PDA

View Full Version : them

davym7062
29-02-2020, 07:46 PM
thought they deserved to win today but how bad were rangers? honestly think we will bury them next week

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-02-2020, 07:55 PM
The huns must have been really rank to let that garbage beat them, 3 points on Tuesday for us to put them back in their kennels 💚

Golden Bear
29-02-2020, 08:04 PM
We can definitely out skill them but we've got to be prepared to out fight them. Hopefully the extra days rest will be a counting factor.

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Good result for us. No way they're able to replicate that on Tuesday. Just like rangers couldn't replicate their European result today.

29-02-2020, 08:06 PM
Rangers seem to be in turmoil at the moment. Rumours about stuff happening in Dubai, league over for them and now Morelos dropped for being 24hrs late. The Morelos thing today probably played a part in them losing.

davym7062
29-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Rangers seem to be in turmoil at the moment. Rumours about stuff happening in Dubai, league over for them and now Morelos dropped for being 24hrs late. The Morelos thing today probably played a part in them losing

yep course it did, they had no striker on the pitch

Irish_Steve
29-02-2020, 08:12 PM
I hate threads like this - how often do we see people say, "we are due them a pumping" only for exactly the opposite to happen - would have much preferred the Huns to go through

Since452
29-02-2020, 08:12 PM
I hate threads like this - how often do we see people say, "we are due them a pumping" only for exactly the opposite to happen - would have much preferred the Huns to go through

Same

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 08:18 PM

You'd have preferred a team who we are 11-2 on aggregate down to and who are 2nd in the league to go through, as opposed to a team 12th in the league and who we are 3-2 up on aggregate against?

Madness.

davym7062
29-02-2020, 08:26 PM

No way! We’ve a lot Better chance of beating hearts than beating rangers at hampden! Rangers beating knocked out increases our chances of winning it

neil7908
29-02-2020, 08:34 PM
I think we'll win on Tuesday but anyone expecting us to give them a doing will be very disappointed. I've been supporting Hibs for over 25 years and could count on one hand how often that's happened.

NAE NOOKIE
29-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Slice it whatever way you want. They have beaten a team we haven't been able to for some time now twice in a row. If anybody thinks that equates to an easy game for Hibs on Tuesday night then they are kidding themselves ..... whatever the case if they can beat the Huns twice they have it in them to beat us .... the only positive to take from today's result is that any complacency Hibs might have had should be booted well and truly out of the ground.

RoYO!
29-02-2020, 08:36 PM
Delighted the rangers got dumped out of yet another cup! Hearts in next round = best chance of success for us. So it's a win win.

steakbake
29-02-2020, 08:45 PM
They’ll be well up for Tuesday. We underestimate them and we’re in for disappointment.

Weegreenman
29-02-2020, 08:46 PM
We are very dangerous and free flowing going forward......but defensively we are very poor.

Two really poor goals lost on Friday night to Inverness. The first was down to a player who’s only just joined us on loan and has been absolutely outstanding for us thus far (Greg Docherty ) but I’m afraid his defending ( tracking back ) for that particular goal wasn’t one he’ll be very keen to watch again.
The second was by another player who has only just recently arrived and who I think will nail down a place in our starting line up for a long time to come but again I’m afraid Paul McGinns defending for the corner was just “horrible”.

We need to be on the front foot from the first whistle on Tuesday evening. Blow them away as early as we can. We’ll need at least two goals maybe three if we are to win because there’s a very high possibility we’ll concede at least once.

CmoantheHibs
29-02-2020, 08:48 PM
It's no coincidence that their best 2 performances have come at the pbs against a football playing side without their main man. It's a lot easier to close down and remain a tight unit on their subutteo pitch.don't think it will be easy mid week but confident we will beat them.

wookie70
29-02-2020, 09:00 PM
I'm one for rolling out the Natural Order banner when we have put them back in their box. Let's be confident not cocky and do the business on Tuesday.

BILLYHIBS
29-02-2020, 09:11 PM
We are very dangerous and free flowing going forward......but defensively we are very poor.

Two really poor goals lost on Friday night to Inverness. The first was down to a player who’s only just joined us on loan and has been absolutely outstanding for us thus far (Greg Docherty ) but I’m afraid his defending ( tracking back ) for that particular goal wasn’t one he’ll be very keen to watch again.
The second was by another player who has only just recently arrived and who I think will nail down a place in our starting line up for a long time to come but again I’m afraid Paul McGinns defending for the corner was just “horrible”.

We need to be on the front foot from the first whistle on Tuesday evening. Blow them away as early as we can. We’ll need at least two goals maybe three if we are to win because there’s a very high possibility we’ll concede at least once.

First was a deflection second was a corner that came from our left nothing to do with SPM both goals left Rocky rooted to his line as per usual

I would have to see both goals again before attaching any blame to either The Doc or SPM

I must confess my first reaction was NOT that Docherty did not track back or that Paul McGinn was to blame for the second :confused:

Edit:

Goal highlights still not available on Hibs TV

hibbysam
29-02-2020, 09:17 PM
First was a deflection second was a corner that came from our left nothing to do with SPM both goals left Rocky rooted to his line as per usual

I would have to see both goals again before attaching any blame to either The Doc or SPM

I must confess my first reaction was NOT that Docherty did not track back or that Paul McGinn was to blame for the second :confused:

Edit:

Goal highlights still not available on Hibs TV

You won’t blame anyone else but will have a go at rocky? Where were you expecting him to go for the first goal? Our right hand side switched off and Jackson was far too slow to react to get across once passed in behind McGinn. Second goal your keeper isn’t coming through 8 bodies to try and get to a ball, should’ve been defended better but in reality when your 5-1 up I’d expect concentration to go a little.

BILLYHIBS
29-02-2020, 09:23 PM
You won’t blame anyone else but will have a go at rocky? Where were you expecting him to go for the first goal? Our right hand side switched off and Jackson was far too slow to react to get across once passed in behind McGinn. Second goal your keeper isn’t coming through 8 bodies to try and get to a ball, should’ve been defended better but in reality when your 5-1 up I’d expect concentration to go a little.

Already said the first was a deflection still not sure about The Docs culpability in all of this ???

The second I am struggling to see how SPM is at fault ?

Rocky did not command his box stayed on his line looked a soft goal to lose

You answered your own question

Steve20
29-02-2020, 09:29 PM
Hearts are going to be a team that can win if they turn it on but if they’re not at it, they’ll get buried. We need to make sure we’re at our best, so they have no chance. We don’t play at our best, we give them a chance.

29-02-2020, 09:42 PM
It's no coincidence that their best 2 performances have come at the pbs against a football playing side without their main man. It's a lot easier to close down and remain a tight unit on their subutteo pitch.don't think it will be easy mid week but confident we will beat them.

When they beat us last time at ER, Doidge only played the last 5 minutes so you could argue we were without our main man (we just didn't know it at the time). Since then we've picked up 33 points in the league and they've only picked up 13.

In the 4 league games since they beat Rangers a few weeks ago they've drawn away to St Johnstone and were lucky to get a point, they've lost at home to Killie, got pumped 5-0 at Parkhead and drawn at home to Hamilton and had been on course to get pumped if it hadn't been for the dodgy red card. They are sh¡te.

They've not got Berra on the pitch or Levein in the dugout anymore to get them pumped up for the derby and they've just lost Souttar possibly the only other one that might care enough about Hearts to put in the extra 5% effort needed.

hibbysam
29-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Already said the first was a deflection still not sure about The Docs culpability in all of this ???

The second I am struggling to see how SPM is at fault ?

Rocky did not command his box stayed on his line looked a soft goal to lose

You answered your own question

You said rocky was rooted to his line for both goals. The first he has nothing to come off his line for, the second there are 8 bodies between him and the ball, all falling over each other, there’s no chance he’s coming through those bodies.

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 10:11 PM

Baresi and Maldini played 196 games as a central defensive partnership and only conceded 26 goals.

Out defence might be poor, but compared to the hearts defence, it's better than Baresi and Maldini.

Sammy7nil
29-02-2020, 11:19 PM
Slice it whatever way you want. They have beaten a team we haven't been able to for some time now twice in a row. If anybody thinks that equates to an easy game for Hibs on Tuesday night then they are kidding themselves ..... whatever the case if they can beat the Huns twice they have it in them to beat us .... the only positive to take from today's result is that any complacency Hibs might have had should be booted well and truly out of the ground.

Slice it this way who have they beat away from tinycastle :greengrin

Crab apple
01-03-2020, 12:07 AM

Exactly. Stendull has only two wins to his name, both against the big huns.

Unseen work
01-03-2020, 12:21 AM
I think hearts winning today will actually be a good thing for us.

It will give our players a bit of a reality check and realise we won’t walk all over them with ease.

It’s a derby and they always raise their game for us. We need to go in, win the battle and dominate the game.

They will press hard and try force mistakes. Hopefully we can take advantage of their defensive frailties and limit the chances they get as were also weak at the back.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2020, 01:27 AM

Erm ... let me think.

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2020, 03:20 AM
You said rocky was rooted to his line for both goals. The first he has nothing to come off his line for, the second there are 8 bodies between him and the ball, all falling over each other, there’s no chance he’s coming through those bodies.
Having had the benefit of watching both goals back the OP is correct Docherty does saunter back but unlikely he is totally to blame as we have chances to clear the danger the ball ends up taking an unlucky deflection off Hanlon og Rocky no chance

The second goal from a corner the HIBS defence allow the ICT players to attack the ball one of them chests the ball down and another flicks the ball home

A soft goal to lose

None of the HIBS defenders including Rocky and SPM cover themselves in glory

We move on to Tuesday

cabbageandribs1875
01-03-2020, 03:41 AM

i get memory lapses as well 😕

except this time

Fuzzywuzzy
01-03-2020, 05:34 AM
They currently seem to think they are world beaters and will pump everyone in their path. From the sounds of the game, McLean was awful and lost the plot and missed sending off diakomona or whatever he's called.

coldingham hibs
01-03-2020, 06:38 AM
The Hearts game was one of the worst I have seen all season. Hearts won because they worked harder, there was absolutely no quality unless you class pumping the ball forward trying to force the opponent back. The goal came from some brutal defending as did any other opportunity they created. Rangers were pitiful.

A derby can go either way but Hearts will need to do the same tactic on a bigger park and I cannot see that working after the energy the just exploited in that game.

Brightside
01-03-2020, 07:09 AM
If we get beat by them it will be down to us being rubbish on the day. That game v Rangers was awful. Rangers started with a team with no Strikers!! No Strikers against the worst team in the league. Its easy to press a team if they have no out ball. Gerrard looks totally out of his depth in a game like that. Boyle, Doidge, McNulty.....all easy out balls and Hearts high press will get murdered. We just have to hope that Jack Ross plays the right system.

Rumble de Thump
01-03-2020, 07:24 AM
If we get beat by them it will be down to us being rubbish on the day. That game v Rangers was awful. Rangers started with a team with no Strikers!! No Strikers against the worst team in the league. Its easy to press a team if they have no out ball. Gerrard looks totally out of his depth in a game like that. Boyle, Doidge, McNulty.....all easy out balls and Hearts high press will get murdered. We just have to hope that Jack Ross plays the right system.

Didn't Greg Stewart start for them?

JimBHibees
01-03-2020, 07:43 AM

Disagree Hearts going through gives us a much better chance of getting to the final.

JimBHibees
01-03-2020, 07:44 AM
No way! We’ve a lot Better chance of beating hearts than beating rangers at hampden! Rangers beating knocked out increases our chances of winning it

Spot on Davy. :aok:

hibbysam
01-03-2020, 07:47 AM
Didn't Greg Stewart start for them?

Exactly his point, he’s not a centre forward and wasn’t in the game at all.

JimBHibees
01-03-2020, 07:47 AM

It was Boyle who didn't track Tremarco. Second was very poor no doubt about it but at 5 1 thankfully wasn't a huge factor in the game.

Scooter
01-03-2020, 08:05 AM
If hearts show that fight and desire on tuesday they could beat us. However if we match them and snuff out Boyce and Naismith then we should win but it's not going to be easy

jacomo
01-03-2020, 08:15 AM

2nd goal our team totally switched off, probably because we were at that time ending them as a club, which seemed a bit harsh.

I’d take 5-1 v Hearts though.

marleyhib
01-03-2020, 08:25 AM
Watched the hi-lights last night and the huns were utterly woeful, shambolic defending throughout and gifted them a goal. The boy who was playing volley ball for the disallowed Hearts goal should have been booked and sent off.

We need to be switched on defensively and prepared for a fight. We are the better team, if we play well we should win but you can never take anything for granted in a derby. I expect Boyler to have sore shins again.

coldingham hibs
01-03-2020, 08:26 AM
Just looking at the line ups from the last Derby at Easter Road. We are likely to have only 3 players in the starting line up that started that game, Hanlon, Stevenson & Allan. Quite a turnaround. Hearts will probably have 5 of the same starting line up.

Ray_
01-03-2020, 08:49 AM
They’ll be well up for Tuesday. We underestimate them and we’re in for disappointment.

Very true, we must be prepared to fight, but to be honest, I think Rangers hate playing on that tight pitch and Hearts tactics won't work as well on a bigger surface.

JeMeSouviens
01-03-2020, 08:55 AM
They currently seem to think they are world beaters and will pump everyone in their path. From the sounds of the game, McLean was awful and lost the plot and missed sending off diakomona or whatever he's called.

With him and Steven Naismith they have both Dikamona and a Moany Dick.

degenerated
01-03-2020, 09:03 AM
Slice it whatever way you want. They have beaten a team we haven't been able to for some time now twice in a row. If anybody thinks that equates to an easy game for Hibs on Tuesday night then they are kidding themselves ..... whatever the case if they can beat the Huns twice they have it in them to beat us .... the only positive to take from today's result is that any complacency Hibs might have had should be booted well and truly out of the ground.Slice it whatever way you want, we've beaten quite a few teams they've not beaten in along time [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibeejeebies
01-03-2020, 10:16 AM
With him and Steven Naismith they have both Dikamona and a Moany Dick.

😁 Enjoying your work JMS.

Weegreenman
01-03-2020, 11:44 AM
Baresi and Maldini played 196 games as a central defensive partnership and only conceded 26 goals.

Out defence might be poor, but compared to the hearts defence, it's better than Baresi and Maldini.

I’m old enough to remember that partnership 😂😂

One Day
01-03-2020, 05:47 PM

Exactly, no matter how bad they are the are always up for it against us. Hibs have to match them.

HendoDelivered
01-03-2020, 10:26 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Jacko
Hanlon

Boyle
Omeomga
Allan
Docherty
Stevenson

Doidge
McNulty

Frankhfc
01-03-2020, 10:45 PM

I don't think for a second that we'll underestimate them. We didn't do that against ICT which was just as well as we had to work very hard against a team that set out to attack us and were agressive in their approach. I think we'll be set up in much the same style against the jambos and we'll be on the front foot from the off. I think we'll win the game comfortably by at least two goals.

01-03-2020, 10:51 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Jacko
Hanlon

Boyle
Omeomga
Allan
Docherty
Stevenson

Doidge
McNulty

Newell for Lewis if fit. A wee headed goal from a corner for Doidge or Jackson.

mca
01-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Very true, we must be prepared to fight, but to be honest, I think Rangers hate playing on that tight pitch and Hearts tactics won't work as well on a bigger surface.

Totally agree, looks like the huns hate a small pitch.. Should we shrink the lines at ER a little bit next time we play ?

Northernhibee
01-03-2020, 11:40 PM
Sometimes a team plays so well they make the other team look worse than they are.

Rangers were just that bad yesterday. Nothing to do with that lot as they were rank rotten too.