PDA

View Full Version : Jambos would have been behind their couch tonight!

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 09:36 PM
Can't wait for Tuesday playing that bottom of the league guff! STREETS ahead of them all over the park!

Boyle, Allan, heck all of them play like they did tonight and it's going to be an absolute spanking under the lights!

(We also have an utterly ridiculous good record against them in night time games :greengrin)

Hibs to win by at least 2+ goals.

Hearts are going down!! :flag:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZezDqIMwHiqLm/giphy.gif

Since452
28-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Had a wee nosey on Kickback.

"Aye but ICT are pish"

Comfort blankets out in force. They are better than Hearts.

Hibeesmad
28-02-2020, 09:44 PM
We are going to pump them.

Potty78
28-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Am 41, heard this far to many times. We very rarely hammer hearts. Any win will do me👍

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 09:50 PM
God I hope we turn up on Tuesday

chrisski33
28-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Am 41, heard this far to many times. We very rarely hammer hearts. Any win will do me👍

Yup snap. They are known for for fluke results but they are due a hammering by us but sods law it wint happen

Irish-Hibee
28-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Had a wee nosey on Kickback.

"Aye but ICT are pish"

Comfort blankets out in force. They are better than Hearts.

They won't be saying that when they relegate them in the playoff :wink:

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 09:55 PM

We were in cruise control in the last derby winning 2-0, this time at Easter Road with the form we're on vs theirs, we've 1 loss in the last 11, coupled with having an extra day recovery and players like Boyle who they absolutely can't get near, nah, both teams play to their max and it's a comfortable Hibs win.

Granted we still definitely need to turn up with the right attitude, but make no mistake about it, our first 11 is streets ahead of theirs in quality (and points!!)

Diclonius
28-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Form has absolutely no bearing on a derby performance.

Underestimate Hearts in the Edinburgh derby at your peril.

Potty78
28-02-2020, 09:56 PM
We were in cruise control in the last derby winning 2-0, this time at Easter Road with the form we're on vs theirs, we've 1 loss in the last 11, coupled with having an extra day recovery and players like Boyle who they absolutely can't get near, nah, both teams play to their max and it's a comfortable Hibs win.

Granted we still definitely need to turn up with the right attitude, but make no mistake about it, our first 11 is streets ahead of theirs in quality (and points!!)
Hope you're right🍻

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 09:59 PM

Don't buy that cliche at all, but time will tell.

DaveF
28-02-2020, 10:01 PM
We concede goals. Too easily.

So here's hoping we have our scoring boots on for Tuesday.

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 10:01 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ov9k4xiP1Jwf31H2g/giphy.gif

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 10:02 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/f40hACdgzMOcsIeUTL/giphy.gif

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 10:02 PM

So here's hoping we have our scoring boots on for Tuesday.Yep. They'll definitely score. We'll just have to score more.

berwickhibee
28-02-2020, 10:03 PM

Spot on. Concede 2 at home way too often.

Carheenlea
28-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Hearts fans might feel a bit more optimistic now after viewing that. If they play ICT in play-off then they might fancy their chances against them given how poor they were.

Joe6-2
28-02-2020, 10:04 PM

Years of Derby games have made me feel like this, went into so many of them thinking we are so much the better team, and they fluke it or we get sh*t refs or play crap.
But!!!! Surely this season 🙄

calumhibee1
28-02-2020, 10:05 PM

Neither. We should win on Tuesday, however I have said before that there’s no easy games in this league so it’s not a given.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2020, 10:06 PM
This thread again. We'll never learn.

California-Hibs

Agree with this overall, but focusing more on recent form, say a good stretch the last 10 games, we've conceded 12 goals.

VS

In last last 10 games Hearts have conceded.....17. :rolleyes::dunno:

Goals scored last 10 games - them 16....us 24..

Hibs will roll them in this derby!

Gloucester Hibs
Am a bit worried we used up all our barryness tonight?

Topographic Hibby
28-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Hearts fans might feel a bit more optimistic now after viewing that. If they play ICT in play-off then they might fancy their chances against them given how poor they were.Were they poor? From what I have seen of ICT and Hearts this year (on TV only, I'll concede), I would fancy Robbo to do the unthinkable in a play-off.

hfc rd
28-02-2020, 10:09 PM
Past experience will teach you not to underestimate this lot no matter how s**** they are. They are capable of causing a major upset in derbies when we least expect it. Seen it happen far too often.

lyonhibs
28-02-2020, 10:11 PM

To be honest, I usually subscribe to that saying because so many times, mainly not in our favour, the "logical" result has not happened in an Edinburgh Derby. However this Hearts team seems to have nothing "Hearts" about them. No fight, no bite, no Levein or Locke in the dugout to whip them up into a frenzy and eke out an abnormal Edinburgh Derby performance.

If they can extract Stendel from the boozer for long enough, he'll say "Gegenpressing jungs" and then make reference to being a discipline of Jurgen Klopp.

I'll still bite your hand off for a 1-0 win mind.

jacomo
28-02-2020, 10:15 PM
Were they poor? From what I have seen of ICT and Hearts this year (on TV only, I'll concede), I would fancy Robbo to do the unthinkable in a play-off.

:agree:

If I was Hearts I would not fancy a two legged playoff v ICT. They look much better to me (and very dirty).

Greencore
28-02-2020, 10:16 PM

If I was Hearts I would not fancy a two legged playoff v ICT. They look much better to me (and very dirty).

Imagine if robbo sent them down 😂

James keatings scores a last minute goal

Beautiful.

Logie Green
28-02-2020, 10:39 PM
If by couch you mean sister then I'd agree. 😜

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2020, 10:41 PM

Exactly the same, particularly with our defence giving out goals like presents right now.

Tobias Funke
28-02-2020, 10:41 PM

Hearts fans looking in here must absolutely p*sh themselves laughing at how scared you are of them. Absolutely petrified.

Hibernian Verse
28-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Hearts fans looking in here must absolutely p*sh themselves laughing at how scared you are of them. Absolutely petrified.Agreed. It wasn't so long ago we went to Tynecastle and won 2-0. Form table says a Hibs win.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
28-02-2020, 10:46 PM
We've conceded 7 goals in 4 matches against 3 lower league sides. We need to have a "if they score two then we'll score three" attitude.

We should be able to pick them apart going forward but I'm really concerned about us defensively. It really isn't good enough this season.

Crab apple
28-02-2020, 10:47 PM
No games are easy but I’m confident we’ll beat them on Tuesday. They are bottom of the league for a reason. Bombscare keepers, poor defence and as weak a midfield as I remember. Plus their manager doesn’t appear to know what he’s doing.

RoYO!
28-02-2020, 10:48 PM
All this "seen it happen" stuff.. this is a different team altogether. They are not financially doped and by all accounts utter guff. We on the other hand are flying, have a great shape, with players understanding their roles and each other. We still need to be spot on but we should be taking confidence into this.

wallpaperman
28-02-2020, 10:51 PM
All this "seen it happen" stuff.. this is a different team altogether. They are not financially doped and by all accounts utter guff..

Well, they are still financially doped with their mystery benefactors making up huge shortfalls, but they are certainly guff.

Hibs4185
28-02-2020, 10:52 PM
If hearts get relegated, we increase turnover by 50% and we finish 3rd this season. I have no doubt they will still scrap a 1-0 at Easter road in the cup or something . A derby is a derby, even a Division or 2 apart.

If we score early and relax, I’m confident of 3 or 4-0. If it gets to 35 minutes at 0-0 then anything goes.

Sammy7nil
28-02-2020, 10:52 PM

TBF we never kicked a ball in the second half and a goal at any time would have had us under pressure.

They leak goals so do we i would hope we can score more than them but don't see an easy win.

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 10:54 PM

I did it before the last derby 🤷*♂️ What was the outcome?

Superstitions and the like are stupid in my opinion.

Libby Hibby
28-02-2020, 10:55 PM
Bring on the Jambos

Stevie Reid
28-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Never take anything for granted in a derby but we have so many threats in our side. Scored five tonight without either of our centre forwards or Boyle scoring.

Doidge, McNulty, Boyle, Docherty, Allan and Jackson all scoring regularly at the moment.

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 10:57 PM
All this "seen it happen" stuff.. this is a different team altogether. They are not financially doped and by all accounts utter guff. We on the other hand are flying, have a great shape, with players understanding their roles and each other. We still need to be spot on but we should be taking confidence into this.

Exactly. Think the Skacel and post 2012 era still lives with certain fans. Those days are long gone.

Greencore
28-02-2020, 10:57 PM
They are due a pumping.

Waxy
28-02-2020, 10:59 PM
I’ve never been this confident of an easy derby win. Anything can still happen but this is where i am right now.

Baader
28-02-2020, 11:01 PM
Can't underestimate it and never would, seen just about everything in derby games over 30 odd years. The whole 'form goes out the window' thing isn't really true. It usually does go to whoever is the form side. What we can't do is get complacent. Play our own game with patience like tonight and we win.

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-02-2020, 11:03 PM
Hibs concede goals, anybody who's watched us in recent games can see that. BUT we cam also score goals. It's a matter of scoring more than the opposition. ICT had 11 shots at goal today, 7 on target that's a fair amount. We are by far the better side than Hearts, just have to defend better than we have been.

bawheid
28-02-2020, 11:04 PM
Hearts are total pish and if we play anything near our best we’ll absolutely rip them a new one.

Topographic Hibby
28-02-2020, 11:06 PM
I’ve never been this confident of an easy derby win. Anything can still happen but this is where i am right now.Me too, but I still think of that end of season derby at Tynie when Riordan scored the winner. We were rubbish and injury/suspension ravaged. They were their usual financially doped selves. Should have been an easy win for them, but it wasn't. Now the roles have been reversed, and we expect a comfortable win.

Just hope that cast member from Deliverance stays off the pitch this time. Uglatto, as Devo used to say....

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2020, 11:08 PM
Exactly. Think the Skacel and post 2012 era still lives with certain fans. Those days are long gone.

In the administration season with a bunch of kids they won four out of five derbies. The day I start acting like Billy Big Bollocks about our chances in the derby is a long time coming.

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 11:20 PM
In the administration season with a bunch of kids they won four out of five derbies. The day I start acting like Billy Big Bollocks about our chances in the derby is a long time coming.

To each their own. I think actually not acting like billy big balls and having the bit between the teeth, that 'we're the big team you're our bitch' mentality, has actually held us back to a degree. It seems more people are getting onside though which is good to see. Pre 2012 Hearts had our number big time, and handed out some thumpings. Post 2012 though and on a level playing budget its 10 Hibs wins and 9 Hearts wins. Closed big time.

This is a new era. We're gonna pump them!

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2020, 11:28 PM
To each their own. I think actually not acting like billy big balls and having the bit between the teeth, that 'we're the big team you're our bitch' mentality, has actually held us back to a degree. It seems more people are getting onside though which is good to see. Pre 2012 Hearts had our number big time, and handed out some thumpings. Post 2012 though and on a level playing budget its 10 Hibs wins and 9 Hearts wins. Closed big time.

This is a new era. We're gonna pump them!

Yep, not meaning to knock your attitude at all and I think it's good if our players are confident but just not to a degree where it could be termed arrogance. :aok:

I think proclaiming that we are going to do them big time is only setting yourself up for a fall. If it happens, then well done and calling it and we'll both be delighted. If doesn't, there might be some egg on your face.

tonyrougier123
28-02-2020, 11:30 PM
😂😂😂this thread man!!💚ggtth

Eyrie
28-02-2020, 11:56 PM
The Hearts allocation for Tuesday has had to go to general sale.

That tells you how confident they are about their chances.

Heckys Wheel
28-02-2020, 11:58 PM

We are more than capable of putting 4 or 5 past them.

Unfortunately it’s more likely to be 5-4 than 5-0.

JammyDoidger
29-02-2020, 12:04 AM
If we play like that we will skud them, there's not many teams in Scotland that'll be able to handle us on that form.

HibeeHibernian4
29-02-2020, 12:06 AM
The Hearts allocation for Tuesday has had to go to general sale.

That tells you how confident they are about their chances.

Yes but I'm fairly sure it did in the last two derbies, and they've escaped Easter Road with four (very undeserved) points from a possible six. Now yes that was Heckingbottom and this is Ross, but we'd be foolish to use how underconfident they are as proof positive that we're winning on Tuesday.

poolman
29-02-2020, 12:10 AM

Yup, scrappy 1-0 will do me

California-Hibs
29-02-2020, 12:12 AM
Yep, not meaning to knock your attitude at all and I think it's good if our players are confident but just not to a degree where it could be termed arrogance. :aok:

I think proclaiming that we are going to do them big time is only setting yourself up for a fall. If it happens, then well done and calling it and we'll both be delighted. If doesn't, there might be some egg on your face.

Yep, the thing is though im prepared to handle potential egg on the face moments. Big deal and move on 🤷*♂️

Come on the Hibees!

Diclonius
29-02-2020, 12:19 AM
Hearts fans looking in here must absolutely p*sh themselves laughing at how scared you are of them. Absolutely petrified.

We've lost almost half the derbies I've seen us play. I'd rather be cautious and enjoy the win only after it happens rather than be convinced we'll batter them and then get pissed when we're not 3-0 up after 20 minutes.

Take nothing for granted.

kdhibees1
29-02-2020, 12:29 AM
Keep spinning the same vinyl. We’re in another semi final. The Edinburgh hibees. Our team keeps marching on.
Alez alez alez
Alez alez alez

Smartie
29-02-2020, 12:42 AM
The quality of some of the attacking play our team is capable of means we should go into EVERY game with belief we can win. Without wanting to pan the defence or any individual (as I like all our individuals and collectively I think our defence is fine) the standard of some of the goals we lose means that we cannot afford to be complacent against anyone, let alone Daniel’s dug*****.

Man Down Under
29-02-2020, 02:21 AM
We've been better than them for about 3 seasons, form and derby mean nothing....but we should pump them[emoji51]

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Unseen work
29-02-2020, 02:39 AM
No matter how good we are and how poor hearts are I’m never confident playing them in a derby.

I can just see them upping their game massively against us and getting a win which then transforms the season and keeps them in the league. Iv seen it happen too many times.

Hopefully they keep this high line and gung ho approach, if they do Boyle, Allan, Docherty, McNulty and Doidge could get a load of chances.

We will still need to be mindful defensively especially at set pieces. Guys like Boyce, Walker etc can always produce something too.

Hopefully our players are right up for it and give them a doing.

Carheenlea
29-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Couple of them spotted leaving Stratties last night after Gullan slotted home the 5th

https://i.postimg.cc/NGK11C12/375-DDF73-D968-4829-BF45-F6806-C6315-B5.jpg (https://postimg.cc/NLw9t4CQ)

NAE NOOKIE
29-02-2020, 01:19 PM
The only real concern is our ability to ship goals, as has been pointed out we have lost 5 goals in total to two championship sides and a lowland league team in the last few weeks, 4 of them at Easter Road.

I am not in the least bit confident that we will keep a clean sheet on Tuesday, but the up side is that we are capable of scoring more than one goal and so long as we have our shooting boots on we should win.

It shouldn't be lost on us though that this is a huge game for Hearts, if they were to lose it, especially by a few goals, what remaining confidence they have will go right down the pan and their fans will turn big time. Win and they will see it as a massive boost which will turn their season around. If they aren't up for this game they bloody well should be .... This is gonna' be tough no matter how kack their form is.

Sir David Gray
29-02-2020, 01:27 PM
The only real concern is our ability to ship goals, as has been pointed out we have lost 5 goals in total to two championship sides and a lowland league team in the last few weeks, 4 of them at Easter Road.

I am not in the least bit confident that we will keep a clean sheet on Tuesday, but the up side is that we are capable of scoring more than one goal and so long as we have our shooting boots on we should win.

It shouldn't be lost on us though that this is a huge game for Hearts, if they were to lose it, especially by a few goals, what remaining confidence they have will go right down the pan and their fans will turn big time. Win and they will see it as a massive boost which will turn their season around. If they aren't up for this game they bloody well should be .... This is gonna' be tough no matter how kack their form is.

We've actually lost 7 goals in those games.

Not So Young
29-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Form says it should be 3-0 but like many have said how often has that been said before and form goes out the window

It's a derby whoever wants it most will win I just hope it's us

29-02-2020, 02:44 PM
As others have said, we should beat them easily but form goes out of the window when it comes to the derby. It'll be fine margins, if they continue with their high risk pressing game then we should get a lot of chances to get in behind them so it will depend on how good our finishing is. Equally though, we continue to concede goals too easily.

Will be very interesting to see if they continue with the high line tonight. They beat Rangers last time but I put that more down to Defoe not being quick enough and Hearts defenders just getting back in time to make some last ditch tackles.

Diclonius
29-02-2020, 07:26 PM
As I was saying. Assume nothing.

pontius pilate
29-02-2020, 07:39 PM
We get a nice early first goal they will crumble, admittedly the only time I've seen them comeback is when they have had an advantage, yeah our defence isn't the greatest but out wide and up front we can and will hurt them, omeonga in the middle and Allan pulling the strings docherty breaking up their attempt to play we will trounce them, I reckon 4-0 the good guys.

I've never been confident or predicted a derby score in my life

HibeeHibernian4
29-02-2020, 07:40 PM

Apparently the likes of you and I were 's****ing it' for thinking so.

hibbysam
29-02-2020, 07:41 PM
A proper sized pitch will sort them out on Tuesday. The defence sit deep then our midfield will have a field day, they squeeze high then Boyle and McNulty will have a field day.

Dashing Bob S
29-02-2020, 07:42 PM
That we're better than them is not the issue in the derby.

bawheid
29-02-2020, 07:42 PM
Hearts are crap and I’m delighted they’ve knocked Rangers out. We’ll beat them on Tuesday and hope we draw them in the semi. They’re easily the worst team left in the competition.

California-Hibs
29-02-2020, 07:43 PM

😂 nothing's changed at all, so as you were!

We're gonna pump them in this one!

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2020, 07:43 PM
We actually managed to lose to them once this season, I'll actually be sick if it happens again. No nonsense, no excuses. It will be a really tough game and we better be up for it. I'll be sick if they even get a draw

Stevie Reid
29-02-2020, 07:48 PM
Hearts win wasn’t a surprise tonight. Watford scudding Liverpool is a better indication of how we should take nothing for granted on Tuesday.

Any win will do.

Widhibs
03-03-2020, 11:00 PM
I'm raging with that result tonight 😡😠

lyonhibs
03-03-2020, 11:04 PM
😂 nothing's changed at all, so as you were!

We're gonna pump them in this one!

Well, this has aged well..... :greengrin

emerald green
03-03-2020, 11:05 PM

Correct. :agree:

Sir David Gray
03-03-2020, 11:06 PM
Can't wait for the semi final....