PDA

View Full Version : FF Lower Singing

Pages : [1] 2

hughio
28-02-2020, 10:02 AM
Now that other thread's been closed (cos of all the bickering) can someone confirm whether or not we should swap tix and move to FF lower for some atmosphere tonight ...or has thet idea been shelved altogether?

Anyone?

McKenzie
28-02-2020, 10:02 AM
Shelved. They are staying in upper for time being with long term update to be announced shortly going by their twitter

hughio
28-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Shelved. They are staying in upper for time being with long term update to be announced shortly going by their twitter

Thank you Mac.

HarpyHibby
28-02-2020, 07:45 PM
That’s the singing section moved to the FF Lower..

LancashireHibby
28-02-2020, 07:58 PM
Hope tonight’s move was one made in conjunction with the club or I doubt they’ll be getting much help in future.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 08:05 PM
Hope tonight’s move was one made in conjunction with the club or I doubt they’ll be getting much help in future.

They’ve done the right thing regardless of whether they had permission. Legality does not equal morality, and it was absolutely the correct thing to do

LancashireHibby
28-02-2020, 08:09 PM
They’ve done the right thing regardless of whether they had permission. Legality does not equal morality, and it was absolutely the correct thing to do
Without wishing to make too much of an issue until the facts are known, it very much is a legal issue if this has been done without prior permission as it basically puts Hibs in breach of their safety certificate.

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 08:10 PM
Morality? Brilliant!

Johnny Clash
Sounding good on tv.

Andy74

I’ve no idea who knew what about moving down but IF it was expressly against club wishes then it will do their case damage in the long run.

Tambo
28-02-2020, 08:11 PM
Much better sounding atmosphere 2nd half from the tv.

hibee_girl
28-02-2020, 08:11 PM
I’ve no idea who knew what about moving down but IF it was expressly against club wishes then it will do their case damage in the long run.

:agree:

Jack Hackett
28-02-2020, 08:15 PM
It's absolutely clear from a TV point of view that the part-timers in the FF lower need to be moved on.

The few 1875ers now occupying the side of the stand have increased the atmosphere exponentially in the 2nd half.

The time has come for the lower FF to be turned into safe standing, and get back to the days of the cave

Andy74
28-02-2020, 08:18 PM
It's absolutely clear from a TV point of view that the part-timers in the FF lower need to be moved on.

The few 1875ers now occupying the side of the stand have increased the atmosphere exponentially in the 2nd half.

The time has come for the lower FF to be turned into safe standing, and get back to the days of the cave

Nonsense like this about other fans, mainly kids, doesn’t help either.

murray26
28-02-2020, 08:18 PM
I’ve got agree the atmosphere seems to have improved a lot..

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 08:20 PM

A good atmosphere is the only thing that “helps”

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 08:21 PM

I think showcasing just how good the atmosphere can be at Easter Road is only going to help their case for turning the FF lower into a safe standing area.

We all want the same thing, an atmospheric ER!

Jack Hackett
28-02-2020, 08:22 PM

Do one!

Steve-O
28-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Looks much better where it is and if it was expanded it’d be even better. Move it to FF Lower ASAP.

Andy74
28-02-2020, 08:24 PM

No ones really disagreeing about wanting a good atmosphere.

What people have been constantly pointing out is that in a modern stadium with large season ticket holder numbers it needs dealt with in the right way.

Being ***** about everything just gets you into a very weak negotiating position.

Andy74
28-02-2020, 08:25 PM
Do one!

You keep showing your class there.

Stairway 2 7
28-02-2020, 08:25 PM
Looks and sounds brilliant, get it done hibs

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 08:26 PM

ManlyOz
Atmosphere is night and day! Has to be moved

Johnny Clash
I bet the kids in the FF lower also loving the much improved atmosphere. Think the singing section have managed to prove their point tonight. Well done all those involved. Hopefully common sense will now prevail.

Jack Hackett
28-02-2020, 08:27 PM
You keep showing your class there.

... and you keep showing how distanced you are from what is obvious to everyone else. Do you take contrary positions for effect or does it come naturally?

Andy74
28-02-2020, 08:30 PM
... and you keep showing how distanced you are from what is obvious to everyone else. Do you take contrary positions for effect or does it come naturally?

You’re not really understanding my point or the ones being made by others.

It’s not about whether that’s the right place or not, it is getting to a point where it can be done taking into consideration the current set up.

Provoking everyone is not going to help.

HendoDelivered
28-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Class tonight but still it rather be back to East.

Steve-O
28-02-2020, 08:36 PM
If it got to a point where it was basically full for every game it would look great. Simple as that. If it was full in the top tier, only people at the game would even see it! Pointless

LancashireHibby
28-02-2020, 08:36 PM
For what it is worth, tweet from Kieran Power just now seems to intimate that tonight was done with the club’s assistance so that’s good news. Think they’re outnumbered by stewards just now though!

CMac1988
28-02-2020, 08:37 PM
As someone who couldn't make it tonight I've caught most of the game on TV and the singing and noise is coming through loud and clear on the TV. Being close to the pitch side Mic's will play a role but all in all great job on helping the atmosphere.

Jack Hackett
28-02-2020, 08:38 PM
You’re not really understanding my point or the ones being made by others.

It’s not about whether that’s the right place or not, it is getting to a point where it can be done taking into consideration the current set up.

Provoking everyone is not going to help.

It's arguable that the improvement in atmosphere in the 2nd half has galvanised the team. Inconveniencing a few seasons who are conspicuous by their absence would be a small price to pay. The FF is an embarrassment as it stands. It needs changing, and asap

Since452
28-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Proof was in the pudding tonight. So much better second half. Take note Leeann and Ron.

Andy74
28-02-2020, 08:42 PM
It's arguable that the improvement in atmosphere in the 2nd half has galvanised the team. Inconveniencing a few seasons who are conspicuous by their absence would be a small price to pay. The FF is an embarrassment as it stands. It needs changing, and asap

Yeah but making that argument without criticising others is going to be much more constructive.

It has been done to death but for regular games those seats have been sold. Kids of course are going to be part timers.

It is also not easy for the club in a modern stadium to tolerate the standing and the scale of stewarding.

It just needs thought out properly and discussed properly.

If the club helped tonight then fair do’s but let’s have sensible discussions and actions rather than the hostile approach.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Yeah but making that argument without criticising others is going to be much more constructive.

It has been done to death but for regular games those seats have been sold. Kids of course are going to be part timers.

It is also not easy for the club in a modern stadium to tolerate the standing and the scale of stewarding.

It just needs thought out properly and discussed properly.

If the club helped tonight then fair do’s but let’s have sensible discussions and actions rather than the hostile approach.

Completely agree with you mate, and I'm certain that was a one-off, an invasion of the Famous Five lower won't be happening every week! But equally it was good to see the potential for it, otherwise we'd still be wondering what if etc.

But I get your point and you're right, everyone should be constructive going forward, because we have the potential to do something great down there

Andy74
28-02-2020, 08:46 PM
Completely agree with you mate, and I'm certain that was a one-off, an invasion of the Famous Five lower won't be happening every week! But equally it was good to see the potential for it, otherwise we'd still be wondering what if etc.

But I get your point and you're right, everyone should be constructive going forward, because we have the potential to do something great down there

Agree and it did sound good.

cabbageandribs1875
28-02-2020, 08:51 PM
made a difference 👍👍👍👌👐👏

marinello59
28-02-2020, 08:53 PM
Morality? Legality? Remember when we just used to go to the fitba? :greengrin
I though it was pretty funny when they disappeared at half time then turned up en masse in the lower. stand. Nobody was harmed and we won easily, it should be smiles all round.

PH91
28-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Great atmosphere second half, move really helped. Wouldv been twice as good if they were in the east.

California-Hibs
28-02-2020, 08:57 PM
Sounded SO much better on tv with them in the lower and also looked far better! Hopefully Hibs can get something sorted with them and current season ticket holders in there. Maybe too soon for next season but the season after?

Since452
28-02-2020, 08:59 PM
Sounded SO much better on tv with them in the lower and also looked far better! Hopefully Hibs can get something sorted with them and current season ticket holders in there. Maybe too soon for next season but the season after?

Yup. Looked and sounded better. Surely a no brainer now

Hibs4185
28-02-2020, 09:00 PM
For what it is worth, tweet from Kieran Power just now seems to intimate that tonight was done with the club’s assistance so that’s good news. Think they’re outnumbered by stewards just now though!

If so that’s great. If I was a youngster, I’d love to be next to the flags and drums. If I was the singing section and their hangers on, I’d be more inclined to behave if I was beside the kids.

Win win. Needs done

hfc rd
28-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Atmosphere was much better when they moved down to the lower. I was sitting in West near the south and could hear them much clearer.

FFL is where they should be

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Loved the difference they made, its certainly given the club something to think about. :top marks

Oscar T Grouch
28-02-2020, 09:06 PM
That was night and day tonight, I barely notice the singing section when they are in the top tier, I was singing along tonight with them as was a lot of people round me in the east. I think the club need to look at making this permanent. I know it will cause disruption to some but the improvement was there for all to see.

Golden Bear
28-02-2020, 09:08 PM
I watched the game on the box tonight and it's got to be said what a bunch of amateurs BBC Scotland are when it comes down to camera work. They're not in the same league as Sky Sports, BT Sport or even Premier Sports. And yes, the singing section did make a big difference to the atmosphere in the second half .

GreenCastle
28-02-2020, 09:09 PM
Loved that they moved down.

What a difference having a support that the players shoot towards and score 4 goals !

Plus encouraged the East to sing more.

Kept looking across at it - was weird seeing it full.

Could a compromise be found - give them a few blocks and slowly family in other blocks and lower west ends ? Sounds mad but maybe could work.

Like having behind the goals and east singing - rather than just East.

HibbySpurs
28-02-2020, 09:09 PM

Part timers? Mostly ST holders who are bringing the next generation of Hibs fans to their early games?

Seriously, have a word.

Have to add that yes it improved the atmosphere 2nd half and I do think the SS should probably be moved here and I think many currently in the FFL would agree but there really is no need to call other supporters mostly ST holders like I said who possibly are on a budget with kids in tow and maybe have other family commitments or work on a Friday evening part timers.

Heedersnvolleys
28-02-2020, 09:10 PM
Great atmosphere second half. Done exactly what I said on the other threads, it attracted the kids to them rather than scare them away. There was 4 wee boys at the front just to left of them and they bounced about all the second half, brilliant, surely after tonight this issue can be put to bed?

18Craig75
28-02-2020, 09:14 PM
Watched from Budapest and the atmosphere in the second half sounded great. A good mix of songs as well, some old some new. Food for thought for the club now! I’m sure they’ll do what they can to facilitate a better atmosphere without upsetting folk intentionally.

Tully
28-02-2020, 09:16 PM
I sit in famous 5 lower they made a massive difference

Irish_Steve
28-02-2020, 09:18 PM

Where you at the game tonight, just asking

Chuck Rhoades
28-02-2020, 09:21 PM
https://i.ibb.co/whWKt5D/E1-F0830-D-1-AB0-48-FA-AED6-537260-DB30-C0.jpg (https://ibb.co/0yMf5HP)

The 90+2
28-02-2020, 09:25 PM
Much better sounding atmosphere 2nd half from the tv.

Definitely better second half. Was pap first half hope they don’t get in ****.

GreenCastle
28-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Great atmosphere second half. Done exactly what I said on the other threads, it attracted the kids to them rather than scare them away. There was 4 wee boys at the front just to left of them and they bounced about all the second half, brilliant, surely after tonight this issue can be put to bed?

Yup - noticed kids running towards it once they realised what was happening.

I agree it would actually help the future generation of Hibs fans so maybe having a half and half stand could actually be the solution. 3 blocks family and 2 singing section.

CB_NO3
28-02-2020, 09:29 PM
Good on the young guys tbh. The Famous Five is a waste just now and not getting utilized to its potential. I just hope we see a full standing section behind the goals in the future.

HibbySpurs
28-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Yup - noticed kids running towards it once they realised what was happening.

I agree it would actually help the future generation of Hibs fans so maybe having a half and half stand could actually be the solution. 3 blocks family and 2 singing section.

Agreewith this, make the middle sections safe standing and keep the lower “wings” seated for families . Only problem I see with this is demarcation in the sense that the safe standing area could get overcrowded if those in the seats tried to join those standing during a game.

wookie70
28-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Didn't notice much of a difference in volume 1st to second half from the SS. They could just about be heard both halves. The difference in the second half was the East joined in. They would join in far more if the SS moved to the end of the east nearest the south. Hopefully, the move tonight was done with the club, seems a bizarre way to do it though.

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2020, 09:32 PM
https://i.ibb.co/whWKt5D/E1-F0830-D-1-AB0-48-FA-AED6-537260-DB30-C0.jpg (https://ibb.co/0yMf5HP)

Looks good there, shame if this had been organised with proper notice there might’ve been a bigger block. Good start though, and as people have said it looks like from Kieran Power’s tweet that the club were kept in the know, so well done all involved!

Lancs Harp
28-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Looked good to me. Great to see exhuberant fans going a bit mental after the goals went in.

28-02-2020, 09:35 PM
I sit in FF lower but along other side nearer the West Stand but having the singing section down with us really helped the atmosphere I thought. If a deal can be struck that doesn't p*** off ST holders in that area I think it's one to consider full time.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 09:49 PM
I sit in the East. There was a wee group of 5 or 6 bairns, just to the left of the singing section as I looked at it, who were jumping about enjoying themselves in the second half. Like they should be.

Atmosphere much better second half, a lot of the crowd reacted to them moving down.

GreenCastle
28-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Really young kids in West lower
10-15 years olds in lower FF near West
Singing section in other blocks in FF lower

Natural progression (Order!)

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Didn't notice much of a difference in volume 1st to second half from the SS. They could just about be heard both halves. The difference in the second half was the East joined in. They would join in far more if the SS moved to the end of the east nearest the south. Hopefully, the move tonight was done with the club, seems a bizarre way to do it though.

Of course it wasn’t organised by the club. And why should it be? The place was bloody empty. So what if they wanted to move...

Cammy
28-02-2020, 09:51 PM
If so that’s great. If I was a youngster, I’d love to be next to the flags and drums. If I was the singing section and their hangers on, I’d be more inclined to behave if I was beside the kids.

Win win. Needs done

Totally agree, my son and his friend went over to join in while I stayed with my daughter, I wanted to go over too but we settled for joining in with the songs from a bit further over.

I don’t think there is the divide that a lot of people are trying to make out. I think like a lot of others are saying that the problem is for the regular league games where most of the seats are already sold. However, this is maybe where the new pricing structure comes into play and hopefully allows families to naturally move to other areas of the stadium without creating any division in the support.

A good atmosphere tonight that left my son buzzing at the end :flag::flag:

Juniper Greens
28-02-2020, 09:52 PM
A lot of thumbs up around, but from the south end of the west, didn't notice a difference in the noise apart from the first 10 mins of the second half. Front of the East is where they should be

Pretty Boy
28-02-2020, 09:59 PM
There are multiple points to consider.

Was the noise better 2nd half? Yes it was.

Why? The location played a part but so did the effort involved. I sit in the FF upper so have no interruption between me and the SS. There is no doubt the guys made far more effort to be heard in the 2nd half and understandably so. They had a chance to prove a point and took it.

Can it be maintained? Who knows. I had a quick dig back to find threads mentioning the SS immediately after they moved to their current location. A few of them are full of praise for the improvement seen by moving to the FF upper when compared to the previous position in the East. Does that suggest some people just like change? Or that something new attracts more excitement?

Tonight was a positive start if the aim was to prove moving the section, current ST holders and potentially the entire family section was a good idea. The million dollar question is does it make sense in the long term? It's up to the group thmelsves to prove that to the club.

Irish_Steve
28-02-2020, 10:02 PM
I sit in the FF Upper too, just across from the Singing Section and they actually sounded louder when they went downstairs!

Possibly because they were trying harder to prove a point as you said but also because we had something to sing about!

Cammy
28-02-2020, 10:03 PM

No need. :rolleyes: I can assure you that the loyal fans like myself, my kids and those immediately around us, that are there every week, want the atmosphere improved as much as everyone else. You seem to forget, we are all Hibs Fans.

Let’s move things forward without putting down other fans.

Carheenlea
28-02-2020, 10:08 PM
I’m in West Upper and would say it was that much louder, a little bit perhaps, but it was obviously louder to those in East which acted as a spark to ignite more singing from there, and as a result even us in the west upper threatened to join in at one point.

After initially feeling there wouldn’t be a huge difference, I’d now have to admit that a move to lower would be a positive factor in improving the atmosphere within the stadium.

ABZHFC
I say this as someone who definitely could be accused of being somewhat 'hostile' to some of those who disagreed on other threads, but I am happy that 99.9% of us are on the same page in terms of wanting Easter Road to be rocking week in, week out.

I don't want any Hibs fan left feeling pissed off by a singing section move at a future date, all I hoped for was a chance to show what it could possibly look like. Even at short notice, I thought it was great, and helped the atmosphere a lot. Of course, as others have said, there's still a long way to go, but I think a night like tonight was a good start in terms of helping demonstrate the potential value in getting a permanent section down there (and hopefully one that grows to the whole lower tier one day).

All future stuff though, and like many have said already, it has to be done with everyone on board. I too will try and adhere to this sentiment by trying to not lose my patience on future threads on the topic :agree:

tonyrougier123
Imagine that in every section of the lower??I know where my season ticket cash would be going!

Superb lads and lassies tonight!

wookie70
28-02-2020, 10:10 PM
Of course it wasn’t organised by the club. And why should it be? The place was bloody empty. So what if they wanted to move... The singing section was half empty upstairs too as was huge areas in the East. I never said organised. It has to be done with the club.

theonlywayisup
28-02-2020, 10:10 PM
It really frustrates me when posters come on here and say "just move the family section" out of the FFL. It's not helpful to the debate at all. No one is going to move the Family Section without any consultation. And the club isn't going to run the risk of losing fans over a mismanaged move.

However, no-one can deny that the move today was a huge success. The noise generated was much louder and reciprocated by others in the ground. Well done the Singing Section.

What I noticed was that the young kids around me in the FFL loved it and joined in. I'm now of the opinion that the sections closest to the east in the FFL should be reserved for the Singing Section whilst keeping the sections immediately behind the goal and toward the West for families, but only after the appropriate consultation has taken place. Over time, I see the Singing Section growing.

I've changed my opinion on this matter and I hope others do the same. What I won't agree with is comments that say "just move the family section". In closing, I think Jack Hackett needs to stay away from the keyboard as he isn't helping the debate at all.

tonyrougier123
28-02-2020, 10:12 PM
I’m in West Upper and would say it was that much louder, a little bit perhaps, but it was obviously louder to those in East which acted as a spark to ignite more singing from there, and as a result even us in the west upper threatened to join in at one point.

After initially feeling there wouldn’t be a huge difference, I’d now have to admit that a move to lower would be a positive factor in improving the atmosphere within the stadium.

Offt! If the west upper is nearly launching the prawn sanies and bursting into song it must be a positive move 😂👍.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 10:12 PM
It really frustrates me when posters come on here and say "just move the family section" out of the FFL. It's not helpful to the debate at all. No one is going to move the Family Section without any consultation. And the club isn't going to run the risk of losing fans over a mismanaged move.

However, no-one can deny that the move today was a huge success. The noise generated was much louder and reciprocated by others in the ground. Well done the Singing Section.

What I noticed was that the young kids around me in the FFL loved it and joined in. I'm now of the opinion that the sections closest to the east in the FFL should be reserved for the Singing Section whilst keeping the sections immediately behind the goal and toward the West for families, but only after the appropriate consultation has taken place. Over time, I see the Singing Section growing.

I've changed my opinion on this matter and I hope others do the same. What I won't agree with is comments that say "just move the family section". I'm closing, I think Jack Hackett needs to stay away from the keyboard as he isn't helping the debate at all.

I think that was the nicest part of it too mate, really great to see youngsters bouncing around and joining in with the songs. I dare say when they go back to school on Monday, them singing all the songs and talking about the games is the kind of thing that will maybe have their pals asking their parents to come along too!

theonlywayisup
28-02-2020, 10:15 PM
I say this as someone who definitely could be accused of being somewhat 'hostile' to some of those who disagreed on other threads, but I am happy that 99.9% of us are on the same page in terms of wanting Easter Road to be rocking week in, week out.

I don't want any Hibs fan left feeling pissed off by a singing section move at a future date, all I hoped for was a chance to show what it could possibly look like. Even at short notice, I thought it was great, and helped the atmosphere a lot. Of course, as others have said, there's still a long way to go, but I think a night like tonight was a good start in terms of helping demonstrate the potential value in getting a permanent section down there (and hopefully one that grows to the whole lower tier one day).

All future stuff though, and like many have said already, it has to be done with everyone on board. I too will try and adhere to this sentiment by trying to not lose my patience on future threads on the topic :agree:

I usually disagree with everything you say on this subject, but I agree with your post. We have to work together.

Well done guys.

Irish_Steve
28-02-2020, 10:15 PM

I've changed my opinion on this matter and I hope others do the same. What I won't agree with is comments that say "just move the family section". In closing, I think Jack Hackett needs to stay away from the keyboard as he isn't helping the debate at all.

Judging by the times he was posting he either:

A) Wasn`t paying attention whilst at the game or

B) Wasn`t there at all so has no right to call anyone else a "part-timer"

hibsbollah
28-02-2020, 10:18 PM
I think that was the nicest part of it too mate, really great to see youngsters bouncing around and joining in with the songs. I dare say when they go back to school on Monday, them singing all the songs and talking about the games is the kind of thing that will maybe have their pals asking their parents to come along too!

Tonight was the first night game Bollah Jr has been to with his mates and without me. He's not long back, bragging about winning a seven goal thriller, and being part of some sort of mass take over of the famous five :dunno: He's now wanting to follow the SS wherever they go :dunno: I thought he was talking nonsense about the second bit until I came online...

RoYO!
28-02-2020, 10:18 PM
The family section does not need to be the entire lower tier. Time and again it is proven that there is not the demand for this many seats.

Make the family section the first few blocks of the FFL towards the west and the remainder for the singing section.

I also feel that theres less chance of nonsense if they are not right next to the away fans i.e the front of the east at the south end.

h1bs4life
28-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Hats off and well done to singing section tonight.
Sit the other side of the comfy seats from them in the FF upper.
At the start of the game could hear them and thought good on them turning up in numbers despite what was going on .
Maybe trying to impress Ron who I assume was at the game.
Took just about everyone by surprise when they appeared in the FF lower , couldn't see them but they sounded louder , with East joining in and even some in FF upper.
FF lower could well be the place for them, the issue is how do you get them there without upsetting long term season ticket holders.
AGM believe there was talk of structured pricing.
Have no family section as such but decent concession prices in all parts of the stadium.
Make FF lower the lowest price for season tickets for both adults / concessions and walk up tickets.
Offer anyone that is displaced or wants to move in FF lower 1st dibs on FF Upper seats currently used by singing section at FF lower price for a season.
Maybe get lift fixed / replaced to assist in getting people up to FF upper.
No easy soution and being honest if I was asked to move from my seat in FF upper I would be peed off.

GreenCastle
28-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Imagine that in every section of the lower??I know where my season ticket cash would be going!

Superb lads and lassies tonight!

Yup - would be like the Roseburn end at a Derby every home game and would be a fun place for a singalong.

Eyrie
28-02-2020, 10:25 PM
A lot of thumbs up around, but from the south end of the west, didn't notice a difference in the noise apart from the first 10 mins of the second half. Front of the East is where they should be

Same here. I could hear but not make out the Singing Section (crap initials incidentally) in both halves.

The difference in the second half was that the East started giving it laldy.

HappyAsHellas
28-02-2020, 10:26 PM
Moved down in the second half and were standing beside an 8 year old buy who was with his granddad. He was bouncing about, singing and clapping and you can bet he'll be telling all his mates at school next week all about it. Youngsters aren't overly fussed about sitting in a half empty section with nothing much happening but will love this. My 4 year old granddaughter has been upstairs in the FF and loved it. At her next game she was in the east and was gutted she couldn't be beside the flags and drums. Young uns are all for it, atmosphere wise the difference is evident for all to hear so let's work together and get it sorted.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 10:28 PM
I also would like to throw my weight behind the tentative idea of splitting the Famous Five lower into a family section and a singing section, have the family section to the left/middle of the goal, and then the singing section could have the two blocks on the right. I think tonight showed there's no reason why the two groups can't co-exist just fine, and judging by some reports it seems like many of the kids in there really enjoyed themselves.

All ifs, buts and maybes of course, but I'm sure the club will be looking into things. Main thing is, we're at Hampden
:flag:

tamig
28-02-2020, 10:32 PM
I sit there anyway but the only thing I didn’t really get was the number of them trying to squeeze into a single space. There were two or three of them all standing in one seat space. If they’d kept to a single seat space and spread out a bit the look would have been much better imo. There were more than enough empty seats to do that.

Santa Cruz
28-02-2020, 10:38 PM
Singing has always come from the east stand.

CapitalGreen
28-02-2020, 10:43 PM
Is there any need for a family section in modern Scottish football stadiums?

Fair enough back when there was sections of the stadium which were pretty radge and you knew you’d want to avoid if with a child. Nowadays I don’t think that really exists, certainly not at Easter Road - there isn’t any part of the ground I’d be concerned about bringing my child.

The introduction of tiered pricing across the stadium will provide the flexibility required to offer the cheaper kids tickets in different stands as opposed to just the FFL.

Nicho87
28-02-2020, 10:46 PM
The amount of empty seats usually at cat b home games in the lower should tell hibs to give the end block to the SS and get everyone currently in lower moved along closer. One block for SS east stand side. Worked a treat. Sounded terrific at the game. It rubbed off in the east and the west. Get it done permanently

aljo7-0
28-02-2020, 10:47 PM
I sit in the East. Barely hear the SS usually with the side of the stand. When they moved - loud and clear and even old guys like me were joining in

FilipinoHibs
28-02-2020, 10:48 PM
Sounding good on tv.

Sounded good on Hibs TV. Thought at first was the away fans.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 10:49 PM
The singing section was half empty upstairs too as was huge areas in the East. I never said organised. It has to be done with the club.

Nothing was ‘done’ with the club tonight. No chance.

They walked down the steps to the empty bit, simple as that.

DarrenSQH
28-02-2020, 10:50 PM
So much better after the move. The east and FF could join in. Looks better on tv and sounds better at the game.

Cant wait to hear how it should effect 1 old boy that's sat there for 20 years

DarrenSQH
28-02-2020, 10:52 PM

Yet it didnt tonight and hasent for the last 2 years.

the pie eater
28-02-2020, 10:57 PM
Hats off and well done to singing section tonight.
Sit the other side of the comfy seats from them in the FF upper.
At the start of the game could hear them and thought good on them turning up in numbers despite what was going on .
Maybe trying to impress Ron who I assume was at the game.
Took just about everyone by surprise when they appeared in the FF lower , couldn't see them but they sounded louder , with East joining in and even some in FF upper.
FF lower could well be the place for them, the issue is how do you get them there without upsetting long term season ticket holders.
AGM believe there was talk of structured pricing.
Have no family section as such but decent concession prices in all parts of the stadium.
Make FF lower the lowest price for season tickets for both adults / concessions and walk up tickets.
Offer anyone that is displaced or wants to move in FF lower 1st dibs on FF Upper seats currently used by singing section at FF lower price for a season.
Maybe get lift fixed / replaced to assist in getting people up to FF upper.
No easy soution and being honest if I was asked to move from my seat in FF upper I would be peed off.

I don't normally post and just come on and read the posts.

You are 100% correct. All the doubters should cast back to their younger years and how much enjoyment they got from being next to a noisy singing bunch. It makes the day more enjoyable. In the 1st half we could only hear the Inverness fans. (Good on them) 2nd half massive difference, 1875 could be heard in section 44 for the 1st time. I hope Ron was in attendance and witnessed the change in atmosphere.

Steve-O
28-02-2020, 10:58 PM

Fair enough back when there was sections of the stadium which were pretty radge and you knew you’d want to avoid if with a child. Nowadays I don’t think that really exists, certainly not at Easter Road - there isn’t any part of the ground I’d be concerned about bringing my child.

The introduction of tiered pricing across the stadium will provide the flexibility required to offer the cheaper kids tickets in different stands as opposed to just the FFL.

Fair point.

Steven79
28-02-2020, 11:06 PM
I don't normally post and just come on and read the posts.

You are 100% correct. All the doubters should cast back to their younger years and how much enjoyment they got from being next to a noisy singing bunch. It makes the day more enjoyable. In the 1st half we could only hear the Inverness fans. (Good on them) 2nd half massive difference, 1875 could be heard in section 44 for the 1st time. I hope Ron was in attendance and witnessed the change in atmosphere.He was at the game as I seen him outside the famous five stand before kick off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wookie70
28-02-2020, 11:11 PM
Yet it didnt tonight and hasent for the last 2 years. The east was still the loudest by far from my seat in the west. They were a bit behind the start of the song but much more volume,

28-02-2020, 11:12 PM
Were ST holders moved out their seats to accommodate the singing section in the FF upper?

Steven79
28-02-2020, 11:20 PM
Were ST holders moved out their seats to accommodate the singing section in the FF upper?Yeah this were.

tamig
28-02-2020, 11:20 PM
Were ST holders moved out their seats to accommodate the singing section in the FF upper?

Yes. There were quite a few relocated.

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2020, 11:22 PM

Think I'm right in saying that it was the emptiest of the blocks in the stadium (maybe excluding the southest sections of the West?), but yes I remember letters being posted to those who were affected by the move.

28-02-2020, 11:26 PM
Yes. There were quite a few relocated.

It’s a tricky one. Can’t keep asking different ST holders, who might have sat in the same seat for years, to relocate to accommodate the singing section, but I can see the argument for them being right behind the goals or towards the east in the FF lower based on the 2nd half tonight.

Is sitting down there the best place for a family section anyway? View can’t be that good for kids. Think I’m arguing with myself here.

tamig
28-02-2020, 11:31 PM
It’s a tricky one. Can’t keep asking different ST holders, who might have sat in the same seat for years, to relocate to accommodate the singing section, but I can see the argument for them being right behind the goals or towards the east in the FF lower based on the 2nd half tonight.

Is sitting down there the best place for a family section anyway? View can’t be that good for kids. Think I’m arguing with myself here.
I think that’s why the club stance is that it all needs to be planned and implemented carefully. A move to the FFL will result in a lot more ST holders having to be relocated than the first move to FFU. I do think you could still split the FFL easily enough to retain some kind of family section and accommodate the singers.

RoYO!
28-02-2020, 11:37 PM
This is a greater good argument for me.

Something needs to give with the FFL.

At the very least it looked much better on TV it being filled out more. Sounds like the younger generation also enjoyed the input. The move also seems to have reinvigorated the support. Yes it was only one half and they would have been keen to make a point, but for the greater good - success on the park- I see this as the way forward.

the pie eater
28-02-2020, 11:37 PM
He was at the game as I seen him outside the famous five stand before kick off.

Correct I was at the game as I am normally as a season tckt holder along with a number of other season tck holders that travel from Lancashire, Birmingham and carlisle. Been in lancs for nearly 20 years and hardly missed a home game. Also attend away games along with others as long as we can get up and down on the same day.

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2020, 11:41 PM
I think at the very least even if a compromise can't be reached, having the singing section in the lower tier for Category B cup games going forward is a no brainer.

A before and after snapshot of the block tonight: https://twitter.com/Faughnan12/status/1233515092932780032

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 07:31 AM
Same here. I could hear but not make out the Singing Section (crap initials incidentally) in both halves.

The difference in the second half was that the East started giving it laldy.

Not taking a dig at them in any way but the ICT Fans were a lot louder.

Maybe they should hijack the South Stand next time :wink:

Jones28
29-02-2020, 07:32 AM

Imagine that in the full lower tier. It would be rocking.

Since452
29-02-2020, 07:33 AM
Was Ron at the game? He couldn't have failed to be impressed

DH1875
29-02-2020, 07:36 AM

Did they not leave some folk behind? Their normal section looked like it still had a few folk in it.
Either way, I'm all for them in the FFL. Might even join them in there lol.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 07:41 AM

Do we really have to start on this chat again?

:rolleyes:

PaulSmith
29-02-2020, 07:43 AM
I was a bit meh about the FF lower talk but last night was an insight into how good it could actually be.

I empathise with those who have ST’s in the lower section but for the greater good the club need to make this happen.

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-02-2020, 07:46 AM
What a difference moving the Since 1875 guys was and credit to them for coming down to prove a point.

I think they had a bigger bearing on the outcome of the match in the 2nd half than we realise as their enthusiasm rubbed off on us all.

The club should do all that they can within reason to move them to the FFL lower permanently.

Oh, also loved the spontaneous Omeonga song from the East, superb.

HibbySpurs
29-02-2020, 08:05 AM
Think the point is 1875 have now made their point and made it very well.

The club now have to think about and come up with a possible solution to put to all supporters and consult all who would be affected.

I for one welcome the idea and would be directly affected by this holding 3 ST in the FFL but If I had to move to accomdate this or indeed stay put to participate I gladly would as last night reminded me of when I was a 20ish year old in the old East and they were good times.

If we all want to be part of Ron’s vision this has to be something we all consider if it is good for the club and set aside what suits us personally.

Isn’t it an idea to have the family section in the south lower and only have that section for cat B games with ST holders in that area getting fist chance at general sake tickets for cat A games elsewhere in the ground?

This could be helpful to many people...

1. It would give 1875 the home they crave
2. It would avail people of cheap family ST’s encouraging more to buy as they wouldn’t have to fork out in their ST for cat A games but would still have first dibs on general sale seats elsewhere.
3. It could be put in place quickly.

I for one wouldn’t actually move to the South and would just pay the extra to sit elsewhere but I know that’s not a simple as that for everyone. Just thinking of the greater good here.

CapitalGreen
29-02-2020, 08:08 AM
Do we really have to start on this chat again?

Didn’t realise that chat had already happened, not all of us are all over every single thread.

Scouse Hibee
29-02-2020, 08:14 AM
It seemed to make a difference but not sure if that was more down to their determination to make it sound so to prove a point. If they had applied the same vigour in the first half and not been outsung by the Caley fans they maybe it would have been pretty much the same?

Steven79
29-02-2020, 08:17 AM
It seemed to make a difference but not sure if that was more down to their determination to make it sound so to prove a point. If they had applied the same vigour in the first half and not been outsung by the Caley fans they maybe it would have been pretty much the same?Fans are seen and heard much more in the lower tier than the upper.

I was in the upper in the first half and they were making noise.

Scouse Hibee
29-02-2020, 08:19 AM
Fans are seen and heard much more in the lower tier than the upper.

I was in the upper in the first half and they were making noise.

I was in the ground too, they were making noise but nowhere as enthusiastic as they were once they moved down. I do agree though that as a spectacle they are far better at pitch level than upstairs.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 08:22 AM
It seemed to make a difference but not sure if that was more down to their determination to make it sound so to prove a point. If they had applied the same vigour in the first half and not been outsung by the Caley fans they maybe it would have been pretty much the same?

Perhaps.

Also, if they were down the front of the East Stand, it surely would have had a similar effect on the rest of the ground.

theonlywayisup
29-02-2020, 08:27 AM
Think the point is 1875 have now made their point and made it very well.

The club now have to think about and come up with a possible solution to put to all supporters and consult all who would be affected.

I for one welcome the idea and would be directly affected by this holding 3 ST in the FFL but If I had to move to accomdate this or indeed stay put to participate I gladly would as last night reminded me of when I was a 20ish year old in the old East and they were good times.

If we all want to be part of Ron’s vision this has to be something we all consider if it is good for the club and set aside what suits us personally.

Isn’t it an idea to have the family section in the south lower and only have that section for cat B games with ST holders in that area getting fist chance at general sake tickets for cat A games elsewhere in the ground?

This could be helpful to many people...

1. It would give 1875 the home they crave
2. It would avail people of cheap family ST’s encouraging more to buy as they wouldn’t have to fork out in their ST for cat A games but would still have first dibs on general sale seats elsewhere.
3. It could be put in place quickly.

I for one wouldn’t actually move to the South and would just pay the extra to sit elsewhere but I know that’s not a simple as that for everyone. Just thinking of the greater good here.

No! I wish people would stop suggesting this as an option. No football club, particularly one that cares so much about the community, is going to ask families with kids to move and sit beside the opposition fans. Anyone with kids who have had to explain why their young son/daughter is being subjected to odd gestures made by opposition fans or some very nasty words will understand. Moving them there on a permanent basis is a non-starter.

No, I'm now of the opinion that the SS and Family Section can work together. The kids around me in the FFL were buzzing, jumping around and trying to join in. As others have said, these kids are now more likely to ask their mates to join them and the SS will grow. I think the way forward is that the club asks those in the section that was occupied last night to relocate to other areas in the FFL, which I'm pretty confident that they will if they can move as a group. That's from someone who was fully against the relocation of the SS to the FFL.

The club in doing so should also try and address the large number of non-attendees. Close to me, there's five seats that are booked by ST holders, yet only one seat is ever filled. Which is telling me that seats are too cheap and maybe the new ticket pricing will address this.

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 08:28 AM
I was in the ground too, they were making noise but nowhere as enthusiastic as they were once they moved down. I do agree though that as a spectacle they are far better at pitch level than upstairs.

I agree they made more of an effort second half, but I think the key thing is the East could actually hear them, so not only did they join in, but they actually were starting more of their own chants too. It was great when we got a corner, both stands were loudly singing different songs. Considering there were about 9,000 Hibs fans there last night, that can only be seen as a good thing

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 08:30 AM
No! I wish people would stop suggesting this as an option. No football club, particularly one that cares so much about the community, is going to ask families with kids to move and sit beside the opposition fans. Anyone with kids who have had to explain why their young son/daughter is being subjected to odd gestures made by opposition fans or some very nasty words will understand. Moving them there on a permanent basis is a non-starter.

No, I'm now of the opinion that the SS and Family Section can work together. The kids around me in the FFL were buzzing, jumping around and trying to join in. As others have said, these kids are now more likely to ask their mates to join them and the SS will grow. I think the way forward is that the club asks those in the section that was occupied last night to relocate to other areas in the FFL, which I'm pretty confident that they will if they can move as a group. That's from someone who was fully against the relocation of the SS to the FFL.

The club in doing so should also try and address the large number of non-attendees. Close to me, there's five seats that are booked by ST holders, yet only one seat is ever filled. Which is telling me that seats are too cheap and maybe the new ticket pricing will address this.

Spot on, I think last night showed there’s absolutely no reason why the singing section and the family stand couldn’t both co-exist in the FF lower, I think it works well!

Steven79
29-02-2020, 08:35 AM
Spot on, I think last night showed there’s absolutely no reason why the singing section and the family stand couldn’t both co-exist in the FF lower, I think it works well!The kids all loved it.

People were all joining in and it was great to see.

It got the East and Famous five lower joining in.

Imagine if that corner was filled in and we put them in it?

I previously had a season ticket in the famous five lower and would never have moved it the atmosphere was like that every game.

Andy74
29-02-2020, 08:38 AM
Spot on, I think last night showed there’s absolutely no reason why the singing section and the family stand couldn’t both co-exist in the FF lower, I think it works well!

Is there really enough spare capacity though? For various reasons not all families go to every game but I don’t think there are many seats not taken up by ST holders.

We need to be careful that we don’t just lose a few hundred season ticket holders here.

29-02-2020, 08:39 AM
I sit in the FF Upper too, just across from the Singing Section and they actually sounded louder when they went downstairs!

Possibly because they were trying harder to prove a point as you said but also because we had something to sing about!

That's what I thought, tried harder and 4 very good goals helped.

Jury's still out for me but worth trying out at least at another couple of games such as the league cup group games, if we don't qualify for Europe. Also worth trying out a move back to the East to compare and if it was up to me I'd try moving the away fans to the East side of the South.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 08:40 AM
It’s interesting to see the 3/4 supporters in here still actively against it do not appear to sit in FFL or attended the match.

Every FFL poster so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

The dynamic re kids joining in and enjoying themselves is not one I had anticipated. Sure the parents were delighted to see their young ones loving it.

Moulin Yarns
29-02-2020, 08:45 AM

When there is a 'Hibs Kids' game where are they located? The Lower South Stand, so it already happens where kids sit near to the away fans.

However, last night's unofficial experiment showed that it might be possible to house both the family and singing sections together. It has been mentioned a few times that the choir could occupy block 20 and the family section blocks 16 to 19 initially. This can be adjusted in the future depending on the popularity of the choir, and hope it grows organically with today's kids moving there when they get older.

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 08:48 AM
Is there really enough spare capacity though? For various reasons not all families go to every game but I don’t think there are many seats not taken up by ST holders.

We need to be careful that we don’t just lose a few hundred season ticket holders here.

I agree, that couldn’t spontaneously happen for a league match, so it will require a good amount of planning before anything becomes permanent. I reckon you could probably fit existing ST holders in the left/centre 3 blocks of the FFL, especially considering some would be fine with moving elsewhere, and then have the singing section occupying the two right-hand blocks. All ifs, buts and maybes of course, and like you say we don’t want to piss anyone off with any potential moves

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 08:48 AM
Didn’t realise that chat had already happened, not all of us are all over every single thread.

Sorry.

There was another thread and it got quite poisonous.

29-02-2020, 08:50 AM
It’s interesting to see the 3/4 supporters in here still actively against it do not appear to sit in FFL or attended the match.

Every FFL poster so far has been overwhelmingly positive.

The dynamic re kids joining in and enjoying themselves is not one I had anticipated. Sure the parents were delighted to see their young ones loving it.

Is nobody else's opinion valid except for those in the FFL? Thought the point was to improve the atmosphere for everyone.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2020, 08:54 AM

No it's not.

linlithgowhibbie
29-02-2020, 08:55 AM

Take it you are too young to have been in the shed/cave in the 70s?:thumbsup:

theonlywayisup
29-02-2020, 08:56 AM
When there is a 'Hibs Kids' game where are they located? The Lower South Stand, so it already happens where kids sit near to the away fans.

However, last night's unofficial experiment showed that it might be possible to house both the family and singing sections together. It has been mentioned a few times that the choir could occupy block 20 and the family section blocks 16 to 19 initially. This can be adjusted in the future depending on the popularity of the choir, and hope it grows organically with today's kids moving there when they get older.

Yes, but that's only for very few occasions in the football season and I don't think it's happened this season. Also, the games selected are often those that there's very little chance of aggro such as Livingston, Ross County etc.

I fully agree with your second paragraph. I just don't think it's helpful suggesting 'move the family section to the South'. In a negotiation, it's always easier to build on the common ground rather than 'opening old wounds'.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 08:56 AM

That's why I've been trying to encourage those making the proposal to see both sides.

There's 2,000 seats in the FF Lower and currently 1,600 of those are reserved for Season Tickets (whether they attend every game or not is irrelevant). That means 400 seats are available (basically one section), but only if you move those with Season Tickets in that section elsewhere.

Now, you could follow the urgings of some of our more extreme proposers of the conversion of the FF Lower and decide to move them, regardless of their feelings. Or you can take time to try to make a sensible decision that might be beneficial to both sides, having engaged with both parties first.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 08:57 AM
Is nobody else's opinion valid except for those in the FFL? Thought the point was to improve the atmosphere for everyone.

It is. I guess I am struggling to understand those opinions when they either don’t sit in FFL or attend games, yet their posts suggest it’s having an impact on them. Just an observation. It’s a forum for opinions and debate, no right or wrong the majority of the time.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 09:01 AM
That's why I've been trying to encourage those making the proposal to see both sides.

There's 2,000 seats in the FF Lower and currently 1,600 of those are reserved for Season Tickets (whether they attend every game or not is irrelevant). That means 400 seats are available (basically one section), but only if you move those with Season Tickets in that section elsewhere.

Now, you could follow the urgings of some of our more extreme proposers of the conversion of the FF Lower (you can see an example of one of them making a typical attack a few posts above this one) and decide to move them, regardless of their feelings. Or you can take time to try to make a sensible decision, having engaged with both parties, that might be beneficial to both sides.

Not involved in the group Keith, so disappointed if your posts refers to me.

Your last sentence is spot on. I know for a fact the group are trying to do exactly that. Recent meeting was cancelled shortly before it was due which they communicated.

I am hopeful dialogue will continue between both sides with the help of our supporters rep. And why wouldn’t it? We’ve all got an overriding common goal and that’s Hibernian Football Club and making her a success off on and off the pitch.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Your last sentence is spot on. I know for a fact the group are trying to do exactly that. Recent meeting was cancelled shortly before it was due which they communicated.

Delighted to hear it.

:aok:

I am hopeful dialogue will continue between both sides with the help of our supporters rep. And why wouldn’t it? We’ve all got an overriding common goal and that’s Hibernian Football Club and making her a success off on and off the pitch.

That's the thing, I think everybody wants what is best for both Hibs and the Fans. I enjoy games with a good atmosphere and have praised the Since 1875 guys on numerous occasions for doing their best to do that.

Andy74
29-02-2020, 09:05 AM
It is. I guess I am struggling to understand those opinions when they either don’t sit in FFL or attend games, yet their posts suggest it’s having an impact on them. Just an observation. It’s a forum for opinions and debate, no right or wrong the majority of the time.

If we are just taking the opinions of the directly involved group then what would the point of this debate be? Folk who want to sing can hear themselves and have an area allocated so job done already.

I though this was about how it could best impact the rest of the stadium? When we are talking about moving people, that impacts more people and then when there could be some risk to season ticket numbers then all will have a view on that.

I’m struggling to see why you’d think only a small number of people would care about this.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 09:11 AM
If we are just taking the opinions of the directly involved group then what would the point of this debate be? Folk who want to sing can hear themselves and have an area allocated so job done already.

I though this was about how it could best impact the rest of the stadium? When we are talking about moving people, that impacts more people and then when there could be some risk to season ticket numbers then all will have a view on that.

I’m struggling to see why you’d think only a small number of people would care about this.

Don’t think I am being very clear. Having read through latest few pages on this thread this morning the consensus from those who have said they sit in the FFL has been positive. That is the population directly impacted by last night. Those who have been less supportive (won’t say negative, as most posts are constructive!) do not sit in FFL or go to games.

All opinions matter. I am just surprised those less supportive do not appear to be directly impacted by this. I would have predicted those in FFL to be the ones unhappy after potentially being disrupted last night.

Brightside
29-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Get them moved there ASAP now. Embarrassed by how empty that stand was for a 1/4 final.

weecounty hibby
29-02-2020, 09:18 AM
I've not gotten involved in this debate yet but from last night here is my view for what it's worth, I sit in FF upper in the opposite end from ss in the front row. The singing section were singing last night in the first half and were probably as loud or quiet as they are at all games. When they moved downstairs the noise was amplified probably by a factor of 3. It also encouraged the rest of FFL and FFU to join in. The east and west both got on board too. At one point I looked down and there was a family group of two women and two kids in their feet joining in and singing and jumping about. This was in the FFL as far from the as as they could be. It just showed me that this is the place for those guys to be and that when they get it going the whole ground joins in. It would be great if all parties involved could come to an agreement. I wish I was 30 years younger and I would definitely be in that group.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Get them moved there ASAP now. Embarrassed by how empty that stand was for a 1/4 final.

And there it is, an easy solution that needs no discussion or debate.

Andy74
29-02-2020, 09:27 AM
Don’t think I am being very clear. Having read through latest few pages on this thread this morning the consensus from those who have said they sit in the FFL has been positive. That is the population directly impacted by last night. Those who have been less supportive (won’t say negative, as most posts are constructive!) do not sit in FFL or go to games.

All opinions matter. I am just surprised those less supportive do not appear to be directly impacted by this. I would have predicted those in FFL to be the ones unhappy after potentially being disrupted last night.

Last night is neither here nor there for impact. Season ticket holders largely hadn’t purchased their tickets there. We are talking about what to do when there are 1600 or so season ticket holders with kids in there.

Those ‘less supportive’ I think are really just saying it is complicated for the club and needs worked through.

The reality from last night is that it would be very difficult for Hibs to allow that sort of standing and that level of stewarding on a long term basis and it would be very difficult to have this next to where young kids will probably be.

Some kids joined in last night, great. Other families with very young kids have no doubt gone to the FF for the very reason that they can avoid this sort of area.

HibeeHibernian4
29-02-2020, 09:30 AM
That's what I thought, tried harder and 4 very good goals helped.

Jury's still out for me but worth trying out at least at another couple of games such as the league cup group games, if we don't qualify for Europe. Also worth trying out a move back to the East to compare and if it was up to me I'd try moving the away fans to the East side of the South.

Surely also if we do qualify for Europe, games aren’t on the season ticket and it could help create a special, European night style atmosphere.

Mr Grieves

Are you too stupid to realise why a game on a Friday evening will disproportionately affect the attendance in the family section? And why are folk so easily embarrassed?

Brightside
And there it is, an easy solution that needs no discussion or debate.

👍👍

Brightside
29-02-2020, 09:32 AM
Are you too stupid to realise why a game on a Friday evening will disproportionately affect the attendance in the family section? And why are folk so easily embarrassed?

Friday evening? Do they all have early paper rounds on Saturdays? It’s empty all the time bar Cat A games. Let’s get it filled up.

Since452
29-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Saw a few youngsters who weren't in the singing section but next to them in the FFL jumping around and singing during the second half. Same with the East closest to the FF. It's contagious.

29-02-2020, 09:43 AM

Not involved in the group Keith, so disappointed if your posts refers to me.

Not sure who are the ones that don't attend, I do. As has been pointed out, it is in everyone's interest to get the best solution.

I guess you could say that those in other parts of the ground than the FFL having an opinion is similar to you having an opinion on the matter even though you're not involved in the group. Presumably you are in the FFL though.

Andy74
29-02-2020, 09:48 AM
Friday evening? Do they all have early paper rounds on Saturdays? It’s empty all the time bar Cat A games. Let’s get it filled up.

Unless we are getting even more season ticket holders in we are just moving the issue around.

We seem to have become a wee bit obsessed with empty seats. There are tickets going every week available for people to buy. We are talking here about seats that have largely been sold. It’s not really a mystery that people have bought tickets for family members that don’t always go, for various reasons.

Are the singing section going to fill anything though?

I’m not certain the club could have the family section and a singing section co-habiting when it involves being non compliant with current laws in all seated stadiums and is heavily stewarded.

Brightside
29-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Unless we are getting even more season ticket holders in we are just moving the issue around.

We seem to have become a wee bit obsessed with empty seats. There are tickets going every week available for people to buy. We are talking here about seats that have largely been sold. It’s not really a mystery that people have bought tickets for family members that don’t always go, for various reasons.

I’m not certain the club could have the family section and a singing section co-habiting when it involves being non compliant with current laws in all seated stadiums and is heavily stewarded.
I don’t think we need a family section. I’ve never taken any of my kids to a family section. Just our cheaper tickets in the corners of all the stands. Families can use that to keep cost down

Andy74
29-02-2020, 09:56 AM
I don’t think we need a family section. I’ve never taken any of my kids to a family section. Just our cheaper tickets in the corners of all the stands. Families can use that to keep cost down

There’s enough demand to have sold almost all the tickets available in the section though.

I don’t take my kids there either but I also don’t take them to bigger games. It probably represents a place families can go whatever the game though.

If it becomes just another area, with added singing section, it could be in danger of becoming one clump of the singers and no one much else. If we have 2,000 singing then great, but I has there been that demand wherever they’ve been placed?

Bob1875
29-02-2020, 10:37 AM
Watching the game again and how much better does it look seeing a busy singing section at the front.

RMQ1967
29-02-2020, 11:00 AM

Agreed - it just needs to happen ASAP. The difference in atmosphere was unbelievable. A number will be inconvenienced but people will get over it and from what most are saying it dramatically improved the enjoyment of the kids in the in the FF lower. Get it done Hibee's 👍

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2020, 11:10 AM
I dont know how long we've been trying to build up the family section in the famous five, its been a very long time though.

And yes the tickets have sold in good numbers, but Stevie Wonder can see they are not being used enough.

The time is here now to move it to somewhere else, maybe the end sections of the Famous five, and let the singing section try and build something in the middle.

I firmly believe they would build something special from there, you only have to look at last night, how they managed to engage all the other parts of the ground from the lower tier.

Properly managed, i'm convinced this could be a great thing for the team.

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 11:17 AM
The simple fact is that the difference in the second half was the East started singing. That may have been down to the relocated Singing Section (crap initials) being more audible and the East then joined in, but it could equally be achieved by the Singing Section returning to the East.

Any move forward has to recognise that there are Hibs fans with season tickets in the FFL who have to be looked after, or indeed in the East if that is where the long term home of the Singing Section is to be.

The solution could be the expected change to three tier pricing. If the lower rows of the East (non-one wants to take a young kid up twenty steep rows) at either end had the cheap kids/family tickets then that would help free up the FFL, and there probably is room in sections 37, 38, 44 and 45 for that to happen. This could be combined with moving the Singing Section to 19 and 20 with kids staying in 16, 17 and 18. The cheap kids tickets in the FFL could then be phased out over a three year period with those moving being given the first choice of where to sit after the season ticket renewal period is over and before the non-renewed seats are then released.

But all of the above will entail disruption to existing Hibs fans and they need to be considered and given appropriate options instead of any instruction to move.

Todi114
29-02-2020, 11:23 AM
2 questions
1. Was the atmosphere more enjoyable?
2. Did the team play better?

NAE NOOKIE
29-02-2020, 11:26 AM

I wasn't there last night, but the consensus from folk who were, even some who are sceptical about the FF lower issue, seems to be that last night proved a point.

The point I've always made was that if the singing section was more visible it would encourage folk in other parts of the stadium to join in and from what folk are saying that seemed to be the case last night. I've also subscribed to the theory that if the singing section is visible and having more impact by being in the FF lower kids and youngsters there and in other parts of the stadium will want to be part of it, another thing that seemed to happen last night with the kids who were in the FF lower gravitating towards the singers.

So from my point of view the highlighted bit won't be an issue. I have no doubt that if its allowed to occupy the FF lower the singing section will grow to be far bigger than the few hundred it is just now. I could see it regularly being between one and two thousand depending on the game and it making a huge difference to the atmosphere.

As others have been saying, with Hibs about to introduce a different pricing structure the opportunity is there to change the dynamics of the stadium. For me there's a bit of a cant see the wood for the trees issue with the family section. In a modern football stadium is there really a need to have a single section of the ground dedicated to family tickets at all? Any part of the ground should be a safe environment for kids and if its purely down to protecting young ears from profanity I can assure you that ship sailed in the so called family section practically from the day it started.

Radium
29-02-2020, 12:11 PM
Sitting in the East the singing section went from from something you can barely hear and can’t really see to a section that could be seen and heard.

We sit high up so accept that will impact on my perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy74
29-02-2020, 12:22 PM
I wasn't there last night, but the consensus from folk who were, even some who are sceptical about the FF lower issue, seems to be that last night proved a point.

The point I've always made was that if the singing section was more visible it would encourage folk in other parts of the stadium to join in and from what folk are saying that seemed to be the case last night. I've also subscribed to the theory that if the singing section is visible and having more impact by being in the FF lower kids and youngsters there and in other parts of the stadium will want to be part of it, another thing that seemed to happen last night with the kids who were in the FF lower gravitating towards the singers.

So from my point of view the highlighted bit won't be an issue. I have no doubt that if its allowed to occupy the FF lower the singing section will grow to be far bigger than the few hundred it is just now. I could see it regularly being between one and two thousand depending on the game and it making a huge difference to the atmosphere.

As others have been saying, with Hibs about to introduce a different pricing structure the opportunity is there to change the dynamics of the stadium. For me there's a bit of a cant see the wood for the trees issue with the family section. In a modern football stadium is there really a need to have a single section of the ground dedicated to family tickets at all? Any part of the ground should be a safe environment for kids and if its purely down to protecting young ears from profanity I can assure you that ship sailed in the so called family section practically from the day it started.

Last night didn’t prove anything about whether it is a better use of the area or what happens to the 1600 or so who buy season tickets there.

H18 SFR
29-02-2020, 12:30 PM
2 questions
1. Was the atmosphere more enjoyable?
2. Did the team play better?

Yes and yes.

Joined in with the singing and we scored 4 goals attacking that goal.

HibeeHibernian4
29-02-2020, 12:43 PM
Last night didn’t prove anything about whether it is a better use of the area or what happens to the 1600 or so who buy season tickets there.

Did it not prove that it’s a better use of the area? Again not saying that it’s got to be an either/or situation, for now I think we could probably accommodate both groups (at least in cup games).

The only argument I can see for keeping things as they are is that we don’t want to upset families and long-standing season ticket holders. I accept that that’s something that needs to be considered but should it be the basis for keeping things as they are? Hopefully a compromise is made because it sounded a lot better when the group moved down to the lower half — at least from my seat at the back of 44 anyway!

hibeerealist
29-02-2020, 12:44 PM
I though it was pretty funny when they disappeared at half time then turned up en masse in the lower. stand. Nobody was harmed and we won easily, it should be smiles all round.

Morality - only applies to the nay sayers here Marinello59. Plenty to say but not always around to watch games at ER, but so what eh.

The SS sounded great tonight and it kept setting the singers in East off too, big WD to both areas.

I think a FFL full of SS would be a great addition to ER get it sorted Ron (please)!!

RyeSloan
29-02-2020, 12:50 PM

What’s your position on the issue?

You seem happy to talk around everyone else’s posts but don’t seem to be overly constructive about the topic at all.

Last night proved what the vast majority have been saying for ages. Having Since 1975 in a position that they can be seen and heard improved the atmosphere. In addition having them in position where they can be heard and joined by the East improved the atmosphere.

So with that obvious fact finally proven the matter is simply where they should be located.

The lower FF has potential (as evidenced last night) but despite the ‘kids joining in’ it does still seem to be somewhat at odds with the whole ‘family section’ thing.

The East is the most obvious place and supported by many (although maybe not actually by Since 1875 themselves)

Any move to either of those locations will involve existing season ticket holders being relocated to accommodate, thats a given.

However, done sensibly and with the right comms and an understanding of why that is being done then it seems blindly obvious that’s what should be done. And the quicker it’s done and settled the quicker we can all move on and the better the atmosphere will be.

So back to my original point, what of the above do you have a problem with and what is your position on what, if anything, should be done?

Johnny Clash
29-02-2020, 12:51 PM
I think it’s obvious now that the atmosphere greatly improved plus the singers in FFL seemed to trigger the east to sing more too. So a huge success.

It’s also worth remembering that the discounted family STs are always going to be temporary. Once our kids get older you can no longer sit there. So they are not seats for life. I am sure a sensible solution will be found. We all want ER bouncing and getting right behind the team.

Billy Whizz
29-02-2020, 12:53 PM
Wish they would all wear some colours though, would look much better with a wall of green

NAE NOOKIE
29-02-2020, 12:56 PM

I must be missing something then, because if you read the 6 odd pages of this thread a lot of folk seemed to be impressed by the difference it made having the singers in the FF lower for that 45 minutes, including a few who had previously thought it wouldn't make a difference. It might not be absolute 'proof' that the FF lower is the best place for 'Since 1875' but I've yet to see anybody say their wee ad hoc experiment was a failure and on that basis it certainly didn't disprove the theory that being situated there would benefit not only them but the stadiums atmosphere in general .... something we all want to see surely.

As I said with the family section .... The attraction for families is the price of the tickets, not the fact that they get to sit in the FF lower. I'm a case in point, I've sat in the FF lower for years because the people I go to games with have always had kids with them and they've taken advantage of the cheaper prices in that area, my actual preference would have been to sit in the FF upper, but not on my own. I'm willing to bet loads of folk who sit in the FF lower coz of their kids would be more than happy to move to the east or west if family tickets were available at FF prices in those stands .... in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of them jump at the chance if it was offered.

Ringothedog
29-02-2020, 12:57 PM

It wouldn’t be 1600 people that are affected, it would be about 250 maximum, they can move to other seats in the FF or elsewhere in the ground.

Andy74
29-02-2020, 01:05 PM
It wouldn’t be 1600 people that are affected, it would be about 250 maximum, they can move to other seats in the FF or elsewhere in the ground.

Not so sure you could have family and singing section together.

There weren’t many around last night but I don’t think you could have a section standing and getting all that steward attention next to the family area.

You’re also not going to solve families not going to every game. With the singers not actually taking seats it could look just as empty with one condensed area of the singers.

Andy74
29-02-2020, 01:07 PM
What’s your position on the issue?

You seem happy to talk around everyone else’s posts but don’t seem to be overly constructive about the topic at all.

Last night proved what the vast majority have been saying for ages. Having Since 1975 in a position that they can be seen and heard improved the atmosphere. In addition having them in position where they can be heard and joined by the East improved the atmosphere.

So with that obvious fact finally proven the matter is simply where they should be located.

The lower FF has potential (as evidenced last night) but despite the ‘kids joining in’ it does still seem to be somewhat at odds with the whole ‘family section’ thing.

The East is the most obvious place and supported by many (although maybe not actually by Since 1875 themselves)

Any move to either of those locations will involve existing season ticket holders being relocated to accommodate, thats a given.

However, done sensibly and with the right comms and an understanding of why that is being done then it seems blindly obvious that’s what should be done. And the quicker it’s done and settled the quicker we can all move on and the better the atmosphere will be.

So back to my original point, what of the above do you have a problem with and what is your position on what, if anything, should be done?

I’m not really a big fan of needing them and if you don’t have a real safe standing area I don’t think it is very compatible with modern stadiums.

If there is to be a singing area I would always prefer middle of the East.

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Not so sure you could have family and singing section together.

There weren’t many around last night but I don’t think you could have a section standing and getting all that steward attention next to the family area.

You’re also not going to solve families not going to every game. With the singers not actually taking seats it could look just as empty with one condensed area of the singers.

Re. stewarding, what I’d really love going forward is similar arrangements to what happens in Scandinavia, where they have SLOs who are part of the ultras group but also act as a liaison between club and these specific fans. If you let them (officially) self-police, I guarantee - as has happened in Scandinavia - you’d have less incidents of misbehaviour. I think the problem with the current set-up (at grounds all around Scotland) is you get stewards with little training/understanding of football being told by superiors to wade in and try and keep order, which only serves to make things worse.

This is a decent video about how they do things in Sweden https://youtu.be/N1djC7B7eME

I hope one day we can have similar for our ultras scene in Scotland, because it’s a far more logical, less heavy-handed approach of doing things

Since90+2
29-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Friday proved what alot of folk have been saying for years. Get the singing section moved into the FF lower for next season.

RyeSloan
29-02-2020, 01:14 PM
I’m not really a big fan of needing them and if you don’t have a real safe standing area I don’t think it is very compatible with modern stadiums.

If there is to be a singing area I would always prefer middle of the East.

Thanks for clarifying.

So basically you don’t like the idea so therefore are rather against anything being done to accommodate them.

A lot of people will disagree and last night (as well as when they were on the East) is strong evidence against your position. But I’ll leave that here as clearly you have plenty of other people to debate this with already on this thread!

hibee-boys
29-02-2020, 01:19 PM
Put the singing section in the bottom corner section of the FF lower, will leave plenty (judging by how many actually turn up) for family section. Not sure we need a seperate family section anyway, uniform the prices accross all stands and link to new pricing structure e.g. £50 for a kid in end East/West stand sections.

The Harp
29-02-2020, 01:29 PM
The difference in the atmosphere and volume of noise in the 2nd half last night was huge. Hope something can be done for the long term, it will certainly improve the match day experience.

hibeerealist
29-02-2020, 01:36 PM

Morality - only applies to the nay sayers here Marinello59. Plenty to say but not always around to watch games at ER, but so what eh.

The SS sounded great tonight and it kept setting the singers in East off too, big WD to both areas.

I think a FFL full of SS would be a great addition to ER get it sorted Ron (please)!!

HappyAsHellas
29-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Last night was a huge success in terms of atmosphere yet we still have some blinkered people promoting the east because when it was 5 times smaller the atmosphere was electric etc etc. Sound travels in much the same way as sight. Every seat in the stadium can see the goals and therefore this is the area where people will hear more noise. At present the people in the east can't see the singing section in the FF upper so they can hardly hear them. A simple move into everyone's sight lines and it's a massive difference. Why do people think every stadium in the footballing world has their ultra section behind the goals? Because it doesn't work? Take off the blinkers and see the obvious.

G B Young
29-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Wasn't able to see the game last night so to save me reading through the thread am I right in thinking the singing section simply switched from the upper to the lower tier at half time? If so, did any fans in the lower tier get bumped out their seats?

Watching the goals it certainly looks good to see a boisterous section of fans celebrating in the often sparsely populated lower tier.

H18 SFR
29-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Wasn't able to see the game last night so to save me reading through the thread am I right in thinking the singing section simply switched from the upper to the lower tier at half time? If so, did any fans in the lower tier get bumped out their seats?

Watching the goals it certainly looks good to see a boisterous section of fans celebrating in the often sparsely populated lower tier.

Much the opposite, from what we observed they joined in, creating a party atmosphere for the kids especially in that area.

Some of the younger fans in that area had an absolute ball. It was so nice to see.

RyeSloan
29-02-2020, 01:46 PM

Aye they moved at HT and there was essentially no one sitting in the area that they moved to...

derekduval
29-02-2020, 01:47 PM

Exactly this. Why are some of the most desirable seats sold at such a cheap price. Plenty buy them with no real intention of using them more than a handful of times a season. Put the prices up and see if they still want them and have cheaper adult and child tickets available in the corners. I think there was a suggestion of having tiered prices for seating which will generate more money and a bit of movement.

The Baldmans Comb
29-02-2020, 01:47 PM
It is time for the club to make big decisions and last night gave them all the evidence they need.

The singing section belong in the FF stand preferably behind the goals and well done to all the lads involved for making this happen.

Of course some noses will be out of joint and of course some family stand members are going to be inconvenienced.

If Ron wants disco lights and giant screens then he needs fan involvement big time as a buy in and last night demonstrated on a small scale what could be achieved.

Peevemor
29-02-2020, 01:51 PM
It is time for the club to make big decisions and last night gave them all the evidence they need.

The singing section belong in the FF stand preferably behind the goals and well done to all the lads involved for making this happen.

Of course some noses will be out of joint and of course some family stand members are going to be inconvenienced.

If Ron wants disco lights and giant screens then he needs fan involvement big time as a buy in and last night demonstrated on a small scale what could be achieved.As others have said, would it not have worked just as well if they were at the front of the East? Just because one thing works, it doesn't mean that other things won't.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2020, 01:55 PM
As others have said, would it not have worked just as well if they were at the front of the East? Just because one thing works, it doesn't mean that other things won't.

Not sure if you are acting daft for the sake of it or not, sound goes forward the way its projected, this is why the east and west could hear it so well and joined in accordingly.

Since90+2
29-02-2020, 01:58 PM
Not sure if you are acting daft for the sake of it or not, sound goes forward the way its projected, this is why the east and west could hear it so well and joined in accordingly.

People who have been dead against it have been somewhat proven wrong and just don't want to admit it. That's basically what is happening here.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 01:59 PM

When the group were at the front of the East no one could hear them. Well, according to many on here. Hence the move to FFU, which was actually worse in hindsight.

theonlywayisup
29-02-2020, 02:09 PM
People who have been dead against it have been somewhat proven wrong and just don't want to admit it. That's basically what is happening here.

Steady with that one!

I've been openly against moving the SS to the FFL for the main reason that it's going to be quite an upheaval and there is a possibility that some Hibs fans will be inconvenienced. I also wasn't that convinced that the atmosphere would be that much better in the FFL.

After last night, I've changed my opinion and agree that the SS should move to the FFL. However, that doesn't stop some Hibs fans being inconvenienced.

What frustrates me no end is the idiots that say "just move them, don't care where, just move them; if they are incovenienced then who cares, they don't turn up anyway".

Thankfully, I've got every confidence in the SS and the club to come up with a compromise that will satisfy all Hibs fans and not just the minority. I don't believe it's an all or nothing solution and see it being a gradual move.

The Baldmans Comb
29-02-2020, 02:14 PM
As others have said, would it not have worked just as well if they were at the front of the East? Just because one thing works, it doesn't mean that other things won't.

It would work but not as well.

The FF stand is a fullcrum. The sound goes forward and this encourages the East stand to get involved and at the very least the West Stand to put away their sweeties.

Have a look around multiple football grounds around the world and on the whole thats where ultras/singing sections congregate and genuine raw atmosphere gets created.

Andy74
29-02-2020, 02:15 PM

You’re not really following the discussion if that’s what you think is happening.

29-02-2020, 02:23 PM

45 minutes isn't enough to decide it has been proven one way or the other. Chuck Rhoades has said the move to FFU has made things worse and presumably others wanting the new move to FFL agree. Surely it makes sense to try at least another couple of cup games in the FFL and maybe a couple in section 43 too before deciding. The next place needs to be the right place, can't keep on moving every season or two.

Incidentally, what were the survey results? Haven't seen them shared anywhere.

McKenzie
29-02-2020, 03:18 PM
The point of being in the ffl is surely that it benefits the team more. Yes the singing was better in the east but that’s also the end of the ground where the away fans are. Second half shooting “down the slope” towards a packed, rocking singing section would give us the advantage. It has obviously worked as proven by the reactions and result.

Peevemor
29-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Not sure if you are acting daft for the sake of it or not, sound goes forward the way its projected, this is why the east and west could hear it so well and joined in accordingly.Honestly I'm not acting daft. I've already said elsewhere that the FF lower could be great for a singing section, but it's possible that part of the East might work just as well.

29-02-2020, 05:32 PM
The point of being in the ffl is surely that it benefits the team more. Yes the singing was better in the east but that’s also the end of the ground where the away fans are. Second half shooting “down the slope” towards a packed, rocking singing section would give us the advantage. It has obviously worked as proven by the reactions and result.

Unbelievable that someone would think the result was thanks to the FFL in the 2nd half. You thought the East sung better, why do you not think they won us the game?

Singing section kept us a clean sheet from the upper in the 1st half but lost us 2 goals from the lower in the 2nd.

Try the FFL another couple of times against similar opposition from the same league, who keep 11 men on the park, that weren't already losing so having to chase the game and that hadn't played 3 days earlier when we hadn't. If we don't win then by your logic it hasn't worked.

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 05:38 PM
45 minutes isn't enough to decide it has been proven one way or the other. Chuck Rhoades has said the move to FFU has made things worse and presumably others wanting the new move to FFL agree. Surely it makes sense to try at least another couple of cup games in the FFL and maybe a couple in section 43 too before deciding. The next place needs to be the right place, can't keep on moving every season or two.

Incidentally, what were the survey results? Haven't seen them shared anywhere.

Spot on. More “test and learns” required. That’ll help get all sides aligned.

Think the survey results are on the other thread but to be honest the questions were put in a way to direct a specific answer. Should have been worded better.

29-02-2020, 06:17 PM
Spot on. More “test and learns” required. That’ll help get all sides aligned.

Think the survey results are on the other thread but to be honest the questions were put in a way to direct a specific answer. Should have been worded better.

Hopefully last night has proved to the club it is worth giving it a proper trial. If that can be done at league cup games/friendlies and it works then it may well help get the people, getting asked to move, onside.

I personally think section 43 or thereabouts would be better because it is close to the away fans but maybe the club doesn't want that due to the 2 or 3 incidents in the last couple of years. Does anyone know if the club have said that's a complete non-starter? If it's works well for at least 2 or 3 games in the FFL then there's a decent case for trying to move the family section.

The season ticket renewals with the new pricing structure must be getting announced quite soon so that might change everything anyway. Might get a lot of people moving though I'm not sure if that would make it easier or harder to relocate the family section for the next season.

Since90+2
29-02-2020, 06:19 PM
Hopefully what last night has proved to the club it is that is worth giving it a proper trial. If that can be done at league cup games/friendlies and it works then it may well help get the people, getting asked to move, onside.

I personally think section 43 or thereabouts would be better because it is close to the away fans but maybe the club doesn't want that due to the 2 or 3 incidents in the last couple of years. Does anyone know if the club have said that's a complete non-starter? If it's works well for at least 2 or 3 games in the FFL then there's a decent case for trying to move the family section.

The season ticket renewals with the new pricing structure must be getting announced quite soon so that might change everything anyway. Might get a lot of people moving though I'm not sure if that would make it easier or harder to relocate the family section for the next season.

Why is there this obsession with it being near the away fans? Almost every single singing section in football is behind the goals.

SquashedFrogg
29-02-2020, 06:46 PM
Why is there this obsession with it being near the away fans? Almost every single singing section in football is behind the goals.

I agree that big clubs with huge singing sections do. But in Scotland?

nic81
29-02-2020, 06:54 PM
The kids all loved it.

People were all joining in and it was great to see.

It got the East and Famous five lower joining in.

Imagine if that corner was filled in and we put them in it?

I previously had a season ticket in the famous five lower and would never have moved it the atmosphere was like that every game.

The corner filled in, singing section in there, big screen above. Winner winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
29-02-2020, 07:03 PM
I agree that big clubs with huge singing sections do. But in Scotland?

Agreed but how many of them are beside away fans? One off the top of my head.

Singing sections are almost exclusively behind the goals - and for good reason.

SquashedFrogg
29-02-2020, 07:06 PM

OK. Compromise. Can we move away fans nearer the FFL? 😀

29-02-2020, 07:21 PM

Way to go getting folk onside. Ignore all the positives in my post about moving to FFL and instead accuse me of being obsessed.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 07:32 PM

Motherwell (who were being praised on here recently for their constant singing): Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

St Mirren: Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

St Johnstone. Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

Hearts. Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

Kilmarnock, opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans. --- Family Section behind the goals.

Ross County: Main Stand, nearest the away Fans (recently introduced by the club) --- Not sure if they have a Family Section

Celtc, in the corner next to their Family Section --- Family Section behind the goals.

The Rangers: Stand behind the goals but in the section nearest the corner flag --- Family Section behind the other goals.

Aberdeen: Used to be the Beach End, Lower (behind east goal). Now in the South Stand (though not out of choice) --- Family Section behind the other goals.

Livingston: They only use one stand for home fans, so everybody's in there.

Hamilton: They only use one stand for home fans, so everybody's in there -- Singing Section is near the away Fans

CapitalGreen
29-02-2020, 07:35 PM
Motherwell (who were being praised on here recently for their constant singing): Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

St Mirren: Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

St Johnstone. Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

Hearts. Opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans --- Family Section behind the goals

Kilmarnock, opposite the Main Stand, section nearest the away Fans. --- Family Section behind the goals.

Ross County: Main Stand, nearest the away Fans (recently introduced by the club) --- Not sure if they have a Family Section

Celtc, in the corner next to their Family Section --- Family Section behind the goals.

The Rangers: Stand behind the goals but in the section nearest the corner flag --- Family Section behind the other goals.

Aberdeen: Used to be the Beach End, Lower (behind east goal). Now in the South Stand (though not out of choice) --- Family Section behind the other goals.

So to summarise, each team in the league has their own stadiums, with their own unique layouts of where fans sit and there is no one-size fits all way of arranging where fans are located. Well wasn’t this insightful.

theonlywayisup
29-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Why let facts get in the way of made up rubbish?

Good but if research above.

CapitalGreen
29-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Why let facts get in the way of made up rubbish?

Good but if research above.

Except it’s not factually correct, Hearts singing section is located behind the goals and only has a home for category B games. There is dedicated singing section in category A games.

SquashedFrogg
29-02-2020, 07:40 PM

But, but, but.... Crystal Palace have a huge section behind the goals? And Liverpool... And Dortmund.....

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 07:41 PM
So to summarise, each team in the league has their own stadiums, with their own unique layouts of where fans sit and there is no one-size fits all way of arranging where fans are located. Well wasn’t this insightful.

No, to summarize, I was answering the poster who said that most clubs' Singing Sections are behind the goals and that he only knew of one nearest the away fans....

...and I showed that was completely wrong, as nearly all are in the equivalent locations of Section 43/44 of our East Stand... and ALL their Family Sections are behind the goals (except the ones that don't have a stand behind the goals).

There are none so blind as those who WILL not see.

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Except it’s not factually correct, Hearts singing section is located behind the goals and only has a home for category B games. There is dedicated singing section in category A games.

If true, I'll give you that. Hearts have a Singing Section that moves about a bit, but the Family Section is behind the goals.

While almost every other club has their Singing Section NOT behind the goals.

Now, I would have had no reason to post this list were it not for another post where the poster stated something that was simply wrong (I'm not saying on purpose, it may have been an honest mistake)

CapitalGreen
29-02-2020, 07:45 PM
No, to summarize, I was answering the poster who said that most clubs Singing Sections are behind the goals and that he only knew of one nearest the away fans....

...and I showed that was completely wrong, as nearly all are in the equivalent locations as Section 43/44 of our East Stand... and all their Family Sections are behind the goals (except the ones that don't have a stand behind the goals).

There are none so blind as those who WILL not see.

Do you think Hibs should be a follower or an innovator?

Keith_M
29-02-2020, 07:53 PM

Do you think people should post factually incorrect statements purely because they wish something was true?

Do you think people should read factually correct posts in response and then refuse to accept those facts, purely because it doesn't suit them?

Do you think the responder to the factually correct posts should keep digging an even deeper hole for himself by trying to change the subject?

Have a nice evening, bud.

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 07:59 PM

Hamilton: They only use one stand for home fans, so everybody's in there -- Singing Section is near the away Fans

I’d dare suggest, looking at the atmosphere in Scottish grounds, that everybody is doing it wrong

Chuck Rhoades
29-02-2020, 08:04 PM
The point is Scotland is backwards when it comes to fan culture. Have a quick research into the following countries and tell me where their equivalents are:

Italy
Germany
Sweden
Spain
Portugal
Norway
Holland
Belgium

And I’ve ran out of strength....

That’ll be, behind the goals.

CapitalGreen
29-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Do you think people should post factually incorrect statements purely because they wish something was true?

Do you think people should read factually correct posts in response and then refuse to accept those facts, purely because it doesn't suit them?

Do you think the responder to the factually correct posts should keep digging an even deeper hole for himself by trying to change the subject?

Have a nice evening, bud.

To clarify I’d prefer Hibs to be an innovator rather than a follower, I believe Ron is on the same page - he said as much last week. I’d be concerned if Hibs were looking to the likes of St Mirren and St Johnstone as inspiration for how to improve the atmosphere.

SquashedFrogg
29-02-2020, 08:13 PM
I’d dare suggest, looking at the atmosphere in Scottish grounds, that everybody is doing it wrong

Compared against?

McKenzie
29-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Unbelievable that someone would think the result was thanks to the FFL in the 2nd half. You thought the East sung better, why do you not think they won us the game?

Singing section kept us a clean sheet from the upper in the 1st half but lost us 2 goals from the lower in the 2nd.

Try the FFL another couple of times against similar opposition from the same league, who keep 11 men on the park, that weren't already losing so having to chase the game and that hadn't played 3 days earlier when we hadn't. If we don't win then by your logic it hasn't worked.

Didn’t once say it was the primary cause but you crack on wi the class patter ma man.

Sure if you asked the players they would prefer shooting towards a packed ff stand which is rocking than the dead silent crowd we’ve had this season. The ffl is wasted being half empty, we get no advantage with a quiet stadium. The atmosphere, by all accounts, improved with the move. The east undoubtedly benefits from hearing and seeing the section, as mentioned in numerous posts on this thread. So the east stand point you make backs up my theory that they take it from the section move

SquashedFrogg
29-02-2020, 08:23 PM
Didn’t once say it was the primary cause but you crack on wi the class patter ma man.

Sure if you asked the players they would prefer shooting towards a packed ff stand which is rocking than the dead silent crowd we’ve had this season. The ffl is wasted being half empty, we get no advantage with a quiet stadium. The atmosphere, by all accounts, improved with the move. The east undoubtedly benefits from hearing and seeing the section, as mentioned in numerous posts on this thread. So the east stand point you make backs up my theory that they take it from the section move

A few extra kids in the FFL doesn't score goals. Agree if it's completely full then we have a different discussion. If Omeonga scored last night and ran to that section I'd agree.

ABZHFC
29-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Compared against?

I always say we should compare ourselves to Scandinavian countries, they are of similar size and have similar passion for the game. Compared to the majority of Norwegian, Danish and Swedish supports, Scottish fans lag way, way behind.

We are slowly embracing ultras culture as a country, and some groups here could now be considered pretty decent, but it is done in spite of the organising bodies, not because of them. It would become infinitely better if it had boards backing active support groups.

Thankfully, I think with Ron Gordon is the man who will do that for us, he clearly wants Easter Road to be a fun, enjoyable place to come to for home fans, and I'm certain he's shrewd enough to see the worth of active support going forward!

McKenzie
29-02-2020, 09:15 PM
A few extra kids in the FFL doesn't score goals. Agree if it's completely full then we have a different discussion. If Omeonga scored last night and ran to that section I'd agree.

I’m not saying it’s as a result of the section. But if they started, undoubtedly many more would join and it would grow. We would then get the long term benefit of the growth. I would hazard a guess if they moved, within 2 years the ffl would be full of singers and Easter road would be rocking again

Eyrie
29-02-2020, 10:13 PM

I think Hibs should look after all their fans and not worry about being labelled a follower or innovator.

CapitalGreen
29-02-2020, 10:54 PM
I think Hibs should look after all their fans and not worry about being labelled a follower or innovator.

The club has a long proud history of being an innovator, wouldn’t you agree? ” Hibernian has a long tradition of innovation and firsts.” - Ron Gordon, 20/02/20

In regards to looking after all fans, is there any suggestion they wouldn’t be looked after? Nobody’s getting turned away from Easter Road here.

Re-arranging the seating designations at Easter Road isn’t a new thing. Obviously it was done for all the renovations where fans had to give up their seats. You had the old North enclosure which during the 70s and 80s may have been comparable to today’s singing section which became the family section briefly in the 90s before moving the FF. Hospitality season ticket holders in the old main stand were moved to the FFU for a few years and then given the option to move to the new West and then a while later no option but to move if they wanted hospitality.

GreenNWhiteArmy
29-02-2020, 11:14 PM
Ive been in Prague this weekend so missed our game, i did however sample the match day experience Sparta Prague offer. Immense

Id suggest that the club as a whole, from the match day experience through to the pre match drills are light years ahead of Scottish football. I'd caveat that by saying the offering on the field, IMO was no better.

I think it's "easy" to create a decent atmosphere in a winnable home tie with a semi final at the national stadium up for grabs.

I'd like to see the club working with not just the SS, but with the families that have been housed their for years, the fanbase as a whole and our IT dept to validate tickets usage within the FFL turnstiles and come to a decision that suits the majority

HendoDelivered
29-02-2020, 11:27 PM
The boys were outstanding but I would like them back in the East again where it would be even better, IMO.

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2020, 02:00 AM
The boys were outstanding but I would like them back in the East again where it would be even better, IMO.

I really don't get the enthusiasm for the east. When it was in the east apart from being beset with organisational problems it just wasn't that great, at least not from where I sit in the FF. When it got moved to the front of the east it looked slightly pathetic in all honesty and was even less of a factor when it came to atmosphere.

greenlex
01-03-2020, 02:43 AM
Where do church choirs sit? Facing the pulpit or in the wings?

marinello59
01-03-2020, 06:40 AM
I think we are missing a trick here. Following on from the successful half time switch by the singing section why have a dedicated area at all? They could become a Guerrilla singing section who randomly appear in a different section of the ground just before kick off. We could even call them the Guerrillas. :greengrin

Moulin Yarns
01-03-2020, 08:51 AM
I think we are missing a trick here. Following on from the successful half time switch by the singing section why have a dedicated area at all? They could become a Guerrilla singing section who randomly appear in a different section of the ground just before kick off. We could even call them the Guerrillas. :greengrin

They could even have their own theme tune :greengrin

Here we come
Walkin' down the street
We get the funniest looks from
Everyone we meet

Hey, hey, we're the Guerrillas
And people say we Guerrilla around
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down

We go wherever we want to
Do what we like to do
We don't have time to get restless
There's always something new

To put anybody down

We're just tryin' to be friendly
Come and watch us sing and play
We're the young generation
And we've got something to say, oh

Any time
Or anywhere
Just look over your shoulder
Guess who'll be standing there?

To put anybody down

To put anybody down

And we've got something to say

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 09:25 AM
The club has a long proud history of being an innovator, wouldn’t you agree? ” Hibernian has a long tradition of innovation and firsts.” - Ron Gordon, 20/02/20

In regards to looking after all fans, is there any suggestion they wouldn’t be looked after? Nobody’s getting turned away from Easter Road here.

Re-arranging the seating designations at Easter Road isn’t a new thing. Obviously it was done for all the renovations where fans had to give up their seats. You had the old North enclosure which during the 70s and 80s may have been comparable to today’s singing section which became the family section briefly in the 90s before moving the FF. Hospitality season ticket holders in the old main stand were moved to the FFU for a few years and then given the option to move to the new West and then a while later no option but to move if they wanted hospitality.

Are you referring to floodlights, playing in Europe, strip sponsorship etc? :wink:

All I'm saying is that the fans affected have to be carefully considered and not dismissed as an inconvenience to be ordered around so that one group can get their own way. The change from the Cow Shed was when a new stand was built, which was a major change. The change for hospitality was phased in and that is the model to be looked at as there isn't going to be a major rebuild any time soon.

I'm still not convinced that the FFL is a better location for them than back in the East. As I've pointed out, the difference on Friday night was when the East started singing.

marinello59
01-03-2020, 10:22 AM
They could even have their own theme tune :greengrin

Here we come
Walkin' down the street
We get the funniest looks from
Everyone we meet

To put anybody down

We go wherever we want to
Do what we like to do
We don't have time to get restless
There's always something new

To put anybody down

And we've got something to say, oh

Any time
Or anywhere
Just look over your shoulder
Guess who'll be standing there?

To put anybody down

To put anybody down

And we've got something to say

And I thought I had too much time on my hands. :greengrin

HibeeHibernian4
01-03-2020, 10:26 AM
Are you referring to floodlights, playing in Europe, strip sponsorship etc? :wink:

All I'm saying is that the fans affected have to be carefully considered and not dismissed as an inconvenience to be ordered around so that one group can get their own way. The change from the Cow Shed was when a new stand was built, which was a major change. The change for hospitality was phased in and that is the model to be looked at as there isn't going to be a major rebuild any time soon.

I'm still not convinced that the FFL is a better location for them than back in the East. As I've pointed out, the difference on Friday night was when the East started singing.

But was that not galvanised by the group’s presence in the FF Lower?

Moulin Yarns
01-03-2020, 10:26 AM
And I thought I had too much time on my hands. :greengrin

copy/ paste and change 1 word a few times :greengrin

But yes, too much time on my hands when I'm supposed to preparing dinner and updating my website :greengrin

CapitalGreen
01-03-2020, 10:39 AM

I think phased it the way it would be done, the singing section wouldn’t have the numbers to take over the full FFL anyway. The is scope and need to perform some sort of rationalisation of the searing at Easter Road (not just in the FFL which would create space and free up more seats in prime areas of the stadium. The planned introduction of multi-ticket packages could also hopefully move irregular attendees away from season tickets which would reduce seats being unavailable but not used.

Only in your opinion. The majority of other people I’ve seen posting on these threads disagree with your point of view. Also, with the introduction of the tiered pricing scheme this also wouldn’t be sensible. In all likelihood, section 43 in the East will be within the most expensive band of tickets, with the majority of the singing section being in their teens/early twenties this would price a lot of them out. This a reason why singing sections are behind the goals, it’s usually where the cheapest tickets are, so more attractive to youths.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2020, 10:52 AM
The point is Scotland is backwards when it comes to fan culture. Have a quick research into the following countries and tell me where their equivalents are:

Italy
Germany
Sweden
Spain
Portugal
Norway
Holland
Belgium

And I’ve ran out of strength....

That’ll be, behind the goals.

Interesting question around “fan culture” what is it?
Casuals, ultras, ordinary punters that just love their team and it’s their life, somewhere in between?

Using the term “backward” would suggest you have a view of a more enlightened “culture” which is fine everyone is entitled to their view but what if folks can’t agree? Culture is a very tricky thing to nail.

What appears to be happening imo is that the “ultras” or whatever you want to call them seems to be the aspiration. May or may not include pyro? It emerges I guess. Not everyone is into pyro but maybe that’s a red herring and folks could be cool with now-u-see-it-now-u-don’t massive flags waving or whatever.

The challenge comes if it pits supporter against supporter.

FWIW I think the club has been slow to look at things - I unallocated seating was put forward but kb’d due to security issues - and now we have people moving en-masse to unused seats (which I applauded tbf) so if someone is a daftie and lobs something they are not more easily identified by seat allocation. So now there’s an issue for them to tackle IMO.

My thoughts on behind the goal - status quo untenable - ask the ST holders, use or lose the privilege of cheap kids tickets ? Or discuss & find a way of filling seats when they would be unoccupied. Likely best solution is allocate zones in the FF Lower to accommodate both.

I guess back ok the other point is noones ever been asked AFAIK re fan culture.

ABZHFC
01-03-2020, 10:58 AM
I think phased it the way it would be done, the singing section wouldn’t have the numbers to take over the full FFL anyway. The is scope and need to perform some sort of rationalisation of the searing at Easter Road (not just in the FFL which would create space and free up more seats in prime areas of the stadium. The planned introduction of multi-ticket packages could also hopefully move irregular attendees away from season tickets which would reduce seats being unavailable but not used.

Only in your opinion. The majority of other people I’ve seen posting on these threads disagree with your point of view. Also, with the introduction of the tiered pricing scheme this also wouldn’t be sensible. In all likelihood, section 43 in the East will be within the most expensive band of tickets, with the majority of the singing section being in their teens/early twenties this would price a lot of them out. This a reason why singing sections are behind the goals, it’s usually where the cheapest tickets are, so more attractive to youths.

This is the key point for me. If we are introducing tiered pricing, then it's crucial to get the standing/singing lot in where it's cheapest, that's the only way I could see it growing to the point that it fills the entire Famous Five lower one day. All across Europe it's the case that the most expensive tickets are to the side of the pitch, and the cheap seats are behind the goal. Definitely think it's something we should consider too!

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2020, 11:52 AM

Thats not true, they put in bench seating and made it all seating.

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 12:28 PM
But was that not galvanised by the group’s presence in the FF Lower?
The consensus from those in the East was that they could actually hear Since1875, so the answer is yes. My point though is that galvanising effect could also be achieved (possibly more easily) if they were in the East.

There is a tendency to assume that the FFL is the only acceptable solution when that is not the case.

I'm in section 11 of the West Upper, and Since 1875 sounded no louder in the second half than they did in the first. If I'm right, the increase in volume was because the East started singing. If I'm wrong, then the East (and everywhere else) can stay quiet and let Since1875 make all the noise from the FFL because nowhere else contributed.

Fair point about the cheaper tickets, although the FFL would be silver, at least behind the goals (17-19), which would make it similar to 44. 40-42 would be gold, so 43 could be gold or silver and 45 would certainly be bronze.

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Thats not true, they put in bench seating and made it all seating.

I thought that it only became the family stand when the cow shed was replaced?

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 12:32 PM
Does anyone know when we'll hear the results of the consultation between the club and the Since 1875 guys?

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2020, 12:34 PM

Sorry, i didnt realise what you were meaning. I used to stand behind that goal every week, and they just turfed us out and put seating in.

I dont know if they made it a family stand then or not, my memory is fading daily.

Steven79
01-03-2020, 12:35 PM
The consensus from those in the East was that they could actually hear Since1875, so the answer is yes. My point though is that galvanising effect could also be achieved (possibly more easily) if they were in the East.

There is a tendency to assume that the FFL is the only acceptable solution when that is not the case.

I'm in section 11 of the West Upper, and Since 1875 sounded no louder in the second half than they did in the first. If I'm right, the increase in volume was because the East started singing. If I'm wrong, then the East (and everywhere else) can stay quiet and let Since1875 make all the noise from the FFL because nowhere else contributed.

Fair point about the cheaper tickets, although the FFL would be silver, at least behind the goals (17-19), which would make it similar to 44. 40-42 would be gold, so 43 could be gold or silver and 45 would certainly be bronze.The famous five lower would be cheaper than any seat in the East or West.

LaMotta
01-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Sorry, i didnt realise what you were meaning. I used to stand behind that goal every week, and they just turfed us out and put seating in.

I dont know if they made it a family stand then or not, my memory is fading daily.

A disastrous move that diluted the atmosphere at Easter Road.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2020, 12:50 PM
A disastrous move that diluted the atmosphere at Easter Road.

Peevemor
01-03-2020, 12:53 PM
A disastrous move that diluted the atmosphere at Easter Road.When I first started going to ER in 1979 it definitely wasn't a designated family area. It was by far the worst attended part of the ground in terms of home support.

CapitalGreen
01-03-2020, 12:54 PM

In the mid-90s , the family section was in the North Enclosure but the cowshed was used as overspill for families and was the designated area for Hibs Kids tickets before any of the new stands were built.

CapitalGreen
01-03-2020, 12:56 PM

Fair point about the cheaper tickets, although the FFL would be silver, at least behind the goals (17-19), which would make it similar to 44. 40-42 would be gold, so 43 could be gold or silver and 45 would certainly be bronze.

Section 11 is much closer to S43 than the FFL, this will be why it may have sounded louder to you.

Lower behind the goals at Tynie is all Bronze pricing. I imagine we will be similar.

basehibby
01-03-2020, 01:02 PM
There is absolutely no question that moving the singing section to the FF lower improved the atmosphere in the whole stadium no end.

Having them in even a slightly more obvious place rather than poked away in the top corner seemed to galvanise the whole crowd and there was much more joining in with songs etc in the East than there had been in the first half.

It's pretty obvious really - singing section needs to be moved and FF lower is a winner.

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 01:30 PM
There is absolutely no question that moving the singing section to the FF lower improved the atmosphere in the whole stadium no end.

Having them in even a slightly more obvious place rather than poked away in the top corner seemed to galvanise the whole crowd and there was much more joining in with songs etc in the East than there had been in the first half.

It's pretty obvious really - singing section needs to be moved and FF lower is a winner.

I appreciate that's what you want, and you're entitled to your opinion just as much as anybody else, but I'd disagree that it's so obvious.

I personally think there's more than one location that would suit and the club have to take into account how it affects other supporters in deciding where it should be.

------------------

I asked earlier but haven't had a reply yet, so....

Does anyone know when we're likely to hear the results of the consulation... or if it hasn't happened yet, when it's likely to take place?

Cheers :aok:

Chuck Rhoades
01-03-2020, 01:34 PM
I appreciate that's what you want, and you're entitled to your opinion just as much as anybody else, but I'd disagree that it's so obvious.

I personally think there's more than one location that would suit and the club have to take into account how it affects other supporters in deciding where it should be.

------------------

I asked earlier but haven't had a reply yet, so....

Does anyone know when we're likely to hear the results of the consulation... or if it hasn't happened yet, when it's likely to take place?

Nothing in the diary. It’s very one-sided in terms of trying to work together. I would expect the club to be in touch after the derby. Hopefully not going in heavy handed after the group moved down on Fri. I also hope they’ve been having a look on here and other social channels to see the feedback from the support.

Keith_M
01-03-2020, 01:42 PM
Nothing in the diary. It’s very one-sided in terms of trying to work together. I would expect the club to be in touch after the derby. Hopefully not going in heavy handed after the group moved down on Fri. I also hope they’ve been having a look on here and other social channels to see the feedback from the support.

I hope all sides are open minded, including the club. I'd hate to think they'd go into it without genuinely considering all available options.

It would be nice if the club got representatives from various groups together as part of the discussion,..maybe people from the Supporters Club, the Since 1875 guys (obviously) and some people to represent the opinions of those currently in the Family Section.

Hopefully get something sorted for next season.

Moulin Yarns
01-03-2020, 01:46 PM

Did you, or someone else, not say that the club had approved the move on Friday and had warned those sitting in blocks 19 and 20 that would be affected?

Are you saying that the move at half time on Friday was not sanctioned by the club? If that is the case then the group have really burned their bridges as far moving to a new, better, location is concerned.

FWIW I thought it was better in the second half, but any move has to be agreed with everyone concerned, the singers, the club, those already in the area that they are being allowed to move to by the club.