PDA

View Full Version : Ref watch

matty_f
22-02-2020, 07:46 PM
How did you think the ref did today?

The players didn't give the ref too much to do, but I thought he missed a clear yellow card for shirt pulling (sure this was made a bookable offence a few years back), and a yellow for diving as well.

Boyle was unlucky to be penalised for a foul but I actually think his booking was for his reaction rather than the foul. If I'm wrong then the booking was really harsh.

Thought we should have had a second penalty in the second half as well.

aljo7-0
22-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Agree with all of that.

HibbyAndy
22-02-2020, 07:54 PM
He should have booked their player for a blatant dive in the penalty box first half

matty_f
22-02-2020, 07:55 PM
He should have booked their player for a blatant dive in the penalty box first half

I have no idea why he didn't book him for that.

Monts
22-02-2020, 07:56 PM
There were a few around me shouting for a red for their number 21 after his challenge on Hanlon. I didn't see it properly.

Any thoughts?

Billy Whizz
22-02-2020, 07:58 PM
And the dive from Dykes!!!

Monts
22-02-2020, 07:58 PM
I have no idea why he didn't book him for that.

I said at the time that with all the heat on the JK yellow that refs will be nervous about booking players for diving.

DaveF
22-02-2020, 08:01 PM
I said at the time that with all the heat on the JK yellow that refs will be nervous about booking players for diving.

Would agree with that. Dykes dive was embarrassing and as easy a yellow card as you will see but the ref took the easy option of ignoring it.

Onceinawhile
22-02-2020, 08:04 PM
Thought the ref was fine. Maybe could have moved their goalie a wee bit quicker.

We seemed to have about 40 handball shouts after the first one, no idea if any were legitimate though.

Robbo6-2
22-02-2020, 08:07 PM
3 mins injury time was a disgrace

MacGruber
22-02-2020, 09:26 PM
The ref should have stopped the game for Docherty taking quite an obvious and dull head knock. If he did we win the game. We had the ball after though so a bit of savvy and we re-group. Bit to naive looking to play all the time. Neither Docherty or our shape was back right when they broke on us and scored. Ref sorts that by stopping play however we had the chance to do that ourselves. Of course there was half hour left to win it - ultimately we didn't do enough in the end

HibeesLA
22-02-2020, 10:25 PM
How did you think the ref did today?

The players didn't give the ref too much to do, but I thought he missed a clear yellow card for shirt pulling (sure this was made a bookable offence a few years back), and a yellow for diving as well.

Boyle was unlucky to be penalised for a foul but I actually think his booking was for his reaction rather than the foul. If I'm wrong then the booking was really harsh.

Thought we should have had a second penalty in the second half as well.

For me, Boyle clearly moves to impede the players progress to the ball, obvious foul and a direct free kick for impeding with contact. The yellow would have been for a ‘professional foul’ as the player had the chance to put a cross into the box. Good decision for me.

Think he missed the dive and probably should have been a yellow, but that’s very inconsistently given in games I’ve watched.

I thought he got a lot right though and wasn’t a bad performance overall in comparison to the current standards in Scotland.

BILLYHIBS
22-02-2020, 10:41 PM
Second penalty shout happened that quick you could see the ref hesitate think about it and decided not to give us a second pen play on

The second goal at normal speed looked offside on first viewing

Something about the passage of play leading up to the goal did not sit right with me

People we’re saying that Rocky should have kicked the ball out of the ground as we had a man down

I don’t know

Will have to look at both incidents again