PDA

View Full Version : We're all going to Hampden, nah nah nah nah .. or are we?

NAE NOOKIE
29-02-2020, 12:39 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it our turn out for our last trip to Hampden was nothing short of pathetic, without even having the excuse of a pish kick off time or day or even bad weather to fall back on .... It was woeful.

Whoever the opposition ends up being, even if it is the seemingly domestically invincible Celtic, surely to goodness this time we can manage more .... a lot more .... than the paltry 5,000 or so we scraped together for our last trip ... walking into the stadium that evening and seeing the incredibly poor turnout was nothing short of demoralising for me as a fan, F knows what affect it had on our players.

There has to be a massive effort by the club to push this game as much as they can and by us as a support to back our bloomin' team .... Its one game away from the Scottish cup final FFS.

Since452
29-02-2020, 12:40 PM

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 12:41 PM
:offski:

Billy Whizz
29-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it our turn out for our last trip to Hampden was nothing short of pathetic, without even having the excuse of a pish kick off time or day or even bad weather to fall back on .... It was woeful.

Whoever the opposition ends up being, even if it is the seemingly domestically invincible Celtic, surely to goodness this time we can manage more .... a lot more .... than the paltry 5,000 or so we scraped together for our last trip ... walking into the stadium that evening and seeing the incredibly poor turnout was nothing short of demoralising for me as a fan, F knows what affect it had on our players.

There has to be a massive effort by the club to push this game as much as they can and by us as a support to back our bloomin' team .... Its one game away from the Scottish cup final FFS.

We always take a decent support to a Scottish semi final, it’s just League cup semis that our numbers are lower

Cat Stanton
29-02-2020, 12:43 PM
We always take a decent support to a Scottish semi final, it’s just League cup semis that our numbers are lower

It was also a wretched team under a ***** manager that everyone knew was going to get roundly pumped.

HibeeHibernian4
29-02-2020, 12:44 PM
I really don’t want to cause an argument here but I fear that the fans’ apathy with November’s semi final might cost us a chance at getting half (or even close to half)) of the tickets for our semi final if it’s against one of the gruesome twosome.

JOD
29-02-2020, 12:46 PM

Difference is possible europe place plus as jambos say it is only a Diddy cup. 😉

oneone73
29-02-2020, 12:47 PM
Difference is possible europe place plus as jambos say it is only a Diddy cup. 😉

Plus the weather's better

davhibby
29-02-2020, 12:52 PM
If we were to get Celtic I’d guess we’d manage around 13-15k. A game against St Mirren or Aberdeen would see us take 17/18k

Carheenlea
29-02-2020, 12:53 PM
Scottish Cup and a more positive support will ensure a big Hibs crowd regardless of opposition. The atmosphere surrounding the club as a whole is vastly different now to what it was for last Hampden outing.

stantonhibby
29-02-2020, 01:00 PM

I'm confident we'll take a good support through. Folk have all sorts of reasons for missing games, as i'm sure you do for not attending last night - a home game in the SC QF

29-02-2020, 01:01 PM
I really don’t want to cause an argument here but I fear that the fans’ apathy with November’s semi final might cost us a chance at getting half (or even close to half)) of the tickets for our semi final if it’s against one of the gruesome twosome.

Agree. Did they not hold some blocks back to see how our sales went before giving them to Celtic? If they do something like that again then we can't really complain.

IIRC we negotiated about half the tickets in the 2017 League Cup semi and the order the blocks were put on sale meant unsold seats couldn't then be given to Celtic because of segregation issues? If I am remembering correctly then that'll harm our chances with ticket numbers too.

SideBurns
29-02-2020, 01:04 PM
The semis are the Easter weekend, so inevitably people will be away. I'm down in Blackpool with my laddie's fitba team for a tournament, and within that squad there are about 7 regular attendees at ER who would've went to Hampden otherwise. It's a big tournament so will be others in the same position.

NAE NOOKIE
29-02-2020, 01:04 PM

The only chance of Hibs exceeding 20K for a semi final would be if it was against Hearts. I was thinking 15K plus as being a good turnout, so the half and half argument isn't really an issue. The final is a whole different matter, its played at a neutral venue for a reason and there is absolutely no case to be made for denying any club a 50 / 50 share unless its absolutely clear they couldn't sell 23,000 tickets, which certainly isn't a problem for us. What numbers we have taken to any game just shouldn't be a factor.

Shrekko
29-02-2020, 01:16 PM

Hope so too but we did have a bit more than 5,000 at the LC semi!

weecounty hibby
29-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Me and my boy won't be there, my son is playing in a tournament in Amsterdam that weekend. So 2 ST holders and regulars won't be there sadly. Will definitely be there for the final though!

S4uzee
29-02-2020, 01:31 PM
If we were to get Celtic I’d guess we’d manage around 13-15k. A game against St Mirren or Aberdeen would see us take 17/18k

True ... which doesn’t really make sense as surely people should support their team regardless of opposition

Nicho87
29-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Easy to say now. I refused to go to Hampden at league cup semi final as I had lost total faith in the management team. I expected to get gunned.

Not this time. What a difference a decent manager makes

Alfred E Newman
29-02-2020, 01:49 PM
As long as the 9000 that were there last night get a ticket I'm not fussed.

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2020, 01:52 PM

Exactly...

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 03:57 PM

I don't think we'll need half but you may be right about the SFA's mind's being made up because of the last semi final.

It would be nice to think we could get 15k plus attending for this one.

Since452
29-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Was part of both small league cup semi supports against Celtic. I'll be at this one too. The team (ones that were there) are due us serious pay back for the last semi

DH1875
29-02-2020, 04:17 PM
Oldfrim and we will get somewhere around 12.5k tickets. Anyone else and it'll be a case of as many as we want.

Dashing Bob S
29-02-2020, 05:28 PM

Floodlight glory hunters. Can't do a shift in the pub like the real fans.

NAE NOOKIE
29-02-2020, 08:14 PM
Easy to say now. I refused to go to Hampden at league cup semi final as I had lost total faith in the management team. I expected to get gunned.

Not this time. What a difference a decent manager makes

I expected that we would get humped too ... so what? If I didn't go to support Hibs in every game I thought we would get humped in I would have saved myself a pile of cash over the years.

HibbyDave
29-02-2020, 08:25 PM
To get a better support at the semi..... offer a guaranteed final ticket to all that go the semi.

It’s not as if we don’t know how many tickets we would be entitled to.

Come on Ron it’s a chance to improve the match experience..... win win.

Haymaker
29-02-2020, 08:32 PM
Anyone help me with a ticket for the final when we get there?

Bishop Hibee
29-02-2020, 08:32 PM
The scheduling of the semis on the Easter weekend is poor. There’ll be plenty fans if all teams away on holiday. One if my brothers won’t make it. There should be no games on Easter Sunday of any sort in my opinion.

Captain Trips
29-02-2020, 08:41 PM
It was also a wretched team under a ***** manager that everyone knew was going to get roundly pumped.

Indeed this is night and day almost. Totally different vibe around everything at club only 3/4 months on.

norhfc
29-02-2020, 10:10 PM
To counter fans going away for Easter there are plenty fans that are back for Easter, I’m delighted to get the Celtic at home game and the semi at Hampden...3 tickets needed 👍

givescotlandfreedom
29-02-2020, 11:12 PM
Personally couldn't care if it's the league cuo or Scottish Cup if I can go I'll be there.

monktonharp
29-02-2020, 11:22 PM
The scheduling of the semis on the Easter weekend is poor. There’ll be plenty fans if all teams away on holiday. One if my brothers won’t make it. There should be no games on Easter Sunday of any sort in my opinion.:rolleyes:hope we don't et the Sunday. I might be in church all day, or my neighbours nephew might have a boys club match on that day.

HendoDelivered
29-02-2020, 11:26 PM
Personally couldn't care if it's the league cuo or Scottish Cup if I can go I'll be there.

Same here.

MartinfaePorty
01-03-2020, 06:50 AM
:rolleyes:hope we don't et the Sunday. I might be in church all day, or my neighbours nephew might have a boys club match on that day.Sorry, is that supposed to be funny? Apologies if I'm getting you wrong, but all the good Bishop is saying is that it may stop some people going to the game, as they have commitments with it being the Easter weekend. If it doesn't make any difference to you, then great. As for me, I'll be there, but if it's the Sunday I'm sure my wife would rather I'd not go to the game and have lunch with her and the in-laws.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Superfurry72
01-03-2020, 07:20 AM
The scheduling of the semis on the Easter weekend is poor. There’ll be plenty fans if all teams away on holiday. One if my brothers won’t make it. There should be no games on Easter Sunday of any sort in my opinion.

Agree totally with this. I’m going to have to cancel family plans to go...and I live 5 mins from Hampden!

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 09:11 AM
:rolleyes:hope we don't et the Sunday. I might be in church all day, or my neighbours nephew might have a boys club match on that day.

Correct.

Individual fans will each make their own decision about what is important to them. There isn't a weekend in the calendar that some of our support can't make that particular game despite being there most weeks.

Kojock
01-03-2020, 09:16 AM
These type of threads do nothing for supporter harmony and rapidly descend into petty bickering.

Going to matches is an individual choice. If folk don't want to go to certain games let’s respect that. They shouldn’t have to come on here and justify their non attendance.

KingPat4
01-03-2020, 09:42 AM
If it's Hearts then it should be at Murrayfield. The same, if we meet them in the final.

:flag:

Billy Whizz
01-03-2020, 09:43 AM
If it's Hearts then it should be at Murrayfield. The same, if we meet them in the final.

:flag:

No thanks

KingPat4
01-03-2020, 09:47 AM
No thanks

Why?

I really don't think that the fact that the stadium is in the west of the city makes any difference or gives them any advantage.

All the more sweeter when we horse them, too.

:yw::yw::yw:

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 09:47 AM
These type of threads do nothing for supporter harmony and rapidly descend into petty bickering.

Going to matches is an individual choice. If folk don't want to go to certain games let’s respect that. They shouldn’t have to come on here and justify their non attendance.

:top marks

Billy Whizz
01-03-2020, 09:53 AM
Why?

I really don't think that the fact that the stadium is in the west of the city makes any difference or gives them any advantage.

All the more sweeter when we horse them, too.

:yw::yw::yw:

Apart from it’s not a football stadium, we’d be paying a large chunk to SRU
Just my view Pat

KingPat4
01-03-2020, 10:08 AM
Just my view Pat

Fair enough. With you on the SRU point, but would love us to beat them in Edinburgh.

marinello59
01-03-2020, 10:21 AM
Fair enough. With you on the SRU point, but would love us to beat them in Edinburgh.

Let’s play them at Leith links then . 😃

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 10:32 AM
It would be nice to add some colour to the occasion, maybe work out some way to hand out flags to all the kids or something like that.

KingPat4
01-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Let’s play them at Leith links then . 😃

I'd be up for that!

:agree:

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 12:13 PM
Just my view Pat

The SRU rent would be more than covered by the extra capacity. Playing at Murrayfield would also mean less travel for most of the fans of both clubs which is a benefit both environmentally and for convenience.

That said, it won't happen because the SFA is blinkered. In addition there is the fact that, having purchased Hampden, they need it to be used.

basehibby
01-03-2020, 01:08 PM

I'm not the slightest bit ashamed in stating that I didn't go to Hamden last time out because I thought with the performances the team was turning in we had absolutely zero chance of progressing - it seemed at the time that the team could not be arsed and therefore neither could I. I'm happy to say this time round that I intend to be there come rain or shine and will fancy our chances regardless of who comes out of the hat!