PDA

View Full Version : Copenhagen player charged of Assault

DH1875
28-02-2020, 09:50 AM
Thought that this was a wined up but seems your not allowed to win in Glasgow and celebrate lol. I've just seen the footage online and it's ridiculous (sorry can't post, on my phone). It's after their 2nd goal if your interested.

Monts
28-02-2020, 09:52 AM
I haven't seen it again but I thought at the time there might be trouble as one of the coppers was pushed to the ground during the celebration

PatHead
Wonder if he will be subject to a football banning order?

Peevemor
Thought that this was a wined up but seems your not allowed to win in Glasgow and celebrate lol. I've just seen the footage online and it's ridiculous (sorry can't post, on my phone). It's after their 2nd goal if your interested.

Maybe he was?

danhibees1875
28-02-2020, 09:53 AM
Seen it last night, reminded me of when Sproule scored in the 3-1 game in 2004/5 - police officer rugby tackles him for running to the fans.

Monts
28-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Seen it last night, reminded me of when Sproule scored in the 3-1 game in 2004/5 - police officer rugby tackles him for running to the fans.

I might be wrong but I think I don't think it will be the scorer being charged. It will be one of the players that followed that charged into one of the police officers who was trying to stop the scorer going into the crowd.

Carheenlea
28-02-2020, 10:07 AM
Good angle on the “assault” here. Suppose you can’t really go barging over police officers without any consequence.

https://mobile.twitter.com/grahamruthven/status/1233345201915203584

(Maybe one for the compliance officer to review. Policeman seemed to go to ground a bit too easily)

easty
28-02-2020, 10:11 AM
They score a late goal and go to celebrate in front of thier own fans. If it wasn't for the glasgow police acting in the standard "glasgow police at the football" way then there wouldn't have been a problem.

If it'd been a Celtc player who scored the late winner, would the police have been so quick to try to stop them celebrating?

bigwheel
28-02-2020, 10:17 AM
The real question should be , why is there an ultra aggressive approach by police and stewards towards players approaching fans at their away end ..

They don’t do the same for home players ..it is the most aggressive response anywhere in the league by some way .

DH1875
28-02-2020, 10:17 AM
They score a late goal and go to celebrate in front of thier own fans. If it wasn't for the glasgow police acting in the standard "glasgow police at the football" way then there wouldn't have been a problem.

If it'd been a Celtc player who scored the late winner, would the police have been so quick to try to stop them celebrating?

The amount of police there is ridiculous. Look at the difference between the Copenhagen goal celebration and the Olympiakos winner at Arsenal last night.

HoboHarry
28-02-2020, 10:18 AM
I get wined up every weekend and I've never had to appear in court yet....

Bostonhibby
28-02-2020, 10:21 AM

If it'd been a Celtc player who scored the late winner, would the police have been so quick to try to stop them celebrating?Plod Glasgow's finest, i watched this and it's all about their overly heavy handed approach. Wonder how their investigations into the huns riots at Kilmarnock are going, 4 arrests only.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
28-02-2020, 10:22 AM
The amount of police there is ridiculous. Look at the difference between the Copenhagen goal celebration and the Olympiakos winner at Arsenal last night.

Another good comparison would be how friendly and relaxed the police were to us over in Copenhagen compared to the heavy handed, OTT response by Police Glasgow here.

CloudSquall
28-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Given it's essentially Weegie Police he deserves a medal for doing what we'd all love to do after their "treatment" of Hibs (or any team from outwith Glasgow's) fans over the years.

Captain Trips
28-02-2020, 10:29 AM
To be fair and i do not like to be but the Copenhagen fans look to be all over the shop there and pretty much just about on pitch. The whole area looks a mess. Total accident though and a nonsense if any charges brought.

Rumble de Thump
As soon as you saw the scorer beginning to celebrate it was clear from the reaction of the polis that they were Celtic fans who couldn't hack it.

lucky
Embarrassing for Scotland if the player actually ends up in court. The player accidentally runs into him. It’s time the police realised that going to a football match does not make you a criminal so there is no need for that level of police presence

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 10:31 AM
The state of how football fans (and even players, it seems) are treated by the police in this country. They’d better off unemployed, every last one of them. They do more harm than good for fan safety, simple as that

hibsbollah
28-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Embarrassing for Scotland if the player actually ends up in court. The player accidentally runs into him. It’s time the police realised that going to a football match does not make you a criminal so there is no need for that level of police presence

I don't know, I think it's a deliberate barge in the back because the cop had just manhandled his teammate a second before.

But as has been said, the way we get treated in Glasgow by the cops is well known, it's hard to have a massive amount of sympathy. I have to be honest and say I gave an internal cheer when I saw it :greengrin

Captain Trips
28-02-2020, 10:33 AM
News just in from Chic Young "Every single Policeman/woman was assaulted I saw it with my own eyes honest"

Gloucester Hibs
28-02-2020, 10:33 AM
It's Sproule in the 3-1 win all those years ago. The stewards and plods are basically just bitter Celtc fans who can't hack it when things don't go their way. Was at Celtic Park for our last win there in 2010 and the stewarding was unbelievably heavy-handed - guys being ejected for standing up when Hibs created a chance. About half our bus was thrown out. Went bananas when Galbraith scored the winner as figured they can't throw you out for celebrating a goal (and it was late on anyway!)

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 10:34 AM
Another good comparison would be how friendly and relaxed the police were to us over in Copenhagen compared to the heavy handed, OTT response by Police Glasgow here.

Yep, and then the funniest part of all is when genuinely threatening ultras come to Glasgow intent on causing violence (I’m thinking Ajax, Lazio and Legia Warsaw in recent times), Police Scotland ***** it and don’t do a thing. Absolute cowards to a man, I would be ashamed if I had to go home and look my family in the eye and tell them that’s what I did for a living, harassing working-class fans to fill their forces’ coffers

28-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Quite funny to see the loathsome policeman who tried to grab the scorer get emptied by the other player

matty_f
28-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Darren McGregor uses a policeman for leverage to jump on Sir David Gray after a certain goal at Hampden...

Oscar T Grouch
28-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Darren McGregor uses a policeman for leverage to jump on Sir David Gray after a certain goal at Hampden...

Knocked the bobbys hat off too, shoulda been charged with assaulting the polis :greengrin

norhfc
28-02-2020, 11:03 AM
May the police where keeping an eye on this mob of Danish fans last night.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0q6Tm2ULEihZWk6fq9uUkbJZQ

CentreLine
28-02-2020, 11:04 AM

But but but I thought they were all masons 🙄

Andy74
28-02-2020, 11:06 AM

Grass.

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Yep, and then the funniest part of all is when genuinely threatening ultras come to Glasgow intent on causing violence (I’m thinking Ajax, Lazio and Legia Warsaw in recent times), Police Scotland ***** it and don’t do a thing. Absolute cowards to a man, I would be ashamed if I had to go home and look my family in the eye and tell them that’s what I did for a living, harassing working-class fans to fill their forces’ coffers #ACAB

Really?

I've known quite a few policemen (& women) over the years and the majority are just folk getting on with their job - and as happens in any job, there are good guys and there are twats - no different from any walk of life.

Gordy M
28-02-2020, 11:12 AM
Yep, and then the funniest part of all is when genuinely threatening ultras come to Glasgow intent on causing violence (I’m thinking Ajax, Lazio and Legia Warsaw in recent times), Police Scotland ***** it and don’t do a thing. Absolute cowards to a man, I would be ashamed if I had to go home and look my family in the eye and tell them that’s what I did for a living, harassing working-class fans to fill their forces’ coffers #ACAB

Wheat Hound
28-02-2020, 11:18 AM

What a lot of generalised rubbish to tar thousands due to the actions of a few. Think you should be ashamed of yourself for spouting this.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 11:19 AM
I have family that are police.......and to be honest you can gtf. I dont care if you are a 'fellow hibs fan'. They have went through stuff you cant even imagine. So i reiterate.....you can gtf. As for ACAB......are you 12????

I’m talking specifically within the remits of policing football games, they are thugs with wee guy mentalities and the world would be a better place without them. I obviously respect those who have to deal with real crimes and help make our streets safer,

green with envy
28-02-2020, 11:20 AM

I remember that but thought it was a big fat b.......d of a steward. Not that i'm doubting you.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 11:20 AM
What a lot of generalised rubbish to tar thousands due to the actions of a few. Think you should be ashamed of yourself for spouting this.

Not at all, and they’re allowed to get away with how they treat working-class football fans because of attitudes like yours, have been even since Hillsborough. It’s not just a few, it’s the mentality of their commanders, they are classist, they despise the ordinary football fan

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 11:21 AM
I’m talking specifically within the remits of policing football games, they are thugs with wee guy mentalities and the world would be a better place without them. I obviously respect those who have to deal with real crimes and help make our streets safer,

You do know that they're the same people? :rolleyes:

Wheat Hound
28-02-2020, 11:22 AM
Not at all, and they’re allowed to get away with how they treat working-class football fans because of attitudes like yours, have been even since Hillsborough. It’s not just a few, it’s the mentality of their commanders, they are classist, they despise the ordinary football fan

Are all football fans working class like? Cliched and ill informed nonsense from you here. You do know what ACAB means eh?

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 11:23 AM
Are all football fans working class like? Cliched and ill informed nonsense from you here. You do know what ACAB means eh?

I do indeed, the majority of police officers are in the job for all the wrong reasons, and the less said about their superiors the better

Wheat Hound
28-02-2020, 11:25 AM
I do indeed, the majority of police officers are in the job for all the wrong reasons, and the less said about their superiors the better

So you know the majority of them then? Lets agree to disagree here.

Kojock
28-02-2020, 11:26 AM
You do know that they're the same people? :rolleyes:

And a lot of them football fans as well.

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 11:27 AM
Wow! Probably some of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on .net - and that's saying something.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 11:28 AM
So you know the majority of them then? Lets agree to disagree here.

I know how the majority treat young fans at games, their behaviour is vile

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 11:32 AM
Anyway, aside from my own views on the police at football matches, which stem from personal experience and working with Fans Against Criminalisation, I think we can all agree that - on this specific incident anyway - Police Scotland have had a mare

hibbyfraelibby
28-02-2020, 11:35 AM
on this specific incident anyway - Police Scotland have had a mare

As have you...

Killiehibbie
28-02-2020, 11:36 AM
I know how the majority treat young fans at games, their behaviour is vile

Since I stopped being a pest the police have left me alone, not even a search for about 25 years. Maybe their attitude is reserved for the young team.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 11:40 AM
Since I stopped being a pest the police have left me alone, not even a search for about 25 years. Maybe their attitude is reserved for the young team.

It is, most certainly. But this attitude that “if you do nothing wrong the police will leave you alone” is a falsehood, some police officers actively want trouble at games - last night being a great example of that

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 11:43 AM
It is, most certainly. But this attitude that “if you do nothing wrong the police will leave you alone” is a falsehood, some police officers actively want trouble at games - last night being a great example of that

Aye! That cop wanted to be shoved over - B*****D!

HibeeHibernian4
28-02-2020, 11:46 AM

He didn’t want to be but he entirely deserved it for trying to manhandle a player who was celebrating a goal, whilst his fellow officers were arresting Copenhagen’s club stewards. That hopefully won’t go down well with UEFA and I would love to see Celtic and Police Scotland have the book thrown at them for it.

hibsbollah
28-02-2020, 11:48 AM

Using the acab hashtag isn't doing him any favours but I agree with him that there are a sizable number of them who are hankering after a bit of trouble and see the football as a free swing. The way I get treated as an away fan is totally different to the way the police interact with me in other areas of life. And it's time it stopped.

tamig
28-02-2020, 11:50 AM

What utter tosh.

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 11:57 AM
Using the acab hashtag isn't doing him any favours but I agree with him that there are a sizable number of them who are hankering after a bit of trouble and see the football as a free swing. The way I get treated as an away fan is totally different to the way the police interact with me in other areas of life. And it's time it stopped.

Yep, and I accept using that term was reactionary and silly so I will edit it out of my original post. But like you say, having been treated quite badly by police officers at grounds over the years simply for the crime of being a football supporter (when I get treated like an ordinary citizen outwith stadiums), I do harbour a sense of mistrust and dare I say anger towards the tactics of Police Scotland

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 11:57 AM

Apart from one incident at Ibrox 35+ years ago I can honestly say that I've never had any real bother with the police at football matches - I don't know, maybe it's down to my size and (unintentionally) less than friendly demeanor. :dunno:

That's doesn't mean I haven't seen policemen behaving like dicks (far, far fewer than fans doing the same) - just nothing to get upset about.

TimeForHeroes16
28-02-2020, 12:04 PM
The pig never fell hard enough

matty_f
28-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Grass.

:faf:

Waxy
28-02-2020, 12:12 PM
I get wined up every weekend and I've never had to appear in court yet....

I get wined up also most nights. Long may it continue.

ekhibee
28-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Really?

I've known quite a few policemen (& women) over the years and the majority are just folk getting on with their job - and as happens in any job, there are good guys and there are twats - no different from any walk of life.

This.

hfc rd
28-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Embarrassing if true.

One of them if the shoe was on the other foot then no doubt the police would have allowed the Celtic players to celebrate with their fans. Also with the huge police presence next to the Copenhagen fans, you would have expected their whole support were a bunch of criminals judging by that huge police presence in that corner

Biggie
28-02-2020, 12:27 PM

not a fan eh ?
Best take a breather mate.....

KingPat4
28-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Thirty years ago the Glesca polis would just have put him in a cell and kicked the **** out of him

matty_f
28-02-2020, 12:34 PM
Understand why the police wouldn't do it - but what is there to stop the police lifting the boy there and then?

CloudSquall
28-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Understand why the police wouldn't do it - but what is there to stop the police lifting the boy there and then?

Don't go giving them ideas, dubious penalties at Ibrox and Celtic Park will be the least of our worries :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Remember the Teenage Kicks game at Dark Heid 3-1 win

Over officious Security Guard didnae take well to us celebrating in front of our own fans

Wheat Hound
28-02-2020, 01:37 PM
The pig never fell hard enough

Let's hope you never need to call them then.

Since452
28-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Raging Glesga pollis?

Pleasing

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Understand why the police wouldn't do it - but what is there to stop the police lifting the boy there and then?I think that they're under instruction to not lift/huckle players, subs, etc. under any circumstances.

NGP
28-02-2020, 02:06 PM
The BBC report said it was the goal scorer who has been charged, but the player who knocked the police officer over was not the scorer? Perhaps something else happened and it was not the incident highlighted in the clip?

Edit - Santos scored the 1st goal, he was a 'goal scorer' just not the goal in question.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2020, 02:17 PM
The BBC report said it was the goal scorer who has been charged, but the player who knocked the police officer over was not the scorer? Perhaps something else happened and it was not the incident highlighted in the clip?

Surely it's not another case of mistaken identity?

Anyway, i was on the appeals committee for James Keatings, and the policeman clearly dived.

Alex Trager
28-02-2020, 02:23 PM
It’s remarkable that the polis tried to stop them from celebrating with their fans. Really weird behaviour.

The referee polices the game.

Take a seat plod

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2020, 02:25 PM
With

ABZHFC
28-02-2020, 02:35 PM
It’s remarkable that the polis tried to stop them from celebrating with their fans. Really weird behaviour.

The referee polices the game.

Take a seat plod

Exactly, and the thing is it actually creates more issues than it solves. What would Copenhagen fans have done? Celebrated with their heroes, simple as

Andy74
28-02-2020, 02:45 PM
With

Agree.

SouthMoroccoStu
28-02-2020, 03:15 PM
news just in from chic young "every single policeman/woman was assaulted i saw it with my own eyes honest"

lol

A Hi-Bee
28-02-2020, 03:51 PM
Nothing changes at Darkheid you score against them and the polis will be after you. What a ****in country we live in.

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2020, 03:55 PM
What an embarrassment. Why the bleep were the polis getting involved in the first place? The boy looked like he slipped anyway. Probably getting a good slagging from his colleagues. The procurator fiscal will hopefully tell them to bolt.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2020, 04:04 PM
What an embarrassment. Why the bleep were the polis getting involved in the first place? The boy looked like he slipped anyway. Probably getting a good slagging from his colleagues. The procurator fiscal will hopefully tell them to bolt.

Wonder what UEFA think of this intervention

The Harp Awakes
28-02-2020, 04:21 PM

Aye probably cos the wegie polis are a huns.

Keith_M
28-02-2020, 04:39 PM
I remember that but thought it was a big fat b.......d of a steward. Not that i'm doubting you.

It was a steward.

Grabbed Sproule like he was a Fan that had run on to the pitch, not a player just celebrating a goal

StirlingHibee
28-02-2020, 04:52 PM
A total embarrassment - and that copper should be feeling a bit sheepish. What on earth is wrong with celebrating with your own fans - what harm can it come to other than winding up the opposition (so what). Glasgow Police need to have a word with themselves!!

ZAGREB RED
28-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Surely the forces of law and order in this country can put their time and taxpayers money to better use and tackle real crime.
Ridiculous.
PF needs to put this one where it belongs, in the bin.

Joe6-2
28-02-2020, 05:37 PM

Said this to the missus, the polis are a joke through there

jgl07
28-02-2020, 06:02 PM
Given it's essentially Weegie Police he deserves a medal for doing what we'd all love to do after their "treatment" of Hibs (or any team from outwith Glasgow's) fans over the years.

If you think Glasgow police are bad, look at Merseyside police. A couple of years back the Liverpool faithful fire bombed the Man City coach in some cases from the top of a police vehicle yet the plod saw nothing and made no arrests.

It is what to expect in such places.

Rumble de Thump
28-02-2020, 06:38 PM
None of the police or stewards should have been manhandling the players. They created a problem and should be apologising to the players. It was a very weied situation for them to create.

Chorley Hibee
28-02-2020, 07:37 PM
For an example of over zealous policing/stewarding, then you only need look at the amount of them surrounding a few kids from Inverness singing and making a racket tonight.

Let's see where they are the next time the Huns and Celtic visit.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 07:46 PM
For an example of over zealous policing/stewarding, then you only need look at the amount of them surrounding a few kids from Inverness singing and making a racket tonight.

They should be ashamed of themselves.Who exactly? The PCs who are just doing what their told?

Chorley Hibee
28-02-2020, 08:43 PM
Who exactly? The PCs who are just doing what their told?

Aye, okay then. Let's see if they employ the same procedures when Rangers are next in town, we both know the answer to that one.

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 08:45 PM
The vast majority are just guys doing their job. I see no reason why they should be ashamed of themselves.

CMurdoch
29-02-2020, 11:45 AM

Ex Hibs players Mark McGraw and Mark Fulton will be pleased that a nad is calling them *******s as will the mega amounts of cops and ex cops that are Hibs season ticket holders and supporters. The irony of it all!

Not So Young
29-02-2020, 01:26 PM
The real question should be , why is there an ultra aggressive approach by police and stewards towards players approaching fans at their away end ..

They don’t do the same for home players ..it is the most aggressive response anywhere in the league by some way .

It's always the same at Parkhead. The police do not prevent players running into the fans at any other ground in Scotland just Parkhead and the number of senior police in that group last night was nuts.

Compare the Parkhead police reaction to the Arsenal Olympiakos game the same night Olympiakos scored late on and the whole team ran into the crown not a policeman\steward in sight

Carheenlea
29-02-2020, 02:07 PM

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Completely over the top and having a line of stewards up an aisle within their support (and a pretty decent one for them it was too) was baffling.

It wouldn`t be so bad if the robust policy was replicated for every club, but it appears to be decided on a club to club basis. When the Old Firm come calling it`s the softly softly approach and if the fans stay within the stand they can behave pretty much in any manner they wish and display banners over advertisers who have paid big money for hoardings and cover the scoreboard. a different rule book of what`s not permitted is pulled out for the other clubs.

Last night`s show of force from police and stewards was simply pathetic.

DH1875
29-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Remember when Celtic scored a late winner and they all ran into the crowd and one of their players stole the coppers hat?

Nah neither did I but my mate just showed me a video of it.

Phil MaGlass
29-02-2020, 04:33 PM
It's always the same at Parkhead. The police do not prevent players running into the fans at any other ground in Scotland just Parkhead and the number of senior police in that group last night was nuts.

Compare the Parkhead police reaction to the Arsenal Olympiakos game the same night Olympiakos scored late on and the whole team ran into the crown not a policeman\steward in sight

Scottish police have always been ****ers in Glasgow, does it come as a surprise, no, **** them bunch of f,n mason boynes. Nae time for the polis.

lord bunberry
29-02-2020, 04:39 PM
It's Sproule in the 3-1 win all those years ago. The stewards and plods are basically just bitter Celtc fans who can't hack it when things don't go their way. Was at Celtic Park for our last win there in 2010 and the stewarding was unbelievably heavy-handed - guys being ejected for standing up when Hibs created a chance. About half our bus was thrown out. Went bananas when Galbraith scored the winner as figured they can't throw you out for celebrating a goal (and it was late on anyway!)
I was thrown out of that game as well, the police through there are a joke.

Just_Jimmy
29-02-2020, 04:42 PM

Compare the Parkhead police reaction to the Arsenal Olympiakos game the same night Olympiakos scored late on and the whole team ran into the crown not a policeman\steward in sightEnglish games are policed differently from Scottish games, at the request of the clubs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

whiskyhibby
29-02-2020, 05:01 PM

completely agree, Police Scotland yet again a laughing stock, bunch of clowns 🤡

Solonleith1
01-03-2020, 12:48 PM
https://twitter.com/grahamruthven/status/1233345201915203584?s=20

That'll explain why it wasnt the scorer charged. Must be the second guy that comes steaming in after cop grabs the scorer.

proud_and_green
01-03-2020, 01:11 PM
I don't know, I think it's a deliberate barge in the back because the cop had just manhandled his teammate a second before.

But as has been said, the way we get treated in Glasgow by the cops is well known, it's hard to have a massive amount of sympathy. I have to be honest and say I gave an internal cheer when I saw it :greengrin

I agree, I thought it was deliberate too. He seems to go at him and shoulder barges him away from his team mate.

Carheenlea
01-03-2020, 01:40 PM
I agree, I thought it was deliberate too. He seems to go at him and shoulder barges him away from his team mate.

The next step is players getting charged for bad tackles.

What’s the difference between making no attempt to go for a ball and barging an opponent to the ground or barging a steward over?

Eyrie
01-03-2020, 03:40 PM
The next step is players getting charged for bad tackles.

What’s the difference between making no attempt to go for a ball and barging an opponent to the ground or barging a steward over?

I'm old enough to remember Duncan Ferguson being charged with assault for headbutting an opponent on the pitch. Have there been any other players charged with deliberately injuring an opponent?

weecounty hibby
01-03-2020, 05:52 PM
I'm old enough to remember Duncan Ferguson being charged with assault for headbutting an opponent on the pitch. Have there been any other players charged with deliberately injuring an opponent?

Ferguson was already on probation, or whatever it's called, for an assault in a taxi rank in Stirling. He was a complete bam and the best thing he ever did was leave Scotland. There was a Hamilton player back in the day, Pelosi, I think who was a dirty *******. I think he was taken to court for ending someone's career with a horror tackle which was his usual.

DH1875
01-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Ferguson was already on probation, or whatever it's called, for an assault in a taxi rank in Stirling. He was a complete bam and the best thing he ever did was leave Scotland. There was a Hamilton player back in the day, Pelosi, I think who was a dirty *******. I think he was taken to court for ending someone's career with a horror tackle which was his usual.

He also done a boy in Kirkintillock. Might even have been with a bottle if memory serves me right. Lucky he didn't get longer.

Hibby Bairn
01-03-2020, 08:46 PM
He definitely barges the guy 😂. Having said that why is there so many stewards and police there. Looked like a scene from 1980s miners strike.

TheReg!
02-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Police and Stewards are there to do a job. We’ve all seen the clips when players run to the fans, they surge towards the player and the safety barriers collapse risking potential injury or even worse. The player was bang out of order smashing the Police guy in the back and has rightly so been pulled for it.

NAE NOOKIE
02-03-2020, 10:41 AM
Ex Hibs players Mark McGraw and Mark Fulton will be pleased that a nad is calling them *******s as will the mega amounts of cops and ex cops that are Hibs season ticket holders and supporters. The irony of it all!

I play walking football with 3 ex coppers. One is a weegie and a match attending Celtic fan off and on, one is from Edinburgh and a Jambo and one is an absolutely mental Hibby who goes to every home game and on top of that an absolutely brilliant guy. Some of the stuff being said about the cops on here is bloody ridiculous.

HibeeHibernian4
02-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Police and Stewards are there to do a job. We’ve all seen the clips when players run to the fans, they surge towards the player and the safety barriers collapse risking potential injury or even worse. The player was bang out of order smashing the Police guy in the back and has rightly so been pulled for it.

That wasn’t what happened here and the fans will still run towards the front and to the player. Whether there are some day glo wearing overzealous fuds trying to prevent this changes little.