PDA

View Full Version : Question Diamond Retro

TelaStella
28-02-2020, 02:21 PM
Diamond Retro have just began to stock the 1990 Adidas away top, been after one of these since I was a kid but can anyone who’s perhaps used this site before confirm if it’s 100% safe/legit before I buy? Heard a few dodgy stories about such football top websites and just want to be safe. Link below for anyone else interested, cheers troops.

https://diamondretro.com/products/hibernian-1989-91-away-shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibeeMassive
28-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Diamond Retro have just began to stock the 1990 Adidas away top, been after one of these since I was a kid but can anyone who’s perhaps used this site before confirm if it’s 100% safe/legit before I buy? Heard a few dodgy stories about such football top websites and just want to be safe. Link below for anyone else interested, cheers troops.

https://diamondretro.com/products/hibernian-1989-91-away-shirt

They were Aztec Retro before, and they were fine for a long time but did hit issues last year that left a lot of people with un-honoured orders. They've started up again as Diamond Retro, but I've taken a chance with the new top and ordered it.

Their strips were good quality before and I'm sure they'll be looking to re-establish themselves so hoping for no issues this time. If there is, I got my money back from Paypal last time anyway so wasn't out of pocket for long.

oldbutdim
28-02-2020, 02:52 PM
I bought one from Aztec Retro - yellow top.
Waited a few weeks and just when I was about to cancel, it arrived.
The collar didn't really sit right, and the hem of the shirt started to unravel after one wear.

Just binned it.

Wouldn't recommend.

MrRobot
28-02-2020, 02:53 PM
Already sold out in mediums :boo hoo:

tanfield
28-02-2020, 02:59 PM
They are generally small made so perhaps the large would fit. At the end of the day pay via PayPal or credit card so you have recourse if it goes pear shaped

SteveHFC
28-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Ordered the 85/86 home shirt 3 weeks ago and it arrived earlier today. :aok:

tanfield
29-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Ordered the 85/86 home shirt 3 weeks ago and it arrived earlier today. :aok:

Received my one as well, looks decent

vein
24-07-2020, 11:06 AM
Anyone still waiting on an order from these guys? I ordered the 89 home top at the start of March and it still hasnt arrived. Had a variety of excuses from the company so far and they have disappeared off Twitter and are now on some other app callled Parler. I'm not seeing any orders arriving on either app though and I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about a paypal claim.

Fergus52
24-07-2020, 11:20 AM
Anyone still waiting on an order from these guys? I ordered the 89 home top at the start of March and it still hasnt arrived. Had a variety of excuses from the company so far and they have disappeared off Twitter and are now on some other app callled Parler. I'm not seeing any orders arriving on either app though and I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about a paypal claim.

I'm in a similiar position.

I know they had issues with Thai post due to COVID, I've had some e-mails saying that orders placed around that time might still have a wait of a few weeks.

I'm going to give it a wee bit longer before I place the paypal claim I thik.

hibstag
24-07-2020, 11:33 AM

I saw something last week (I think im on their email list still) about the business associate in asia being ill and this causing a delay in orders but not to worry and don't cancel. Ironically it also said something fairly aggressively about naming and shaming those that cancel their orders via paypal as its theft apparently

the illness is exactly the same line they used they were 'Aztec retro' , once they started to fail to deliver... they blame customs next... attempting to scare you into not raising a complaint is a new tactic though

i'd get on to paypal pronto

I waited for four months for the original release of 85/86 shirt before raising an issue with paypal last December they never contested it . had the top been in the system they as they claimed in earlier emails I would have received it

BlackSheep
24-07-2020, 11:33 AM
Yup.... Still waiting!

Ordered in Feb, Dispatched in 3rd March... tracking received 25th March... and im still waiting... I emailed them multiple times and have had replies, but the excuses keep on rolling.

The latest update from them is that their business partner in Thailand has been ill and in hospital... but i really do not see how that affects orders that are supposed to be already in transit!!!

Ive always received my orders from them, but in this case i am very tempted to get a refund and deal with them should the order arrive... ever!

Oscar T Grouch
24-07-2020, 11:35 AM

App used by right wing nut jobs and hate merchants, it was their goto app after Twitter started chucking them off for posting their hate drenched rubbish. Strange for any company (apart from those selling these groups paraphernalia) to associate with.

vein
24-07-2020, 11:41 AM
Not just me then...

I’ve been patient about it all so far and not chased up once but I’m starting to lose hope that the top will turn up. I think PayPal claim needs to be within 180 days so mine would need done during August at the latest. I’ll happily pay up if the top arrives but given the lack of twitter posts about tops arriving I’m starting to think the top was never sent.

CraigHibee
24-07-2020, 11:43 AM
They sent an email out the other week about one of the owners being unwell, if i remember from the last time i ordered from their old name i never got my shirt and they emailed something similar as well

BlackSheep
24-07-2020, 11:43 AM
One thing to take note of is that the deadline to dispute transactions for anyone waiting on the Hibs away 89 top is looming, its in August.... perhaps they are stalling to make it past this date and then customers cannot dispute the transaction with PayPal?

EDIT: I don't want to sound callous but an illness in their company should not affect orders already dispatched, it is not the customers problem and the seller 'Dave' is UK based, while his business partner who is ill is based in Thailand.... why should her illness stop him from doing his job!?

Last Minute
24-07-2020, 12:51 PM
I saw something last week (I think im on their email list still) about the business associate in asia being ill and this causing a delay in orders but not to worry and don't cancel. Ironically it also said something fairly aggressively about naming and shaming those that cancel their orders via paypal as its theft apparently

the illness is exactly the same line they used they were 'Aztec retro' , once they started to fail to deliver... they blame customs next... attempting to scare you into not raising a complaint is a new tactic though

i'd get on to paypal pronto

I waited for four months for the original release of 85/86 shirt before raising an issue with paypal last December they never contested it . had the top been in the system they as they claimed in earlier emails I would have received it

made 2 orders early in March and still nothing. Kept emailing and getting excuses back about covid etc. now the excuse is the person that is ill? what is that gor to do with something already meant to be in the post? I contacted paypal and got a full refund then I got a email from a guy saying I was taking piss for not waiting longer and said I got a refund plus a free shirt? well guess what NO shirts have arrived and I don't give a S*** if he names and shames me. Get a refund folks before the deadline or you'll lose everything. that's their plan for you to wait till after the deadline.

tigerted
24-07-2020, 12:52 PM
Makes no difference what PayPal's dates for a claim are. Ultimately, it's the Bank or Card Company that your PayPal A/c uses who you can make a claim with.

You are under no obligation to make any claim through PayPal.

BH Hibs
24-07-2020, 01:05 PM
I actually got mine last week. It was a Frank Graham group Adidas one with the ball and crown badge 1989 I think. I'd actually given up on it as it was around February that I'd ordered it.

vein
24-07-2020, 01:08 PM
I actually got mine last week. It was a Frank Graham group Adidas one with the ball and crown badge 1989 I think. I'd actually given up on it as it was around February that I'd ordered it.

That’s gives me a little bit of hope then. I ordered same one on March 2nd.

HFC93
24-07-2020, 01:10 PM
I had issues with them when they were Aztec Retro. Stay well clear is my advice.

BlackSheep
24-07-2020, 01:57 PM
Makes no difference what PayPal's dates for a claim are. Ultimately, it's the Bank or Card Company that your PayPal A/c uses who you can make a claim with.

You are under no obligation to make any claim through PayPal.

A lot easier to raise a dispute with PayPal than to drag your bank into it....

EI255
24-07-2020, 03:51 PM
I had issues with them when they were Aztec Retro. Stay well clear is my advice.Never had any issues with them at all. Quite the contrary in fact.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
24-07-2020, 06:35 PM
Never had any issues with them at all. Quite the contrary in fact.

Me also.... until now.

Ayrshire Hibee
24-07-2020, 08:04 PM
I've just requested a refund after reading this thread and like one of the posters said I will honour the payment if it eventually arrives....was the Home 85-86 insave!

BlackSheep
25-07-2020, 08:26 AM
I've just requested a refund after reading this thread and like one of the posters said I will honour the payment if it eventually arrives....was the Home 85-86 insave!

As have I.... if, and it’s a big IF, my shirt arrives I will get in contact with them and send the payment, but right now the radio silence and the attitude I’ve experienced via email doesn’t leave me with much hope.

It’s a real shame cos I have almost all the hibs retro kits from these guys and they’re great quality... but if they don’t survive this then I don’t see them rebuilding their reputation.

hibsfan
25-07-2020, 09:42 AM
I lucked out with these guys massively. Ordered the Frank Graham home top last August. It hadn’t arrived 5/6 months later so claimed a refund through Paypal. Then randomly it arrived in the post one day = free top.

Expecting the same thing might happen with the white away one too. I claimed a refund a couple of weeks ago and have since received the same email as before confirming that it is on it’s way.

They are VERY small. I ordered a L in the home one and have gone XL with the white one... usually sit between a L and a M.

hibstag
25-07-2020, 09:48 AM
As have I.... if, and it’s a big IF, my shirt arrives I will get in contact with them and send the payment, but right now the radio silence and the attitude I’ve experienced via email doesn’t leave me with much hope.

It’s a real shame cos I have almost all the hibs retro kits from these guys and they’re great quality... but if they don’t survive this then I don’t see them rebuilding their reputation.

This is what I find most disappointing about my experience with them. They definitely deliver on some orders and the tops that I've seen about look quite good and better than an unbranded score draw one.

Id like to think its a supply/demand issue rather than an outright attempt to defraud. Originally they did small batches of shirts usually sold out by 8pm on day of release. However there's a dishonesty in keeping orders live in various emails full of excuses, and allowing PayPal to foot their bill through not dealing with the complaint when raised. the business model is also based on copyright fraud as umbro and adidas would point out.

Hibs1969
25-07-2020, 10:08 AM
My son ordered the same shirt as you and after many, many delays
and a few emails back and forward, it finally arrived from
Thailand last week. It looks good but he is of the opinion that it’s pretty short.

vein
25-07-2020, 10:44 AM
Thailand last week. It looks good but he is of the opinion that it’s pretty short.

Thanks, maybe mine will appear then at some point, will leave it a few more weeks before going down refund route. You don’t know what order number he was do you? I’m 1323 so would be interested to see if similar order numbers are arriving.

After all this time the top is probably going to be too small for me, especially after putting on a couple of pounds during lockdown 😂

mentalhibee
25-07-2020, 11:25 AM

What date did your son order mate? I’m still waiting on an order from the 3/3/2020. Not looking good as my tracking number doesn’t work.

Hibs1969
25-07-2020, 11:43 AM
What date did your son order mate? I’m still waiting on an order from the 3/3/2020. Not looking good as my tracking number doesn’t work.
Sometime in February I believe. Slight correction too - it was the 87/88 home shirt he ordered.

mentalhibee
25-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Sometime in February I believe. Slight correction too - it was the 87/88 home shirt he ordered.

Thanks for the info, I’ll wait and see if the away one turns up.

BlackSheep
25-07-2020, 01:18 PM
I’m order 1292... I believe it will arrive, but I think the company are getting complacent as they have the cash they simply don’t care if we get the orders or not, at least this is how I feel about it all!

They are very unprofessional about the whole situation... one customer complained on Twitter and they replied with screenshots of his tracking that had his mobile phone number on it!!

On the new platform, Parler, they’ve posted photos of their colleague’s ultrasound and given detailed accounts of what illness she is going through!!

It’s pretty disgusting to be honest!

SteveHFC
25-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Never had any issues with them.

EI255
26-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Got an email from them last week saying the guys partner is seriously ill in hospital but they're still honouring purchases. Pretty damn decent imo.

EI255
26-07-2020, 01:24 PM
I've somehow ended up with two 1986 shirts. One with Insave, one without. Was gonna punt one but I like them so much I'm gonna keep the two of them [emoji4]

BlackSheep
26-07-2020, 07:39 PM
Got an email from them last week saying the guys partner is seriously ill in hospital but they're still honouring purchases. Pretty damn decent imo.

How is it decent? The majority of orders are already somewhere in the world, with customers waiting with little to no actually detail or communication.... just the word of a company without the best reputation in the last couple years. It’s easy to empathise with frustrated customer (especially as i am one).

tanfield
26-07-2020, 09:21 PM
I'm waiting on a few shirts but did receive my oldest order just over a week ago. Order was made 24th Feb.

On that basis I'm still keeping the faith with them. I paid by PayPal so have the comfort of being able to submit a claim if need be.

BlackSheep
26-07-2020, 10:36 PM
I'm waiting on a few shirts but did receive my oldest order just over a week ago. Order was made 24th Feb.

On that basis I'm still keeping the faith with them. I paid by PayPal so have the comfort of being able to submit a claim if need be.

I placed my order 28th Feb... still not received anything....

1875STEVE
26-07-2020, 11:32 PM
My wife ordered one in feb for my march birthday and it hasn't arrived 80-81 yellow away.

I ordered the green insave one in march and it hasn't arrived.

Im willing to give them more time, as ive ordered from them before with no problems.

The only thing id say to stick up for them is:

1. It normally takes 6-8 weeks to get through customs etc going by plane. They have had to send by boat the tops from feb/march which takes longer.

2. Thailand went into full lockdown for months, and unlike here, so did their postal system apparently, so the sent tops would have been sitting for months, then had to go through the usual 6-8 week deliver on top (whenever it re-opened).

Il give it a few more weeks then be on to paypal myself.

They got kicked off twitter, numerous times, due to copywrite claims.

It's a pity as their stuff was excellent, this will kill them after Aztec.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-07-2020, 11:36 PM
Order placed Feb and arrived two weeks ago. 89 Adidas home top. Had written it off tbh. Decent quality, slightly on the small side.

1875STEVE
27-07-2020, 12:24 AM
from their Parlor Account

23801 23802

1875STEVE
27-07-2020, 12:38 AM
This was the last email they sent, 14/7/20, it's quite long......

Tao, my business partner in Thailand, is in hospital with pain and constant bleeding from a tumour in the cervix. This is was first discovered two years ago. She has been unwell with this, rheumatoid arthritis and other health issues recently and we are extremely concerned about her well-being. She really is not ok and is awaiting further diagnosis.

She is on tablets to help stop the bleeding and once this has stopped will be having a hysterectomy. She is expected to remain in hospital for 7-10 days.On top of everything else this is an incredibly difficult time, and due to these heath issues, and the current volume of emails, we have set up an auto reply.

We aplogise for the inconvenience and hope business and email will be back to normal in around 3 weeks

All orders will arrive as promised: for the latest update see below:

For orders placed during lockdown and shipped before 01 June, tracking will show "no data found" until items arrive in country of destination. It does not mean the tracking number is invalid.

We have given an estimated delivery date of around 3 months from shipping date, ie when we sent you the tracking number for your order, not date ordered. Orders are arriving as you will have seen on our twitter timeline before it was closed down. Again 3 months was an estimate given to us, orders that have arrived seem to be taking slightly longer, so we'd suggest 3-4 months as our estimate.

We understand the frustration. However, we cannot change this situation, there was a worldwide lockdown, we shipped from Thailand, orders are posted and we want them to arrive as much as you do.It's a matter of waiting.

We are struggling to keep business going and situations like this we need our customer support. It just a matter of time until it arrives. We'll only ask you to wait this once, please kindly continue co operate with us.

For orders placed after lockdown and shipped 2nd June onward tracking will take some time to be updated onto the system.There has been a surge of packages with Thai Post since lockdown ended and they are very slow. Please keep trying the link and it will show information once it has passed customs checks.
Thai Post's tracking system is sadly lacking compared to other online tracking systems but it will update.
We ship from Thailand. Delivery is around 2-3 weeks after tracking shows updates.

There was a worldwide pandemic which resulted in lockdown. Planes were not operating. Either we had to stop doing business, or continue business and post with the only option we had, posting via land/ship.

This was an unprecedented set of circumstances and we did not know how long lockdown would last. we decided to continue doing business and let customers know we would send via land/ship, and that it was unknown territory in terms of delivery timescales, but we would keep you updated.

Please do now request refunds for orders as you will receive. If you do this we'll lose the stock, the money, and you will receive a free shirt. We understand this is extremely frustrating but time will tell that we were honest throughout this and it is our carrier who has let us down with delays and misinformation which we have simply relayed to you.

REFUNDS
It's unfortunate that some people have chosen to claim refunds before orders have arrived. Not only that, a small minority have taken to forums and social media to encourage others to claim refunds, and criticise our business. All these customers will receive their orders, we would hope that the customers being critical will apologise or pay.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CLAIMED REFUNDS, WE ARE MONITORING TRACKING FOR DELIVERY OR ORDERS.

ONCE ORDERS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED WE EXPECT PAYMENT IN FULL AND WILL BE CONTACTING CUSTOMERS REQUESTING PAYMENT WITHIN 1 WEEK.

SHOULD PAYMENT NOT BE RECEIVED WE WILL BE PUBLISHING A LIST OF NAMES, LOCATIONS, AND MONEY OWED, ON OUR WEBSITE OF CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE CLAIMED REFUNDS, SUBSEQUENTLY RECEIVED, AND NOT PAID.

WE ARE PERFECTLY WITHIN OUR RIGHTS TO DO THIS AND ARE NOT BREACHING ANY DATA PROTECTION ACT.

We are now at parler.com
Please follow us @Diamondretro

All Stock here: Diamond Retro

Thank You for supporting us.

BlackSheep
27-07-2020, 08:33 AM
This was the last email they sent, 14/7/20, it's quite long......

I mentioned earlier in the thread that they have posted people’s contact information publicly on Twitter, which is out of order in my opinion... I’ve claimed a refund now and fully intend to pay for the shirt if I receive it, but if any of my information is posted anywhere then they will find themselves in bother.

If I were them I would be on to Thai post daily to get updates as to the whereabouts of the orders that are in transit... I was told in May that my order had reached Germany and would be with me very soon... 6 weeks later not a sign of it!! The excuses are wearing thin, I would prefer ‘Dave’ was honest and just said he doesn’t know where the heck the orders are instead of providing false hope!

All this about his business partner is a real shame and my sympathies go out to her, but this should not affect ‘Dave’ from liaising with the couriers you keep his business afloat.

I’ve spent a fortune on shorts from this company and while the trouble due Covid is understandable, their customer service is leaving too much to be desired now, I know I’m not the only one judging by comments on their Twitter, Parler and hashtags on Twitter.... a lot of angry folk.

Oscar T Grouch
27-07-2020, 08:57 AM
I deal with international logistics on a daily basis, a lot going to and coming from the Far East. I don’t understand why they’re taking 3 months to deliver a top, even by ship. What they probably do is have a part container on a ship every few months to import the stuff into UK, this will probably be on the back of a business importing larger heavier items. This will save on shipping costs but not by much. These tops are lightweight and would be easier to send via air mail. It seems such a bad business plan to take money off people and make them wait for 3-4 months for delivery. I could do a more accurate estimate with actual weights of items but I’m sure if they gave a £5 extra for airmail option when buying they would have a lot more happy customers.
It’s very unprofessional to send emails like they have. They’re a business and it’s not your customers business why you’re having problem running said business, I have sympathy for the poor person going through what they are but there is no way you should be sending detailed medical emails to customers.
Also they would be breaking UK law to publish people’s data online. Essentially their ‘bad debtors’ aren’t bad debtors, they are customers who have waited 5 months on shirts that we’re supposed to arrive after a few months.
It’s obviously run by people who don’t know what they’re doing apart from producing decent enough retro football tops. Just being able to produce a product doesn’t make a good business.

BlackSheep
27-07-2020, 09:39 AM
Ive actually bough a few tops from someone who must work in their factory/shop making these replicas from eBay accounts.... definitely the same folk as the stock photos used the exact same, and these sellers have been a little more reliable.

I do wonder if they started as an eBay shop and perhaps thought they could branch out and cut out the middle man (sellers fees on eBay)?

You are spot on with the unprofessionalism and consumer rights act 2015 states that items should be delivered within 30 days without delay from point of purchase unless expressly agreed with the retailer.

Constant excuses don't constitute agreement with the customer!

BlackSheep
31-07-2020, 04:38 PM
Anyone had any updates from Diamond Retro?

Northernhibee
31-07-2020, 05:13 PM
Will be avoiding like the plague, reading that e-mail.

BlackSheep
31-07-2020, 08:51 PM
Will be avoiding like the plague, reading that e-mail.

Which email?

Northernhibee
31-07-2020, 09:43 PM
Which email?

The one posted by 1875Steve.

BlackSheep
01-08-2020, 05:26 AM
The one posted by 1875Steve.

Oh yeah, oops... I thought u meant you’d had a further email...

BlackSheep
01-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Just seen on the Diamond Retro website that they’re taking a break due to health reasons... I know it’s a very small company but they cannot just shut down while customers are sitting waiting on orders!!

tanfield
01-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Whilst I am waiting on a few orders from them my patience will only last until just before the deadline for submitting a refund claim via PayPal which I seem to recall is 6 months.

1875STEVE
01-08-2020, 08:20 PM
Just seen on the Diamond Retro website that they’re taking a break due to health reasons... I know it’s a very small company but they cannot just shut down while customers are sitting waiting on orders!!

Aye it's the women who makes the tops.

According to them all orders are out, they've stopped taking any new ones.

I keep checking the tracking number on both the Thai and Royal Mail sites.

Thai post is slow to update, it should appear on Royal Mail's site as soon as its scanned into the country.

BlackSheep
01-08-2020, 09:17 PM
It’s not great PR which is a shame cos the product is top notch.

A few of these appear on eBay from Thailand from time to time, I may just stick with bidding on them... saves having to deal with this Dave character who doesn’t seem the most professional.

LaMotta
01-08-2020, 09:23 PM
If you buy knock off Nigel gear then you are always taking a risk:greengrin

1875STEVE
01-08-2020, 09:51 PM
It’s not great PR which is a shame cos the product is top notch.

A few of these appear on eBay from Thailand from time to time, I may just stick with bidding on them... saves having to deal with this Dave character who doesn’t seem the most professional.

Someone's put their aztec/diamond collection up just now on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-X-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481366531?hash=item1f141c0403:g:hrMAAOSw549fJWY q

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-Medium-88-90-RETRO-REMAKE/133481365409?hash=item1f141bffa1:g:sxsAAOSw0jJfJWV U

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481365908?hash=item1f141c0194:g:v4YAAOSw81pfJWX g

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481364296?hash=item1f141bfb48:g:gsAAAOSw6~dfJS1 f

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-X-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481366767?hash=item1f141c04ef:g:7UAAAOSwsvtfJWZ r

EI255
01-08-2020, 10:11 PM
Just seen on the Diamond Retro website that they’re taking a break due to health reasons... I know it’s a very small company but they cannot just shut down while customers are sitting waiting on orders!!Did they not say they are continuing to fulfill orders?

BlackSheep
02-08-2020, 05:01 PM
No new orders during the downtime, but it’s more the lack of communication in regard to orders places before lockdown... as many on here will testify to we all ordered in the last few days of February... yes lockdown has caused issues, but I’ve had orders delivered from all over the world in the last few months with little to no delay or interruption... Thai Post are getting the blame by Diamond Retro, but quite frankly the excuses are wearing thin from this Dave character!

EI255
02-08-2020, 06:58 PM
No new orders during the downtime, but it’s more the lack of communication in regard to orders places before lockdown... as many on here will testify to we all ordered in the last few days of February... yes lockdown has caused issues, but I’ve had orders delivered from all over the world in the last few months with little to no delay or interruption... Thai Post are getting the blame by Diamond Retro, but quite frankly the excuses are wearing thin from this Dave character!Don't diss him TOO much or he'll do no more Hibs retro kits!

budgiemcb
03-08-2020, 11:15 AM
Someone's put their aztec/diamond collection up just now on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-X-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481366531?hash=item1f141c0403:g:hrMAAOSw549fJWY q

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-Medium-88-90-RETRO-REMAKE/133481365409?hash=item1f141bffa1:g:sxsAAOSw0jJfJWV U

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481365908?hash=item1f141c0194:g:v4YAAOSw81pfJWX g

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481364296?hash=item1f141bfb48:g:gsAAAOSw6~dfJS1 f

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian-Shirt-Top-Strip-X-Large-87-88-RETRO-REMAKE/133481366767?hash=item1f141c04ef:g:7UAAAOSwsvtfJWZ r

That's me mate. I've got all their previously releases until Feb this year. The carry on with delivery last year and now this year (I understand the pandemic impact to a degree) along with aggressive messages on social media, it's time to cut bait.

I sympathise with the situation the Thai woman seems to be in and I hope she gets well.

1875STEVE
03-08-2020, 12:53 PM
That's me mate. I've got all their previously releases until Feb this year. The carry on with delivery last year and now this year (I understand the pandemic impact to a degree) along with aggressive messages on social media, it's time to cut bait.

I sympathise with the situation the Thai woman seems to be in and I hope she gets well.I might have guessed. [emoji23]

Mind stay away from that new keeper top and give the rest of a chance. [emoji6]

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Last Minute
13-08-2020, 07:39 AM
Just done a final check on the tracker and still Not in the UK from March.I ordered 2 tops but got in touch with pay-pal and got refund straightaway. I would advise anyone who is still waiting to get refunds in from Paypal. Emailed the company a few times and no reply.

BlackSheep
20-08-2020, 04:08 PM
So, still waiting on an update... I emailed the company to let them know I had requested a refund and would pay if the shirt turned up... a real shame this is happening again. Small company or not , they will not survive with the attitude they’ve shown and the lack of communication and lack of contingency for illness.

Ayrshire Hibee
20-08-2020, 04:51 PM
So, still waiting on an update... I emailed the company to let them know I had requested a refund and would pay if the shirt turned up... a real shame this is happening again. Small company or not , they will not survive with the attitude they’ve shown and the lack of communication and lack of contingency for illness.
I got a refund a couple of weeks ago too.Still no sign of the top but if it were to arrive I would pay for it. I went ahead with the refund as I thought the e-mails etc from them were just excuse after excuse and the tops were never gonna arrive!

vein
20-08-2020, 07:46 PM
Put in for my refund yesterday as I’ve lost all hope now. Hopefully get the cash back in a few days.

BlackSheep
01-09-2020, 09:34 AM
Diamond Retro website has an update today saying they're updating the site then will reply to outstanding emails. Also notes that 'several' (probably more like several hundred) orders were returned as undelivered...

...The whole situation reeks at this point.

Disappointing as I was looking forward to the white away shirt i had ordered.

Shame.

vein
01-09-2020, 10:02 AM
Got my refund a few days ago, no doubt my shirt was one of the “returns”.

mentalhibee
01-09-2020, 11:38 AM
Got my refund a few days ago, no doubt my shirt was one of the “returns”.

I’m the same, was easy to get the refund. Can’t say the same about contacting diamond retro!

1875STEVE
07-09-2020, 10:15 PM
Ive been a big supporter, but even ive given up, got a refund.

To claim some have been returned undelivered is a joke.

tanfield
08-09-2020, 06:36 PM
Just received refunds for the 3 shirts i had ordered. As with others finally lost patience.

callumwatt32
01-10-2020, 09:34 AM
Newest update on their website - business now defunct...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201001/c0f5950e415787300c2418593c8f33cc.jpg

BlackSheep
01-10-2020, 03:32 PM
At least that puts an end to the uncertainty. It’s a shame cos I really liked their stuff.

Slim Shady
02-10-2020, 12:33 PM

Now ceased trading and business written off.

https://diamondretro.com/

update on here.

I’m due 4 tops from these bassa.

BlackSheep
03-10-2020, 05:44 AM
What I find incredulous is the lack of info on the whereabouts of 100s of supposedly dispatched orders... yes many of us have rightfully claimed refunds, but orders dispatched in March still not arriving... the whole scenario is fishy to me... like Diamond Retro was more of a last attempt to con money out of punters after Aztec went tits up.... it stinks to high heavens!

callumwatt32
19-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Stumbled across this - https://dpretro.com/

Looks to be Diamond/Aztec Retro with yet another name

SteveHFC
19-01-2021, 01:02 PM
Stumbled across this - https://dpretro.com/

Looks to be Diamond/Aztec Retro with yet another name

https://dpretro.com/product/hibernian-1985-86-away-shirt/

See have this available. Don't know whether to take the risk

BlackSheep
19-01-2021, 01:14 PM

I've been bitten by this lot before but I have gone and ordered the 2 kits i didn't receive last year... always pay via PayPal and your are covered.

Northernhibee
19-01-2021, 01:37 PM

If it's the same people then I think that after the threat last year to publish names of people who claimed refunds and also got their shirt, but also the added complexity of importing/exporting with Brexit, I'd steer well clear.

callumwatt32
19-01-2021, 03:43 PM
[emoji848]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210119/79ed90c794e20d01facb1b9fbb491e94.jpg

BlackSheep
19-01-2021, 03:50 PM
[emoji848]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210119/79ed90c794e20d01facb1b9fbb491e94.jpg

To be fair to them i bought a few shirts from eBay that used the same product photos, all came from Thailand or thereabouts, none of the sellers were associated with Aztec or Diamond.... the factory manufacturing them will take the pics to sell them on 'wholesale.'

callumwatt32
19-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Fair enough just swithering whether or not to take the chance and order again...

SaulGoodman
19-01-2021, 04:24 PM
90% sure it's the same folk again.

Looking at the WebArchive, AztecRetro described themselves as this on their now defunct website:

Aztec Retro was founded through the love of football shirts from the 70's, 80's & 90's. We specialise in classic shirts from the golden age of football, liaising with fans who wish to own shirts that are otherwise too expensive, or impossible to acquire. Those who are familiar with us know we are the only company that works in this way. We wish to thank you for this support since 2011.We are incredibly proud of our products, showcasing the best retro football shirts in the world, exclusively available from Aztec Retro.

DiamondRetro went with this:

Diamond Retro was founded through the love of football shirts from the 70's, 80's & 90's. We specialise in classic shirts from the golden age of football, liaising with fans who wish to own shirts that are otherwise too expensive, or impossible to acquire

DPRetro say this:

We manufacture and supply football shirts from the best era of football. We specialise in shirts from the 1970s, 80s and 90s, when football had passion, excitement, skill, and the best looking shirts. We go the extra mile to ensure our shirts the best on the market, and they are made to last. We can assure you of high quality products and service.

I would be wary in using them.

EDIT: And at the bottom left of DPRetro's website:

The finest quality retro shirts from the golden age of football

Beefster
19-01-2021, 04:28 PM

Seems legit...

EI255
19-01-2021, 06:26 PM
Got 4 shirts from Aztec / Diamond. Never any issues. Great shirts. Gonna buy another from this website.

Always remember, PaypaI is you're friend.

hibsfan
22-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Order three shirts from diamond - never arrived - claimed a refund then all three shirts arrived about a month later so ended up not paying for any of them. Ordered from retro shirts.co recently - white Adidas away but wasn’t happy with the badge or sizing - wasn’t right, sold it on eBay a couple of weeks ago - went for £86!

lord bunberry
22-01-2021, 09:33 PM
I got one from Aztec, it was decent quality. I’m going to order again, probably the frank graham green strip.

CraigHibee
22-01-2021, 10:36 PM
I bought a top from aztec and it never arrived, appears some folk get their tops and others dont

SteveHFC
23-01-2021, 03:14 PM
https://90sinspired.com/collections/hibs-inspired

What's everyone thoughts of these.

Think they're both smart.

mentalhibee
23-01-2021, 03:42 PM

Nice top but the brands take on the hibs badge puts me off buying it.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2021, 03:52 PM

I got the jacket for Christmas, pretty good quality.

BlackSheep
08-02-2021, 12:51 PM

So I ordered these two shirts from DP Retro on the 19th Jan and they arrived safe and sound today.

Very happy with them.

callumwatt32
08-02-2021, 12:59 PM

So I ordered these two shirts from DP Retro on the 19th Jan and they arrived safe and sound today.

Very happy with them.Ordered that same Hibs top & according to the tracking it should be here any day.

Already better than Diamond Retro as they shut down 4 days after I placed my order!

SteveHFC
08-02-2021, 02:56 PM

Very happy with them.

Just went to place an order for that Adidas shirt in a medium only to find out it's sold out.

BlackSheep
08-02-2021, 03:12 PM
Just went to place an order for that Adidas shirt in a medium only to find out it's sold out.

They make them on the small side so a large may fit.

Big_Franck
08-02-2021, 03:51 PM
I'd never seen the dpretro site before, but they've got quite a few Hibs tops. I've just ordered the Frank Graham Group white top with the green sleeves. Looks like they take 2/3 weeks but can't wait for it!

Ordered one of these (https://scottishtops.com/collections/hibs/products/hibs-franck-sauzee-t-shirt) before Christmas, quite basic but nice fit and quite smart.

callumwatt32
08-02-2021, 04:13 PM
I'd never seen the dpretro site before, but they've got quite a few Hibs tops. I've just ordered the Frank Graham Group white top with the green sleeves. Looks like they take 2/3 weeks but can't wait for it!

Ordered one of these (https://scottishtops.com/collections/hibs/products/hibs-franck-sauzee-t-shirt) before Christmas, quite basic but nice fit and quite smart.I ordered that exact top on January 19th & it arrived minutes ago

Big_Franck
08-02-2021, 04:53 PM
I ordered that exact top on January 19th & it arrived minutes ago

The DPRetro one or the scottishtops.com Sauzee t-shirt?

If you mean the Frank Graham Group one, how is it? Are the photos of it accurate? Never know whether to trust the photos.

callumwatt32
08-02-2021, 05:22 PM
The DPRetro one or the scottishtops.com Sauzee t-shirt?

If you mean the Frank Graham Group one, how is it? Are the photos of it accurate? Never know whether to trust the photos.Yeah the FG one. Photos are definitely accurate & fits well. A few loose threads to cut here and there around the badge stitching etc but all good [emoji106]

Big_Franck
08-02-2021, 06:19 PM
Yeah the FG one. Photos are definitely accurate & fits well. A few loose threads to cut here and there around the badge stitching etc but all good [emoji106]

Perfect, cheers! Hopefully have mine by the end of the month.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-02-2021, 06:24 PM

Very happy with them.

Can you put a link to them please

Big_Franck
08-02-2021, 07:24 PM
Can you put a link to them please

Its dpretro.com

tanfield
08-02-2021, 09:04 PM
Photos on the website look very similar to the old Aztec / Diamond Retro sites 🤔

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-02-2021, 10:24 PM

Sounds like Rangers fans in reverse trying to claim they are the same club

BlackSheep
09-02-2021, 06:22 AM
If you read this thread then you will see we have all been over this, proof is in the pudding. I took the chance and ordered and haven’t been let down, in fact the whole process has been much smoother than any Aztec/Diamond retro experience.

tanfield
09-02-2021, 01:21 PM
If you read this thread then you will see we have all been over this, proof is in the pudding. I took the chance and ordered and haven’t been let down, in fact the whole process has been much smoother than any Aztec/Diamond retro experience.

The website certainly looks night and day in a positive way compared to the Aztec / Diamond versions.

SteveHFC
10-02-2021, 03:45 PM
https://terracefcshirts.bigcartel.com/product/hibernian-track-top-1983

Smart that.

EI255
10-02-2021, 06:12 PM
https://terracefcshirts.bigcartel.com/product/hibernian-track-top-1983

Smart that.Used to own same one when I was a bairn.

SteveHFC
07-03-2021, 02:58 AM
Used to own same one when I was a bairn.

Mines arrived yesterday. Happy with it.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210307/a0e645d218052f7628320f3a10195883.jpg

Big_Franck
08-03-2021, 06:24 PM
I received my shirt today from dpretro.com. I ordered it on 8th February so took exactly one month to arrive and it's just as pictured on their website.

I ordered a large thinking they'd be small made but it looks pretty standard for a large and is 52cm across the chest from armpit to armpit.

lord bunberry
08-03-2021, 06:26 PM
I received my shirt today from dpretro.com. I ordered it on 8th February so took exactly one month to arrive and it's just as pictured on their website.

I ordered a large thinking they'd be small made but it looks pretty standard for a large and is 52cm across the chest from armpit to armpit.
I’ve ordered the same top on the 23rd of February.

Big_Franck
08-03-2021, 06:30 PM
I’ve ordered the same top on the 23rd of February.

Here's a close up of it. It wasn't allowing me to upload the image from my camera files so screenshotted it and appears to have uploaded.

lord bunberry
08-03-2021, 06:35 PM
Here's a close up of it. It wasn't allowing me to upload the image from my camera files so screenshotted it and appears to have uploaded.
Looks excellent, can’t wait for mine to arrive now.

skyehibee
08-03-2021, 07:02 PM

I got one too and arrived a couple days ago. I thought mine was slightly tight around the neck but other than that a good fit. Great top!

.Sean.
08-03-2021, 07:26 PM
That 80-81 home top on DP Retro is absolutely beautiful, the shade of green is as a Hibs top should be.

hibstag
09-03-2021, 05:43 PM
My 85-86 home Insave top arrived yesterday very pleased with it,

Seems to be a real upsurge in in retro remakes at the moment ordered a 'German template' adidas hibs sweatshirt
from another site

EI255
09-03-2021, 09:29 PM
My Adidas P&D just been posted. Have to say, DP retro have been excellent with updates, shipping info etc.

Pagan Hibernia
09-03-2021, 09:57 PM

very nice! :aok:

EI255
10-03-2021, 08:20 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou sure that was from DP retro? I didn't ever see this on their site. Did see it on another though [emoji848]

BlackSheep
10-03-2021, 08:54 AM
You sure that was from DP retro? I didn't ever see this on their site. Did see it on another though [emoji848]

Not a DP retro item.

Just Alf
10-03-2021, 09:04 AM
Not a DP retro item.Where's it from? Wouldn't mind having a wee look. Ta in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

nonshinyfinish
10-03-2021, 10:16 AM
Where's it from? Wouldn't mind having a wee look. Ta in advance!

The Hibs one isn't available anymore – I guess it was a limited run.

This is the site: https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/products – seems they recently changed from Terrace FC (per Steve's original link, now dead) to Retro FC.

Just Alf
10-03-2021, 11:28 AM
The Hibs one isn't available anymore – I guess it was a limited run.

This is the site: https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/products – seems they recently changed from Terrace FC (per Steve's original link, now dead) to Retro FC.Great thanks, will keep a note for future.

SteveHFC
10-03-2021, 01:11 PM
Great thanks, will keep a note for future.

They may do another run of them in the future.

lord bunberry
11-03-2021, 11:40 AM
Mine arrived this morning
https://i.ibb.co/9TWpjd1/FBED8862-EECF-4813-BC73-92-C95-ABD8-AB4.jpg (https://ibb.co/J7HcPSG)

HH81
11-03-2021, 01:46 PM
Is it good quality?

Printed badge?

lord bunberry
11-03-2021, 02:10 PM
Is it good quality?

Printed badge?
No it’s a proper badge. It’s not as good quality as the original, but you’d have to look closely to notice.

vein
11-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Mine arrived this morning
https://i.ibb.co/9TWpjd1/FBED8862-EECF-4813-BC73-92-C95-ABD8-AB4.jpg (https://ibb.co/J7HcPSG)

Same top just arrived for me. Glad I went up a size, it fits well. The only thing bugging me is the two badges, they have material behind them which I can see through the shirt when I’ve got it on. Not sure if that’s standard for these retro tops from Thailand or not?

lord bunberry
11-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Same top just arrived for me. Glad I went up a size, it fits well. The only thing bugging me is the two badges, they have material behind them which I can see through the shirt when I’ve got it on. Not sure if that’s standard for these retro tops from Thailand or not?
I’ve just noticed that as well. I’ve got an 80s one that’s green and you can’t notice it on that.

mentalhibee
11-03-2021, 04:58 PM

Mine was the same, I just trimmed off the extra material and made the back bit the same shape as the badge. Looks great now.

vein
11-03-2021, 05:16 PM
Mine was the same, I just trimmed off the extra material and made the back bit the same shape as the badge. Looks great now.

Glad someone else has tried that first and it worked, will give that a bash then.

EI255
12-03-2021, 07:36 PM
Same top just arrived for me. Glad I went up a size, it fits well. The only thing bugging me is the two badges, they have material behind them which I can see through the shirt when I’ve got it on. Not sure if that’s standard for these retro tops from Thailand or not?Are these different sizing compared to Aztec shirts then. I always ordered medium Aztecs, which fitted like a UK medium. Ordered medium in DP retro. Hope it fits!

SteveHFC
21-04-2021, 01:26 PM
Great thanks, will keep a note for future.

They are releasing this track top in the next few weeks

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_10/0E47C6CE-8F5C-4D20-A1E1-C36285FA7893.jpeg.4536e68a092f99da5e2781295b3552c6 .jpeg

Centre Hawf
22-04-2021, 01:52 AM

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/uploads/monthly_2018_10/0E47C6CE-8F5C-4D20-A1E1-C36285FA7893.jpeg.4536e68a092f99da5e2781295b3552c6 .jpeg

If they, or the club, ever released this again I would buy it in a heartbeat. The Adidas gear really was something special.

BlackSheep
22-04-2021, 06:40 AM

Who are ‘they’?

Bristolhibby
22-04-2021, 06:42 AM

That’s nice. What’s the sizing like? May well get the black one they are advertising.

J

.Sean.
22-04-2021, 06:45 AM
That’s nice. What’s the sizing like? May well get the black one they are advertising.

J
Where is it being advertised mate? Unless on being daft I can’t see it on DP Retro

nonshinyfinish
22-04-2021, 07:44 AM
Where is it being advertised mate? Unless on being daft I can’t see it on DP Retro

The thread's a bit mixed up because some references are to Retro FC (formerly Terrace FC), another company doing remakes of old kits etc. The black and green track top is here: https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/product/hibernian-tracktop-1987-88 (it's just 'coming soon' at the moment).

HH81
22-04-2021, 07:58 AM
Is this company where best paying with PayPal?

Looks smart though.

EI255
22-04-2021, 10:39 AM

Looks smart though.I'd pay any Thai company via PayPal

SteveHFC
22-04-2021, 11:56 AM

Looks smart though.

Indeed mate.

Normal sizing for others that are wondering.

Ray Donovan
23-04-2021, 01:06 PM

I'm thinking of getting one of these! I have this season's home top and it fits well and is XL. Are the diamond retro shirts comparable in size to our current macron ones?

Ray Donovan
23-04-2021, 09:23 PM
First post and no reply cmon team!

tamig
23-04-2021, 09:48 PM
First post and no reply cmon team!

I think SteveHFC has answered the question a couple above. Not Macron sizing but normal sizing.

SteveHFC
23-04-2021, 09:54 PM
I think SteveHFC has answered the question a couple above. Not Macron sizing but normal sizing.

Normal sizing guys :aok:

Ray Donovan
24-04-2021, 02:50 PM
Normal sizing guys :aok:

Thanks man

SteveHFC
23-06-2021, 01:35 AM
https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_images/308833164/hibs.png?auto=format&fit=max&w=650

The same company where i got my umbro track top from are releasing this soon :hyper

https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/

Big_Franck
23-06-2021, 08:17 AM
https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_images/308833164/hibs.png?auto=format&fit=max&w=650

The same company where i got my umbro track top from are releasing this soon :hyper

Cheers for that! How long did it take them to send you your last order? And what was the sizing like, pretty standard or smaller asian like sizes?

SteveHFC
23-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Cheers for that! How long did it take them to send you your last order? And what was the sizing like, pretty standard or smaller asian like sizes?

Took a few weeks mate and normal sizing. :aok:

Scottie
23-06-2021, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the heads up Steve just ordered. One of my favourite ever Hibs shirts :aok:

Sir David Gray
23-06-2021, 12:03 PM

This is a sore one - just spent considerably more than this on the same shirt from someone on Twitter for my brother's birthday. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
23-06-2021, 12:10 PM
This is a sore one - just spent considerably more than this on the same shirt from someone on Twitter for my brother's birthday. :greengrin

That was presumably an original – some of these remakes are decent, but the real thing will always be better.

Big_Franck
23-06-2021, 12:16 PM

Cheers!

SteveHFC
01-07-2021, 02:51 PM
https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_images/309008571/563B4148-45F7-4A51-AFCB-D8C472A37AAE.jpeg?auto=format&fit=max&w=650

This is available to order now. https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/product/hibernian-tracktop-1987-88

wallpaperman
01-07-2021, 04:47 PM
Do the club get a cut from these?

HH81
01-07-2021, 05:24 PM
Very much doubt it.

Steve have you ordered the from there recently?

SteveHFC
01-07-2021, 05:28 PM
Very much doubt it.

Steve have you ordered the from there recently?

Nope mate but will be ordering the adidas track top tonight at some point :aok:

Just Alf
01-07-2021, 05:30 PM
Do the club get a cut from these?Don't think so, the site expressly mentioned they're 'unofficial' versions.

Wonder if there would be a market for some sort of official back catalogue, I guess the current shirt sponsors wouldn't be too keen I suppose.

wallpaperman
01-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Don't think so, the site expressly mentioned they're 'unofficial' versions.

Wonder if there would be a market for some sort of official back catalogue, I guess the current shirt sponsors wouldn't be too keen I suppose.

They really should get a cut, I’m sure Hibs could kick up a fuss if they wanted, but it’s maybe such a small operation it’s not worth the bother.

MikeyS
01-07-2021, 09:12 PM
https://assets.bigcartel.com/product_images/309008571/563B4148-45F7-4A51-AFCB-D8C472A37AAE.jpeg?auto=format&fit=max&w=650

This is available to order now. https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/product/hibernian-tracktop-1987-88
I got that prior to the cup final but it has the sloped badge on. Its very good quality, wish I had s waited for that badge version however.

mcohibs
01-07-2021, 09:24 PM
They really should get a cut, I’m sure Hibs could kick up a fuss if they wanted, but it’s maybe such a small operation it’s not worth the bother.

It's something I've always wondered about. Counterfeit football tops are obviously illegal to distribute but what is it that makes something a 'remake' as opposed to counterfeit/fake? Who is it that approves the remake/ reissue? Is it a grey area?

I'd imagine you'd need to seek permission for mass producing tops with Umbro or Calor Gas brand logo on it also. If anyone knows the legalities of how these kind of things I'd be really interested to know

SteveHFC
01-07-2021, 09:27 PM

Here are some Liverpool remakes on their store.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/fashion/mens/retro-shirts-jackets

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/fashion/mens/jackets-outerwear

Sir David Gray
01-07-2021, 10:29 PM
Here are some Liverpool remakes on their store.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/fashion/mens/retro-shirts-jackets

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/fashion/mens/jackets-outerwear

Ignoring the fact that they're Liverpool tops, they are really smart.

I'd love Hibs to come out with something similar.