PDA

View Full Version : Ya Beauty! We got the easiest draw!

California-Hibs
01-03-2020, 04:19 PM
Delighted with that, couldn't of asked for better, bring it on!

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 04:25 PM
TBF, so did they

:duck:

:greengrin

G B Young
01-03-2020, 04:37 PM
We've now got a fantastic opportunity to do the 'double' on them. Beat them on Tuesday to leave them adrift at the foot of the league and then dump them out the cup. We should be confident of doing both.

calumhibee1
01-03-2020, 04:38 PM
TBF, so did they

:duck:

:greengrin

Touché :greengrin

wallpaperman
01-03-2020, 05:29 PM
We did, I was worried for 30 seconds but we’ve got to put that out our heads and be positive all the way.

If you had no idea of who was playing and were given the choice at a neutral ground of playing the team in 1st, 4th or bottom you would take the bottom team 100 times out of a 100. No questions.

No time for scaredy *****bags.:greengrin

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Yet another tie against lower league opposition.

If it wasn't for the thought of facing Celtc in the final, I'd say this is our year.

hibsbollah
01-03-2020, 07:32 PM
I've never been so confident going into a derby. I also love it that a few of them are getting excitable about beating a Hun team who looked like they were all suffering from coronovirus. We're going to leave them embarrassed and humiliated.

chrisski33
01-03-2020, 07:36 PM
Hmmm this thread could come back to haunt us.........

HibeeHibernian4
01-03-2020, 07:38 PM

We factually did get the easiest draw, whether Ross and Hibs choose to take advantage of this is another matter entirely.

cmcd
01-03-2020, 07:48 PM
We factually did get the easiest draw, whether Ross and Hibs choose to take advantage of this is another matter entirely.

Supporters getting carried away as usual. The time to brag is when the game is won and not before .

Tobias Funke
01-03-2020, 07:55 PM
We have so many sh*tebags among our support. Their cheating days are over, it’s a level playing field and we are better than them in every department. They are bottom of the league for a reason, they are absolutely sh*te.

We have no reason to fear them.

HibeeHibernian4
01-03-2020, 07:55 PM
Supporters getting carried away as usual. The time to brag is when the game is won and not before .

Sorry as shown in other threads I hate people bragging about our chances in a derby but saying “we got the easiest draw” is just a fact?

hibsbollah
01-03-2020, 07:56 PM

I'm quite happy to express my confidence right now.

ddoc
01-03-2020, 07:57 PM

Underestimate Hearts at our peril, in both Tuesday's game and in the semi-final. They will be up for both games big time seeing they need something to salvage this season.

Far to often I have seen us go into games against them as outright favorites and come away with zero.

But, if we play to our strengths and our defense keep the errors to a minimum, we can win both games, maybe even comfortably.

California-Hibs
01-03-2020, 08:41 PM

And who cares if it does! Don't make a thread because of the possibility of that? Nah, stuff that. Its different now. No *****bags wanted with this huge game, full on confidence and chests puffed out! They're bottom of the league with 3 bloody league wins all season!

We're gonna do them at Hampden this time!

Since452
01-03-2020, 08:42 PM
We've drawn the lowest ranking team in the round three times in a row and before that a lower league side. Couldn't ask for more tbh. Easiest route to a final I can remember so no excuses.

NOLA
01-03-2020, 08:43 PM
Easiest draw but we will miss a last minute pen to crash out [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St.Kristopher
01-03-2020, 08:44 PM

Take this down now!!!

California-Hibs
01-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Take this down now!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFzlYOX73PQloxPk4/giphy.gif

Iggy Pope
01-03-2020, 09:14 PM
And who cares if it does! Don't make a thread because of the possibility of that? Nah, stuff that. Its different now. No *****bags wanted with this huge game, full on confidence and chests puffed out! They're bottom of the league with 3 bloody league wins all season!

We're gonna do them at Hampden this time!

You being in Sacramento and all that, you booked your flights yet?

California-Hibs
01-03-2020, 09:22 PM
You being in Sacramento and all that, you booked your flights yet?

$1506 for all 4 of us to fly, which is an incredible price! They've been looked out. Of course still waiting till it's a formality

Iggy Pope
01-03-2020, 09:24 PM
$1506 for all 4 of us to fly, which is an incredible price! They've been looked out. Of course still waiting till it's a formality

Missing the semi then. Couldn’t bear that. I’d kick **** out the couch.

Captain Trips
01-03-2020, 09:24 PM
The facts are league wise Hearts are worst team in the Semi therefore it is the easiest draw but as said above we are lowest of the 3 others so it is also their easiest draw.

However they will be getting pumped.

01-03-2020, 09:42 PM
The facts are league wise Hearts are worst team in the Semi therefore it is the easiest draw but as said above we are lowest of the 3 others so it is also their easiest draw.

However they will be getting pumped.

Lower than Aberdeen at the moment, I reckon we'll be above them by the time the semi comes around. In fact if we win the derby and they don't beat Killie on Wednesday we'll have a shot at going above them on Saturday.

Livi have Celtic at home then St Johnstone away and Motherwell have Ross Co at home then Hearts away so if we can pull off a couple of wins we've a great chance of moving up a couple of places.

Hibbyradge
01-03-2020, 09:55 PM

*Have

St.Kristopher
01-03-2020, 10:11 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFzlYOX73PQloxPk4/giphy.gif

I think we will win...however even if we do this thread will not help. A derby is a derby and truth be told I'm glad. I was at 6-2 and 5-1. Its what makes it fun, horrible, shaming and a chance for us to be arrogant(after the fact) I'm delighted about the draw, cause I'm delighted and worried at the same time.

Captain Trips
01-03-2020, 10:22 PM
I think we will win...however even if we do this thread will not help. A derby is a derby and truth be told I'm glad. I was at 6-2 and 5-1. Its what makes it fun, horrible, shaming and a chance for us to be arrogant(after the fact) I'm delighted about the draw, cause I'm delighted and worried at the same time.

A thread on here is irrelevant to us winning or losing. We have every right to be confident of our chances.

monktonharp
01-03-2020, 11:18 PM
Take this down now!!!take your pants down, for a severe spanking! . this draw is almost like a Bye.:slipper::duck:

KingPat4
01-03-2020, 11:23 PM
take your pants down, for a severe spanking! . this draw is almost like a Bye.:slipper::duck:

You should know better, a game against Heats is never a forgone conclusion, ever.

monktonharp
01-03-2020, 11:28 PM
You should know better, a game against Heats is never a forgone conclusion, ever.behave, and try see some joke in posts

tonyrougier123
01-03-2020, 11:28 PM
We have so many sh*tebags among our support. Their cheating days are over, it’s a level playing field and we are better than them in every department. They are bottom of the league for a reason, they are absolutely sh*te.

Gotta be confident for these games I agree,rangers were leggy after the braga game and hearts took full advantage of the wee break they've had,after the st mirren game was called off.
Caution is needed for sure though,it's rarely easy against them tbf.
If we turn up playing like friday it could be messy for them at easter road,because despite inverness being a lower division team they have a decent squad,bet a few jambos would take mchattie and the boy that got sent off over some of the defenders they have just now.
Whilst I hate praising anything they have,the return of michael smith for them makes for a more settled back line,decent player for them.hopefully he has a shocker on tuesday night.

monktonharp
01-03-2020, 11:29 PM
hence, the DUCK over the smiley's heid. get it?

cocteautwin
02-03-2020, 03:15 AM

It's not a level playing field. HMFC have way more external cash being pumped in to them than us. We're still only the 5th best funded club in the league.

Onion
02-03-2020, 04:16 AM
Biggest two factors that will affect this Semi are injuries and how Hearts are doing in the league. 2006 semi was all about Hibs injuries that day, the players knew they were stuffed before a ball was kicked. We need to keep key players fit, esp Boyle, Doc, Allan, McNulty.

If the Yams are still fighting for their survival or better still struggling badly, we’ll have a great advantage.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2020, 04:46 AM
Children - beware the lessons of Hibstory. Hearts have been roping-a-dope against Hibs for many a year. If the team thinks this will be a walk in the park we’ll be the contributors of our own downfall. Don’t count them KfCs before they’re fried.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2020, 04:50 AM
It's not a level playing field. HMFC have way more external cash being pumped in to them than us. We're still only the 5th best funded club in the league.

Fund an SFA official ;) first forearm smash of the game card free. Penalties from outside the box and red cards? No problem. That’s you all paid up Doctor.

flash
02-03-2020, 06:18 AM
Children - beware the lessons of Hibstory. Hearts have been roping-a-dope against Hibs for many a year. If the team thinks this will be a walk in the park we’ll be the contributors of our own downfall. Don’t count them KfCs before they’re fried.

That's right. Hertz are deliberately bottom of the league just in case they happened to draw us in the Cup.

twiceinathens
02-03-2020, 06:52 AM
There is no doubt that on form and ability we should win this and if we do succeed I'll be on full gloating mode win but let's not get carried away yet.

Dave spart
02-03-2020, 06:58 AM
Let’s hope we don’t end up with egg all over our faces. It may have been a good time ago but the 5-1 and 4-0 games we went into feeling confident.

Craig_in_Prague
02-03-2020, 07:00 AM
Let’s hope we don’t end up with egg all over our faces. It may have been a good time ago but the 5-1 and 4-0 games we went into feeling confident.

Hardly. Quite the opposite imo.

PeeJay
02-03-2020, 07:05 AM
The OP may have a point when you look at league standings, but anybody on here who thinks any game against Hearts in a derby will be "easy" really has not been paying attention all these years -

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2020, 07:16 AM
That's right. Hertz are deliberately bottom of the league just in case they happened to draw us in the Cup.

lol

Hiber-nation
02-03-2020, 07:18 AM

Aye so we did.

Zazu62
02-03-2020, 07:22 AM
Could we be in a position to rest key players the game before? Where as hearts could/will be in a relegation scrap with Hamilton?

FilipinoHibs
02-03-2020, 07:32 AM
We did, I was worried for 30 seconds but we’ve got to put that out our heads and be positive all the way.

If you had no idea of who was playing and were given the choice at a neutral ground of playing the team in 1st, 4th or bottom you would take the bottom team 100 times out of a 100. No questions.

No time for scaredy *****bags.:greengrin

Similarly, if you had the choice of the team currently 1st, 4th or 6th in the league, you would take the 6th placed team.

calumhibee1
02-03-2020, 07:56 AM
Similarly, if you had the choice of the team currently 1st, 4th or 6th in the league, you would take the 6th placed team.

Yup. But if you were bottom of the league you wouldn’t expect to beat any of them.

We could also quite easily be above Aberdeen by the time the game rolls around.

Paisley Hibby
02-03-2020, 08:04 AM
I wish folk would just give it a rest and let Hibs do the talking when the game comes. Hearts position in the league is irrelevant. It's an Edinburgh Derby and on current form we should win but I've supported us long enough to know that we rarely do well when we think we're favourites. And to the best of my knowledge, we've never beaten Hearts at Hampden. I'm quietly confident this time but will wait until we've done it before going on about it.

B.H.F.C
02-03-2020, 08:06 AM

I never. Feel differently about this one.

Alex Trager
02-03-2020, 08:14 AM

Did we?

Hugely lacking in confidence for both is my recollection.

Alex Trager
02-03-2020, 08:16 AM
Could we be in a position to rest key players the game before? Where as hearts could/will be in a relegation scrap with Hamilton?

I suspect/hope we are battling for third place so won’t be able to rest players unless we are many points clear in third haha

truehibernian
02-03-2020, 08:23 AM

Killen injured before it, Brown failed to make it, Deek suspended and we sold GOC before it - least confident we’ve ever been.

Final, Leigh got injury in lead up to the game and we were second/third bottom in the league.

But aye we were confident 😜

calumhibee1
02-03-2020, 08:23 AM
I wish folk would just give it a rest and let Hibs do the talking when the game comes. Hearts position in the league is irrelevant. It's an Edinburgh Derby and on current form we should win but I've supported us long enough to know that we rarely do well when we think we're favourites. And to the best of my knowledge, we've never beaten Hearts at Hampden. I'm quietly confident this time but will wait until we've done it before going on about it.

Their position in the league is far from irrelevant. They’re bottom of the league because they’re absolutely *****. We should be winning this tie quite comfortably, but of course there’s always the possibility we could lose it - just like we could have potentially lost against ICT in the last round but should have and did win comfortably.

Liberal Hibby
02-03-2020, 08:31 AM
And to the best of my knowledge, we've never beaten Hearts at Hampden.

Wow - is that so?

Kato
02-03-2020, 08:35 AM
Let’s hope we don’t end up with egg all over our faces. It may have been a good time ago but the 5-1 and 4-0 games we went into feeling confident.You only get egg on your face if you make loads of daft noise beforehand but there's nothing wrong with welcoming the draw.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

AndyM_1875
02-03-2020, 08:42 AM
We should welcome the draw but let's not get involved in nonsense with Jambos blethering about games that were played a generation ago when they had a financially doped team and we were playing kids in one game and a frankly rotten side in another. What is done is done.

If our players turn up on the day we'll win. That's not idle boasting but is backed up by the relative league positions of the sides.

Dublin07
02-03-2020, 08:43 AM
In 2006 they finished 2nd and 18 points ahead of us in 5th. In 2012 they finished 5th and 19 points ahead of us in 11th.
In 2006 we had already lost 4-0 and 4-1 to them that season. In 2012 they had beaten us 2-0 2-0 and 3-1.
This season we are likely to be around 5th and them 11th at best when we play and we will be around 20 points ahead of them.
We have a right to be confident as they were in those years.

Captain Trips
02-03-2020, 08:54 AM
In 2006 they finished 2nd and 18 points ahead of us in 5th. In 2012 they finished 5th and 19 points ahead of us in 11th.
In 2006 we had already lost 4-0 and 4-1 to them that season. In 2012 they had beaten us 2-0 2-0 and 3-1.
This season we are likely to be around 5th and them 11th at best when we play and we will be around 20 points ahead of them.

Here are some other factors from 2006/2012 that give me confidence

No Zibi
No Kujabi
No Soares
No Fenlon

calumhibee1
02-03-2020, 08:55 AM

:agree:

It’s by no means a given, but we have 100% got the easiest draw and we should be very confident of reaching the final - a lot more confident than they should be.

Since452
02-03-2020, 08:55 AM

Absolutely bang on

Peevemor
02-03-2020, 08:57 AM
:agree:

It’s by no means a given, but we have 100% got the easiest draw and we should be very confident of reaching the final - a lot more confident than they should be.

In the last 6-8 matches, Hearts' form is better than Aberdeen's.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=scotland

Scouse Hibee
02-03-2020, 08:58 AM
An Edinburgh derby in the cup semi final is the easiest draw, aye right then 😂

Dave spart
02-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Totally agree. Derby games are the least easy to predict. Just think back to last two occasions we played Hearts at Hampden. Both ended in thrashings.

Barman Stanton
02-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Unreal how much some of our support s*it themselves when it comes to Hearts. Whilst for them it seems to be the complete opposite. We are miles better than them at the moment. A bit of confidence among our support couldnt hurt.

Kato
02-03-2020, 09:22 AM
Totally agree. Derby games are the least easy to predict. Just think back to last two occasions we played Hearts at Hampden. Both ended in thrashings.Both of those games were easy to predict.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2020, 09:23 AM

You went into a cup final Vs hearts when we were 11th feeling confident? Were you high? I'm surprised we scored 1.

KingPat4
02-03-2020, 09:30 AM
I'm never confident against them, not ashamed to admit it. But I'm not pissing on anyone's chips, I want a memorable night tomorrow and there is every chance of it happening.

:hyper

Anthony Soprano
02-03-2020, 09:31 AM

We were battling relegation the season of the 5-1 game, we stayed up by 8 points while Dunfermline went down and had a poor team bar a few decent players. We definitely weren't confident going into that game and hearts at that point were spending far beyond their means prior to going into administration.

It's a different ball game now, we've got a good squad and hearts are no longer paying guys £15,000 a week, this should be seen as nothing other than a chance to inflict sheer pain and misery on those c4nts

Dave spart
02-03-2020, 09:55 AM
We were battling relegation the season of the 5-1 game, we stayed up by 8 points while Dunfermline went down and had a poor team bar a few decent players. We definitely weren't confident going into that game and hearts at that point were spending far beyond their means prior to going into administration.

It's a different ball game now, we've got a good squad and hearts are no longer paying guys £15,000 a week, this should be seen as nothing other than a chance to inflict sheer pain and misery on those c4nts
Get real. We also spent far more than our means, resulting in Sir TF bailing us out. Without that intervention there would be no derby games to watch. I’m old enough to remember when supporters of both clubs indulged in banter and not the hatred that is now all to common in derby games now.

Peevemor
02-03-2020, 10:00 AM
Get real. We also spent far more than our means, resulting in Sir TF bailing us out. Without that intervention there would be no derby games to watch. I’m old enough to remember when supporters of both clubs indulged in banter and not the hatred that is now all to common in derby games now.STF never had to bail us out because of overspending on players. Hearts have been overspending regularly since Mercer was there.

Anthony Soprano
02-03-2020, 10:12 AM
Get real. We also spent far more than our means, resulting in Sir TF bailing us out. Without that intervention there would be no derby games to watch. I’m old enough to remember when supporters of both clubs indulged in banter and not the hatred that is now all to common in derby games now.

Haha we had a team riddled with below-par loan players whilst hearts were paying guys like Driver, Skacel, Black ect massive wages, you get real mate.

Dunno what game you watched that day but nobody I knew was confident we would beat hearts in that final, our team was stinking.

Completely different scenario this time round, JR has the team playing well and I personally would love to see us give them a doing, not sure what your problem is with that.

JeMeSouviens
02-03-2020, 10:19 AM

Did we, aye? Countdown to launching in 5, 4, 3 ...

G B Young
02-03-2020, 10:23 AM
Totally agree. Derby games are the least easy to predict. Just think back to last two occasions we played Hearts at Hampden. Both ended in thrashings.

May I suggest you try a bit harder to mask your allegiance when you go to the effort of registering with a Hibs supporters forum with the sole intention of trolling. Otherwise you won't last long.

LTYF :bye:

I'm Spartacus
02-03-2020, 10:24 AM
If Carlsberg done draws, delighted and definitely the easiest draw we could have had, just need Aberdeen to do the job and winning this cup will be a good habit for us to have gotten in to!!

Anthony Soprano
02-03-2020, 10:25 AM
May I suggest you try a bit harder to mask your allegiance when you go to the effort of registering with a Hibs supporters forum with the sole intention of trolling. Otherwise you won't last long.

LTYF :bye:

Kickback must be quiet today, funny breed those yams:faf:

G B Young
02-03-2020, 10:25 AM

Easy's not the right word, but bearing in mind the league positions of the four semi-finalists I think it's fair to say we'd back ourselves more heavily to beat the yams rather than the sheep or Celtic? On paper it's certainly the best draw we could have got.

JeMeSouviens
02-03-2020, 10:28 AM
If Carlsberg done draws, delighted and definitely the easiest draw we could have had, just need Aberdeen to do the job and winning this cup will be a good habit for us to have gotten in to!!

Would be a nice symmetry to us winning both the before and after of Celtc's trophy run.

Kato
02-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Get real. We also spent far more than our means, resulting in Sir TF bailing us out. Without that intervention there would be no derby games to watch. I’m old enough to remember when supporters of both clubs indulged in banter and not the hatred that is now all to common in derby games now.Reminds me of the line "if you know your history", because you clearly don't.

Dave spart
02-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Reminds me of the line "if you know your history", because you clearly don't.

Really! Direct quote from Wiki
After mismanagement during the late 1980s, Hibs were on the brink of financial ruin in 1990.[33] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-merger_memories-33) Wallace Mercer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Mercer), the chairman of Hearts, proposed a merger of the two clubs,[33] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-merger_memories-33) but the Hibs fans believed that the proposal was more like a hostile takeover (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_takeover).[34] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-hands_off_hibs-34) They formed the Hands off Hibs group to campaign for the continued existence of the club.[34] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-hands_off_hibs-34) This succeeded when a prominent local businessman, Kwik-Fit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwik-Fit) owner Sir Tom Farmer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Farmer), acquired a controlling interest in Hibs.[35] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-backseat-35) The fans were able to persuade Farmer to take control
yes we did great but let’s not forget what we owe to Sir TF.

I'm Spartacus
02-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Would be a nice symmetry to us winning both the before and after of Celtc's trophy run.

This whole Celtic thing has to end soon, pumping Hearts then one huge finger up to Lennon and the quadruple treble is the absolute dream ending!

02-03-2020, 01:35 PM

A match in 2012 and one in 2006 have no bearing on the outcome of the semi. Recent form and the fact they are sh¡t do. Wins against Rangers without Morelos do not now make them a decent team.

Barman Stanton
02-03-2020, 01:36 PM
After mismanagement during the late 1980s, Hibs were on the brink of financial ruin in 1990.[33] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-merger_memories-33) Wallace Mercer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Mercer), the chairman of Hearts, proposed a merger of the two clubs,[33] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-merger_memories-33) but the Hibs fans believed that the proposal was more like a hostile takeover (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_takeover).[34] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-hands_off_hibs-34) They formed the Hands off Hibs group to campaign for the continued existence of the club.[34] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-hands_off_hibs-34) This succeeded when a prominent local businessman, Kwik-Fit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwik-Fit) owner Sir Tom Farmer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Farmer), acquired a controlling interest in Hibs.[35] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-backseat-35) The fans were able to persuade Farmer to take control

If you were actually a Hibs fan you would know that the mismanagement in that period was due to buying a pub chain! Certainly not spending outwith our means on the pitch.

I will assume your a young Jambo who is just hurting a bit at the moment. One wee win and your over here in a flash. Sad really.

JeMeSouviens
02-03-2020, 01:38 PM

I suggest you put the spade away now, you've dug yourself a more than deep enough hole.

Poor stuff really. Trolls ain't what they used to be. :rolleyes:

Barman Stanton
02-03-2020, 01:41 PM
I suggest you put the spade away now, you've dug yourself a more than deep enough hole.

It really is a poor state of affairs. Not only are Hearts absolutely dreadful on the pitch, their trolls have went right downhill as well.

CraigHibee
02-03-2020, 02:00 PM
An Edinburgh derby in the cup semi final is the easiest draw, aye right then ��

my thoughts exactly, if we had been drawn against a lower league team then fair enough, we haven't..

i'm sure hearts thought the same when the got us in 2016..

Peevemor
02-03-2020, 02:06 PM
yes we did great but let’s not forget what we owe to Sir TF.I'm not sure it's possible to have less of a clue about what went on during that period.

Barman Stanton
02-03-2020, 02:10 PM
my thoughts exactly, if we had been drawn against a lower league team then fair enough, we haven't..

i'm sure hearts thought the same when the got us in 2016..

Nothing wrong with a bit of bravado and confidence when it comes to playing our rivals. We could do with a lot more of it imo.

I'm Spartacus
02-03-2020, 02:11 PM
After mismanagement during the late 1980s, Hibs were on the brink of financial ruin in 1990.[33] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-merger_memories-33)Wallace Mercer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Mercer), the chairman of Hearts, proposed a merger of the two clubs,[33] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-merger_memories-33) but the Hibs fans believed that the proposal was more like a hostile takeover (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile_takeover).[34] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-hands_off_hibs-34) They formed the Hands off Hibs group to campaign for the continued existence of the club.[34] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-hands_off_hibs-34) This succeeded when a prominent local businessman, Kwik-Fit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwik-Fit) owner Sir Tom Farmer (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Farmer), acquired a controlling interest in Hibs.[35] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#cite_note-backseat-35) The fans were able to persuade Farmer to take control

7 posts in and you jizz your pants for all to see.

Bye bye

02-03-2020, 02:16 PM
If you were actually a Hibs fan you would know that the mismanagement in that period was due to buying a pub chain! Certainly not spending outwith our means on the pitch.

I will assume your a young Jambo who is just hurting a bit at the moment. One wee win and your over here in a flash. Sad really.

No doubt thinks by slagging off a couple of Jambos in Michael Stewart and Biscuits Preston in his 1st couple of posts is enough to convince us he's not a Jambo. :faf:

02-03-2020, 02:18 PM
It really is a poor state of affairs. Not only are Hearts absolutely dreadful on the pitch, their trolls have went right downhill as well.

On course for relegation to the Troll Championship.

Gypsy King
02-03-2020, 02:28 PM
Never been more confident. We are going to absolutely smash them and rub there faces in the dirt both at Easter Road and at Hampden.Demolition jobs in both.

Barman Stanton
02-03-2020, 02:30 PM
No doubt thinks by slagging off a couple of Jambos in Michael Stewart and Biscuits Preston in his 1st couple of posts is enough to convince us he's not a Jambo. :faf:

Yeah, dumb as F*** considering Jambos are known to dislike those 2.

Gypsy King
02-03-2020, 02:46 PM

The stench of Yam is strong in this one - Worst attempt at trolling I've ever seen.

I'm Spartacus
02-03-2020, 03:49 PM

While you raise it - BISCUITS .... nothing boils my piss more than hearing these stupid f'ing boys club nicknames on the radio.

What has he done to justify being on a national radio show? Useless chunt.

UPDATE - and that goes for all stupid nicknames "Tommo" "Fletch"

02-03-2020, 04:01 PM
While you raise it - BISCUITS .... nothing boils my piss more than hearing these stupid f'ing boys club nicknames on the radio.

What has he done to justify being on a national radio show? Useless chunt.

UPDATE - and that goes for all stupid nicknames "Tommo" "Fletch"

You should try watching some of the "Si" Ferry stuff on YouTube, you'd love it. :greengrin

Kato
02-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Spade? He's got a subbuteo JCB - batteries included.

Kato
02-03-2020, 04:41 PM

Aye, barry.

basehibby
02-03-2020, 04:44 PM

That is a load of guff and you know it - both those games we went into them on the back of relatively poor form - in 2006 we had faded into a mediocre league finish after a promising start - in 2012 we finished second bottom FFS! Against that Hearts had enjoyed good seasons by comparison on both occasions. So there may have been some brave faces put on it but not many Hibees were particularly confident deep down. Hearts on the other hand were full of themselves on both occasions and duly romped home.

I get that pride comes before a fall and all that but this is a fan's message board and the content reflects that. This time round - as things stand anyway - we are clear favourites to win this tie. So relax and enjoy it - there are plenty enough real Hibees in the squad to make sure every player gives 110% and takes no prisoners.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Did we, aye? Countdown to launching in 5, 4, 3 ...

HMS Titanic - May God Bless her and all that go down on her (contained a passenger by the name of “Lithman” #trueStory #nostradamus

Anthony Soprano
03-03-2020, 09:38 AM
That is a load of guff and you know it - both those games we went into them on the back of relatively poor form - in 2006 we had faded into a mediocre league finish after a promising start - in 2012 we finished second bottom FFS! Against that Hearts had enjoyed good seasons by comparison on both occasions. So there may have been some brave faces put on it but not many Hibees were particularly confident deep down. Hearts on the other hand were full of themselves on both occasions and duly romped home.

I get that pride comes before a fall and all that but this is a fan's message board and the content reflects that. This time round - as things stand anyway - we are clear favourites to win this tie. So relax and enjoy it - there are plenty enough real Hibees in the squad to make sure every player gives 110% and takes no prisoners.

haha it's a hearts fan mate he's attempting to troll but he's made a right james hunt of it. don't worry, he'll lose his virginity soon

chrisski33
03-03-2020, 08:08 PM
Get this thread to fk!

BroxburnHibee
03-03-2020, 08:20 PM
When will you all learn?

Jim44
03-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Ya Beauty! We got the easiest draw!

No we didn’t.

HendoDelivered
03-03-2020, 08:35 PM
😂😂😂 delete this

makaveli1875
03-03-2020, 08:37 PM
When will you all learn?

Unfortunately never.

Dave spart
03-03-2020, 08:44 PM
Unfortunately never.
A few clowns called me a Jambo just because I said derby games are never easy to predict. In derby games everyone has to give 100%. Didn’t happen tonight.

Northernhibee
03-03-2020, 08:54 PM
A lesson on why to occasionally start a thread about your own team every so often.

Paisley Hibby
04-03-2020, 07:50 AM

A couple of folk disagreed with this when I posted it two days ago. To be kind, I'd imagine they've not been Hibs fans as long as I have. I'm no longer even quietly confident - but this could work in our favour. Let the Jambos brag about what they're going to do to us at Hampden. Hopefully all our talking will be done on the pitch (as long as our team turns up this time).

calumhibee1
04-03-2020, 07:57 AM
A lesson on why to occasionally start a thread about your own team every so often.

“We got the easiest draw”

Is that not about us? :confused: