PDA

View Full Version : The Last Edinburgh Derby for at least a season?

TimeForHeroes16
29-02-2020, 05:34 AM
Will this be the last Edinburgh derby for at least one season?

Providing we don’t crumble and slip into the bottom 6 how many of you think this will be the last one for not only this season but next?

I for one think it will be and can’t wait to stick a nail in there coffin on Tuesday, I’ I say it at every derby we are DUE to skelp them. It’s not happened in a while and this is the one, if this was the other way which in our history it has happened they’ve stuck the boot in where it hurts. We need to capitalise and do the same it’s our time hibees we’re in store for a grand old pumping.

And let’s hope we don’t see them again for many years HAIL HAIL

Onion
29-02-2020, 08:05 AM
Yams will be up for this one, aiming to claim bragging rights while they crash into oblivion. It’s all that matters to those chumps.

Scouse Hibee
29-02-2020, 08:07 AM
They won’t be relegated so last one for this season is about right.

berwickhibee
29-02-2020, 08:09 AM
They won’t be relegated so last one for this season is about right.

They will squirm out of it but we can make sure they sweat a bit more by giving them nowt on Tuesday. 💚

Hibs90
29-02-2020, 08:50 AM
I've just received this belter of a text this morning

"Watched the game last night, HOOF. 12 minutes of lumping the ball up that disgrace of a pitch!! BBC Hibs bias again with them slavering over them. Just you wait till Tues and Stendels high press will rip you apart HHGH"

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

The best part is, this text is completely unprovoked. Someone is raging.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 08:58 AM
I have a feeling that they'll stay up.

I realise recent results don't back that up, but them slimy B's seem to get away with everything.

Sir David Gray
29-02-2020, 09:11 AM
I genuinely think they will be relegated.

They have won 3 league games in 11 months and are currently 6 points from complete safety.

We could get them in the cups next season though.

Pagan Hibernia
29-02-2020, 10:02 AM
We’ve been here before...

fair enough we are 100% not getting relegated ourselves this season but the potential for egg on face is still there

They could stay up and win the cup, beating us in the process. Not likely but nothing’s impossible and I’d never put anything past that lot

DH1875
29-02-2020, 10:05 AM

fair enough ugh we are 100% not getting relegated ourselves this season but the potential for egg on face is still there

They could stay up and win the cup, beating us in the process. Not likely but nothing’s impossible and I’d never put anything against that lot
Yip we've been here before and it did not end well. Lesson learned.

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2020, 10:05 AM

fair enough ugh we are 100% not getting relegated ourselves this season but the potential for egg on face is still there

They could stay up and win the cup, beating us in the process. Not likely but nothing’s impossible and I’d never put anything against that lot

Jeezo u must be a riot at a party mate?? Cheer up.

Ps there is absolutely no danger of them winning the cup this season

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 10:21 AM
If we beat them Tuesday and Motherwell beat them on the weekend, and St Mirren beat St Johnstone on Wednesday for good measure (all likely scenarios), then Hearts would go to St Mirren Park on the 11th of March already 9 points behind the Buddies, with the potential for it go to 12 points if they lost.

By that point, there'd be just 8 games left in the season, they could possibly get through the playoffs and survive, but I don't think there would be much chance of them finishing higher than 11th.

Up to us to start this on Tuesday!

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 11:31 AM
I've just received this belter of a text this morning

"Watched the game last night, HOOF. 12 minutes of lumping the ball up that disgrace of a pitch!! BBC Hibs bias again with them slavering over them. Just you wait till Tues and Stendels high press will rip you apart HHGH"

:faf: :faf: :faf: :faf:

The best part is, this text is completely unprovoked. Someone is raging.

Excessive alcohol and texting don't mix.

Drugs are a bad idea anyway.

And now we see what happens when you combine all three.

SideBurns
29-02-2020, 11:39 AM
Some folk obviously haven't learned the lessons of the 'relegation derby'. History suggests it will be a tight affair and narrow victory for either team or a draw. I'll be delighted and relieved if we win, and will keep any crowing until after the final whistle!

WhileTheChief..
29-02-2020, 12:16 PM
I think they’re nailed on certainties to be relegated.

The players never know what they’re meant to be doing, waving their arms around and shouting at each other.

They now laugh at their manager in training and have realised he’s not got a clue.

Add in to this that half of them will be away in the summer and it’s easy to see why they don’t give a damn. Decent wages for a few more months then they’ll bolt.

They won’t have 30 points by the end of the season.

Keyser Sauzee
29-02-2020, 03:41 PM
I was told last night if the hearts game is a draw today then the derby is rescheduled?

makaveli1875
29-02-2020, 03:43 PM
I was told last night if the hearts game is a draw today then the derby is rescheduled?

Yes but theyre going to get skelped tonight so wont matter

Speedy
29-02-2020, 03:43 PM

Correct. Hope it doesn't happen. Often miss midweek games but I can actually make this one.

CloudSquall
29-02-2020, 03:45 PM
"Hearts are staying up, knocking us out the cup, and winning it in the process of doing so".

Is a gimp suit required before posting about Hearts on here?

The absolute bedwetting that goes on about a Hearts side with what must be the worst or near worst league record in umpteen years is unreal.

We turn up focused on Tuesday and we run through them like Ghengis Khan ran through Asia.

hibbyfraelibby
29-02-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Derby of the season? Nah...last of the decade.

Sir David Gray
29-02-2020, 03:54 PM

Correct, the replay would be on Wednesday.

RoYO!
29-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Too much negativity in the support. Transfers onto the pitch. Bit of swagger and spot on mindset please and we do them.

Lago
29-02-2020, 04:07 PM
If we beat them Tuesday and Motherwell beat them on the weekend, and St Mirren beat St Johnstone on Wednesday for good measure (all likely scenarios), then Hearts would go to St Mirren Park on the 11th of March already 9 points behind the Buddies, with the potential for it go to 12 points if they lost.

By that point, there'd be just 8 games left in the season, they could possibly get through the playoffs and survive, but I don't think there would be much chance of them finishing higher than 11th.

Up to us to start this on Tuesday!
A lot of ifs there. 😊

29-02-2020, 04:13 PM
Correct, the replay would be on Wednesday.

On the radio last week they said midweek 10th/11th was to be kept free in case of a replay but they've now rearranged the St Mirren game for the 11th. They should have waited until after today's game before arranging the St Mirren date and would have avoided potentially messing around us and their own fans if we have to now move the derby.

Brummie_Hibs
29-02-2020, 04:20 PM
If we crush Hearts...a 4 or 5 goal skelping, then all hope for them will be lost.

A win for them will invigorate them.

Down to youse Hibs to do the right thing.

HibeeHibernian4
29-02-2020, 04:25 PM
On the radio last week they said midweek 10th/11th was to be kept free in case of a replay but they've now rearranged the St Mirren game for the 11th. They should have waited until after today's game before arranging the St Mirren date and would have avoided potentially messing around us and their own fans if we have to now move the derby.

Rangers would’ve still been in Europa League action on the 12th so that wouldn’t have mattered sadly.

cabbageandribs1875
29-02-2020, 04:29 PM
at least another 3 or 4 derbies next year

as football fans we want that,right ?

ask our club treasurer if you're not sure 😉😊

Sir David Gray
29-02-2020, 04:37 PM

It would have been the 10th or 11th and the St Mirren v Hearts game would have been rearranged. However Rangers will be playing in the Europa League that week which is why it would be played this midweek.

PatHead
29-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Might get another one at Hampden

Haymaker
29-02-2020, 11:38 PM
I genuinely think they will be relegated.

They have won 3 league games in 11 months and are currently 6 points from complete safety.

We could get them in the cups next season though.

We will definitely get them, away, scottish cup 4th round.

HendoDelivered
01-03-2020, 01:02 AM

fair enough we are 100% not getting relegated ourselves this season but the potential for egg on face is still there

They could stay up and win the cup, beating us in the process. Not likely but nothing’s impossible and I’d never put anything past that lot

Correct. Too many folk jumping the gun.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2020, 08:40 AM
I think they'll find it hard but they might have enough to get past Hamilton and do ICT in the play-offs.

Cataplana
01-03-2020, 08:47 AM
Correct. Too many folk jumping the gun.

A game at a time for Hibs. It was good to see Scott Allan wasn't sure if the next round was the quarters or the semis.

G B Young
04-03-2020, 07:46 AM
On last night's evidence I'd say there's now a good chance that there will be two more derbies to come this season - and a very good chance we'll lose them both.

Joe6-2
04-03-2020, 08:06 AM
I have a feeling that they'll stay up.

I realise recent results don't back that up, but them slimy B's seem to get away with everything.

If we are bottom six, that’s another three points for them!