PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back alcohol

Monts
27-02-2020, 09:36 AM
I see the papers are running with the story that Ron wants to bring back alcohol sales at football.

I was at the AGM and don't recall him mentioning it at all so the timing of this seems strange considering the ambitious plans laid out last night.

Having said that, I agree with what he's saying. Football is taxing itself, forfeiting money it can't really afford to be giving away.

Thoughts

Keith_M
27-02-2020, 09:42 AM
I see the papers are running with the story that Ron wants to bring back alcohol sales at football.

I was at the AGM and don't recall him mentioning it at all so the timing of this seems strange considering the ambitious plans laid out last night.

Having said that, I agree with what he's saying. Football is taxing itself, forfeiting money it can't really afford to be giving away.

Thoughts

Most people at football would behave themselves perfectly well if they were having a drink at games.

A minority wouldn't.

Depends on whether you're willing to take the risk from the second group.

p.s. I'm not saying don't do it, just that there's possible consequences.

hibbysam
27-02-2020, 09:49 AM
Most people at football would behave themselves perfectly well if they were having a drink at games.

A minority wouldn't.

Depends on whether you're willing to take the risk from the second group.

p.s. I'm not saying don't do it, just that there's possible consequences.

I’d wager the behaviour wouldn’t get any worse than it is currently because of a couple of flat pints...

Doesn’t stop folk getting rat arsed before games at present, because they feel they have to tank up before they get to the ground. This has the prospect of reversing that culture for most as they know they’ll get a couple of pints during the game.

27-02-2020, 09:58 AM
Would help the atmosphere too. Who doesn't like a wee sing song after a couple of pints?

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2020, 09:59 AM
I dont think the drinks ban really affects the likes of us v ross county or livi. It affects every game the bigot brothers play, and for that reason i dont believe we will see it back soon.

They cant be trusted, so the rest of us pay the price.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2020, 10:00 AM
Drinking at the football is allowed now to all intents and purposes. I could currently go to the stadium a couple of hours before the game, enter the stadium, buy multiple alcoholic drinks, leave the stadium then enter the stadium again by a turnstile located 10 yards from the door I have just exited and that's apparently fine. The current laws are a nonsense.

Let's be honest people who can't handle a drink and behave like bams do so even with the current legislation in place. There are, off the top of my head, about 10-15 pubs within a 10 minute walk of ER. Add to that people drink at home, drink on trains, drink on buses etc etc. People who act like total dicks are a tiny minority and we should be challenging them rather than penalising the hundreds and thousands of people who can enjoy a couple of pints and behave properly. Are that majority going to start behaving like raging lunatics because they can have a pint in the concourse before a game? Is Hibs v St Mirren on a Tuesday night suddenly going to become like an Istanbul derby?

Personally I could take or leave a pint at the game. I go to the Iona if I have a beer before the game at the moment and the lure of a pint of Carling at ER probably wouldn't change that. It should be an option for those that want it though.

hibsbollah
27-02-2020, 10:01 AM
I wouldnt like to see it happen. We cant be trusted.

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2020, 10:03 AM
If the bars were just open pre match for an hour and at half time I think that would be a good litmus test.

Cataplana
27-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Would help the atmosphere too. Who doesn't like a wee sing song after a couple of pints?

The people who prefer a square go?

green&left
27-02-2020, 10:38 AM
I wouldnt like to see it happen. We cant be trusted.

People said the same about Friday night games, Saturday half 5 games, standing sections etc etc.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2020, 10:42 AM
Depending on when the purchasing of alcohol was allowed, this would maybe work best with a standing section. Shuffling past people on a terracing is fine.

The Pointer
27-02-2020, 10:50 AM
On the odd occasion when I'm not driving home after a game I prefer to drink in the pubs because of the crack and I get to drink the beer I prefer to drink.

bingo70
27-02-2020, 10:57 AM
Imo having the option to get a pint in a plastic cup behind the stand would cut back on people sneaking in glass bottles, which can later turn into a weapon.

Equalling alcohol with bad behaviour isn’t looking at the bigger picture.

Bad behaviour still happens when you can’t get a drink at the ground so maybe getting a drink in the ground isn’t the common denominator of trouble the powers that be seem to think it is.

27-02-2020, 11:06 AM
The people who prefer a square go?

Ah, the 3 pint guys.

Anthony Soprano
27-02-2020, 11:08 AM
I think alcohol should definitely be allowed at the games. I think it would make very little difference, as it stands people who want to drink at games will just drink beforehand, in fact they will probably drink more to make up for lost drinking time during the game.

Won't bother me personally if it is or not, if the price of food at the games is anything to go by then you'll be looking at about £6 a pint.

DH1875
27-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Depending on when the purchasing of alcohol was allowed, this would maybe work best with a standing section. Shuffling past people on a terracing is fine.

You won't be drinking on the terracing. If and it's a big if it ever comes in you'll be drinking on the concourse where the kiosks already are.
So having a pint to watch the game won't actual happen.

Fizz
27-02-2020, 11:49 AM
https://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryUK/videos/2952318458132826/:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 11:52 AM
Will alcohol be on sale in the away dugout for the Derby?

Since452
27-02-2020, 11:55 AM
£5 a pint or whatever it'll be. I'd rather stick to the boozer or a carryout

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Disposable / reusable plastic pints or bottles? I guess the trick is to pioneer with partners who demonstrate capability, get exposure and reap rewards through dealings with other clubs on the know-how on all things green.

makaveli1875
27-02-2020, 12:01 PM
Its not a straight forward thing to do . If they sold bevvy to the fans at say Hibs v Ross County i doubt there would be many issues . If they did it at a derby or old firm game , or us V the huns its gonna be utter carnage

Brightside
27-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Open the bars 1 hour before kick off. No issue. Pished people will still be pished people.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Will never happen while we continue to chuck flairs and bottles.

Smartie
27-02-2020, 12:06 PM
It should definitely be allowed, but not at certain games.

We all know the flashpoints - games with the OF and derbies, add more alcohol to the mix there and you'd probably have trouble. Or certainly, the next bit of inevitable trouble at one of those games would be blamed on the alcohol.

It won't happen because all of the games involving the OF would be high risk games, their wouldn't get to drink so would kick up fuss would prevent everyone else from doing so (whilst still having their Bucky-fuelled marauding and singsongs on the road).

Basically any game where there is the need for a "dry train" to get to the game, there shouldn't be alcohol on sale at the ground.

I quite like a pint on the concourse when I go to game in England.

mutley
27-02-2020, 12:16 PM
I'm guessing they don't mean during the game.

We have the BTG bar, and we tried the Beer Tent in the East when the refurb was going on, and I quite liked that. The amount of wasted space under the East could easily accommodate something like that, and if it closed at the same time as BTG then what's the issue?

G B Young
27-02-2020, 12:16 PM
It's a tricky issue at a time when the political focus is on curbing Scotland's drinking culture.

However, we're not talking here about going back to the 70s when fans could literally roll up with bag-full of of cans and bottles to take on to the terracing. That was largely before my time (or at least before I started drinking!) but when I was younger I would often meet up around lunchtime, or even earlier, for a few pints pre-game and I kind of saw the match as a break from the booze before heading back to the pub after the game.

These days, with kids in tow, I rarely drink before games, but I can see how the match-day experience could be improved if we introduced bars around the stadium. It would have to be done well, however. A warehouse-like atmosphere featuring huge queues for pints in a plastic glass isn't going to entice folk out of the pubs. It needs to be an environment, possibly including a decent food option, where fans feel they can relax and enjoy the build-up in a similar way to a family-friendly pub IMHO.

Carheenlea
27-02-2020, 12:17 PM
It’s probably because we’ve went so long now with an alcohol ban inside football grounds that so many would be against reintroducing it, or probably more so why so many aren’t that fussed either way. Those that enjoy a beer before games are well facilitated and have our own routines by the many options near Easter Road. The bigger picture is about encouraging more fans along, and improving facilities inside the stadium and upgrading the stadium and improving the fan experience in a more modern venue with better quality and options of catering, so I’d argue that providing the sale of alcohol goes hand in hand with that.

When alcohol was permitted in grounds prior to the Old Firm riot in 1980 it was carry outs of cans and bottles. Sales of low strength beer in plastic tumblers (reusable with the green initiative..) from the kiosks is a far more controlled and safer environment.

Smartie
27-02-2020, 12:34 PM
It's a tricky issue at a time when the political focus is on curbing Scotland's drinking culture.

However, we're not talking here about going back to the 70s when fans could literally roll up with bag-full of of cans and bottles to take on to the terracing. That was largely before my time (or at least before I started drinking!) but when I was younger I would often meet up around lunchtime, or even earlier, for a few pints pre-game and I kind of saw the match as a break from the booze before heading back to the pub after the game.

These days, with kids in tow, I rarely drink before games, but I can see how the match-day experience could be improved if we introduced bars around the stadium. It would have to be done well, however. A warehouse-like atmosphere featuring huge queues for pints in a plastic glass isn't going to entice folk out of the pubs. It needs to be an environment, possibly including a decent food option, where fans feel they can relax and enjoy the build-up in a similar way to a family-friendly pub IMHO.

The problem with Scotland's drinking culture isn't so much with the drinking itself but the antisocial behaviour it can lead to as well as the health impact of overindulging.

Changing, rather than curbing, is what it is all about.

I'm probably going to drink before and after the game on Friday for the first time this season and tbh I'm really quite looking forward to it.

As regards drinking at the football, encouraging folk to drink responsibly in a ground is surely every bit as sensible as forcing them to cram as much down their necks as possible prior to games?

I'm comfortable with the idea of Hibs profiting from folk having a couple of pints once a fortnight.

It's interesting to see how it is done on the continent. Wee pop up bars around the grounds in Germany are great (when the sun is shining) and it would be magic to think Hibs could do something similar, a bit like that tent that they did in the past.

A barbecue selling stuff like burgers and hot dogs along with a bottle bar could be brilliant, and shouldn't be beyond us being able to organise.

Mikey
27-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Will never happen while we continue to chuck flairs and bottles.

Yep, although the upgraded CCTV will help with that. If people know they'll be caught they're much less likely to do it.

I wonder if there's a hospitality loophole that can be exploited?...... Only hospitality members can buy alcohol but membership is only £1 and it's included in every adult ST.

Colr

Thoughts

American style!! There will be waiting staff to bring you beer and hotdogs or pizza at your seat!!

Actually, they do this at Saracens.

Andy74
Its not a straight forward thing to do . If they sold bevvy to the fans at say Hibs v Ross County i doubt there would be many issues . If they did it at a derby or old firm game , or us V the huns its gonna be utter carnage

It really wouldn’t.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Selling alcohol will help us to achieve our environmental targets by discouraging people from taking their cars to games. I love Hibs holistic approach to climate change.[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SquashedFrogg
27-02-2020, 12:41 PM
It really wouldn’t.

Having seen the absolute state some turn up to the big games in, I think it would.

hibby67
27-02-2020, 12:44 PM
surely it's more than just bringing back drink with Big Ron's vision of a better match day experience if we had a bar in each of the West/East and FF put on some food and some entertainment (a comedian say) or show replays of some classic Hibs matches it would get us in the mood for the game which would help the atmosphere and bring in extra revenue to the club to enhance the 1st team which would then get more people to attend which would then bring in extra revenue and so on ?

Smartie
27-02-2020, 12:45 PM
It really wouldn’t.

All of the trouble we have at games is at games with these clubs. Whenever they are evening games (with ample opportunity for more bevvying) the problems are worse. When we have our singalongahun Friday night parties at Easter Road it is worse still.

We do not need to be chucking any more alcohol into that particular mix. Whilst it might not exactly be our idea of "carnage", if we're trying to attract new fans along to Easter Road who might disapprove of sectarian singing, chucking glass bottles onto the pitch or fans running on to the park to confront players, we'd maybe better not chuck more bevvy into the mix.

The vast majority of our games (and the behaviour of our fans) would not be affected in a negative way by alcohol being sold in grounds.

G B Young
27-02-2020, 12:47 PM
The problem with Scotland's drinking culture isn't so much with the drinking itself but the antisocial behaviour it can lead to as well as the health impact of overindulging.

Changing, rather than curbing, is what it is all about.

I'm probably going to drink before and after the game on Friday for the first time this season and tbh I'm really quite looking forward to it.

As regards drinking at the football, encouraging folk to drink responsibly in a ground is surely every bit as sensible as forcing them to cram as much down their necks as possible prior to games?

I'm comfortable with the idea of Hibs profiting from folk having a couple of pints once a fortnight.

It's interesting to see how it is done on the continent. Wee pop up bars around the grounds in Germany are great (when the sun is shining) and it would be magic to think Hibs could do something similar, a bit like that tent that they did in the past.

A barbecue selling stuff like burgers and hot dogs along with a bottle bar could be brilliant, and shouldn't be beyond us being able to organise.

Agree with all of that. Just need the sun to shine a bit more often. Summer football anyone?

MyJo
27-02-2020, 12:49 PM
Stick pop-up beer gardens outside the stands for non old-firm matches and allow people to leave the stadium and re-enter through the turnstiles at half time. Would get around the current restrictions and open open up a new revenue stream for us.

mutley
27-02-2020, 12:50 PM
Just to add to what some are saying against certain games. People that turn up totally plastered will do so, so they will either spend money at the club bar if we start to sell beer, or they spend it in a Leith pub. Either way, people are going to drink pre-match.

If it another revenue stream, then why not? ( with the obvious staff implications, some people that can't behave would need to be dealt with/removed from premises etc)

I usually go to the Edinburgh City Club bar to have a pre match pint, so if I could do this at Hibs, I would.

Oh and how much money does the Murrayfield hotel make from Hibs fans before an away Derby?

I_Love_Latapy
27-02-2020, 12:52 PM
There’s more turnover and profit in selling food rather than booze - as any modern pub refurb shows.

The real goal will be getting people to have pie/chips/burger/artisan bacon roll/wood fired pizza with a couple of pints at the ground. That could be £100k extra turnover per game.

brog
27-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Drinking at the football is allowed now to all intents and purposes. I could currently go to the stadium a couple of hours before the game, enter the stadium, buy multiple alcoholic drinks, leave the stadium then enter the stadium again by a turnstile located 10 yards from the door I have just exited and that's apparently fine. The current laws are a nonsense.

Let's be honest people who can't handle a drink and behave like bams do so even with the current legislation in place. There are, off the top of my head, about 10-15 pubs within a 10 minute walk of ER. Add to that people drink at home, drink on trains, drink on buses etc etc. People who act like total dicks are a tiny minority and we should be challenging them rather than penalising the hundreds and thousands of people who can enjoy a couple of pints and behave properly. Are that majority going to start behaving like raging lunatics because they can have a pint in the concourse before a game? Is Hibs v St Mirren on a Tuesday night suddenly going to become like an Istanbul derby?

Personally I could take or leave a pint at the game. I go to the Iona if I have a beer before the game at the moment and the lure of a pint of Carling at ER probably wouldn't change that. It should be an option for those that want it though.

Great summary & you haven't even mentioned the most ludicrous part. I'm a senior citizen who can go to Murrayfield on a Friday night & actually drink a beer while watching a rugby game. The next day en route to ER I suddenly turn into a geriatric hooligan who can't be trusted with a beer inside the ground! Yet another piece of nonsense down to the uglies!

AgentDaleCooper
27-02-2020, 01:00 PM
I think the answer is to make the pints extortionate, so that no one is going to have more than a couple during the game.
If they are 7 quid each i think that would put people off having more than 1 or 2, whilst giving folk the option of having the mythical 'pint at the game' experience. Also, if the catering is brought in house, then this would mean bigger profit margins for the club 👍

McKenzie
27-02-2020, 01:01 PM
If alcohol was sold in the crowd you’d eliminate any glass bottles being thrown which has been our big issue with crowd trouble. You will never stop people having a drink in the ground so may as well make some money from it. This would definitely fit with RG planning on increasing all of our revenue

Andy74
27-02-2020, 01:10 PM
All of the trouble we have at games is at games with these clubs. Whenever they are evening games (with ample opportunity for more bevvying) the problems are worse. When we have our singalongahun Friday night parties at Easter Road it is worse still.

We do not need to be chucking any more alcohol into that particular mix. Whilst it might not exactly be our idea of "carnage", if we're trying to attract new fans along to Easter Road who might disapprove of sectarian singing, chucking glass bottles onto the pitch or fans running on to the park to confront players, we'd maybe better not chuck more bevvy into the mix.

The vast majority of our games (and the behaviour of our fans) would not be affected in a negative way by alcohol being sold in grounds.

That’s not really what happens when alcohol is sold at grounds though.

Folk that want to get bevvied up will do so somewhere.

WhileTheChief..
27-02-2020, 01:16 PM
I regularly enjoy a couple of pints and have never got into trouble or a fight afterwards. Ever.

I think I would manage just fine if I bought them them at ER.

Why do so many of you assume that I, and others like me, will suddenly turn into neds?

proud_and_green
27-02-2020, 01:17 PM
On the odd occasion when I'm not driving home after a game I prefer to drink in the pubs because of the crack and I get to drink the beer I prefer to drink.I am with you on this, I like the atmosphere of a pub and don't like drinking crap beer out of plastic glasses in the freezing cold. So I wouldn't imbibe, but I can see some folks who would and would remain congenial however there would be the odd one or two who wouldn't! And one or two nutters is too many, especially if they sit beside you!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

bingo70
27-02-2020, 01:43 PM

Why would there be utter carnage by selling pretty weak lager at the ground?

People drink up until kick off anyway, this would be a way of controlling what people are drinking though. Its not a full bar people are suggesting is brought in.

By having the option of a lager only bar you are taking away the option of drinking stronger things like Vodka, JD, shots etc...,,,,

It’s a complete no brainer imo and all the arguments against it don’t stand up to any scrutiny at all.

Box 17
27-02-2020, 02:17 PM
As far as I remember, alcohol was never generally on sale to the vast majority of fans in the ground. Drinking at matches was commonplace because fans were allowed to bring it in with them. I can still recall the days of wading through piles of cans and bottles on the way out of the old east terracing after every match. I don't believe anyone wants a return to that.

As long as it is suitably controlled, and bringing your own booze is still prohibited and strictly enforced, I don't see any problem with selling beer at matches to those who would probably have gone to a nearby pub anyway.

Hibeesmad
27-02-2020, 02:21 PM
Selling alcohol will help us to achieve our environmental targets by discouraging people from taking their cars to games. I love Hibs holistic approach to climate change.[emoji3]

Brilliant 😂

Keith_M
27-02-2020, 02:23 PM
I'm guessing they don't mean during the game.

We have the BTG bar, and we tried the Beer Tent in the East when the refurb was going on, and I quite liked that. The amount of wasted space under the East could easily accommodate something like that, and if it closed at the same time as BTG then what's the issue?

When I go down to the concourse at half-time you can hardly move, so I'm not sure where all the space is.

Unless you meant building another floor above the concourse?

:dunno:

Hibeesmad
27-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Selling alcohol in the stadium could be our answer to the new singing section.

Keith_M
27-02-2020, 02:25 PM

Sorry, but could you explain what you mean?

Hibeesmad
27-02-2020, 02:32 PM
Sorry, but could you explain what you mean?

It would perhaps create more atmosphere around the stadium.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 02:36 PM
I’ve changed my mind. We need to keep alcohol out of football.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18266345.hearts-can-win-scottish-cup-insists-daniel-stendel/

neil7908
27-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Would fancy it except for Cat A games.

Smartie
27-02-2020, 03:08 PM

Who are we going to boot out to accommodate our new “minging section”?

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2020, 03:12 PM
You won't be drinking on the terracing. If and it's a big if it ever comes in you'll be drinking on the concourse where the kiosks already are.
So having a pint to watch the game won't actual happen.

So if that is before the game, that's not a whole lot different from BTG, and if it is at half-time, we are looking for fans to shift a pint in 10 minutes or so. That maybe doesn't match all the messages about health and well-being? I guess that this one has pros and cons.

MrRobot
27-02-2020, 03:24 PM

Would it though? The same idiots who are already bevvied before the games and do stupid things currently may continue to do so, but that is a small minority. I doubt people who actually know how to behave at football games are suddenly gonna go ape **** just cause they could have a couple during the game instead of before.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 03:46 PM
They could start by doing it in the upper tiers of the west and FF where there is no pitch access. See how it works out.

bingo70
27-02-2020, 04:25 PM

Why?

What do you think will happen in category A games on the back of people drinking relatively low alcohol lager in a concourse behind a stand?

Do you think not selling it will restrict how much people drink or do you not just think they will drink elsewhere first?

Do you think people are likely to try and sneak stronger bevy in if there is an option to buy a beer before the game in the ground and at half time?

So many questions 😉

I’m not meaning to sound like a dick about it btw, for the life of me though I can’t see any good reason not to sell beer at football grounds, the idea that people will get drunker because of it and cause more trouble is ridiculous imo.

Box 17
27-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Why?

What do you think will happen in category A games on the back of people drinking relatively low alcohol lager in a concourse behind a stand?

Do you think not selling it will restrict how much people drink or do you not just think they will drink elsewhere first?

Do you think people are likely to try and sneak stronger bevy in if there is an option to buy a beer before the game in the ground and at half time?

So many questions 😉

I’m not meaning to sound like a dick about it btw, for the life of me though I can’t see any good reason not to sell beer at football grounds, the idea that people will get drunker because of it and cause more trouble is ridiculous imo.

You're absolutely right. Let's remember the trouble we've had at ER in the recent past has happened without alcohol being available for sale in the ground. It was more to do with the idiots with alcohol rather than the alcohol itself.

Smartie
27-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Why?

So many questions 😉

I think the problem isn't so much that it would increase the chances of bother but that the hand-wringing that would go on demanding that alcohol be banned from grounds after the totally inevitable first bit of trouble (which happens at category A games in Scotland relatively frequently) following alcohol being available in grounds would be unbearable.

Personally I think it just makes sense to keep it away but I agree with what you are saying really. Even if it was reintroduced to lower category games as an initial (and inevitably trouble-free) trial, that would be good.

KingPat4
27-02-2020, 05:20 PM
I remember well, the days when it was the done thing to get tanked up before the game and maybe have a wee half bottle in the pocket to keep out the cold. Some fond memories.

But now, even at English games, I rarely bother about a pint - last time was at St James Park, great craic with those Geordie bampots.

I prefer a couple of pints afterwords, to dissect the game, moan about the ref and argue with someone about Lewis Stevenson.

Besides, it's a bugger having a pretty hemmed in seat in the FF Upper and having to go for a piss every 15 minutes......,

Radium
27-02-2020, 05:37 PM

Know what you mean but categories have been flipped -Cat C now the higher risk games [emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200227/f91e63185f4a5138a9d304fdb3d0c40d.jpg

https://www.scotland.police.uk/assets/pdf/151934/184779/football-policing-sop

Scott Allan Key
28-02-2020, 12:47 AM

Personally I could take or leave a pint at the game. I go to the Iona if I have a beer before the game at the moment and the lure of a pint of Carling at ER probably wouldn't change that. It should be an option for those that want it though.Hahaha. I've not been to an Istanbul Derby or even one in Tikrit. But it's probably fair to say that some people don't need alcohol to act like total radges in Istanbul.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Modfather
28-02-2020, 09:10 AM
Is a key element to this debate as much about stewards doing their job and folk who are clearly too drunk or coked up being denied entry, which doesn’t happen now. I’ve never seen anyone denied entry for those reasons, and some of the states people can get into and still get into the stadium, particularly at Hampden, is ridiculous.

Steve-O
28-02-2020, 09:43 AM
I’ve been drinking beer, at my seat during games, for 12 years now in NZ at football, rugby and cricket matches. Obviously there’s not the general vitriol that we see at some Scottish games, but I have yet to see any trouble whatsoever during that time. You’re allowed 4 per person in plastic bottles or cups and it’s not uncommon to have 2-4 first half and 2-4 second half! Makes some games more bearable for one thing!

Also, the team here has linked up with some local craft breweries who sell their stuff at the stadium and even make themed beers that are only on sale at games - generally 4% lager style beers, i.e. nothing too strong and no spirits. You can also buy wee bottles of wine too, 12.5%!! Probably wouldn’t advise that at ER to be fair.