PDA

View Full Version : James Keatings

Dunbar Hibee
23-02-2020, 08:35 AM
Really good interview with him on the below link.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/a-step-in-the-right-direction-as-james-keatings-returns-to-easter-road-1-5094483/amp?__twitter_impression=true

danhibees1875
23-02-2020, 08:52 AM
That was a very good read. Love articles like that.

Keating's was a great player for us at the time and had the sort of attitude you wanted from a player.

It's a shame to read of his struggles off the pitch but, as he said, it's nice to hear he's running the right way now.

That goal v Falkirk. :aok:

Chorley Hibee
23-02-2020, 08:54 AM
Sounds a great guy.

As someone who battles depression too, I wish him well in his fight.

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 08:55 AM
That was a very good read. Love articles like that.

Keating's was a great player for us at the time and had the sort of attitude you wanted from a player.

It's a shame to read of his struggles off the pitch but, as he said, it's nice to hear he's running the right way now.

That goal v Falkirk. :aok:
Messiesque!

DaveF
23-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Messiesque!

With his right foot, which made it all the more spectacular.

danhibees1875
23-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Messiesque!

Messi can but dream.

GreenCastle
23-02-2020, 09:02 AM
Great read.

The guy can score goals so hopefully we keep him quiet Friday.

Since452
23-02-2020, 09:11 AM
The man who ran the other way.

What I noticed on Friday was his corners for ICT were very good. That worries me.

JimBHibees
23-02-2020, 09:24 AM
Good article that. Just shows you that players are at the end of the day just normal guys. Thought the story about Hearts fan threatening to break his legs should have been reported to the police.

Quite funny line about Robbo.

From the other end of the lounge in the main stand at ICT, his manager John Robertson shouts Hibs-themed abuse at our man and your correspondent, but we all know that for the Hearts legend, the Hibees are the love that dare not speak its name

Jonnyboy
23-02-2020, 09:38 AM
Fantastic read. I always liked Keats and wish him well in the promotion push but not the cup obviously 😉

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 09:43 AM

What I noticed on Friday was his corners for ICT were very good. That worries me.

At the Scottish Cup Final when SDG scored the winner wheeled away and ran over to our end face beaming and sheer delight on his pus as if he had just put the final nail in the Hun coffin himself his face told us we had done it HIBS had won the Scottish Cup!

I reckon he will forever be a HIBS fan and a Scottish cup winning legend

He even got a tattoo to mark the occasion

MWHIBBIES
23-02-2020, 09:45 AM

Always was excellent at corners.

His goal Vs Falkirk was so vital. Basically ensured our promotion, utterly sunk Falkirk (who as usual had celebrated like absolute fannies when they fluked an equaliser) and send Easter Road bananas. Falkirk hardly won a game since then :faf:

BILLYHIBS
23-02-2020, 11:27 AM

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibernian/a-step-in-the-right-direction-as-james-keatings-returns-to-easter-road-1-5094483/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Excellent read thanks for posting

Hope he is pish on Friday 😁

HendoDelivered
23-02-2020, 11:57 AM
Great read that. Got a lot of time for Keats. Great left peg too!

erin go bragh
23-02-2020, 12:29 PM

Enjoyed that . One of the immortals.

Seveno
23-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Hope he gets a great reception on Friday and then has a very quiet night.

EAZY-ME
23-02-2020, 01:52 PM
Who would have thought he would end up a hibs legend..... the tears of joy streaming down his face in the dressing room summed it up

Gaffer1875
23-02-2020, 04:52 PM
I met Keatings about a year ago and he told me Hibs are his team now. His daughter, who is around 6 years old is a Hibee and won’t wear any other shirt [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Baldmans Comb
23-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Very clever guy Keatings as he goes for the contract where it looks like he will be playing regularly rather than the more lucrative contract where he is 3rd choice striker in an era where one up top is the favoured option.

Such a mature and thoughtful man and you really do think he will know how to cope when his playing days are over and that real void in his life looms.

Barney McGrew
23-02-2020, 05:44 PM
I got to know Keats quite well through my work when he was with us, and you couldn’t meet a more likeable and genuine guy.

Great to hear he’s enjoying his football again.

One Day
23-02-2020, 06:00 PM
Very good article. Comes over as a decent guy. Was good for Hibs. Glad he's got his life sorted out.

Jones28
23-02-2020, 06:04 PM

Great guy.

Hibeesmad
24-02-2020, 12:55 AM
He also attends Hibs games quite frequently when he can, Scottish Cup hero.

Smartie
24-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Very clever guy Keatings as he goes for the contract where it looks like he will be playing regularly rather than the more lucrative contract where he is 3rd choice striker in an era where one up top is the favoured option.

Such a mature and thoughtful man and you really do think he will know how to cope when his playing days are over and that real void in his life looms.

He's probably starting to think about that now and will be starting to give it a bit of thought - I don't think he seems the type to reach his mid thirties and think "what now?".

I found it a really interesting article and even though I couldn't work in a more different field I can relate to a lot of the mental struggles he has had in relation to his work. I frustrate a lot of the people close to me who seem to think I'm doing well but I can't help going through spells where I just get in my own way. The bit where he was stood in the tunnel going through everything he'd done wrong in previous games certainly resonated, I've been there more often than I want to acknowledge.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2020, 10:05 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51658213

Peevemor
27-02-2020, 10:12 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51658213

Better late than never.

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2020, 10:19 AM
Good sets a precedent

Oscar T Grouch
27-02-2020, 10:48 AM
Good sets a precedent

I really don't think it does. In fact it seems to be letting the SFA scot free. The incompetent panelist who said they didn't look at the evidence is away, but their historical judgements on the panel hasn't even been raised. The other panelist who did look at the evidence and judged JK to have dived is still on the SFA books to judge on a panel again!! That is ridiculous, they are more incompetent than the person who admitted they never bother looking at the videos. So all this has done has kept the status quo, no changes, the same panels, with at least one idiot still on them. There is no precedent set here, just a brush under the rug of more SFA incompetence. If this happened again tomorrow night there would be nothing JK could do about it unless a panel member came out and started they never did their job/

BILLYHIBS
27-02-2020, 11:16 AM
I really don't think it does. In fact it seems to be letting the SFA scot free. The incompetent panelist who said they didn't look at the evidence is away, but their historical judgements on the panel hasn't even been raised. The other panelist who did look at the evidence and judged JK to have dived is still on the SFA books to judge on a panel again!! That is ridiculous, they are more incompetent than the person who admitted they never bother looking at the videos. So all this has done has kept the status quo, no changes, the same panels, with at least one idiot still on them. There is no precedent set here, just a brush under the rug of more SFA incompetence. If this happened again tomorrow night there would be nothing JK could do about it unless a panel member came out and started they never did their job/

Maybe.....until the next time then

bigwheel
27-02-2020, 11:19 AM

They’ve fixed it ..every organisation makes mistakes . I don’t know what they could have done after the panel decision that is any better than what they have done . They can’t control panel decisions - they are independent..they can only react to extreme injustice - which they have done

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2020, 10:32 PM
Had a glorious chance to equalise when the ball dropped onto his left peg inside the box at 0-1 but hooked it inexplicably wide

I also thought the scene was set for his free kick outside the box Rocky left a big space for him to aim at but the wall did its job

Forever a Scottish Cup winning legend but seems happy at his level

Got a superb ovation when hooked

AFKA5814_Hibs
28-02-2020, 10:50 PM
When he stepped up for that free kick I remembered him taking a good free kick at Hibs and thought it'll go in. Tbh, he's spent 90% of his career in the lower leagues and that's probably his level. Will always be a Hibs legend for the Cup Final though.

Eyrie
28-02-2020, 11:02 PM
He got a round of applause from us when he was taken off which was deserved for his contribution when here.

Diclonius
28-02-2020, 11:22 PM
He got a round of applause from us when he was taken off which was deserved for his contribution when here.

He'll get that every time he comes here.