PDA

View Full Version : Where should the family section be at Easter Road?

Steven79
25-02-2020, 01:11 PM
Famous Five Lower or Upper or either corner in the West Lower?

Or should it be Cat B season tickets in the South Lower (East side)

linlithgowhibbie
25-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Famous Five Lower or Upper or either corner in the West Lower?

Or should it be Cat B season tickets in the South Lower (East side)

I'd go with South upper and/or lower depending on demand, Upper first to let the kids have some shelter from the rain

Cataplana
25-02-2020, 01:17 PM
What's wrong with where it is? It seems others have their eye on that section of the ground though.

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2020, 01:19 PM
I haven't voted because what is the obvious choice for me, the north end of the east, isn't included.

Hibbyradge
25-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Where's the "do away with it altogether" option?

I've recently learned that it would be a popular choice. :wink:

North end of the East for me.

MyJo
25-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Make the FF Upper the family section with a family ticket pricing option but not with the dirt cheap £25 tickets that never actually get used. Offer those tickets at that price in the north end sections of the east and west stands only.

then make the FF lower safe standing

In addition to that offer category B season tickets for the east half of the south stand with a free category B kids season ticket with every adult ticket bought and first dibs on tickets in the home end for category A matches.

Waxy
25-02-2020, 01:32 PM
Lower west, north end.

Onceinawhile
25-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Make the FF Upper the family section with a family ticket pricing option but not with the dirt cheap £25 tickets that never actually get used. Offer those tickets at that price in the north end sections of the east and west stands only.

In addition to that offer category B season tickets for the east half of the south stand with a free category B kids season ticket with every adult ticket bought and first dibs on tickets in the home end for category A matches.

There isn't any £25 tickets.

Jones28
25-02-2020, 01:40 PM
I don’t think there should be one really, kids sit all over the stadium regardless.

However that won’t be popular so I would introduce a category B season ticket for the east side of the Dunbar end and allow those who wish to upgrade to Cat A games to do so before releasing tickets for general sale.

Yuillsy
25-02-2020, 01:41 PM

In addition to that offer category B season tickets for the east half of the south stand with a free category B kids season ticket with every adult ticket bought and first dibs on tickets in the home end for category A matches.The prices changed this season. The adults prices are the same as everywhere else in the ground. The kids doubled in price from £25 to £50.
When my renewal came out last season I thought about moving as a child season ticket was £85 for the other parts of the ground.
I've got 2 adults and 2 kids so I'm saving £70 compared with the same tickets elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JXM73
25-02-2020, 01:43 PM
Cat b in south, or do away with altogether, section 2 of west lower has loads of families in it...

B.H.F.C
25-02-2020, 01:43 PM
I don’t think there should be one really, kids sit all over the stadium regardless.

However that won’t be popular so I would introduce a category B season ticket for the east side of the Dunbar end and allow those who wish to upgrade to Cat A games to do so before releasing tickets for general sale.

Think that’s a good suggestion and, particularly for the Cat A games, would mean seats sold were going to be used.

Peevemor
25-02-2020, 01:53 PM
I think that those proposing South stand cat B only are underestimating the effect this will have on the adults/parents who want to attend all matches without having to change seats.

Some may not bother at all while others may simply leave the kids at home and take a classic ST elsewhere.

Also kids look froward to cat A matches as much as, if not more, than anyone else - hence the reason they have their own section to watch the big games in safety and comfort.

A family's for life - not just for cat B matches.

hibsmad
25-02-2020, 02:06 PM
I mentioned in the other thread already.

Family tickets - Two options. First option is full season tickets in the Dunbar end of the West. Second option would be a ST that wouldn't include cat A games in the East side of the Dunber lower.

Sining section could then go in FFL.

We need to try to fill the bottom tiers behind each goal. As it is there are far too many empty seats when viewing on TV. This won't be helping us sell the Hibernian brand.

Peevemor
25-02-2020, 02:09 PM
I mentioned in the other thread already.

Family tickets - Two options. First option is full season tickets in the Dunbar end of the West. Second option would be a ST that wouldn't include cat A games in the East side of the Dunber lower.

Sining section could then go in FFL.

We need to try to fill the bottom tiers behind each goal. As it is there are far too many empty seats when viewing on TV. This won't be helping us sell the Hibernian brand.

That might work, but I think that family ST no-shows are more down to evening matches, moved kick-off times and matches being televised than whether the match is category A or B.

wookie70
25-02-2020, 02:17 PM
I'd offer a Cat B season ticket for kids under 12 in areas of the ground that usually aren't occupied for Cat B games for free if accompanied by an adult ST holder. I'd then allow those STs to get their Cat A seats for slightly more than an adult ticket. For 12-18 I would offer a £75 Cat B season ticket for anywhere in the ground if accompanied by an adult and allow a parent and child price of a fiver more than an adult ticket for Cat As.

I've bought both my kids STs since they were 6 or 7. As soon as the youngest didn't qualify for the £25 ticket we moved to the West. My son still gets a youth ticket and only goes to 4 or 5 games due to work and sport. If I was struggling for cash his ticket would not have been renewed and I suspect that is a fairly common occurrence. he will always be a Hibby but I suspect when he hits 18 he won't attend many games. It is vital we keep kids going until they get their first adult season ticket. If we lose them earlier they might never come back as a ST holder. Given most Cat B games are nowhere near a sell out I don't think we have much to lose.

hibsmad
25-02-2020, 02:25 PM
That might work, but I think that family ST no-shows are more down to evening matches, moved kick-off times and matches being televised than whether the match is category A or B.

I agree with that. I'm not suggesting otherwise.

A problem we have is that for many non cat A matches we have virtually no one behind the goals in the Dunbar end. On Sat, Sky Sports News kept showing the highlights and it looked like the ground was virtually empty.

We need to be a bit creative with how to fill those seats as no one is going to swap their East, West or FFU seats for those ones. Make them cheap family tickets and at least get some people scattered through them.

There would still be full family ST's available in the West so people currently in the FFL (I'm one of them) would have the option.

Bobo
25-02-2020, 02:40 PM
I think any family section should be located in section 37 in the East Stand.

Suggestions for cat B seats in the South isn't a bad shout, the upper & lower east side (sections 31 & 26)could be used for at least 11 games a season, maybe worth a try.

Swedish hibee
25-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Should you not ask the families where they want to sit?

Carheenlea
25-02-2020, 02:47 PM
I think any family section should be located in section 37 in the East Stand.

Suggestions for cat B seats in the South isn't a bad shout, the upper & lower east side (sections 31 & 26)could be used for at least 11 games a season, maybe worth a try.

Think you’ve just looked at where the worst seats are in Easter Road and thought “that’ll do ‘em”

Jones28
25-02-2020, 02:57 PM
Should you not ask the families where they want to sit?

They’re all over the place though, even when a family section has been in operation for as long as I can remember.

Harpandcastle
25-02-2020, 03:09 PM
There are probably now more kids than ever attending football. I’d do away with a dedicated family section but have adult & child packages throughout the East & West Stands.

I’d have the North stand as a non family stand - open to all who want to be a bit more boisterous and not have to watch their language in front of kids. 1800 young loons standing lower & 2000 older radges seated above.

SquashedFrogg
25-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Think you’ve just looked at where the worst seats are in Easter Road and thought “that’ll do ‘em”

You've got a point. They aren't the best of seats in terms of a view tbf.

Hibbyradge
25-02-2020, 03:17 PM
There are probably now more kids than ever attending football. I’d do away with a dedicated family section but have adult & child packages throughout the East & West Stands.

I’d have the south stand as a non family stand - open to all who want to be a bit more boisterous and not have to watch their language in front of kids. 1800 young loons standing lower & 2000 older radges seated above.

Where would you put the away fans?

Since452
25-02-2020, 03:21 PM
West lower north end. Makes complete sense. Could even have kids activities outside the main stand in sunnier weather.

SquashedFrogg
25-02-2020, 03:24 PM
Is there any point in this poll? Every poll and survey so far seems to have been discounted?

Or are we just polling until people finally get the outcome they're hoping for?

What happens if we get safe standing in the East, but singing section in FFL? Am I getting to stand safely but without any singing? 😀

Harpandcastle
25-02-2020, 03:26 PM
Where would you put the away fans?

My original post is mistaken. I’d have the North as a non family stand. The south would remain for away fans.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2020, 03:36 PM
There's plenty room for flexibility imo.

I suggested awhile back that it may be possible to accommodate both a family section and a singing section in the FF lower.

Make section 18 in it's entirety either an unofficial standing section or a safe standing section, make the back 4 or 5 rows of sections 16,17,19 and 20 the same. Then the rest of the aforementioned 4 sections could be the family section. Thus the singing section is in the FF lower where it will, it has been claimed, create an intimidating and infinitely better atmosphere. It's also been claimed kids will want to be part of this so they can have a section that is close to the noise but won't be right in the midst of it with the risks of having their view blocked etc.

I'd also consider offering Cat B family STs at a cheaper price for the Dunbar End for those who don't want to take their kids to games against the OF and Hearts. If they wish to upgrade for Cat A games they get a short priority window to do so in a stand of their choice.

I always think Scottish football isn't dynamic enough in it's pricing. When you go to an NFL game or a big horse racing meeting the sheer number of viewing and pricing options is almost intimidating. I'm not sure about elsewhere but at Hibs it almost seems a bit too simplistic. 2 family sections offering different environments, pricing and packages would be a step in the right direction imo.

Bobo
25-02-2020, 03:50 PM

Aye ok, if you say so 🙄 I thought this was a discussion board?

It doesn't bother me one way or another if the family section remains where it is. Only the club can determine where they think the best location for the family section should be, what they ultimately decide upon isn't going to be greatly influenced by the numerous conflicting opinions of the support, especially those who aren't directly affected by the proposals behind any future relocation.

Irrespective of where the family section is eventually located, it will still only offer the simple choice of either using what's on offer, or not. It's a question requiring an individual response but has so many varying opinions from so many people.

Unfortunately you're never going to please everyone so maybe the club should just publicly make their decision and stick with it?

Blaster
25-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Is it just me or is putting the family section in the south stand beside the away fans not a bit daft. Appreciate the suggestions are possibly category B but there can still be bams amongst those clubs and we want our youngest fans to walk through them before and after the game

Just offer family price across the whole stadium and let parents decide where’s best for them

GreenNWhiteArmy
25-02-2020, 04:02 PM
Behind the goals. Either upper or lower tier of FF where there is no restricted view for kids. Do the players still do autographs for kids during the warm up these days?? Not been in early since I was a Hibs Kid myself with my autograph book - loved it!!

Having SS and family section in lower is possible. We must be able to determine how many times, each ticket has been scanned in a year? Find out the true count of families in attendance, and move them around so that the SS can have their much desired spot (I agree that SS should be "down that way" but my personal preference would be the first couple of sections in the East north side)

The club will have unhappy fans on their hands either way. I feel this is a situation that will arise time and again because of A) the state of the FF lower and B) SS desire to secure that area for themselves. A Q&A session (imo) with supporters or a survey through official channels would alleviate the situation

JeMeSouviens
25-02-2020, 04:07 PM
I think if we're going to have cheap adult&child deals there should be a certain number available but they can sit anywhere they like.

H18 SFR
25-02-2020, 04:10 PM
I sometimes get the impression that the family section and the singing section, in equal measures, are not wanted by some at Easter Road.

Scouse Hibee
25-02-2020, 04:16 PM
No need for a dedicated family section, a limited amount of family tickets available in every stand is my preference.

DH1875
25-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Cat B in the south defo the way to go.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Is it just me or is putting the family section in the south stand beside the away fans not a bit daft. Appreciate the suggestions are possibly category B but there can still be bams amongst those clubs and we want our youngest fans to walk through them before and after the game

Just offer family price across the whole stadium and let parents decide where’s best for them

You can exit and enter the South from behind the East stand.

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2020, 04:25 PM
fill the corner in between the East and FF and make that the family section,sorted,build it and they will come i say

but for goodness sake put an end to mega spaces behind that goal,it looks bad, unless of course the club don't mind the three home stands listening to a pretty noisy south stand with just 200-300 in it

Peevemor
25-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Cat B in the south defo the way to go.Do they not merit the right to their own seats for Cat A matches?

Peevemor
25-02-2020, 04:30 PM
No need for a dedicated family section, a limited amount of family tickets available in every stand is my preference.I agree with this.

Renfrew_Hibby
25-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Anywhere but the FF lower but will common sense ever prevail?

Hopefully with Mr Gordon's knowledge of S.American football he will address this issue soon.
Would love to see the FF lower packed out with 2000 boisterous Hibbies. It would change the dynamics of the match day atmosphere completely.
Stick netting up as in Germany and bobs yer uncle.

Jones28
25-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Do they not merit the right to their own seats for Cat A matches?

They could upgrade wherever they want for Cat A games.

McKenzie
25-02-2020, 05:14 PM
West lower. Beside the tunnel and end where hibs warm up giving ample opportunity for autographs and photos.

Peevemor
25-02-2020, 05:16 PM
They could upgrade wherever they want for Cat A games.Not in their own seats.

hibbyfraelibby
25-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Apart from the Cat A games they should be in the South Stand East side. They should also be allocated first preference seats in the southernmost part of the East (section 45?) as its just a half section for Cat A games at full price less say 10% discount and if they do not take up their preference those seats can be released to the glorious un- washed walk ups.

Then I'd put rail seats in the West Lower and the FFL at a premium price.

Peevemor
25-02-2020, 05:25 PM
I disagree with treating those in the family section like 2nd class citizens who have to shift for the big games.

Jones28
25-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Not in their own seats.

No, but at a discounted rate they could choose any other un-occupied seat in the stadium?

SquashedFrogg
25-02-2020, 05:45 PM
I sometimes get the impression that the family section and the singing section, in equal measures, are not wanted by some at Easter Road.

I think they are both wanted. But one section now want to move again. Thus, absolute carnage on .net

PatHead
25-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Anywhere but the FF lower but will common sense ever prevail?

Hopefully with Mr Gordon's knowledge of S.American football he will address this issue soon.
Would love to see the FF lower packed out with 2000 boisterous Hibbies. It would change the dynamics of the match day atmosphere completely.
Stick netting up as in Germany and bobs yer uncle.

Is there 2,000 fans who would want to go in the Famous 5 lower? A lot of the original section didn't want to move previously as they didn't want to be behind the goals.

Kojock
25-02-2020, 06:08 PM
I disagree with treating those in the family section like 2nd class citizens who have to shift for the big games.

Totally agree with this. The reason for a family section is so that children can attend the football without being exposed to the industrial language etc.

jacomo
25-02-2020, 06:10 PM
West lower. Beside the tunnel and end where hibs warm up giving ample opportunity for autographs and photos.

:agree:

cmcd
25-02-2020, 07:04 PM
:agree:

I sit in the FFL but I'm not averse to moving to the upper

Yuillsy
25-02-2020, 07:15 PM
No, but at a discounted rate they could choose any other un-occupied seat in the stadium?But then trying to find a family unoccupied seats altogether in another stand is an absolute nightmare.

Maz
25-02-2020, 07:26 PM
Plenty fans were forced to move from the FF Lower this season as they were told this was to be exclusive to families only and if you didn’t have kids then you could no longer sit there. We were then led to believe there was a waiting list of people ready to move in and fill this stand every match. It’s now obvious to everyone this wasn’t the case hence the numerous empty seats every match. I know of some people who had sat there for years and couldn’t find any suitable seats anywhere else in the stadium (mobility problems) and as far as I know had to give up their ST. An own goal by the Club on this occasion I’m afraid.

Skol
25-02-2020, 07:37 PM
I fully expect to get shot down for this question - but what do Hearts do? Have they a similar issue and how do they deal with it?

My view is that the best place for a family section is where it currently is. Unfortunately another group also think thats where is best for them to be and wants the families moved.

Andy74
25-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Plenty fans were forced to move from the FF Lower this season as they were told this was to be exclusive to families only and if you didn’t have kids then you could no longer sit there. We were then led to believe there was a waiting list of people ready to move in and fill this stand every match. It’s now obvious to everyone this wasn’t the case hence the numerous empty seats every match. I know of some people who had sat there for years and couldn’t find any suitable seats anywhere else in the stadium (mobility problems) and as far as I know had to give up their ST. An own goal by the Club on this occasion I’m afraid.

The seats are sold. Lots of reasons why kids don’t attend every game though. There’s no real shortage of tickets available for other areas. Lower behind the goals is not generally sought after view wise.

Singers should be in the East. Always have been.

Nicho87
25-02-2020, 07:43 PM
Famous five upper and lower. 2 blocks in each

WhileTheChief..
25-02-2020, 07:49 PM
There’s kids in all parts of the stadium.

Is the family section there for cheaper tickets or to try and avoid swearing etc?

Just wondering why folk are so keen on having it.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2020, 07:59 PM
The seats are sold. Lots of reasons why kids don’t attend every game though. There’s no real shortage of tickets available for other areas. Lower behind the goals is not generally sought after view wise.

Singers should be in the East. Always have been.

When I was growing up, the place to be was behind the goal at the famous five end. It's not always been in the east, only been there for you youngsters.And when they moved us from behind the goal,Nobody asked or had a survey, they just punted us out and it was take it or leave it.

Yuillsy
25-02-2020, 08:08 PM
There’s kids in all parts of the stadium.

Is the family section there for cheaper tickets or to try and avoid swearing etc?

Just wondering why folk are so keen on having it.The tickets in the FFL for kids are £50 compared with £85 in the rest of the stadium. Having sat there for a few seasons now there's absolutely no way you're avoiding swearing!!

allezsauzee
25-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Don't see what the problem is with it's current location. Moving it is just going to cause a lot of disruption.