PDA

View Full Version : Need to get the semi fully sold out

Pages : [1] 2

Springbank
01-03-2020, 04:43 PM
No ifs no buts no excuses

This is the big one, this is revenge

There is no way this Hibs team should be running out at hampden and looking at a sold out hearts end and a patchy Hibs end

Let's get this one sold out and back this team to a famous victory

Every. Hibee. Required.

B.H.F.C
01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Agree. Last Hampden semi final we were beaten before a ball was kicked (although it did help them that they had a good team as well).

This is our biggest opportunity to get some form of revenge for the results that won’t be mentioned.

HibbyAndy
01-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Seriously ? A sold out hearts end and a patchy hibs end ?

Hibs end will be sold out

MWHIBBIES
01-03-2020, 04:48 PM
No excuses. We should and will have 25k Hibs fans there.

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 04:48 PM
I honestly think we'll have no problem in that regard.

We'll get an initial allocation of 22k tickets and we have 13k Season Ticket holders.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2020, 04:50 PM
There were mitigating circumstances for the last semi final v them because of the poor decision making with ticket sales. However a lot of folk just didn't fancy it because they expected us to get beat. It can't have been great for Hibs players to run out and see that.

Forget anything about revenge or whatever. It's a semi final and it's Hibs v Hearts. If you are available and can afford it then you should be there.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2020, 04:50 PM
It will sell out easily.

hibee_girl
01-03-2020, 04:52 PM
It's the Easter holidays so some people might be on holiday, hope that's allowed :greengrin

I'm gutted to be missing it.

HibeeHibernian4
01-03-2020, 04:52 PM
Seriously ? A sold out hearts end and a patchy hibs end ?

Hibs end will be sold out

Well that is what happened in the last semi final. Don't think there'll be a repeat this time.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2020, 04:55 PM
It's the Easter holidays so some people might be on holiday, hope that's allowed :greengrin

You'll only get a final ticket if you keep your semi final stub. :greengrin

Sudds_1
01-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Bloody typical...the revenge semi and i will just be a week out of major surgery and prob still in HDU!! Worse still....if we go and win the damb thing againi miss that too!!!

murray26
01-03-2020, 04:56 PM
I’ll be shocked if this one doesn’t sell out comfortably.. there will be people disappointed if anything..

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 04:57 PM
Bloody typical...the revenge semi and i will just be a week out of major surgery and prob still in HDU!! Worse still....if we go and win the damb thing againi miss that too!!!

Fairweather Fan!!!

Billy Whizz
Season ticket sales, for new holders will be an attraction too😄

HibbyAndy
Well that is what happened in the last semi final. Don't think there'll be a repeat this time.

Totally different circumstances now

Sudds_1
01-03-2020, 04:58 PM
Fairweather Fan!!!

😅😅😅😅 wonder if HDU has a tv. Ma blood pressure Might blow up the monitorif we give them a good skelping 😄😄

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 04:59 PM
😅😅😅😅

Seriously, though, best wishes to you for the Op and I hope you recover quickly

:aok:

Sudds_1
01-03-2020, 05:00 PM
Seriously, though, best wishes to you for the Op and I hope you recover quickly

:aok:

Cheers keith...tuesdaynight is my last game for the season....nice way to finish!

judas
01-03-2020, 05:04 PM

Me too

hibeerealist
01-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Cheers keith...tuesdaynight is my last game for the season....nice way to finish!

Good luck and get back to ER ASAP!!

Sudds_1
01-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Cheers....👍👍

calumhibee1
01-03-2020, 05:12 PM

I’m away on the Sunday so I’m praying for a Saturday game.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2020, 05:25 PM
I’m away on the Sunday so I’m praying for a Saturday game.

It will be the Sunday half 12

Lago
01-03-2020, 05:27 PM
The excuses have started already 😊

DavieRoy
01-03-2020, 05:28 PM
No ifs no buts no excuses

This is the big one, this is revenge

There is no way this Hibs team should be running out at hampden and looking at a sold out hearts end and a patchy Hibs end

Let's get this one sold out and back this team to a famous victory

Every. Hibee. Required.

Spot on. Regardless of venue or kick-off times but we need to sell out.

mcohibs
01-03-2020, 05:28 PM

Why?

The 90+2
01-03-2020, 05:32 PM

No it won’t. Celtic will be on Premier exclusively. They have the Sunday game.

The 90+2
01-03-2020, 05:33 PM
Spot on. Regardless of venue or kick-off times but we need to sell out.

It will sell out no bother unless COVID-19 hits the UK badly in the next month.

Pretty Boy
Saturday teatime would be superb. It will be lunchtime on the Saturday though.

Sir David Gray

Both semis are on Premier Sports.

emerald green
01-03-2020, 05:34 PM
If Hearts are (hopefully) cast adrift at the foot of the table when the league splits on 4 April I wonder how much of a negative impact this will have on their ticket sales for the semi-final?

greenlex
01-03-2020, 05:35 PM
Both Semis are on Premier. I think we will be the Sunday. Might not be early tho.

The 90+2

Yeah, Celtic will be exclusively on them, on the Sunday though.

Hermit Crab
Why?

Easter Sunday Plus Aberdeen fans will have travel issues on the Sunday. We will be the Sunday as we have zero travel issues.

The 90+2
01-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Both Semis are on Premier. I think we will be the Sunday. Might not be early tho.

Premier won’t want to share the tv split with the BBC in terms of advertising when the majority will watch on free to air and they’ve spent millions outbidding bt, and they are also a ROI company.

HendoDelivered
01-03-2020, 05:36 PM
If Hearts are (hopefully) cast adrift at the foot of the table when the league splits on 4 April I wonder how much of a negative impact this will have on their ticket sales for the semi-final?

None I’d imagine, they’ll want to see their team try and beat us. They will sell out regardless I think. As will we.

The 90+2
01-03-2020, 05:37 PM
Easter Sunday Plus Aberdeen fans will have travel issues on the Sunday. We will be the Sunday as we have zero travel issues.

Tv companies don’t care about travelling fans. That won’t even come into consideration.

greenlex
01-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Premier won’t want to share the tv split with the BBC in terms of advertising when the majority will watch on free to air and they’ve spent millions outbidding bt, and they are also a ROI company.
Easter Sunday. It will be us.

The 90+2
01-03-2020, 05:41 PM
Easter Sunday. It will be us.

The bbc game is on the Saturday. That’s why I think we will be on the split game. Just have to wait and see. Easter Monday is a holiday anyway so it’s all good 😁

emerald green
01-03-2020, 05:44 PM
None I’d imagine, they’ll want to see their team try and beat us. They will sell out regardless I think. As will we.

The Yams have "previous" for not selling out for matches against Hibs when it's a match they just don't fancy, i.e. they think they are going to lose.

The Hearts end lol for the 6-2 match at ER was more than half empty as I recall.

green day
01-03-2020, 05:45 PM
The Yams have "previous" for not selling out for matches against Hibs when it's a match they just don't fancy, i.e. they think they are going to lose.

The Hearts end lol for the 6-2 match at ER was more than half empty as I recall.

So were the 3 home stands toward the end of the last 2 matches at Tynie............:greengrin

DavieRoy
01-03-2020, 05:45 PM
Premier Sports have both semi-finals, they will pick one to show exclusively.

The second one will also be shown on BBC.

People forget we had a Friday night Scottish Cup Semi-Final at Ibrox in 1995 and one at Hampden on a Sunday night at 6.05pm in 2000.

Brooster
01-03-2020, 05:46 PM

Let's just concentrate on ourselves.

DavieRoy
01-03-2020, 05:48 PM
Tv companies don’t care about travelling fans. That won’t even come into consideration.

The Scottish FA sell the rights, not the Tv companies fault for buying the rights. Both games are on TV meaning the Saturday game can’t be 3pm.

No matter when you have it, Aberdeen fans will have travel issues.

Is it just me or is it not a semi-final and it wouldn’t matter when it kicks off.

CloudSquall
01-03-2020, 05:50 PM
Anyone that thinks there is a chance of Hibs selling only a partial quantity of their allocation while Hearts sell out theirs with ease should have a ****ing word with themselves and grow a set before even thinking of going to Hampden.

Have you seen the state of Hearts' Hampden support when they are not dead sure of victory?

emerald green
01-03-2020, 05:51 PM
Let's just concentrate on ourselves.

I hope we will. Both on and off the pitch. It's never a given who is going to win, especially in a cup semi-final. Hibs are by far the better team, but that does not guarantee a win.

percy veer
01-03-2020, 05:54 PM
it will never be a sell out for both teams, I think the result on Tuesday could have an impact on ticket sales

mcohibs
01-03-2020, 05:57 PM
it will never be a sell out for both teams, I think the result on Tuesday could have an impact on ticket sales

As in you think one team will sell out and one won't? Or neither will sell out? I think both will sell out tbh

percy veer
01-03-2020, 06:00 PM
As in you think one team will sell out and one won't? Or neither will sell out? I think both will sell out tbh

if hibs win mre people will turn up for this and vice versa for hearts, just don,t think it will sell out.

hibbysam
01-03-2020, 06:00 PM
2 per season ticket, 6 per transaction. Sold out within a day.

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 06:06 PM
2 per season ticket, 6 per transaction. Sold out within a day.

What if (purely hypothetically) every season ticket holder takes two tickets?

22,000 tickets (our initial allocation) divided by two is 11,000 season ticket holders getting a ticket... and 2,000 missing out

So, just in case, we should get the full North Stand, the West Stand and half of the South. 26,000 tickets in all....

....sorted :greengrin

Since452
01-03-2020, 06:10 PM
Hibs will sell out no problem for this

eezyrider
01-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Have we ever sold out a semi final?

EZ

givescotlandfreedom
01-03-2020, 07:53 PM
The 2006 semi wasn't a sell out in their end it's a much repeated hearts lie.

Carheenlea
01-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Imagine the sale will be over two phases - ST holders first with one ticket per ST client ref and a maximum of 6 per transaction, then public sale in similar fashion.

JimBHibees
01-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Not sure it will sell out to be honest however we will have a substantial support. Very exciting and huge opportunity to get to another final. Puts an extra edge on Tuesdays game also.

hibbysam
01-03-2020, 08:00 PM
What if (purely hypothetically) every season ticket holder takes two tickets?

22,000 tickets (our initial allocation) divided by two is 11,000 season ticket holders getting a ticket... and 2,000 missing out

So, just in case, we should get the full North Stand, the West Stand and half of the South. 26,000 tickets in all....

....sorted :greengrin

Ends up just being a farce when we do it just 1 per season ticket holder. We still have 10k to shift after that but none of those can sit next to their ST pals. Not everyone will buy one, some STH’s will be the +1 of another STH, worst case I mean some season tickets could miss out this way, but that’s the same for any game through the season, your not guaranteed an away ticket, there’s probably a 1% chance of everyone buying their allocated tickets if it was 2 per season. To have the biggest effect I feel it has to be 2 per season.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2020, 08:07 PM

i'm not sure about that. If they are really in the doldrums, they'll engineer some hilarious bogus 'boycott'.

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Ends up just being a farce when we do it just 1 per season ticket holder. We still have 10k to shift after that but none of those can sit next to their ST pals. Not everyone will buy one, some STH’s will be the +1 of another STH, worst case I mean some season tickets could miss out this way, but that’s the same for any game through the season, your not guaranteed an away ticket, there’s probably a 1% chance of everyone buying their allocated tickets if it was 2 per season. To have the biggest effect I feel it has to be 2 per season.

I know, I gave the solution to that in my post.

hibee-boys
01-03-2020, 08:09 PM
Not sure how the club will approach this, 2 per season ticket would definately give us the chance sell more, i just can't see a sell out otherwise. Problematic though given we have 13k seasons and will have a circa 22k allocation. Can you imagine the uproar if a season ticket holder couldn't get a brief given that the first 11k have bought 2 each.....never going to happen so hope the club take that approach.

'IF' we get to the final it'll be 1 for existing and 1 for renewal I would expect.

offshorehibby
01-03-2020, 08:10 PM
Sadly here's one that wont be there, i'm also miss the final so we're a nap to win the cup. Get your money on now, you heard it here first. :greengrin

Carheenlea
01-03-2020, 08:11 PM
Not sure how the club will approach this, 2 per season ticket would definately give us the chance sell out more, i just can't see a sell out otherwise. Problematic tho given we have 13k seasons and will have a circa 22k allocation. Can you imagine the uproar if a season ticket holder couldn't get a brief given that the first 11k have bought 2 each.....never going to happen so hope the club take that approach.

'IF' we get to the final it'll be 1 for existing and 1 for renewal I would expect.

2 per ST can`t gaurantee every ST holder a ticket. The club can`t take that risk.

Frazerbob
01-03-2020, 08:11 PM
The 2006 semi wasn't a sell out in their end it's a much repeated hearts lie.

Exactly.....they did not sell out. Yes they had more than us but they were still a few thousand short of sold out.

Glory Lurker
01-03-2020, 08:13 PM
Has to be in two phases. Anything else does mean that ST holders could miss out, which is unacceptable.

Box 17
01-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Not sure how the club will approach this, 2 per season ticket would definately give us the chance sell more, i just can't see a sell out otherwise. Problematic though given we have 13k seasons and will have a circa 22k allocation. Can you imagine the uproar if a season ticket holder couldn't get a brief given that the first 11k have bought 2 each.....never going to happen so hope the club take that approach.

With it being Easter weekend and live on TV not all ST holders will buy tickets and of those that do not all will want 2. There will be plenty left after the ST sale even if it is two per ST.

Carheenlea
01-03-2020, 08:39 PM
With it being Easter weekend and live on TV not all ST holders will buy tickets and of those that do not all will want 2. There will be plenty left after the ST sale even if it is two per ST.

That probably would be the case, but the club still couldn't 100% guarantee every ST holder their seat so it won`t happen.

HibeeHibernian4
01-03-2020, 08:47 PM
That probably would be the case, but the club still couldn't 100% guarantee every ST holder their seat so it won`t happen.

It’s very very unlikely that it would happen, but you’re right that the club would be foolish to risk it on the tiny off chance that it did.

HFC93
01-03-2020, 08:48 PM
It will sell out but any Hibs fan who truly wants a ticket will get one.

NOLA
01-03-2020, 08:51 PM

Just end it now then you have nothing to worry bout

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
01-03-2020, 08:54 PM

We sold 4 per season ticket for the league cup semi final. Same risk, same likelihood we would sell out before everyone has the chance to buy (ie next to none).

theonlywayisup
01-03-2020, 08:55 PM
Two tickets per ST holder, get in early to guarantee your seats. General sale after one week.

Not every ST is going to take up the offer of the extra ticket.

Carheenlea
01-03-2020, 08:58 PM
We sold 4 per season ticket for the league cup semi final. Same risk, same likelihood we would sell out before everyone has the chance to buy (ie next to none).

Did we? Genuinely can`t remember what the arrangement was for that.

Scottish Cup and a tie v Hearts is a different proposition though and you would expect demand to be higher. I can`t recall less enthusiasm for a semi final than that game earlier in season, but we've made big strides forward since then.

Nakedmanoncrack
01-03-2020, 09:06 PM
I'd like to see it sold out - but doubt it will to be honest, once the ticket prices are announced, and if people can't sit with their mates due to the way they are put on sale, and a kickoff time that doesn't suit - then the usual moans & excuses will be rolled out.

hibbysam
01-03-2020, 09:09 PM
Did we? Genuinely can`t remember what the arrangement was for that.

Scottish Cup and a tie v Hearts is a different proposition though and you would expect demand to be higher. I can`t recall less enthusiasm for a semi final than that game earlier in season, but we've made big strides forward since then.

It was, and the club took that ‘risk’ then. This isn’t even a risk, everyone will have the opportunity to buy tickets, if they choose not to early on and they sell out, that’s there problem and we will have done our bit to sell out. Sell one per season and your still left with minimum10k to shift, while not being able to sit next to your pal who is a season ticket holder.

California-Hibs
01-03-2020, 09:12 PM
They'll draw comparisons to 2006 and completely ignore the team they had that day vs the team they have now, which is absolutely night and day! :agree:

Hibs to win.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2020, 09:19 PM
North and South stands will sell out but the "family" section behind the goals will be empty, bit like at ER. :greengrin:stirrer:

The Harp
01-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Two tickets per ST holder, get in early to guarantee your seats. General sale after one week.

Not every ST is going to take up the offer of the extra ticket.

Can't recall our selling arrangements in 2006 but it wasn't a success. Hope we've learned something after that one.
Would like to think season ticket holders would be able to acquire 2 tickets. Got to remember there will be quite a few who will take just the one. Also, we have a considerable number of older season holders who might find travelling to Hampden difficult, and settle for watching it on TV.
The club must get it right this time.

Since452
01-03-2020, 09:37 PM
Can't recall our selling arrangements in 2006 but it wasn't a success. Hope we've learned something after that one.
Would like to think season ticket holders would be able to acquire 2 tickets. Got to remember there will be quite a few who will take just the one. Also, we have a considerable number of older season holders who might find travelling to Hampden difficult, and settle for watching it on TV.

Sure we have. It was a long time ago

Iggy Pope
01-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Something along the lines of a regular away Hertz frenzy but times 10 should suffice. Stick a 12 noon ticker on it and we should have three sides of the place by 1pm if we throw in half an hour at The Roseburn.

davhibby
01-03-2020, 10:00 PM

Why would they have travel issues? The Sunday allows their game to kick off at 2 or 3 which is miles better than 12:15 on Saturday for travel from Aberdeen. Premier will almost certainly pick the Celtic game as their exclusive so that means we’d be the Saturday at 12:15 as thats been the time for the BBC game for years now

TimeForHeroes16
01-03-2020, 10:02 PM
This will 100% sell out no matter the result on Tuesday

Hibby70
01-03-2020, 10:06 PM
North and South stands will sell out but the "family" section behind the goals will be empty, bit like at ER. :greengrin:stirrer:

You don't need to add the stirrer emoji. Your username already indicates that 😁

Hermit Crab
01-03-2020, 10:18 PM
You don't need to add the stirrer emoji. Your username already indicates that 😁

I do for the benefit of this who want me banned.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2020, 10:18 PM
Why would they have travel issues? The Sunday allows their game to kick off at 2 or 3 which is miles better than 12:15 on Saturday for travel from Aberdeen. Premier will almost certainly pick the Celtic game as their exclusive so that means we’d be the Saturday at 12:15 as thats been the time for the BBC game for years now

Which the police will not allow.

davhibby
01-03-2020, 11:40 PM
Which the police will not allow.

Yes they will? It’s Aberdeen v Celtic, not an old firm

Edit: This exact fixture was played at 2 on the Sunday last season at this stage

Calvin
02-03-2020, 12:09 AM
I happen to be back in Scotland that weekend for work on the Saturday... so I’m praying with all my heart it is indeed the Sunday game. What amazing timing that would be.

HibeeHibernian4
02-03-2020, 12:32 AM
If Rangers did make the quarter finals (no laughing at the back there) of the Europa League then they might schedule their remaining and currently unscheduled home fixture against St Johnstone for that Sunday 12th April. In which case there would be no chance of Celtic playing that day.

Whether the SFA think of this or not is a completely different question.

Hermit Crab
02-03-2020, 01:15 AM
If Rangers did make the quarter finals (no laughing at the back there) of the Europa League then they might schedule their remaining and currently unscheduled home fixture against St Johnstone for that Sunday 12th April. In which case there would be no chance of Celtic playing that day.

Whether the SFA think of this or not is a completely different question.

Thats a good point actually. :agree:

Since452
02-03-2020, 05:48 AM
I anything it'll be Hearts that don't sell out this time. Completely different situation to 14 years ago. Hibs are the club in the ascendancy on and off the park with the larger, more vocal fanbase.

Remember Hearts didn't sell out last season's final

hibbyfraelibby
02-03-2020, 06:06 AM
Away season ticket holders to get 10 tickets each...the rest can go raffle😉

Bukta#8
02-03-2020, 06:13 AM
Think the Club should maximise the semi ticket scramble and offer any new season ticket holder a guaranteed semi ticket
when do we normally announce our early bird prices?

calumhibee1
02-03-2020, 07:02 AM
How many did we take to the semi in 2006? I’ve already saw Hearts fans suggesting we 15,000 unsold tickets that day - so that would mean we took about 7000? No chance.

Jones28
02-03-2020, 07:06 AM
How many did we take to the semi in 2006? I’ve already saw Hearts fans suggesting we 15,000 unsold tickets that day - so that would mean we took about 7000? No chance.

That’s ****ing fantasy land 😂

Our end was about 70% full.

Since452
02-03-2020, 07:10 AM

Hearts fans living in the past. That's half their problem. Rattling on about a semi final 14 years ago when Romanov was throwing other people's money at them. Weirdos. Another bit of Karma is coming home to roost.

Hibby Bairn
02-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Attendance will be 40k at most. Probably a little below.

Robbo6-2
02-03-2020, 07:14 AM
The last semi was 43,150

lyonhibs
02-03-2020, 07:18 AM
Sadly here's one that wont be there, i'm also miss the final so we're a nap to win the cup. Get your money on now, you heard it here first. :greengrin

Me too. Again :boo hoo:

calumhibee1
02-03-2020, 07:21 AM
The last semi was 43,150

So less than 9k not sold with segregation included in that. :aok:

Pretty Boy
02-03-2020, 07:35 AM
When is the date expected to be confirmed?

DH1875
02-03-2020, 08:08 AM
Think the Club should maximise the semi ticket scramble and offer any new season ticket holder a guaranteed semi ticket
when do we normally announce our early bird prices?

Their won't be a scramble. Anyone who wants a ticket will get one. Maybe for the final though.

Keith_M
02-03-2020, 08:23 AM

You're a very bad man!

Hibby Bairn
02-03-2020, 08:32 AM

Maybe put the “singing section” in there?

Topographic Hibby
02-03-2020, 08:39 AM
So less than 9k not sold with segregation included in that. :aok:Me and my mate were at that SF, right up against the barrier that splits the North stand at half way point. Wasn't many seats left vacant for segregation, TBH. We left 5 mins before the end and my pal started talking to one of his bowling buddies in the Hearts section across the barrier about a bowling tie. Cops & stewards were very perplexed - they never have that when the OF are at Hampden.

BFG
02-03-2020, 08:40 AM

Simple way to sell them would be to guarantee adult season ticket holders 2 tickets and a child season ticket 1, there must be a fair few child tickets sold, that would ensure that everyone should get the tickets they want

Carheenlea
02-03-2020, 08:44 AM
Simple way to sell them would be to guarantee adult season ticket holders 2 tickets and a child season ticket 1, there must be a fair few child tickets sold, that would ensure that everyone should get the tickets they want

That’s a very good shout.

RoxburghHibs
02-03-2020, 09:00 AM

From memory we had about 18000 or thereabouts.

Every club outside the OF has good and bad days in regards to attendances. Just look at hearts v Rangers at the weekend - 11000 odd at the game in total. Hopefully it will be a sellout and more importantly a Hibees victory :flag:

Ardenttwo
02-03-2020, 09:47 AM

Speak for yourself mate. What about all us Hibbees up here in the NE Every HIbs fan is not from Edinburgh

JeMeSouviens
02-03-2020, 09:51 AM
Tomorrow night could be a big factor. A spawny win for them will put off the scarred among our support. A humping by us will put off some of them.

linlithgowhibbie
02-03-2020, 10:18 AM
Tomorrow night could be a big factor. A spawny win for them will put off the scarred among our support. A humping by us will put off some of them.

Have we got many "Scarred" fans?:thumbsup::wink:

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2020, 10:20 AM

Ha ha .... There isn't a club anywhere in Europe whose fans are as good at rewriting history as the Jambos. You could make a fairly decent list of the stuff they twist and misrepresent to make themselves look good and more pertinently us look bad. My personal favourite .... Wallace Mercer saved Hibs :faf:

Most clubs fans would still be trying to get over the shame of their club trying to destroy their rivals off the park and do their best never to mention it .. not them though.

JeMeSouviens
02-03-2020, 10:25 AM
Have we got many "Scarred" fans?:thumbsup::wink:

Well if you're my age you were too young for 0-7, didn't see many derbies in your formative years because they hid in the first division for ages then had to live through a decade where we hardly ever beat them and they routinely kicked **** out of anything in green, got away with it and then spawned a win or draw. Then, just when you were getting over that, Vlad arrived and put them on steroids.

So yes, scarred. :rolleyes:

Diclonius
02-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Well if you're my age you were too young for 0-7, didn't see many derbies in your formative years because they hid in the first division for ages then had to live through a decade where we hardly ever beat them and they routinely kicked **** out of anything in green, got away with it and then spawned a win or draw. Then, just when you were getting over that, Vlad arrived and put them on steroids.

So yes, scarred. :rolleyes:

And there you have when I started going regularly.

I don't think I've ever been at a derby where I've felt comfortable, that we were definitely going to win. Maybe the few minutes in the 2017 replay when we were 3-0 up.

I'll still be there though.

Since452
02-03-2020, 10:36 AM
If this game was prior to 2016 I'd have been bricking it. Not this time. No monkey on our backs, no fear they will prolong our hoodoo. We are going to Hampden to play them as the far better team and the club going from strength to strength. Bring it.

St Pauli Hibee
02-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Are tickets for these games generally 1 per client reference ?? I have a couple of friends from Germany wanting to attend & would be knackered if this was the case

jgl07
02-03-2020, 11:08 AM
If they restrict it to one ticket per season card, that will guarantee a lot of unsold tickets. I intend to go with a non-season ticket holder and want the South Stand. If I have to wait until public sale and only crap seats are available, I may decide not to bother and watch on TV.

Hampden has far too many bad seats for my liking. Then they tend to keep back the South Upper seats which are the best in the house for me. The North Stand is no use because I don’t want to stand throughout and the East/West Stands are too far from the action with insufficient rake.

Transport will be a nightmare.

Hibs really need to get it right with ticket allocation.

Steven79
02-03-2020, 11:10 AM
If they restrict it to one ticket per season card, that will guarantee a lot of unsold tickets. I intend to go with a non-season ticket holder and want the South Stand. If I have to wait until public sale and only crap seats are available, I may decide not to bother and watch on TV.

Hampden has far too many bad seats for my liking. Then they tend to keep back the South Upper seats which are the best in the house for me. The North Stand is no use because I don’t want to stand throughout and the East/West Stands are too far from the action with insufficient rake.

I'm going to wait till the South Upper go on sale as I've never sat in them and figure this is as good as any game to experience them.

DH1875
02-03-2020, 12:02 PM

That's all fare and well but why does your non season ticket holder mate deserve a ticket in the south stand ahead of the rest of us.

HibeeHibernian4
02-03-2020, 12:03 PM
That's all fare and well but why does your non season ticket holder mate deserve a ticket in the south stand ahead of the rest of us.

Here we go. :greengrin

DH1875
02-03-2020, 12:04 PM
I'm going to wait till the South Upper go on sale as I've never sat in them and figure this is as good as any game to experience them.

Was there for the cup final. Couldn't get on the pitch 😡

Antifa Hibs
02-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Hibs are normally pretty good with this stuff. Could be 1 per season ticket holder for this season, 1 per season ticket for renewals next season (cap it to the first 6000) would be a maximum 19k sold. Still leaves some for general sale and and helps season ticket holders out to take a pal or family member.

linlithgowhibbie
02-03-2020, 02:48 PM
Hibs are normally pretty good with this stuff. Could be 1 per season ticket holder for this season, 1 per season ticket for renewals next season (cap it to the first 6000) would be a maximum 19k sold. Still leaves some for general sale and and helps season ticket holders out to take a pal or family member.

Good idea:thumbsup:

Ozyhibby
02-03-2020, 02:54 PM
Imagine the sale will be over two phases - ST holders first with one ticket per ST client ref and a maximum of 6 per transaction, then public sale in similar fashion.

That’s the reason we didn’t sell out in 2006. Needs to be two per season ticket. Not everyone will take two so nobody will miss out. I have two season tickets and will only be taking two semi tickets as well.

Helensburghhibs
02-03-2020, 03:11 PM
1 per season then general sale, just like every other game

Ozyhibby
02-03-2020, 03:12 PM
1 per season then general sale, just like every other game

That’s not like every other game though, is it? If we do that then we don’t sell out.

Helensburghhibs
02-03-2020, 03:15 PM
That’s not like every other game though, is it? If we do that then we don’t sell out.

Is it not? Sorry then, other cat a games with limited availability. 1 season should guarantee 1 ticket. If you want to guarantee a ticket then buy a season book,

HibeeHibernian4
02-03-2020, 03:19 PM
Is all this not a case for unallocated seating (i.e. you’re confined to a particular stand but you can then pick where to stand with your mates). That seems to be the problem most people are having here no?

Helensburghhibs
02-03-2020, 03:21 PM
If people are so adamant it won't sell out if restricted to 1 per season ticket what's the issue? Lots of time for them to hold of and get seats together in the general sale

DH1875
02-03-2020, 04:05 PM
I take it that if we get to the final those moaning about not being able to sit next to there mate at the semi won't be going then.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2020, 04:38 PM
I’m presuming as it’s an away game, away season ticket holders will get 1st dubs, as they have to buy whether they go or not😜

DH1875
02-03-2020, 04:46 PM
I’m presuming as it’s an away game, away season ticket holders will get 1st dubs, as they have to buy whether they go or not😜

That's no fare. What about their wee mate who's no got a season ticket and no been to a game since the cup final. Surely he gets a ticket too, no?

Keith_M
02-03-2020, 05:18 PM
I take it the Singing Section will be locating themselves behind the goals for this one?

Or will they start off in the North Stand and sneak in to the East at half-time?

Helensburghhibs
02-03-2020, 05:33 PM
It will sell out no problem. If anyone thinks the issue last time was due to anything other than the fact we expected to get beat is kidding themselves

02-03-2020, 05:38 PM
Give 100 to every away season ticket holder

Bishop Hibee
02-03-2020, 05:46 PM
That’s the reason we didn’t sell out in 2006. Needs to be two per season ticket. Not everyone will take two so nobody will miss out. I have two season tickets and will only be taking two semi tickets as well.

Agree.

CapitalGreen
02-03-2020, 05:48 PM
I take it the Singing Section will be locating themselves behind the goals for this one?

Or will they start off in the North Stand and sneak in to the East at half-time?

take a day off mate

CloudSquall
02-03-2020, 05:50 PM
2 per season ticket holder bar the weekly non attenders in the FF Lower.

my left peg
02-03-2020, 05:55 PM

Or will they start off in the North Stand and sneak in to the East at half-time?Pointless

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
02-03-2020, 06:02 PM
take a day off mate

Your problem is you're too serious.

You need to lighten up a bit.

B.H.F.C
02-03-2020, 06:43 PM
There is no way they will make it more than one per season ticket holder. Not a chance.

And it shouldn’t stop us selling out this time either.

Got to assume the vast majority of our 13k season ticket holders will take up their option of a ticket. Allow for maybe 10% not wanting one and that leaves 8-9k tickets available. I think we will have that many non season ticket holders wanting a ticket for this one, because we’ll fancy our chances.

Billy Whizz
02-03-2020, 06:52 PM
There is no way they will make it more than one per season ticket holder. Not a chance.

Got to assume the vast majority of our 13k season ticket holders will take up their option of a ticket. Allow for maybe 10% not wanting one and that leaves 8-9k tickets available. I think we will have that many non season ticket holders wanting a ticket for this one, because we’ll fancy our chances.
Will be around this
1st option - season ticket holders only can buy 1 each
2nd option Season ticket holders who haven’t bought can buy 2
3rd option - General sale to fans on the Hibs database

hibbysam
02-03-2020, 07:17 PM

We shall see. I think it’s almost guaranteed we’ll give 2 per season ticket which is exactly how it should be and the best way to guarantee it selling out and giving everyone the opportunity to go.

Ozyhibby
02-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Will be around this

Sounds a sensible compromise.

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2020, 07:21 PM
Most ST holders go to games with folk who are also ST holders, why do they need to give us two tickets each?

EH54
02-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Hibs won't give two per ST from start they might make another another available at a later stage but regardless of not everyone will take them or not Hibs I don't imagine would put themselves in a position where a ST holder isn't mathematically 100% certain of a Semi final ticket we will get 22.5k tickets with 13k season ticket holders I can't see Hibs doing that from the start of sales anyway

EH54
02-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Will be around this

It doesn't bother me either way but I would imagine this will be close to what Hibs announce

Montford
02-03-2020, 09:35 PM
Should just make it a public sale.
Everyone will get one and get to sit in groups of their choosing.
Will make for a better atmosphere
Putting restrictions on ticket sales is just madness
Why would you buy one ticket if you’re not guaranteed to be with your mates..

Sammy7nil
02-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Will be around this

So if you buy early you get back me buy later you get two weeks mad surely it should be the other way round.

Most sensible approach with a cap of four to six tickets per person.

jgl07
02-03-2020, 10:04 PM
Hibs won't give two per ST from start they might make another another available at a later stage but regardless of not everyone will take them or not Hibs I don't imagine would put themselves in a position where a ST holder isn't mathematically 100% certain of a Semi final ticket we will get 22.5k tickets with 13k season ticket holders I can't see Hibs doing that from the start of sales anyway
Well how come there were two tickets per season card for the final in 2016?

That one sold out. The semi-final against Hearts had swathes of empty seats on both ends. There isn’t a hope in hell of every season ticket holder taking up two seats. There are loads of season ticket holders who never go to any match away from Easter Road including Hampden. The problem will
be maximising sales and not ensuring that everyone gets a ticket.

Have Hibs ever sold out a full allocation for a SFA Cup semi-final?

Brightside
02-03-2020, 10:08 PM
I expect 2 per ST. Nothing wrong with that. When they are gone they are gone. Friends of STs will get spares or public sale if not sold out.

B.H.F.C
02-03-2020, 10:10 PM

Probably because we only had about 8k season ticket holders back then. Giving them two each totalled less than our allocation.

Brightside
02-03-2020, 10:10 PM

It’s a reason why people buy STs. They get first dibs.

Glory Lurker
02-03-2020, 10:15 PM

That one sold out. The semi-final against Hearts had swathes of empty seats on both ends. There isn’t a hope in hell of every season ticket holder taking up two seats. There are loads of season ticket holders who never go to any match away from Easter Road including Hampden. The problem will
be maximising sales and not ensuring that everyone gets a ticket.

Have Hibs ever sold out a full allocation for a SFA Cup semi-final?

I'm not sure it was 2 per ST. My recollection is it was 1 per ST, 1 renewal.

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 06:08 AM
It would make no sense at all for Hibs not to link an extra ticket to season ticket holders to a renewal for next Season imo.

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2020, 06:21 AM
Once again we see ST holders bleating piteously and pleading for preferential treatment.

I've yet to see anybody sticking up for the occasional job supporter who only wants to attend the glamour games in order to get totally wrecked and indulge in violence and other forms of abuse.

I'm proposing that anyone who has caused trouble at the football in the last five years should simply bring along their charge sheet and be entitled to half-a-dozen tickets each, so that they can bring their chums along to help generate an 'atmosphere'.

C'mon Hibs, listen to this neglected element of the fanbase!

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 06:40 AM
Once again we see ST holders bleating piteously and pleading for preferential treatment.

I've yet to see anybody sticking up for the occasional job supporter who only wants to attend the glamour games in order to get totally wrecked and indulge in violence and other forms of abuse.

I'm proposing that anyone who has caused trouble at the football in the last five years should simply bring along their charge sheet and be entitled to half-a-dozen tickets each, so that they can bring their chums along to help generate an 'atmosphere'.

:not worth :faf:

JeMeSouviens
03-03-2020, 06:58 AM
It would make no sense at all for Hibs not to link an extra ticket to season ticket holders to a renewal for next Season imo.

Depends whether you want to maximise STs or sell out Hampden.

The fairweather daytrippers are more likely to turn up if committed ST pals are organising the day for them. Sad but true. If we want to sell out then by all means give STs a priority 1 per ST window for a day or 2 but then let them buy as many as they want and then a general sale.

Even after that I doubt it will sell out unless we royally hump them tonight. Unlikely.

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Depends whether you want to maximise STs or sell out Hampden.

The fairweather daytrippers are more likely to turn up if committed ST pals are organising the day for them. Sad but true. If we want to sell out then by all means give STs a priority 1 per ST window for a day or 2 but then let them buy as many as they want and then a general sale.

Even after that I doubt it will sell out unless we royally hump them tonight. Unlikely.

Agree can't see it selling out either but you never know.

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-03-2020, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure it was 2 per ST. My recollection is it was 1 per ST, 1 renewal.

That's exactly what it was was the 2016 Final. One if you had a season ticket for 15/16 and another if you renewed for 16/17.

ben johnson
03-03-2020, 11:55 AM

If they could also appear in the toilet at half time shouting at people to sing more and if the new Uber fans could also light up a fag whilst waiting his turn to cram into the cubicle with 2 of his mates we will all be able to identify them and look at them in awe

HibeeHibernian4
03-03-2020, 12:20 PM

Because it’s a game of football?...

I'm Spartacus
03-03-2020, 12:34 PM
The only thing stopping this game being a sell out is the CoronaV. Either club fail to sell out then they deserve the humping they will receive.

jgl07
03-03-2020, 12:53 PM
No one has answered the question I posed a while back. Have Hobs ever sold out a Hampden Park semi-final?

I am not aware of it ever happening.

We had all this rubbish before the Hearts semi-final and it was no-where near sold out.

Why the panic and restriction on ticket sales?

JimBHibees
03-03-2020, 12:57 PM
No one has answered the question I posed a while back. Have Hobs ever sold out a Hampden Park semi-final?

We had all this rubbish before the Hearts semi-final and it was no-where near sold out.

Think we have had big supports in semis before (Livingston, Aberdeen and united when we lost spring to mind) which all would have been more than 20k but no don't think we have sold out in a game the other team had an equal share of the stadium.

JeMeSouviens
03-03-2020, 12:59 PM

If we are Hobs then this could be the Hobs-Nobs semi. :greengrin

In answer to the question though, I don't think so. I think the biggest crowd would I think have been v Livi in 2001 when attendance gave priority for the final. The crowd was 24568 and I doubt Livi had more than a couple of thousand?

Dolce7
03-03-2020, 01:06 PM
We should get more than half the stadium going by having three thousand more
season tickets than them

Keith_M
03-03-2020, 01:10 PM
No one has answered the question I posed a while back. Have Hibs ever sold out a Hampden Park semi-final?

No.

Very few teams ever have.

Probably only two.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 01:11 PM
No.

Very few teams ever have.

Probably only two.

Possibly the 3-0 semi final v Livingston back in 2001?

Keith_M
03-03-2020, 01:16 PM

We did sell a lot but it wasn't quite a complete sell-out. I think somebody already quoted this but, the official attendance was 24,658.

I think Livi had about 2-3,000 (for some reason all in the North Stand)

Jones28
03-03-2020, 01:16 PM

Aberdeen 2017 was close too.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2020, 09:16 PM
Wouldn't imagine tonight's debacle will tempt anyone into purchasing a brief, another poor turnout inevitable sadly.

DH1875
03-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Wouldn't imagine tonight's debacle will tempt anyone into purchasing a brief, another poor turnout inevitable sadly.

When ST holders get their 2 tickets each they'll take their, grans, mums, sisters and aunties. Let's forget the non ST holders who buy tickets like tonight.

emerald green
03-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Tonight's performance and damaging result will inevitably have a hugely negative affect on sales of semi-final tickets. That's according to several Hibs supporters who have already told me they wont be going.

It's a huge boost to Hearts.

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 09:27 PM
Not a chance we will sell out after that, even more so we are likely to be the Saturday 12:15 kick off on the BBC

Sammy7nil
03-03-2020, 10:17 PM

Tonight's performance and damaging result will inevitably have a hugely negative affect on sales of semi-final tickets. That's according to several Hibs supporters who have already told me they wont be going.

It's a huge boost to Hearts.

Not a chance we will sell out after that, even more so we are likely to be the Saturday 12:15 kick off on the BBC

Correct you could offer ST holders ten tickets each before a public sale we still won't sell out. Stick to one of two tickets and we will he lucky to have 15,000

B.H.F.C
03-03-2020, 10:19 PM
There won’t be any ticket scramble for this after tonight, that’s for certain.

emerald green
03-03-2020, 10:23 PM
Correct you could offer ST holders ten tickets each before a public sale we still won't sell out. Stick to one of two tickets and we will he lucky to have 15,000

Yep, stand bye for the "dressed as empty seats" jibes from the Yams. So sick of results like tonight, especially at ER.

Hillsidehibby
03-03-2020, 10:29 PM
Anyone out there who's girlfriend who is not really into football but fancies a day out and wants to go give me a PM and you can have my season ticket number.

Actually you can have my ****ing season ticket if you want.

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:32 PM
The hardcore that go to most home games will be there, (minus any that are on holiday) but that result tonight will do little to persuade the rest. No danger we'll sell 20k.

Allez Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:33 PM
No chance the semi sells out now.

Sammy7nil
03-03-2020, 10:38 PM
The only thing stopping this game being a sell out is the CoronaV. Either club fail to sell out then they deserve the humping they will receive.

Then Hibs will get the humping Hearts will easily sell 20,000 + we won't. Lots of fans were looking for a reason not to go Hibs have provided that reason.

Sir David Gray
03-03-2020, 10:43 PM
I take back what I said the other day.

I'd say tonight's result will seriously harm our chances of selling our allocation.

The hardcore support will still be there but those who pick and choose their games won't be.

Nicho87
03-03-2020, 10:45 PM
Can’t blame the non season ticket holders that wouldn’t want to part with their cash for a day in Glasgow watching that drivel. Dempster and Gordon make no mistake will be furious that performance was delivered before the imminent drop of season ticket packs

percy veer
03-03-2020, 10:45 PM

So it's no Sunday 12:30, that you were sure about?

Hermit Crab
03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
So it's no Sunday 12:30, that you were sure about?

No what I heard tonight.

Hiber-nation
03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
I take back what I said the other day.

I'd say tonight's result will seriously harm our chances of selling our allocation.

The hardcore support will still be there but those who pick and choose their games won't be.

I'm not hardcore but I usually only miss about 4-5 games a season and I'm not going. Couldn't stomach that again and I didn't think I'd ever say that.

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Can’t blame the non season ticket holders that wouldn’t want to part with their cash for a day in Glasgow watching that drivel. Dempster and Gordon make no mistake will be furious that performance was delivered before the imminent drop of season ticket packs

What about season ticket holders? Cause I’m seriously debating what would end up costing over £100.

To have to walk out of hampden and look at their end in sheer pandemonium doesn’t bare thinking about

GreenCastle
03-03-2020, 10:50 PM

Yup.

Bad timing.

I would make it as easy as possible to get tickets for semi.

ST holders x2 each.

1st come 1st served. Get close to using them all great - if we don’t then general sale.

Don’t make it hard Hibs - going to be a tough sell as it is.

Nicho87
03-03-2020, 10:53 PM

I'm Spartacus
03-03-2020, 11:11 PM
On tonights performance we wouldn't sell out the Hibs Club. Shambles. We should have sold it out and had a huge increase in season ticket sales but this will burst that idea.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2020, 11:54 PM
It has to be 2 per season ticket in the initial sale now, at least that gives us a chance of reaching a sell out. After that shambles tonight I can't see all of our 13,000 ST holders wanting a potential repeat dose at Hampden.

If we can shift 16,000 in the initial sale ... 9,000 ST holders 7,000 of whom pick up an extra brief ... that would leave 7,000 to shift in a general sale, which is doable provided we push them hard enough and at least try to pick up some decent results in the next few weeks.

Whatever the case, in a single stroke we have severely dented our potential support for Hampden, not to mention the chance of getting a semi final ticket being any sort of an incentive for buying a 20/21 ST.

Only Hibs ... sigh !!!

DH1875
03-03-2020, 11:57 PM
It has to be 2 per season ticket in the initial sale now, at least that gives us a chance of reaching a sell out. After that shambles tonight I can't see all of our 13,000 ST holders wanting a potential repeat dose at Hampden.

If we can shift 16,000 in the initial sale ... 9,000 ST holders 7,000 of whom pick up an extra brief ... that would leave 7,000 to shift in a general sale, which is doable provided we push them hard enough and at least try to pick up some decent results in the next few weeks.

Whatever the case, in a single stroke we have severely dented our potential support for Hampden, not to mention the chance of getting a semi final ticket being any sort of an incentive for buying a 20/21 ST.

Only Hibs ... sigh !!!

Buying a ST has never been an incentive for a semi final. A final maybe, but never a semi.

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2020, 12:03 AM
Buying a ST has never been an incentive for a semi final. A final maybe, but never a semi.

I know, but if that result had been reversed tonight Hibs would surely have been thinking of it because demand would have ramped up, making having a 20/21 ST possibly a factor in a few folks minds. Anyway ... its all moot now.

hibbysam
04-03-2020, 06:02 AM
Folk moan about a team full of *****bags, this thread and social media show the fans are just as big *****bags. Not going to a semi final against hearts because we put in a ***** performance last night and might lose 😂 would be embarrassing as **** if we didn’t sell this out, can laugh at ‘tinpot’ supports like Hamilton all we want, but that would be ultimate tinpot for a club of our size.

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2020, 06:49 AM
Folk moan about a team full of *****bags, this thread and social media show the fans are just as big *****bags. Not going to a semi final against hearts because we put in a ***** performance last night and might lose 😂 would be embarrassing as **** if we didn’t sell this out, can laugh at ‘tinpot’ supports like Hamilton all we want, but that would be ultimate tinpot for a club of our size.

Correct.

G B Young
04-03-2020, 06:59 AM
We should consider asking for a smaller allocation that we can sell out. Big gaps visible among the Hibs support will be like being a man down.

Nicho87
04-03-2020, 07:12 AM
I’ve made my decision after last night

Steve-O
04-03-2020, 07:20 AM
We didn’t sell out in 2006 and we won’t this time either..

.Sean.
04-03-2020, 07:24 AM
10/10

Anyone now saying they’re no going cause they’re scared we might get beat is a total *****bag and not a proper Hibs supporter. You support your team through the good and the bad regardless. It a semi final ffs

GreenCastle
04-03-2020, 07:29 AM
We should consider asking for a smaller allocation that we can sell out. Big gaps visible among the Hibs support will be like being a man down.

We should at least sell tickets so the support is connected and not leave big gaps - maybe front few rows leave empty / sell last.

DH1875
04-03-2020, 07:58 AM
We should at least sell tickets so the support is connected and not leave big gaps - maybe front few rows leave empty / sell last.

They'll do that anyway. Start selling the north and section f behind the goals (well it's the first section next to north so technically not behind the goals).

WHAM
04-03-2020, 08:09 AM
10/10

Anyone now saying they’re no going cause they’re scared we might get beat is a total *****bag and not a proper Hibs supporter. You support your team through the good and the bad regardless. It a semi final ffs

100%

“I’m no going because we might get beat by the big bad Jambos...” FFS

Get over it. ***** performance last night but we have been here before. We regroup and go again. In a way it’s maybe better we got the bad performance out the way and aren’t going into the semi final as favourites against them. There is no room for complacency against them ever and last night is a sore reminder.

Every Hibs fan who is able should be going to the semi-final and should be telling others the same.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 08:37 AM
If you are not willing to fork out £35 to watch your team play their rivals at Hampden then you can GTF as far as I'm concerned. Win, lose or draw this is what supporting YOUR football team is all about.

Stuart93
04-03-2020, 08:41 AM
If you are not willing to fork out £35 to watch your team play their rivals at Hampden then you can GTF as far as I'm concerned. Win, lose or draw this is what supporting YOUR football team is all about.

So if people can’t afford to fork out £35 they can GTF?

£35 and ticket pricing in general is OTT in the grand scheme of things for a ticket for any scottish football match.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2020, 08:43 AM

Happy to GTF. Been through this all before and I'm getting too old for it. Will go to the final if we get there.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 08:51 AM
So if people can’t afford to fork out £35 they can GTF?

£35 and ticket pricing in general is OTT in the grand scheme of things for a ticket for any scottish football match.

The great overpriced ticket debate, stock excuse when people cannot be ******ed. If you can't save £35 to see Hibs on the biggest stage then aye - GTF.

Hermit Crab
04-03-2020, 08:52 AM

Lol, I assume by that comment you have a home and an away ST and have attended every game this season?

HibeeHibernian4
04-03-2020, 08:52 AM
Happy to GTF. Been through this all before and I'm getting too old for it. Will go to the final if we get there.

And if the weather is fair.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 08:54 AM

Can't be arsed going to the semi (which is more important IMO given the opposition), but will be there in May with all the kids and family, photos taken claiming to be a great Hibs fans, but will sit and scream at the TV in April calling us everything under the sun if the worst happens.

There's a total apathy around our club and the above sums it all up "F going to the semi but i'll go to the final", support the club through thick and thin, through sickness and health.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 08:58 AM
Lol, I assume by that comment you have a home and an away ST and have attended every game this season?

I've not attended every game, yes I have a season ticket, trotting out the "I'm not going to the semi because they might beat us" pile of ****** is pathetic, the defeatest attitude runs deep within our club, blame LD and rip RP over the years but read some of the pathetic fearful ***** coming from our own fans.

"GET TO HAMPDEN - YOUR CLUB NEEDS YOU"

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2020, 09:17 AM
The great overpriced ticket debate, stock excuse when people cannot be ******ed. If you can't save £35 to see Hibs on the biggest stage then aye - GTF.

£35 a ticket, cost of getting to and from hampden, scran, pints. You're looking at a grand total of over £100. It's a lot of money to watch 11 s****bags bottle it and make us look like c**** yet again.

If people are thinking of not going you certainly can't blame them. If the players can't get up for that game last night what makes you think they'll be any different at hampden when there's even more pressure on them

tonyrougier123
04-03-2020, 09:22 AM
The support will sell out for a derby semi easily!
Can't believe there's folk thinking it won't.our most important game of the season?😕

emerald green
04-03-2020, 09:29 AM

Give the trolling a rest.

HibeeHibernian4
04-03-2020, 09:30 AM
£35 a ticket, cost of getting to and from hampden, scran, pints. You're looking at a grand total of over £100. It's a lot of money to watch 11 s****bags bottle it and make us look like c**** yet again.

If people are thinking of not going you certainly can't blame them. If the players can't get up for that game last night what makes you think they'll be any different at hampden when there's even more pressure on them

“‘Make us look like ****s”? You support Hibs because you support Hibs, I don’t care what they do they’ll never make me feel ashamed of following them.

Johnny Clash
04-03-2020, 09:32 AM
Shocking performance last night after a great display against Inverness Caley and signs that we are building a decent team with some good prospects.. hate to admit it but Hearts were up for it as were their fans who were building an atmosphere 20 mins before kick off. Beating Sevco gave them a boost too.

I’m now on train back to London feeling a bit bruised but that’s fitbaw for you! There’s no way I’ll miss the semi final. Fair enough if folk can’t afford to go but I’m hoping us hibees will dust ourselves off and turn out. Through thick and thin - Time for Heroes was not just about one day!

Jones28
04-03-2020, 09:37 AM

Cheerio then, I’m not going to watch Hearts fans celebrate again. £35 as well, a likely 12:15/30 kick off live on tv, Hibs fans getting over excited on fizzy pop? No thanks.

RossScott1991
04-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Anyone who is using last night now as excuse not to go genuinely surprise me. Realise this is Hibs you support?

I think anyone who supports Hibs knows what comes with that. They let you down more often than not. It Probaly will always be that way. If you can’t make it for genuine reasons, family, money etc that is totally fine. But if you use the excuse of you can’t stomach thought of another hampden defeat to Hearts as your reason for not going then you’re even a bigger *****bag than the players were last night, and you have no right to voice your anger at them for the same thing.

They are going to be right up for this, they will sell out. They will already be sensing fear and panic amongst our fan base. get to hampden and support your team if you can

HH81
04-03-2020, 10:12 AM
When are tickets going on sale?

Hiber-nation
04-03-2020, 10:28 AM
And if the weather is fair.

You can do one as well. Haven't missed a semi or final since 1979 and I don't need to justify my reasons to the likes of you anyway.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Can't be arsed going to the semi (which is more important IMO given the opposition), but will be there in May with all the kids and family, photos taken claiming to be a great Hibs fans, but will sit and scream at the TV in April calling us everything under the sun if the worst happens.

There's a total apathy around our club and the above sums it all up "F going to the semi but i'll go to the final", support the club through thick and thin, through sickness and health.

You know me then do you? Weird comments to make.

Diclonius
04-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Great, we're beaten before a ball is even kicked. Can't wait to see all those photos of the gaps in our end being plastered all over social media.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Up until 7:45 last night we were 100% selling out our allocation, on a high for Hampden, now 90 minutes later the fair-weather fans have downed tools.

Supporting Hibs is a way of life, it's a lifetime commitment, we've been though worse than last nights game.

Yorkshire HFC
04-03-2020, 11:10 AM
Up until 7:45 last night we were 100% selling out our allocation, on a high for Hampden, now 90 minutes later the fair-weather fans have downed tools.

Supporting Hibs is a way of life, it's a lifetime commitment, we've been though worse than last nights game.

Supporting a football team is not a way of life - it's a hobby.

I see people on here shouting for people to lose their job - get a bit of perspective.

HibeeHibernian4
04-03-2020, 11:13 AM
You can do one as well. Haven't missed a semi or final since 1979 and I don't need to justify my reasons to the likes of you anyway.

Right well you are literally being the definition of a fair weather fan and I don’t care how many semi finals or finals you’ve been to.

emerald green
04-03-2020, 11:14 AM
You know me then do you? Weird comments to make.

:troll:

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 11:16 AM

I see people on here shouting for people to lose their job - get a bit of perspective.

I'm cool with that, people do have a different perspective and priority on things, for me I dont agree with folk greetin' about a game and now claiming they'll sack the semi over 1 poor 90 minutes.

If we lose every game from now until the semi IM STILL GOING
If we win every game up until the semi and lose the semi I WONT TURN MY BACK ON THE CLUB

Im a fan and always will be, one bad result doesn't change that.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2020, 11:18 AM
Right well you are literally being the definition of a fair weather fan and I don’t care how many semi finals or finals you’ve been to.

Never miss more than 4 or 5 games a season, fair weather my arse. Anyway you obviously don't care about that either so no more comments from me.

Hiber-nation
04-03-2020, 11:18 AM

I know I know :greengrin

Steve20
04-03-2020, 11:21 AM
I'm cool with that, people do have a different perspective and priority on things, for me I dont agree with folk greetin' about a game and now claiming they'll sack the semi over 1 poor 90 minutes.

If we lose every game from now until the semi IM STILL GOING
If we win every game up until the semi and lose the semi I WONT TURN MY BACK ON THE CLUB

Im a fan and always will be, one bad result doesn't change that.

One bad result? Lost count how many times the team has let us down against Hearts.

I'm going to the semi, but I wouldn't hold it against anyone who doesn't. Go on about how the club needs us. We needed the team last night and yet again, they couldn't give the support anything. Not even commitment. They were shameful.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Give the trolling a rest.

Aye ok, join the band of greetin' part time fans, picking and choosing when to support the club.

Stokesy's on fire
04-03-2020, 11:23 AM
“‘Make us look like ****s”? You support Hibs because you support Hibs, I don’t care what they do they’ll never make me feel ashamed of following them.

The club last night has embarrassed its support losing to teams at the bottom of the league is pathetic

Stokesy's on fire
04-03-2020, 11:29 AM
Anyone who is using last night now as excuse not to go genuinely surprise me. Realise this is Hibs you support?

I think anyone who supports Hibs knows what comes with that. They let you down more often than not. It Probaly will always be that way. If you can’t make it for genuine reasons, family, money etc that is totally fine. But if you use the excuse of you can’t stomach thought of another hampden defeat to Hearts as your reason for not going then you’re even a bigger *****bag than the players were last night, and you have no right to voice your anger at them for the same thing.

They are going to be right up for this, they will sell out. They will already be sensing fear and panic amongst our fan base. get to hampden and support your team if you can

The club has been building for the future for about 20 or so years its about time we see the results of this building we should be aiming high and results like last night are a reminder that we really are not that good. Hearts should have been a walk in the park for us last night but we looked like the relegation candidates instead of them. its a disgrace

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2020, 11:39 AM

You are right, following a football club is a hobby, or a pastime, an entertainment ... call it what you want, that's what it boils down to in reality.

But all hobbies and pastimes have their rules and culture .... Example ... a golfer even with a course to himself and nobody within a mile of him is expected to call himself for an infringement of the rules if he commits one. Even music has cultures like football .... Heavy metal fans see themselves as a sub set all to themselves and would absolutely deride a mate if they found a Carpenters album in their collection, which at the end of the day is still music after all. The examples go on and on.

In football culture all over the world part of what makes a good support and a good supporter is turning up to back the club in adversity .... its a matter of pride if your fans have a reputation for that ..... Look at Man City .... derided now for their glory hunters, but as a dedicated football fan I for one still have admiration for the way their fans stuck with them in huge numbers through relegation after relegation.

So aye ... hobby it is .... But the rules and culture of that hobby dictate that anybody who was thinking of going to Hampden and now isn't because of last night is a ***** fan of this club, that's the truth of it .... coz if you have supported it for any length of time and can't take what has and does inevitably come with it you might as well sod off and support a club where no effort and fortitude is required and you can moan about the fact that they haven't won the league for two seasons as if it was the end of the world.

In short ... If you call yourself a Hibs 'supporter' and cant get yourself up for this game even after last night then you are a poor excuse for one.

Scouse Hibee
04-03-2020, 11:43 AM
You are right, following a football club is a hobby, or a pastime, an entertainment ... call it what you want, that's what it boils down to in reality.

But all hobbies and pastimes have their rules and culture .... Example ... a golfer even with a course to himself and nobody within a mile of him is expected to call himself for an infringement of the rules if he commits one. Even music has cultures like football .... Heavy metal fans see themselves as a sub set all to themselves and would absolutely deride a mate if they found a Carpenters album in their collection, which at the end of the day is still music after all. The examples go on and on.

In football culture all over the world part of what makes a good support and a good supporter is turning up to back the club in adversity .... its a matter of pride if your fans have a reputation for that ..... Look at Man City .... derided now for their glory hunters, but as a dedicated football fan I for one still have admiration for the way their fans stuck with them in huge numbers through relegation after relegation.

So aye ... hobby it is .... But the rules and culture of that hobby dictate that anybody who was thinking of going to Hampden and now isn't because of last night is a ***** fan of this club, that's the truth of it .... coz if you have supported it for any length of time and can't take what has and does inevitably come with it you might as well sod off and support a club where no effort and fortitude is required and you can moan about the fact that they haven't won the league for two seasons as if it was the end of the world.

In short ... If you call yourself a Hibs 'supporter' and cant get yourself up for this game even after last night then you are a poor excuse for one.

Well said.

Yorkshire HFC
04-03-2020, 12:00 PM

But all football clubs have supporters to whom the importance of the football club varies. I'm in my mid 50s and probably went to my first game when I was 6 or 7. I'll always be a Hibs fan, but I haven't lived in Edinburgh for 30 years and only go to 1 / 2 games a season now, compared to having been to about 80% of games when I was in my late teens / early twenties.

I didn't go last night, but will go to the semi, which will be my first game of the season. I'm okay with that - Hibs are just one of my hobbies - ofcourse I was hacked off with the score last night - but I was over it by the time I woke up this morning.

I probably went to more that 20 of the 26? game winless streak under Alex Miller - thank goodness the internet didn't exist then.

The good thing about football is that there's always a chance to put it right in a few days - the players were all heroes on Friday night - now they're all useless. Hopefully they'll all be world beaters again after the weekend.

Steven79
04-03-2020, 12:09 PM
But all football clubs have supporters to whom the importance of the football club varies. I'm in my mid 50s and probably went to my first game when I was 6 or 7. I'll always be a Hibs fan, but I haven't lived in Edinburgh for 30 years and only go to 1 / 2 games a season now, compared to having been to about 80% of games when I was in my late teens / early twenties.

I didn't go last night, but will go to the semi, which will be my first game of the season. I'm okay with that - Hibs are just one of my hobbies - ofcourse I was hacked off with the score last night - but I was over it by the time I woke up this morning.

I probably went to more that 20 of the 26? game winless streak under Alex Miller - thank goodness the internet didn't exist then.

The good thing about football is that there's always a chance to put it right in a few days - the players were all heroes on Friday night - now they're all useless. Hopefully they'll all be world beaters again after the weekend."Heroes" They beat bloody Inverness!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
04-03-2020, 12:18 PM

10/10

Agreed.

It's like a marriage.

For richer or poorer, for better or worse - **** the Hearts.

Ok **** the Hearts might not be in marriage vows but you get my point.

I think last night's performance and result will put people off but it really shouldn't.

Man the **** up and get yourself to Hampden.

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 12:32 PM
you are right, following a football club is a hobby, or a pastime, an entertainment ... Call it what you want, that's what it boils down to in reality.

But all hobbies and pastimes have their rules and culture .... Example ... A golfer even with a course to himself and nobody within a mile of him is expected to call himself for an infringement of the rules if he commits one. Even music has cultures like football .... Heavy metal fans see themselves as a sub set all to themselves and would absolutely deride a mate if they found a carpenters album in their collection, which at the end of the day is still music after all. The examples go on and on.

In football culture all over the world part of what makes a good support and a good supporter is turning up to back the club in adversity .... Its a matter of pride if your fans have a reputation for that ..... Look at man city .... Derided now for their glory hunters, but as a dedicated football fan i for one still have admiration for the way their fans stuck with them in huge numbers through relegation after relegation.

So aye ... Hobby it is .... But the rules and culture of that hobby dictate that anybody who was thinking of going to hampden and now isn't because of last night is a ***** fan of this club, that's the truth of it .... Coz if you have supported it for any length of time and can't take what has and does inevitably come with it you might as well sod off and support a club where no effort and fortitude is required and you can moan about the fact that they haven't won the league for two seasons as if it was the end of the world.

In short ... If you call yourself a hibs 'supporter' and cant get yourself up for this game even after last night then you are a poor excuse for one.

thank you!

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2020, 01:36 PM

The good thing about football is that there's always a chance to put it right in a few days - the players were all heroes on Friday night - now they're all useless. Hopefully they'll all be world beaters again after the weekend.

I don't deny that for a second, I know loads of Hibs fans who are casual supporters, going when they can and picking and choosing their games. But that's the point, this isn't just any game, this is a semi final in the Scottish cup against our bitter rivals. To the individual fan the importance of the club in their lives varies immensely for sure, to those like me who give it a great deal of importance, without it being the be and end all to those who might go to the odd game and think little of the club during the week.

But if the club has any meaning no matter how insignificant to you in the grand scheme of things then of all games this is exactly the one you should be making an effort to get to. This isn't about uber fans, this should galvanise any fan to support the team they claim to support ... if it doesn't irrespective of our chances I fail to see why you bother to claim allegiance to any club in particular and just say you like football instead.

murray26
04-03-2020, 02:33 PM
Cheerio then, I’m not going to watch Hearts fans celebrate again. £35 as well, a likely 12:15/30 kick off live on tv, Hibs fans getting over excited on fizzy pop? No thanks.

But if we won last night.....

Yorkshire HFC
04-03-2020, 02:36 PM
"Heroes" They beat bloody Inverness!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

"Zeroes" - they lost one game.

I read on here that none of the Hearts team could get into the Hibs team, predictions of 7 - 0 etc. Now people want the manager sacked.

That's the internet for you.

flash
04-03-2020, 02:39 PM
I was raging about not going at full time last night as were thousands like me.
Today's another day though and I will be there. I trust the management team to learn from last night.
No guarantees in football but I reckon the semi will be a completely different match.

Logie Green
04-03-2020, 02:50 PM
When are tickets going on sale?

Probably not long after they announce the venue, date and kick-off details.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2020, 02:57 PM
Probably not long after they announce the venue, date and kick-off details.

To maximise ticket sales they are waiting for Hibs fans to cool down.:wink:

I'm Spartacus
04-03-2020, 03:41 PM
But if we won last night.....

Demanding 20 tickets for friends and family that have never been to a game, booking time off work, getting tshirts printed, faces painted... [we get beat] "Nah f that"

CathroMustStay
04-03-2020, 04:03 PM

Spot on.

green with envy
04-03-2020, 04:26 PM
I was raging about not going at full time last night as were thousands like me.
Today's another day though and I will be there. I trust the management team to learn from last night.
No guarantees in football but I reckon the semi will be a completely different match.

It never even came close tome or the folks I go with that I wouldn't be going to the SF after the game last night. Or any other game this season for that matter.

Spike Mandela
05-03-2020, 01:28 PM
No chance it will sell out with a 12.15 Kick off imo.

FilipinoHibs
05-03-2020, 01:34 PM
After Tuesday was not going to stay up in the Philippines to watch the Aberdeen game. Now I have some perspective and staying up and coming home for the final.

oneone73
05-03-2020, 01:36 PM
After Tuesday was not going to stay up in the Philippines to watch the Aberdeen game. Now I have some perspective and staying up and coming home for the final.

Good man.

Keith_M
05-03-2020, 02:00 PM
I still feel exactly the same as I did before about the chances of a sell-out, i.e. there's no chance.

If we get somewhere between 15-20,000*, that would be fine. As long as we make a lot of noise and get behind the team.

* and 20k+ would be incredible.