PDA

View Full Version : Gullan

HibeeHibernian4
23-02-2020, 11:10 PM
Did anyone else think Gullan was playing far too deep when he came on at the weekend?

The boy just bagged four for the development team against Huddersfield, and yet a couple of times he was almost playing as a sweeper at the back.

Confused the hell out of me, was I getting my shirt numbers wrong or was this something that others picked up on? :confused:

JOD
23-02-2020, 11:41 PM
Not a problem 1st team experience getting oan the park is still good for him.

:agree:

BILLYHIBS
24-02-2020, 05:08 AM
Expected him to be an out and out Striker after his four goals versus Huddersfield Town a straight swap for McNulty was my first thought but then with Doidge McNulty The Hammer and then Horgan on together with Boyle I thought HIBS must be going for it

Sat left of midfield looked stockier than I imagined and never got to see his hammer of a shot :confused:

CMurdoch
24-02-2020, 07:20 PM
I think this kid has a chance, has the right build, made an impression at Raith etc etc whereas Fraser Murrey appears to be no better than Sam Stanton.
Hope they both make it but my money is on Gullan.

Unseen work
24-02-2020, 07:36 PM
I think this kid has a chance, has the right build, made an impression at Raith etc etc whereas Fraser Murrey appears to be no better than Sam Stanton.
Hope they both make it but my money is on Gullan.

Stanton was quite a bit ahead of Murray imo.

ancient hibee
24-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Gullan came on for Slivka.Therefore he was playing further back.

BoomtownHibees
24-02-2020, 07:51 PM
Gullan came on for Slivka.Therefore he was playing further back.

It wasn’t a like for like swap though. If I remember rightly he came on and we changed shape with Gullan playing off the left until Horgan came on and he was then moved more central

CMurdoch
24-02-2020, 07:53 PM
Stanton was quite a bit ahead of Murray imo.

Where does that leave Murray?
I liked Sam but look at him now. Thought he would have become a fixture at Dundee Utd.
I'm happy that Ross knows what he is doing and if the guys have what it takes they will make it.
Such a brutal business.

Onceinawhile
24-02-2020, 08:43 PM
I liked Sam but look at him now. Thought he would have become a fixture at Dundee Utd.
I'm happy that Ross knows what he is doing and if the guys have what it takes they will make it.
Such a brutal business.

He was a fixture at Dundee utd, but wanted to head to the USA.

bigwheel
24-02-2020, 08:54 PM

Not really. Was in and out of the team ....

Keyser Sauzee
24-02-2020, 08:54 PM

He was told to find a new team by Neilson

Billy Whizz
24-02-2020, 09:01 PM
He was told to find a new team by Neilson

Robbie failed at MK dons

BILLYHIBS
24-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Robbie failed at MK dons

Looks as though he is taking the Arabs up at long last

greenlex
24-02-2020, 10:48 PM
Such a brutal business.
Look at him now. Off to the States?

Haymaker
25-02-2020, 01:14 AM
Look at him now. Off to the States?

Phoenix in the 2nd tier. :agree:

MrRobot
25-02-2020, 09:45 AM
Would quite like to see him get a start upfront soon.

calumhibee1
25-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Would quite like to see him get a start upfront soon.

Although McNulty has a good record since he came back his performances haven’t particularly impressed me. Would be hard to drop him just now though because he does have the goals and there’s no way Doidge would be dropping out.

I wouldn’t be against him getting a go ahead of McNulty if his performances don’t pick up though.

The Leith Dutch
25-02-2020, 10:28 AM
Although McNulty has a good record since he came back his performances haven’t particularly impressed me. Would be hard to drop him just now though because he does have the goals and there’s no way Doidge would be dropping out.

I wouldn’t be against him getting a go ahead of McNulty if his performances don’t pick up though.

The problem with that for me is that McNulty contributes a lot of intelligent play - work off the ball and clever runs - that even if they don't come off are an important part of us playing better.
Much of that comes from experience which Gullan just won't have. Granted he needs to get that experience somehow but I don't think he's remotely near a starting role for Hibs injury notwithstanding.

He's earned the right to be on the bench with goals outside the first team - he now needs to bang the door down with goals for the first team in the limited opportunities he gets to be considered worth a start. Harsh but that's the game - you either grab any chance you get with both hands or you drift down the divisions or out of football altogether.

MrRobot
25-02-2020, 11:25 AM

:agree:

Completely agree mate. Based on his goals for the development squad, I think he deserves a shot ahead of McNulty at the moment.