PDA

View Full Version : Attacking football

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 09:35 AM
We have scored at least 2 goals in 14 of Jack Ross' first 20 games in charge. Long may it continue (with an improved defence to boot :greengrin)

Hibee Mac
29-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Night and day from Paul Secondbottom

Since452
29-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Night and day from Paul Secondbottom

All about confidence. We played some great stuff under Hecky at times this season but yes, big improvement under Ross.

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 10:36 AM
We have scored at least 2 goals in 14 of Jack Ross' first 20 games in charge. Long may it continue (with an improved defence to boot :greengrin)

Fix the defence in the summer, keep McNulty and Docherty and the future's bright.

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2020, 11:22 AM
All about confidence. We played some great stuff under Hecky at times this season but yes, big improvement under Ross.

I must have missed that great stuff under Hecky?? To me it was boring one paced and turgid.

Last season initially was OK but this season was brutal kn the eye

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2020, 11:24 AM
I must have missed that great stuff under Hecky?? To me it was boring one paced and turgid.

Last season initially was OK but this season was brutal kn the eye

:agree: Secondbottom never had a clue how to win a football match, its night and day in style too. :top marks

H18 SFR
29-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Fix the defence in the summer, keep McNulty and Docherty and the future's bright.

I think we can do better than McNulty.

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-02-2020, 12:19 PM

I think McNulty will get better with consistent game time, a bit like Doidge.

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Docherty has been massive, he’s as close as we’ve come to a SJM in our midfield. Would love to add him permanently to the team. Will be an interesting summer ahead, especially if we stick to the 3-5-2 formation.

Steve88
29-02-2020, 12:25 PM
3-5-2 formation. it's just the HIBS way to play

You may score 3... but we'll score 4!!

H18 SFR
29-02-2020, 12:28 PM
3-5-2 formation. it's just the HIBS way to play

You may score 3... but we'll score 4!!

Not going to lie, I find it very exciting and entertaining. My only concern is I'm going into games thinking that we need to score three here to win the game.

Steve88
29-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Not going to lie, I find it very exciting and entertaining. My only concern is I'm going into games thinking that we need to score three here to win the game.

This is how everyone around me at the game feels so you're not alone :greengrin

Stress take years off your life though :greengrin

Stevie Reid
29-02-2020, 12:38 PM

McNulty has 12 goals in 25 starts for Hibs overall. His scoring only dropped off last season when PH started isolating him up front. He still worked hard, but had no real service, or anyone to link with.

Not ruling out the possibility that we could sign another striker that scores good numbers, but I certainly am not that confident. McNulty is a clever player, with more to his game than just goals if played in a front two.

Been some nice things between him and Doidge since he arrived, that understanding will only improve over time. He seems to enjoy being here as well, which is obviously important.

Doidge and McNulty are both 27, and should be entering their peak years now. They have 218 career goals between them, both averaging about a goal every two games. If we could get them playing together for a couple of full seasons I would be absolutely delighted. Would fancy them for 15-20 a season each.

Still think him and Doc will be beyond our reach, but with Ron around there may be a chance.

mjhibby
29-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Some of the attacking play took me back to the sauzee,latapy,zitelli time. Just brilliant to watch and clinical. Thought Doidge had a great game too. He's turning into some signing and boyler unplayable.