Hibby soldier
28-02-2020, 09:50 PM
Another shocker from our captain.......

Potty78
28-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Why? Apart from his pen he was fine🤔

Vault Boy
28-02-2020, 09:53 PM
Couldn't do anything with the deflection for the OG. Was fine throughout. You say 'another' as if it's really common, biggest myth going.

Win 5-2 in a wonderful performance and this is the thread you choose to start? 🤔

PH91
28-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Absolutely class tonight, pen aside obviously.

Diclonius
28-02-2020, 09:55 PM
Yawn.

cameronw-hfc
28-02-2020, 09:55 PM
Thought he played like a man possessed till half time after his pen miss and was solid second half

Bostonhibby
28-02-2020, 09:57 PM
Good shift from him, looking forward to him captaining us against the thieves on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
28-02-2020, 09:58 PM

How to tell someone knows sod all about football in one message.

Dalianwanda
28-02-2020, 09:59 PM

I wasnt at the game, what were the main SHOCKING features?

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 10:00 PM
FFS. I know everyone's supposedly entitled to their opinion, I just wish that sometimes they'd keep it to themselves.

bigwheel
28-02-2020, 10:01 PM

The only shocker tonight is your post ....

berwickhibee
28-02-2020, 10:01 PM

Utter tripe you are talking. Led the team superbly and instigated loads of attacks.

hfc rd
28-02-2020, 10:05 PM

What game were you watching because it surely wasn’t tonight’s one

surreyhibbie
28-02-2020, 10:07 PM

Sniff sniff!

dp00
Utter tripe you are talking. Led the team superbly and instigated loads of attacks.

Missed 3 last penalty’s and showed baws to stand up and put it right .... if he had scored we would have been praising him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
You'd have to actually know zero about football to think he had a bad game tonight. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Oscar T Grouch
28-02-2020, 10:09 PM

:troll:

surreyhibbie
28-02-2020, 10:11 PM
You'd have to actually know zero about football to think he had a bad game tonight. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

You mean, like a Jambo?

:agree:

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2020, 10:12 PM
You mean, like a Jambo?

That's my thinking.

The 90+2
28-02-2020, 10:16 PM
He had a better second half and well done for composing himself.

People can have opinions without being called Jambos even though why you would want to start a thread on it as we are in the Scottish Semi (again) is beyond me.

The 90+2
28-02-2020, 10:18 PM
That's my thinking.

Why would a hearts fan have the brass neck to come on a Hibs forum and have a go at the player that completely turned the tables in the sliding doors moment at Tynie that time, since his equaliser that day we are the best team (not just club) in Edinburgh and they are bottom of the table and are absolute pap?

jacomo
28-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Why? Apart from his pen he was fine🤔

Lago
28-02-2020, 10:21 PM
In what way?

ACLeith
Apart from a couple of dodgy passes out from the back he was excellent, well over his poor spell. The penalty? He showed leadership by insisting on taking it, unfortunately......

Hibee Mac
What a pish thread. We just won 5-2 FFS.

For what it's worth I'm glad he stood forward and took that penalty as it's the kind of character I want to see from a captain. McNulty would have missed anyway.

truehibernian
28-02-2020, 10:23 PM
Never mind Hanlon, who did well after missing the penalty, how composed is Jackson, and a threat too - his goals to games ratio is excellent for a centre half. Good partnership :aok:

surreyhibbie
28-02-2020, 10:25 PM
Why would a hearts fan have the brass neck to come on a Hibs forum and have a go at the player that completely turned the tables in the sliding doors moment at Tynie that time, since his equaliser that day we are the best team (not just club) in Edinburgh and they are bottom of the table and are absolute pap?

Check previous posts, he/she is very negative...

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 10:32 PM
Check previous posts, he/she is very negative...As is 90+2.

Pete70
28-02-2020, 10:33 PM
Haters gonna hate

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2020, 10:39 PM

Stop trolling.

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 10:45 PM

:faf:

Smartie
28-02-2020, 11:09 PM

Hope you get dunked in an egg in the morning...

The 90+2
28-02-2020, 11:33 PM
As is 90+2.

Check the leader of the prediction thread. I won’t expect an apology 🙄

Borderhibbie76
28-02-2020, 11:35 PM

Have a word with yourself

The 90+2
28-02-2020, 11:35 PM
Check previous posts, he/she is very negative...

Never noticed the poster before tbh.

.Sean.
28-02-2020, 11:43 PM
His pen was pish but then again so have recent efforts from golden boys MM and Allan. He was class penalty miss aside. Also think you should give the OP a break as he’s he’s had two years of kidding himself on that Christophe Berra and John Souttar are half decent.

The 90+2
29-02-2020, 12:22 AM
His pen was pish but then again so have recent efforts from golden boys MM and Allan. He was class penalty miss aside. Also think you should give the OP a break as he’s he’s had two years of kidding himself on that Christophe Berra and John Souttar are half decent.

McNulty has been anonymous since his return. Allan was fantastic tonight.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-02-2020, 12:28 AM

Discarding the hat trick in a previous round , and brilliant assist tonight? Away

Not In The Know
29-02-2020, 01:05 AM
Shut the **** up. I have never been his biggest fan but I loved it when he took responsibility for the pen. Bit more aggression like that in his game earlier in his career and he would be playing at a higher level.

interesting comment from jack after the game implied that he might have been trying to gee a few players up with similar motivational tools.

The 90+2
29-02-2020, 01:11 AM
Discarding the hat trick in a previous round , and brilliant assist tonight? Away

Against a boys club and an assist for a player to score goals? He’s been very poor in general since return. No idea how you can even argue against that, even he knows he has been.

The 90+2
29-02-2020, 01:14 AM
Shut the **** up. I have never been his biggest fan but I loved it when he took responsibility for the pen. Bit more aggression like that in his game earlier in his career and he would be playing at a higher level.

interesting comment from jack after the game implied that he might have been trying to gee a few players up with similar motivational tools.

Hanlon obviously reads .net and decided to take the ball off our forward and made a fool of himself. He then got ripped to shreds off the Caley player as he hit the post. If you’re going to grab the ball off a forward you have to then take a decent penalty, even when partied out a decent finisher would have tucked the rebound away.

MagicSwirlingShip
29-02-2020, 07:21 AM
Against a boys club and an assist for a player to score goals? He’s been very poor in general since return. No idea how you can even argue against that, even he knows he has been.

Hat-trick against BCS
One against Ross County
Assist last night...

Not anonymous by any means then. Cheers

B.H.F.C
29-02-2020, 07:26 AM

He’s not been brilliant, but certainly not been very poor.

He’s playing a part in a team that are scoring plenty goals and starting to win most games. Him and Doidge set up 3 out of 5 goals last night so they’re offering plenty even when not scoring.

TimeForHeroes16
29-02-2020, 07:30 AM
It’s hard to see him now becoming the scape goat, even Lewis to a extent as well. Yes Hanlon now I feel is a little bit of a liability he’s turned far to easy for a bit strong boy, and Lewis Mr dependable he’s slowly on a decline to, there not done but this is there last season as starters. They are more than capable squad players we shouldn’t and we won’t let them go.

All I would say is enjoy them the rest of the season as we’re are going to start seeing less of these LEGENDS I think all of the rear guard Gray, Hanlon, McGregor, Stevenson game time will be limited after this year. They have been huge personalities and the reason we have got these memories and they’ve given us the foundations to go and progress. Appreciate them while it last lads and gals even if there is a few mistakes here and there they’ve done enough for us to deserve a bit of slack.

It’s was all because of you💚

Brightside
29-02-2020, 08:14 AM

Are you ok?

Brightside
29-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Hanlon obviously reads .net and decided to take the ball off our forward and made a fool of himself. He then got ripped to shreds off the Caley player as he hit the post. If you’re going to grab the ball off a forward you have to then take a decent penalty, even when partied out a decent finisher would have tucked the rebound away.

You need to stay off the drink boy.

Aldo
29-02-2020, 08:18 AM

Last night you mentioned Hanlon had been poor (or words to that effect) however barring his goal I thought at time Scotty was poor. Have the ball away constantly in the first half yet you were happy to slate PH.

MM’s running and movement has been excellent. It didn’t come off for him tonight. I really do expect him to start on Tuesday.

Aldo
29-02-2020, 08:20 AM
As for the OP.... does anyone remember the Hagar the Horrible Skol ad??? I’ve change the words

Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll.......

superfurryhibby
29-02-2020, 08:20 AM
Never noticed the poster before tbh.

Too busy focussing on your own game, lol.

SMAXXA
29-02-2020, 08:29 AM
Was actually thinking last night he missed a pen and scored an OG but he played well.

Hibby soldier
29-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Hahahahahaha - did not realise Hibs were followed by so many idiots....

HANLON is crap.........

bigwheel
29-02-2020, 09:28 AM

HANLON is crap.........

It’s great to have Pochettino on .net for top quality football analysis [emoji106]

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2020, 09:29 AM

HANLON is crap.........

:faf:

Stop doing drugs

easty
29-02-2020, 09:31 AM

HANLON is crap.........

Utterly clueless

stantonhibby
29-02-2020, 09:36 AM

HANLON is crap.........

Mind the gap

Brightside
29-02-2020, 09:40 AM
hahahahahaha - did not realise hibs were followed by so many idiots....

Hanlon is crap.........

ltyf

SquashedFrogg
29-02-2020, 09:50 AM

HANLON is crap.........

You'd love someone like Hanlon in your team right now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-02-2020, 09:50 AM

HANLON is crap.........

Lol. If your lot had Hanlon rather than Berra things might not be so grim?

Wee Effen Bee
29-02-2020, 09:52 AM

HANLON is crap.........

WTAF? Hanlon has been very good of late and is one of the reasons Hibs are playing better football. He has been up there for MOTM in quite a few matches. But, then again, I don’t think you’re very well.

Barman Stanton
29-02-2020, 09:57 AM

HANLON is crap.........

Odd way for a supposed Hibee to talk. Hanlon would walk into your Hearts team.

MacGruber
29-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Not a direct reply to anyones opinion on this but as I was watching the game one of my thoughts was that Paul Hanlon was having a stormer and how much playing left of the back 3 suited him.

What particularly caught the eye was him driving out of defence Efe style and keeping going past the midfield on the overlap. Must have had a wee chuckle about 4 or 5 times when he kept popping up at the bye line and in the box. When we are in full flow he is a very effective option coming down the left side.

His reading of the game defensively has also been first class recently.

He has had his critics over recent years but I've never been one of them. We are lucky to have him and long may it continue.

A missed penalty and unlucky deflection are no part of indication of performance level.

Very good captain's performance

danhibees1875
29-02-2020, 10:00 AM
I thought he had a good game also. Defensively and going forward, probably would have scored if Jackson hadn't too.

His penalty wasn't great, although it was on target - a saving grace for McNulty and Allan efforts recently also.

delbert
29-02-2020, 10:04 AM
You'd love someone like Hanlon in your team right now.

Hanlon played well last night so I totally disagree with the original poster, but overall the defence still looks unbalanced and teams seem to have no problem getting into our box, wish in general our defence was more aggressive particularly when defending set pieces, look how static and passive our defenders were at the second goal last night. We are Hibs and we love to attack so it’s great that we look good from midfield to front but it would be great if we could stiffen up at the back and make life more difficult for the opposition back there.

hibbysam
29-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Hanlon played well last night so I totally disagree with the original poster, but overall the defence still looks unbalanced and teams seem to have no problem getting into our box, wish in general our defence was more aggressive particularly when defending set pieces, look how static and passive our defenders were at the second goal last night. We are Hibs and we love to attack so it’s great that we look good from midfield to front but it would be great if we could stiffen up at the back and make life more difficult for the opposition back there.

Our right wing back plays as a right winger, our midfield 3 all like to get forward, it’s not overly surprising that we are wide open at the back, and I for one don’t really care. Our 3 centre halves also like to wander forward. Give me 5-2’s, 4-2’s, 3-1’s 2-2’s over 0-0, 1-0 wins and defeats just because we can’t to be hard to beat. On the whole we defend very well, we don’t stop crosses as we are gung ho, but for the amount of crosses and counter attacks we face, our defence stands up fairly well to them.

SquashedFrogg
29-02-2020, 10:19 AM

Agree there is work to be done. Remember though that the midfield have a responsibility to prevent opposition getting into the box too. Last night we were in attack mode though. Great to watch.

OP is totally at it though.

Alfred E Newman
29-02-2020, 10:31 AM

Get a grip of yourself man..

weecounty hibby
29-02-2020, 10:42 AM

HANLON is crap.........

Not a world beater and has never been made out to be one. Steady pro who has served Hibs well. Contrast that with Berra, Halkett and Soutar in your team who have all at various times been made out to be the Scottish version of Baresi. How well is your defence doing right now, bottom of the league for the bottom feeders!!