PDA

View Full Version : Christian Doidge

Unseen work
23-02-2020, 05:40 PM
The big man scored again yesterday taking his goal tally to 17 in 35 games which is something I’m sure none of us expected after the first couple of months.

A minimum of 11 games left could easy see him finish on 20-25 goals if he continues his current strike rate.

With the hot streak he is on and a good chance he will get called up to the Wales squad, alot of teams will be keeping a keen eye on him.

The question is, will we be able to hold on to him this summer? A lot of English clubs will already have knowledge of him and his scoring record here and any potential call up would only bring him to their attention even more.

If we were to sell him, what sort of fee would we be looking at?

MWHIBBIES
23-02-2020, 05:46 PM
Should be offering him a new deal now.

The Count
23-02-2020, 05:47 PM
If we got a good bid in the summer i would sell him.He has done well no doubt but still not convinced it will last.I know many will disagree but if its a knock out but grab it and reinvest in our squad.

Peevemor
23-02-2020, 05:47 PM
IIRC he's on a 3 year contract.

I don't think he'll attract any daft bids in the summer that will temp Hibs to part company with him.

If he manages 20 goals next season then we'll probably sell him for a good price during the summer of 2021.

The 90+2
23-02-2020, 05:59 PM
If we got a good bid in the summer i would sell him.He has done well no doubt but still not convinced it will last.I know many will disagree but if its a knock out but grab it and reinvest in our squad.

Vegan Nish is brilliant. No danger we would replace with better.

superfurryhibby
23-02-2020, 05:59 PM

Ridic, why sell and reinvest when we already have a goalscoring forward? This place can get pretty daft at times, quality nonsense.

The 90+2
23-02-2020, 06:00 PM

I don't think he'll attract any daft bids in the summer that will temp Hibs to part company with him.

If he manages 20 goals next season then we'll probably sell him for a good price during the summer of 2021.

If he gets in the Wales squad for the Euros it might be different.

DarlingtonHibee
23-02-2020, 06:02 PM

What makes you think it won't last?

One Day
23-02-2020, 06:03 PM
If he gets in the Wales squad for the Euros it might be different.

Surely someone in the Wales F A has noticed him

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-02-2020, 06:09 PM
I don't mind bids for our players. Shows that they are doing something right. Flo isn't coming back in a hurry and Sparky is a loan.If there is any decent offers for Doidge in the close season, hopefully it is tied up in good time.

Keyser Sauzee
23-02-2020, 06:14 PM
He would already be on the radar of the Welsh FA after the fiasco with his Bolton move, not sure he’ll get called up for the euros tho. Wouldn’t be surprised if we do offer him a new deal but I doubt he would sign it this early. He’s having a great season with us and I imagine his agent would advise against signing anything just yet.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 06:24 PM
He is doing just fine after a shaky start

Still not 100% convinced but if he gets up to 20+ goals what’s not to like?

Useful in defence and attack links up well with others and seems to like it here

Happy with him

kaimendhibs
23-02-2020, 06:25 PM
I like him and no way should we sell him

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Count
23-02-2020, 06:27 PM
What makes you think it won't last?

Do you remembered Willie Irvine?

MWHIBBIES
23-02-2020, 06:33 PM

It is lasting, he is very good.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Do you remembered Willie Irvine?
Which one?

Peevemor
23-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Do you remembered Willie Irvine?Doidge doesn't have an equivalent of Gordon Durie setting everything up for him. They're completely different players too.

The Count
23-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Which one?

The one from Motherwell that i thought was a goal machine only to be disappointed in his second season when he turned into a headless chicken !!! Maybe he missed Jukebox and Thommo???

Since452
23-02-2020, 06:48 PM
The reported £350k looking an absolute bargain

Peevemor
23-02-2020, 06:49 PM
The one from Motherwell that i thought was a goal machine only to be disappointed in his second season when he turned into a headless chicken !!! Maybe he missed Jukebox and Thommo???His second season with us was his good one.

Tyler Durden
23-02-2020, 06:49 PM
I think Doidge is perfect for us and this league. I don’t think he’d cut it in the Championship as teams there can typically afford a number 9 who can do everything. Guys who are expected to play a lone striker role.

So realistically he could move to a top League One team but not much better IMO. I can see him staying here for 4-5 years and building on this season.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 06:50 PM
The one from Motherwell that i thought was a goal machine only to be disappointed in his second season when he turned into a headless chicken !!! Maybe he missed Jukebox and Thommo???
:agree:

There were two

One we got from Stirling Albion 2:15

One we got from Motherwell. 31: 98

Long hair shirt outside his shorts socks round his ankles scored goals for fun relied on pace but you are correct he went off the boil

Me and ma mates used to call them the good Willie Irvine and the bad Willie Irvine :greengrin

Heisenberg
23-02-2020, 07:25 PM
Folk still “not convinced” and he’s got a 1 in 2 scoring ratio. Probably be over 20 goals come the end of the season. We’ve not had a striker do that for us in the top league for years.

truehibernian
23-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Folk still “not convinced” and he’s got a 1 in 2 scoring ratio. Probably be over 20 goals come the end of the season. We’ve not had a striker do that for us in the top league for years.

What's also great to see is his attitude and never letting his head drop despite having a questionable start to his Hibs career. Seems confident in his own ability and no one can doubt his work rate. Co strikers must love having him alongside them :aok:

Northernhibee
23-02-2020, 07:31 PM
£5m and 35% sell on minimum otherwise we keep him and benefit from his goals. A goalscorer who is as consistent as Doidge doesn't come around often.

jacomo
23-02-2020, 07:32 PM

Wait... so if we get a good offer for a good player we should accept it because we might use the money to sign a good player?

I’m confused.

Since452
23-02-2020, 07:35 PM

He's on 17 already I think. Outstanding considering he had a settling in period. When did we last have a striker scoring 20+ in the Premiership? Griffiths?

The Count
23-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Wait... so if we get a good offer for a good player we should accept it because we might use the money to sign a good player?

I’m confused.

It's a team game and if it meant strengthening the team throughout i would not be against it although I appreciate that goalscorers are hard to find.

23-02-2020, 08:34 PM

I’m confused.

I take a good offer to mean selling at a decent profit. If we can then use the profit to buy another couple of players and in due course, if we can sell them at a profit, then it is a good way of growing the club. Like what Celtic do but on a smaller scale. Don't you think they'll sell Edouard if they get a good enough offer?

greenlex
23-02-2020, 08:54 PM

I’m confused.

Don’t be. It’s what all selling clubs do. Try and turn a decent profit on players.

Alex Trager
23-02-2020, 08:54 PM
He's on 17 already I think. Outstanding considering he had a settling in period. When did we last have a striker scoring 20+ in the Premiership? Griffiths?

According to Transfermarkt, he’s scored 17 in total.

11 in the league. 3 assists
4 in the scottish cup.
2 in the league cup. 1 assist

It will be interesting to see his stats by the end of the season. LG got 23 for us in the league that season. 28 total.

Hopefully bags another four over the course of the next two games.

Diego Doidge, the hat trick hero, kills hearts.

I doubt he’ll reach LG’s numbers this season but given the way he started, and the mess we were in, he’s turned it around spectacularly, and I feel delighted we have him.

Another 12 to go to beat LG. Keep it up Diego, and good luck!

ScottB
23-02-2020, 09:05 PM
A little wait and see maybe? Both Kamberi and Maclaren had similar hot streaks neither was able to replicate. We’ve seen two extremes from big Doidge so far, he’s on a 3 year deal, plenty time to see if he can maintain his form over a longer stretch!

B.H.F.C
23-02-2020, 09:16 PM
A little wait and see maybe? Both Kamberi and Maclaren had similar hot streaks neither was able to replicate. We’ve seen too extremes from big Doidge so far, he’s on a 3 year deal, plenty time to see if he can maintain his form over a longer stretch!

I think Doidge has more chance of maintaining it because, even when he’s not playing well, he always works hard. The last three or four months have been as much to do with his attitude as anything else.

As long as we keep getting the ball in to the box he’ll keep scoring because, unlike some strikers, he wants to be in there all the time.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 09:18 PM
I think Doidge has more chance of maintaining it because, even when he’s not playing well, he always works hard. The last three or four months have been as much to do with his attitude as anything else.

As long as we keep getting the ball in to the box he’ll keep scoring because, unlike some strikers, he wants to be in there all the time.

That last paragraph is exactly what the Forest Green Manager said

wookie70
23-02-2020, 09:29 PM

There was a brilliant map (https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5add632d365f02661263f497/1576117888029-B78BL0H1MH9SCABI4S0A/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kL9gQD9YaOd_AJtMqIvIMdp7gQa3H7 8H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLf rh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1US wCkYtI4JzBWj_2Ohoof7lY7fJYFTkIz5Rm-Z6xWhbmm7cT0R_dexc_UL_zbpz6JQ/Sheet+1.png?format=1000w)showing where Doidge's attempts and goals were from in and around the box. It will be a couple of goals out of date now but I don't think he has scored from much wider than the posts and further than about 10 yards. Every team should have one player that gets in these areas and the biggest reason he wasn't scoring early on in my opinion is he was doing a Grant Holt or James Collins and doing most of his work 40 yards from goal. That changed very quickly under Ross.

Peevemor
23-02-2020, 09:40 PM

As long as we keep getting the ball in to the box he’ll keep scoring because, unlike some strikers, he wants to be in there all the time.A huge part of his game is that he's hardly ever caught offside. This shows an awareness and intelligence that more than makes up for what he might lack in spectacular skills.

wpj
23-02-2020, 09:44 PM
Vegan Nish is brilliant. No danger we would replace with better.

Was pish patter now really boring pish patter. Any knickname used by only one person is desperately sad on so many levels.

CraigHibee
23-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Doidge has come good and im glad i got proven wrong, think the majority of is have

hibsbollah
23-02-2020, 09:55 PM
There was a brilliant map (https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/5add632d365f02661263f497/1576117888029-B78BL0H1MH9SCABI4S0A/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kL9gQD9YaOd_AJtMqIvIMdp7gQa3H7 8H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLf rh8O1z5QPOohDIaIeljMHgDF5CVlOqpeNLcJ80NK65_fV7S1US wCkYtI4JzBWj_2Ohoof7lY7fJYFTkIz5Rm-Z6xWhbmm7cT0R_dexc_UL_zbpz6JQ/Sheet+1.png?format=1000w)showing where Doidge's attempts and goals were from in and around the box. It will be a couple of goals out of date now but I don't think he has scored from much wider than the posts and further than about 10 yards. Every team should have one player that gets in these areas and the biggest reason he wasn't scoring early on in my opinion is he was doing a Grant Holt or James Collins and doing most of his work 40 yards from goal. That changed very quickly under Ross.

He actually scored a hattrick the week before Ross came in, which suggests he was finding his feet anyway, and personally I thought he was contributing pretty well in pre-Ross games without the goals coming. But it goes without saying that he has been scoring far more since the manager arrives and he definitely deserves some of the credit for that.

Is It On....
23-02-2020, 10:34 PM
Which one?

That's what I was going to say 🙂

Haymaker
23-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Doidge has come good and im glad i got proven wrong, think the majority of is have

:agree:

500miles
23-02-2020, 11:11 PM
Doidge never really links up with Scott Allan, which sometimes limits our play going forward. Something I'm sure the manager has noticed.

Frankhfc
24-02-2020, 12:52 AM
A terrific player. Scores goals and pops up in defence to clear crosses from corners and set pieces. His work ethic and all round contribution to the team is excellent. We took a punt on big Doidge and he's delivered in spades. Great player.

:top marks

jacomo
24-02-2020, 06:02 AM
I take a good offer to mean selling at a decent profit. If we can then use the profit to buy another couple of players and in due course, if we can sell them at a profit, then it is a good way of growing the club. Like what Celtic do but on a smaller scale. Don't you think they'll sell Edouard if they get a good enough offer?

I take the point but Celtc look to get value out of their players on the pitch first - not punting them after a good half season.

calumhibee1
24-02-2020, 07:53 AM
Brilliant player. One thingwe’ve certainly got to thank PH for is his signing!

Hibernian Verse
24-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Brilliant player. One thingwe’ve certainly got to thank PH for is his signing!

Two things, Newell.

Three things, Jackson.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Two things, Newell.

Three things, Jackson.

Naismith was doing OK too.

calumhibee1
24-02-2020, 08:32 AM
One of four things then :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
24-02-2020, 08:33 AM
I expect Hallberg to come good too

Five things 😁

G B Young
24-02-2020, 08:41 AM

Pretty sure Irvine had left Hibs before we signed Durie. Willie had a great 83/84 season when I remember him being 'known as the king of the ball'. As you say tho he didn't do so well without Bobby Thomson who landed a massive suspension for pushing a linesman.

Since452
24-02-2020, 08:52 AM
I expect Hallberg to come good too

Five things 😁

Hecky had an eye for a player there's no doubt

bigwheel
24-02-2020, 08:55 AM

I’m wondering if those who suggested the recruitment team picked the good ones and that Hecky picked the poor ones, are having to change their story ?? [emoji2]

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 08:56 AM
I’m wondering if those who suggested the recruitment team picked the good ones and that Hecky picked the poor ones, are having to change their story ?? [emoji2]

No, they'll just change who the players are attributed to.

IWasThere2016
24-02-2020, 08:56 AM

We should hold out for £25m once he wins the Ballon D'Or :greengrin

I am not convinced by the Big Man. He doesn't look a gifted footballer BUT attitude, application and determination are great assets also - and he has them.

Lang may his lum reek! :thumbsup:

Wilson
24-02-2020, 09:00 AM
No, they'll just change who the players are attribuated to.

Exactly. Recruitment team is responsible for them all. Heck was just head coach after all.... ahem.

calumhibee1
24-02-2020, 09:03 AM

:greengrin

Since452
24-02-2020, 09:09 AM

True. It's just a pity they were all written off during the league cup group stages

jeffers
24-02-2020, 09:12 AM
We should hold out for £25m once he wins the Ballon D'Or :greengrin

I am not convinced by the Big Man. He doesn't look a gifted footballer BUT attitude, application and determination are great assets also - and he has them.

Lang may his lum reek! :thumbsup:

Pretty much where I am it. I still wouldn’t be confident enough in him to finish when it really matters, but you can’t fault his effort and his goals total. Definitely deserves a lot of credit in turning things round after his less than promising start.

IncredibleHibee
24-02-2020, 09:23 AM
I think Doidge is perfect for us and this league. I don’t think he’d cut it in the Championship as teams there can typically afford a number 9 who can do everything. Guys who are expected to play a lone striker role.

So realistically he could move to a top League One team but not much better IMO. I can see him staying here for 4-5 years and building on this season.

I’d agree with this.

KingPat4
24-02-2020, 09:24 AM

We should give him a job as a scout. Terrible manager, but can spot a player.

lyonhibs
24-02-2020, 09:36 AM

How many of these goals have been league as opposed to cup goals?? All goals count of course, but I'd be extra delighted if he hits 20+ league goals by the end of this season.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2020, 09:41 AM

As long as we keep getting the ball in to the box he’ll keep scoring because, unlike some strikers, he wants to be in there all the time.[emoji106]

Great attitude on top of his habit of being in the right place at the right time, as an early critic I'm delighted to see what he can do now he's settled in.

Hugely more use to the team than Kamberi that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 09:41 AM
How many of these goals have been league as opposed to cup goals?? All goals count of course, but I'd be extra delighted if he hits 20+ league goals by the end of this season.

League 11, SC 4, LC 2

SlickShoes
24-02-2020, 09:44 AM

It would be amazing, especially since no player has got 20 league goals for the last 2 years and this year only Edouard is guaranteed to do it.

Halmyre Hibee
24-02-2020, 10:38 AM
He’s now getting the proper service. Not the greatest player in the world but goals win matches. Keep up the good work Doidgy.

jacomo
24-02-2020, 10:39 AM
[emoji106]

Great attitude on top of his habit of being in the right place at the right time, as an early critic I'm delighted to see what he can do now he's settled in.

Hugely more use to the team than Kamberi that's for sure.

He won the battle with Kamberi for that No.9 role... Kamberi asked to play out wide or as support striker and seemingly got the huff.

Bukta#8
24-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Stick him on the pens

Since452
24-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Stick him on the pens

Exactly

04Sauzee
24-02-2020, 11:23 AM

187 mins per goal in the league, assuming he plays every game this season your looking at around 18 league goals

Vault Boy
24-02-2020, 11:24 AM
Stick him on the pens

I like Christian and I'm delighted he's ended up being such a good signing for us, but I'm gonna go with the majority on the penalty taker thread and say this wouldn't end well.

If a penalty could be taken via your head, well then - sign me up.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 11:47 AM
I like Christian and I'm delighted he's ended up being such a good signing for us, but I'm gonna go with the majority on the penalty taker thread and say this wouldn't end well.

If a penalty could be taken via your head, well then - sign me up.

I was thinking the same - if he slid along the ground and hit the ball with his shoulder he'd probably score.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 11:59 AM

He's got 11 in the league with 10 games left. If he keeps scoring at a similar rate, he should raise that to at least 15.

Having said that, given that his early scoring rate was low, if he continues with his current form, he might do even better.

scoopyboy
24-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Stick him on the pens

I get in the ground early these days and I wouldn't have him on the penalties.

They do shooting exercises with Grant Murray after their wee game and Christian is one of the worst strikers of the ball.

Some of the best finishers aren't guaranteed starters however and IMHO you are better with a regular on the park as the established taker.

Don't know who I would have on the pens to be honest,

B.H.F.C
24-02-2020, 12:04 PM
Would keep it Allan. If he misses again, he’s off them. But he’s been consistent enough hitting them to stay on them.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 12:04 PM
I was thinking the same - if he slid along the ground and hit the ball with his shoulder he'd probably score.

He reminds me of one of those strikers who don't do so well when they're given too much time to think.

I'd worry that indecision would scupper his penalties.

jeffers
24-02-2020, 01:47 PM
I'd stick with Allan on penalties, but if someone else has to step up I'd not choose Doidge either, I'd give Newell a try.

The 90+2
24-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Was pish patter now really boring pish patter. Any knickname used by only one person is desperately sad on so many levels.

So much rage man.

The 90+2
24-02-2020, 01:50 PM
He won the battle with Kamberi for that No.9 role... Kamberi asked to play out wide or as support striker and seemingly got the huff.

Kamberis a ****.

superfurryhibby
24-02-2020, 02:43 PM
So much rage man.

So much attention seeking pish.

Kamberis a ****.

Doesn’t do irony obvs.

Gloucester Hibs
24-02-2020, 02:50 PM
Would keep it Allan. If he misses again, he’s off them. But he’s been consistent enough hitting them to stay on them.

This. If he misses another it’s time to think about an alternative- Boyle or maybe even Hanlon (basing this on previous penalty shootouts).

wpj
24-02-2020, 03:26 PM
Regarding penalties I would like to see JR implement some intensive penalty training for players and keepers, for some it can't be learned but can cost points as we know and can decide whether we get to a final as we all know from 2016.

The 90+2
24-02-2020, 03:30 PM
So much attention seeking pish.

Where’s the attention seeking like? I’m not going to change what I say because it annoys people like you.

Doesn’t do irony obvs.

You would know about ****ers so I guess I can’t argue there.

wpj
24-02-2020, 05:33 PM
So much rage man.

No rage "man" don't do rage just hate pish and needy attention seeking. Now I know this is appealing to your obvious trolling so I will be off now and leave you stroking your,,,,,,,,ego

Bostonhibby
24-02-2020, 06:13 PM
He won the battle with Kamberi for that No.9 role... Kamberi asked to play out wide or as support striker and seemingly got the huff.When I think of the No.9's I've had the privilege of seeing at Hibs I really hope sevco get Kamberi but pay through the nose after he tries a bit for the next couple of months then reverts to type when he finds out he's always been a Luton / Barnsley / Brentford fan.

The 90+2
24-02-2020, 06:22 PM
No rage "man" don't do rage just hate pish and needy attention seeking. Now I know this is appealing to your obvious trolling so I will be off now and leave you stroking your,,,,,,,,ego

Where’s the trolling and attention seeking “man” how also would I be “stroking my ego” because I’m getting abuse for a term I call a player that is completely inoffensive? Should I stop saying it because of the abuse some decide to give me? Why should I? You’re the one name calling, as others have. Why should I give in to bullying?

Gmack7
24-02-2020, 06:35 PM
187 mins per goal in the league, assuming he plays every game this season your looking at around 18 league goals

youve not factored in his hatrick next week against Hertz

southern hibby
24-02-2020, 09:16 PM

👏 please, please, please let this happen. But I’d take a hat trick against ICT first.

GGTTH

erin go bragh
25-02-2020, 10:33 AM
His stats in the league after Heckingbottom are much better than the above and should be used . Pretty sure his goals to games after him ,are the best in the league.

Is It On....
25-02-2020, 10:45 AM

Then we could say "all he does is score league goals against bottom 6 teams" 🙂

Tambo
27-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Wales manager Ryan Giggs is fully aware of the form of Hibernian striker Christian Doidge and admits the player is “on the radar” going into the upcoming friendlies.*

With dates set for games against Austria, USA and the Netherlands before Euro 2020, Giggs stated that the 27 year-old striker is “someone we’ll be looking at closely over the next few weeks.”

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2020, 08:05 PM
he's not scored since last saturday, poor stuff

Vault Boy
27-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Wales manager Ryan Giggs is fully aware of the form of Hibernian striker Christian Doidge and admits the player is “on the radar” going into the upcoming friendlies.*

With dates set for games against Austria, USA and the Netherlands before Euro 2020, Giggs stated that the 27 year-old striker is “someone we’ll be looking at closely over the next few weeks.”

Yas Doidge, it's gonna happen

wpj
27-02-2020, 08:22 PM

That would be brilliant for him. Be chuffed to bits for him.

Northernhibee
27-02-2020, 08:26 PM
Gives him a big lift going into the next couple of games. He'll know that if he plays as well as he had then he may get that call up.

27-02-2020, 08:27 PM

Lock up your wives, Giggsy's on his way.

The 90+2
27-02-2020, 09:36 PM
Lock up your wives, Giggsy's on his way.

He can have mines tbf. 👍

28-02-2020, 12:24 PM
Giggs comparing Doidge's rise to Jamie Vardy's.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/02/28/ryan-giggs-sees-echoes-of-the-jamie-vardy-story-in-christian-doidges-rise-to-prominence/

makaveli1875
28-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Never got his goal tonight but he was outstanding. Took a few whacks from the hammer throwers for his troubles

Peevemor
28-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Never got his goal tonight but he was outstanding. Took a few whacks from the hammer throwers for his troublesHis turn, run and pass to set up Gullan were superb.

He's involved in almost everything and is a real team player.

I really really hope he gets his dream call up.

The Spaceman
28-02-2020, 09:09 PM
He’s a real player. He offers so much more than his (17) goals for us. He’s a handful and is brilliant at holding play up as well and equally good when we are breaking at pace getting in behind. He has worked out better than the high expectations I had when he signed, which is made to be miraculous considering his form under Heckingbottom. Get this man on a longer term deal pronto.

Frankhfc
28-02-2020, 09:10 PM
His turn, run and pass to set up Gullan were superb.

Top notch sublime. It was that of a silky winger rather than the big hard working goalscoring striker that Doidge is renowed for. He's become a bit of cult hero for us. Great player.

tamig
28-02-2020, 09:12 PM
He was excellent tonight and deserved a goal. Two great assists and unfortunate with his late header that drifted just wide. Glad that he didn’t appear to suffer any damage when the red card thug raked him down the back of his leg.

Since452
28-02-2020, 09:13 PM
His assist for Gullan was magnificent

Greencore
28-02-2020, 09:13 PM

I’m confused.

Football in a nutshell

truehibernian
28-02-2020, 09:17 PM
Doidge is fast becoming one of my favourite players in this side. Work rate is tremendous, never lets his head drop, on the end of everything, gives defenders no peace at all. When he doesn't score, he's assisting, and when games are tight, he works his socks off and works off scraps at times. Love the big fella :aok:

jacomo
28-02-2020, 09:19 PM
He did well tonight. Puts in a proper shift every game.

wookie70
28-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Never got his goal tonight but he was outstanding. Took a few whacks from the hammer throwers for his troubles

I have been critical of his work rate before but I thought he was brilliant tonight. Worked so hard and a great assist to cap a real bread and butter performance. McNulty was poor but again I thought he worked really hard off the ball and that is not always the case. There is a good feel to us at the moment with players really working for their team mates. We are not able to do it for 90 mins each game but there are good signs and we definitely have a chance of another cup or a euro place. Another season with two semi finals is good going. Not happened that many time in my years watching.

Crab apple
28-02-2020, 09:40 PM
I questioned his signing but was totally wrong. Doidge is a huge asset in this team. Never stops working, good in the air and a great touch. He also likes to mix it with defenders. Fancy him to score a few on Tuesday.

tamig
28-02-2020, 10:20 PM
I have been critical of his work rate before but I thought he was brilliant tonight. Worked so hard and a great assist to cap a real bread and butter performance. McNulty was poor but again I thought he worked really hard off the ball and that is not always the case. There is a good feel to us at the moment with players really working for their team mates. We are not able to do it for 90 mins each game but there are good signs and we definitely have a chance of another cup or a euro place. Another season with two semi finals is good going. Not happened that many time in my years watching.

Even when Doidge wasn’t scoring I don’t know how anyone could question his work rate. He’s always put a shift in from day 1 imo.

wookie70
28-02-2020, 10:34 PM
Even when Doidge wasn’t scoring I don’t know how anyone could question his work rate. He’s always put a shift in from day 1 imo. He was a yard slower than he is now and to me his head was down. He lloked like he was going through the motions at times for me. Night and day since the schlaffs started rolling in and then the finishes got better and everything started to work for him.

Stevie Reid
28-02-2020, 10:40 PM
Loving Doidge more with every passing game. And I liked him a lot a few months ago.

The Harp Awakes
28-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Doidge looks the real deal. Going to score stacks more goals for us and earn us big money.

An old fashioned centre forward who works tirelessly.

.Sean.
28-02-2020, 10:49 PM
He’s brilliant. Im also man enough to say that my post regarding him (although my view was at the time how I was feeling and a frustrated reflection of loads of us at the time, and in the heat of the moment after ten pints) after the away game at Hamilton is up there with the more ridiculous posts this forum has seen over the years, bevvied or no bevvied. He’s excellent and his Merlot is most defo on me here on in.

Most of us on here had him written off as a total carthorse so shows what we know. :idiot:

B.H.F.C
28-02-2020, 10:51 PM
He’s brilliant. Im also man enough to say that my post regarding him (although my view was at the time how I was feeling and a frustrated reflection of loads of us at the time, and in the heat of the moment after ten pints) after the away game at Hamilton is up there with the more ridiculous posts this forum has seen over the years, bevvied or no bevvied. He’s excellent and his Merlot is most defo on me here on in.

Most of us on here had him written off as a total carthorse so shows what we know. :idiot:

Don’t bring the rest of us in to it eh. Never doubted the big man.....

CockneyRebel
29-02-2020, 12:50 AM
]His turn, run and pass to set up Gullan were superb.
[/B]

Watching this back it actually was superb - as was the finish.

The 90+2
29-02-2020, 01:02 AM
Doidge was fantastic tonight. Aye VN and how it irritates people weirdly. But the boys got it. Most intelligent forward we’ve had since Killen.

FilipinoHibs
29-02-2020, 01:05 AM

Yes that was a top class bit of play.

zitelli62
29-02-2020, 01:10 AM
That hearts **** who got sent off is apparently a massive hearts fan obviously tried to put him out the derby na luck he will score at least one there running scared of him.

Unseen work
29-02-2020, 01:30 AM
I never thought he had that turn, pace and cross in his locker!!

Unbelievable!

MagicSwirlingShip
29-02-2020, 06:59 AM

It’s all in good spirits Sean, said a few crackers myself over the years.

Good to have ye aboard the Doidgetrain

B.H.F.C
29-02-2020, 07:04 AM

Unbelievable!

I’m still no sure that actually happened!

mjh
29-02-2020, 07:16 AM
Shows his strength and fitness levels to do that in the 84th min after a hard shift

hibsbollah
29-02-2020, 07:17 AM

He's the Vegan Del Piero.

Aldo
29-02-2020, 07:22 AM
Outstanding shift last night both in defence and attack.

Hope he gets a deserved goal or 2 on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibbysam
29-02-2020, 07:24 AM
As well as his attacking play, his defensive work at corners is absolutely exceptional. It’s like a magnet stuck to his coupon at corners. Relieves so much pressure.

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2020, 09:17 AM
Fast becoming a cult hero is big Doidge...even when hes not scoring he contributes so much to the team. Is obviously extremely fit too as never gets subbed. Some guy hope he is the hammer of the the pink flumps on tues night

Smartie
29-02-2020, 09:35 AM

Unbelievable!

I hope Gareth Bale was watching, I’m sure he could do a lot with service like that.

bigwheel
29-02-2020, 09:40 AM
I hope Gareth Bale was watching, I’m sure he could do a lot with service like that.

Somehow I suspect he wasn’t [emoji1787]

Mr Grieves
29-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Remember that game at Pittodrie when he had 4 gilt edge chances and missed every one of them? I thought he was a donkey that day but he's proved me wrong. He's been fantastic ever since and would deserve to get in the Wales squad for the euros

29-02-2020, 10:45 AM

Also got the assist for Jackson's goal. Worked really hard too which you tend to notice more when you're at the game v watching on TV, I presume Wales would have had someone there last night.

davemcbain
29-02-2020, 02:05 PM
If anyone recorded the game - watch back to a minute or so before the first Caley goal - Keatings free kick with three nervous looking guys in the wall and in the middle there's Doidge pulling a mental "C'mon ya bas, dare you to smack it in my face" look. (To be fair to Keatings, he did just that). Can't adequately put into words the look he pulled, but summed up the big fella for me - brave and with plenty of nounce (or pure psycho). He's a legend in the making.

MrRobot
29-02-2020, 02:10 PM
His assist for Gullan was magnificent

that turn and cross were sublime man.