PDA

View Full Version : 3rd place or Cup Final?

Greenio
02-03-2020, 08:21 PM
Would you rather beat Hearts tom and push on for 3rd place, or save the win for April for a shot at the cup?

Sir David Gray
02-03-2020, 08:23 PM
If we had to win just one of the two derbies it would be the semi final.

Stuart93
02-03-2020, 08:24 PM
If we had to win just one of the two derbies it would be the semi final.

100%

Lancs Harp
02-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Just call me greedy ....... both.

Cant see us getting 3rd or even 4th to be honest, We'll finsh 5th I reckon and take the glory in the Cup final.:wink:

Diclonius
02-03-2020, 08:27 PM
I'd take 0-3 tomorrow if we won the semi final.

Andy74
02-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Has anyone ever been offered such a thing?

Speedy
02-03-2020, 08:31 PM
Assuming it was win one, lose one. I'd rather we win the semi. We've still got loads to play for in the league regardless.

H18 SFR
02-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Just call me greedy ....... both.

Cant see us getting 3rd or even 4th to be honest, We'll finsh 5th I reckon and take the glory in the Cup final.:wink:

But of course it will be in reverse - win the cup then go on to finish 5th.

Waxy
02-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Both. We are good enough to win both and should be aiming to do so.It is our time.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2020, 08:36 PM
No excuse for not being in the cup final. If we lose the semi Ross can go for all I care. 3rd or not, losing to them again at Hampden would be totally unacceptable. A must win.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2020, 08:53 PM
No excuse for not being in the cup final. If we lose the semi Ross can go for all I care. 3rd or not, losing to them again at Hampden would be totally unacceptable. A must win.

That's nuts.

Waxy
02-03-2020, 08:55 PM

Rubbish. Luck can play a huge part and i’d like us to keep Jack Ross.

HibbyAndy
02-03-2020, 08:56 PM

Wow

flash
02-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Our resident Mr Angry has spoken.

04Sauzee
02-03-2020, 09:00 PM
That's nuts.

Off course it is, look at me

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2020, 09:00 PM
Our resident Mr Angry has spoken.

Bore off.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2020, 09:03 PM
Off course it is, look at me

He wouldn't recover in the eyes of the toxic part of our support and until the next chance to beat them at Hampden comes up we'd be hearing about it. I don't want that again.

It's not just Jack Ross, the club desperately need to beat Hearts in a huge game.

flash
02-03-2020, 09:04 PM
Bore off.

Nah you are relentless on this forum.

Stuart93
02-03-2020, 09:05 PM
He wouldn't recover in the eyes of the toxic part of our support and until the next chance to beat them at Hampden comes up we'd be hearing about it. I don't want that again.

It's not just Jack Ross, the club desperately need to beat Hearts in a huge game.

You’re part of the toxic part of the support then?

You clearly stated he could go for all you care if we didn’t win

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Nah you are relentless on this forum.

I'm really not. Keep it on topic pal. Not interested in your opinion of me. PM me if you want to give that.

DH1875
02-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Surely has to be the cup.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2020, 09:08 PM
You’re part of the toxic part of the support then?

You clearly stated he could go for all you care if we didn’t win

No, the toxic ones are the ones who hounded out previous managers and made Easter road a horrendous place to be. Same would happen to Ross eventually, he'd be constantly beaten with the lost to hearts in the semi stick. My post history clearly shows I do not hound managers.

He should be able to win this game. Barring something mental happening we have no excuse this time. We're much better and must show it.

Stuart93
02-03-2020, 09:10 PM
No, the toxic ones are the ones who hounded out previous managers and made Easter road a horrendous place to be. Same would happen to Ross eventually, he'd be constantly beaten with the lost to hearts in the semi stick.

He should be able to win this game. Barring something mental happening we have no excuse this time. We're much better and must show it.

The exact same stick you beat him with above then?

Your posts are quite contradictory.

You say he can go for all you care if we lose then say he’d be hounded out by the toxic part of the support.

Sounds very much like you’d participate in the hounding

Andy74
02-03-2020, 09:11 PM
No, the toxic ones are the ones who hounded out previous managers and made Easter road a horrendous place to be. Same would happen to Ross eventually, he'd be constantly beaten with the lost to hearts in the semi stick. My post history clearly shows I do not hound managers.

You have just said you’d be one of them. In fact you’re about the only person I’ve heard yet even begin to suggest that Ross would be under pressure for anything.

jeffers
02-03-2020, 09:11 PM
I'd far rather win the cup game than finish 3rd. While the latter would be a great achievement we don't win anything for it whereas we could win a trophy if we beat them in a semi.

SquashedFrogg
02-03-2020, 09:13 PM

Wow.

hfc rd
02-03-2020, 09:18 PM

Thank God you aren’t the Hibs chairman then.

Waxy
02-03-2020, 09:18 PM
No point putting extra pressure on the manager and therefore on the players and club.
Let them play freely like they can and if we lose we lose.
Just be ready to fight as well as play.

SuperTortolano
02-03-2020, 09:20 PM
If it was just one or the other I would normally say the cup but I'd hate for them to stay up because they took 3 points of us!

Hibs90
02-03-2020, 09:32 PM

If we lose both he can go for me.

Both are must wins for different reasons and of course the main one - it's a derby.

Michael
02-03-2020, 09:33 PM

Anything can happen in a one-off game. What if Hearts are awarded a goal that doesn't cross the line or an offside goal? Can't blame the manager for that - these are usually close games and a bit of fortune can edge it.

Hibs90
02-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Anything can happen in a one-off game. What if Hearts are awarded a goal that doesn't cross the line or an offside goal? Can't blame the manager for that - these are usually close games and a bit of fortune can edge it.

I do get that side and of course luck and whatever can come into it but as it stands there is no reason we shouldn't be winning both, losing both would be unacceptable IMO.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2020, 09:58 PM
Has anyone ever been offered such a thing?

Like your thinking dude. Not mutually exclusive.

edinburghhibee
03-03-2020, 12:17 AM
**** thum! Let’s do both! There bottom of the league for Christ sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 12:54 AM

FFS

Ah wait, it’s only the toxic fans that would want him out, which you aren’t part of?

HibeeHibernian4
03-03-2020, 01:23 AM

What the utter **** is this?!

Greenio
03-03-2020, 03:14 AM
Personally I'd rather take third place than a runners up medal.

I love watching us playing European teams, regardless of who or where they are, and the added bonus of helping send them down is just eh cherry on top!

(I actually think we will do both, so happy ****in days! - quietly mind!)

houstonhibbee
03-03-2020, 04:15 AM
Seems like you’re asking two quite different questions
On the thread title I’d prefer 3rd place rather than a cup final that we would likely lose
On the question of choosing which game against Hearts to win I’d pick the cup. We can still finish third without beating hearts but can’t get to the cup final unless we beat hearts
And on the point of JR as manager if we lost both he would still have my backing 100%. I’ve supported Hibs long enough to know when we have a winner. It doesn’t come along very often

Onion
03-03-2020, 04:28 AM
Want both but if forced to choose, would take a semifinal win. When was the last time Hibs beat Hearts at Hamdump ? Not in my lifetime. League games come and go, but high time Hibs grew a pair and dumped these chumps in a big game.

Question : to what extent will the 2012 game have on the players and clubs ? It was a humbling experience for Hibs. Will players like Stevenson and Hanlon be even more determined or do Hearts have an Indian sign over us ?

PeeJay
03-03-2020, 04:55 AM
The league is and always will be more important to me, beating Hearts at any time is fine with me too ...

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 05:11 AM
FFS

Ah wait, it’s only the toxic fans that would want him out, which you aren’t part of?

No, I'm not. Wanting a manager to leave isn't toxic. The abuse many on here gave Hecky and Fenlon for example was.

Right now I'm quite happy with Ross, he's doing well but if he loses the semi final I would be asking questions. I think many would be right on top of him for it.

Seems many on here are already getting the excuses in for another Hearts fluky win. Not having it. It's a must win match for us and no bull**** luck excuses will do. It's much bigger than a league game. I want them to watch 25k Hibs fans go nuts for once, see how much it hurts.

Since452
03-03-2020, 05:18 AM
Rather take the cup final over 3rd. I won't lose sleep at not getting 3rd but I'd love a day out a Hampden in May with a chance of silverware beating Hearts in the semi.

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 05:39 AM

What a crock that is. Ridiculous comment.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 05:48 AM
What a crock that is. Ridiculous comment.

I don't really think it is a crock. Yoy may disagree but I do think losing such a big game to that Hearts team with this Hibs side, a side full of quality players like Allan, Doidge, Hanlon, Boyle, Docherty etc wouldn't be good enough.

Willing to bet quite a few feel like I do if the unthinkable happens.

FilipinoHibs
03-03-2020, 05:51 AM
Cup final. I have just booked my flights back from the Philippines. Arriving May 1st and departing May 11th.

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 06:12 AM
No, I'm not. Wanting a manager to leave isn't toxic. The abuse many on here gave Hecky and Fenlon for example was.

Right now I'm quite happy with Ross, he's doing well but if he loses the semi final I would be asking questions. I think many would be right on top of him for it.

Seems many on here are already getting the excuses in for another Hearts fluky win. Not having it. It's a must win match for us and no bull**** luck excuses will do. It's much bigger than a league game. I want them to watch 25k Hibs fans go nuts for once, see how much it hurts.

“ He wouldn't recover in the eyes of the toxic part of our support”

So in the eyes of the toxic part of our support as well as your eyes then?

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 06:17 AM
“ He wouldn't recover in the eyes of the toxic part of our support”

So in the eyes of the toxic part of our support as well as your eyes then?

I'm basing that statement on the many times things like that have happened in the past. I definitely wouldn't be happy but much worse results have happened and I've still backed the manager. I just wouldn't be that fussed about him, if he cant beat this Hearts side at Hampden then he isn't that great.

bigwheel
03-03-2020, 06:20 AM
I'm basing that statement on the many times things like that have happened in the past. I definitely wouldn't be happy but much worse results have happened and I've still backed the manager. I just wouldn't be that fussed about him, if he cant beat this Hearts side at Hampden then he isn't that great.

Do you actually believe that nonsense ? Sure we all want to win there....yet Anything can happen in a game to effect the result...to suggest you’ll judge a manager in a one off game defies any decent analysis...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 06:20 AM
I don't really think it is a crock. Yoy may disagree but I do think losing such a big game to that Hearts team with this Hibs side, a side full of quality players like Allan, Doidge, Hanlon, Boyle, Docherty etc wouldn't be good enough.

You and other short term reactionary fans need to realise any defeats years ago are in the past and can't be changed. The semi final will take care of itself however we will see what form both teams are in when the semi final comes around and probably as importantly who is available to play. Fair chance there will be injuries on both sides.

Squad wise don't think there is much between the teams and come the semi final both will think they can win and a one off game anything can happen. To try and link the outcome of that game to a managers future is silly and any sort of reaction in that direction if we do lose is ridiculous and self defeating. The bottom line is we could very easily lose the semi final however in Jack Ross imo we have a very good manager who is doing a good job at the moment especially in terms of getting the best out of the players so we will with a fair wind have a decent chance of winning.

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 06:22 AM

It isn't unthinkable we could easily lose the semi final but as importantly could win also that's how sport works.

FilipinoHibs
03-03-2020, 06:23 AM
If Celtic get to the final, highly likely, will their opponent, win or loose, not get a Europa League spot?

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2020, 06:24 AM
If it wasn't against Hearts I'd say 3rd place. But as it would meant being pumped by them in a Hampden semi, 3rd place can GTF.

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 06:25 AM

What an attitude that is. You stated you’re not one to hound managers out however you would want this one out if the team loses a one off semi final against our biggest rivals? That’s madness imo.

You bemoaned folk hounding previous managers such as Fenlon who overseen 2 of the clubs worst results in our history yet one defeat for JR and he’s got to go?

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 06:25 AM
If Celtic get to the final, highly likely, will their opponent, win or loose, not get a Europa League spot?

No

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 06:26 AM
You and other short term reactionary fans need to realise any defeats years ago are in the past and can't be changed. The semi final will take care of itself however we will see what form both teams are in when the semi final comes around and probably as importantly who is available to play. Fair chance there will be injuries on both sides.

Squad wise don't think there is much between the teams and come the semi final both will think they can win and a one off game anything can happen. To try and link the outcome of that game to a managers future is silly and any sort of reaction in that direction if we do lose is ridiculous and self defeating. The bottom line is we could very easily lose the semi final however in Jack Ross imo we have a very good manager who is doing a good job at the moment especially in terms of getting the best out of the players so we will with a fair wind have a decent chance of winning.Try actually reading my post history before calling me a short term reactionary fan. I'm anything but. You don't think there is much between the teams :faf:
Not one player from their team gets in ours.

Very good managers don't lose semi finals to bottom of the league derby rivals. I don't think Ross will either but if he does I wouldn't be calling him a very good manager or whatever. I wouldn't give him abuse but I wouldn't really be arsed if he left or not. I do like the guy but the importance of this game cant be understated. If we aren't in the cup final it will be a disaster.

Do you actually believe that nonsense ? Sure we all want to win there....yet Anything can happen in a game to effect the result...to suggest you’ll judge a manager in a one off game defies any decent analysis...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Of course anything can happen, that is why I've said barring something mental like us getting a man sent off after 5 minutes.

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2020, 06:28 AM

Sentiment endorsed!

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 06:28 AM
What an attitude that is. You stated you’re not one to hound managers out however you would want this one out if the team loses a one off semi final against our biggest rivals? That’s madness imo.

You bemoaned folk hounding previous managers such as Fenlon who overseen 2 of the clubs worst results in our history yet one defeat for JR and he’s got to go?

I haven't actually said that.
Ross has done a decent job so far, some good games, some very poor ones. He should be given time to take us forward but even with the level we're at now losing to them in the semi final would be a horrendous result for him.

Springbank
03-03-2020, 06:31 AM
Cup final

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 06:31 AM
I haven't actually said that.
Ross has done a decent job so far, some good games, some very poor ones. He should be given time to take us forward but even with the level we're at now losing to them in the semi final would be a horrendous result for him.

You haven’t actually said what?

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 06:34 AM
Try actually reading my post history before calling me a short term reactionary fan. I'm anything but. You don't think there is much between the teams :faf:
Not one player from their team gets in ours.

Very good managers don't lose semi finals to bottom of the league derby rivals. I don't think Ross will either but if he does I wouldn't be calling him a very good manager or whatever. I wouldn't give him abuse but I wouldn't really be arsed if he left or not. I do like the guy but the importance of this game cant be understated. If we aren't in the cup final it will be a disaster.

Not interested in your post history your post you were called out for was a shocker and you know it.

There you go being all reactionary again saying it would be a disaster it would be hugely disappointing but a disaster not for me.

Davy Mac
Like 2016, there probably will be not another time we have a chance of winning the damn thing again, Aberdeen, Hertz and Sellick are all beatable at the moment, so winning the semi-final and having another shot at the cup would be my choice 100%.

3rd means nowt in all honesty compared to another crack at the Holy Grail and we do have a chance.

MWHIBBIES
You haven’t actually said what?

That Id want him punted.

I definitely don't want him punted now and might or might not after the semi final.

I've been at the last 2 hampden games against them when we've been at a disadvantage and they've put us to the sword. Now we're at the advantage and should be doing the same. If we don't, questions will rightfully be asked as to why.

danhibees1875
03-03-2020, 06:35 AM

That's not been the case for 7 or 8 years. :aok:

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 06:38 AM
Not interested in your post history your post you were called out for was a shocker and you know it.

There you go being all reactionary again saying it would be a disaster it would be hugely disappointing but a disaster not for me.

Well I don't know it because it isn't a shocker and a few have agreed with me.

If you are happy to watch a much better Hibs team lose to Hearts at hampden, watching 25k of them salvage a horrendous season by beating us and only call it a disappointment then that is fine. Not me though. Utter disaster.

And not just because I'd have to go to a wedding on the final weekend instead :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2020, 06:42 AM
Both

Wee Ron would want it no other way :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
03-03-2020, 06:43 AM
That Id want him punted.

I definitely don't want him punted now and might or might not after the semi final.

I've been at the last 2 hampden games against them when we've been at a disadvantage and they've put us to the sword. Now we're at the advantage and should be doing the same. If we don't, questions will rightfully be asked as to why.

Come on mate, you stated “ If we lose the semi Ross can go for all I care. 3rd or not”.

Are you going to tell me now that what you said is different to actually wanting him out?

Sir David Gray
03-03-2020, 06:44 AM

That rule got scrapped a number of years ago.

If the cup winners have already qualified for Europe then the European place goes to the highest placed team in the Premiership that hasn't automatically qualified for Europe. This season that's 4th.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 06:47 AM
Come on mate, you stated “ If we lose the semi Ross can go for all I care. 3rd or not”.

Are you going to tell me now that what you said is different to actually wanting him out?

That is a bit different from wanting him sacked. I basically meant I wouldn't be bothered if he was. I just don't see losing this game as good enough.

Waxy
03-03-2020, 06:51 AM
Dismal thread anyway. Where we are we must think we can win both barring bits of bad luck.
Thread is causing conflict where there is none.

Greenio
03-03-2020, 07:07 AM
Dismal thread anyway. Where we are we must think we can win both barring bits of bad luck.

Don't shoot the messenger eh! It's a pretty reasonable "would you rather..." question. Hypothetical obvs.

To throw my 2 cents in...(cos why the hell no eh) it's madness to suggest you bin the manager based on one result. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Anyway, enough in fighting, we will spank them both times and lift the cup while they go down...what a dream end to what was looking like a ***** season for a while there.

ian cruise
03-03-2020, 07:24 AM
Like 2016, there probably will be not another time we have a chance of winning the damn thing again, Aberdeen, Hertz and Sellick are all beatable at the moment, so winning the semi-final and having another shot at the cup would be my choice 100%.

3rd means nowt in all honesty compared to another crack at the Holy Grail and we do have a chance.

We will have a chance to win the Cup on many occasions. We had a chance in 2012 and didn't take it, we had a chance in 2016 and did and here we are again, two games away from the trophy. If you count 2013 where it was a harder task and no one gave us a shout that's 4 opportunities in a decade.

I'd love us to win it again, and I think we can, but just because it took us so long to win it a second time doesn't mean we'll be waiting the same amount of time again.

Vini1875
03-03-2020, 07:26 AM

Exactly. These types of threads show a poor mentality if you ask me. No need to prepare for a disappointment, we could instead be getting excited about a massive up turn from early season thoughts of relegation and our continued upward trajectory.

rotherhamrob
03-03-2020, 07:28 AM
Cup final for me, outwith the gruesome 2some it's every other teams only realistic chance of silverware.
I've noticed a few have said what's the point of the final if you're going to lose? That's a bit negative, who's to say that Aberdeen won't beat celtic or that we couldn't in a final?
They aren't going to win everything for eternity.

Barman Stanton
03-03-2020, 07:40 AM

WTF!? You would be happy for Ross to go for losing one game?? Thats absolutely bonkers. One of the most mental things Iv read on here!

hibbie02
03-03-2020, 08:03 AM
We should win both games based on current form, but that means nowt against them.

For me it is vital to beat them tonight to put another nail in their coffin for this season. The Semi is a free hit and a chance to rub their nose in it. I wouldn't be confident of beating Sellick of the Sheepies in the final, and I don't believe the Cup is the Holy Grail any longer. If we reach the final great, another day out at Hampden. Our record there is awful but it is a bonus with the outside chance of glory. 2 wins against them and then they get relegated would a great outcome for me.

Septimus
03-03-2020, 08:32 AM
Just want Hibs to go onto the park and give a good account of themselves in both these games. We have a team now which is being managed to win and that is good enough for me.

The Modfather
03-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Anyone else automatically assume they are probably arguing with folk whenever they see MWHibbies has posted on a thread? It appears the poster usually looks to take the minority view on any subject, the more controversial the better, IMO.

snedzuk
03-03-2020, 11:04 AM
We will have a chance to win the Cup on many occasions. We had a chance in 2012 and didn't take it, we had a chance in 2016 and did and here we are again, two games away from the trophy. If you count 2013 where it was a harder task and no one gave us a shout that's 4 opportunities in a decade.

I'd love us to win it again, and I think we can, but just because it took us so long to win it a second time doesn't mean we'll be waiting the same amount of time again.

Third time.

lyonhibs
03-03-2020, 11:12 AM

Talk about going off the deep end, toxic style.

We'll probably never have a better chance to do both over a Hearts team. Let's go for, and feel confident of being capable of, both.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 11:18 AM
WTF!? You would be happy for Ross to go for losing one game?? Thats absolutely bonkers. One of the most mental things Iv read on here!

Im never happy when we sack a manager, I always want them to succeed but if Ross and Hibs lose the semi final against such a poor hearts side then I'll be asking questions.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Im never happy when we sack a manager, I always want them to succeed but if Ross and Hibs lose the semi final against such a poor hearts side then I'll be asking questions.

Ridiculous post.

Barman Stanton
03-03-2020, 11:27 AM

Its one game, and a derby. Absolutely anything can happen. We are not Barca, we have no given right to beat anyone let alone our closest rivals. Look at the mess Hearts have been in since they took a similar attitude and hounded out Neilson.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 11:33 AM
Its one game, and a derby. Absolutely anything can happen. We are not Barca, we have no given right to beat anyone let alone our closest rivals. Look at the mess Hearts have been in since they took a similar attitude and hounded out Neilson.

It's a huge game, a game we'll be hearing about for years if we lose, especially with the positions of both teams right now. Anything can happen yes, as I've already said I understand that. But wouldn't it be great not to lose and watch all those mutants rubbing it in.

I did say I'd hound him out. I said I wouldn't be fussed if he left after it and I would be asking questions about him. Hardly unreasonable.

WeeRussell
03-03-2020, 11:35 AM
Actually a tough one that*. I'm pretty (dangerously in fact) confident tonight, and I think a decent win will only enhance our position as confident favourites for the semi.

Thing is, I doubt we probably won't finish third anyway. And a win tonight doesn't secure it by any means, whereas a win in the next game against them gives us a final (albeit probably against Celtic).

The Semi surely has to be the bigger game. Cup finals are what it's all about.

Let's start with a good win and another nail in the jambo relegation coffin though, and do the double.

*Edit, maybe it's not a tough one after all.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 11:41 AM
It's a huge game, a game we'll be hearing about for years if we lose, especially with the positions of both teams right now. Anything can happen yes, as I've already said I understand that. But wouldn't it be great not to lose and watch all those mutants rubbing it in.

I did say I'd hound him out. I said I wouldn't be fussed if he left after it and I would be asking questions about him. Hardly unreasonable.

I think it's wholly unreasonable.

Barman Stanton
03-03-2020, 11:42 AM

Hey you cant help how you feel I guess. I just think we have a real good manager in Jack Ross, and losing to Hearts wouldnt change that. Im old enough to know derbys often go against the form etc. Damn even the Famous Five had a terrible record against Hearts.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 11:44 AM
I think it's wholly unreasonable.

I'll survive

Jones28
03-03-2020, 12:03 PM

I don’t remember people demanding Mowbray be sacked after multiple doings against Hearts, 2 4-0’s and a 4-1 in that season.

I'm Spartacus
03-03-2020, 12:08 PM
Semi all day long.

Gypsy King
03-03-2020, 12:25 PM

It would be a disaster If we lost to them at Hampden. We should absolutely blow them away .

hibbysam
03-03-2020, 12:28 PM
I don’t remember people demanding Mowbray be sacked after multiple doings against Hearts, 2 4-0’s and a 4-1 in that season.

Probably more to do with the hearts side we were up against. I wouldn’t want Jack sacked, absolutely not. But we should be blowing this hearts team away, and I believe we will.

Waxy
03-03-2020, 12:30 PM
Actually a strange statistic we’ve only ever played them twice at hampden.

overdrive
03-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Semi all day long.

Been hitting the low dosage Viagra again?

HibeeHibernian4
03-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Actually a strange statistic we’ve only ever played them twice at hampden.

And Logie Green in 1896. I remember there was a picture on it of the programme at THAT final. :greengrin

Keith_M
03-03-2020, 01:18 PM
I refuse to settle for one or the other.

I want both

:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2020, 01:57 PM
I refuse to settle for one or the other.

I want both

:greengrin

This

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 02:11 PM
Shame people can't give opinions on here anymore without being called names. Hopefully admins do enforce the policy changes promised after the Tracy incidents because it seems many have learned nothing.

I have my opinion, I've backed it up and replied to those who are mature enough to reply with theirs.

Pretty Boy
03-03-2020, 02:36 PM
There really is no need for some of the stuff aimed at an individual poster on this thread (who I have disagreed with plenty times over the years). They have made their point, tried to back it up and remained pretty calm despite a lot of flak. It's perfectly possible to disagree with people without resorting to name calling.

I'm going to let this thread run for now, and tidy up some of the insults, but if it continues in the same vein then it's going to be closed. Also if people don't control themselves then I don't expect complaints when warnings etc start getting handed out.

JeMeSouviens
03-03-2020, 02:39 PM

3rd!

JeMeSouviens
03-03-2020, 02:41 PM
It would be a disaster If we lost to them at Hampden. We should absolutely blow them away .

Yeah, but Sevco should have too, twice. It's a funny old game and all that. I'll settle for 2 wins any old how.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 02:41 PM
Losing the semi to them is unimaginable and it would be a disaster.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 02:42 PM
Yeah, but Sevco should have too, twice. It's a funny old game and all that. I'll settle for 2 wins any old how.

The pink dump is a bit of a leveller in that respect. Them at hampden there would be no excuse to lose to the *****st side in the league who happen to be our fiercest rivals. I hope the players and manager have that attitude too.

Is It On....
03-03-2020, 02:43 PM
This started off as a "would you rather.." theoretical question and has somehow ended up in a Jack Ross can go if we lose argument. I grew up in the 80s and didn't see Hibs win against them whilst at secondary school and also endured horendous runs of winless games against them. As such I am always a bit nervous when playing them even when we have the better team (like now) so whilst we should be favorites you can't guarantee anything in the next 2 fixtures. GGTTH

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2020, 02:44 PM
3rd!

Barman Stanton
03-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Losing the semi to them is unimaginable and it would be a disaster.

It would totally suck but would it really be a disaster? Lets be honest, the winner will likely get beat by Celtic in the final anyway. It would hurt but they 'killed us as a club' before and we look in alright health at the moment.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 02:50 PM
It would totally suck but would it really be a disaster? Lets be honest, the winner will likely get beat by Celtic in the final anyway. It would hurt but they 'killed us as a club' before and we look in alright health at the moment.

It would be aye. We are miles better than them, there’s a feel good factor being built up and even if we lose the final the run would be remembered for the Semi. Lose it gives them a massive boost in terms of support, season ticket sales, general apathy, does the opposite for us.

It would be a disaster imo. Especially at a time when Gordon is trying to get the support to buy into his plans.

Barman Stanton
03-03-2020, 02:59 PM
It would be aye. We are miles better than them, there’s a feel good factor being built up and even if we lose the final the run would be remembered for the Semi. Lose it gives them a massive boost in terms of support, season ticket sales, general apathy, does the opposite for us.

It would be a disaster imo. Especially at a time when Gordon is trying to get the support to buy into his plans.

It would hurt the fans but we would survive like we always have. I just dont think losing a game to hearts is the end of the world. Have heard plenty of times before how losing these big games would ruin us etc. It just doesnt happen.

Not that it matters, we will win both these games anyway.

crash
03-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Make no mistake, the semi final is our biggest game in the last 4 years, and should be treated as such.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 03:12 PM
Make no mistake, the semi final is our biggest game in the last 4 years, and should be treated as such.

Doesn't mean we automatically sack the manager if we lose it though.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2020, 03:20 PM
I think we will probably get a better idea after tonight’s game

I remember wi Hecky at the Wheel we were going to roll over them at Easter Road and they gubbed us 2-1 wi a spawny deflection

Another nail in Hecky’s coffin

The yams are always up for it and usually more so than us

Yes another semi final loss would be a disaster but not a sacking

Cmon the HIBS

Jim44
03-03-2020, 03:21 PM
Talk of sacking JR on the back of two possible defeats, even to them, is ridiculous. Everything, since he came to ER, has not been perfect, but the turnaround in our results and performances justifies his security for well beyond the foreseeable future.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 03:26 PM

Agreed. Enormous game on so many levels. Them beating us a 3rd time at Hampden isn't an option.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 03:28 PM
There really is no need for some of the stuff aimed at an individual poster on this thread (who I have disagreed with plenty times over the years). They have made their point, tried to back it up and remained pretty calm despite a lot of flak. It's perfectly possible to disagree with people without resorting to name calling.

I'm going to let this thread run for now, and tidy up some of the insults, but if it continues in the same vein then it's going to be closed. Also if people don't control themselves then I don't expect complaints when warnings etc start getting handed out.

Appreciated

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 03:32 PM
It would hurt the fans but we would survive like we always have. I just dont think losing a game to hearts is the end of the world. Have heard plenty of times before how losing these big games would ruin us etc. It just doesnt happen.

Not that it matters, we will win both these games anyway.

I think we could gain season ticket holders and convince people that are 50/50 to renew, lose and they could be lost.

I agree, we will win both. ****in mon the cabbage.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 03:33 PM

I remember wi Hecky at the Wheel we were going to roll over them at Easter Road and they gubbed us 2-1 wi a spawny deflection

Cmon the HIBS

I don’t think anyone said he should be sacked should we lose in all honesty.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 03:36 PM

:confused:

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 03:37 PM

Exactly. Thanks for backing me up. No one said he should be sacked.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 03:38 PM

“I’ll be asking questions” doesn’t mean “I’m going to get the pitch fork out and demand his sacking”. People are jumping the gun to have a go.

Peevemor
Exactly. Thanks for backing me up. No one said he should be sacked.

Aye, very good. :aok:

BILLYHIBS

Suggested then?

Cannae be arsed reading through the thread

OK had a quick look tenth post down

theonlywayisup
Not read the response so far and usually can't be bothered with such threads, but it's a very good question this time around.

I think that us beating them tonight will mean more to Hibs having a successful season than beating them at Hampden. Utter rubbish, I hear you all say and you're probably right.

My logic is that win tonight and I can see us going on and catching the teams above us. Lose tonight and I think we'll struggle to catch Motherwell and Aberdeen. Not impossible, but difficult.

A win against Hertz at Hampden would be great, but then we'll probably have Celtic in the Final. It's great having a cup final day out, but we'll probably end up with nothing for a season's hard work.

It's all ifs and buts, but that's my logic.

Now if we could win both.....................

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 03:39 PM
“I’ll be asking questions” doesn’t mean “I’m going to get the pitch fork out and demand his sacking”. People are jumping the gun to have a go.

Aye right. :aok:

emerald green
03-03-2020, 03:40 PM
I always want Hibs to beat Hearts, whether it's a league or cup match.

If I cannot have both, what I'd settle for is a draw tonight because that's no use in their attempt to avoid relegation (they are desperate for three points, and that makes them very dangerous tonight), and murder them at Hampden.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Suggested then?

Cannae be arsed reading through the thread

I think it was more of a suggestion of his managerial ability being brought into question coupled by not really bothering if he did leave instead of demanding a sacking.

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Aye right. :aok:

I’m not even being wide or anything. I could see myself on the way back from hampden after losing not really being arsed if the manager stayed and I think he’s the ideal man to manage us long term. I can’t see it happening anyway so it’s a massively hypothetical argument my friend.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2020, 03:49 PM
I think it was more of a suggestion of his managerial ability being brought into question coupled by not really bothering if he did leave instead of demanding a sacking.

TBH I do not really want to get involved that poster is entitled to his opinion and I respect that

Let’s just do this HIBS

Win both

No need for any sackings 😁

The 90+2
03-03-2020, 03:51 PM
TBH I do not really want to get involved that poster is entitled to his opinion and I respect that

Let’s just do this HIBS

Win both

No need for any sackings 😁

Correct Billy. Enjoy tonight 💚

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 03:56 PM
Aye, very good. :aok:

Cheers 😊

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 08:05 PM
I lied. He can go now. Desperately out thought tonight.

Crab apple
03-03-2020, 08:38 PM

The first part of your post is ridiculous but you're spot on about JR being out thought. That was a truly horrendous performance.

Waxy
03-03-2020, 08:42 PM
I’ll take the cup final.

Waxy
03-03-2020, 08:44 PM

Its poor defending. Certainly nowhere near wanting the manager out.

jacomo
03-03-2020, 08:46 PM
As I have said all along, the semi is more important.

:wink:

Callum_62
03-03-2020, 08:49 PM
Semi, defo.

[emoji15]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

tamig
03-03-2020, 08:58 PM

Garbage. Too many players off it tonight. You can’t win a derby when more than half your team are off the boil. Players are due us big time in the semi now.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2020, 05:43 AM

Cmon the HIBS

Jack Ross has a big job on his hands to turn things around before the semi final to avoid another embarrassment at Hampden

A big home support once again let down by a team that did not turn up against a team that wanted it more

MWHIBBIES
04-03-2020, 06:24 AM
Garbage. Too many players off it tonight. You can’t win a derby when more than half your team are off the boil. Players are due us big time in the semi now.

You also cant win it when your manager gets totally out thought and does nothing to change it.

JimBHibees
04-03-2020, 06:25 AM

:not worth not reactionary at all.