PDA

View Full Version : McNulty

Hibby soldier
28-02-2020, 10:03 AM
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-marc-mcnulty-sunderland-17828448?fbclid=IwAR0ehbXGF-QOoy0lXW5ynmRb0CBYn3BJzP-ZY1yUcrFWV-VvgqMLgmiUG2U

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 10:06 AM
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-marc-mcnulty-sunderland-17828448?fbclid=IwAR0ehbXGF-QOoy0lXW5ynmRb0CBYn3BJzP-ZY1yUcrFWV-VvgqMLgmiUG2U

Thanks for posting the link.

It's good to see that the EEN aren't alone in publshing non-stories.

Hibbyradge
28-02-2020, 11:24 AM
"I'd crawl over broken glass to play for Coventry".

Shocker.

Sammy7nil
28-02-2020, 11:27 AM
"I'd crawl over broken glass to play for Coventry".

Shocker.

if they get promoted he may walk around the broken glass to play for them :greengrin

J-C
28-02-2020, 11:30 AM
No end of season signing for us then.

Sean1875
28-02-2020, 11:33 AM
Id be happy with Doidge and Nisbet leading the line for us next season anyway :greengrin

Since452
28-02-2020, 11:34 AM
That's fine. That boy playing up front for Rangers looks brilliant 😉

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 11:35 AM

On his return to Hibs -

I’m delighted to be back. Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoyed my time at Hibs last season and how much I wanted to come back, so I’m grateful the people at the club pushed so hard to make it happen.

“It makes a difference knowing I’ll be playing for two guys who have already shown how much they want me and I’m looking forward to getting the chance to repay them.

“I also want to thank the supporters. From the day I left first time around I’ve had so many positive messages on social media. People probably don’t understand how much that can mean to a player.

“I’m desperate to be involved as soon as possible and help the team push on.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/marc-mcnulty-desperate-help-push-hibs-after-finally-sealing-return-1382159

bod
28-02-2020, 11:35 AM
I Take that with a pinch of salt the same way ex hibs players want to finish their career at Easter Road

sean04
28-02-2020, 11:37 AM
I’m still not convinced by McNulty. Flashes of being a top player but is it enough?

Iain G
28-02-2020, 11:56 AM
I’m still not convinced by McNulty. Flashes of being a top player but is it enough?

He is just here filling our Sparky role until we get the other one in the summer....Ron said so! Well he said we'd need a sparky to wire up the jumbotron but that must be code!

allezsauzee
28-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Like any sensible footballer Sparky isn't burning any bridges when talking about his former clubs and managers (take note Flo) and the headline reflects what the reporter wants readers to think rather than the reality. I'd like us to keep him but if JR has a better option up his sleeve all well and good.

calumhibee1
28-02-2020, 12:12 PM

Likewise. Statistically decent but I don’t ever think he looks up to much. Hard to argue with the goals though.

sean04
28-02-2020, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=calumhibee1;6099220]Likewise. Statistically decent but I don’t ever think he looks up to much. Hard to argue with the goals though.[/QUOTE

Hopefully can kick on from now and score a few goals

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 01:24 PM
Was outstanding versus BSC looking for more of the same tonight

J-C
28-02-2020, 01:34 PM
I think McNulty is decent but no more than that, makes good runs and links up well but I think he's replaceable.

Since452
28-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Was outstanding versus BSC looking for more of the same tonight

To be fair it was a Scotland cap against butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. I get what you mean though. His movement is top notch and he can finish.

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 02:37 PM
To be fair it was a Scotland cap against butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. I get what you mean though. His movement is top notch and he can finish.

His finishing and composure was top quality that day but like everyone else I am a bit meh about him not too fussed if he stays or goes tbh just hoping McNulty and Doidgeinello can get us over the line tonight that’s all that matters

MrRobot
28-02-2020, 04:50 PM
i like mcnulty but wouldn’t break the bank to sign him.

Nicho87
28-02-2020, 04:59 PM
The type of interview we should be slapping on the wall saying your at hibs even if you don’t see yourself hear next year. Cut it out.

Vault Boy
28-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Just an ambitious player being ambitious. Nothing upsetting that's for sure. He'll have to do the business for us in order to get that chance.

Smartie
28-02-2020, 05:07 PM
I don't mind McNulty, he's a useful enough player but we need to be realistic - he doesn't give a flying one about us and wouldn't be here if he had any better offers. This is an attempt to secure a better offer come the summer.

Getting him permanently will be out of our price range, so we can expect him to do ok when he's with us, get the odd decent move to various clubs down South and constantly be shifted out on loan due to not being quite good enough to play at a level better than ours. English football has more money than sense and he will manage to squeeze a good few quid out of clubs there for a few years yet without really making a significant contribution on the park. The same goes for Cummings (I know, Liverpool reserves).

They are players at our level but can earn more, and that is what they should do, before coming back and not being good enough for us.

H18 SFR
28-02-2020, 05:11 PM
On his return to Hibs -

I’m delighted to be back. Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoyed my time at Hibs last season and how much I wanted to come back, so I’m grateful the people at the club pushed so hard to make it happen.

“It makes a difference knowing I’ll be playing for two guys who have already shown how much they want me and I’m looking forward to getting the chance to repay them.

“I also want to thank the supporters. From the day I left first time around I’ve had so many positive messages on social media. People probably don’t understand how much that can mean to a player.

“I’m desperate to be involved as soon as possible and help the team push on.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/marc-mcnulty-desperate-help-push-hibs-after-finally-sealing-return-1382159

Had to double check it wasn't an interview with Kamberi there.

H18 SFR
28-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Hit done there too early. It's just typical footballer interviews.

Craig_in_Prague
28-02-2020, 05:19 PM
I don't mind McNulty, he's a useful enough player but we need to be realistic - he doesn't give a flying one about us and wouldn't be here if he had any better offers. This is an attempt to secure a better offer come the summer.

Getting him permanently will be out of our price range, so we can expect him to do ok when he's with us, get the odd decent move to various clubs down South and constantly be shifted out on loan due to not being quite good enough to play at a level better than ours. English football has more money than sense and he will manage to squeeze a good few quid out of clubs there for a few years yet without really making a significant contribution on the park. The same goes for Cummings (I know, Liverpool reserves).

They are players at our level but can earn more, and that is what they should do, before coming back and not being good enough for us.

Yep.
So many players who are average earning silly / serious money down in England.

ekhibee
28-02-2020, 05:50 PM
Like some others on this thread I quite like McNulty, but not sure if he's really one of the players that RG had in mind when he was talking about making us into a regular top 4 team etc, McNulty works hard, he does score goals which is why we've got him, but just not 100% sure he's the type of player that going to help us progress. He's a loan deal so maybe that's quite a good thing, we couldn't afford to pay the same wages as what he's been getting down south but I'm not totally convinced it's worth pushing the boat out to try and sign him anyway.

Irish-Hibee
28-02-2020, 08:57 PM
Needs to stop taking penalties ASAP

Since452
28-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Needs to stop taking penalties ASAP

Or start

calumhibee1
28-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Still not convinced tbh. His goals make it hard to make a case against him but I just don’t see a very good player when I watch him.

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 09:10 PM
Still not convinced tbh. His goals make it hard to make a case against him but I just don’t see a very good player when I watch him.I though he was brilliant tonight. Very unselfish for Scott Allan's goal.

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2020, 09:13 PM
Better second half but first half he was really poor.

Greenbeard
28-02-2020, 10:34 PM
I though he was brilliant tonight. Very unselfish for Scott Allan's goal.
So poor first half I wouldn't have been shocked had he not come out for the second half.
Not good to see him and Hanlon fighting over who should take the pen. Doesn't smack of team togetherness. I'd have thought it would have been agreed before KO who was first up on pen duty but listening to JR on the radio post-match it sounds like nothing had been agreed.

bigwheel
28-02-2020, 10:39 PM
This place always goes for exaggeration....McNulty wasn’t poor in the first half....his movement and runs were excellent. Link up play could have been better, but nowhere near poor...good shift in second half...deserved a goal..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2020, 11:17 PM
This place always goes for exaggeration....McNulty wasn’t poor in the first half....his movement and runs were excellent. Link up play could have been better, but nowhere near poor...good shift in second half...deserved a goal..

Nah, he was poor first half without a doubt.

HendoDelivered
28-02-2020, 11:18 PM
People need to remember he’s still not fully match fit yet and hasn’t played a lot of football. He is a good striker on his day as he proved last season when we went on a run under PH. He will come good. Doidge a good example of this. Give him time.

Smartie
28-02-2020, 11:25 PM
I thought Mcnulty was pretty poor tonight - good ball for the second goal though. Allan didn’t do much better other than the finish for the second goal. Even though they weren’t at their best that’s still a pretty decent contribution to make.

CockneyRebel
29-02-2020, 12:34 AM

First half he messed up every bit of link up play he was involved in. Much better second half yeah but don't airbrush the dodgy bits.

The 90+2
29-02-2020, 12:46 AM
I thought Mcnulty was pretty poor tonight - good ball for the second goal though. Allan didn’t do much better other than the finish for the second goal. Even though they weren’t at their best that’s still a pretty decent contribution to make.

Allan played Boyle in for the penalty and sending off we had, he also sprayed the ball about stretching their midfield, he actually works perfect with Doc. Posters didn’t want Ambrose back permanently because he left us and wouldn’t be match fit (when he clearly is as Saturday showed) yet Mcnulty gets a free pass because he’s not played many games when he chose to go to Sunderland ahead of us? It’s pick and choose.

MM has been poor by his own standards since coming back and needs a erm spark. He’s a fantastic footballer when he gets going, he should have took the penalty to get him up and running again.

Unseen work
29-02-2020, 01:22 AM
I just think he looks a good but overweight still and will take a while to shed it.

I would like to see him here permanently as I think a good pre season and playing week in week out he would be a very good player for us and hit 15+ in a season relatively comfortably.

He’s not firing on all cylinders just yet buts he’s a good, intelligent player.

bigwheel
29-02-2020, 03:18 AM
First half he messed up every bit of link up play he was involved in. Much better second half yeah but don't airbrush the dodgy bits.

I didn’t

TimeForHeroes16
29-02-2020, 04:13 AM
He would have been back to Coventry in January if this was the case, to be honest really like Mcnulty no matter what even if he isn’t playing good he still puts a shift in and does the basics well I’d rather him than someone’s work rate like kamberi.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we didn’t get him as I feel we could get someone better, id like someone with the attitude of mcnulty and work rate but with flare like kamberi, Doidge & Gullan I feel are two great strikers we just need that magic man who’s gonna dance around defenders

tonyrougier123
29-02-2020, 05:24 AM
Put thru boyle for the stone wall pen we never received with a defence splitting pass,I thought he had a decent game both halves.
A double against the jambos on tuesday incoming!!👍

Tyler Durden
29-02-2020, 06:03 AM
Allan played Boyle in for the penalty and sending off we had, he also sprayed the ball about stretching their midfield, he actually works perfect with Doc. Posters didn’t want Ambrose back permanently because he left us and wouldn’t be match fit (when he clearly is as Saturday showed) yet Mcnulty gets a free pass because he’s not played many games when he chose to go to Sunderland ahead of us? It’s pick and choose.

MM has been poor by his own standards since coming back and needs a erm spark. He’s a fantastic footballer when he gets going, he should have took the penalty to get him up and running again.

It was McNulty who played Boyle in for the penalty that wasn’t given.

I agree he was generally poor but did have some brilliant moments

TimeForHeroes16
29-02-2020, 06:22 AM
It was McNulty who played Boyle in for the penalty that wasn’t given.

I agree he was generally poor but did have some brilliant moments

Your last sentence. I agree but when he’s not scoring or being brilliant for example the Horgan derby last year his assist for the first was good to see chasing the ball down and whips on a cross. Dundee away last season nearly the same thing he done at tynie chase a nothing ball down the flank whipped a ball into Kamberi goal.

What I’m saying is when he’s poor he still offers something. As I’ve said a few posts back I do really like him, would like it he stayed but wouldn’t mind if he left as I feel we could get someone in better.

Tyler Durden
29-02-2020, 06:25 AM
Your last sentence. I agree but when he’s not scoring or being brilliant for example the Horgan derby last year his assist for the first was good to see chasing the ball down and whips on a cross. Dundee away last season nearly the same thing he done at tynie chase a nothing ball down the flank whipped a ball into Kamberi goal.

What I’m saying is when he’s poor he still offers something. As I’ve said a few posts back I do really like him, would like it he stayed but wouldn’t mind if he left as I feel we could get someone in better.

I agree with your summary. He’s got quality and works hard. Hopefully he’ll get stronger with the benefit of playing games. Just hasn’t looked as sharp as I’d have expected so far.

DaveF
29-02-2020, 06:29 AM
I agree with your summary. He’s got quality and works hard. Hopefully he’ll get stronger with the benefit of playing games. Just hasn’t looked as sharp as I’d have expected so far.

I would agree with that. He made a good contribution last night, and should have scored. Was also confident enough to want the penalty. Hopefully Tuesday is when it clicks for him as Gullan is definitely putting pressure on.

BILLYHIBS
29-02-2020, 06:34 AM

Agree thought he was poor again last night

We and I am sure Marc McNulty expect better

He won’t be getting near any Scotland teams anytime soon

Has missed his last two penalties for HIBS so it is a no from me as penalty taker

Needs to get his shooting boots on the sooner the better

Just imho of course

29-02-2020, 11:25 AM
Put thru boyle for the stone wall pen we never received with a defence splitting pass,I thought he had a decent game both halves.
A double against the jambos on tuesday incoming!!👍

Plus he deserves a lot of credit for setting up Scotty after seeing he was in a better position to score. Did the same with Docherty v BSC.

bigwheel
29-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Watched the whole game again...McNulty was busy in the first half ..didn’t do Much wrong ..perhaps not involved enough, but far from a poor performance ...more effective in the second half ..suggest those who think he was poor watch it again ...

Ozyhibby
29-02-2020, 11:52 AM
McNulty has done ok and is a better option than Kamberri. Should have scored last night in the 2nd half. Still hope we get Nisbet in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
29-02-2020, 11:52 AM
Watched the whole game again...McNulty was busy in the first half ..didn’t do Much wrong ..perhaps not involved enough, but far from a poor performance ...more effective in the second half ..suggest those who think he was poor watch it again ...Some people on here seem hell bent on finding something to criticise. I don't know if it's an effort to show superior knowledge or what, but most of the time it's totally unjustified.

McNulty was *****.
-No he wasn't.
OK, but he was ***** in the first half...

Hanlon was *****.
- He made one mistake.
Aye but he was *****...

BILLYHIBS
29-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Happy to go along with Jonnyboys summing up of McNultys performance last night

Sounds about fair

Greenbeard
29-02-2020, 12:24 PM
McNulty has done ok and is a better option than Kamberri. Should have scored last night in the 2nd half. Still hope we get Nisbet in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A better option than the £10m rated Hun striker? Really?
Whether he had a poor first half or not, I wholeheartedly* agree with you.

*is that a word that we are allows to use on Hibs.net?

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 06:50 PM
A better option than the £10m rated Hun striker? Really?
Whether he had a poor first half or not, I wholeheartedly* agree with you.

*is that a word that we are allows to use on Hibs.net?

Nobody rates Kamberi at £10m.

Weegreenman
29-02-2020, 08:56 PM
I like McNulty but I would like to see more goals from him. If he earns a big move down south then as long as he gives us his 100% best then I’ll wish him all the very best.

However, in the mean time. Get your finger out wee man and let everyone see what your about.

weecounty hibby
29-02-2020, 09:55 PM
I think Kamberi probably does!!

DH1875
29-02-2020, 09:59 PM

Tongue and cheek, no?