PDA

View Full Version : Do you think a relegated hearts would come back better??

norphy
26-02-2020, 11:42 PM
New poster here,but do you think the ****bos would be able to do what Jurgen Doon wants after a year in the championship with cheap but young players,the only ones I think they could attract..

Sent from my motorola one macro using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
26-02-2020, 11:43 PM
Better than what, new poster?

norphy
26-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Better than the eye bleeding mince that they have become. I'm just wondering if they go down, they'll cut the wage bill easily by getting shot of most of the guff,Jurgen can pick his players,and god forbid,it actually works for them. It's a nightmare scenario but ,like a zombie apocalypse,it could happen.....

norphy
26-02-2020, 11:52 PM
Or they just go pop when they run out of cash...

Hibbyradge
26-02-2020, 11:53 PM
Sorry, new poster, I don't know.

What are your thoughts?

Stuart93
26-02-2020, 11:54 PM
Who gives a **** really

They’re incredibly ***** just now. Let’s just enjoy that.

The 90+2
26-02-2020, 11:56 PM
They have a squad full of absolute rank who nobody is going to want to take if they go down. They got lucky with a clean slate last time and had good youngsters. Now they have a pish, pish squad and young Maldini who wants to go back to Celtic.

jacomo
26-02-2020, 11:58 PM
Better than the eye bleeding mince that they have become. I'm just wondering if they go down, they'll cut the wage bill easily by getting shot of most of the guff,Jurgen can pick his players,and god forbid,it actually works for them. It's a nightmare scenario but ,like a zombie apocalypse,it could happen.....

If Stendel could put together a young squad who totally buy into his methods, with a season against mediocre opposition to help them, then yes, they might be a better team than they are now.

They should probably extend his contract now.

TimeForHeroes16
27-02-2020, 12:00 AM
I hope they suffer and linger down there for multiple years while our Peruvian king notches us up a gear. Seeing them go down and stay for a good couple years while we progress on as a club.

By the time they came back up we’d be light years ahead of them and constantly brutally punish them every derby while they run around trying to make ends meet.

The 90+2
27-02-2020, 12:01 AM
If Stendel could put together a young squad who totally buy into his methods, with a season against mediocre opposition to help them, then yes, they might be a better team than they are now.

They should probably extend his contract now.

Shhshhh, make sure none of them hear this :greengrin

McSwanky
27-02-2020, 12:03 AM
Couldn't be much worse, could they?

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

tamig
27-02-2020, 12:17 AM
New poster here,but do you think the ****bos would be able to do what Jurgen Doon wants after a year in the championship with cheap but young players,the only ones I think they could attract..

With the same person at the top of that club I can’t see them changing their ways. Why would you expect them to go for cheap recruits? Its just not their way.

matty_f
27-02-2020, 12:23 AM
I think they'll remain pish for years and years.

jgl07
27-02-2020, 12:26 AM
Hearts came back much stronger after their last relegation.

Hibs certainly came back much improved after relegation in the 1990s.

Relegation can energise the fanbase although Hearts may struggle to do this for a second time in a comparatively short period.

Hibs certainly struggled financially after three seasons in the Championship. Dundee United will face a similar problem in future.

I think that relegation for Hearts will be very bad for them this season (if it happens?). They would face few obstacles to coming back. By contrast, Hibs had to overcome Hearts and Rangers, Rangers and Dundee United in their three season down there.

Centre Hawf
27-02-2020, 01:15 AM
Relegation was probably the best thing to happen to us. Even staying the second season wasn't the disaster we all thought it would be when it first happened. The third was overkill but the Scottish Cup helped keep spirits up and winning the Championship so soon after winning the cup gave us a bit momentum that we hadn't really seen for a number of years.

That being said I think we were lucky in that when our relegation happened we lost a whole host of players that weren't a fit for the club at all, and we had the chance to rebuild an entire squad from scratch with the right characters and a philosophy of younger Scottish players looking to establish or reestablish themselves again. Even Hearts spent a season bedding in their younger players to the point that when it came to the championship a whole host of them were probably near enough the standard to play in the Premiership already and they just needed a few experienced and decent additions to help them see the job of winning the championship which they did.

Hearts are not in either of those situations if they find themselves relegated. They have very few young players looking able to step up straight away into the squad like last time, and those that are are most likely going to be looked at by other clubs to get a potential gem for a small fee (Hickey, Souttar). They have older players on bloated contracts (Naismith, Berra), many of them are finished or nearing finished by the week, and many of the poorer category of players, the types we were lucky to get rid of hassle free, have actually got a couple of years still to run so getting rid is not going to be easy and will impact their ability to rebuild the squad.

Hearts could come back better, but it won't be anywhere near as easy or similar to what they did the last time whereby the entire Championship is a cake walk and they're ready to go challenge for Europe as soon as they're back. It's very possible if someone like Dundee or Inverness don't go up they could find themselves scrapping it out and missing out for a year, maybe two if it goes really badly.

Fingers crossed we at least get to see how they cope. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2020, 01:31 AM
The current incarnation of Hertz isn't far off what we were in the seasons just prior to relegation, they appear to be sleepwalking towards the inevitable and just like us they reached a cup final which gave a false impression of a club perhaps heading towards improvement, when in fact they weren't ... They look like they could be heading for our now infamous just one win required which never comes scenario.

Having said that I do not think Hertz will be automatically relegated and history is on their side when it comes to the play off, where everything is weighted in the balance towards the premiership side ... it's no surprise that in all the time the play off has been in operation only one championship side has ever triumphed, and even then it took Hibs to throw away a 2 goal first leg advantage in front of 18,000 of our own fans for them to do it.

Hibs came back to the premiership on the back of one of the biggest days in our history and 13,000 ST holders plus an increased number of walk ups swelling our coffers ... not to mention a collection of players easily of premiership standard. Hearts would have to be extremely lucky to put together a team in the championship anywhere near as good as the one Hibs came up with and the jury is well and truly out as to how well their current financial model would cope with non premiership revenues. At some point the 'mystery benefactors' stopping their accounts making alarming reading time after time even as a premiership club wont be willing to keep putting in and where will that leave them?

Maybe Hearts would come back better than they are just now, lets face it, it's a pretty low bar. But would that 'better' be good enough to edge out Hibs, Aberdeen or currently Motherwell ... I highly doubt it.

If they were to go down I can't see it ending up as a 'best thing that could have happened to us' situation.

Mixu62
27-02-2020, 02:11 AM
If they go down, can they afford to keep Jerry Butcher at the helm? Money is going to be extremely tight and it's been mentioned that he's on a pretty good wicket there.

JohnM1875
27-02-2020, 02:22 AM
Who gives a flying F if they come back better? Or at all for that matter

HoboHarry
27-02-2020, 04:32 AM
Who gives a flying F if they come back better? Or at all for that matter
With you on this one. Don't care if they go down or if/when they come back up. Or even exist for that matter.

Since452
27-02-2020, 06:32 AM
The couldn't come back any worse anyway

FilipinoHibs
27-02-2020, 06:36 AM
With the DDs and the mystery money disappearing and the need to cut back the squad, they could be in the championship for a few years. They need a clean out at the management of the football club to reinvent themselves. Can't see that happening. Back to the poor Hearts of the 70s and early eighties.

hibbydog
27-02-2020, 06:38 AM
I don’t know but I’d love to find out 😎

lord bunberry
27-02-2020, 07:12 AM
The current incarnation of Hertz isn't far off what we were in the seasons just prior to relegation, they appear to be sleepwalking towards the inevitable and just like us they reached a cup final which gave a false impression of a club perhaps heading towards improvement, when in fact they weren't ... They look like they could be heading for our now infamous just one win required which never comes scenario.

Having said that I do not think Hertz will be automatically relegated and history is on their side when it comes to the play off, where everything is weighted in the balance towards the premiership side ... it's no surprise that in all the time the play off has been in operation only one championship side has ever triumphed, and even then it took Hibs to throw away a 2 goal first leg advantage in front of 18,000 of our own fans for them to do it.

Hibs came back to the premiership on the back of one of the biggest days in our history and 13,000 ST holders plus an increased number of walk ups swelling our coffers ... not to mention a collection of players easily of premiership standard. Hearts would have to be extremely lucky to put together a team in the championship anywhere near as good as the one Hibs came up with and the jury is well and truly out as to how well their current financial model would cope with non premiership revenues. At some point the 'mystery benefactors' stopping their accounts making alarming reading time after time even as a premiership club wont be willing to keep putting in and where will that leave them?

Maybe Hearts would come back better than they are just now, lets face it, it's a pretty low bar. But would that 'better' be good enough to edge out Hibs, Aberdeen or currently Motherwell ... I highly doubt it.

If they were to go down I can't see it ending up as a 'best thing that could have happened to us' situation.
Livingston also came up through the playoffs, I think it was Partick that they beat.

Carheenlea
27-02-2020, 07:18 AM
I hope a relegated Hearts would only have one season in the Championship. Ideally by dropping down to League 1.

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2020, 07:20 AM
Don’t give a f#@k tbh!

southern hibby
27-02-2020, 07:24 AM
I think it all depends on who is there manager in the championship. If they got shot of Jurgen Doon and brought in someone ( like who brought them up the last time ) who knows what is needed in the championship and what is needed when they get back up, they could be.

Again they would have to fund this venture ( business’ should ask for cash up front ) which could be a hard ask as they will lose a lot of revenue from games against the uglies, Aberdeen and us. Then add into the mix the money from premiership placings in league and to an extent tv deal too. So their benefactor will play a big part in this too.

Not sure they will come up stronger but I just want them to go down and God willing down again.

GGTTH

Barney McGrew
27-02-2020, 07:25 AM

I’d be interested to know how you think they’d be able to easily cut the wage bill, given that much of the guff are all on pretty lucrative long term contracts?

That almost sounds like you’ve been listening to the propaganda on Sickboak a bit too much.

Sir David Gray
27-02-2020, 07:30 AM

We're not the only team to be relegated through the play offs. Partick Thistle were relegated by Livingston two years ago.

jacomo
27-02-2020, 07:46 AM
If they go down, can they afford to keep Jerry Butcher at the helm? Money is going to be extremely tight and it's been mentioned that he's on a pretty good wicket there.

As I said above, they should extend his contract and probably give him a pay rise.

The Gorgie press WILL work... it just needs to find its level.

I suppose the Jambos might be right after all: they are at a different level to Hibs.

:wink:

green with envy
27-02-2020, 08:31 AM

Just out of interest, why as a new poster you're asking opinions on that shower, quite a bizarre post?

FWIW, I honestly couldn't give one regarding them.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2020, 08:33 AM
I’m willing to take the chance.:aok:

Bostonhibby
27-02-2020, 08:41 AM
Don't know about better but I'm wondering if they could be even funnier next time around?

Just when they achieve a new level of hilarity for the rest of us they always seem to manage to set a new standard.

Post relegation it would be nice to see them continuing to be run by Mrs. Doctor Budge and desperate Dan along with a committee of flumps with Levein still skulking about in the background whispering about how it should be done.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

CraigHibee
27-02-2020, 08:48 AM
Just out of interest, why as a new poster you're asking opinions on that shower, quite a bizarre post?

FWIW, I honestly couldn't give one regarding them.

a new poster registered in 2007 with a staggering 4 posts..

Onceinawhile
27-02-2020, 09:18 AM

Why will they cut the wage bill easily? Superstars like Damour are on 4 year deals, with 3 or so left to run.

Players like Souttar, Smith, Boyce and Naismith won't be wanting to stick around either I can't imagine. They'll lose their best players and be stuck with the guff they can't shift.

Steve20
27-02-2020, 09:25 AM
I still don't think there's much chance they'll finish below Hamilton to be honest, but IF they did go down, it would be a disaster for them. There's this myth that we were better for going down and it's clouded by winning the Scottish Cup. Winning the cup was the best day in my footballing life, but it doesn't change the fact that we failed twice to get out the league and if we hadn't won the cup, crowds would have been much much lower the next season.

The Championship isn't the fun adventure it was in 98/99. It's a hard slog and we had some nightmare results in that league over the three seasons down there.

JeMeSouviens
27-02-2020, 11:36 AM
It's not whether they're relegated or not that will make the difference. If they sack Oor Danny and replace him with someone with a clue they'll be better whatever league they're in. If they don't, they won't.

Relegation will knock a big hole in their finances and be very, very funny so I'm all in favour. :wink:

hibbyfraelibby
27-02-2020, 12:21 PM
TBH that's their problem to address not ours to speculate about. However in the context of the OP's original question it is an irrelevance as they may not even come back up again😉

Oscar T Grouch
27-02-2020, 12:26 PM
Nah hertz are dug ****** and hertz will be dug ****** when they’re relegated. They will be dug ****** when they’re in the championship.

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2020, 01:01 PM
Livingston also came up through the playoffs, I think it was Partick that they beat.

I stand corrected Lord B.

One Day Soon
27-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Following that spectacular statement of intent from Ron and our club who gives a flying ****** about looking deep into the rear view mirror to try to make out what the Rover drivers do next as they recede into the distance?

JeMeSouviens
27-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Following that spectacular statement of intent from Ron and our club who gives a flying ****** about looking deep into the rear view mirror to try to make out what the Rover drivers do next as they recede into the distance?

If you did, you would be able to see gleaming white knuckles gripping the wheel for dear life. Even through the string backed gloves. :wink:

Dolce7
27-02-2020, 01:57 PM
If hearts go down they will struggle financially and be lucky to have 9000 at most home games

rotherhamrob
27-02-2020, 03:03 PM
Och I think I'd risk it.

Greenbeard
27-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Bound to be better than they are at the moment when they come back up in 2031. Not hard. But will SPL let them play in the top flight at The Orium?

"Flats, flats, glorious flats. It's down at Tynecastle they build......."

bod
27-02-2020, 06:02 PM

Who cares really

Jamesie
27-02-2020, 06:06 PM
Hibs certainly came back much improved after relegation in the 1990s.

With the benefit of hindsight that was a high risk, high cost strategy that ultimately didn't cause us financial harm simply due to the fact we then had the Golden Generation to sell on for significant transfer fees. Without that crop we could have been in the financial doo-doo given we effectively spent our way out of Division 1.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2020, 06:10 PM
their will be at least three edin derbies again next season

if we want the budget for better players we need the home games that will help us achieve that

Rumble de Thump
27-02-2020, 06:11 PM
Hearts have always had the 'fur coat, nae knickers' mentality. They will chuck loads of money at a couple of decrepit players who used to play at a decent level 5-10 years ago and tell us that their youth players are superstars. They will pretend they are the 'big' club and they will remain a pishy laughing stock.

Smartie
27-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Relegation would be a disaster for them.

What might work out quite well for them would be if they have a proper relegation battle all this season, possibly needing a playoff and escaping by a bawhair.

They’d be able to regroup, keep hold of the STs, DDs and donations and have a decent budget to improve next season.

jacomo
27-02-2020, 06:23 PM
their will be at least three edin derbies again next season

if we want the budget for better players we need the home games that will help us achieve that

Nah, we need to become the undisputed top dog in Edinburgh.

Hearts can do one.

Aldo
27-02-2020, 06:24 PM
The money or should I say the anonymous benefactors donations cannot last forever.

I want them to suffer and suffer for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
27-02-2020, 06:25 PM
The money or should I say the anonymous benefactors donations cannot last forever.

I want them to suffer and suffer for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karma will haunt that shower for a very long time

Sammy7nil
27-02-2020, 06:37 PM
I’m willing to take the chance.:aok:

Me too :greengrin

chrisski33
27-02-2020, 07:02 PM
No i want them to be relegated and never grace the spl in any form ever again

Jack Hackett
27-02-2020, 07:29 PM
Every day sees them closer to the drop