PDA

View Full Version : Omeonga

makaveli1875
28-02-2020, 09:44 PM
Surely has to start on tuesday

He brought a load of energy and was getting on the ball and runni g at them and that goal was the pick of the bunch for me right in the top corner

Hibernian Verse
28-02-2020, 09:46 PM
If you watch the highlights back on BBC the goalie says "wow" when it hits the net.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
28-02-2020, 09:46 PM
He was good but TBF the game was done and ICT were dead on their feet with their last game catching up with them.

No objection if he starts though.

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Some finish like!

Crab apple
28-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Great finish. Came on at the right time.

Vault Boy
28-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Will very likely start ahead of Whittaker, who is used sparingly (wisely). Certainly hope so anyway, he's a baller and that goal was befitting his quality. Love the guy.

Lancs Harp
28-02-2020, 09:50 PM
That goal was a thing of beauty.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Don’t think he will play Tuesday. Whitty was taken off when he was for a reason IMO.

Heisenberg
28-02-2020, 09:59 PM
Don’t think he will play Tuesday. Whitty was taken off when he was for a reason IMO.

I thought the exact same. He’s a guaranteed starter on Tuesday imo.

roo62
28-02-2020, 10:04 PM
Great goal and work rate as always from Omeonga. Whitaker absolutely strolled through the game with his experience. Choices eh... good problem to have at the moment. Midfield options are exciting just now.Ross managing the changes well too.

Irish_Steve
28-02-2020, 10:04 PM
To me it looked like Whitty had run out of steam, he was just walking back from an attack, maybe a wee injury? However, I don`t think he has it in his legs anymore for another game so quickly

Hibee Mac
28-02-2020, 10:08 PM

Surely you could also say that Whittaker played today to give Omeonga (or probably Slicks in all honesty) a rest ahead of Tuesday.

Would like to see Omeonga start

JohnM1875
28-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Mental he didn't start tonight. The guy is class and so far ahead of our recent starters (Slivka and Whitts (who I appreciate) it's unreal.

Only chance we have of signing him permanently for next season is if he plays.

Greenbeard
28-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Heel snapper. Forces the opposition to turn back and prevents them getting forward. Whits has been doing ok, apart from one sloppy moment this eve which could have led to a goal, but I'd rather see SO start, then maybe Whitts on for the last 20 when we are 3 up and just want to control the game.

The Spaceman
28-02-2020, 10:24 PM
Love the wee man and he loves us too. That goal will have meant the world to him and what a way to score your first for zee Hibees 💚

tonyrougier123
28-02-2020, 10:27 PM
Love wee steph!!💚💜💚💜💚

CapitalGreen
28-02-2020, 10:49 PM

Whittaker was blowing out his arse when he got taken off.

brydekirk
28-02-2020, 11:16 PM
Love the guy 👍

Mibbes Aye
28-02-2020, 11:18 PM
I thought it was a great timed sub. We know he brings pace and movement and a fair bit of skill and touch. Exactly what was needed to pile the pressure on ICT.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 11:23 PM
Surely you could also say that Whittaker played today to give Omeonga (or probably Slicks in all honesty) a rest ahead of Tuesday.

Would like to see Omeonga start

Whittaker has been brought in for the big games since the break. Utd home and away. Ibrox. Quarter final. Ross obviously likes his experience, think he’ll play on Tuesday.

Omeonga hasn’t been playing so doesn’t need a rest. Slivka hasn’t played much either.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 11:25 PM
Whittaker was blowing out his arse when he got taken off.

Didn’t see that to be honest. Didn’t think he was great tonight but nothing to do with being knackered.

Smartie
28-02-2020, 11:28 PM
I’d start Omeonga on Tuesday but Whittaker would be ideal for putting his foot on the ball in midfield if we’re defending a narrow lead late in the game on Tuesday.

Kaff
28-02-2020, 11:37 PM
I’d start Omeonga on Tuesday but Whittaker would be ideal for putting his foot on the ball in midfield if we’re defending a narrow lead late in the game on Tuesday.

I'm the opposite but a big Omeonga fan so fully appreciate your point, I think Steph comes on and can affect a game straight away so my position would be to start with SW, who is a great attacking presence as well as protecting the defence, and then you can bring on Steph to either increase the energy as an attacking force or his closing down and hassling to see the game out.
Tbh I think the choice could be as simple as picking SW due to his height defending set pieces, he's good in the air and defensively switched on so I wouldn't be surprised that we start with him for that reason although I don't necessarily agree with it it's definitely in many managers thought process

wpj
28-02-2020, 11:49 PM
That smile lights up ER, what a wonderful player. I hope he has that big grin on Tuesday and beyond

Deansy
28-02-2020, 11:54 PM
Surely has to start on tuesday

He brought a load of energy and was getting on the ball and runni g at them and that goal was the pick of the bunch for me right in the top corner

Totally agree - we need his bite and determination, along with his undeniable class & style !

Carheenlea
29-02-2020, 12:00 AM
I just think Omeonga`s style is quite suited to a derby environment. Whittaker brings a lot of experience which won`t go amiss, but the thinking will probably come down to how we see Hearts taking the game to us. I suspect Whittaker will be getting the nod for Tuesday night.

DavidDavidGray
29-02-2020, 12:20 AM
His first ever professional goal. I am buzzing that he’s scored for us, delighted for the boy. Cult hero.

The Tubs
29-02-2020, 01:23 AM
His first ever professional goal. I am buzzing that he’s scored for us, delighted for the boy. Cult hero.

It was the most satisfying goal of the night.

Unseen work
29-02-2020, 01:23 AM
Brilliant finish.

Thought he was a lot better in possession tonight than previous games too and was running at the opposition really well.

Mr Grieves
29-02-2020, 02:15 AM
That ****ing goal, man. Textbook example showing my son how to place the ball

Vault Boy
29-02-2020, 03:16 AM
Genoa still in a relegation spot and Steph has a relegation clause. 🤤

TimeForHeroes16
29-02-2020, 04:26 AM
Did anyone hear his and Gullans post match interview?

“ Since coming here I’ve not lost a derby and I’m not going to start”

He is like a mini Marvin Bartley came in with no connection to the club, mucks in and gives us that heart and steel and had totally taking to the club and fans.

I’m no professional and GM does a great job, but this should be a vital part of the recruitment. Obviously the players needs to have talent as well but he should almost have feel like he’s in a interview before signing, they should feel as if they have to sell them selfs to sign. It’s just a pleasure to see us for once speaking and walking with a swagger in this city and long may it continue

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2020, 06:21 AM

Aye I thought that too...Whittaker will start Tues

Coach Jon
29-02-2020, 06:26 AM
The last league game we allowed Livingston too much time on the ball because we had too many players standing off them especially in midfield. The game was crying out for Omeonga to add some energy and drive,but he was inexplicably left on the bench, this cost us a victory in my opinion.
When Omeonga plays, he normally initiates the press and others follow, seems to lift the whole team.
Against Hearts it will be high tempo which suits his game, unlike players like Whittaker and Slivka who need more time.
So for me Omeonga has start on Tuesday.

hibsbollah
29-02-2020, 06:39 AM
I think Omeonga is the kind of dynamic presence we need in derby games. I hope he starts.

neil7908
29-02-2020, 07:08 AM
I think Omeonga is the kind of dynamic presence we need in derby games. I hope he starts.

Agreed. Jack Ross has done really well since he's come in but I've been surprised that Omeonga and Hallberg are finding themselves out of the team.

Whittaker has huge amounts of experience but for me you need players with energy and drive in these kind of games.

Robbo6-2
29-02-2020, 07:26 AM
Hes a brilliant player and should be playing every week.

Since452
29-02-2020, 07:28 AM
Omeonga's goal was a thing of beauty. I Jack wants to use him off the bench I trust him.

Carheenlea
29-02-2020, 08:09 AM
Seems to be a lot of good camaraderie on social media between the squad which is always good to see. Stephane gets Hibs and it just feels like this club is a perfect fit for him.