PDA

View Full Version : Famous Five Lower

Irish_Steve
29-02-2020, 01:26 PM
I was at the game last night and yes, during the second half, the noise did seem greater from the SS (need a different name!)

But one of the things that has been annoying me is people saying, "get it sorted, there`s only ever a few there/part-time supporters and the like"

I think people need to get off the idea that only a few people actually sit in the FFL.

Our next home game after the Derby is against St Johnstone which isn`t the biggest of ties and it`s a fortnight away. There are only109 seats available for purchase in the whole of that stand!

So that means most of the seats actually belong to season ticket holders so it`s not a case of simply moving "a few"

H18 SFR
29-02-2020, 01:40 PM
I was at the game last night and yes, during the second half, the noise did seem greater from the SS (need a different name!)

But one of the things that has been annoying me is people saying, "get it sorted, there`s only ever a few there/part-time supporters and the like"

I think people need to get off the idea that only a few people actually sit in the FFL.

Our next home game after the Derby is against St Johnstone which isn`t the biggest of ties and it`s a fortnight away. There are only109 seats available for purchase in the whole of that stand!

So that means most of the seats actually belong to season ticket holders so it`s not a case of simply moving "a few"

I think your point is fair and accurate. What I believe adds to the general frustration is the season ticket holder non-attendees. I actually believe that because non-attendance is so high, it won't be an issue restructuring who sits there/SS sitting there.

Irish_Steve
29-02-2020, 01:53 PM
I`m not sure what the capacity of the FF Lower is but that still means moving a lot of fans to a different/new section.

And FWIW, I sat there for years with my kids and it was good fun. My kids always loved being close to the players during warm-ups (apart from shooting practice!) and during the game. Even shouting at the opposition players.

And as far as the Club are concerned, they have the money for those seats, are they unduly worried if the holders don`t turn up each week?

I think it was the sense of entitlement some people were coming out with that annoyed me - "Look, there`s no one sitting there, let`s take over that section of the ground" when plainly these are season ticket seats.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 01:55 PM
I`m not sure what the capacity of the FF Lower is but that still means moving a lot of fans to a different/new section.

And FWIW, I sat there for years with my kids and it was good fun. My kids always loved being close to the players during warm-ups (apart from shooting practice!) and during the game. Even shouting at the opposition players.

And as far as the Club are concerned, they have the money for those seats, are they unduly worried if the holders don`t turn up each week?

I think it was the sense of entitlement some people were coming out with that annoyed me - "Look, there`s no one sitting there, let`s take over that section of the ground" when plainly these are season ticket seats.

I don’t think anything was wrong with the SS moving at HT into empty seats? Very different if they done this before kick off, but by HT it was clear they were empty. They used good judgment and considered others may be sitting there first?

Malthibby
29-02-2020, 02:00 PM

I agree that it's disrespectful for Hibbys to dismiss other Hibbys as part-time or whatever, but the FFL is the only part of the ground which regularly presents with multiple spaces - going back to S43 for instance
would be much more difficult because alll the seats are taken by STs. The noise from the Lower was noticeable in a way it's not been when the Singing Section has been upstairs & encouraged other areas (I'm at that end of the East) to join in.
Swapping between Upper & Lower will (I hope) present fewer problems for those having to move, especially if the club handle it sensitively. There's also more chance of the Singing Section growing in the FFL.
GG

Irish_Steve
29-02-2020, 02:03 PM
I don’t think anything was wrong with the SS moving at HT into empty seats? Very different if they done this before kick off, but by HT it was clear they were empty. They used good judgment and considered others may be sitting there first?

No, I didn`t think there was either because the space was there and to be fair, is most week.

I have a problem with some fans wanting to kick other fans out of their seats long-term, we should be in this together

Andy74
29-02-2020, 02:06 PM
I think your point is fair and accurate. What I believe adds to the general frustration is the season ticket holder non-attendees. I actually believe that because non-attendance is so high, it won't be an issue restructuring who sits there/SS sitting there.

It’s not the same seats unused every week. They are also paid for, so yes, you do have pretty much a full bottom tier of sold seats to consider.

Not long ago everyone was getting excited about season ticket numbers going up. I’m in a different part of the ground and always buy an extra ST for my daughter, who rarely attends. I’ve done so since we pretty much had a whole block to ourselves.

If it’s okay with everyone I’ll keep buying it and she’ll keep going only when she can or wants to.

We have to be respectful of people having committed to season tickets and not our those numbers at risk trying to accommodate something else.

foxy
29-02-2020, 02:07 PM

The St Johnstone game is a Hibs Kids game so probably not the best game to see how many people normaly sit in the FFL as Hibs Kids members are able to move from other areas of the stadium with their free tickets and their parents with season tickets are able to move their seats to sit with their children.

Irish_Steve
29-02-2020, 02:14 PM
The St Johnstone game is a Hibs Kids game so probably not the best game to see how many people normaly sit in the FFL as Hibs Kids members are able to move from other areas of the stadium with their free tickets and their parents with season tickets are able to move their seats to sit with their children.

So how come only 109 tickets are free for purchase, all the other seats are greyed out meaning they are season ticket seats or have been sold for the game to non-season ticket holders

I was just trying to show that most of the seats are actually ST seats so moving them around may not be as easy as some people want

foxy
29-02-2020, 02:21 PM
So how come only 109 tickets are free for purchase, all the other seats are greyed out meaning they are season ticket seats or have been sold for the game to non-season ticket holders

I was just trying to show that most of the seats are actually ST seats so moving them around may not be as easy as some people want
Yes what i'm wondering is how many of those seats have been taken up by Hibs Kids with their free tickets and their parents who normally sit in the West & East stands. For your average Cat B game throughout the season there are a hell of a lot more than 109 seats available in FFL 2 weeks before the match is due to take place.

Shrekko
29-02-2020, 02:40 PM
It’s not the same seats unused every week. They are also paid for, so yes, you do have pretty much a full bottom tier of sold seats to consider.

Not long ago everyone was getting excited about season ticket numbers going up. I’m in a different part of the ground and always buy an extra ST for my daughter, who rarely attends. I’ve done so since we pretty much had a whole block to ourselves.

If it’s okay with everyone I’ll keep buying it and she’ll keep going only when she can or wants to.

We have to be respectful of people having committed to season tickets and not our those numbers at risk trying to accommodate something else.

I don’t think it’s black and white either way. ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and do need to be looked after but a solution has to be found here. I’m guessing a lot of the non attendees own seats which actually cost very little. The whole ethos behind the cheap kids tickets are with an eye to the future but there cannot be a stand in Scotland with so many ‘sold’ seats that are unoccupied.

The atmosphere is a big part of what’ll hook people in and help the team but ER has been like a morgue recently even with form picking up. A singing section in the wrong place and an empty bottton tier behind the goal is a problem in that respect.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 03:11 PM
Do we need another thread for this?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?345359-FF-Lower-Singing

Irish_Steve
29-02-2020, 03:17 PM
I was trying to make the point that there are more season ticket holders in the FFL than people in the above thread were suggesting. Some of the comments on that thread were rather aggressive towards the season ticket holders in the FFL, something we don`t need nor should tolerate

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 03:38 PM
I was trying to make the point that there are more season ticket holders in the FFL than people in the above thread were suggesting. Some of the comments on that thread were rather aggressive towards the season ticket holders in the FFL, something we don`t need nor should tolerate

I get your point but the same people that are abusive on that thread are just going to do the same on this one.

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 03:43 PM

Why do since 1875 need a new name?

Your other points are right though. The ffl is nearly sold out, it's just a case that on a weekly basis not all the seats are filled.

Irish_Steve
29-02-2020, 03:53 PM
Why do since 1875 need a new name?

Your other points are right though. The ffl is nearly sold out, it's just a case that on a weekly basis not all the seats are filled.

I meant when you shorten Singing Section you get SS, maybe not the best acronym lol

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 03:54 PM
I meant when you shorten Singing Section you get SS, maybe not the best acronym lol

I know what you were getting at, but their name is since 1875, it's only people on here who seem to refer to them as ss.

SingaporeHibs
29-02-2020, 04:11 PM
It’s clearly a topic that needs dealt with a large dose of diplomacy as I agree with the point that one Hibs fans season ticket (whether used or not) is no more important than another Hibs fans season ticket. However, the club have clear objectives in making match days more appealing and adding atmosphere within the stadium plays an important part in that. Whether that’s the new speaker system or the big screens and digital ribbons etc etc.
Times change and if the FF lower is becoming an area of the ground that’s part of the overall plan to achieve these goals then imo the cheaper kids tickets should be reallocated elsewhere. How thats achieved is a headache the club will need to deal with and IF the family area is moved fans can make the choice to accept the changes or not. I would hope people can make the positive choice.
There really aren’t many areas of ER that offer poor views. Our season ticket numbers are unlikely to grow substantially before the new season so while there is capacity available in the ground is this not the best time to make these changes?
Perhaps Hibs just offer x number of kids season tickets per season which can be taken up anywhere in the stadium along with the paying adult. Is there any real benefit to anyone having ‘families’ in one area? By all accounts the colourful language used in the FF lower isn’t massively different to anywhere else in the stadium so that’s hardly a factor. We no longer have terraces, so that sort of safety doesn’t come into it.
If the FF lower is starting to be considered more prime seat real estate than it likely should be priced at Adult pricing?

Phil MaGlass
29-02-2020, 04:20 PM

This is not a dig at you, but, when she doesnt attend, have you told the club that the seat can be resold?

Personally I think the kids section should be moved to the upper stand, the club needs to generate an atmosphere and it wont do that except for big games, funny thing is , I actually think BTG is a premium spot at ER and is under charged.

Since90+2
29-02-2020, 04:22 PM

Pretty much had the whole block to yourselves? So you did.

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2020, 05:02 PM
It is the same empty seats in a lot of cases. Just watch the highlights back from any game.

Nobody is disputing that the seats have been sold to ST holders. The issue is folk buying the cheap kids ones and never, or rarely, using them thus the huge gaps.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 05:33 PM
I get your point but the same people that are abusive on that thread are just going to do the same on this one.

Keith, there’s not a single abusive post on this thread. You are purposely trolling.

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Agreed.

I know what you were getting at, but their name is since 1875, it's only people on here who seem to refer to them as ss.
Then can everyone make the effort to refer to them as Since 1875 or s1875 instead of something that sounds like a group of Sevco supporters?

hibee-boys
29-02-2020, 09:08 PM
They should align the kids prices to what is charged around the stadium, £100 is not unreasonable for a kids season ticket, circa £5 a game. No need for a family section.

et_hibby
29-02-2020, 09:22 PM
I sit in there, fairly central. Buying an adult, youth and kids ticket. More than happy to move elsewhere if it gives the kind of lift in atmosphere that we saw/heard on Friday. How many seats are the ‘SS’ (sorry) looking to occupy? Half the stand?