PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Thread

Real Emerald
22-02-2020, 06:27 PM
Sorry if I’ve missed something here but why is the match thread now being closed early after every game. I like to come on and read people’s opinions and the various ‘disagreements’ about how the match went but it now looks like it’s getting closed down very quickly. Sorry if I’ve missed the discussion on the subject.

hfc rd
22-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Sorry if I’ve missed something here but why is the match thread now being closed early after every game. I like to come on and read people’s opinions and the various ‘disagreements’ about how the match went but it now looks like it’s getting closed down very quickly. Sorry if I’ve missed the discussion on the subject.

The admins mentioned at the start of the season that they were going to close the match day thread a few hours after FT. Can’t remember what the reason why?

Carheenlea
22-02-2020, 06:36 PM
I like to have a read through it when home from the game and sometimes the thread would continue on with activity for a few hours after. Had noticed it was getting closed soon after the game now, but can still read through it at least.

jacomo
22-02-2020, 06:36 PM
The admins mentioned at the start of the season that they were going to close the match day thread a few hours after FT. Can’t remember what the reason why?

Because they are often toxic and it’s best not to let it run and run?

I think the intention is right, but the problem is that it then prompts a rash of nonsense threads instead.

All just imo, of course, in case that wasn’t already bleedingly obvious.

HappyAsHellas
22-02-2020, 06:37 PM
If you weren't there today, you do not want to read about it.

Real Emerald
22-02-2020, 06:37 PM

Thanks for the reply. If you go to the pub on Saturday evening most folk would be discussing the days games, why stop a discussion on your teams discussion forum about the game they’ve just played. Seems odd but no doubt there’s a reason.

emerald green
22-02-2020, 06:53 PM

Good point. I had the same thought too.

Vault Boy
22-02-2020, 07:04 PM
It gets closed because the match thread is for match updates only, it would become too long and hard to follow for those only getting in after the game if all the post match discussions happen there. It's closed to encourage people to open threads on specific themes or issues, providing less convoluted discussions. The thread can still be read if you want to catch up on the play-by-play of the match.

Danderhall Hibs
22-02-2020, 07:15 PM
It gets closed because the match thread is for match updates only, it would become too long and hard to follow for those only getting in after the game if all the post match discussions happen there. It's closed to encourage people to open threads on specific themes or issues, providing less convoluted discussions. The thread can still be read if you want to catch up on the play-by-play of the match.

There was one the other week that went on to about Wednesday or Thursday morning - folk boggling eachother about something that was nothing to do with the match.