PDA

View Full Version : Boyle's caution for simulation - appeal?

H18 SFR
29-02-2020, 06:49 PM
Has there been any chat about an appeal for Boyle's caution for simulation?

I'd hate him to pick up a card in the semi then miss the final etc.

ElginHibbie
29-02-2020, 06:51 PM

Fairly sure they don’t do that for finals anymore, needs to be a red in semi to miss it

lord bunberry

The cards are wiped at the semi final stage so an appeal would be pointless. Otherwise I think we would’ve appealed.

one day maybe...
A yellow does not carry forward into the semi final now

04Sauzee

Dont think he misses the final if he gets booked in the semi, think cards are wiped although i may be wrong.

Billy Whizz
29-02-2020, 07:10 PM
Dont think he misses the final if he gets booked in the semi, think cards are wiped although i may be wrong.

You’re right, that’s the new rule

danhibees1875
29-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Would he even win an appeal?

I've seen it a couple of times and can't really say I'm certain either way. Keating's rescinded yellow was clear and obvious and so was rightly rescinded (at the second attempt) but I think you'd struggle to argue that Boyle was definitely fouled/didn't dive.

H18 SFR
29-02-2020, 07:17 PM
Thanks for clarifying folks.

SuperAllyMcleod
29-02-2020, 09:08 PM
I’m pretty sure there is no appeal system for yellows, only reds.

tamig
29-02-2020, 10:16 PM

I was wondering when this new rule came in that allowed you to appeal yellows. Glad I’m not alone.

Michael
29-02-2020, 10:16 PM

You can appeal yellows for simulation. But as other have said, no need to in this case.

Sir David Gray
29-02-2020, 10:17 PM

I was wondering when this new rule came in that allowed you to appeal yellows. Glad I’m not alone.

You've been allowed to appeal bookings for diving and mistaken identity for several years.

NadeAteMyLunch!
29-02-2020, 10:19 PM

Can now appeal yellows if it’s for diving if there is evidence that it wasn’t actually a dive. Think this rule came in last season or the season before.

tamig
29-02-2020, 10:20 PM
You've been allowed to appeal bookings for diving and mistaken identity for several years.

Fair enough. Just had a look and seen that. Cheers.

matty_f
29-02-2020, 10:22 PM
I think we should appeal it to clear his name. Boyle isn't the sort of player to go down, it should have been a penalty.

Sir David Gray
29-02-2020, 10:23 PM
I think we should appeal it to clear his name. Boyle isn't the sort of player to go down, it should have been a penalty.

Sportscene unanimous in saying it wasn't a penalty so that's probably enough to make an appeal a waste of time.

cabbageandribs1875
29-02-2020, 10:30 PM
does the booking get carried over to next season, might miss an important tie when we start our defence of this seasons cup win :)

assuming he's still here of course 😉

The Harp Awakes
29-02-2020, 10:30 PM
Sportscene unanimous in saying it wasn't a penalty so that's probably enough to make an appeal a waste of time.

Thought it was a pen at the game and having watched it umpteen times on the tv, still think it was a pen.

The Inverness one was a pen too though so honors even. Robbo called it right.

KingPat4
29-02-2020, 10:34 PM
Pretty sure there is no appeal on yellows.

Northernhibee
29-02-2020, 10:35 PM
Thought it was a pen at the game and having watched it umpteen times on the tv, still think it was a pen.

The Inverness one was a pen too though so honors even. Robbo called it right.

Apart from the fact that Lewis wouldn’t have gotten a red card for his foul.

matty_f
29-02-2020, 10:36 PM

There is if it's for simulation or mistaken identity, otherwise no appeal.

Sir David Gray
29-02-2020, 10:39 PM

Please see above.

The rules were changed on this several years ago.

KingPat4
29-02-2020, 10:41 PM
There is if it's for simulation or mistaken identity, otherwise no appeal.

I hope your right. Pity the camera angles were not conclusive. Martin is not a diver and quite frankly I wouldn't blame him if he was. He has a brilliant temperament.

Sir David Gray
does the booking get carried over to next season, might miss an important tie when we start our defence of this seasons cup win :)

assuming he's still here of course 😉

Yellow cards are wiped clean after the quarter finals.

Sir David Gray
I hope your right. Pity the camera angles were not conclusive. Martin is not a diver and quite frankly I wouldn't blame him if he was. He has a brilliant temperament.

He is right.

Smartie
29-02-2020, 10:45 PM
I thought it was a dive when I was at the game, and I was pissed off at him for missing a clear chance.

Haven’t seen it back but I was surprised to hear so many folk say it was a penalty. His touch to take it round the keeper was crap so he tried to win a penalty rather than try to finish what was likely to be a trickier chance.

Frankhfc
29-02-2020, 11:07 PM
I thought it was a dive when I was at the game, and I was pissed off at him for missing a clear chance.

Haven’t seen it back but I was surprised to hear so many folk say it was a penalty. His touch to take it round the keeper was crap so he tried to win a penalty rather than try to finish what was likely to be a trickier chance.

I disagree with you.

Boyler was running at nearly full pelt. The keeper sticking out the leg that was nowhere near the ball clearly presented an unnecessary obstacle causing Boyler to check his run and stumble. It was a clear foul. The keeper knew what he was doing. A stick on penalty. The keeper had no other aim in mind than ensuring Boyler didn't get to the ball that had already past the keeper.

wookie70
29-02-2020, 11:35 PM
Clear pen to me and the ref is basically saying he cheated. You don't want that sticking to a player who is kicked up and down and on moral grounds if I'm Boyler I would want to appeal regardless of it not really having an impact on suspensions.

cabbageandribs1875
29-02-2020, 11:49 PM

👍

JimBHibees
01-03-2020, 07:55 AM
Think it was a pen as goalies foot caught him.

The obvious downside of yellows being wiped at quarter final stage is that all players now know they have a free yellow so to speak in the semi final. Unfortunately we have 2 of the most cynical teams in the semi final also.

Peevemor
01-03-2020, 08:38 AM
The (excellent) pitchside highlights are up on Hibs TV.

Clear penalty.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-03-2020, 08:47 AM

Although Sean Clare still misses the semi. That’s two regulars out for them but they have plenty depth in their squad...all crap mind you but plenty depth.

18Craig75
01-03-2020, 08:51 AM
The (excellent) pitchside highlights are up on Hibs TV.

Clear penalty.

We can use our own footage in any appeal, but not sure if there’s any point. Maybe worth it to clear his name.

Sir David Gray
01-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Although Sean Clare still misses the semi. That’s two regulars out for them but they have plenty depth in their squad...all crap mind you but plenty depth.

Yes if your booking in the quarter final carries you over the threshold then you are suspended for the semi final but if you are eligible for the semi final then the only way you will miss the final is if you get a red card in the semis.

Before the rules changed a few years ago, a player could pick up his second booking of the tournament in the semi final and then be suspended for the final.

JimBHibees
01-03-2020, 09:05 AM
We can use our own footage in any appeal, but not sure if there’s any point. Maybe worth it to clear his name.

Definitely worth it to clear his name and would be publicising it also.

Andy74
02-03-2020, 12:09 PM
I doubt we will do anything about it, but the pitch side camera shows its a clear penalty.

Booked4Being-Ugly
02-03-2020, 12:21 PM
It's a stonelwall penalty, Boyle is scythed down by their keeper.

What player in their right mind would dive after beating the keeper anyway?

hibbyfraelibby
02-03-2020, 01:41 PM
I doubt we will do anything about it, but the pitch side camera shows its a clear penalty.

Waste of time and money. The booking is now irrelevant even if Boyle is booked in Semi it will not stop him playing in the Final... just a destraction and time to move on. Two derby victories to concentrate on

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2020, 01:45 PM
Waste of time and money. The booking is now irrelevant even if Boyle is booked in Semi it will not stop him playing in the Final... just a destraction and time to move on. Two derby victories to concentrate on

It’s only a waste of money if we lose the appeal isn’t it?

hibbyfraelibby
02-03-2020, 01:48 PM
It’s only a waste of money if we lose the appeal isn’t it?

They dont pay us our costs associated with any apoeal...win or lose. As I said previously it is now irrelevant

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2020, 01:50 PM
They dont pay us our costs associated with any apoeal...win or lose. As I said previously it is now irrelevant

Really? So we pay a fee and don’t get it back whether we win or lose?

Only benefit is to clear his name - referees tend to talk and pick up stuff from the highlights; next thing we know he’ll get hacked again and booked for diving again and then they’ll all be calling him a cheat.

Best to stop it before it starts?

JimBHibees
02-03-2020, 02:00 PM

His reputation isn't irrelevant. Don't think it would be a distraction in any way. If we have clear footage that it was a foul we should appeal and get it overturned.

JimBHibees
02-03-2020, 02:03 PM
Really? So we pay a fee and don’t get it back whether we win or lose?

Only benefit is to clear his name - referees tend to talk and pick up stuff from the highlights; next thing we know he’ll get hacked again and booked for diving again and then they’ll all be calling him a cheat.

Best to stop it before it starts?

Absolutely the reason we should appeal.