PDA

View Full Version : The big screen

Diclonius
27-02-2020, 07:37 AM
Is it wrong that this is what I'm most excited about?

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2020, 07:41 AM
Naw cannae wait

Slo mo action replays of Big Portos tackles Scotty’s through balls Rocky’s spectacular saves and wall to wall HIBS goals

.Sean.
27-02-2020, 07:46 AM
Hoping they release some images ASAP of what we can expect from the big screen and lighting etc. How sad is that :greengrin

DaveF
27-02-2020, 08:03 AM
All this talk of screens has me hankering for the days of the coo shed and that wonderfully rubbish scoreboard of yesteryear.....

The Modfather
27-02-2020, 08:11 AM
Hearts’ BBC documentary will look superb on it.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Can a screen show footage from a game whilst it is ongoing? Something at the back of my mind says it can't.

malcolm
27-02-2020, 08:15 AM
All this talk of screens has me hankering for the days of the coo shed and that wonderfully rubbish scoreboard of yesteryear.....

Yes but did that not involve some forward thinking clever marketing - to know for sure the teams at letter A that were 2-2 at half time did you not have to buy a program? I’m all nostalgic about but not hankering for the good old days of waiting for a pink paper van outside the newsagent on a Saturday night to read reports and scores or standing outside the window of the tv shop to see the scores flash across the teleprinter on screen. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
27-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Can a screen show footage from a game whilst it is ongoing? Something at the back of my mind says it can't.

It was certainly a rule at one point. Not sure if it continues though.

Laced1875
27-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Where would it go ? Between the east and famous 5 ?

_hucks_
27-02-2020, 08:18 AM

They can show live, but then if the feed source goes to a replay, they tend to stick a logo over the screen instead. Stops unintended VAR essentially.

hibsbollah
27-02-2020, 08:18 AM
1986 footage in 30 foot high glory please. Jambos leaning on terraces crying, Albert Kidd, lingering close ups of locked Dundee Cludgie with Craig Leveins car parked up outside...

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2020, 08:19 AM

My laddie went to Bayern they were showing goals from other live League games that were ongoing and highlights from the Stadium offsides VAR issues as they happened all whilst enjoying a watered down pint

Maybe different rules in the UK right enough?

calumhibee1
27-02-2020, 08:20 AM
They can show live, but then if the feed source goes to a replay, they tend to stick a logo over the screen instead. Stops unintended VAR essentially.

:agree:

When we’re at Hampden the game is on the screens but there’s no replays etc.

GordonHFC
27-02-2020, 08:21 AM

Between East and South I believe.

Greenworld
27-02-2020, 08:26 AM
Is it wrong that this is what I'm most excited about?No it's not the new board and ribbons strips round the ground will be fantastic ...and bring a huge new marketing opportunity for our people involved in advertising .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Laced1875
27-02-2020, 08:31 AM

madhatter
27-02-2020, 08:32 AM
Surely what's going on the big screen is more important? My concerns around the plans is - you need to have spaces to put additional advertisements on etc. but without the desire for companies to get involved we could end up with redundant tech. I dont think this will happen especially if we push for it as companies tend to want to get their names everywhere and in front of 13k+ people every couple of weeks is a decent prospect. Television is still what holds us back though, you need your stadium to be reaching more people.

I'm still excited about all these plans but time will tell whether they become reality, and a positive reality at that.

Sean1875
27-02-2020, 08:47 AM
No it's not the new board and ribbons strips round the ground will be fantastic ...and bring a huge new marketing opportunity for our people involved in advertising .

Reckon this means the TV cameras for filming at our games will go back to being in the East stand looking onto the West if that's where the digital ribbons will be for maximum coverage? Assuming theyll just be going between the two tiers which obviously isnt an option in the East

Mikey
27-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Don't they show replays of home goals at Ibrox?

Pretty Boy
27-02-2020, 08:50 AM

Pixture last night showed it between the East and South.

Steven79
27-02-2020, 08:57 AM

Makes sense as we are never likely to fill in that corner due to the away fans.

hibsbollah
27-02-2020, 08:59 AM
Its a matter of regret that this 'big screen' is going to render redundant all those fascinating 'Fill In The Corners FFS Petrie!' threads on here. For shame.

Greenworld
27-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Did ron say screen or screens I'm hoping 2 screens at least so all fans can see them

Since452
27-02-2020, 09:00 AM

Nope. I am too haha

surreyhibbie
27-02-2020, 09:02 AM
Yes but did that not involve some forward thinking clever marketing - to know for sure the teams at letter A that were 2-2 at half time did you not have to buy a program? I’m all nostalgic about but not hankering for the good old days of waiting for a pink paper van outside the newsagent on a Saturday night to read reports and scores or standing outside the window of the tv shop to see the scores flash across the teleprinter on screen. :greengrin

the pink was a lifeline for news as there was very little on TV, and I remember standing outside Radio Rentals in Musselburgh looking for the results!

changed days...

Since452
27-02-2020, 09:03 AM

In EPL games you can hear the crowd "ooh'ing and ahh'ing" at replays of near misses just after its happened.

Carheenlea
27-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Don't they show replays of home goals at Ibrox?

No. Just the live feed only.

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Did ron say screen or screens I'm hoping 2 screens at least so all fans can see them

1 screen which IMO is all we need.

Because I sit in the West :greengrin

KingPat4
27-02-2020, 09:11 AM

Would rather go back to the cave, pre seating. Bring back the slope and Turnbull's Tornadoes.

Glad I'm an auld git, don't want to watch inside a giant pinball machine.

Most of the state of the art English stadia, screens, beer, et al, are soulless bunkers with less atmosphere than the moon.

However, I do get that I'll be in a minority and probably rightly so.

I wouldn't have given the away fans those bloody waterproof ponchos either.

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2020, 09:11 AM

the pink was a lifeline for news as there was very little on TV, and I remember standing outside Radio Rentals in Musselburgh looking for the results!

changed days...

Used to love reading the HIBS line up in the reserve league:

Newman Trialist and Newman A N Other Trialist and Newman Davidson Junior Blair Trialist and Newman

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Wondering ... beamback?

Greenworld
27-02-2020, 09:14 AM
https://displaysolutions.samsung.com/showcase/success-stories/detail/national_stadium_kl_sports_city

green with envy
27-02-2020, 09:26 AM

If truth be told, it's the least of my worries but then again us 'oldies' were brought up with only what happened on the pitch.

What next hot running water and a place to have a ****.:greengrin

Caversham Green
27-02-2020, 09:33 AM

Reading show the game while it's ongoing but with a few seconds delay. They also show replays of goals and other incidents so it all works rather well

I've mentioned this several times before, but before each match they used to show a montage of iconic moments from their first promotion season (their 2016 moment) together with images of local landmarks accompanied by Clint Mansell's Lux Aeterna. The musical 'surge' was timed to coincide with the ball hitting the net from Bobby Convey's wonder goal that started the season off. I don't consider myself a Reading fan but I can't deny that got my juices flowing for the game ahead.

This is what the screen looks like in a stadium that's a similar size to ER.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCUjwG0W0AAFs3T.jpg

Greenbeard
27-02-2020, 09:56 AM
If it goes in the SE corner will folk sitting in the East see it ok? I'd have thought having it "square on" to the pitch in the South stand would afford a better viewing angle - maybe at the side of the S Stand right next to the SE corner. Loss of "away" seats yes, but how many, and for how many matches is that stand full? (Esp as we'll not be playing Queen Anne's lot next season.)

Green_one
27-02-2020, 10:24 AM
If it goes in the SE corner will folk sitting in the East see it ok? I'd have thought having it "square on" to the pitch in the South stand would afford a better viewing angle - maybe at the side of the S Stand right next to the SE corner. Loss of "away" seats yes, but how many, and for how many matches is that stand full? (Esp as we'll not be playing Queen Anne's lot next season.)

Can we place it so Celtic fans have trouble seeing past it please. Sort of poetic justice. :na na:

Kojock
27-02-2020, 10:29 AM

Yes they do it at Ibrox and Parkhead. Depending on where you are seated at Parkhead the screen is the better option at times. As far as I’m aware they are not allowed to show replays of any incidents.

hibsquaker
27-02-2020, 10:30 AM
Total waste of money

Caversham Green
27-02-2020, 10:31 AM
Yes they do it at Ibrox and Parkhead. Depending on where you are seated at Parkhead the screen is the better option at times. As far as I’m aware they are not allowed to show replays of any incidents.

They do show replays at Reading, so it is allowed.

Kojock
27-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Total waste of money

What a fantastic contribution to this thread. 😂

bingo70
27-02-2020, 10:32 AM
Total waste of money

How much is it costing?

How much additional revenue could it generate through advertising?

Unless you know the answer to both of them I don’t think we can know if it’s a total waste of money at this stage.

iwasthere1972
27-02-2020, 10:33 AM

Replays of Sir David Gray's winner at Hampden to be shown throughout half time when we play The Rangers.

Caversham Green
27-02-2020, 10:34 AM
Total waste of money

In what way?

iwasthere1972
27-02-2020, 10:36 AM
Now awaiting announcement from Gorgie of their bigger screen.

Kojock
27-02-2020, 10:38 AM
They do show replays at Reading, so it is allowed.

I’m just thinking to the times I’ve been at Ibrox and Parkhead I can’t recall seeing replays.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 10:49 AM

Well they could put it facing the plaza so that the remnants of the 400k that could’ve get in could watch the match. Or displace 300 punters

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Total waste of money

How is improving the experience for your customers a total waste of money?

Caversham Green
27-02-2020, 11:05 AM
I’m just thinking to the times I’ve been at Ibrox and Parkhead I can’t recall seeing replays.

Maybe it's different in Scotland?

27-02-2020, 11:06 AM
In EPL games you can hear the crowd "ooh'ing and ahh'ing" at replays of near misses just after its happened.

I assumed they just don't show anything contentious to avoid sparking a riot.

scoopyboy
27-02-2020, 11:07 AM
Total waste of money

I think the idea is that it will pay for itself and then make money.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Hearts will get a bigger one, and just broadcast pictures of the castle from various angles.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 11:09 AM

They have nowhere to put one I don’t think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Hearts will get a bigger one, and just broadcast pictures of the castle from various angles.

Hope the camera isn’t situated in the castle view suite

norhfc
27-02-2020, 11:12 AM
I mind in the old East complaining about a cold pie when the boy says, son it’s either cold pies or the big screen lol. Be nice to have both, that’s progress.

scoopyboy
27-02-2020, 11:15 AM

Exactly my thoughts.

Would be funny if the top league insisted you had to have one for VAR decisions to show up on. Should it ever happen obviously.

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Total waste of money

Sorry to disappoint you but its not. It will also be used for advertising and will make money.

27-02-2020, 11:17 AM
I think the idea is that it will pay for itself and then make money.

The post you replied to is just the sort of post that has me switching to default style so I can check the post count. About 100 in 10 years, from a quick glance at some of them, all negative. Conclusion - probable Jambo on the troll fishing for bites.

Bostonhibby

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf they get a carport style roof they could surely fit a decent sized flat screen from Currys into their media "suite".

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Peevemor

I've given this some thought - they could stick it on the underside of the moving bit on the Gorgie people eating stand.

TheGreenMan
27-02-2020, 11:22 AM
If this will generate future profit for us then great but other than that, not really sure it adds much if anything to match day experience really.

Does anyone really want to be sitting watching a screen during the game? Unless you're 6 and bored playing with an ipad or the likes.

Team line ups displayed on it pre match and what else?

Not against it at all as they've obviously done the sums but I personally dont see how this makes going to a game any better.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2020, 11:24 AM
If this will generate future profit for us then great but other than that, not really sure it adds much if anything to match day experience really.

Does anyone really want to be sitting watching a screen during the game? Unless you're 6 and bored playing with an ipad or the likes.

Not against it at all as they've obviously done the sums but I personally dont see how this makes going to a game any better.

Advertising? Half time scores from other games? Highlights from previous games? Famous moments Vs old firm/hearts when we play them? It will be a nice addition.

27-02-2020, 11:24 AM

Beside their big windows that the hospitality folk can watch from. Then everyone can run out into McLeod Steet to check if it was Daz or a gust of wind that knocked Uche over. Or his scintillating ball skills.

https://youtu.be/wTpG56PlUdY

https://youtu.be/wTpG56PlUdY

Carheenlea
27-02-2020, 11:25 AM

The digital video ribbon between their two tiers will be the most state-of-the-art in the country.

Sergio sledge
27-02-2020, 11:27 AM
I've given this some thought - they could stick it on the underside of the moving bit on the Gorgie people eating stand.

In all seriousness, they could get a pretty decent sized screen on their roof support structure that runs along the top of that stand. One at each end of the ground would work pretty well and mean that all fans would be able to see one of them. Probably better than they can see the pitch from some of their seats....

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2020, 11:51 AM

Ibrox currently does that.

California-Hibs
27-02-2020, 12:26 PM
Advertising? Half time scores from other games? Highlights from previous games? Famous moments Vs old firm/hearts when we play them? It will be a nice addition.

Saved me the reply, cheers. It will be a fantastic addition!

Lago
27-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Naw cannae wait

Slo mo action replays of Big Portos tackles Scotty’s through balls Rocky’s spectacular saves and wall to wall HIBS goals
Maybe we could replay N. L s airplane, just for some nostalgia.

Hibeesmad
27-02-2020, 12:39 PM

Reminding Rangers fans of that David Gray moment everytime we play them. Perfect.

Col2
27-02-2020, 12:44 PM
I heard it won’t play any video as such and will be static content.

So plenty of pictures of Hibs players but none of them actually scoring a goal.

It’s also going to have one of those levers/stand that push it out from the base and angle it towards certain bit of the ground. Like some people have at home but a bit bigger.

hfc rd
27-02-2020, 12:47 PM

That would be very nice.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 12:49 PM

It’s also going to have one of those levers/stand that push it out from the base and angle it towards certain bit of the ground. Like some people have at home but a bit bigger.

A video screen with no video? Surely you jest?

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2020, 12:53 PM
Can I be the first to moan about spending money of the screen when we have a disappointing result please?

Greenbeard
27-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Who's got control of the doofer?

hibsbollah
27-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Who's got control of the doofer?

Good question. But it's called a diddler in our house. Or a zap.

You know when you're watching a south American game and the director keeps panning out to pretty girls in the crowd, or random directors up in the box instead of watching the game on the pitch?

Carheenlea
27-02-2020, 01:04 PM
Be great for the Happy Hibbie Half Time Draw - live on big screen, digital clarity sound and fancy disco lighting for a bit of fanfare.

Probably still won’t be enough to stop the weekly “anyone catch the numbers?” thread.

The 90+2
27-02-2020, 01:05 PM

Let’s hope it’s far away enough for the huns or hearts not to vandalise it when they come to town.

Greenbeard
27-02-2020, 01:20 PM

You know when you're watching a south American game and the director keeps panning out to pretty girls in the crowd, or random directors up in the box instead of watching the game on the pitch?
Well my old telly, which is about 2 feet thick front to back, still goes "doof" when it comes on with the remote, hence we still call it the "doofer".
Might try it at ER next season to see if I can switch to get the 3.15 from Donny.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2020, 01:38 PM

They do at Ibrox.

AgentDaleCooper
27-02-2020, 01:49 PM

that's where i would hope, as if we were to fill in corners at some point in the future, it would make sense for it to be the south/west and north/east corners, as these have the most space owned by hibs behind them as far as i know?

Squealing pig
27-02-2020, 01:53 PM
If it goes between east and south how long before it gets damaged ?

MyJo
27-02-2020, 02:05 PM

Revenue generating advertisements
Match highlights
Iconic moments from Hibs history
birthday messages and announcements (offer a package where you can pay a fee and have a couple of players record the message and it’s played in the stadium at half-time)
Interaction with fans, have them tweet or text messages during the game that could be displayed on it.
competitions or entertainment with the fans, kiss-cams or putting the cameras on kids in the stands and offer a prize for the best dancer.
Videos of our mascot doing daft, entertaining stuff or pulling pranks like you see with NBA and NFL mascots.
Team line ups and substitutions with pictures or GIFS of the players involved in which dafties like Boyle will be doing something funny
Song lyrics

Just off the top of my head

Ryan91
27-02-2020, 02:05 PM
If it goes between east and south how long before it gets damaged ?

If it does get damaged, cut away fans allocation to move them away from the screen and bill then for it

KingPat4
27-02-2020, 02:11 PM
If Ron wanted to divert our attention from the important things about his vision for the club, then he's played a blinder.

A big screen?

Jaysus.

Caversham Green
27-02-2020, 02:15 PM
If Ron wanted to divert our attention from the important things about his vision for the club, then he's played a blinder.

A big screen?

Jaysus.

Aye, cos he never spoke about anything else at all.

Jaysus indeed.

bod
27-02-2020, 02:16 PM
1 screen which IMO is all we need.

Because I sit in the West :greengrin

You’ll no be there once the ss say that’s the best place for atmosphere :greengrin

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 02:27 PM

A big screen?

Jaysus.

It’s about attracting new fans to the club. Ron probably realises that we have exhausted the grumpy old men market in that respect.

hibsquaker
27-02-2020, 03:05 PM
If the screen is not showing replays of contentious decisions from the current match or action replays of goals just scored then it is utterly pointless. All other things people have suggested it could show are all available on your handheld smart phone. Advertising you say. If it brings money in that will make it pay for itself then fair enough. Otherwise it offers no real justifiable value.

Mikey
27-02-2020, 03:10 PM
If the screen is not showing replays of contentious decisions from the current match or action replays of goals just scored then it is utterly pointless. All other things people have suggested it could show are all available on your handheld smart phone. Advertising you say. If it brings money in that will make it pay for itself then fair enough. Otherwise it offers no real justifiable value.

It's not about paying for itself, it's about paying for itself and paying for players.

The Modfather
27-02-2020, 03:12 PM

I hope so, can actually watch what’s going on in the last 10 minutes when everyone is standing on the stairs watching the game.

Hibby70
27-02-2020, 03:12 PM
When I was at Madison Square Garden they had a camera that would pick out prize winners and they'd see themselves on the screen and go mental.

Be good for the kids, my dad would be less pleased!

wallpaperman
27-02-2020, 03:30 PM
I’ve been to a lot of baseball games in the States, the big screens can be great, particularly in baseball where there are lots of breaks in play.

However, i’m quite surprised that not so long ago many people got bent out of shape at the thought of spending £1 million on a full size indoor pitch at East Mains, yet this seems to have great support.

I get that it might generate some additional advertising revenues, but even so.....

Kato
27-02-2020, 03:32 PM
If the screen is not showing replays of contentious decisions from the current match or action replays of goals just scored then it is utterly pointless. All other things people have suggested it could show are all available on your handheld smart phone. Advertising you say. If it brings money in that will make it pay for itself then fair enough. Otherwise it offers no real justifiable value.How much will the screen cost? What's the operating outlay?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Kojock
27-02-2020, 03:36 PM
How much will the screen cost? What's the operating outlay?

I have absolutely no idea but I think Ron would’ve done a feasibility study and know exactly how much it is costing.

The 90+2
27-02-2020, 03:40 PM
Happy Birthday messages with pics for the kids @ £30/40 a pop £10k + a season easily and that’s just basic standard ****.

Hibbyradge
27-02-2020, 03:40 PM
Would rather go back to the cave, pre seating. Bring back the slope and Turnbull's Tornadoes.

Glad I'm an auld git, don't want to watch inside a giant pinball machine.

Most of the state of the art English stadia, screens, beer, et al, are soulless bunkers with less atmosphere than the moon.

However, I do get that I'll be in a minority and probably rightly so.

I wouldn't have given the away fans those bloody waterproof ponchos either.

Adding a screen and the digital ribbons may not be your first choice, but they aren't going to detract from the current atmosphere.

If you're happy with it now, you'll be at least as happy next season.

Hibbyradge
27-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Exactly my thoughts.

Would be funny if the top league insisted you had to have one for VAR decisions to show up on. Should it ever happen obviously.

Man United use VAR obviously, but they don't have a big screen.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Are some folks forgetting this is a businessman and a US businessman at the that? He’s not come in all gung-ho.

He might even know a thing or two about the power of moving image but if not (!) he’s got US counterparts who are successful in the game.

Who knows the combo of the big screen and smart phones might be a powerful one... man of the match? make it interactive. Hook people on to the screen and give then competition/promo codes vouchers into their Apple wallet to use at partners sites/stores.

Bristolhibby
27-02-2020, 03:55 PM

Clicker or remote in ours.

J

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 03:56 PM
How much does Vue at Omni/Ocean terminal (Porta!) charge for force people to sit through their adds? And how many punters do they reach?

WoreTheGreen
27-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Clicker or remote in ours.

J

Big finger in mine

lyonhibs
27-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Revenue generating advertisements
Match highlights
Iconic moments from Hibs history
birthday messages and announcements (offer a package where you can pay a fee and have a couple of players record the message and it’s played in the stadium at half-time)
Interaction with fans, have them tweet or text messages during the game that could be displayed on it.
competitions or entertainment with the fans, kiss-cams or putting the cameras on kids in the stands and offer a prize for the best dancer.
Videos of our mascot doing daft, entertaining stuff or pulling pranks like you see with NBA and NFL mascots.
Team line ups and substitutions with pictures or GIFS of the players involved in which dafties like Boyle will be doing something funny
Song lyrics

Just off the top of my head

I'm decidedly pro Ron Gordon and his investment plans and I'm sure his vision for the club and ER on match days is keeping in line with the fact that we're a Scottish football club of some 145 years standing not an entertainment franchise born the day before yesterday.

From "kiss cams" onwards in the quoted post would be far too far down the "americanisation" route for my liking :agree:

KingPat4
27-02-2020, 04:01 PM
It’s about attracting new fans to the club. Ron probably realises that we have exhausted the grumpy old men market in that respect.

I can't deny it. Ive turned into Grumpy Gibby the North Stand Hibby.

Gie the baw tae Reilly!

Renfrew_Hibby
27-02-2020, 04:06 PM
Man United use VAR obviously, but they don't have a big screen.

No but they do have high quality smaller digital scoreboards in each corner of the ground which relay any VAR outcomes.

This would be mandatory in the Premiership.

HFC93
27-02-2020, 04:06 PM

A big screen?

Jaysus.

To be fair, he covered loads last night. A lot of it with substance. Folk are just having a bit of fun the big screen stuff.

Sudds_1
27-02-2020, 04:11 PM
Its a matter of regret that this 'big screen' is going to render redundant all those fascinating 'Fill In The Corners FFS Petrie!' threads on here. For shame.

Unless we have 4 big screens😇

MyJo
27-02-2020, 04:12 PM
I'm decidedly pro Ron Gordon and his investment plans and I'm sure his vision for the club and ER on match days is keeping in line with the fact that we're a Scottish football club of some 145 years standing not an entertainment franchise born the day before yesterday.

From "kiss cams" onwards in the quoted post would be far too far down the "americanisation" route for my liking :agree:

Some of the baseball teams in America are over 100 years old and generating more money than our entire league, old-firm included. That sort of stuff is good enough for them.

We're also trying to attract younger people to the club and they see all that kind of stuff on social media and the telly so incorporating that into the matchday experience might be the difference in getting them to Easter Road rather than sitting at home watching teams from other countries on the telly.

Or maybe we should just tell them to go to the cinema if they want to be entertained......that's worked well for us in the past :greengrin

Hibby70
27-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Just think when we play The Rangers we can zoom in on "neanderthal of the week".

hfc rd
27-02-2020, 04:16 PM
I presume you won’t be able to see the screen if you bought a ticket in upper East Section 45?

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2020, 04:16 PM
It has to be situated between the east and south, coz if you put it between the FF and East only the west will have a good view of it. It seems wherever it goes the east is gonna be the stand that suffers and whatever happens the west will be in prime position, for obvious reasons though.

The best place for it would be slung under the roof of the south right at the front, or perhaps on top of it :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
27-02-2020, 04:20 PM
Slap bang behind the goals in the South sounds like the right place to me. Hang it from the roof and give the uglies a good old expensive restricted view of the wiring.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 04:40 PM
I sit in the east and I can see the wall that the screen will presumably go on no bother so I imagine it will only be parts of the east that can’t see it.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2020, 05:01 PM
I sit in the east and I can see the wall that the screen will presumably go on no bother so I imagine it will only be parts of the east that can’t see it.

Why not put it in the South, then everyone can see it?

bod
27-02-2020, 05:05 PM

So it’s no a tv screen just a big picture frame ?

Greentinted
27-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Used to love reading the HIBS line up in the reserve league:

Newman Trialist and Newman A N Other Trialist and Newman Davidson Junior Blair Trialist and Newman

I often used to think ‘what if some trialist’s name actually was Newman?’

Hibee Mac
27-02-2020, 05:12 PM
It's going in the corner at an angle, everyone will see it. There will be better and worse places to see it, but you will see it.

It also has to go in the corner of East and South no question, therefore giving the "best" views to all home stands. Would be stupid to put it next to the FF and give the 20 Ross county away fans prime viewing.

I'm all for us modernising the stadium, looking forward to it.

SquashedFrogg
27-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Between East and South I believe.

Baws. I might need to move now for a better view. Fancy the FFL all of a sudden 😀

Since452
27-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Baws. I might need to move now for a better view. Fancy the FFL all of a sudden 😀

Complaint in

SquashedFrogg
27-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Complaint in

Haha

Although the East stand gets the remote control 👌😀

atomant
27-02-2020, 05:36 PM
With the imminent "Americanisation" of the club, I'm looking forward to the barbecues in the car park..

atomant
27-02-2020, 05:39 PM
And cheerleaders!!!!

27-02-2020, 05:50 PM
So it’s no a tv screen just a big picture frame ?

Hope it's got an SD card slot so I can watch my photos on slideshow.

Peevemor
27-02-2020, 05:52 PM
Hope it's got an SD card slot so I can watch my photos on slideshow.And a USB connection. I've got some films and a couple of seasons of House MD on a portable hard drive.

Hibbyradge
27-02-2020, 05:56 PM
No but they do have high quality smaller digital scoreboards in each corner of the ground which relay any VAR outcomes.

This would be mandatory in the Premiership.

True

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 06:05 PM

Wonder what happened to the guy at ER who’s girlfriend proposed to him - the announcer asked on her behalf but Kenny or Rab / whoever failed to respond so we never got to see how that panned out (badly probably)

Seveno
27-02-2020, 06:19 PM
Will you be able to see the screen from the Skyview Restaurant at Tiny or will the Castle be in the way?

Skol
27-02-2020, 06:51 PM
what benefit does a big screen bring ?

I go to watch the game in person.

sorryfolks
27-02-2020, 06:54 PM

The big screen is not to watch the game. I’ve seen so many people say this. The big screen is there for revenue generation through advertising, to promote Hibs and Hibs products to the thousands that are in attendance at games, and to appeal to the younger generation that they might get shown on the big screen at the game thus deepening their connection with the club. It’s a money maker pure and simple.

jacomo
27-02-2020, 06:55 PM

Sponsors and commercial partners like them.

And young people.

All consistent with driving up attendance and revenue, as per the plan.

hibbyfraelibby
27-02-2020, 07:06 PM

Just imagine its a wet Tuesday, we're 3 nil down at half time to Hamilton and you want to go home but realise you can wath rhe 2nd part of Corrie on the big screen to cheer you up. Meanwhile on the pitch Doiger hits a double hatrick and you missed all the goals because Sally and Gail were having a barney...

Hibbyradge
27-02-2020, 07:07 PM
Sponsors and commercial partners like them.

And young people.

All consistent with driving up attendance and revenue, as per the plan.

Plus, if Christiano Ronaldo ever plays at Easter Road, he'll be able to check to see if the cameras are focused on his best side.

Same probably applies to Kamberi.

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2020, 07:13 PM

It helps to remind you that you’re at the game, when you see yourself on it you can jump up and down and tell folk next to you that you’re on the screen.

tamig
27-02-2020, 07:50 PM
And Ron being the successful businessman that he is has no doubt reached the same conclusion. No justifiable value but - what the heck - I’ll give them a big screen anyway.

Keith_M
27-02-2020, 07:54 PM
It helps to remind you that you’re at the game, when you see yourself on it you can jump up and down and tell folk next to you that you’re on the screen.

Exciting stuff

:top marks

Caversham Green
28-02-2020, 08:33 AM

If you look at the picture I posted in post#34, the big V on the right hand side is an advert for something called Volume. I still have no idea what they were selling but that image will have brought in a few thousand quid to the club.

The main picture shows the score between 'Ryan's Royals' and Blackburn. Ryan was a terminally ill youngster whose short life was made much happier though the club's engagement with him - a very worthy cause IMO and I'm sure he was absolutely thrilled to see that image.

Both sections change throughout the match with ads on the right and a delayed stream of the match on the left interspersed with birthday messages, some more ads and replays of major incidents. If something happens on the field that I didn't quite see or understand (increasingly likely at my age) I automatically look at the screen to see if a second viewing helps.

In short the screen brings in a lot of money for the club and enhances my matchday experience, it's just a shame that the fitba' on show isn't doing either right now (look at the 'crowd').

PatHead
28-02-2020, 09:25 AM
All in favour of the big screen but in the winter /spring the sun often shines right into the East. Hope it doesn't spoil the image.

norhfc
28-02-2020, 09:31 AM
The modern big screens can handle sun directly on it. I watched a few games of the last World Cup on one and it was pretty amazing in the sun.

PatHead
28-02-2020, 09:36 AM
The modern big screens can handle sun directly on it. I watched a few games of the last World Cup on one and it was pretty amazing in the sun.

Great. I would have hated to have the screen without being able to see it!

RoYO!
28-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Any pictures of the proposal?!

04Sauzee
29-02-2020, 06:41 PM
This is how St Mirren make some money from their big screen

https://www.stmirren.com/commercial/advertising/jumbo-screen-advertising

ShottsBranch
01-09-2020, 10:39 PM
Is the screen installation still going to happen?

Viva_Palmeiras
02-09-2020, 04:54 AM
No - money being diverted to build a plaza style areas for social distanced clapping sessions with options for triple cooked chips :)

Does it still make sense in the current climate? Possibly not until it’s clear what the deal will be with return to Stadium capacity.

Although is were ever going to do it perhaps now is a chance to do so at a knock-down price? But likely money best spent elsewhere.

where'stheslope
02-09-2020, 06:26 PM
If I remember rightly, they used to show the goals after their games at Tynecastle on the screens in the concourse!
It caused no end of bother with people stopping to watch while others wanted out!!!

Bishop Hibee
02-09-2020, 06:29 PM
Games to be projected onto Salisbury Crags so fans can watch socially distanced in Holyrood Park.

AliboyFC
04-03-2021, 06:29 PM
Is there any updates on this big screen ? :confused:

greenpaper55
04-03-2021, 09:31 PM
Anyone remember when Kenny Waugh introduced the half time scores via a code but you had to buy a programme to have the code ? i think it lasted about thirty seconds before the outcry was so great it was abandoned.

BILLYHIBS
04-03-2021, 09:39 PM
Anyone remember the old guy that used to walk around the pitch with the blackboard at half-time with the ‘Lucky Programme Number’ on it ?

IIRC everyone used to throw the remains of their inedible pies at it :greengrin

brianmc
04-03-2021, 09:43 PM

Aye, there's been a bit of a bug going about. It's slowing down most Clubs plans - ask Professor Doctor Sir Ann if you don't believe me.

Kato
04-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Anyone remember when Kenny Waugh introduced the half time scores via a code but you had to buy a programme to have the code ? i think it lasted about thirty seconds before the outcry was so great it was abandoned.

Prolonged, pointed dissatisfaction that just went on and on into the start of the second half. I used to stand in the North enclosure then and Waugh was beetroot. Pretty funny really and justified.

Iggy Pope
04-03-2021, 10:40 PM
Golden Goal tickets. Imagine the rage now, 45+2 90+6. Throw a pie at that.

CentreLine
05-03-2021, 07:30 AM
Anyone remember the old guy that used to walk around the pitch with the blackboard at half-time with the ‘Lucky Programme Number’ on it ?

IIRC everyone used to throw the remains of their inedible pies at it :greengrin

Can’t remember pies being thrown at club staff ever. My recollection is, close to the front, we were mostly concerned about catching the attention of the boys, trackside, to buy our spearmint gum, crisps or Mars bar.

BILLYHIBS
05-03-2021, 09:21 AM
Can’t remember pies being thrown at club staff ever. My recollection is, close to the front, we were mostly concerned about catching the attention of the boys, trackside, to buy our spearmint gum, crisps or Mars bar.
Defo one of my early memories and more than likely coming from the opposition fans as the poor man had to walk all the way around the ash perimeter of the pitch

For the record I never threw a pie at anyone.......Well maybes John McDonald :greengrin

Jonnyboy
05-03-2021, 09:25 AM
Defo one of my early memories and more than likely coming from the opposition fans as the poor man had to walk all the way around the ash perimeter of the pitch

For the record I never threw a pie at anyone.......Well maybes John McDonald :greengrin

Hope you aimed low, Billy as that wee rodent was usually on the ground 😂

Keith_M
05-03-2021, 09:37 AM
Hope you aimed low, Billy as that wee rodent was usually on the ground 😂

Not that we hold grudges for 40+ years...

:wink:

Kato
05-03-2021, 09:39 AM

For the record I never threw a pie at anyone.......Well maybes John McDonald :greengrinThe one that hit John Greig was expertly aimed.

MyJo
05-03-2021, 01:01 PM

When it's built there probably will be updates, some adverts, and maybe even a highlight or two on it as well.

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2021, 06:38 PM
The one that hit John Greig was expertly aimed.

It was 2. :wink:

Kato
05-03-2021, 06:53 PM
It was 2. :wink:

I know who threw one of them.

greenginger
05-03-2021, 07:22 PM

Anyone remember an old guy who walked about on the terracing selling “ ra toffee apples “.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2021, 07:25 PM
Anyone remember an old guy who walked about on the terracing selling “ ra toffee apples “.

Things like this when we get back in, will drive sales, don’t knock it😀

The old ideas are the best ideas

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 07:33 PM

Ra toffee apples will go down a bomb at Parkhead if any entrepreneurs are listening.

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2021, 07:34 PM
I know who threw one of them.

I know who threw both. :wink:

AliboyFC
07-06-2021, 09:51 PM
I know this thread is dead now but I wonder if fans get back into ER this year will the big screen be installed?

Viva_Palmeiras
08-06-2021, 04:51 PM
Yes - well be wheeling the big Euros screens in Glasgow Green along the M8...

One Day Soon
08-06-2021, 05:06 PM
I know who threw both. :wink:

I can remember when a Sinclair C5 was driven slowly round the perimeter of the pitch at one home game only to be severely pied as it neared the tunnel. Quality marksmanship.

Why the hell someone thought it a good sales idea to bring a C5 to Easter Road I have no idea unless there was Peruvian marching powder involved.

Bostonhibby
08-06-2021, 05:16 PM
I can remember when a Sinclair C5 was driven slowly round the perimeter of the pitch at one home game only to be severely pied as it neared the tunnel. Quality marksmanship.

Why the hell someone thought it a good sales idea to bring a C5 to Easter Road I have no idea unless there was Peruvian marching powder involved.Ah, the Sinclair C5, the Craig Levein of it's day, so much promise and it turned out to be a very expensive clowns tricycle.

Kato
08-06-2021, 05:49 PM
Yes - well be wheeling the big Euros screens in Glasgow Green along the M8...

#exuberance

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-06-2021, 06:35 PM
Ah, the Sinclair C5, the Craig Levein of it's day, so much promise and it turned out to be a very expensive clowns tricycle.

:greengrin

Iain G
08-06-2021, 09:25 PM
Ah, the Sinclair C5, the Craig Levein of it's day, so much promise and it turned out to be a very expensive clowns tricycle.

Weirdly there was a guy cycling/driving one in St Andrews Square the other day 🤷

Bostonhibby
08-06-2021, 09:36 PM
Weirdly there was a guy cycling/driving one in St Andrews Square the other day [emoji1745]Brave man, whichever it was, neither the C5 or the MK1 Levein strike me as particularly roadworthy or reliable[emoji6]

heretoday
09-06-2021, 06:27 AM

Why the hell someone thought it a good sales idea to bring a C5 to Easter Road I have no idea unless there was Peruvian marching powder involved.

A dark day for millionaire computer genius Clive Sinclair. The Hibs support were never appreciative of innovation. Reaction to the half-time majorette displays was similar. Grown men shouting lascivious remarks at young schoolgirls. Oh yes!

Iain G
09-06-2021, 07:09 AM
Brave man, whichever it was, neither the C5 or the MK1 Levein strike me as particularly roadworthy or reliable[emoji6]

Yeah looked tired and worn out, as if Mrs Dr Budge had taken it for a ride 😉

Bostonhibby
09-06-2021, 07:32 AM
Yeah looked tired and worn out, as if Mrs Dr Budge had taken it for a ride [emoji6][emoji23][emoji23] all 400,000 of them have been taken for a ride

Dan Sarf
09-06-2021, 08:29 AM

Ra toffee aipples, surely?