PDA

View Full Version : Balon D`Oidge

Irish_Steve
02-03-2020, 08:18 PM
Excellent wee piece on the BBC about the Welsh Wonder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51664174

Northernhibee
02-03-2020, 09:45 PM
He’s such a good character and you can see his work ethic on the pitch. Ryan Giggs’ comparison of him to Jamie Vardy is spot on - humble enough to work hard and succeed the more difficult way.

If he was to go to a Championship club down south I wouldn’t bet against him forcing his way into the team through sheer hard work and self improvement.

Sammy7nil
02-03-2020, 09:48 PM
Nice article

neil7908
03-03-2020, 07:08 AM
Makes a lot of sense that's he's come to football from the workforce when you see him on the pitch.

Always gives 100% and seems to love every minute of playing and scoring. You can see he's not taking anything for granted.

Hibernian Verse
03-03-2020, 07:19 AM
I love that man.

7/1 to score a brace tonight.

Jim44
03-03-2020, 07:21 AM
I like his reference to ‘luck’. “It was like the shackles came off," he says. "I definitely did get some lucky ones, but that's about perseverance when things aren't going well and it was my time to get a bit of luck.”

I hope Richard Gordon reads that article.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 08:07 AM
You can't help but like the guy and want him to do well (for himself as much as Hibs).

It made me smile on Friday to see him celebrating Gullan's goal while he was still on his backside after playing Jamie in.

In fact, every goal scored he seems to be the first to celebrate whether it was him or not.

What impresses me most though is that whenever somebody else scores, Doidge is nearly always ready in the middle in case there's a rebound.

Gypsy King
03-03-2020, 08:41 AM
What a fantastic player this boy is. Cant believe I had written him off after a couple months.

Stick on for golden boot at the euros ;)

Vault Boy
03-03-2020, 08:43 AM
Nice Read, Christian has a great attitude and is showing his talent too. Can't wait for him to head one in tonight.

FilipinoHibs
03-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Apologies to the Doidge for my early criticisms. He looks to be a wonderful person and his play outside the box is great. Bottle of ST Emilon when I am over. Will be
Hanging around Meadowbank shopping centre.

Barman Stanton
03-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Apologies to the Doidge for my early criticisms. He looks to be a wonderful person and his play outside the box is great. Bottle of ST Emilon when I am over. Will be
Hanging around Meadowbank shopping centre.

Fair play to you. When people talk about the stick he got I always think of yourself. You were incredibly vocal about him being a complete dud. Just shows you really do need to give some players time to fit in at a new club.

franck sauzee
03-03-2020, 09:43 AM
The only thing that didn't stop me from labelling him a complete dud at the start was that he was getting into good positions. He was missing sitters all over the place though. Thankfully he got that bit of luck and a few goals to get him off and running. I did however write Newell off and he's turned out about our best player. Delighted he's made me look like a mug

Baader
03-03-2020, 09:43 AM
Love his attitude. So happy for him he turned it around after a difficult start. Very hard thing to do. Especially as a striker. Goal tonight please big man!

Pilrig_Sauzee
03-03-2020, 09:51 AM
Jackson and Doidge up front for me!

Deansy
03-03-2020, 02:31 PM
Love the guy - to turn around his fortunes after the start he had with us speaks volumes for his work-rate, effort and attitude !

Well over-due hat-for a trick tonight I feel !