PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg

Hamish
23-02-2020, 07:24 PM
Appointed Newcastle u23 boss during the week.

Seems to be highly thought of.

jacomo
23-02-2020, 07:29 PM

Nice, good luck to him.

Since452
23-02-2020, 07:29 PM

Liked Hogg. Part of one of the most exciting Hibs sides in my lifetime

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 07:49 PM
Liked Hogg not the tallest for a centre half / sweeper but always gave his all 100% never let us down

Good luck to him

Auckland Hibs
23-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Liked Hogg not the tallest for a centre half / sweeper but always gave his all 100% never let us down

Good luck to him

Reminds me of Porto in a number of ways.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-02-2020, 08:30 PM
One of my favourite players. Great partnership with Jones in the middle of defence. Hung out to dry a bit IMO when played at right back, but you could tell that it was pulling on the shirt that mattered most.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 08:31 PM

Smaller than Porto and more skilful probably read the game better as was experienced and showed more composure

These things will hopefully come to Porto given time

Jones28
23-02-2020, 09:22 PM
I like him a lot. One of my favourite players in recent times.

jacomo
24-02-2020, 05:37 AM

Other than both being right footed centre backs, not so similar in playing style.

More like Paul, frequently criticised for being ‘soft’ but part of a cup winning team and probably under rated.

Kato
24-02-2020, 06:38 AM
Reminds me of Porto in a number of ways.More like Geebsy, in fact a clone.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
24-02-2020, 06:58 AM
More like Geebsy, in fact a clone.

Geebsy was very quick over 20 yards and as hard as nails

Kato
24-02-2020, 07:03 AM
Geebsy was very quick over 20 yards and as hard as nailsLoved 'um.

Speedway
24-02-2020, 07:07 AM
Unloved on .net and unloved by the east terrace with whom he had to come over to mid-match and tell them to wrap it.

A fairly average player but a loyal and hard working one.

The 90+2
24-02-2020, 07:40 AM
Good luck. Hoggy.

Cup winner and captain. Had it tough with injuries. He always had a fantastic attitude.

calumhibee1
24-02-2020, 07:50 AM
Can’t believe so many people are declaring he’s one of their favourite players :greengrin

Quite liked the guy but I’d forgotten all about him tbh. Good luck to him, decent player and a good professional. Maybe one to remember when we’re next looking for a manager!

lyonhibs
24-02-2020, 08:02 AM
Decent player, gave his all but did confuse himself with Beckenbauer sometimes with the balls out from the back he tried sometimes.

24-02-2020, 09:55 AM
Great to see a former player doing well. Like others have said part if a great partnership with Rob Jones.

Only met him in person the once, at a player of the year dinner, and came across as a decent guy.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-02-2020, 10:03 AM
Decent player, gave his all but did confuse himself with Beckenbauer sometimes with the balls out from the back he tried sometimes.

Nowt wrong with tying stuff tho’- won’t always come off but I we all played super safe percentages the game would be a lot poorer - so what if Scotty’s passes don’t always work out?

Smartie
24-02-2020, 11:33 AM
Was it the first half of Yogi’s season that saw us with the best defensive record in the UK?

He struck up a very decent understanding with Sol Bamba at CH in that team, better than the one he had with Jones.

Hogg was a good player with good players around him but looked a bit ordinary as the talent was sold off around him.

The 90+2
24-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Was it the first half of Yogi’s season that saw us with the best defensive record in the UK?

He struck up a very decent understanding with Sol Bamba at CH in that team, better than the one he had with Jones.

Hogg was a good player with good players around him but looked a bit ordinary as the talent was sold off around him.

Caldwerwood threw him in front of a bus because he was clueless the year after he had his best season for us. We the. Had that Dickoh (so?) at the back and he was murder.

.Sean.
24-02-2020, 08:22 PM
He was outstanding the year he won POTY - 07/08?

superfurryhibby
24-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Unloved on .net and unloved by the east terrace with whom he had to come over to mid-match and tell them to wrap it.

A fairly average player but a loyal and hard working one.

This...

Hogg got a lot about of stick during his time at Hibs. He was nothing like Hunter or Porteous in his style either. He complimented the rather more robust style of Jones and they were a decent enough partnership.

Pleased to hear that a cup winning Hibee is doing well, good luck to him.

eastterrace
24-02-2020, 09:20 PM
Was adjudged to have fouled the Dunfermline player by Craig Thompson in the cup semi giving them a last minute penalty. I wonder what Chris thinks about that decision as I didn’t think it was a pen but a certain mr Thompson did.

Auckland Hibs
25-02-2020, 07:24 AM
Was adjudged to have fouled the Dunfermline player by Craig Thompson in the cup semi giving them a last minute penalty. I wonder what Chris thinks about that decision as I didn’t think it was a pen but a certain mr Thompson did.

Still have nightmares about that penalty - still makes my blood boil.

Watched it in F3K in West London, got completely smashed after the game and called in sick the next day.

BILLYHIBS
25-02-2020, 07:41 AM
Found this poor quality so go to 4.40

I think the pen was what Jase was trying to do versus Dundee United

https://youtu.be/W4ftlSzAtPY

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-02-2020, 08:52 AM
Can’t believe so many people are declaring he’s one of their favourite players :greengrin

Quite liked the guy but I’d forgotten all about him tbh. Good luck to him, decent player and a good professional. Maybe one to remember when we’re next looking for a manager!

That's symptomatic of the time that he came into the team perhaps. Mowbray's first season and the bounce from the golden generation made it great time to be a Hibs fan. Similarly, from the McLeish side, Gary Smith was then, and still is now, one of my favourite players, but soon he will be a "who " also.

BILLYHIBS
25-02-2020, 09:56 AM
That's symptomatic of the time that he came into the team perhaps. Mowbray's first season and the bounce from the golden generation made it great time to be a Hibs fan. Similarly, from the McLeish side, Gary Smith was then, and still is now, one of my favourite players, but soon he will be a "who " also.

Gary Smith was a good solid player arrived unheralded never let us down

calumhibee1
25-02-2020, 09:58 AM

That’s true and strangely enough I also really liked Gary Smith, as ‘unfashionable’ as he was.

jacomo
25-02-2020, 10:03 AM
That’s true and strangely enough I also really liked Gary Smith, as ‘unfashionable’ as he was.

:agree:

Likeable player and very good servant to the club.

Proof that a good team needs its grafters as well as its creators.

ScottB
26-02-2020, 06:10 AM
:agree:

Likeable player and very good servant to the club.

Proof that a good team needs its grafters as well as its creators.

Water carriers, Zidane called them I think!

JimBHibees
26-02-2020, 06:12 AM
Water carriers, Zidane called them I think!

Cantona said that about Deschamps