PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Caley

Billy Whizz
26-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Friday nights game can’t come quick enough for me now. This is going to be a really tough fixture for Hibs, but one I think we’ll win, and another trip to Hampden

Caley on a good run of form, so we need to be on our game

FilipinoHibs
26-02-2020, 10:34 AM
Friday nights game can’t come quick enough for me now. This is going to be a really tough fixture for Hibs, but one I think we’ll win, and another trip to Hampden

Up at 4am to watch in the Philippines. On family trip to city in the mountains - 5,000 feet up. Temperatures will be 24/14. Everybody taking jumpers and trousers. I will still be in shorts and T shirt. Luckily all are heavy sleepers. Come on the Hibs.

PatHead
26-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Snap. While it is great fun laughing at Hearts' misfortunes, the important thing is that Hibs keep winning. We couldn't have asked for a better draw so let's hope we can take advantage of it.

Hampden here we come.

Wheat Hound
26-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Me too Billy. Great chance to get back to Hampden but only if we are totally switched in and up for it. Sure Jack will have us well prepared. Hopefully give us the platform and momentum to kick on in the league too.

Jones28
26-02-2020, 10:48 AM
Canny wait, I lost the bug towards the end of last season but it’s back with a vengeance.

Since452
26-02-2020, 10:50 AM
Hopefully ICT playing last night will help us. Huge game for the club. Possibly St Mirren or Aberdeen in the semi then all of a sudden 90 mins away from winning the Scottish cup.

foxy
26-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Went to their game last night at East End Park v Dunfermline which they won 2-1

Aaron Doran scored a peach of a free kick from about 22 yards in off the crossbar and their winning goal took a wicked deflection from a shot from the edge of the box, they also hit the post but apart from that didn't really trouble the Pars keeper. A draw would have been a fair result as Kevin Nisbet missed a free header from 7 yards out right in the middle of the goals and the Pars had plenty of pressure without creating too many clear cut chances especially in the 2nd half.

ICT played ok but looked quite slow and ponderous at the back especially on their right hand side with Shaun Rooney & Brad McKay looking particularly poor and they look to punt the ball up to Jordan White to hold it up and bring others into the game.

After us beating a much better Dundee Utd team in the 4th round - we should win by at least a couple of goals as long as we turn up and our attacking players are on form particularly I can see Boyle having a lot of success against them.

Sean1875
26-02-2020, 11:06 AM

Aaron Doran scored a peach of a free kick from about 22 yards in off the crossbar and their winning goal took a wicked deflection from a shot from the edge of the box, they also hit the post but apart from that didn't really trouble the Pars keeper. A draw would have been a fair result as Kevin Nisbet missed a free header from 7 yards out right in the middle of the goals and the Pars had plenty of pressure without creating too many clear cut chances especially in the 2nd half.

ICT played ok but looked quite slow and ponderous at the back especially on their right hand side with Shaun Rooney & Brad McKay looking particularly poor and they look to punt the ball up to Jordan White to hold it up and bring others into the game.

After us beating a much better Dundee Utd team in the 4th round - we should win by at least a couple of goals as long as we turn up and our attacking players are on form particularly I can see Boyle having a lot of success against them.

Missed sitter aside, how did Nisbet look? Still intrigued to see what happens with us and him in the summer.

WeeRussell
26-02-2020, 11:14 AM
I've seen ICT play recently. If we turn up we should have very little bother progressing. They aren't close to what Dundee Utd are, so similar attitude and we'll have the job done.

foxy
26-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Missed sitter aside, how did Nisbet look? Still intrigued to see what happens with us and him in the summer.

The missed header early on was his only clear cut chance in the game and it was a bad miss but he gave the ICT defence a hard time throughout - his hold up play was good, looked good in the air for someone that is only 6' 1" although he was up against Brad McKay, decent pace and movement off the ball, link up play was good and played his strike partner in with a couple of nice passes although he didn't make the most of them (not Nisbet's fault).

I can definitely see there is a good player in there - might be worth a punt in the summer but I can see other big clubs being interested in him.

Alex Trager
26-02-2020, 11:15 AM

Anyone know how many goals he’s scored since we failed to bring him in?

He may well be pretty unsettled because of it.

The thing is, if he goes off the boil a bit, I imagine people may be a bit put off bringing him in. But if he continues his form he will no doubt end up elsewhere!

The 90+2
26-02-2020, 11:17 AM
Team full of hearts rejects managed by one of their legends. Get them pumped Hibernian.

foxy
26-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Anyone know how many goals he’s scored since we failed to bring him in?

He may well be pretty unsettled because of it.

The thing is, if he goes off the boil a bit, I imagine people may be a bit put off bringing him in. But if he continues his form he will no doubt end up elsewhere!

None as that was only the Pars 2nd game this month and he was a sub and came on in the 2nd half against Queen of the South on 1st Feb.

Alex Trager
26-02-2020, 11:20 AM
None as that was only the Pars 2nd game this month and he was a sub and came on in the 2nd half against Queen of the South on 1st Feb.

Ah I see.
Cheers mate

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Gutted I'm going to miss this one. I'm 60 on Friday and had organised a party for that night before it was announced the game would be on the 28th. For reasons I wont bore folk with I also missed the Ross County game, which means for the first time in over 30 years I'll be missing two home games in a season.

Unfortunately a good few folk at the party will also be Hibbies who would otherwise have been at the game .... At least its on the telly I suppose, which should make the party interesting as a third of the attendees ignore the disco to congregate round the telly ... my partner will be pleased ...... not :greengrin

PatHead
26-02-2020, 11:37 AM
Part time supporter. Feeble excuse. You have had 60 years to make sure your party didn't clash with a Hibs game. 😁

JimBHibees
26-02-2020, 11:55 AM
I've seen ICT play recently. If we turn up we should have very little bother progressing. They aren't close to what Dundee Utd are, so similar attitude and we'll have the job done.

Not sure about that they had a very close game with United last weekend which was only swung by a very good Shankland goal. They also beat Livingston in the last round so anyone IMO thinking this will be anything other than a very tight game might be in for a shock. I think we can create against their defence (McKay/McHattie etc) and not hugely convinced by their goalie. In saying all that it would be hugely disappointing to go out at this stage.

The 90+2
26-02-2020, 12:22 PM
Not sure about that they had a very close game with United last weekend which was only swung by a very good Shankland goal. They also beat Livingston in the last round so anyone IMO thinking this will be anything other than a very tight game might be in for a shock. I think we can create against their defence (McKay/McHattie etc) and not hugely convinced by their goalie. In saying all that it would be hugely disappointing to go out at this stage.

We should never lose to a football team that has McHattie in it, ever. :agree:

JimBHibees
26-02-2020, 12:23 PM
We should never lose to a football team that has McHattie in it, ever. :agree:

Boyle should rip him apart.

Greenbeard
26-02-2020, 12:37 PM

Maybe Horgan to start on the left then? Or for the last 20 when they are even more slow and ponderous.

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2020, 12:50 PM
Part time supporter. Feeble excuse. You have had 60 years to make sure your party didn't clash with a Hibs game. 😁

Oi .... Hibs had two weeks to realise my birthday was that day and tell the TV folk they couldn't play on Friday ... I claimed the date before they did :greengrin

Since452
26-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Make no mistake. Inverness will be bang up for Friday with their ex Hearts contingent. We will need to be at the top of our game

Kato
26-02-2020, 01:02 PM
We should never lose to a football team that has McHattie in it, ever. :agree:Weird, thought he'd be at Juve or Bayern by now given the predictions of how good he'd be a few years back.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Since452
26-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Weird, thought he'd be at Juve or Bayern by now given the predictions of how good he'd be a few years back.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Him and Callum Tapping were the greatest young players the world has ever seen

JimBHibees
26-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Him and Callum Tapping were the greatest young players the world has ever seen

I thought Keena was meant to be the next big thing just before he moved to non-league Hartlepool.

Peevemor
26-02-2020, 01:44 PM
I thought Keena was meant to be the next big thing just before he moved to non-league Hartlepool.

I thought it was Hairy Cockring, until he was farmed out to Dunfermline where he wasn't very good before being recalled and not played.

erin go bragh
26-02-2020, 03:54 PM

Hope Newall has recovered. Feel we really missed his deliveries on Sat . Offers so much going forward.
Caley will be no mugs as they have already put out Livingston.

Green_one
26-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Make no mistake. Inverness will be bang up for Friday with their ex Hearts contingent. We will need to be at the top of our game

Agreed but we have some advantages beyond being in the top 6 of a higher league

+ Playing at home. Inverness might have been sticky.

+ ICT played away on Tuesday. That must give us better legs

+ Although they have some reasonable players, they also have some poor ones.

I think the Dundee United game gives us an indication of how it should go. Best we get the first goal this time :cb

Keith_M
26-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Looking forward to this and just hope it's an open match, both teams trying to play football... and the weather's half decent.

Hibeesmad
26-02-2020, 05:35 PM
I thought it was Hairy Cockring, until he was farmed out to Dunfermline where he wasn't very good before being recalled and not played.

I thought Sam Nicholson, but it seems he's just good at grabbing his bollocks.

Jim44
26-02-2020, 05:46 PM
I always err on the side of caution when predicting our results and performances, but on this occasion, I disagree with those who are saying that we are in for a really tough game. If we turn up, I think we will win hands down.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2020, 09:51 AM
Was looking through the SFA site, looking for dates, if this went to a replay (hopefully not)
Can’t see anything

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2020, 12:19 PM
whens the draw for the semi final 😁😁

Billy Whizz
27-02-2020, 12:20 PM
whens the draw for the semi final 😁😁

After the Saints v St Johnstone 1/4 Final on Sunday

CapitalGreen
27-02-2020, 12:22 PM
Easy victory for the good guys, 4-1 to Hibs.

JimBHibees
27-02-2020, 12:22 PM

Buddies v Dons

JimBHibees
27-02-2020, 12:24 PM

:greengrin

inglisavhibs
27-02-2020, 12:42 PM

It didn't look like that in their game last week. Looked a close contest which could have gone either way. All cup tie's require the correct attitude from the off.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2020, 12:44 PM

just noticed st.mirren v aberdeen is a sat night ko 7:20

but anyway, my preference is st.mirren in the semi and st.johnstone in the final, st.johnstone to receive 8k tickets and us 40k

Tambo
27-02-2020, 12:44 PM
Could this be a first time that every game we play in the scottish cup would be on the telly, that's of we get to the semis and final??

Peevemor
27-02-2020, 12:46 PM
Could this be a first time that every game we play in the scottish cup would be on the telly, that's of we get to the semis and final??

No. There have been times when where we've been knocked out in the 3rd/4th round (our first) and it's been televised.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Buddies v Dons

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-sixth-round-preview/?rid=14258

Saints v Celtic

JimBHibees
27-02-2020, 12:59 PM
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-sixth-round-preview/?rid=14258

Saints v Celtic

Ok ta too many Saintly teams :greengrin

Hibeesmad
27-02-2020, 01:28 PM
Hopefully a Rangers pumping on Hearts to dent their confidence even further going into Tuesday.

Saint Hibee
27-02-2020, 03:41 PM

Whatever happened to him?

JimBHibees
27-02-2020, 07:00 PM

In States MLS think Minnesota or something like that.

Ronniekirk
27-02-2020, 07:11 PM
Needs to be an improvement on Livi Gaston performance They have nothing to loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
27-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Looking forward to it.

Couple of pints straight from work then a game under the lights. Happy Friday.

PatHead
27-02-2020, 07:25 PM

Dundee United replay wasn't live, was it?

Gmack7
27-02-2020, 07:42 PM
The man who ran the other way better no blot his legendary status

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Dundee United replay wasn't live, was it?
It was for me and it was blummin cold!

theonlywayisup
27-02-2020, 10:00 PM

Plays for Major League Soccer club Colorado Rapids.

Alex Trager
27-02-2020, 10:05 PM
I am actually pretty nervous about tomorrow.

We were so poor on Saturday, I suppose I should look to the fact we were poor and we never got beat, but still I fear it is a big banana skin waiting to be stepped on.

Hopefully Newell is back, we are a far better side with him in it. If he is I will feel a lot more confident.

Just seen JR’s interview. He has confirmed Newell is out. That is a worry. We missed his quality last week.

The players have to have the right mindset. I suspect they will.

I am not sure why I am so worried to be honest, but I am.

The 90+2
27-02-2020, 11:23 PM

We tried to get him in last window.

Brightside
28-02-2020, 06:47 AM

You mean January? We didn’t.

flash
28-02-2020, 07:26 AM
Looking forward to tonight's match. Great opportunity to make the later stages of the greatest Cup competition on the planet.

calumhibee1
28-02-2020, 07:51 AM
Looking forward to this tonight. Hopefully a comfortable win and then the easiest draw in the next round and getting played on the Saturday as I’m away on holiday on the Sunday :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 07:56 AM
Oi .... Hibs had two weeks to realise my birthday was that day and tell the TV folk they couldn't play on Friday ... I claimed the date before they did :greengrin

Happy 60 th Birthday mate

:partyhibb

Many hibby returns

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2020, 08:20 AM

Tried to get him what?

Ronniekirk
28-02-2020, 08:31 AM
Looking forward to this tonight. Hopefully a comfortable win and then the easiest draw in the next round and getting played on the Saturday as I’m away on holiday on the Sunday :greengrin

If we go through Hope it’s the Sunday as I can’t manage the Saturday

Ronniekirk
28-02-2020, 08:35 AM
I am actually pretty nervous about tomorrow.

We were so poor on Saturday, I suppose I should look to the fact we were poor and we never got beat, but still I fear it is a big banana skin waiting to be stepped on.

Hopefully Newell is back, we are a far better side with him in it. If he is I will feel a lot more confident.

Just seen JR’s interview. He has confirmed Newell is out. That is a worry. We missed his quality last week.

The players have to have the right mindset. I suspect they will.

I am not sure why I am so worried to be honest, but I am.

Probably because they have nothing to loose and at times will just go for it When Livi had the better possession and we were under pressure we resorted to defending deep and clearing g the ball straightvto one of thier players At times like that we always look like we could concede
We need to find the form we had v Ross County
And don’t want it going to Penalties

ballengeich
28-02-2020, 08:50 AM
They're a decent team and have coped better than I thought they might with having sold their two central defenders in January, but we're at home to the only non-premier team still in the cup, so we couldn't have got a better opportunity.

PatHead
28-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Probably because they have nothing to loose and at times will just go for it When Livi had the better possession and we were under pressure we resorted to defending deep and clearing g the ball straightvto one of thier players At times like that we always look like we could concede
We need to find the form we had v Ross County
And don’t want it going to Penalties

Goes to a replay, not penalties.

Greenworld
28-02-2020, 01:08 PM
If this ****** rain continues it will lucky to be on

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

flash
28-02-2020, 01:08 PM

And we're off.

Eyrie
28-02-2020, 01:36 PM

We have a good pitch that can cope with this afternoon's rain and it's forecast to stop before kick off.

Even if it doesn't I'll be dressed appropriately so won't care.

Greenworld
28-02-2020, 01:43 PM
And we're off.Where u off too

Hiber-nation
28-02-2020, 01:54 PM
Where u off too

There's some light drizzle and it's a bit dull. We've had games on in torrential rain and 60 mph winds!