PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: 2020 AGM | STRATEGIC PLAN

RSS Bot
26-02-2020, 08:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10568)

Mon Dieu4
26-02-2020, 08:15 PM
He comes across very well, ambitious but grounded, I'm more than happy with all of that

Peevemor
26-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Excellent interview.

People can't accuse RG/the club of not listening.

Ron's ambition is infectious.

Bring it on!

Hiber-nation
26-02-2020, 08:24 PM
It's been a long wait since 2 July but well worth it. The man means business!

Vault Boy
26-02-2020, 08:25 PM
A great interview. Really excited by his plans, let's now try to unify as a fanbase and support the club vigorously. Ambition is so clearly there.

madhatter
26-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Be interesting seeing how we get an extra 4K ST holders over the next 5 years. Is it furthering Kicks for Kids and similar schemes? At the very least the next 5 years could be some ride.

MagicSwirlingShip
26-02-2020, 08:28 PM
It all seems very rational and considered. I like the cut of his jib

ScottB
26-02-2020, 08:31 PM
Be interesting seeing how we get an extra 4K ST holders over the next 5 years. Is it furthering Kicks for Kids and similar schemes? At the very least the next 5 years could be some ride.

Seems like he’s after the revenue that increase would bring so I’m guessing he wants an increase in full price ticket sales as opposed to filling out the stands with cheaper promotion style tickets...

Hibby70
26-02-2020, 08:32 PM
I've got a vision of me sitting in my seat in the West eating a hotdog and drinking a pint which has been handed along to me from the guy selling them from his tray on the stairwell. Whilst watching a replay on the jumbotron of John McGinns first goal since returning from Man Utd who couldn't match our wages.

madhatter
26-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Seems like he’s after the revenue that increase would bring so I’m guessing he wants an increase in full price ticket sales as opposed to filling out the stands with cheaper promotion style tickets...

Interesting stuff, 4K increase in STs is some increase. The fans are there but it would take a lot for us to get 4K in 5 years. As I said, it’s going to be an interesting project to witness by the sounds of it.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2020, 08:34 PM
I've got a vision of me sitting in my seat in the West eating a hotdog and drinking a pint which has been handed along to me from the guy selling them from his tray on the stairwell. Whilst watching a replay on the jumbotron of John McGinns first goal since returning from Man Utd who couldn't match our wages.

You'd still get chucked out for having beer in the seats. Can't even do that in England.

The rest is a certainty.

edinburghhibee
26-02-2020, 08:40 PM
All sounds brilliant hopefully we can pull it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c31
26-02-2020, 08:43 PM
The number of new houses getting built in and around Edinburgh should give the numbers, getting it right on the park will attract them as fans. Averaging 20,000 each home game should not be a problem for a city the size that Edinburgh has become.

Build it and the will come!

Peevemor
26-02-2020, 08:47 PM
All sounds brilliant hopefully we can pull it off

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf we do I probably will.

DaveF
26-02-2020, 08:51 PM
Positive and engaging. I'm all in and looking forward to see how it pans out.

Lancs Harp
26-02-2020, 08:53 PM

Drinking Champagne and eating caviar. Get with the programme :greengrin

sorryfolks
26-02-2020, 08:54 PM
Positive and engaging. I'm all in and looking forward to see how it pans out.

Hibs can consider my season ticket already purchased for next year 👍🏼

Hermit Crab
26-02-2020, 08:55 PM

Not a chance drinking in the stands will happen.

Irish-Hibee
26-02-2020, 08:55 PM
If we do I probably will.

:not worth:not worth

DaveF
26-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Hibs can consider my season ticket already purchased for next year 👍🏼

Yep. Not that I was ever wavering on that front but I'll be there with cash as soon as they are on sale.

IrnBru22
26-02-2020, 09:00 PM

😴

hibbyfraelibby
26-02-2020, 09:03 PM

Population of Edinburgh is on track to expand to over 600k in the next 15 years. Thousands of new houses being built on East Side of the city and in East and Midlothian. Grow with the market.

Stevie Reid
26-02-2020, 09:04 PM
Buzzing after watching that. Comes across really well, and there’s nothing to not like about those plans.

hibbyfraelibby
26-02-2020, 09:05 PM

He did mention behind them though. Remember the beer tent in the East a few years ago?

ekhibee
26-02-2020, 09:06 PM
The number of new houses getting built in and around Edinburgh should give the numbers, getting it right on the park will attract them as fans. Averaging 20,000 each home game should not be a problem for a city the size that Edinburgh has become.

Lol one of my favourite films, Field of Dreams. I don't t usually attach to much of what is said by owners a lot of the time, but I have to say I was quite impressed with this, and it shows that a lot of thought and consideration has gone into it too. If it all comes to fruition we really will have a stadium and team that most other clubs will be jealous of, and rightly so.

calumhibee1
26-02-2020, 09:06 PM

That's a good point. I know it's a lower level of football but Sheffield have about 70,000 people going to football every week in a similar sized city. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to get 20-25k if the product on the park is right and the work is done off the park to get them in the door.

Eyrie
26-02-2020, 09:09 PM
That's a good point. I know it's a lower level of football but Sheffield have about 70,000 people going to football every week in a similar sized city. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to get 20-25k if the product on the park is right and the work is done off the park to get them in the door.

25k is possible only if we fill in the corners.

But I like the implications of that ambition.

calumhibee1
26-02-2020, 09:10 PM
25k is possible only if we fill in the corners.

But I like the implications of that ambition.

I realised that after I'd said it :greengrin

If the seats were there then there's no reason we shouldn't be capable of getting that in. Of course they're currently not there, but if we can sell the 20k every week for a couple seasons...

.Sean.
26-02-2020, 09:16 PM
Everyone in Sheffield probably supports their local team like all normal folk should though. There’s probably about 40/ 50000 in Edinburgh who actively attend at Hibs or Hearts and the same numbers again of gloryhunting OF following gluebags

bigwheel
26-02-2020, 09:17 PM
Everyone in Sheffield probably supports their local team like all normal folk should though. There’s probably about 40/ 50000 in Edinburgh who actively attend at Hibs or Hearts and the same numbers again of gloryhunting OF following gluebags

True..also Sheffield is about 30 percent bigger than Edinburgh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
26-02-2020, 09:19 PM
I was impressed but there was, and this was acknowledged by the man himself, a lot of ideas, visions and hopes but also a lot of work and planning to be done to implement them. Some of that is easy eg improving Hibs TV, tarting up the stadium, changing ST pricing. Some more difficult, finding 5 companies to contribute £200K minimum per year for at least 3 years as an example.

I'm tempering my optimism with a dose of realism. Some of this will undoubtedly work and be good for the club, equally some of it just won't. That's not being a pessimist, it's just accepting that's how business plans work.

Also I'm not sure I trust a guy who uses Zs in place of Ss in words such as organisation.

bigwheel
26-02-2020, 09:21 PM
I was impressed but there was, and this was acknowledged by the man himself, a lot of ideas, visions and hopes but also a lot of work and planning to be done to implement them. Some of that is easy eg improving Hibs TV, tarting up the stadium, changing ST pricing. Some more difficult, finding 5 companies to contribute £200K minimum per year for at least 3 years as an example.

I'm tempering my optimism with a dose of realism. Some of this will undoubtedly work and be good for the club, equally some of it just won't. That's not being a pessimist, it's just accepting that's how business plans work.

Also I'm not sure I trust a guy who uses Zs in place of Ss in words such as organisation.

Decent plan, with the right goals and elements....but as you infer, it’s just a plan....lots of hard work, and breakthrough achievements required to get anywhere near the ambition in it....

Will be interesting to see how next year progresses...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
26-02-2020, 09:24 PM

He does pronounce Edinburgh properly though so I’m pretty sure he’s trustworthy :greengrin

Hibby70
26-02-2020, 09:25 PM

I never mentioned what it was a pint of though 😤

It was Peruvian Yak Milk.

sean04
26-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Ron deserves our full support, he understands that product on the park = bums on seats. Really positive ambitious plan

Smartie
26-02-2020, 09:32 PM

I like what he’s saying, but the OF are the fly in the ointment.

It will be very difficult for us to grow beyond our current level (or even to maintain our current level) as long as we’re unlikely to ever do better than finish a distant third.

I actually think our best chance of achieving the sort of performance he describes is if Sevco go pop - not an entirely unrealistic proposition.

He’s rallied the troops and clearly got a lot of folk on board, which is a good thing for all of us. It’ll be interesting to see how many actually dig deep (and deeper) when push comes to shove.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2020, 09:36 PM

:hilarious

I'm with you on the Zs front!

eastterrace
26-02-2020, 09:45 PM
Thought ron came across very passionate . I like the plan for the big screen which will generate money in the long run and his vision for some type of bar were the fans can go before the game and after the game . Also getting in house the kiosks ( as he called them) and making the product better for the customer.

B.H.F.C
26-02-2020, 09:46 PM
I like what he’s saying, but the OF are the fly in the ointment.

It will be very difficult for us to grow beyond our current level (or even to maintain our current level) as long as we’re unlikely to ever do better than finish a distant third.

I actually think our best chance of achieving the sort of performance he describes is if Sevco go pop - not an entirely unrealistic proposition.

He’s rallied the troops and clearly got a lot of folk on board, which is a good thing for all of us. It’ll be interesting to see how many actually dig deep (and deeper) when push comes to shove.

I think the Old Firm are irrelevant, we can’t match that.

But we can move up a level from where we are to being a side that are regularly qualifying for Europe. We’ve only done that through our league position about 4 times in the last 25 years.

If he’s serious about the revenue growth, European qualification makes that easier, especially with the additional competition that is coming.

Pretty Boy
26-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Thought ron came across very passionate . I like the plan for the big screen which will generate money in the long run and his vision for some type of bar were the fans can go before the game and after the game . Also getting in house the kiosks ( as he called them) and making the product better for the customer.

I liked the mention of possibly having local business doing pop ups within the stadium as another food offering. I think he name checked La Favorita who have done something similar before. That is an idea with potential, even if it won't make us a huge amount of money.

WhileTheChief..
26-02-2020, 09:50 PM
Good stuff.

Sincere and positive. Something to get excited about again.

HibbyAndy
26-02-2020, 09:54 PM
Glad he realizes the product on the park is key tho , I can have the best pie in the world and watch a nice tv at half time but inevitably i want to come away from Easter rd having being entertained and my team has won , THAT is what will get fans flocking through the turnstiles

Unseen work
26-02-2020, 09:55 PM
Very much impressed by what he has said and the plans for this.

The stadium having a big screen, digital ribbon, new sound system and being done up will not only make a huge difference for existing fans and players. But for people coming to their first game or even new players coming to view the stadium it will make a massive difference.

Players are really quite materialistic and if they can see an already nice Easter road with these additions it will make them buzzing to join. Couples in with the potential spot for Europe and a packed out stadium.

Delighted to hear he’s focussing on the squad too and that we’ve already spent above our norm in January. I think it will be a very exciting summer in terms of player recruitment.

The big thing now is from now to the end of the season. Ross has already done brilliantly for us to be even thinking about 3/4th in the league. But if he could manage that and get a semi final in the league it would bring a massive lift to the support and hopefully convince more people to get season tickets.

Next season

Competitive squad who identify and play as a hibs team should
European nights
Updated Easter Road with new facilities and improved match day experience

Sign me up.

CapitalGreen
26-02-2020, 09:59 PM
I liked the mention of possibly having local business doing pop ups within the stadium as another food offering. I think he name checked La Favorita who have done something similar before. That is an idea with potential, even if it won't make us a huge amount of money.

I went to a basketball game in America and each of the different kiosks were run by different local restaurants/bars. It provided good quality products and variety while also offering the kiosks vendor advertising for their main establishments. We enjoyed one so much we ended up going to one of the places later in the trip.

Michael
26-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Good to have some measurable targets, be interesting to see where we are in 5 years.

calumhibee1
26-02-2020, 10:03 PM
I went to a basketball game in America and each of the different kiosks were run by different local restaurants/bars. It provided good quality products and variety while also offering the kiosks vendor advertising for their main establishments. We enjoyed one so much we ended up going to one of the places later in the trip.

:agree:

Likewise. Would love to see the stands have say 4 different food sections each (say a pizza bit, a pie bit, a burger bit and a veggie bit) and contactless pads to pay to speed things up. Completely do away with cash.

Lancs Harp
26-02-2020, 10:04 PM
Good to have some measurable targets, be interesting to see where we are in 5 years.

Still laughing at hearts probably.

CloudSquall
26-02-2020, 10:06 PM
A Peruvian American saying "complaints about pies" had me bursting out laughing :faf:

Nice interview, good to see the level of analysis that's went into the plans and how ambitious they are.

IrnBru22
26-02-2020, 10:26 PM
Very much impressed by what he has said and the plans for this.

The stadium having a big screen, digital ribbon, new sound system and being done up will not only make a huge difference for existing fans and players. But for people coming to their first game or even new players coming to view the stadium it will make a massive difference.

Possibly a stupid question but what is a Digital Ribbon ?

Peevemor
26-02-2020, 10:27 PM
Possibly a stupid question but what is a Digital Ribbon ?Basically the same thing as the electronic advertising boards.

CapitalGreen
26-02-2020, 10:30 PM

https://youtu.be/JiD3ftJeOrc

Radium
26-02-2020, 10:36 PM

Suspect it’s this (don’t know what a sash has to do with the AFL)

https://youtu.be/VRStR0ipm_o

matty_f
26-02-2020, 11:05 PM

What I'd say to that, Stu, is when you look at all the elements of the plan it should be achievable.

Even if a couple of things don't come off, the very fact that Hibs will be different, be socially conscientious, give value to sponsors and supporters etc will make us easy to do business with.

The detail about making players feel part of the club (actually it was a stronger sentiment than that) and all the staff knowing their roles etc - it is textbook stuff for building a successful business.

I don't claim to be an expert on these things, however I've invested a lot of time into understanding how to deliver on ambitious plans using these type of ideas/values and honestly, there was hardly anything in that plan that was out of step with how you'd want it delivered.

ekhibee
26-02-2020, 11:24 PM
What Ron Gordon says also involves the fans buying into it, as he wants everybody on board. And that means believing that he can achieve the things he's said instead of saying he'll get 1 or 2 things done but not the rest, cos that's just how it is. After watching his interview on YouTube I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong if it doesn't work out, as long as those who are more cynical about it do the same if it does.

Brightside
26-02-2020, 11:30 PM
I am waiting to see the changes in the org. We need a refresh in many of the areas. Im assuming thats part of the plan. The best people will get the best out of the club.

jacomo
26-02-2020, 11:54 PM
He sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Mon the Ron!

jgl07
26-02-2020, 11:56 PM
True..also Sheffield is about 30 percent bigger than Edinburgh

Probably closer to 20% bigger than Edinburgh. Sheffield is also surrounded by clubs with decent support including Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham not to mention Leeds United and Huddersfield.

There are a number of Rugby League teams in the area.

Hibs and Hearts are certainly underperforming in terms of attendance. There is plenty of scope for improvement.

The 90+2
26-02-2020, 11:57 PM
Get a tie in with Beckhams mob in Miami and try get Morgan for a year. They are obviously looking at the Scottish market.

The 90+2
26-02-2020, 11:59 PM
What Ron Gordon says also involves the fans buying into it, as he wants everybody on board. And that means believing that he can achieve the things he's said instead of saying he'll get 1 or 2 things done but not the rest, cos that's just how it is. After watching his interview on YouTube I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong if it doesn't work out, as long as those who are more cynical about it do the same if it does.

Step one, has to be in the next couple of months is to get a record sponsorship deal in place. If we manage to attract that after last years shambles then it becomes very convincing.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2020, 12:03 AM

That looks the bollocks. Hope we go the full monty and have it all round the pitch and at the bottom of the upper tiers on the three stands.

Essendon bombers play in black with a red sash.[emoji6]

SanFranHibs
27-02-2020, 12:27 AM
Good interview helped by good questions.

:flag:

hfc rd
27-02-2020, 01:49 AM
Very exciting ideas and plans going forward.

ozhibs
27-02-2020, 02:24 AM

A couple of AFL Clubs have "sashes" across the Guernseys :-)

tonyrougier123
27-02-2020, 04:42 AM
To be able to enthuse a passionate dedicated fan base such as the hibernian support,he is going to need good hibs folk in and around his team charged with achieving this goal.

A new audio system and some fancy tech lights will not bring your season ticket numbers up to 16/17,000.

As for wages being increased to allow for a better playing staff,that's still based on the ability of the people tasked with finding talent being good at identifying such talent.

The beer in the stadium thing is not his call,and is just another way to pander to a sizeable proportion of the support who would clearly enjoy a pint at the game.
Whilst the audio system will be welcome,it's clearly something we have needed for a while,as a minimum approach to communicating to the supporters on match day.

The bit about "revenue streams" really gets me thinking we could be talking about seating price grading based on location of your seat.meaning higher pricing for some.now I'm speculating of course.but not sure this would sit well with many.

As for advertising and sponsorship,its all just if! If! If!nothing concrete announced last night.no structured 5 year plan in the video I watched.
I would love to be enlightened on his plan,but I feel the stuff I heard is all speculating to accumulate,no solid framework in there.
He could have set the tone by siding with the supporters who are actively trying to create a better atmosphere inside the ground.by announcing something similar to the aberdeen owner, and giving the fans a standing singing section with banners and flags provided.fill in one corner even, exclusively for this,ending seating feuds about switching season ticket holders who have held there seat for ages.

I'm sceptical about what direction we are heading,hope I am proved wrong on all fronts swiftly,and will post when I am wrong in my chain of thoughts.
I honestly thought we would have some encouraging announcements,solid news like a new kit sponsor or shirt sponsor,a stadium blue print.
Instead we got some pipedreams in a small 10 minute video roughly of things we already knew.and just in time for season ticket renewal?

Nah I'm not convinced here.or enthused.
Feels like the owner is still spitballing ideas.

tonyrougier123
27-02-2020, 05:00 AM
Here's an idea fill in a corner,fill it with the 1875 boys. banners, drums, flags whole show.
Stick the telly above them so all of the stadium looks in that direction automatically,including the opposition players and they will see a sea of green and white bouncing every time they check their lineup or subs or minutes passed in the game.
I mean how much would it cost to put in a standing section?surely worth it?? You want to make easter road unique not generic and full of advertising l.e.d pish boards!

Since452
27-02-2020, 06:30 AM
Never thought I'd see the day our board were targeting 16/17k season ticket holders and doubling the turnover and budget. Sue Perb.

PaulSmith
27-02-2020, 07:25 AM
To be able to enthuse a passionate dedicated fan base such as the hibernian support,he is going to need good hibs folk in and around his team charged with achieving this goal.

A new audio system and some fancy tech lights will not bring your season ticket numbers up to 16/17,000.

As for wages being increased to allow for a better playing staff,that's still based on the ability of the people tasked with finding talent being good at identifying such talent.

The beer in the stadium thing is not his call,and is just another way to pander to a sizeable proportion of the support who would clearly enjoy a pint at the game.
Whilst the audio system will be welcome,it's clearly something we have needed for a while,as a minimum approach to communicating to the supporters on match day.

The bit about "revenue streams" really gets me thinking we could be talking about seating price grading based on location of your seat.meaning higher pricing for some.now I'm speculating of course.but not sure this would sit well with many.

As for advertising and sponsorship,its all just if! If! If!nothing concrete announced last night.no structured 5 year plan in the video I watched.
I would love to be enlightened on his plan,but I feel the stuff I heard is all speculating to accumulate,no solid framework in there.
He could have set the tone by siding with the supporters who are actively trying to create a better atmosphere inside the ground.by announcing something similar to the aberdeen owner, and giving the fans a standing singing section with banners and flags provided.fill in one corner even, exclusively for this,ending seating feuds about switching season ticket holders who have held there seat for ages.

I'm sceptical about what direction we are heading,hope I am proved wrong on all fronts swiftly,and will post when I am wrong in my chain of thoughts.
I honestly thought we would have some encouraging announcements,solid news like a new kit sponsor or shirt sponsor,a stadium blue print.
Instead we got some pipedreams in a small 10 minute video roughly of things we already knew.and just in time for season ticket renewal?

I assume that this is one of these “whoosh” posts that I have trouble understanding or is it a serious one?

If it’s the latter then I’m presuming that you’ve absolutely no understanding whatsoever of how to create a vision, underpin it with credible action points and what the goals will be once executed?

Barney McGrew
27-02-2020, 07:31 AM
The bit about "revenue streams" really gets me thinking we could be talking about seating price grading based on location of your seat.meaning higher pricing for some.now I'm speculating of course.but not sure this would sit well with many..

That’s exactly what they’re going to do, there’s no speculating required. They said so last night.

PaulSmith
27-02-2020, 07:35 AM
I always refer back to the thread that talked about the redevelopment of the East Stand and some of the posts about “why are we spending money to increase the capacity to 21k when we can hardly get 12k here”

Well guess what, someone in the Board had ambition and executed a plan. By improving the stadium and capacity it’s given the club a significant material income stream, grown the profile of the club and we topped 14k ST sales this season.

We could’ve kept the old east stand and *****ed the money on 3-4 players, not been any better off and had a debt repayment plan which would cripple us.

Folk are missing a key points in the strategy around the football side, a smaller squad with ‘better’ players, a pathway for academy players, full sized indoor training centre.. the playing side is at the front and centre. Let’s not gloss over that.

PaulSmith
27-02-2020, 07:38 AM
That’s exactly what they’re going to do, there’s no speculating required. They said so last night.

Correct and that has to be well thought out and landed brilliantly and there’s going to be a lot of fans in the same seats that are going to baulk at what I think will be a fairly big price increase to their ST

Peevemor
27-02-2020, 07:42 AM

Do you not realise that he's obviously taking a(n) holistic approach to the whole set up? If he's going to achieve his goals it''ll take a lot more than finding the right place for the singing section. Each individual idea/initiative has to be integral to the long term plan.

When are kit or shirt sponsors ever announced in February?

As for a stadium blueprint - any meaningful study will take more than 6-7 months to prepare. I'd rather have news of each element when the details, programme and planning are known, otherwise we'll end up looking as stupid as our daftie neighbours.

JimBHibees
27-02-2020, 07:48 AM
There is absolutely no doubt that Scottish society can learn loads from North America in terms of putting on a show and customer service and experience. Get that right and people will want to return over and over again. Interview was good and liked Ron's passion and ambition. Kenny Millar also very good interviewer. It has always irked me also for example in Edinburgh you have some of the largest financial institutions in the world and as far as I know none invest anything in the biggest and best sport in the country. Good vision very well communicated.

Hibbyradge
27-02-2020, 08:16 AM
Probably closer to 20% bigger than Edinburgh. Sheffield is also surrounded by clubs with decent support including Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham not to mention Leeds United and Huddersfield.

There are a number of Rugby League teams in the area.

Hibs and Hearts are certainly underperforming in terms of attendance. There is plenty of scope for improvement.

The population of Edinburgh is 531000.

Sheffield is 725000. That's over 36% bigger, isn't it?

superfurryhibby
27-02-2020, 08:31 AM

Not sure where you get your population stats from?

The population of Sheffield is 570,000.

Hibbyradge
27-02-2020, 08:32 AM
Not sure where you get your population stats from?

The population of Sheffield is 570,000.

https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/22875/sheffield/population

That site has Edinburgh as 537k.

LeithSqualk
27-02-2020, 08:37 AM
I’m all for cheap kids/family season tickets, they are our future fan base after all. I would keep the pricing the place but drop it to category B games and house them in the south stand. If they want to attend one of the ugly sister or Hearts games they can have that option before a general sale.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2020, 08:39 AM

They’ve already said that we’ll see the stadium improvements take place in the summer. Bringing catering in-house automatically increases revenue (cost as well obviously).

They are the two things I picked out of it all that will happen relatively quickly and where we can get some quick wins.

It won’t happen overnight but there is nothing not to be positive about in what he said. Nothing is guaranteed but just having that ambition and drive at the club will make a huge difference.

Unseen work
27-02-2020, 09:07 AM

You’re right in that no one thing will get us 4,000 extra season ticket holders per season, however it’s a goal that he’s looking to achieve over the next 5 years.

Since he’s came in he has:

Wiped our debt - 500k p/a
Injected 1.25 million to the club to see at they please
Raised our overall wage and overspent in the January window as the right opportunity arose
We put in bids of McGinn, Miller and Nisbet. All of which is pretty unheard of for us
Made us the greenest club in Scotland - Big opportunity for more revenue

Near future;
Doing up ER - Screen, audio system, lighting, Digital ribbon and a general clean/do up - More revenue opportunity
Bringing Kiosks inhouse - Increasing revenue
bigger player budget

That will all likely be inplace within a year of him being in charge. What’s not to be enthusiastic about?

The money ideas etc may sound random to us our plucked out of thin air. But I highly doubt someone like Gordon has said 5 investors at 200k each with no sort of idea who they may be and if it’s possible.

calumhibee1
27-02-2020, 09:26 AM

I just got my stats from Wikipedia and presumed they were true - dangerous I know :greengrin - but Sheffield was 582k compared to Edinburgh's 518k

Keith_M
27-02-2020, 09:32 AM
Are people honestly getting so excited about a big screen and Digital Ribbon (i.e. loads of wee screens)?

Call me old fashioned, but I just want a decent team to watch on the pitch, maybe winning trophies occasionally.

Hotdogs, though... THAT I can get excited about!

🌭

Keith_M
27-02-2020, 09:37 AM
I just got my stats from Wikipedia and presumed they were true - dangerous I know :greengrin - but Sheffield was 582k compared to Edinburgh's 518k

Yours is right, Calumn.

The 700k+ quoted for Sheffield is not the city on its own, it's the 'greater urban area'.

Edinburgh has roughly 700k, using that definition.

calumhibee1
27-02-2020, 09:40 AM
Are people honestly getting so excited about a big screen and Digital Ribbon (i.e. loads of wee screens)?

Call me old fashioned, but I just want a decent team to watch on the pitch, maybe winning trophies occasionally.

Hotdogs, though... THAT I can get excited about!

🌭

It won’t be for everybody. But I can guarantee that a lot of folk - especially younger generations - will find the match day experience improves quite a bit with things just being brought into the 21st century a bit more - screens showing highlights before the game and at half time, interviews with the players, quizzes, facts about Hibs etc on it, music pumping out the new sound system. All wee things on their own but if you ever go to an American sporting event you’ll see that things like this can really add to the occasion.

Hopefully the “kiosks” will all be cashless as well - would speed things up massively and be much more convenient.

stuart-farquhar
27-02-2020, 09:44 AM
https://www.macrotrends.net/cities/22875/sheffield/population

That site has Edinburgh as 537k.

Those population stats are bullxxxx.

Belfast for one is not a city of more than 600000. And Manchester (not Greater Manchester) is the size of Edinburgh. Stats eh!

green day
27-02-2020, 09:46 AM
Yours is right, Calumn.

The 700k+ quoted for Sheffield is not the city on its own, it's the 'greater urban area'.

Edinburgh has roughly 700k, using that definition.

We do often forget that football clubs are not defined by the city they are in or named after.

In England the population is massive - more than 10 times what we have and only twice as many league clubs as Scotland - and much of it is in places outside of specific cities so the draw for certain teams is from a much larger and more populated area than just the city (taking in greater urban area, county etc etc).

Caversham Green
27-02-2020, 11:25 AM

Enthusing a passionate dedicated fanbase isn't really the aim - if you're an enthusiastic dedicated fan you'll attend matches whether or not there are all the bells and whistles being discussed, you presumably wouldn't stop going because of them.

To increase attendances we need to attract people who aren't passionate and dedicated and the best way of doing that is to make the matchday experience a bit special - the wow factor. These plans look like a good way of achieving that even if they're not entirely to the tastes of the current fanbase.

Dan Sarf
27-02-2020, 11:40 AM

Exactly, Tony. No mention of buying a Bank? Or shipping in busloads of players we've never heard of? Colour me disappointed.

:greengrin

Speedway
27-02-2020, 12:03 PM
Big Ron did himself a load of favours last night and has irrefutably already put his money where his mouth is.

If I was Big Ron and Kenny M now, I'd keep control of the narrative by setting up a running commentary of comms to supporters on the implementation progress of the plan.

Phase 1 - Deadline 55th Decanuary: new pies (achieved), jumbotron (install date.....), x % increase in playing budget for summer (Now in place) etc etc etc
Phase 2 - Deadline ......

and make a whole load of marketing noise about we're now in Phase whatever of the grand design to let supporters beyond the AGM buy in big time.

This is comms gold for them. I hope they're already all over it.

Then when we miss a target, it should be 'Thank you to the wonderful supporters who have showed their faith in our vision by taking us to 14,000 STs, Our highest ever!

Translation 'You bunch of miserable low skilled skint *****. We're going after the prawn sandwich brigade now, You're no use to us, earn more money in future, peasants!.'

As was said earlier in the thread. 'Mon the Ron'.

RyeSloan
27-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Big Ron did himself a load of favours last night and has irrefutably already put his money where his mouth is.

If I was Big Ron and Kenny M now, I'd keep control of the narrative by setting up a running commentary of comms to supporters on the implementation progress of the plan.

Phase 1 - Deadline 55th Decanuary: new pies (achieved), jumbotron (install date.....), x % increase in playing budget for summer (Now in place) etc etc etc
Phase 2 - Deadline ......

and make a whole load of marketing noise about we're now in Phase whatever of the grand design to let supporters beyond the AGM buy in big time.

This is comms gold for them. I hope they're already all over it.

Then when we miss a target, it should be 'Thank you to the wonderful supporters who have showed their faith in our vision by taking us to 14,000 STs, Our highest ever!

Translation 'You bunch of miserable low skilled skint *****. We're going after the prawn sandwich brigade now, You're no use to us, earn more money in future, peasants!.'

As was said earlier in the thread. 'Mon the Ron'.

The ‘Mon the Ron Jumbotron has a nice ring to it right enough

Wilson
27-02-2020, 05:05 PM
The ‘Mon the Ron Jumbotron has a nice ring to it right enough

We advocated screens during Petrie's era too. Could have been the tight-arse titantron.

Lago
27-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Lol one of my favourite films, Field of Dreams. I don't t usually attach to much of what is said by owners a lot of the time, but I have to say I was quite impressed with this, and it shows that a lot of thought and consideration has gone into it too. If it all comes to fruition we really will have a stadium and team that most other clubs will be jealous of, and rightly so.
Agree with you on all your points, especially Field of Dreams, absolutely loved that film. 👍

Lago
27-02-2020, 05:36 PM

Spitballing ideas, do I add that to my lexicon of business speak, low hanging fruit, push the envelope or blue sky thinking. I thought I had left that all behind when I retired, oh well. 😝

h1bs4life
27-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Be interesting to see how they plan to restructure the season ticket prices.
Know a few old firm season ticket holders and a few Hearts season ticket holders and they have different prices for each part of the stadium.

When Hearts built there super duper multi million pound stand the people in the opposite stand had to pay the same price as those in the new stand up to about £500.

Not sure if any other top flight club has the same price know matter where you sit the way we have

Hibs looking to price the same way as others?
Top price half way line East / West stand.
Slightly cheaper in the East / West closer to either end you sit.
Famous five upper slightly cheaper again.
Famous five lower no longer family stand but cheapset for season tickets. Concessions available in all stands.
Safe standing seats in the East for singing section / livelier fans.

hibbyfraelibby
27-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Be interesting to see how they plan to restructure the season ticket prices.
Know a few old firm season ticket holders and a few Hearts season ticket holders and they have different prices for each part of the stadium.

When Hearts built there super duper multi million pound stand the people in the opposite stand had to pay the same price as those in the new stand up to about £500.

Not sure if any other top flight club has the same price know matter where you sit the way we have

Hibs looking to price the same way as others?
Top price half way line East / West stand.
Slightly cheaper in the East / West closer to either end you sit.
Famous five upper slightly cheaper again.
Famous five lower no longer family stand but cheapset for season tickets. Concessions available in all stands.
Safe standing seats in the East for singing section / livelier fans.

West Stand could revert to Centre Stand (Platimum?), Wing Stand (Gold) with the Lower West becoming the Enclosure with rail seats (Silver).

FFU (Gold), FFL rail seats (Silver)

East Stand Centre (Silver) and Wings (Bronze)

South Stand as FF

Steven79
27-02-2020, 08:20 PM
West Stand could revert to Centre Stand (Platimum?), Wing Stand (Gold) with the Lower West becoming the Enclosure with rail seats (Silver).

FFU (Gold), FFL rail seats (Silver)

East Stand Centre (Silver) and Wings (Bronze)

South Stand as FFSo more expensive for behind the goals over being on the half way line in the East?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

HibbySpurs
27-02-2020, 08:24 PM

Sorry but were you expecting promises of World Cup Stars and Champions League wins? If so I’m glad you were disappointed.

Your points are well made but it’s a vision with an action plan, it will all take time... Good things come to those who wait. A little bit of patience and trust needed.

Wakeyhibee
28-02-2020, 08:07 PM
I was pleased to see some ambition and vision coming from the AGM.

To double our revenues in 5 years is a big ask, even if you take in the areas that are farmed out at present and that surely only a maximum of 20% could be gained at match day tickets, season or walk ups.

It appears he is looking to the commercial side to take up the lions share of the growth which I think is the way forward, as there is a ceiling to which supporters can be asked to 'pony up'.

Very enthused by his statement, the proof of course is in the pudding, but a good start and I like the fact he's taken the time to look at Hibs in depth before any plans are announced.

Steve88
03-03-2020, 10:30 PM
.... Best of luck Ron pulling in the crowds + sponsors after that :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:33 PM
Doesn’t matter about getting pumped from our rivals. Easter road’s going to be all singing all dancing.

****ing embarrassment

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Doesn’t matter about getting pumped from our rivals. Easter road’s going to be all singing all dancing.

****ing embarrassmentIs there any point to this post?

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Hopefully the screen is big enough so I can see all the opposition's goals. Sometimes difficult to see all the goals we lose at the far end.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 10:35 PM
Hopefully the screen is big enough so I can see all the opposition's goals. Sometimes difficult to see all the goals we lose at the far end.Oh, there you are.

Vault Boy
03-03-2020, 10:35 PM
Here comes the stick to beat Hibs with after a single derby defeat then. **** us for being ambitious with our business planning, right? 🙄

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2020, 10:36 PM

****ing embarrassment

New audio system to clearly announce away scorer.
Big screen to maybe see yourself or introduce the kiss your GF ice hockey style, whilst indulging in a hot dog from in house services.
Never happy Hibs fans huh?

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:40 PM
Is there any point to this post?

Yep. Absolutely **** all else matters if the team do not perform on the pitch.

Nout.

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2020, 10:45 PM
Yep. Absolutely **** all else matters if the team do not perform on the pitch.

Nout.

We shouldn’t make any plans. And if we do and lose a derby we should bin all plans immediately.

Maybe Kieran can take this to the next board meeting.

madhatter
03-03-2020, 10:49 PM
I’d say half the Hibs attendees were away by the 75th minute, if club think we are going to get to 17k STs based on how we recruit players then they are deluded. 2 senior strikers at club, one of whom is playing very very poorly and is on one of our renowned loans. Our attendances are absolutely more likely to plummet than to go up. Imagine asking fans to chime in while you talk about big screens etc.

I hope something positive comes out of all this still but if club aren’t careful this could all spiral out of control - spend money to try to entice companies for sponsorships etc. but they aren’t enticed and the football product means fans stop turning up. When will Hibs actually focus on getting a good team on the park that are under contract? With appropriate succession planning...

How many LBs have we had for seasons now? 1 in Stevenson. Whittaker, McGregor and Gray being virtually unable to play while we scramble around for loans is not forwarding thinking at all.

Stuart93
03-03-2020, 10:50 PM
We shouldn’t make any plans. And if we do and lose a derby we should bin all plans immediately.

Maybe Kieran can take this to the next board meeting.

Absolutely not

But before spending this amount and that amount on tv screens make sure the product is already on the park.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 10:53 PM
I’d say half the Hibs attendees were away by the 75th minute, if club think we are going to get to 17k STs based on how we recruit players then they are deluded. 2 senior strikers at club, one of whom is playing very very poorly and is on one of our renowned loans. Our attendances are absolutely more likely to plummet than to go up. Imagine asking fans to chime in while you talk about big screens etc.

I hope something positive comes out of all this still but if club aren’t careful this could all spiral out of control - spend money to try to entice companies for sponsorships etc. but they aren’t enticed and the football product means fans stop turning up. When will Hibs actually focus on getting a good team on the park that are under contract? With appropriate succession planning...

How many LBs have we had for seasons now? 1 in Stevenson. Whittaker, McGregor and Gray being virtually unable to play while we scramble around for loans is not forwarding thinking at all.Ron has said that the squad is the most important thing. He's already increased the budget and will do so again.

Give him a chance.

People wouldn't even be on this thread tonight had we won, but tonight's result changes nothing regarding our plans for growth and improvement.

madhatter
03-03-2020, 11:01 PM
Ron has said that the squad is the most important thing. He's already increased the budget and will do so again.

Give him a chance.

People wouldn't even be on this thread tonight had we won, but tonight's result changes nothing regarding our plans for growth and improvement.

I’ll give him a chance but you’ve just highlighted the problem - how many times have Hibs fans given the club a chance? How many times have we turned up in big numbers to be disappointed? In terms of attendances we are on a knife edge, we truly are. Very difficult even getting a ST growth for next season based on the current side. Take Boyle out of this side and we are really really poor.

To grow our ST numbers you need to convince fans that the times of old are behind. That’s what we had under Stubbs and in particular Lennon. That is fading rapidly. Same old Hibs is what people are saying, not We are all Hibs.

I’m pessimistic but I’ve been saying our football this season has been poor. It’s bored me (beyond Boyle) and defeats like tonight have been coming.

Peevemor
03-03-2020, 11:06 PM
I’ll give him a chance but you’ve just highlighted the problem - how many times have Hibs fans given the club a chance? How many times have we turned up in big numbers to be disappointed? In terms of attendances we are on a knife edge, we truly are. Very difficult even getting a ST growth for next season based on the current side. Take Boyle out of this side and we are really really poor.

To grow our ST numbers you need to convince fans that the times of old are behind. That’s what we had under Stubbs and in particular Lennon. That is fading rapidly. Same old Hibs is what people are saying, not We are all Hibs.

I’m pessimistic but I’ve been saying our football this season has been poor. It’s bored me (beyond Boyle) and defeats like tonight have been coming.The club's been under the same ownership for about 30 years. Now there's a new boss with new ideas.

I'll remain optimistic (I can't help myself).

madhatter
03-03-2020, 11:17 PM
The club's been under the same ownership for about 30 years. Now there's a new boss with new ideas.

I'll remain optimistic (I can't help myself).

New ideas that, on the face of it, to many fans is reminiscent of Farmer/Petrie. £1m spend on infrastructure.

I’m trying to be positive but I’m being realistic that tonight’s result and the shape of our squad added to talk of yet more spending on infrastructure is not going to win fans over. What is the payoff to getting HTC for example? Higher profile loans? Beyond Boyle I cannot think of a player in the current squad that has developed and improved. I suspect some, especially loans, view it as a luxury more than a place of development.

I hope things improve drastically for next season as this is turning out to be another mediocre season.

Allez Hibs
03-03-2020, 11:18 PM
Lets get a winning team on the field before all this corporate jargon and business plans.

snedzuk
03-03-2020, 11:45 PM

I’m pessimistic but I’ve been saying our football this season has been poor. It’s bored me (beyond Boyle) and defeats like tonight have been coming.

Just as the second goal went in, so the fancy advertising boards in front of the east came up with teaser adverts for next seasons tickets - maybe not the best timing.

Mixu1875
04-03-2020, 12:37 AM
His plan is a great plan and will be wonders for the club, if they can pull it off. They’re only going to increase revenue streams if the product on park is of better quality. We’ve been in the position of thinking our luck is turning around many times over the last few years, I’m not going to get overly excited until we start putting in the performances consistently.

Diclonius
04-03-2020, 10:17 AM
A key part of our strategic plan should be "consider derby games as important as Hearts do". It works for them; it's going to single-handedly save them from relegation this season.

Danderhall Hibs
04-03-2020, 11:09 AM
A key part of our strategic plan should be "consider derby games as important as Hearts do". It works for them; it's going to single-handedly save them from relegation this season.

We do. Doesn’t mean you win them all though - see Boxing Day ass an example.

CentreLine
04-03-2020, 11:18 AM
Lets get a winning team on the field before all this corporate jargon and business plans.

Everything that Ron Gordon has said and done since he arrived suggests that getting a team on the park is exactly his priority. However, the high ambitions that he seems to hold cannot be achieved unless the business case is also strong and that means the facilities have to be right too. This is not an “either or” scenario but a whole big picture. Ambitious? Yes but RG certainly talks a very big game.

I think the ambitious attempt to sign young Nisbet, in the winter window, may just be the start of it.

The inglorious defeat last night should not dampen our enthusiasm for the future. We got to stop living in the past and embrace a very positive future IMHO.

chrisski33
04-03-2020, 11:24 AM
Here comes the stick to beat Hibs with after a single derby defeat then. **** us for being ambitious with our business planning, right? 🙄

Tbh when the team performs on the pitch more people are likely to go to games. Just because you have a big flash tv screen doesnt mean more folk will come does it?
All this ambition to be the best means nothing when you cant beat the bottom of league team who happen to be your arch enemy and we show no fire or passion on the field.

Vault Boy
04-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Tbh when the team performs on the pitch more people are likely to go to games. Just because you have a big flash tv screen doesnt mean more folk will come does it?
All this ambition to be the best means nothing when you cant beat the bottom of league team who happen to be your arch enemy and we show no fire or passion on the field.

The game last night has nothing to do with our AGM.

Peevemor
04-03-2020, 11:26 AM

It's not just about "a big flash tv screen".

Ron's speaking about the whole Hibs supporting experience - team, stadium, food, atmosphere - the lot.

Steven79
04-03-2020, 11:27 AM
It's not just about "a big flash tv screen".

Ron's speaking about the whole Hibs supporting experience - team, stadium, food, atmosphere - the lot.We have much to improve going on last night...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
04-03-2020, 03:47 PM
Bloody hell, one admittedly shocking defeat and everything the club is planning becomes a waste of time and money.

There is a whole big picture here. For all the moaning about infrastructure, an easy target on the back of that performance, it would be interesting to see how much money increasing our capacity from 17,500 to 20,400 has earned the club since the east was built. How much more will we be able to raise from advertising revenue and sponsorship with a big screen and trackside digital boards to show sponsors on?

If a player has the choice between a club with a full sized indoor training facility and a freezing outdoor training ground in the pissing rain with both offering roughly the same money, which is he going to pick?

It all makes a difference and RG made it clear that the playing side would not suffer on the back of these plans, as the sums we allegedly offered for players in the January window testifies to.

A professional sports club in the 21st century just can't be 90 minutes and a pie n' Bovril at half time and nothing else .... to compete we have to operate in a way that reflects modern attitudes to entertainment and experience. All of it will be beneficial to the team we can put on the park if we get it right.