PDA

View Full Version : International games at Easter Road

Monts
02-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Something that was discussed at the AGM, but I haven't really seen mentioned much on here was the intention to have more international games played at Easter Road. And if I remember correctly, I think RG hinted that there would hopefully be announcements soon.

So what fixtures do you think he could be alluding to?

hibbyfraelibby
02-03-2020, 02:10 PM
Something that was discussed at the AGM, but I haven't really seen mentioned much on here was the intention to have more international games played at Easter Road. And if I remember correctly, I think RG hinted that there would hopefully be announcements soon.

So what fixtures do you think he could be alluding to?

Two of the next three Womens National Team fixtures are ER.

Mikey
02-03-2020, 02:15 PM
ER could be a friendly venue for countries that are a bit further afield and have a lot of players playing in Europe. Australia, Japan, Uruguay for example.

hibby rae
02-03-2020, 02:21 PM
Two of the next three Womens National Team fixtures are ER.

Yeah Portugal in April, I think, and Finland in September. Both big games for European qualification so should be good crowds at those.

hibby rae
02-03-2020, 02:22 PM
ER could be a friendly venue for countries that are a bit further afield and have a lot of players playing in Europe. Australia, Japan, Uruguay for example.

I remember seeing Ghana against South Korea before the 2006 World Cup. I think Ghana won 3 or 4-1.

tamig
02-03-2020, 06:40 PM

Indeed. When I was working in London I had a bunch of Aussies in my team and we went to Loftus Road to see them play Denmark. That was in the run up to the 2006 World Cup. I think there were four or five international friendlies all taking place in London that night. I’m sure we could get in on that act.

Not In The Know
02-03-2020, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=hibbyfraelibby;6104054]Two of the next three Womens National Team fixtures are ER.[/QUOTE the others at tiny castle. So what’s the official word on their unofficial small pitch dimensions?