23-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Be there or be a sexist. 😂

Hamish
23-02-2020, 12:37 PM
For those who can't be there it is streamed live
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/51560011

GreenCastle
23-02-2020, 12:44 PM
£7 to watch it - is this a price increase ? Not even a discount for ST holders ?

Must be most expensive in league ???

The sooner they get own pitch (east mains ??) the better as just weird playing home games at Spartans.

Brightside
23-02-2020, 12:52 PM
£7 to watch it - is this a price increase ? Not even a discount for ST holders ?

The sooner they get own pitch (east mains ??) the better as just weird playing home games at Spartans.

Yes. Another mistake by Hibs. Far to expensive for Scottish women’s football.

Since452
23-02-2020, 12:53 PM

Got to pay the wages somehow 😉

Since90+2
23-02-2020, 12:54 PM

They'd get even less people watching at East Mains. Ainslie Park is atleast easily accessible for most fans.

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 01:24 PM
They'd get even less people watching at East Mains. Ainslie Park is atleast easily accessible for most fans.

Surely this myth that east mains is somewhere out the back of beyond needs put to bed.? It's easily accessed by regular public transport and is easier to access by car than the city?

Since90+2
23-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Surely this myth that east mains is somewhere out the back of beyond needs put to bed.? It's easily accessed by regular public transport and is easier to access by car than the city?

It's not easier to access than Ainslie Park by car. It's 11 miles away from Edinburgh for a start.

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 01:29 PM
It's not easier to access than Ainslie Park by car. It's 11 miles away from Edinburgh for a start.

It's easier to access for everyone who doesn't live in the city. East Lothian for obvious reasons. Midlothian easier roads than fighting through the city and west and north, straight round the bypass again avoiding the city and its roadworks?

The only argument is maybe people coming over the bridge where they can head straight around the North of the city. Infrastructure for using a car is much more suited to east mains. Hence why all the shopping centres etc are built on the outskirts and not in the city

Since90+2
23-02-2020, 01:30 PM
It's easier to access for everyone who doesn't live in the city. East Lothian for obvious reasons. Midlothian easier roads than fighting through the city and west and north, straight round the bypass again avoiding the city and its roadworks?

Majority of Hibs fans live in the city.

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Majority of Hibs fans live in the city.

Do they though?

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 01:32 PM
I'd be surprised if there wasn't more from Fife, the lothians and further afield combined

Since90+2
23-02-2020, 01:33 PM
Do they though?

Don't you think so?

Since90+2
23-02-2020, 01:33 PM
I'd be surprised if there wasn't more from Fife, the lothians and further afield combined

I would be.

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2020, 01:34 PM

And further north :wink:

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 01:34 PM
Don't you think so?

Honestly mate I don't. No idea if I'm right or wrong I just feel that there will be more people from the local area outwith the city with the housing developments over the last 20 years

lord bunberry
23-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Honestly mate I don't. No idea if I'm right or wrong I just feel that there will be more people from the local area outwith the city with the housing developments over the last 20 years

Of course there is, the bulk of the hibs support will be from Edinburgh.

The 90+2
23-02-2020, 01:51 PM
Surely season ticket holders should get in for free?

GreenCastle
23-02-2020, 01:51 PM
0-0 at half time.

Both sides looking very average.

Not sure Hibs have had a shot on goal yet.

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 02:05 PM
Of course there is, the bulk of the hibs support will be from Edinburgh.

The bulk are from the city? Rather than the surrounding areas?

Golden Bear
23-02-2020, 02:27 PM
There's also a big Hibs support in the Borders.

Since452
23-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Very big Hibs support in Fife

berwickhibee
23-02-2020, 02:36 PM
There's also a big Hibs support in the Borders.

There is indeed.

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2020, 02:45 PM
so much possession,just can't capatalize with any of their 46 corners

miss boyle puts a nice corner in

,goal boyle 😀 well deserved
FT

Hibby Bairn
23-02-2020, 02:51 PM
You’re very unlikely to be persuaded to pay £7 😳 to watch a Scottish women’s club game at Ainslie Park which is in the city and easy to get to by bus or car for the vast majority of Hibs fans.

Even if you were persuaded to part with £7 😳 to watch it then you are very, very unlikely to travel to Tranent to do so.

In fact I suspect 99% of Hibs fans couldn’t be persuaded to go and watch if it was free.

That, I am afraid, is just the reality.

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Goal

cabbageandribs1875
23-02-2020, 02:54 PM
BBC has boyle scoring on 45 + 48 lol, silly tw@ts

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2020, 02:57 PM
BBC has boyle scoring on 45 + 48 lol, silly tw@ts

Well to be honest it was 90+3 :greengrin

Brightside
23-02-2020, 03:08 PM
Do they though?

They can’t play at East Mains as we don’t have a covered stand there yet.

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2020, 04:25 PM
They can’t play at East Mains as we don’t have a covered stand there yet.

More expense.

hibbyfraelibby
23-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Surely season ticket holders should get in for free?

Why? You bought a season ticket to watch SPFL games, you ha e to pay extra for the Cup and League Cup so why would you want to sponge a freebie off the under funded SWFL side of the club?

lord bunberry
23-02-2020, 04:54 PM
The bulk are from the city? Rather than the surrounding areas?

The city itself. There’s around half a million people in Edinburgh it stands to reason the bulk of our support will come from that.

wallpaperman
23-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Why? You bought a season ticket to watch SPFL games, you ha e to pay extra for the Cup and League Cup so why would you want to songe a freebie off the under funded SWFL side of the club?

The women’s team are selling their own season tickets for £75, though i don’t think it’s been very well advertised.

Good start for the team getting the winner in injury time, lovely move and finish from Rachael. Hibs were pushing for most the second half. had a bunch of corners, but the wind did play havoc. Sunny, but bloody cold.

Seemed like a good crowd, though a lot of Spartans fans, of course, being their turf even though a Hibs home game. I think the crowd exceeded Edinburgh City’s of around 200 yesterday.

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 05:23 PM
The city itself. There’s around half a million people in Edinburgh it stands to reason the bulk of our support will come from that.

Not sure I agree with that logic. There's 400k in fife, 100k in East Lothian. 250k in West Lothian.?

Since90+2
23-02-2020, 05:27 PM
Not sure I agree with that logic. There's 400k in fife, 100k in East Lothian. 250k in West Lothian.?

But our proportion of support in those areas , comparable to Edinburgh, is tiny.

Without a doubt the vast majority of Hibs fans are from Edinburgh. I'm surprised that's even up for debate.

Lago
23-02-2020, 05:28 PM
Got to pay the wages somehow 😉
Professional full-time contracts etc 🤔

Lago
23-02-2020, 05:29 PM
Agree

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 05:30 PM
But our proportion of support in those areas , comparable to Edinburgh, is tiny.

Without a doubt the vast majority of Hibs fans from from Edinburgh. I'm surprised that's even up for debate.

Like I said I'm not so sure when you add all these areas plus more together. But without any proof I have no idea if I'm wrong or right.

coldingham hibs
23-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Very big Hibs support in Fife

I don’t think there is, majority are Rangers & Celtic. Hearts probably have a bigger support in Fife. As far as I know there isn’t even a Fife Supporters Bus since the Famous Fife Bus stopped.

Since90+2
23-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Like I said I'm not so sure when you add all these areas plus more together. But without any proof I have no idea if I'm wrong or right.

Judging from going to games and chatting to folk and asking where they are from ect from my experience the vast majority are from areas in Edinburgh. At a guesss I'd say about 80 percent of folk I've known over the years are from Edinburgh.

Eyrie
23-02-2020, 05:51 PM
The women’s team are selling their own season tickets for £75, though i don’t think it’s been very well advertised.

Good start for the team getting the winner in injury time, lovely move and finish from Rachael. Hibs were pushing for most the second half. had a bunch of corners, but the wind did play havoc. Sunny, but bloody cold.

Seemed like a good crowd, though a lot of Spartans fans, of course, being their turf even though a Hibs home game. I think the crowd exceeded Edinburgh City’s of around 200 yesterday.

Over 700 viewing online as well, including me.

Felt that we were disappointing up front but relieved that we got the three points.

hibby rae
23-02-2020, 05:59 PM

I was thinking that too, I've been to some City games woth smaller crowds. Lots of groups with kids. Great option to do aomething cheap the family of an afternoon. You can watxh the game and if they want to do that or run about then that's fine. Just like in the old days!

Boyle is a really class player too! 🙂

hibby rae
23-02-2020, 06:01 PM

Start a poll? Not conclusive but might give a snap shot

GreenCastle
23-02-2020, 06:57 PM

Felt that we were disappointing up front but relieved that we got the three points.

I can’t work out whether having a steam is a good thing or bad for the game.

You ideally want folk at the games and growing a fan base etc but also games like today when weather is bad etc it allows everyone around the world (or U.K. ?) to watch.

I guess if the £ is there then fine but I bet clubs would love larger crowds too.

wallpaperman
23-02-2020, 07:09 PM

Yeah, they were over hitting a lot of passes/crosses but l’ll be generous and say that the wind was really affecting the game, especially seemed to get stronger second half when Hibs were almost camped in their half at times, but the final ball did lack a bit.

The Wireless
23-02-2020, 07:11 PM

The only argument is maybe people coming over the bridge where they can head straight around the North of the city. Infrastructure for using a car is much more suited to east mains. Hence why all the shopping centres etc are built on the outskirts and not in the city

Aye but a home venue where u cannae buy a pie & a bovril is nae use to me.:na na:

wallpaperman
23-02-2020, 07:12 PM
I was thinking that too, I've been to some City games woth smaller crowds. Lots of groups with kids. Great option to do aomething cheap the family of an afternoon. You can watxh the game and if they want to do that or run about then that's fine. Just like in the old days!

Boyle is a really class player too! ��

Not been to any City games, but sounds similar to the Women’s matches at Ainslie Park. Our daughter was with a group of friends and they watch some of the game, them go and have a muck about without bothering anyone as there is plenty of space, then come back to see what’s going on in the game.

Only £14 for me and the wife, as kids free, so it’s decently priced.

Good pies as well for £2!

mcohibs
23-02-2020, 07:16 PM

Without a doubt the vast majority of Hibs fans are from Edinburgh. I'm surprised that's even up for debate.

Hibs have a massive following in Midlothian and East Lothian, which makes up a considerable proportion of our support. Less than Edinburgh, yes probably, but certainly not tiny in comparison

lord bunberry
23-02-2020, 08:10 PM
Hibs aren’t the main team in Fife or West Lothian the percentage of hibs fans will be much smaller than Edinburgh, East Lothian also has a large Celtic fan base.

JohnMcM
23-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Well done the ladies,(lassies, girls or women), a good start to the new season against a difficult team. Thank you:greengrin