PDA

View Full Version : NHC Aberdeen's Red Shed to become permanent from next season

Antifa Hibs
02-03-2020, 08:36 PM
Celtic and Aberdeen leading the way leaving the rest of us behind...

https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/03/02/the-return-of-the-red-shed/ (https://www.afc.co.uk/2020/03/02/the-return-of-the-red-shed/)

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2020, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I really feel left behind by Aberdeen who we recently hammered 3-0.

davhibby
02-03-2020, 08:43 PM
Wonder if all the season ticket holders in that stand(the family section) are vowing to never return because of this

SquashedFrogg
02-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Is that the empty Shed? Man, I'm super jealous.

Bostonhibby
02-03-2020, 08:49 PM
All they need now is huge crowds to fill it and they're off and running.

I'm kind of envious actually.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
02-03-2020, 08:51 PM
Wonder if all the season ticket holders in that stand(the family section) are vowing to never return because of this

Hopefully they'll have been consulted and not just had it imposed upon them.

bingo70
02-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Have they started building their new stadium yet?

linlithgowhibbie
02-03-2020, 09:37 PM

They have a lovely big sign in a field telling you where it will be built!!!

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2020, 09:52 PM
Didnt work last time they did it.

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2020, 09:53 PM

Nope they can't afford it

one day maybe...
02-03-2020, 10:00 PM
They are looking to have a fan zone experience at the rear of the Richard Donald stand up to a thousand capacity. They are currently in talks with the council and licensing board, exploring all the pitfalls and benefits of holding such an event to increase the match day experience for their fans.

Wilson
02-03-2020, 10:43 PM
They have a lovely big sign in a field telling you where it will be built!!!

So the signs are good?

stuart-farquhar
02-03-2020, 10:54 PM
Omg. Scares me and I'm not scared by anything.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2020, 12:26 AM
Oh the levity on here. They are a club with a poor reputation for atmosphere and they are trying to do something about it ... more to the point, their experiment got 2000 folk into a singing section and yet Hibs, a club with an average that exceeds theirs, have some of our own fans scoffing at the idea that we could do the same in the FF lower.

They have a new owner who even if he has a downer on the new stadium plan clearly wants to do everything he can to make Pittodrie more of a challenge for away teams. Time we got the finger out and had a go ourselves instead of laughing at other clubs for trying something that many of our fans think would be a good thing in our own stadium.

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 12:50 AM
“Over the next week we will be contacting all existing season ticket holders in the Merkland Stand about our plans to offer alternative seating for 20/21 for those who do not want to remain in the stand, including the first pick of seats that are not renewed ahead of the new season. We want to ensure that everyone sticks with us for what promises to be an exciting new chapter in the history of Pittodrie.”

As simple as that

marinello59
03-03-2020, 04:02 AM

Nope. They blew the budget on their new training centre named after club legend Dave Cormack.

Onceinawhile
03-03-2020, 06:27 AM
Hope it doesn't help them beat more league one teams 1 nil with a penalty.

How will we ever catch up.

Hibee87
03-03-2020, 06:35 AM
“Over the next week we will be contacting all existing season ticket holders in the Merkland Stand about our plans to offer alternative seating for 20/21 for those who do not want to remain in the stand, including the first pick of seats that are not renewed ahead of the new season. We want to ensure that everyone sticks with us for what promises to be an exciting new chapter in the history of Pittodrie.”

As simple as that

Problem with us is there will still be a few moaning who have 'sat here since it was built' and who kick up that much of a stink it appears the Hibs board bow to the few. You can't please everyone all the time, but I'm fairly sure the vast majority want to see this happen/move to be part of it.

hibbie02
03-03-2020, 09:52 AM
Off topic, I love the photo they use with the guy in the middle proudly waving his "Sheepsh***er" flag!

SMAXXA
03-03-2020, 09:57 AM
What is the red shed?

HibeeHibernian4
03-03-2020, 10:52 AM
What is the red shed?

It’s what they’re calling their singing section. It’s the stand behind the goals that’s furthest from where the away end is. It’s a bit of a dump but I reckon it would make a fair din.

Keith_M
03-03-2020, 01:22 PM
It’s what they’re calling their singing section. It’s the stand behind the goals that’s furthest from where the away end is. It’s a bit of a dump but I reckon it would make a fair din.

A very long time ago, that actually used to be the away end. They then moved the away fans to the old shed which preceded their current Beach End Stand. Used to get a good old sing-song in there.

Showing my age :greengrin

Panda
03-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Didnt work last time they did it.

Well, it did. It was trialed for both the Dumbarton and Kilmarnock games and sold out both times.

Any who ever watches an Aberdeen game on TV will see that stand is always half empty. It's too big to be the family stand. A lot of parents pay the extra and take their kids to the lower deck at the other end as it has better facilities and a better view, so common sense now prevailing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0gHFFyJokc

CapitalGreen
03-03-2020, 02:25 PM
I noticed at the recent cup game v Dundee United that they have also turned their shed into the designated singing section.