PDA

View Full Version : That’s Entertainment

Carheenlea
28-02-2020, 08:45 PM
What a hugely enjoyable game that was - some of our forward play and goals were just sublime.

Things are starting to click.

Vault Boy
28-02-2020, 08:48 PM
That's the word. One of the most entertaining games I've seen, at any level. We were free flowing and ruthless, a wonderful combination. Would always rather see us win 5-2 than get a stodgy win with a clean sheet!

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 08:50 PM
I really, really like Jack Ross. Must say

Since452
28-02-2020, 08:50 PM
I think we're arguably better going forward than Lennon's second half of 2017/18 team but still suspect at the back. I'm loving watching Hibs just now.

Topographic Hibby
28-02-2020, 09:06 PM
I think we're arguably better going forward than Lennon's second half of 2017/18 team but still suspect at the back. I'm loving watching Hibs just now.Pencil in the 5-5 draw at ER on the last day, against them that should not be named.

What's your last minute goal celebration then, JR? :greengrin

Frankhfc
28-02-2020, 09:24 PM
I think we're arguably better going forward than Lennon's second half of 2017/18 team but still suspect at the back. I'm loving watching Hibs just now.

Definitely.

For any neutrals watching in they would have thoroughly enjoyed a very open game with lots of goals, some terrific assists and finishing. While ICT deserve praise for their attacking set up they also deserve criticism for some brutal punishment dished out to in particular Squirrel who has developed into becoming one of the best players in Scotland. We've a really good team just now with a one for all hard working team spirit. Scotty Allan looks like the player everyone thought he would be.

WhileTheChief..
28-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Brilliant tonight.

This feels like some of the stuff under Stubbs and Lennon.

Amazing football and feelgood factor is definitely back for me following on from Ron’s statement.

Loving going to ER again and can’t wait for the Hearts game.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 09:57 PM
To think we employed Heckingbottom...

Sammy7nil
28-02-2020, 10:00 PM
As good as I have seen Hibs in a long time they could easily have scored 8 or 9.

wookie70
28-02-2020, 10:00 PM
Very enjoyable game particularly the second half. Boyler has made a massive difference since his return. Michael Stewart made a good point about the team comparing the 352 to the one under Lennon with quite a few players still in the team since them but other players almost slotting into the empty spots.

Stevie Reid
28-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Love this Hibs team. Even playing at about 75%, at times we can slice teams open at will, with some incredibly incisive attacking play. We can break at frightening speed as well.

Seen this Hibs team described by some as mediocre this season, and current league position does back that up to an extent. But given where we were when Hecky left, it’s an amazing turnaround.

Still give away too many cheap goals but I love watching us at the moment. Pretty much have done since JR came in. So many threats in the side, and lots of players very comfortable on the ball.

Feel there’s much more to come as well.

Pretty Boy
28-02-2020, 10:10 PM
We are great going forward but a bit frightening at the back. 2 pretty poor goals conceded tonight. When all is said and done though I would rather watch that than what was being served up earlier in the season.

roo62
28-02-2020, 10:10 PM
Love this Hibs team. Even playing at about 75%, at times we can slice teams open at will, with some incredibly incisive attacking play. We can break at frightening speed as well.

Seen this Hibs team described by some as mediocre this season, and current league position does back that up to an extent. But given where we were when Hecky left, it’s an amazing turnaround.

Still give away too many cheap goals but I love watching us at the moment. Pretty much have done since JR came in. So many threats in the side, and lots of players very comfortable on the ball.

Feel there’s much more to come as well.Agreed and loving the attacking threat of Adam Jackson. Real handful in the box and fancy him to score again on Tuesday night.

WhileTheChief..
28-02-2020, 10:13 PM

Sickening innit.

Still, we might not have got Ross if we’d had someone else instead of PH so all good in the end. He’s best forgotten about.

Borderhibbie76
28-02-2020, 10:16 PM
Brilliant tonight.

This feels like some of the stuff under Stubbs and Lennon.

Amazing football and feelgood factor is definitely back for me following on from Ron’s statement.

Loving going to ER again and can’t wait for the Hearts game.
Sums it up for me we are really exciting to watch and this out scoring the opposition for fun malarkey is great fun.

Borderhibbie76
28-02-2020, 10:18 PM

Its night and day to the drudgery under him...doesnt even feel like the same season to be honest

weecounty hibby
28-02-2020, 10:19 PM
Got to agree, really enjoyed that tonight. Watching Hibs is back to being a total treat again. Great play, great goals, great atmosphere in 2nd half. Can't wait for Tuesday

Seveno
28-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Five great goals. What’s not to like.

GreenCastle
28-02-2020, 10:25 PM
Been saying this for a few weeks.

Livi result was frustrating but since Ross has come in you can see what we are trying to do.

Love the enthusiasm by Potter too on the sidelines.

We want entertainment and we are getting it - just need to defend better and we will keep improving.

Hopefully finish the season strongly and grow for next season on and off the pitch.

gramskiwood
28-02-2020, 10:28 PM
Boyle was on fire tonight.

Stevie Reid
28-02-2020, 10:38 PM
We are great going forward but a bit frightening at the back. 2 pretty poor goals conceded tonight. When all is said and done though I would rather watch that than what was being served up earlier in the season.

Definitely a few palpitations and some very soft goals, but I’ve said before that even if JR does improve us at the back, and I think he will, I still think we’ll be the sort of team that will always give away chances.

We’re very open and like to take chances with passes from defence through midfield, and there’s the odd bit of slackness too, obviously. But I’m happy to watch a team playing in that way.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2020, 10:47 PM
As much as I was impressed with some of our attacking play tonight, I think we do need to accept that we were up against a lower league side and still managed to lose two goals.

In the attacking areas we're probably the 3rd best team in the country. Defensively we're probably struggling to be in the top 6.

I'm very excited about the future under Jack Ross, he's the one I wanted in when Heckingbottom left but in the short term I am concerned that any ambitions we have will be curtailed by our defensive shortcomings.

brydekirk
28-02-2020, 10:54 PM

Scary

macca70
28-02-2020, 11:00 PM
What a hugely enjoyable game that was - some of our forward play and goals were just sublime.

We lost 2 goals to a championship team and had our centre half miss a penalty!! Wouldn’t be getting over excited but I’m defo starting to source big foam fingers for the final. Plus a massive D and FENCE!!

JammyDoidger
28-02-2020, 11:02 PM
Jack ross and Johnny potter, Scotty Allan and omeonga that's entertainment:greengrin

jimmyboco#1
28-02-2020, 11:22 PM

Martin Boyle absolutely key to everything! Amazing player.

jimmyboco#1
28-02-2020, 11:22 PM
Martin Boyle absolutely key to everything! Amazing player.

Huge credit to doidge too. Unparalleled work
rate.

Unseen work
29-02-2020, 01:33 AM
As good as I have seen Hibs in a long time they could easily have scored 8 or 9.

Absolutley.

When you think of the pen we never got, the missed pen, Doidges header and Mcnultys where he blasted it at the keeper from a couple of yards.

We were very good tonight.

Still question marks defensively but we look good

Hermit Crab
29-02-2020, 01:45 AM
Definitely.

For any neutrals watching in they would have thoroughly enjoyed a very open game with lots of goals, some terrific assists and finishing. While ICT deserve praise for their attacking set up they also deserve criticism for some brutal punishment dished out to in particular Squirrel who has developed into becoming one of the best players in Scotland. We've a really good team just now with a one for all hard working team spirit. Scotty Allan looks like the player everyone thought he would be.

Steady mate. He's that good nobody made an offer for him. Definitely improved though.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2020, 01:46 AM
Absolutley.

When you think of the pen we never got, the missed pen, Doidges header and Mcnultys where he blasted it at the keeper from a couple of yards.

We were very good tonight.

Still question marks defensively but we look good

In fairness ICT hit the post and should have had their own pen as well.

Tyler Durden
29-02-2020, 06:17 AM
Steady mate. He's that good nobody made an offer for him. Definitely improved though.

Boyle is clearly one of the best players in Scotland. Nobody made an offer for Morelos or Eduoard either, that’s meaningless.