PDA

View Full Version : Original 1988 Share Issue.

KingPat4
26-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know if the original shares from 1988 have any kind of meaning left? The last I can remember is STF saying they would still carry voting rights, but TBH I can't recall much about it now. My certificate is somewhere in the attic, need to look it out and frame it.

Anybody any info?

Thanks

offshorehibby
26-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know if the original shares from 1988 have any kind of meaning left? The last I can remember is STF saying they would still carry voting rights, but TBH I can't recall much about it now. My certificate is somewhere in the attic, need to look it out and frame it.

Anybody any info?

Thanks

They have full voting rights. They are the only shares i have and i get my accounts and invitation to the AGM every year,

Pretty Boy
26-02-2020, 05:14 PM

Anybody any info?

Thanks

My Grandad bought shares at that time and still gets accounts and literature every year. My Mum is attending tonight as his proxy so they must still be valid (I doubt that is the correct word but you know what I mean).

KingPat4
26-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Thank you gentlemen.

I'll need to find them and contact the club, obviously been going to the wrong address, my fault, not there's.

Over thirty years ago now, jeez......,

RyeSloan
26-02-2020, 05:34 PM
Think I still have the prospectus somewhere...iirc they handed them out at a game one day, a big A4 booklet it was as well.

KingPat4
26-02-2020, 05:40 PM
There was a footie programme on BBC Scotland at the weekend tbat went through the Duff era. It showed the original TV advert, with Miller, Collins, Archibald and the so called fan coming on as a sub. Can't remember his name, but I think he was a comedian and a big Hibbie.

Bostonhibby
26-02-2020, 05:43 PM
There was a footie programme on BBC Scotland at the weekend tbat went through the Duff era. It showed the original TV advert, with Miller, Collins, Archibald and the so called fan coming on as a sub. Can't remember his name, but I think he was a comedian and a big Hibbie.Bill Barclay?

And yes, the shares from that time are valid, still got some.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

KingPat4
26-02-2020, 05:45 PM
No, it wasn't Bill. Someone not quite as well known.

bod
26-02-2020, 05:59 PM
No, it wasn't Bill. Someone not quite as well known.

Happy Houden ?

KingPat4
26-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Could be.

KingPat4
26-02-2020, 06:05 PM
You're right, Alex Houden, born in Leith. Actor and comedian, died in 2015.

peterharrogate
26-02-2020, 06:16 PM
It is not the original shares that are still valid because that company was liquidated. When STF bought the club he gifted an equivalent number of shares in his new holding company to all small shareholders who had owned shares in the liquidated company. I have share certificates from both the original company and the current one - the original one is of no consequence or value other than as an historical document.

stantonhibby
26-02-2020, 06:22 PM
You're right, Alex Houden, born in Leith. Actor and comedian, died in 2015.

Nope.....it was Gary Denis who was in the shares ad. Hibs supporting comedian who died quite young I think.

KingPat4
26-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Nope.....it was Gary Denis who was in the shares ad. Hibs supporting comedian who died quite young I think.

I'm wrong again. You're spot on.

O'Rourke3
26-02-2020, 08:51 PM
Nope.....it was Gary Denis who was in the shares ad. Hibs supporting comedian who died quite young I think.Beat me to it. Happy Howden however has a very iconic scene with his Mrs in The Acid House.....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Islington Hibs
26-02-2020, 08:55 PM
It is not the original shares that are still valid because that company was liquidated. When STF bought the club he gifted an equivalent number of shares in his new holding company to all small shareholders who had owned shares in the liquidated company. I have share certificates from both the original company and the current one - the original one is of no consequence or value other than as an historical document.

That is 100% correct. I have a holding and while they do represent a shareholding in the company the value is negligible and more sentimental value/ connection really. Mr Gordon is the owner effectively of all he surveys.

Eric
26-02-2020, 09:46 PM

Yes the original shares have no validity. The shares gifted by STF were the number held by each shareholder in the original company but limited to a maximum of 5000 per shareholder.

Barney McGrew
26-02-2020, 09:51 PM
That is 100% correct. I have a holding and while they do represent a shareholding in the company the value is negligible and more sentimental value/ connection really. Mr Gordon is the owner effectively of all he surveys.

He’s the owner of around 67% of the share capital, as was confirmed this evening. HSL have 15%, with small shareholders making up the rest.

CraigHibee
26-02-2020, 11:25 PM

61 when he died, still relatively young

https://www.scotsman.com/news-2-15012/a-life-of-laughter-1-888604

BonnieFitbaTeam
27-02-2020, 12:01 PM
I bought some of those Duff shares - pun intended - back in the day but never got anything from Sir Tom. Anyone know how I would investigate the matter further?

I know they would be all but worthless but it's not about the money.

Iggy Pope
27-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Beat me to it. Happy Howden however has a very iconic scene with his Mrs in The Acid House.....

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Oh... the one at the fireplace with the team photo. Genius.

Ronniekirk
27-02-2020, 07:10 PM
My Grandad bought shares at that time and still gets accounts and literature every year. My Mum is attending tonight as his proxy so they must still be valid (I doubt that is the correct word but you know what I mean).

I bought original shares still have my certificate but haven’t had accounts for years
Just realised I moved years ago so they probably get sent to my old address
Will write in with new address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk