PDA

View Full Version : Upper West painted

PatHead
29-02-2020, 12:53 PM
The concourse in the Upper West has been painted. What a difference it makes.

One of the simple improvements being made to the stadium which makes a real difference.

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2020, 12:57 PM
Yup noticed they’d done of it last week.

A nice darkish green instead of breezeblock grey, looked good.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Hopefully this is the start of a new approach of keeping the stadium in good condition.

29-02-2020, 01:27 PM
FFL was painted just after the end of last season.

-Jonesy-
29-02-2020, 02:07 PM
Noticed on telly last night the players lined up in tunnel and there was no lights apart from a bright green LED around the ceiling covering both teams in an almost evil green light. Is that a new thing??

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Noticed on telly last night the players lined up in tunnel and there was no lights apart from a bright green LED around the ceiling covering both teams in an almost evil green light. Is that a new thing??

Been there for a few games. Was like that when we played rangers.

EastThomasSTboy
29-02-2020, 03:51 PM

One of the simple improvements being made to the stadium which makes a real difference.

The Academy has been repainted the same lovely dark green. Big Improvement,:flag:

Scouse Hibee
29-02-2020, 03:54 PM

They have also painted the wooden shelving white.

bod
29-02-2020, 03:59 PM
This thread is useless without pictures

hibeejeebies
29-02-2020, 04:23 PM

Yeah the tunnel looks cracking.

matty_f
29-02-2020, 05:00 PM
The West Upper looked much better for the paint job.

Dashing Bob S
29-02-2020, 05:25 PM

Exactly. It's like a friend havering about a model they got off with.

hibby6270
29-02-2020, 06:39 PM
I take it nobody noticed the paint job until last night?
Unless my eyes deceived me, it had been done for the Livi game last Saturday.:confused:

I wasn’t sure if it was ‘incomplete’ because the emerald green wall was still as it has been now for a number of years but as has been said probably just taking away the greyness of the bare brieze blocks.

PatHead
29-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Exactly. It's like a friend havering about a model they got off with.

Who told you? She was ultra hot just don't tell my wife.

Greencore
29-02-2020, 06:41 PM
That's all the proof I needed that Ron means business.

Mon the painting.

matty_f
29-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Unless my eyes deceived me, it had been done for the Livi game last Saturday.:confused:

I wasn’t sure if it was ‘incomplete’ because the emerald green wall was still as it has been now for a number of years but as has been said probably just taking away the greyness of the bare brieze blocks.

You're right.

Scouse Hibee
29-02-2020, 06:48 PM

In the South end of the West Upper?

hibby6270
29-02-2020, 06:51 PM
In the South end of the West Upper?

I’m in North end of West Upper. Maybe South wasn’t done for last weekend but is now.:agree:

PatHead
29-02-2020, 06:52 PM
I’m in North end of West Upper. Maybe South wasn’t done for last weekend but is now.:agree:

North end definitely wasn't done on Saturday.

Onceinawhile
29-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Ffl has been done all season. Looks smart. Also like the big paintings for the toilet signs.

banchoryhibs
29-02-2020, 08:25 PM
Thank goodness that the new paint job in West Upper did not cover the Lawrie Reilly quote👍
Hopefully more quotes or similar will appear on the remaining blank walls.

dp00
29-02-2020, 09:40 PM
Hopefully we will get the dressing room sorted soon, always been shocked at how basic it is on any tours or in any pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarence
29-02-2020, 09:42 PM

And an accurate Pantone colour reference for paint that was used.

Waxy
29-02-2020, 10:11 PM
I’d love to see the stadium seats dark green.

hibby6270
29-02-2020, 11:40 PM
North end definitely wasn't done on Saturday.

North - West Upper definitely was.:agree:

tonyrougier123
01-03-2020, 01:27 AM

👍agreed

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2020, 01:47 AM
Hopefully we will get the dressing room sorted soon, always been shocked at how basic it is on any tours or in any pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Did a tour about a year ago and I was surprised at how cold and uninviting the home dressing room was, very clinical and more like a bloomin' morgue than a sports team changing room.

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2020, 07:07 AM
Thank goodness that the new paint job in West Upper did not cover the Lawrie Reilly quote👍
Hopefully more quotes or similar will appear on the remaining blank walls.

:agree:

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class!

GreenCastle
01-03-2020, 07:27 AM
I love how we have gone from asking about getting a new PA system and big screen to now sort the changing room and new seat colours.

To be fair it’s a decent point and agree about the changing room - it’s so basic. Didn’t really get the wow factor when I walked in.

The seats being dark green isn’t the worst shout either - key is how they survive the weather and longer term you may want all padded seats.

Leith Green
01-03-2020, 07:32 AM
One area that definitely needs freshened up the outside of the famous five and that end of the east stand. It looks really really bad when you approach up from tamsons way

banchoryhibs
01-03-2020, 07:35 AM
Agreed. Did a tour about a year ago and I was surprised at how cold and uninviting the home dressing room was, very clinical and more like a bloomin' morgue than a sports team changing room.

There could be a good reason to have a spartan dressing room. Leicester Tigers' one is deliberately extremely basic as it's a place where the team focus on the game. No luxuries, just business.
The dressing room at their training centre is top class.

.Sean.
01-03-2020, 07:54 AM
Said this for ages but it would be a substantial outlay