PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section - FFL Trial

Chuck Rhoades
23-02-2020, 08:35 AM
It’s great to see this being tried out. Hopefully existing ST holders there won’t be too disrupted and participate in what will hopefully be a successful trial.

I don’t think those in Section 25 moving down alone will make a lot of difference though, bar better logistics. It’ll require supporters from around ER to get involved and move into that section for one game and give it a go.

There’s been dozens of supporters across the two main forums and around social media expressing views that this should be given a go for a long time and I hope those same supporters now back this and make the effort to move (if doable financially / personal circumstances).

I have put a quick poll on this. Be good to try track how many supporters are buying a ticket there who aren’t already in that section.

Greenbeard
23-02-2020, 08:44 AM
Add an option - won't be there but support the idea.
And then for balance maybe have to add an option - won't be there and against the idea.

Chorley Hibee
23-02-2020, 08:48 AM
It’s great to see this being tried out. Hopefully existing ST holders there won’t be too disrupted and participate in what will hopefully be a successful trial.

I don’t think those in Section 25 moving down alone will make a lot of difference though, bar better logistics. It’ll require supporters from around ER to get involved and move into that section for one game and give it a go.

There’s been dozens of supporters across the two main forums and around social media expressing views that this should be given a go for a long time and I hope those same supporters now back this and make the effort to move (if doable financially / personal circumstances).

I have put a quick poll on this. Be good to try track how many supporters are buying a ticket there who aren’t already in that section.

Chuck, you can't buy tickets in the FFL without buying a child ticket too.

I tried last night, so the whole thing is doomed to fail from the start.

Chuck Rhoades
23-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Chuck, you can't buy tickets in the FFL without buying a child ticket too.

I tried last night, so the whole thing is doomed to fail from the start.

I believe this will be sorted tomorrow morning and further comms will follow👍🏻

Keith_M
23-02-2020, 10:01 AM
A poll is not going to give an accurate idea of how well this is going to work.

The only genuine evidence either way is how many are actually there on the day.

Chuck Rhoades
23-02-2020, 10:05 AM
A poll is not going to give an accurate idea of how well this is going to work.

The only genuine evidence either way is how many are actually there on the day.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

It’s to try understand the interest.

McKenzie
23-02-2020, 11:05 AM
I’d go in the section but can not attend on Friday night. Sure most people in the section won’t use this website as well

Pretty Boy
23-02-2020, 11:09 AM
I'll be at the game but I'll be in my usual seat. Hope it works out well for everyone involved.

wookie70
23-02-2020, 11:19 AM
I'm not against having a singing section in the FFL but fans have already been moved from the FF upper for the singing section. It seems very odd doing the trial after most ST holders will have already got their tickets as you have created a need for more hassle to go to that section as they have to move seat and potential conflict for those that already have a seat in or near that section.

I'd like to see the club doing the comms on this and making obvious where the singing section will be so fans can join or avoid as desired. This is all a bit half-arsed imo. I'm sure may parents that have young kids would love better seats, higher up or on the sides on the pitch for the same money so there are some opportunities for a win/win.

Steven79
23-02-2020, 11:23 AM
I'm not against having a singing section in the FFL but fans have already been moved from the FF upper for the singing section. It seems very odd doing the trial after most ST holders will have already got their tickets as you have created a need for more hassle to go to that section as they have to move seat and potential conflict for those that already have a seat in or near that section.

I'd like to see the club doing the comms on this and making obvious where the singing section will be so fans can join or avoid as desired. This is all a bit half-arsed imo. I'm sure may parents that have young kids would love better seats, higher up or on the sides on the pitch for the same money so there are some opportunities for a win/win.Yep it should have been sorted BEFORE the tickets went on sale.

No joined up thinking from this club at times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Helensburghhibs
23-02-2020, 12:27 PM
This will not be a popular opinion but the issue is not where the signing section are, it's the numbers of people willing to sing. There are only 20 or 30 guys in there who regularly want to join in. Sometimes the megaphone is the only thing you can hear. That is the fundamental issue, get back in the east where there is more chance of people joining in.

Keith_M
23-02-2020, 12:30 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious.

It’s to try understand the interest.

That was my point, though, it won't guage any useful level of interest.

You seem to be very touchy today.

murray26
23-02-2020, 12:45 PM
Anything that could improve the atmosphere is worth a go.. good luck 👍

BlackSheep
23-02-2020, 03:05 PM
Frustrating that this wasn’t highlighted and sorted before tickets went on sale... I’ve got my ST seat for the game already bought, I sit in the East and support this trial so would have considered moving for this game to show how effective this repositioning could help atmosphere. Shame that i can’t now.

JeMeSouviens
23-02-2020, 03:07 PM
They’d be much better back in the east. When they started chants there it often sparked the whole stand into life.

sorryfolks
23-02-2020, 03:08 PM
The singing section should be in the East Stand. If Hibs do eventually move the Family Section I don’t think enough people would move from the East to FFL and it would still look empty.

Onceinawhile
23-02-2020, 03:21 PM
Frustrating that this wasn’t highlighted and sorted before tickets went on sale... I’ve got my ST seat for the game already bought, I sit in the East and support this trial so would have considered moving for this game to show how effective this repositioning could help atmosphere. Shame that i can’t now.

You can swap your ticket if you email the ticket office.

wookie70
23-02-2020, 03:43 PM
The singing section should be in the East Stand. If Hibs do eventually move the Family Section I don’t think enough people would move from the East to FFL and it would still look empty.

I would never consider moving from my seat to behind the goals and I like a good sing song. I suspect many with good seats, ie fans who have been going for a good while and will likely be at games for years to come, would move. The atmosphere at ER is always best when we play big teams/games and are playing well. It really doesn't matter where the singing section is imo when there is only a hundred or so and they are nowhere to be seen in early rounds of the cup etc.

Parents in the FFL may want to swap seats if it is the same cost though as the FFL has a fair chunk of the worst seats in the ground. For that reason I think it is worth doing a trial and getting the parents and kids moved to the ends of a stand or the FF Upper. For the cost of the kiddies ST parents can't complain about what stand they are in and many will like being at the side of the pitch.

What we can't have is a small group of supporters displacing those who have bought seats already or standing in a seated area where kids want to see the game.

Chuck Rhoades
23-02-2020, 04:37 PM

You can easily swap before the match