PDA

View Full Version : Famous Five Lower - Singing Section v ICT

Pages : [1] 2 3

Since1875Hibs
22-02-2020, 05:52 PM
Now that the season ticket priority is over and sales in the famous five lower have been poor, we are going to use this opportunity to try this area as a singing section for the game.

We encourage anyone that would like to create a great atmosphere and back the team into a semi final to join us.

We as a group will be in and around section 19.

If you have already bought tickets elsewhere, we are sure the ticket office would help in changing your ticket to the FF lower.

We understand that people have already bought tickets in this area. We hope us moving there won't cause too much inconvenience and if you do not want to be a part of it, you won't mind moving to one of the many empty areas in the Famous Five.

Edina Erin
22-02-2020, 06:02 PM
We’re at the edge of 20 and if you’re all standing and my old man who has a bad knee can’t see - it’ll kick off.
Are you all being instructed not to stand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
22-02-2020, 06:05 PM
Now that the season ticket priority is over and sales in the famous five lower have been poor, we are going to use this opportunity to try this area as a singing section for the game.

We encourage anyone that would like to create a great atmosphere and back the team into a semi final to join us.

If you have already bought tickets elsewhere, we are sure the ticket office would help in changing your ticket to the FF lower.

We understand that people have already bought tickets in this area. We hope us moving there won't cause too much inconvenience and if you do not want to be a part of it, you won't mind moving to one of the many empty areas in the Famous Five.

If you seriously think people who sit there every week will just happily move to another area of the stand you are being very naive.

HTD1875
22-02-2020, 06:06 PM
Excellent idea

green with envy
22-02-2020, 06:06 PM
We’re at the edge of 20 and if you’re all standing and my old man who has a bad knee can’t see - it’ll kick off.

Hope it won't be yer auld man with his dodgy knee. Just saying.

Leith Green
22-02-2020, 06:07 PM

Proper naughty ... 🥊

RoYO!
22-02-2020, 06:10 PM
I thought that the singing section had tried this before. This is the family section and I'd imagine that the club won't like it.

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2020, 06:11 PM
I would imagine that they’ve got the permission of the club this time around, as last time this was tried I think they didn’t allow it.

Edina Erin
22-02-2020, 06:12 PM
If you seriously think people who sit there every week will just happily move to another area of the stand you are being very naive.

Agree. Not thought through at all.
How do you know when seats are empty? What if folk are just late? Do you just keep moving?

I’ll ask again - have they been instructed not to stand? Nobody stands in the FF Lower - that’s why some people have tickets there.

wearethehibs
22-02-2020, 06:17 PM
Excellent idea.

Looking forward to it. Will buy my ticket there

CloudSquall
22-02-2020, 06:20 PM
Great, hope people turn up in numbers to convince the club to drop the stubbornness with a 80% empty family section.

Hibee Mac
Folk are getting too touchy about it, there must be a small number of people who actually sit there every week, the place is empty!

DC_Hibs
Sounds good. Will likely be opposition from a few of those awful "Hibs.net types" who sit down for a slash but the FF lower is a joke and 100 people can either swap their tickets in advance or just move to one of the many empty seats. For one game only.......

ABZHFC
22-02-2020, 06:25 PM
For one game only, for the chance to get to Hampden, we need all the help we can get. Let’s put the NIMBY stuff aside for 90 minutes and get Easter Road bouncing, GGTTH

Chuck Rhoades
22-02-2020, 06:27 PM

Rather than kicking off, why not have a conversation, explain the circumstances and I am sure whoever will be more than happy to move and there will be more than enough seats for folk to move onto to ensure his views not disrupted?

Chuck Rhoades
22-02-2020, 06:31 PM
I hope those who said they want this will make the move over and support this initiative. It’s very easy to swap a ticket if you have purchased already.

GreenCastle
22-02-2020, 06:34 PM

Good work.

Hope it goes well. Shame the club didn’t push this from 1st ticket sales. Even today the section was trying to get behind team but with the acoustics it just wasn’t being heard.

Fed up seeing an empty behind the goals when this should be full helping the team score a goal at that end and giving the opposition keeper pelters.

Looking at the seating map the section is pretty much empty so shouldn’t piss off too many folk.

gando
22-02-2020, 06:35 PM
Brilliant move, hope everyone that's been saying "get them in the lower and it'll be great" gets behind it.

Green Diet
22-02-2020, 06:39 PM
Have a word with yourself edina. It’s a one off game with the best of intentions in trying to improve a game atmosphere for the betterment of the team and the vast majority of the fans.

Robbo6-2
22-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Excellent great shout

ehf
22-02-2020, 06:48 PM
Proper naughty ... ��

Who wants some! Bad knee or nae bad knee, Ah'll take the ****in lot ay youse!

Carheenlea
22-02-2020, 06:48 PM
Doubt it will make any difference to atmosphere - will still sound the same.

West Lower will be next for a shot.

HibeeHibernian4
22-02-2020, 06:55 PM
Doubt it will make any difference to atmosphere - will still sound the same.

West Lower will be next for a shot.

Why don’t we save assumptions like this until after Friday night? For what it’s worth, 2-300 fans in the South Lower can make a fair din at times. No reason why that couldn’t be the case in the FF.

Mikey
22-02-2020, 06:55 PM
It's certainly worth trying. We're in the FF lower but I would say that the stricter rules aren't working as there are still lots of empty seats. I'm not sure they'll do it as early as next season but there needs to be a change in there.

I would also like to see the club make use of the hospitality boxes in the FF as they haven't been used for years.

tamig
22-02-2020, 06:57 PM

Just one question. I don’t mind this initiative at all but I’m one of quite a few folk who do sit there every home game - come rain or shine. Have the guys been told that they should only sit/stand in the seat the ticket relates to? If anybody is in my seat they’ll be asked to move.

Dashing Bob S
22-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Damn good idea. A strong vocal support will only be built by supporters, not by seeking craven permission from the club. It's an opportunity to show them that logically a vociferous home 'end' has to be built from the centre of the FF lower, spreading throughout that stand, and hopefully energizing the east and other parts of the stadium.

It's about time we had the 'new cave', a designated end where anything goes and bad behavior is encouraged to the maximum. (Within the bounds of common decency, obviously.)

Onceinawhile
22-02-2020, 07:01 PM
Personally think section 20 would be the sensible place for it as less likely to get in people's way.

As it is, I won't be taking up my 3 x St's in the ffl as I can't afford the 40+ quid, so it won't bother me either way. Let's hope it works.

GreenCastle
22-02-2020, 07:07 PM
It's certainly worth trying. We're in the FF lower but I would say that the stricter rules aren't working as there are still lots of empty seats. I'm not sure they'll do it as early as next season but there needs to be a change in there.

I would also like to see the club make use of the hospitality boxes in the FF as they haven't been used for years.

Yeah it’s odd.

Maybe not the demand to sit behind the glass and watch a game ? Surely they could do something as even a game like today when freezing they could surely be used for someone who doesn’t like the elements.

Or ideally they do something with them and change them long term - otherwise just a waste of space.

Maybe Kieran knows ?

Also separate issue but the East Stand steps needs painted again as they were pretty slippy today.

Onceinawhile
22-02-2020, 07:13 PM

Behind the goals takes up the hospitality area that used to service them doesn't it?

So you'd need to get rid of that.

BoomtownHibees
22-02-2020, 07:16 PM
Behind the goals takes up the hospitality area that used to service them doesn't it?

So you'd need to get rid of that.

No, it’s the 2nd floor which is lying empty where the boxes are

Onceinawhile
22-02-2020, 07:28 PM
No, it’s the 2nd floor which is lying empty where the boxes are

Fair enough. 👍

matty_f
22-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Only a few hundred tickets have been sold for that area so far so surely there'll be plenty of seats to choose from.

:dunno:

I wouldn't really classify sitting in a different seat as an inconvenience.
If it was my season ticket seat I'd 100% be wanting to sit in it.

CloudSquall
22-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Proper naughty ... 🥊

Someone should be on the phone to Danny Dyer for this one :greengrin

Robbo6-2
22-02-2020, 07:37 PM
Did Dempster not spit the dummy last time

tamig
22-02-2020, 07:41 PM
Only a few hundred tickets have been sold for that area so far so surely there'll be plenty of seats to choose from.

:dunno:

I wouldn't really classify sitting in a different seat as an inconvenience.
Really? Its my seat and I like it. I’ve bought it for the Cup game because thats where I want to sit. And thats where I’ll be sitting - or standing as the case may be. All I’m asking is that the folk moving to the area respect the wishes of folk who have bought their own seat there. Common decency no?

hibeerealist
22-02-2020, 07:47 PM
Damn good idea. A strong vocal support will only be built by supporters, not by seeking craven permission from the club. It's an opportunity to show them that logically a vociferous home 'end' has to be built from the centre of the FF lower, spreading throughout that stand, and hopefully energizing the east and other parts of the stadium.

It's about time we had the 'new cave', a designated end where anything goes and bad behavior is encouraged to the maximum. (Within the bounds of common decency, obviously.)

The FF lower has been a joke for years in terms of populated seats, not sure why but it is and we see this EVERY game other than Hertz, even OF games there seems to be a lot of empty seats.

Not sure if our CEO is reading these posts but she must look at improving the atmosphere and putting the SS in the lower makes so much more sense.

My family all sit in The EAst lower tiers and nearer to the South than North but I cannot hear the SS from their place in FF upper and that is sad as the guys and girls in that section are bouncing & singing throughout the game.

Having said all that I do not hold any hope that LD will help create the SS situated in the FF lower and I also want to raise another issue for our CEO which concerns OUR support, at various stages the gate to the East has been closed before a game OR after a game with no reason given other than “we were told to shut it”.

EVERY other team operates the system to the benefit of their own (home) support) but strangely/worryingly HFC do not, the away support should be kept In Whilst the home fans clear the stadium. Of course for OF and Hertz the gate East to South is closed before and after for security, but holding us back for St Mirren and others is nonsense.

Message to our CEO please put our fans interests first.

Rant over

matty_f
22-02-2020, 07:48 PM
If it was my season ticket seat I'd 100% be wanting to sit in it.

Should add that I sit in the West so this makes no real difference to me either way. :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
22-02-2020, 08:09 PM
I hope those who said they want this will make the move over and support this initiative. It’s very easy to swap a ticket if you have purchased already.

hibbysam
22-02-2020, 08:13 PM
Really? Its my seat and I like it. I’ve bought it for the Cup game because thats where I want to sit. And thats where I’ll be sitting - or standing as the case may be. All I’m asking is that the folk moving to the area respect the wishes of folk who have bought their own seat there. Common decency no?

Works both ways, regardless if you sit there weekly or this is a one off, everyone has paid the same for the seat so everyone should be respected, not just those that sit (or stand) weekly.

matty_f
22-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Works both ways, regardless if you sit there weekly or this is a one off, everyone has paid the same for the seat so everyone should be respected, not just those that sit (or stand) weekly.

If he's bought his ticket, and it's his season ticket seat that he's bought, then the only person entitled to sit in that seat is him. That's all that needs to be respected in that situation, imho.

Radium
22-02-2020, 08:19 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200222/23901fd039c120bd9e0b0b42dbe59ed4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
22-02-2020, 08:21 PM

They will have to join in with creating the atmosphere then :)

coldingham hibs
22-02-2020, 08:28 PM
About time. Hopefully the atmosphere from the Singing Section at the front will spread along the East.

Since452
22-02-2020, 08:31 PM

Wow. The closest I've seen to things kicking off in the FF lower is when a seagull tried to steal my wee lassies chips

mcohibs
22-02-2020, 08:32 PM
Hope it works well although I still think that the East is/was the best place for the singing section

Moulin Yarns
22-02-2020, 09:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200222/50bd57fb343913b83a539656a4733988.jpg

Quite a lot of seats available

Just a pity that it's section 19 they are talking about.

tamig
22-02-2020, 09:24 PM

Thats just nonsense. Whats the point of having any seat numbers on tickets in that case?

tamig
22-02-2020, 09:27 PM
If he's bought his ticket, and it's his season ticket seat that he's bought, then the only person entitled to sit in that seat is him. That's all that needs to be respected in that situation, imho.

Correct Matty. And I’m sure any decent person would agree with your view.

St.Kristopher
22-02-2020, 09:39 PM
To be fair as a regular in the family section with my boy. I'd swap seats, in a second, the upper has a better view, also like today it would be drier. My boy was snuggled into me most of the game (other than when we scored and he launched himself into the row in front).

As an aside lad tell the boy who tried to start the Stendel is a nazi chant to GTF, no need!

Other than that keep up the good work, it's great to have you all at the games.

Chorley Hibee
22-02-2020, 09:40 PM
I've just tried to purchase a ticket for the Famous Five Lower but it won't let you buy individual tickets.

It is stating that you must be accompanied by a child in the family area.

Radium
22-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Just a pity that it's section 19 they are talking about.

Can I please blame the empty glass and will head to bed [emoji2957]

SaulGoodman
22-02-2020, 09:48 PM
Rather than kicking off, why not have a conversation, explain the circumstances and I am sure whoever will be more than happy to move and there will be more than enough seats for folk to move onto to ensure his views not disrupted?

I’ve heard stories from away games where ,due to an elderly person not being able to see , people have tried to have a conversation with the people in front to see if they can sit down. It’s usually met by some coked up steaming wannabe football casual giving back dogs abuse and asking for a square go.

BroxburnHibee
22-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Has the club actually given this the ok?

DH1875
22-02-2020, 11:05 PM
I've just tried to purchase a ticket for the Famous Five Lower but it won't let you buy individual tickets.

Which is why it will never work.

wearethehibs
23-02-2020, 01:43 AM

I don't believe that restriction is normally in place?

Looks like Hibs trying to hinder this already.

Look at tickets for the derby, only single seats left in the FFL, does this mean these cant be sold, unless you are a child going alone?

Edit - just tested purchasing a child ticket only and it comes up with an error saying it needs to be accompanied by an adult. Meaning the derby can now not sale out.

Definitely think Hibs have just added this stipulation on the back of this thread.

Chuck Rhoades
23-02-2020, 01:45 AM
Hibs approved, from what I know. But then if you can’t buy a ticket it makes you wonder. Call me a conspiracy theorist!

Watch folk not being able to buy a ticket and it being labelled a fail. Hopefully ticket situ is sorted asap 🤞🏻

hibbysam
23-02-2020, 01:46 AM

He was talking about people ‘moving to that area’ and respecting the wishes of those who sit there regularly. No one is talking about sitting in seats other people has purchased, but just because you sit there every week doesn’t give you anymore right than anyone else.

hibbysam
23-02-2020, 01:53 AM

Which is nonsense, as pointed out, the hearts game only has single seats left, so either the club stick to its guns and we can’t sell out, or they decide money is more important and change the rules when it suits.

Genuinely embarrassing how difficult they make it, that area is 90% empty most cup games and 50% empty for league games, yet we still insist on this. It states absolutely nowhere that I can see in the ticketing section about family stand, rules regarding buying in the family stand and there is no family pricing.

Chuck Rhoades
23-02-2020, 01:55 AM
Which is nonsense, as pointed out, the hearts game only has single seats left, so either the club stick to its guns and we can’t sell out, or they decide money is more important and change the rules when it suits.

Genuinely embarrassing how difficult they make it, that area is 90% empty most cup games and 50% empty for league games, yet we still insist on this. It states absolutely nowhere that I can see in the ticketing section about family stand, rules regarding buying in the family stand and there is no family pricing.

Spot on.

Chorley Hibee
23-02-2020, 02:27 AM

Agree entirely, we were told that the FFL issue had been sorted out - yet it has actually got worse!

It will reach its zenith later this week when (should all tickets elsewhere sell out against Hearts) we'll actively be turning away supporters unless they are accompanied by a child, this despite there only being single seats available!

It's beyond a farce now, and as you said, genuinely baffling just how difficult they are determined to make this.

Togs91
23-02-2020, 03:56 AM
I don't believe that restriction is normally in place?

Looks like Hibs trying to hinder this already.

Look at tickets for the derby, only single seats left in the FFL, does this mean these cant be sold, unless you are a child going alone?

Edit - just tested purchasing a child ticket only and it comes up with an error saying it needs to be accompanied by an adult. Meaning the derby can now not sale out.

Definitely think Hibs have just added this stipulation on the back of this thread.

I've got a ST with my son in the FFL, this has been the case all season if i want to add another ticket for my brother or dad or that, i have to ring the ticket office, can't buy single seats.

I'm actually in section 19 too, don't mind moving, in fact, if i can get to the upper for a game would be nice for a different view! Never been up there, i take it you can just take the side door from the lower?

matty_f
23-02-2020, 04:55 AM
He was talking about people ‘moving to that area’ and respecting the wishes of those who sit there regularly. No one is talking about sitting in seats other people has purchased, but just because you sit there every week doesn’t give you anymore right than anyone else.

I've re-read it and he was talking about someone being in his seat (as shown by his reply).

Of course it doesn't give anyone any more right than anyone else, unless that someone else is in your seat, in which case you 100% have more right than them to that seat.

hibbysam
23-02-2020, 05:10 AM
I've re-read it and he was talking about someone being in his seat (as shown by his reply).

Of course it doesn't give anyone any more right than anyone else, unless that someone else is in your seat, in which case you 100% have more right than them to that seat.

Fair enough, I agree that you sit in the seat you paid for. I interpreted it slightly differently. Although it doesn’t look like making any difference with our utter nonsensical ticketing arrangements.

matty_f
23-02-2020, 05:40 AM
Fair enough, I agree that you sit in the seat you paid for. I interpreted it slightly differently. Although it doesn’t look like making any difference with our utter nonsensical ticketing arrangements.

:aok:

GreenCastle
23-02-2020, 07:48 AM
If the derby sells out and the FF lower has several gaps on the night of the match Hibs really need to make changes for next season.

I don’t think the club will as they have spent £ doing up parts of the FF concourse. But it would be breath of fresh air and give the stadium a different outlook moving forward.

Suggestions I’ve made before..

Cup games - sell lower tier only. If fans want to sit higher up either wait till they open upper tier (if demand exists) or sit in East Stand.

Unless cup games are included in ST price once again - just release them 1st cup 1st served. This reserved seat stuff is a waste of time when cup games rarely sell out. I have a decent seat in East but I’m really not that precious over it if it means it benefits the team. Would maybe encourage fans to buy tickets quicker to get better seats.

Family section - allow families to stay in that section but open new family section in lower South or lower West. There are seats available in these areas. South lower fans get priority for Cat A games elsewhere in stadium ( these are the games kids don’t always attend).

Move the singing section directly behind the goal or East.

Get rid of the nonsense of restricting ticket sales in FF lower.

Move fans back to FF upper who lost their seats originally for the signing section.

We all want the team to be doing better and ER to improve atmosphere - currently its flat and change is needed otherwise ST sales will drop as fans get fed up and the match day experience deteriorates.

eastcoasthibby
23-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Just one question. I don’t mind this initiative at all but I’m one of quite a few folk who do sit there every home game - come rain or shine. Have the guys been told that they should only sit/stand in the seat the ticket relates to? If anybody is in my seat they’ll be asked to move.

It's not an issue really if you don't want to move join in the singalong and atmosphere ....

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2020, 08:56 AM
A lot of criticism towards Hibs about the single seats being unavailable in the FFL.

This is something that also happens when booking theatre tickets so it is more likely that it's part of ticketmaster systems.

Steven79
23-02-2020, 08:59 AM
A lot of criticism towards Hibs about the single seats being unavailable in the FFL.

This is something that also happens when booking theatre tickets so it is more likely that it's part of ticketmaster systems.They are unavailable as you need to buy a child ticket with every adult ticket so it's self inflicted.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
23-02-2020, 09:08 AM
They are unavailable as you need to buy a child ticket with every adult ticket so it's self inflicted.

Correct. The same discussion was had before the last derby as well

Eyrie
23-02-2020, 09:48 AM
If we were designing the stadium from scratch then I'd have the singing section in the Famous Five Lower.

But we're not. We have to consider those who are already there. What happens if someone has already bought their tickets for section 19 and then finds that their child can't see because of people standing in front? Are they to just disappear from their seats?

If this was to be done then it needed to be properly planned before any tickets were sold.

hibbysam
23-02-2020, 09:51 AM
If we were designing the stadium from scratch then I'd have the singing section in the Famous Five Lower.

But we're not. We have to consider those who are already there. What happens if someone has already bought their tickets for section 19 and then finds that their child can't see because of people standing in front? Are they to just disappear from their seats?

If this was to be done then it needed to be properly planned before any tickets were sold.

I’m fairly sure the kids will love the atmosphere, I know I and many others did when I was that age. More chance of this making them want to keep turning up than sitting with 100 empty seats around them freezing cold.

Chuck Rhoades
23-02-2020, 10:06 AM
I was only talking about the 'inconvenience' part. I agree with you on the 'common decency' but sitting in a different seat, with just as good a view, is hardly an inconvenience.

I think it would have been a better approach to arrange something with the club first, but it would be nice to see this working and an improvement in the atmosphere.

It has been arranged with the club. Your selective reading to suit your own opinion is beyond tiresome.

wearethehibs
23-02-2020, 10:39 AM
I was only talking about the 'inconvenience' part. I agree with you on the 'common decency' but sitting in a different seat, with just as good a view, is hardly an inconvenience.

I think it would have been a better approach to arrange something with the club first, but it would be nice to see this working and an improvement in the atmosphere.

I attempted to take this to the club as soon as the draw was made and I know it was put to them by KP before ticket sales had started.

The club chose to do the sales the normal way.

Opening up every section of the stadium and giving ST holders a priority to buy their own seat, when we all knew it was going to be a poorly attended game.

Sioux
23-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Maybe an important question is: why are so many season tickets purchased in the FFL lower and rarely used?

Best answered by those fans directly involved, who seem to remain silent on the issue.

Steven79
23-02-2020, 10:46 AM
I attempted to take this to the club as soon as the draw was made and I know it was put to them by KP before ticket sales had started.

The club chose to do the sales the normal way.

Opening up every section of the stadium and giving ST holders a priority to buy their own seat, when we all knew it was going to be a poorly attended game.I would have opened up the east side of the south lower to home fans before the FFU and WU as at least then it would give the illusion of being full and would have given two ends with home fans to shoot into.

Instead we will have one likely half empty along with other sections of the group.

This has to be changed for next season so that if a cup tie isn't likely to sell out (unless it's Hearts then it's unlikely) then we open sections for season ticket holders to buy tickets on a first come first served basis then open up others as and when they are needed (famous five upper)

Not only would it look better but it would save money.

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2020, 10:47 AM
It has been arranged with the club. Your selective reading to suit your own opinion is beyond tiresome.

Why has there been no word about this from Hibs?

Nothing on the website.

eastcoasthibby
23-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Reality of what happens in the FFL is that LD made a decision ...supported by her Board at the time ...which was at the time and still to a greater extent was seen by the majority as a non starter or making it The Family Section of the ground. So as this type of initiative is attempted to be worked out by fans ...she will I suspect see it as a challenge to her belief that the club can support such a big prominent area of the ground for Families regardless of the facts that it's not working ...it seems to be one of her traits ( and I do genuinely have a lot of time for her and job she has and does) that she struggles to admit when she gets it wrong or is wrong ...although no evidence but I would think suspicions that the club aren't aiding this initiative are correct, they / she can hide behind that they are invoking normal ticketing process, as a means to potentially disprove the positive atmosphere that having the SS has there by limiting the numbers getting tickets for there ....or maybe the FFL is part of RG's Big Plan for the match experience being enhanced ...

Steven79
23-02-2020, 11:21 AM
Reality of what happens in the FFL is that LD made a decision ...supported by her Board at the time ...which was at the time and still to a greater extent was seen by the majority as a non starter or making it The Family Section of the ground. So as this type of initiative is attempted to be worked out by fans ...she will I suspect see it as a challenge to her belief that the club can support such a big prominent area of the ground for Families regardless of the facts that it's not working ...it seems to be one of her traits ( and I do genuinely have a lot of time for her and job she has and does) that she struggles to admit when she gets it wrong or is wrong ...although no evidence but I would think suspicions that the club aren't aiding this initiative are correct, they / she can hide behind that they are invoking normal ticketing process, as a means to potentially disprove the positive atmosphere that having the SS has there by limiting the numbers getting tickets for there ....or maybe the FFL is part of RG's Big Plan for the match experience being enhanced ...I agree 100% with this post

We should get into that section in numbers and prove her wrong...

GreenCastle
23-02-2020, 11:28 AM
I would have opened up the east side of the south lower to home fans before the FFU and WU as at least then it would give the illusion of being full and would have given two ends with home fans to shoot into.

Instead we will have one likely half empty along with other sections of the group.

This has to be changed for next season so that if a cup tie isn't likely to sell out (unless it's Hearts then it's unlikely) then we open sections for season ticket holders to buy tickets on a first come first served basis then open up others as and when they are needed (famous five upper)

Exactly.

Like the idea of all 4 sides with Hibs fans.

Even when the lower tiers are full it’s a decent atmosphere as everyone together.

Moulin Yarns
23-02-2020, 11:42 AM
I agree 100% with this post

We should get into that section in numbers and prove her wrong...

I don't think anything is stopping anyone buying tickets there for the cup game, you just have to buy a child ticket as well :greengrin

If people are so determined to prove that the singing section would be better in the FFL then pay for two tickets and make double the noise :wink:

Steven79
23-02-2020, 11:46 AM
Exactly.

Like the idea of all 4 sides with Hibs fans.

Even when the lower tiers are full it’s a decent atmosphere as everyone together.It's so frustrating when the answer to the problem is so bloody obvious but we keep going round in circles.

These changes need implemented from next season.

A few people may have their nose put out of joint because they can't get "their seat" but we get a better atmosphere and more chance of progressing in cup ties at home.

Mikey
23-02-2020, 11:53 AM
Maybe an important question is: why are so many season tickets purchased in the FFL lower and rarely used?

Best answered by those fans directly involved, who seem to remain silent on the issue.

Yep. 4 or 5 seats in the row in front of us are almost always empty, and they're good seats, dead centre and near the back.

It gives us a great view mind :greengrin

Robbo6-2
23-02-2020, 11:56 AM
I would imagine closing the top tiers for cup games would be a cost saving too.

Less stewards, less catering staff etc

Steven79
23-02-2020, 11:57 AM
I would imagine closing the top tiers for cup games would be a cost saving too.

Less stewards, less catering staff etcYep! We open up two sections when we could just open one.

Complete waste of money...

tamig
23-02-2020, 12:05 PM
It's not an issue really if you don't want to move join in the singalong and atmosphere ....

Which is what I’d be doing from the seat I’ve bought. It looks like the club have put a block on it again though anyway.

blackpoolhibs
23-02-2020, 12:20 PM
I cant understand why the club would sell season ticket holders their seats, and then allow the singing section to buy tickets next to them?

Its as if they really dont want to do it, and will have a ready made excuse when those who normally sit there complain about after the game.

Steven79
23-02-2020, 12:21 PM
I cant understand why the club would sell season ticket holders their seats, and then allow the singing section to buy tickets next to them?

Its as if they really dont want to do it, and will have a ready made excuse when those who normally sit there complain about after the game.They clearly want it to fail.

Shambles...

Irish_Steve
23-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Slightly off topic but I used to sit in the FFL with my nippers as it was the cheapest ticket in the ground. However, people took advantage of that and the amount of blokes sitting together with no kids was very high indeed. I thought it was a good decision by the club to say you had to buy a child seat too but it seems to have backfired

mcohibs
23-02-2020, 08:07 PM
I would have opened up the east side of the south lower to home fans before the FFU and WU as at least then it would give the illusion of being full and would have given two ends with home fans to shoot into.

Doesn't make sense. What would be the point in selling cup tickets to season ticket holders first if they couldn't actually choose their season ticket seat to sit in? That's the entire point of them having a window of priority

mcohibs
23-02-2020, 08:12 PM
So have the club scrapped the policy that you need to be accompanied by a child in FF lower for this game aye?

Can anyone explain why that policy was implemented in the first place as I'm not too clued up on why it was introduced? Just to make it a more family friendly area?

hibbysam
23-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Doesn't make sense. What would be the point in selling cup tickets to season ticket holders first if they couldn't actually choose their season ticket seat to sit in? That's the entire point of them having a window of priority

They could, as long as the seat was available to buy, otherwise it would give them a priority window to buy the best seats available to them, before the riff raff come along and take what’s left.

Irish_Steve
23-02-2020, 08:30 PM
So have the club scrapped the policy that you need to be accompanied by a child in FF lower for this game aye?

Can anyone explain why that policy was implemented in the first place as I'm not too clued up on why it was introduced? Just to make it a more family friendly area?

See my post above. From what I can remember, the club introduced the Family Section years ago to try and encourage, er, families to attend. Season ticket prices were a good bit lower than in any part of the ground but people were abusing it ie groups of blokes buying the cheap tickets. So the club decided that any adult buying a season ticket there also had to purchase a child ticket. Probably why its half empty now. I also liked sitting there with my kids as they could get up close with the players especially during warm ups

Carheenlea
23-02-2020, 09:25 PM
Out of curiosity just tried to buy tickets in FF lower, and you can`t progress to checkout without purchasing a child ticket.

percy veer
23-02-2020, 09:59 PM

Gets me more tickets for the finals, sorted it for you.

mcohibs
23-02-2020, 10:02 PM
Out of curiosity just tried to buy tickets in FF lower, and you can`t progress to checkout without purchasing a child ticket.

Singing section's plan is destined to fail then it would seem

Chorley Hibee
23-02-2020, 10:16 PM
Singing section's plan is destined to fail then it would seem

Highlighted this earlier, but another poster stated the club are aware of this and set to change it tomorrow.

Here's hoping they do.

Irish-Hibee
24-02-2020, 05:42 AM
I’ve heard stories from away games where ,due to an elderly person not being able to see , people have tried to have a conversation with the people in front to see if they can sit down. It’s usually met by some coked up steaming wannabe football casual giving back dogs abuse and asking for a square go.

Put did said elderly people politely ask the people standing to sit down or did they do it in a "it's all gonna kick off" way like Edina?

Can't imagine anyone abusing an elderly man for politely asking someone to sit down. Coked up or not!

Since452
24-02-2020, 05:50 AM
If this has been given the OK by the club I'll buy a ticket there for Friday. Think it's a brilliant idea. If not I'll give it a miss as not wanting it all to kick off.

For the Hibs fans not on Hibs.net it would be good to have something by the club announced on Twitter and Facebook

Diclonius
24-02-2020, 07:11 AM
If this is endorsed by the club then that's fantastic and hope it goes well.

Hibs4185
24-02-2020, 07:27 AM
I can imagine LD saying no chance but RG saying give it a try.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 07:27 AM
If this is endorsed by the club then that's fantastic and hope it goes well.

I agree, but it certainly doesn't look like it to me.

I don't understand that there's no mention of it on the official site and that family ST holders haven't been advised of what's happening.

We lock horns with Inverness Caledonian Thistle at the quarter-final stage of the William Hill Scottish Cup on Friday 28 February.

It’s a 7.45pm kick-off under the lights at Easter Road Stadium and tickets will be available from Monday 17 February at 12pm.

If you fancy treating yourself to one of our hospitality packages, those are on sale now.

For anyone who was due to attend our Hall of Fame dinner on the same night, we’ll be in touch with those impacted.

Hibernian season ticket holders have from Monday 17 February at 12pm until Friday 21 February at 9am to guarantee their seat and purchase their ticket at a reduced price, as well as being able to add the game to their season card at no extra cost.

At 10am on Friday the match will go back on sale, with seat reservations removed and all tickets available at full price, with the option to add to your season card at that stage unavailable.

To assist as many season ticket holders as possible to obtain their own seat at the discounted price, tickets will also be available in person at the Ticket Office from Wednesday 19 February at 12pm.

Tickets will also available to non-season ticket holders in the general sale online and via the call centre from Monday 17 February and in person from Wednesday, with a further allocation of seats made available after 10am on Friday, when the season ticket seat reservation option is removed.

To assist with queues, we encourage as many supporters as possible to buy online.

MATCH DETAILS
Hibernian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Friday 28 February (7.45pm kick-off)

Easter Road Stadium

William Hill Scottish Cup

TICKET PRICES
Season Ticket Holder Pricing (during reservation period)

Adult: £20.

Concessions (65+/Students/Youth/Child): £10.

Non-Season Ticket Holder Pricing

Adult: £22.

Concessions (65+/Students/Youth/Child): £12.

Click here for more information and to purchase.

TICKET INFORMATION
For season ticket holders to receive their discount they need to be logged in to their season card account and tickets should be assigned to client reference numbers.

The discount is also only available until the seat reservation deadline, so must be bought before 9am on Friday 21 February.

After this point, season ticket holders cannot be guaranteed their own seat, are unable to add the game to their season card and will not be able to obtain the season ticket holder discount.

HOW DO I PURCHASE TICKETS?
Booking Online

We advise all supporters to confirm their details are correct and up to date

If you have an online account currently set up, please ensure that when you log in to your season ticket holder account that the membership number shown is the same as that on your season ticket.

If these do not match then you have created a new account instead of activating your season ticket account.

Signing in to any other account will not give you the correct privileges to buy tickets.

To activate your season ticket account with the correct client reference number, you should click here, then on ‘activate your account’.

Enter your client reference number and surname, then click ‘find my account’.

Your details will appear and from here you can enter the email address and password you want to use to access your account.

You can find your client reference number on your season ticket card.

Season ticket holders who purchase online before the 9am seat reservation deadline will see their season seat reserved for them in their notifications as soon as they log into their account.

Please note that navigating directly to the seating map and not logging into your account means your seat will not be reserved at the discounted price.

If you are looking to purchase tickets for a group and obtain the season ticket holder discount you can do so by adding other season ticket holders to your online network.

Once logged in, click on ‘my account’ and then ‘network’.

Select ‘add members’ and search for ‘existing member’ using their client reference number and surname and conduct the search.

Once you have selected the member you wish to add to your network, click on ‘add member’ to complete the process.

You can also update your personal details, including your home address, email and telephone number by logging in and selecting ‘update details’ within the ‘my account’ section.

Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 per transaction will apply to online orders (excluding mobile or print at home and add access to card).

You can secure your ticket by clicking here.

Call Centre

To book your tickets over the phone, call 0844 844 1875 and select ‘Option 1’.

Please note that a booking fee of £1.50 per ticket will apply to telephone orders.

Calls cost 7p per minute in addition to your telephone company’s access charge.

Concessions must be able to display proof of age.

Ticket Office

Tickets will be available from the ticket office from Wednesday 19 February at 12pm.

Concessions must be able to display proof of age.

Under-12s must be accompanied by an adult.

Please be aware that the ticket office is likely to attract big queues and it can be quicker to purchase online or via the call centre.

DISABILITY ACCESS
Please call us on 0131 656 7066 or email disabledtickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.

If you have a general query around disability access, please get in touch with our Disability Access Liaison Officer, Ann Brown.

Ann can be reached via telephone on 0131 656 7066 or on 07519119771.

We also have a dedicated email address at disabledtickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.

Please note, Ann works on a part-time basis so will get back to you as soon as possible.

HELP
If you have any ticketing issues or questions, you are advised to contact the ticket office via tickets@hibernianfc.co.uk.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10552

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2020, 07:29 AM
I can imagine LD saying no chance but RG saying give it a try.

If you try hard I bet you could imagine LD saying do it and RG saying no chance.

Since90+2
24-02-2020, 07:35 AM
Something like this will only ever work with the support of the club. If they don't push it on social media and on the website ect then it's never going to work.

I suspect the club know this themselves.

SquashedFrogg
24-02-2020, 07:39 AM
Something like this will only ever work with the support of the club. If they don't push it on social media and on the website ect then it's never going to work.

The have everyone's email address.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 07:40 AM

Agreed. The inability for tickets to purchased in FF lower without an accompanying child makes this pretty much impossible for the singing section to pull off does it not?

Since90+2
24-02-2020, 07:41 AM
Agreed. The inability for tickets to purchased in FF lower without an accompanying child makes this pretty much impossible for the singing section to pull off does it not?

And I suspect that suits the club.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2020, 07:44 AM
Where the results of the recent survey about a singing section etc in the FF lower ever published?

I'm curious as to how much demand there really is for the FF lower to be changed. There is a lot of noise about it but when it comes to social media a very small number of people can make a lot of noise and create an environment in which they believe they are a majority. I'm not dismissing the demand but it would be interesting to see if there is any quantifiable evidence that there is even sizeable minority support for this to happen.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 07:44 AM

And I suspect that suits the club.

Has the club agreed to it? Do they even know about it?

If they do I find it strange that there's been no communication about it.

B.H.F.C
24-02-2020, 07:59 AM
If it goes ahead in Friday I don’t see it working because it’s not been done properly.

People who have bought their seat in amongst people who want to stand for example.

Best thing to do, IMO, would have been to advertise it properly and make the section unreserved, similar to what Aberdeen did.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 08:02 AM
If it goes ahead in Friday I don’t see it working because it’s not been done properly.

People who have bought their seat in amongst people who want to stand for example.

Best thing to do, IMO, would have been to advertise it properly and make the section unreserved, similar to what Aberdeen did.

All of which makes me think that the club either rejected the idea or they aren't even aware of it.

Moulin Yarns
24-02-2020, 08:11 AM
Has the club agreed to it? Do they even know about it?

If they do I find it strange that there's been no communication about it.

I raised this yesterday and didn't get a response.

If the singing section are set on getting into the FFL there is nothing to stop them buying tickets, it just has to be an adult and a child ticket.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2020, 08:14 AM
Seems a cack handed effort from the club here, which personally i think will fail and privately the club will be delighted.

This thing needs planned properly, and built on gradually week on week. It's clear the FF bottom is being unused most weeks by many of those who have bought the cheap tickets.

Having a designated end is a must have in my opinion, and i believe we could make it a great end giving the right planning and time.

Trouble is, we've had this discussion before, and unless we do it properly, we will never know.

B.H.F.C
24-02-2020, 08:15 AM
All of which makes me think that the club either rejected the idea or they aren't even aware of it.

I agree. Would be surprised if the have given it the OK with the rules they have in place. If there is something happening different they’d want to control it and I don’t think they have any appetite to do anything different!

I may well be wrong, of course!

B.H.F.C
24-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Seems a cack handed effort from the club here, which personally i think will fail and privately the club will be delighted.

This thing needs planned properly, and built on gradually week on week. It's clear the FF bottom is being unused most weeks by many of those who have bought the cheap tickets.

Having a designated end is a must have in my opinion, and i believe we could make it a great end giving the right planning and time.

Trouble is, we've had this discussion before, and unless we do it properly, we will never know.

Agree with every word of that. It would be a really straightforward thing to achieve but the lack of interest from the club, even when opportunities do arise, tells you how interested they really are in it.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 08:20 AM

Do we know that the club have anything to do with it? Do they know about it?

If they do I agree with you 100%. If they don't then the criticism is unfair in this instance IMO.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 08:24 AM
Where the results of the recent survey about a singing section etc in the FF lower ever published?

I'm curious as to how much demand there really is for the FF lower to be changed. There is a lot of noise about it but when it comes to social media a very small number of people can make a lot of noise and create an environment in which they believe they are a majority. I'm not dismissing the demand but it would be interesting to see if there is any quantifiable evidence that there is even sizeable minority support for this to happen.

Surely the best way to test something is to actually, ahem, test it? Give it a proper go and see the outcome. The clubs half arsed attempt to satisfy an even smaller minority for this game is staggering. A lot going right but the stubbornness around ticketing is a massive bugbear.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 08:29 AM
Surely the best way to test something is to actually, ahem, test it? Give it a proper go and see the outcome. The clubs half arsed attempt to satisfy an even smaller minority for this game is staggering. A lot going right but the stubbornness around ticketing is a massive bugbear.

You keep having a go at the club.

Do they have any knowledge of these plans for Friday?

Is it maybe a half-arsed attempt by some fans which officially has nothing to do with the club?

Chorley Hibee
24-02-2020, 08:38 AM

Is it maybe a half-arsed attempt by some fans which officially has nothing to do with the club?

There's a poster on here (Chuck) who is adamant the club are aware of this.

However, upon trying to purchase tickets this morning the same restrictions remain in place.

It really needs the club to clarify the situation now.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2020, 08:40 AM
Do we know that the club have anything to do with it? Do they know about it?

If they do I agree with you 100%. If they don't then the criticism is unfair in this instance IMO.

:agree: I did read that there had been talks and it had been agreed, but there has been nothing that i've seen official.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 08:42 AM

However, upon trying to purchase tickets this morning the same restrictions remain in place.

Or maybe Chuck & any others involved could post the confirmation (emails?) that they received from the club that it's going ahead.

B.H.F.C
24-02-2020, 08:47 AM
Can KP let us know if the club have any awareness of this?

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 08:48 AM

Even if there have been no agreement in place, they should be looking at ways in this game to maximise attendance and/or atmosphere. As it stands the club do the same every time we have a cup tie that will not attract a huge crowd, and the result will be the same, poor sales and horrendous atmosphere. Half arsed is exactly what it is. Again, I’ll reiterate, there is no family pricing, there is nothing to state that their is a family only area, yet it is impossible to buy a single ticket. Mental. If people want to spend their money, in a seat that hasn’t been purchased yet, why stop them?

It genuinely shouldn’t take fans to come up to the club with ideas to maximum these things, we have professionals in place who are failing the ticketing side of the club. The fact we physically can’t sell out the derby as it stands because it has single seats in the ‘family’ stand is mental.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 08:49 AM

Starting to look that way. Perhaps the club may have knowledge of it but weren't made aware of it in enough time to properly organise something that would work. If the club were truly on board with testing this, they would have made that section unreserved and allowed purchase of single seats.

Either way, its been poorly planned and without a way to purchase single seats without a child its not going to work.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 08:51 AM
Even if there have been no agreement in place, they should be looking at ways in this game to maximise attendance and/or atmosphere. As it stands the club do the same every time we have a cup tie that will not attract a huge crowd, and the result will be the same, poor sales and horrendous atmosphere. Half arsed is exactly what it is. Again, I’ll reiterate, there is no family pricing, there is nothing to state that their is a family only area, yet it is impossible to buy a single ticket. Mental. If people want to spend their money, in a seat that hasn’t been purchased yet, why stop them?

Possibly the club want to keep the FF lower as a family section, at least for the time being.

Have you even stopped to consider this?

SquashedFrogg
24-02-2020, 08:51 AM

There's nothing official about this that anyone can see? It would be helpful if you could share correspondence from the club confirming this. Would certainly clear everything up for those heading to the game on Friday :thumbsup:

Chorley Hibee
24-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Or maybe Chuck & any others involved could post the confirmation (emails?) that they received from the club that it's going ahead.

Possibly, but it would be better to hear from the club as that puts an end to the speculation.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 08:54 AM

There's a difference between the club 'being aware' of singing sections plans and 'being onboard' i.e. allowing single seats purchase.

I suspect the club may have been informed of the plans but potentially too late and their hands may be tied in the sense that the singing section have overlooked the ticket purchase issue and didn't try to negotiate this with Hibs in advance.

I'm speculating here of course. Some clarification needed

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Possibly the club want to keep the FF lower as a family section, at least for the time being.

Have you even stopped to consider this?

And for this game we have sold next to no tickets in that area. If they want a family area, create family pricing, make people aware of this on the ticketing information. As it is we will have a couple of hundred folk dotted around this area on a Friday night. Have the club considered the fact that young boys and girls absolutely love the noise, the drum, the atmosphere? And that this would actually keep them interested and want to keep coming back, going to school on Monday singing hibs chants and telling their pals about it?

Begbie79
24-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Just when i thought it was almost safe to dust down the season ticket i wasted £400 blabs on at the start of the season a thread like this appears.

The genuine fear amongst a fairly sizeable element of our support that people might want to actually create a bit of atmosphere which is blatantly missing from our once hostile home is incredible.

The club should be firmly behind this idea, why they arent is beyond me. Absolutely hammers home the fact that as fans, we are massively down the pecking order of the clubs priorities.

Since452
24-02-2020, 08:58 AM
You'd think the club would promote this across social media as they're quick enough to promote anything else. Sounds to me they don't want to drum up interest and would rather see it fail

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 09:00 AM
The genuine fear amongst a fairly sizeable element of our support that people might want to actually create a bit of atmosphere ...

That's a new one on me.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 09:01 AM
And for this game we have sold next to no tickets in that area. If they want a family area, create family pricing, make people aware of this on the ticketing information. As it is we will have a couple of hundred folk dotted around this area on a Friday night. Have the club considered the fact that young boys and girls absolutely love the noise, the drum, the atmosphere? And that this would actually keep them interested and want to keep coming back, going to school on Monday singing hibs chants and telling their pals about it?

Maybe. I don't know.

As it stands, for this season it's still the family section - rightly or wrongly depending on your opinion.

As is usual (and correct) for cup matches, ST hiolders get first shout on their seats, therefore it remains a family section.

That's the way it is. It can maybe be improved upon but I don't see how it's "half-arsed".

Begbie79
24-02-2020, 09:02 AM
That's a new one on me.

Whats new about it? its blatantly obvious.

Peevemor
Just when i thought it was almost safe to dust down the season ticket i wasted £400 blabs on at the start of the season a thread like this appears.

The genuine fear amongst a fairly sizeable element of our support that people might want to actually create a bit of atmosphere which is blatantly missing from our once hostile home is incredible.

The club should be firmly behind this idea, why they arent is beyond me. Absolutely hammers home the fact that as fans, we are massively down the pecking order of the clubs priorities.

Nonsense!

You'd think the club would promote this across social media as they're quick enough to promote anything else. Sounds to me they don't want to drum up interest and would rather see it fail

You're assuming they have something to so with it.

mcohibs
Don't think anyone should be rushing to criticise the club for this before it has been confirmed that the singing section informed Hibs about this plan in advance of ticket sales.

The club should have been given adequate notice of this plan so that the ticket issue could be sorted.

That may well have happened but there's been no evidence yet to suggest the club were aware of this in advance.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Whats new about it? its blatantly obvious.

Don't be stupid. No-one is fearful of creating an atmosphere.

If you don't understand the opposing argument, you'll never win yours.

SquashedFrogg
24-02-2020, 09:07 AM

Is it?

Anyway. Just a thought for beyond Friday.

If those pushing for it came together, quantified demand and put a case forward that there would be more ST's sold in that area than there is currently, and therefor no (or far less) empty seats, then I suspect they'd listen. Perhaps any surplus ST income could initially be used to soften the blow for people having to relocate? i.e. reduced ST's in the West/FFU for the first season after moving. Offering the club something back in return might be a good starting point.

I definitely think the numbers have to be big (certainly more than is currently sold in that section) and will also be ST's only. Otherwise it'll look silly when the section is half empty for a number of games after complaining about that very issue.

Establishing ST numbers in the FFL would let you get a target to beat.

FWIW I thinking the club are always open to dialog from supporters. Ultimately though they will need to be persuaded though a substantiated approach. A few disgruntled voices on social media and some random emails isn't (IMO) the best way forward. I'm certain a compelling case would start a conversation.

Just some thoughts.

Our group will be remaining in the East as we feel it's a far better view, closer to the away support etc, but good luck to those pushing to move to the FFL.

Begbie79
24-02-2020, 09:10 AM
Don't be stupid. No-one is fearful of creating an atmosphere.

If you don't understand the opposing argument, you'll never win yours.

How is it stupid?? bizarre thing to come away with if you ask me.

The club need to grow a set of balls over this if you ask me. Give the singing section half of the FF Lower at first then hopefully the lot.

Re-Homing the people that sit on their hands in a quarter full stand every week shouldn't be a problem, even if it means the club knocking a bit of their season tickets next season.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 09:11 AM
Maybe. I don't know.

As it stands, for this season it's still the family section - rightly or wrongly depending on your opinion.

As is usual (and correct) for cup matches, ST hiolders get first shout on their seats, therefore it remains a family section.

That's the way it is. It can maybe be improved upon but I don't see how it's "half-arsed".

What is correct for cup matches is that we maximise attendance and atmosphere. The status quo isn’t working, as you can see by the uptake in tickets before the deadline, people aren’t that arsed for their own seat.

Saying ‘that’s the way it is’ isn’t going to improve anything, just because it fails now, doesn’t mean we need to keep failing it. We don’t even promote it as a family section so how are newcomers to our stadium going to be aware of this?

If you had no clue about Easter road, but fancied the game on Friday night with your wife and kids, would you know there was a family stand?

Get the end sections closed, the top tiers closed, fill the middle/bottom sections before opening these up and get the place buzzing on Friday night, instead because a handful of people are sacred over a piece of plastic that they paid for for league games only, while getting a 10% discount, we will have zero atmosphere and tiny pockets of fans dotted around the stadium.

jonny
24-02-2020, 09:12 AM
My kids and I have relocated to the East for this game to open up 5 seats for the singing section.
Let's see how it works.
Whilst I like my seats with the kids I'd be happy to relocate in the stadium as long as it was to somewhere with a decent view and we were kept together.
Why not even try moving the family section to the FF upper and putting in safe standing for the singing section in the FF lower?

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 09:14 AM
Is it?

If those pushing for it came together, quantified demand and put a case forward that there would be more ST's sold in that area than there is currently, and therefor no (or far less) empty seats, then I suspect they'd listen. Perhaps any surplus ST income could initially be used to soften the blow for people having to relocate? i.e. reduced ST's in the West/FFU for the first season after moving. Offering the club something back in return might be a good starting point.

I definitely think the numbers have to be big (certainly more than is currently sold in that section) and will also be ST's only. Otherwise it'll look silly when the section is half empty for a number of games after complaining about that very issue.

FWIW I thinking the club are always open to dialog from supporters. Ultimately though they will need to be persuaded though a substantiated approach. A few disgruntled voices on social media and some random emails isn't (IMO) the best way forward. I'm certain a compelling case would start a conversation.

Just some thoughts.

Our group will be remaining in the East as we feel it's a far better view, closer to the away support etc, but good luck to those pushing to move to the FFL.

They listened to a few emails and disgruntled fans over the loyalty points issue, certainly doesn’t have to be a majority.

I’m not even just on about this singing section move, for cup games the club needs to be proactive and take the initiative to make it a better place to come to, and therefore sell as many tickets as possible and create a better atmosphere. The status quo doesn’t allow for that, it has been proven time and time again.

SquashedFrogg
24-02-2020, 09:19 AM
They listened to a few emails and disgruntled fans over the loyalty points issue, certainly doesn’t have to be a majority.

I’m not even just on about this singing section move, for cup games the club needs to be proactive and take the initiative to make it a better place to come to, and therefore sell as many tickets as possible and create a better atmosphere. The status quo doesn’t allow for that, it has been proven time and time again.

Apologies. I was only trying to offer a suggestion moving forward. To make a strong case to the club. I hadn't realised you had already approached the club about cup games.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 09:20 AM
What is correct for cup matches is that we maximise attendance and atmosphere. The status quo isn’t working, as you can see by the uptake in tickets before the deadline, people aren’t that arsed for their own seat.

Saying ‘that’s the way it is’ isn’t going to improve anything, just because it fails now, doesn’t mean we need to keep failing it. We don’t even promote it as a family section so how are newcomers to our stadium going to be aware of this?

If you had no clue about Easter road, but fancied the game on Friday night with your wife and kids, would you know there was a family stand?

Get the end sections closed, the top tiers closed, fill the middle/bottom sections before opening these up and get the place buzzing on Friday night, instead because a handful of people are sacred over a piece of plastic that they paid for for league games only, while getting a 10% discount, we will have zero atmosphere and tiny pockets of fans dotted around the stadium.

I admire your optimism.

It's a Friday night match against 2nd tier Inverness, it's live on the BBC and the weather will probably stll be honking.

You could make the FF lower a singing section with free entry - the stadium will still be half (or a third) empty.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 09:22 AM
I think the singing section relocating to the FF lower could be a great thing and possibly help to grow that section of the fanbase, particularly in the younger generation coming through who are looking to get involved.

It needs to be planned, communicated, tested etc. though in the right way in order to get the club fully behind it. Otherwise there is the risk that support for it will subside.

Can we have confirmation from someone in the singing section as to what palnning went into this and what the communication with the club was on it?

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 09:23 AM
I admire your optimism.

It's a Friday night match against 2nd tier Inverness, it's live on the BBC, the weather will probably stll be honking.

You could make the FF lower a singing section with free entry - the stadium will still be half (or a third) empty.

Correct, finally something we agree on. That surely gave the club the best chance to try new ideas. No tickets are pre-purchased like season tickets are, so haven’t the excuse of upsetting others. Those that do attend can be tight together and not dotted around which will increase the atmosphere. As it stands, it looks like the stadium will be at least half empty.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Apologies. I was only trying to offer a suggestion moving forward. To make a strong case to the club. I hadn't realised you had already approached the club about cup games.

‘Proactive’ - the club have highly paid individuals for doing the best they can, in all situations. Simply saying ‘that’s the way it always has been so that’s the way it will be’ is failing the ticketing side of it. Like I said, it shouldn’t take people approaching them with ideas for them to try things out to improve it. And even when they do get approached they are reluctant to change the status quo.

jonny
24-02-2020, 09:25 AM
Is it?

Just some thoughts.

I'm sure you'll find that a high percentage of the FFL is currently sold out. I sit there with my kids and I can understand why people might think that the empty spaces mean seats are available but if you look for tickets for a cup game before the ST priority period is over you'll realise that unsold seats are actually few and far between in the FFL.
A lot of people with kids have loads of other commitments and so don't get to a lot of games. Personally, between my own health and my kids own football commitments we only make just over half the games. I always try and pass our ST's to a friend or family member when we can't make it along but our seats will be completely empty 25% of the time.

For what it's worth, as I mentioned before I'd be happy to relocate as long as it was to seats with a decent view (not stuck in a corner at low level) and we were kept together.
A swap to the FF Upper to allow safe standing for the singing section in the FF Lower might be a decent option.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 09:32 AM
Correct, finally something we agree on. That surely gave the club the best chance to try new ideas. No tickets are pre-purchased like season tickets are, so haven’t the excuse of upsetting others. Those that do attend can be tight together and not dotted around which will increase the atmosphere. As it stands, it looks like the stadium will be at least half empty.

‘Proactive’ - the club have highly paid individuals for doing the best they can, in all situations. Simply saying ‘that’s the way it always has been so that’s the way it will be’ is failing the ticketing side of it. Like I said, it shouldn’t take people approaching them with ideas for them to try things out to improve it. And even when they do get approached they are reluctant to change the status quo.

Last season, ST sales and average attendances were at a record high.

Maybe the club were thinking along the lines of "if it's no' burst, don't fix it"?

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Last season, ST sales and average attendances were at a record high.

Maybe the club were thinking along the lines of "if it's no' burst, don't fix it"?

Season tickets, league games, all fine and well. Run of the mill cup games are totally different, they do need fixed. I wouldn’t be advocating experimenting at league games right now as the attendances are up and have been for a few years. Even folk wanting to lower those prices I’m not keen. We are now 4 days from this cup tie though and we genuinely have about 3/4 of available tickets still up for sale.

We had 10k at the Dundee United game, 6.5k at Morton game, presumably less/same at the group stage games.

Last year 7k vs Elgin, 9k vs raith.

Now I get we may not improve the numbers as the games aren’t exactly mouth watering, but we can do something about those in the stadium and how to maximise the atmosphere.

We also do nothing in these games to price them correctly and while I agree both teams need to agree, our pricing is always the exact same which leads me to believe our club are partly (at least) responsible for this.

SquashedFrogg
24-02-2020, 09:47 AM
I'm sure you'll find that a high percentage of the FFL is currently sold out. I sit there with my kids and I can understand why people might think that the empty spaces mean seats are available but if you look for tickets for a cup game before the ST priority period is over you'll realise that unsold seats are actually few and far between in the FFL.
A lot of people with kids have loads of other commitments and so don't get to a lot of games. Personally, between my own health and my kids own football commitments we only make just over half the games. I always try and pass our ST's to a friend or family member when we can't make it along but our seats will be completely empty 25% of the time.

For what it's worth, as I mentioned before I'd be happy to relocate as long as it was to seats with a decent view (not stuck in a corner at low level) and we were kept together.
A swap to the FF Upper to allow safe standing for the singing section in the FF Lower might be a decent option.

Totally with you. I used to take my youngest to the FFL (which is a great environment for their first experience) and there are a number of reasons why they can't come to every game. I'd also suggest, as you do, that the FFL has a high number of ST's sold.

I was just trying to make sense of the current criticism of the club and offer a suggestion.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 09:47 AM
Season tickets, league games, all fine and well. Run of the mill cup games are totally different, they do need fixed. I wouldn’t be advocating experimenting at league games right now as the attendances are up and have been for a few years. Even folk wanting to lower those prices I’m not keen. We are now 4 days from this cup tie though and we genuinely have about 3/4 of available tickets still up for sale.

We had 10k at the Dundee United game, 6.5k at Morton game, presumably less/same at the group stage games.

Last year 7k vs Elgin, 9k vs raith.

Now I get we may not improve the numbers as the games aren’t exactly mouth watering, but we can do something about those in the stadium and how to maximise the atmosphere.

We also do nothing in these games to price them correctly and while I agree both teams need to agree, our pricing is always the exact same which leads me to believe our club are partly (at least) responsible for this.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

It's not just at Easter Road, in Scotland or even the UK that cup games aren't always well attended.

There are maybe things that could be tried, though I've honestly no idea what.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 09:51 AM
How is it stupid?? bizarre thing to come away with if you ask me.

The club need to grow a set of balls over this if you ask me. Give the singing section half of the FF Lower at first then hopefully the lot.

Re-Homing the people that sit on their hands in a quarter full stand every week shouldn't be a problem, even if it means the club knocking a bit of their season tickets next season.

It's stupid because not one person has said anything about being scared of creating an atmosphere.

Your assertion is the bizarre thing.

As far as as I can see, more or less everyone is in favour of moving the singing section. They just want it to be done in the right way so that everyone's needs and wants are catered for.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 09:51 AM

Any update on what arrangements were made?

No arrangements around the single ticket purchase issue it would seem. How are the singing section going about purchasing tickets in the FF lower for Friday without an accompanying child?

Bobby's Cinema
24-02-2020, 09:52 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you.

It's not just at Easter Road, in Scotland or even the UK that cup games aren't always well attended.

There are maybe things that could be tried, though I've honestly no idea what.
I've seen some good suggestions reading through this thread tbf. The club should be looking at this now for the upcoming season, seemingly simple changes that can make a difference to the match day experience.

SquashedFrogg
24-02-2020, 09:56 AM

If you can share what the club have said to your requests then that gives a starting point to work from. Surely they didn't just say 'no' in their response?

As for failing the ticketing side. If the club did allow a move to the FFL, do you think it will increase the attendance figures? If so, I'd say that's your selling point to the club. If they can sell more tickets then I'd be astonished if they didn't listen to any proposals.

Begbie79
24-02-2020, 10:01 AM
It's stupid because not one person has said anything about being scared of creating an atmosphere.

Your assertion is the bizarre thing.

As far as as I can see, more or less everyone is in favour of moving the singing section. They just want it to be done in the right way so that everyone's needs and wants are catered for.

The bizarre thing for you is someone daring to have a different opinion to yours. Relatively new to the forum and its constantly clogged up with you disagreeing with people and getting your knickers in a twist.

This has been a popular topic across the many Hibs outlets across all forms of social media, remember, this is more than .net out there.

Easter Road is a whisker away from being totally devoid of any atmosphere, fans comment on it, away fans comment on it, opposing players pass comment on it.

In your righteous and worthy opinion whats the correct way to do it then? without boring me to death mind ive got a job to do and read enough of your pish as it is. :aok:

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 10:01 AM
If you can share what the club have said to your requests then that gives a starting point to work from. Surely they didn't just say 'no' in their response?

As for failing the ticketing side. If the club did allow a move to the FFL, do you think it will increase the attendance figures? If so, I'd say that's your selling point to the club. If they can sell more tickets then I'd be astonished if they didn't listen to any proposals.

There have been many proposals put in here by people to KP and he has taken them for them to be knocked back.

For this game, and other cup games of this level, nothing will really increase the attendances, just like it wouldn’t decrease attendances. What it would do though is increase the atmosphere and give the team a lift. I don’t see a downside to it, but maybe the club could come and explain a downside to some of the proposals in this thread.

BroxburnHibee
24-02-2020, 10:10 AM
Not convinced the FF lower is a good spot anyway.

Atmosphere comes from having a ding dong with the opposing fans. Being at the opposite end wont change that.

Sounds to me like you're now admitting that moving up there was a mistake.

Just buy tickets in the east next season and be done with it :greengrin

Carheenlea
24-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Atmosphere doesn’t always have to be about singing songs.
An enthusiastic crowd inside Easter Road can make plenty of noise by backing the team with encouragement, venting anger at bad decisions and belting out chants when it feels appropriate.

The 1875 group make a conscious effort to sing all game and fair play, but it’s not everyone that is up for doing that. Easter Road will be roughly half filled on Friday, but I’ve experienced some great atmospheres in smaller crowds if a game plays out in a certain fashion - maybe not wall to wall singing for 90 mins but a decent racket none the less. Also had plenty that sound like a library, and a small singing section doesn’t really change that much.
Atmosphere is largely driven by what is playing out on the pitch.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 10:24 AM
The bizarre thing for you is someone daring to have a different opinion to yours. Relatively new to the forum and its constantly clogged up with you disagreeing with people and getting your knickers in a twist.

This has been a popular topic across the many Hibs outlets across all forms of social media, remember, this is more than .net out there.

Easter Road is a whisker away from being totally devoid of any atmosphere, fans comment on it, away fans comment on it, opposing players pass comment on it.

In your righteous and worthy opinion whats the correct way to do it then? without boring me to death mind ive got a job to do and read enough of your pish as it is. :aok:

You said that s sizeable elements of our support are scared of creating an atmosphere.

That's what I disagree with. It's just not true and it's insulting to the people with a different opinion to you.

Since you ask, in my opinion, the right thing to do is for the club to spell out at the start of the season what the arrangements for seating are. It would be wrong for them to take in the season ticket money with the promise that fans will have first dibs at their own seat for cup games, and then deny them that opportunity in favour of another group of fans.

The club should consult with current FF Lower ST holders to see what the best compromise would be. I'd favour giving them the FF upper tier and letting the singing section have the lower.

I don't think fans should just take things into their own hands and run roughshod over other supporters who have every right to be in those seats.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 10:30 AM
You said that s sizeable elements of our support are scared of creating an atmosphere.

That's what I disagree with. It's just not true and it's insulting to the people with a different opinion to you.

Since you ask, in my opinion, the right thing to do is for the club to spell out at the start of the season what the arrangements for seating are. It would be wrong for them to take in the season ticket money with the promise that fans will have first dibs at their own seat for cup games, and then deny them that opportunity in favour of another group of fans.

The club should consult with current FF Lower ST holders to see what the best compromise would be. I'd favour giving them the FF upper tier and letting the singing section have the lower.

I don't think fans should just take things into their own hands and run roughshod over other supporters who have every right to be in those seats.

Serious point as I may have missed it/just can’t find it, but do the club promise you your own seat for cup ties as part of the season ticket marketing? In the marketing I received it gives you discounted cup tickets, nothing at all to do with getting your own seat.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Serious point as I may have missed it/just can’t find it, but do the club promise you your own seat for cup ties as part of the season ticket marketing? In the marketing I received it gives you discounted cup tickets, nothing at all to do with getting your own seat.

I thought that was the case. It's certainly what they've always done and it's expected.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 10:33 AM

That's a very good point and probably the club's hands are tied in that sense. I think potentially that may be the stumbling block in Hibs being able to accommodate the singing section properly on Friday with their request to test out the FF lower. That and of course the single ticket purchase issue which I'd imagine would need to be arranged via Ticketmaster well in advance.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 10:37 AM
I thought that was the case. It's certainly what they've always done and it's expected.

If it’s not promised then you can’t take the huff when it’s not done though. For me, a season ticket is a discounted league campaign and a guaranteed seat for that, plus priority away ticketing (as it stands), the discount for cup games is generous and a decent touch, even if it only lasts a few days. Seat priority isn’t a given and as such allows the club to try new initiatives. In my opinion of course.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 10:41 AM
If it’s not promised then you can’t take the huff when it’s not done though. For me, a season ticket is a discounted league campaign and a guaranteed seat for that, plus priority away ticketing (as it stands), the discount for cup games is generous and a decent touch, even if it only lasts a few days. Seat priority isn’t a given and as such allows the club to try new initiatives. In my opinion of course.

They'd have to remove the opportunity to buy your own seat from every ST holder in the stadium in that case. Including the singing section.

Can you imagine if they did that? There would be a lot more happening than folk just taking the huff!

Groathillgrump
24-02-2020, 10:50 AM

It's maybe not promised but it's certainly implied. Why else would the club give ST holders a priority window to buy their own seats before tickets go on general sale?

Power
24-02-2020, 11:36 AM
Can KP let us know if the club have any awareness of this?

Happy to detail where I am with this - there’s certainly been discussions between the group and the club but I’ve only got half the information - not clear to me on either side who is leading but they’ll be working together but timing has always been against both parties on this

(I’ve got my information from a member of the group - definitely good to be kept informed - only having a bit of detail on this is fair enough, this is a specific scenario and I’m not the Supporter Liaison Officer but I’m more than happy to help where I can in these situations, just need to be kept in the loop).

Sure we’ll find out more in the next 24 hours as to next steps, if any.

Moving forward what I can try and influence is our approach - I want to find a solution that suits all - club and support (collective) - there’s quite a number of stakeholders, teams and people involved on both sides, including the wider support.

It’s not a straightforward position (look at this thread for example, the previous survey feedback, etc). This forum is just a small snapshot of a big support too. The last thing we want to do is make rushed plans/initiatives/trials (but noted there does need to be a starting point somewhere/sometime) - ALL parties want the experience at Easter Road to be the best/work, definitely nobody I’ve met or spoke to wanting or pushing it to be anything other because of X.
Difficult one to balance all the views (Club and support) and specific sensitivities - areas, seat priorities, views, pricing, atmosphere etc - there will be a solution in there - the group does contribute a lot to matchday experience/stadium atmosphere (agreed by all) and we should make every effort to accommodate them as best we can. Flipped, the club want to cater for every Hibs fan, everyone is equal and respected and any change needs to work comfortably.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Happy to detail where I am with this - there’s certainly been discussions between the group and the club but I’ve only got half the information - not clear to me on either side who is leading but they’ll be working together but timing has always been against both parties on this

(I’ve got my information from a member of the group - definitely good to be kept informed - only having a bit of detail on this is fair enough, this is a specific scenario and I’m not the Supporter Liaison Officer but I’m more than happy to help where I can in these situations, just need to be kept in the loop).

Moving forward what I can try and influence is our approach - I want to find a solution that suits all - club and support (collective) - there’s quite a number of stakeholders, teams and people involved on both sides, including the wider support.

It’s not a straightforward position (look at this thread for example, the previous survey feedback, etc). This forum is just a small snapshot of a big support too. The last thing we want to do is make rushed plans/initiatives/trials (but noted there does need to be a starting point somewhere/sometime) - ALL parties want the experience at Easter Road to be the best/work, definitely nobody I’ve met or spoke to wanting or pushing it to be anything other because of X.
Difficult one to balance all the views (Club and support) and specific sensitivities - areas, seat priorities, views, pricing, atmosphere etc - there will be a solution in there - the group does contribute a lot to matchday experience/stadium atmosphere (agreed by all) and we should make every effort to accommodate them as best we can. Flipped, the club want to cater for every Hibs fan, everyone is equal and respected and any change needs to work comfortably.

Have you ever thought about a move into politics? :greengrin

Power
24-02-2020, 12:04 PM
Have you ever thought about a move into politics? :greengrin

Woah! No way! 🤪

Being a parent of young children is enough for me headache wise.

In all seriousness, one on my pad to find a solution or better working arrangement sooner rather than later.

ronaldo7
24-02-2020, 12:51 PM

Any idea if the SLO has been doing anything on this subject since the group last asked the question?

Power
24-02-2020, 12:58 PM
Any idea if the SLO has been doing anything on this subject since the group last asked the question?

No idea but would guess so. Not a small task for a Monday after a home game - Any change like this impacts other areas too - match safety, match operations, Sales, Ticket Office (external supplier permissions change too) and Communications (All from top of my head).

Begbie79
24-02-2020, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. It's as if whoever started the survey is unhappy with what people's opinions actually were. The last I read, there was ~50% in favour of moving the Singing Section back to the East Stand.

There's a very vocal minority in favour of converting the FF Lower, including some who have said they have no intention of actually moving there. Surely the best way to gauge demand is to try it out in games like the upcoming ICT match, but with the full approval and co-operation of the club.

Failing that, why don't the people that actually want to create a decent atmosphere just move into Section 43 and surrounding areas and just sing? There are so many people that just want to sit in silence, or stare at their mobile phones. TBH, the biggest issue I can see is that, overall, we're a bl**dy boring group of Fans.

100% this. Never used to be that way though.

ronaldo7
24-02-2020, 01:06 PM
No idea but would guess so. Not a small task for a Monday after a home game - Any change like this impacts other areas too - match safety, match operations, Sales, Ticket Office (external supplier permissions change too) and Communications (All from top of my head).

I understand all the hoops that have to be jumped through, however, the question was asked ages ago, maybe it's time the SLO gave us all an update.

Statement incoming.

GreenCastle
24-02-2020, 01:54 PM
The Supporter Liaison Officer is Colin Millar - does he attend the working together meetings ?

It was 3 weeks from the draw to the game for Hibs to simply say this will be a trial of supporters section in FF lower.

Why has it taken less than 7 days before game to try rush a plan ?

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 01:56 PM
The Supporter Liaison Officer is Colin Millar - does he attend the working together meetings ?

It was 3 weeks from the draw to the game for Hibs to simply say this will be a trial of supporters section in FF lower.

It seems to be certain supporters that are trying to rush a plan, not the club.

But you'll blame the club anyway.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 01:59 PM
They'd have to remove the opportunity to buy your own seat from every ST holder in the stadium in that case. Including the singing section.

Can you imagine if they did that? There would be a lot more happening than folk just taking the huff!

Absolutely. That doesn’t stop you buying your own seat (or very close to it) though. That would mean doing the same as before over and over again for small cup games (small as in attendance wise). Thus accepting that the atmosphere is always going to be ***** and not changing it.

What else would be happening? Genuine question again as barely any people take up that option anyway, so why would it suddenly be such a big deal? We have what 13000ish STH, and your lucky if 10% of those buy their own seat.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 02:01 PM

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 02:12 PM
Absolutely. That doesn’t stop you buying your own seat (or very close to it) though. That would mean doing the same as before over and over again for small cup games (small as in attendance wise). Thus accepting that the atmosphere is always going to be ***** and not changing it.

What else would be happening? Genuine question again as barely any people take up that option anyway, so why would it suddenly be such a big deal? We have what 13000ish STH, and your lucky if 10% of those buy their own seat.

A significant change in the way Hibs sell tickets like this should be made clear before STs go on sale, but I don't think it would be as easy as is being suggested.

What if we'd allowed a free for all when we had the replay against Hearts? It would have been carnage with people scrambling to get their own seats before someone else with bought them.

I don't have a ST anymore so if there was simply a general sale, I'd be trying to get the best seats right on the halfway line, halfway up the West. The poor bloke who's been sitting there for the last 20 years can move to the top left of the FF for all I care. (That's an anecdote, not my actual attitude, but it would happen.)

For me, ST holders must be given a window to buy their own seat for cup games.

GreenCastle
24-02-2020, 02:14 PM

I didn’t blame the club.

I asked the question why taken time to sort (that applies to both sides).

But as a supporter Liaison in a FT role surely going by past experiences / games they should have predicted the FF would be empty again and maybe try engage and do something about it to help Hibs get to the semi.

A bit of buzz and something different may have seen a larger crowd instead we have lots of posts on here of fans confused what’s happening and no further solution.

GreenCastle
24-02-2020, 02:20 PM

I didn’t blame the club.

But as a supporter Liaison in a FT role surely going by past experiences / games they should have predicted the FF would be empty again and maybe try engage and do something about it to help Hibs get to the semi.

A bit of buzz and something different may have seen a larger crowd instead we have lots of posts on here of fans confused what’s happening and no further solution.

Since452
24-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Not had a chance to look through the thread but has KP commented? Maybe he can shed some light on whether the club are giving this the OK?

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 02:32 PM
I didn’t blame the club.

There you go again.

You've criticised the club on 2-3 points in your post, whereas any doubt/confusion seems to have been caused by a couple of posts on here - ie. nothing to do with the club.

Chuck Rhoades
24-02-2020, 02:49 PM
Hearing through the grapevine that Hibs have had a couple of complaints and have reversed their stance on this and now blocked Fridays move and won’t be changing restrictions on tickets in FFL for this match.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Hearing through the grapevine that Hibs have had a couple of complaints and have reversed their stance on this and now blocked Fridays move and won’t be changing restrictions on tickets in FFL for this match.

They've reversed their stance?

Did they really agree to lift the restricitions in the first place?

Chuck Rhoades
24-02-2020, 02:55 PM
They've reversed their stance?

Did they really agree to lift the restricitions in the first place?

Yes. On Saturday. Can only go by what I am being told from people involved. Hibs have confirmed that they’ve had complaints today and are now not supporting it. Not surprised re complaints given they failed to communicate this to supporters!

Chorley Hibee
24-02-2020, 02:56 PM
I don't think it was ever happening if truth be told, as I don't believe the appetite is there amongst the custodians of our club to change it.

Looks like we'll be persisting with this way for a while, much to detriment of atmosphere at ER, and certainly to the detriment of capturing the imagination of younger generations of support.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 02:59 PM
A significant change in the way Hibs sell tickets like this should be made clear before STs go on sale, but I don't think it would be as easy as is being suggested.

What if we'd allowed a free for all when we had the replay against Hearts? It would have been carnage with people scrambling to get their own seats before someone else with bought them.

I don't have a ST anymore so if there was simply a general sale, I'd be trying to get the best seats right on the halfway line, halfway up the West. The poor bloke who's been sitting there for the last 20 years can move to the top left of the FF for all I care. (That's an anecdote, not my actual attitude, but it would happen.)

For me, ST holders must be given a window to buy their own seat for cup games.

Hearts games should be treated as a totally desperate entity, it’s going to sell out so we need to have a priority window of some sort.

In smaller games where the majority of the stadium lies empty, and 10% or less take up the option of their own seat/discount then we need to look at other ways to group everyone together and create an atmosphere, to me that is closing top sections of the ground until they are needed to open.

I’m fed up sitting in a soulless atmosphere for smaller cup games just for the sake of some wee guy getting to sit in the west upper corner on his own, when reality is he would probably have absolutely no issue sitting in the lower tier.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 02:59 PM
I don't think it was ever happening if truth be told, as I don't believe the appetite is there amongst the custodians of our club to change it.

Looks like we'll be persisting with this way for a while, much to detriment of atmosphere at ER and ertainly to the detriment of capturing the imagination of younger generations.

Do people really need their own special section in a very specific part of the ground in order to capture their imagination?

And what if the atmosphere was still pish? Where will they commandeer next?

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:00 PM
Some of our supporters truly are the most short-sighted people going. When we’re outsung by a few hundred Caley fans on Friday, don’t be surprised. Absolutely embarrassing, for a quarter final too

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Some of our supporters truly are the most short-sighted people going. When we’re outsung by a few hundred Caley fans on Friday, don’t be surprised. Absolutely embarrassing, for a quarter final too

What supporters are you speaking about?

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:02 PM

If the shoe fits. Your posts on this thread have been an absolute embarrassment and Easter Road would be a far better place to go if it wasn’t full of people with your kind of mentality when it comes to active support

Chuck Rhoades
24-02-2020, 03:03 PM

The ones complaining presumably?

Since452
24-02-2020, 03:05 PM
I think shooting into a sparse FF stand littered with a few children must be a huge boost to the players. Who wants a rowdy Partizan atmosphere behind the goals waiting to erupt when Hibs score anyway

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 03:07 PM
If the shoe fits. Your posts on this thread have been an absolute embarrassment and Easter Road would be a far better place to go if it wasn’t full of people with your kind of mentality when it comes to active support

Please give me some examples of where I embarrassed you.

Clown.

Steven79
24-02-2020, 03:07 PM
I think shooting into a sparse FF stand littered with a few children must be a huge boost to the players. Who wants a rowdy Partizan atmosphere behind the goals waiting to erupt when Hibs score anywayPretty much!

We are own worst enemy at times...

HibeeHibernian4
24-02-2020, 03:08 PM

Completely agree. How anybody can be satisfied with the current situation re atmosphere inside Easter Road at the moment is beyond me. People talk about the club not doing enough to attract tourists etc., let me put it to you like this: why would any Italian, German, even bloody American tourist, who is used to the loud and colourful atmospheres of their home leagues, be interested in paying £23 to watch a game played in near silence?

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:09 PM
We are in danger of alienating an entire generation of young football supporters in Edinburgh if we carry on listening to the demands of a vocal minority that have a backwards attitude to active support. Let’s be serious here, we are not Barcelona, we will not attract young kids to Easter Road through stunning, trailblazing football. It is things like ultra scenes and tifo displays that will attract youngsters away from watching football on their TV screens and into the stadium.

And what does our club do to facilitate that? Nothing. Because a handful of stubborn people have got it in their heads that any help given to Since 1875 is “preferential treatment” and somehow unfair. These people are genuinely damaging the standing of our club, and I really hope there comes a day when Hibs stop listening to them.

A few seasons ago, our atmosphere was the envy of most clubs in Scotland. Now, it is disjointed and piss poor most weeks. I don’t care if you’re not bothered by it, the status quo doesn’t help the team, we NEED to make Easter Road as atmospheric as possible.

So for everyone who complained, well done, if we’re outsung by 400 Caley fans (as I expect we will be) and shooting towards a 10% full FF lower in the second half (as I expect we will be), then you know who to blame, it’s yourselves.

Begbie79
24-02-2020, 03:10 PM
Absolutely stinking attitude from the club if this is true and they have caved in to a couple of complaints from people in an otherwise empty part of the ground.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 03:13 PM

What stance was this exactly? No communication by the club about lifting ticket restrictions in FF lower - did they ever agree to it?

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Please give me some examples of where I embarrassed you.

Clown.

Your mentality, as displayed on the posts on this thread, is an embarrassment to the Hibs support. Why can you not accept that a decent portion of your team’s fans want a designated section of the ground to make an atmosphere? Why do you try and turn it into some massive conundrum? It’s not difficult, give those who want to make an atmosphere whatever they need to do so, because it is pivotal that we have one, ESPECIALLY for games like Friday night

Chorley Hibee
24-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Do people really need their own special section in a very specific part of the ground in order to capture their imagination?

And what if the atmosphere was still pish? Where will they commandeer next?

Look around Europe and even some teams in the UK for the proof that it works, and these designated areas do indeed capture the imagination of many (hence how they have spread across the continent).

Instead we'll persist with the broken system we have for ticketing (unable to buy tickets for the derby for FFL without a kid, even though there are no seats together) and continue with the sterile, flat atmosphere that we have now.

We really know how to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 03:15 PM
The ones complaining presumably?

We are in danger of alienating an entire generation of young football supporters in Edinburgh if we carry on listening to the demands of a vocal minority that have a backwards attitude to active support. Let’s be serious here, we are not Barcelona, we will not attract young kids to Easter Road through stunning, trailblazing football. It is things like ultra scenes and tifo displays that will attract youngsters away from watching football on their TV screens and into the stadium.

And what does our club do to facilitate that? Nothing. Because a handful of stubborn people have got it in their heads that any help given to Since 1875 is “preferential treatment” and somehow unfair. These people are genuinely damaging the standing of our club, and I really hope there comes a day when Hibs stop listening to them.

A few seasons ago, our atmosphere was the envy of most clubs in Scotland. Now, it is disjointed and piss poor most weeks. I don’t care if you’re not bothered by it, the status quo doesn’t help the team, we NEED to make Easter Road as atmospheric as possible.

So for everyone who complained, well done, if we’re outsung by 400 Caley fans (as I expect we will be) and shooting towards a 10% full FF lower in the second half (as I expect we will be), then you know who to blame, it’s yourselves.

I agree with everything you're saying about atmosphere, however I don't believe that anything was confirmed by the club regarding changing the set-up for Friday's match.

On February 14th Hibs advertised that ST holders could buy their own seats up until Friday 21st. As soon as that was done there was no way that a singing section was going to be accommodated in the FF lower. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn't telling the whole truth IMO.

People then started criticising the club on this thread because of this - that's the only thing to which I was objecting - unfair criticism of the club.

hibeerealist
24-02-2020, 03:16 PM

i support what you guys do and what you are trying to do re FFL and cant understand the resistence I am in my sixties and take my grandsons to ER (we are all st holders - 6 in total) and the kids are always looking to the SS in FFU we are in the East

Good luck as i agree re the lack of atmosphere

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 03:18 PM
Your mentality, as displayed on the posts on this thread, is an embarrassment to the Hibs support. Why can you not accept that a decent portion of your team’s fans want a designated section of the ground to make an atmosphere? Why do you try and turn it into some massive conundrum? It’s not difficult, give those who want to make an atmosphere whatever they need to do so, because it is pivotal that we have one, ESPECIALLY for games like Friday night

You still haven't told me what's embarrassing about what I've posted.

I've been consistent in my support of the club. Whenever I cross swords with people on here, it's almost always because I'm defending the club.

If your embarrassed by that then it's you that has a problem.

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:18 PM
I agree with everything you're saying about atmosphere, however I don't believe that anything was confirmed by the club regarding changing the set-up for Friday's match.

On February 14th Hibs advertised that ST holders could buy their own seats up until Friday 21st. As soon as that was done there was no way that a singing section was going to be accommodated in the FF lower. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn't telling the whole truth IMO.

People then started criticising the club on this thread because of this - that's the only thing to which I was objecting - unfair criticism of the club.

I have it on good authority that this move was verbally agreed by the club for a one-off and it has now been reversed because of the complaints made from a handful of supporters. It was going to happen, it now isn’t. And when we are kicking towards less than a 1,000, lifeless fans in the second half on Friday, I’ll know exactly which section of our support the blame lies with

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:20 PM
You still haven't told me what's embarrassing about what I've posted.

I've been consistent in my support of the club. Whenever I cross swords with people on here, it's almost always because I'm defending the club.

If your embarrassed by that then it's you that has a problem.

I have no issue with you defending the club, it’s not the club I’m attacking here, it’s a portion of self-centred, short-sighted fans who do not understand active support culture and are therefore determined to wreck any meaningful attempts of getting it back off the ground at Easter Road

You said it all when you asked why we even need a designated singing section at Easter Road anyway. Have you heard how sterile the atmosphere is at most games these days?

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 03:21 PM

Why couldn’t it happen? There is less than 100 tickets sold in that section other than the front two rows.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 03:21 PM
I have it on good authority that this move was verbally agreed by the club for a one-off and it has now been reversed because of the complaints made from a handful of supporters. It was going to happen, it now isn’t. And when we are kicking towards less than a 1,000, lifeless fans in the second half on Friday, I’ll know exactly which section of our support that the blame lies

You're wrong to blame people in the family section. Their section until informed otherwise by the club- which until now they haven't been.

It's not the fault of those that are there that the place isn't fuller.

Neither is it their fault if they don't waant to take their kids to a behind the goal singing section - that isn't what they bought their tickets for.

Jones28
24-02-2020, 03:22 PM
I think something has to change in the FFL, it makes perfect sense to turn it into the rowdier area of the stadium, preferably with safe standing installed and the family pricing scheme relocated, maybe to the FFU?

I don’t think commandeering an area of the ground during the season - with or without the permission of the club - is the way to do it though. After all it’s not the supporters that need to be encouraged towards change but the club.

I don’t like the way that the club have handled this, by coming and going on the decision then changing their mind - if that’s the case, I’m not privy to information.

Jones28
24-02-2020, 03:23 PM
I have it on good authority that this move was verbally agreed by the club for a one-off and it has now been reversed because of the complaints made from a handful of supporters. It was going to happen, it now isn’t. And when we are kicking towards less than a 1,000, lifeless fans in the second half on Friday, I’ll know exactly which section of our support the blame lies with

Don’t blame the supporters. It’s not their fault they don’t want seats that some them will have had for 20 years changed.

Since452
Massive opportunity missed if this was agreed and the club have gone back on it (I don't know if that is the case).

I would be pretty certain there would be youngsters looking at Easter Road on the tele thinking to themselves "that looks ****ing amazing I want a bit of that". That's how you grow a fanbase. Ultra groups are all the rage. Motherwell are winning fan awards because of theirs, bloody Motherwell.

Like a previous poster said. We really don't help ourselves

Begbie79

To be honest the club are fully to blame, why you wouldn't want to take on board the opinions of a group of people who want to create a bit of atmosphere is beyond me. Instead listening to the views of, genuinely, a handful of people in a stadium that's rarely 60/70% full.

This is something the club should have set out a long time ago, never mind now. So i would say they are fully to blame here.

The club should be throwing a bit of weight behind this and partially funding things like displays and tifo's which is going to attract a lot more people to the club, whether they are lifelong fans or visitors its a no brainer. It works for almost every club in Germany and probably most of europe.

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:25 PM
You're wrong to blame people in the family section. Their section until informed otherwise by the club- which until now they haven't been.

Neither is it their fault if they don't waant to take their kids to a behind the goal singing section - that isn't what they bought their tickets for.

I’m not blaming those in the family section, but less than 100 tickets have been bought for Friday night in this part of the ground. SURELY, for the good of the team, move to the side for one game, and let a group of people determined to sing their hearts out for 90 minutes have that block for one game and see if it has a positive impact, I’m sure it would

Sadly, as I’ve said, the club seem to wilt to a bunch of dinosaurs who refuse to learn what active support actually entails on almost any issue. I’ll repeat again, we need an active support at Easter Road, otherwise - regardless of success on the pitch - the good feeling around Hibs will evaporate when things start to go south

At least then, maybe those who want to make an atmosphere will get free reign over where they want to stand, and we can make Easter Road an intimidating atmosphere once more

Danderhall Hibs
So nothing was official, someone complained on the back of a rumour and the club have retracted?

Sounds ridiculous. It’d be more likely that nothing was agreed in the first place.

Peevemor
I have no issue with you defending the club, it’s not the club I’m attacking here, it’s a portion of self-centred, short-sighted fans who do not understand active support culture and are therefore determined to wreck any meaningful attempts of getting it back off the ground at Easter Road

You said it all when you asked why we even need a designated singing section at Easter Road anyway. Have you heard how sterile the atmosphere is at most games these days?

The Taylor report and the SPL's unforced implementation of it in Scotland scunnered the atmosphere at matches.

I'm all for initiatives to bring the atmosphere back, but it has to be done properly - club & fans hand in hand.

Friday was never happening as proposed in this thread.

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Don’t blame the supporters. It’s not their fault they don’t want seats that some them will have had for 20 years changed.

For *one* game for the benefit of the atmosphere in a Scottish Cup quarter final tie that won’t have the greatest of attendances anyway?

I despair at the backwardness of this mentality, “it’s ma seat”, it’s a piece of bloody plastic for crying out loud. This was not billed as any sort of permanent move, just a one-off. But of course, the usual voices protest and the club wilts to them, to the detriment of our team’s chances of progressing on Friday night

B.H.F.C
24-02-2020, 03:27 PM
So nothing was official, someone complained on the back of a rumour and the club have retracted?

Sounds ridiculous. It’d be more likely that nothing was agreed in the first place.

Agree with this. What is also ridiculous though, IMO, is the continual lack of appetite from the club to do anything in that part of the ground where we have problems due to self imposed restrictions.

hibbysam
24-02-2020, 03:28 PM

There is still absolutely nothing about this area being a family section for Fridays game, and like I said I’d imagine a majority of kids will be like my own, and myself back in the day whereby the singing section is a huge reason behind them wanting to keep coming back. Sitting in a quiet stand, in the freezing cold/pishing rain is not going to make them want to come back.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 03:28 PM

What was verbally agreed though? That there would be a lift of the accompanying child restrictions in the FF lower? When had the club planned on announcing this? The game is in four days time and tickets have already been on sale for three days.

IMO there's no way that the club ever agreed to lift any ticket restrictions for this match. What most likely happened is the singing section approached them after initial ST sales window ended (when this thread was posted) and said to the club, we're going to move down to FF lower, to which the club probably said 'Aye on you go'. (nothing to stop them so long as there's an accompanying child).

If ticket restrictions were going to be lifted there's no way the club would do this halfway through ticket sales and it would have been communicated well in advance. I don't think they ever agreed to it.

JimBHibees
24-02-2020, 03:29 PM

What would stop a group of fans buying where ever in the ground and singing if they wanted to do that if sales are so low?

GreenCastle
24-02-2020, 03:31 PM
You couldn’t make it up.

Fans precious about their seats in a near empty FF stand denying fellow fans a chance to come and help the team progress to a semi final.

The club and staff should get criticism as they are clueless how to engage with the support at times and move with the times.

The ST renewals will be going out again soon and I hope they have thought what the plan is for the singing section as the current location isn’t working and ignoring it won’t fix it.

Also ignoring the fact the FF is always empty for cup games and nearly 50% full for most home games except Hearts when it still isn’t full even though is supposedly sold out isn’t right. Change is required.

HibeeHibernian4
24-02-2020, 03:32 PM

It’s a piece of plastic inside of a stadium that is a hangover from a badly put together Taylor Report, which was created with the intention of absolving negligent police officers and gentrifying football for good.

How I wish we could return to the days where “your seat” was not a thing, and you simply sat/stood wherever you fancied. Did you notice that the atmosphere was better then too? That’s not a strange coincidence, there’s a direct correlation.

Aberdeen last month allowed their Merkland (family) end to be turned into a one-off ‘red shed’, with unallocated tickets and standing allowed. The result? A vastly improved atmosphere for a game between Aberdeen and Dumbarton. Hopefully, Ron Gordon will take a leaf out Cormack’s book and realise that upsetting a few .net overthinkers is a price worth paying for improving the Easter Road atmosphere.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 03:32 PM
You couldn’t make it up.

Fans precious about their seats in a near empty FF stand denying fellow fans a chance to come and help the team progress to a semi final.

The club and staff should get criticism as they are clueless how to engage with the support at times and move with the times.

The ST renewals will be going out again soon and I hope they have thought what the plan is for the singing section as the current location isn’t working and ignoring it won’t fix it.

Also ignoring the fact the FF is always empty for cup games and nearly 50% full for most home games except Hearts when it still isn’t full even though is supposedly sold out isn’t right. Change is required.

I take it you're not criticising the club here either?

Makes a change eh?

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2020, 03:33 PM
You couldn’t make it up.

There’s nothing stopping anyone coming - there just won’t be any organised fun for them.

And there’s nothing to say the club agreed it and others are “stopping” the organised fun.

BoomtownHibees
24-02-2020, 03:34 PM
What would stop a group of fans buying where ever in the ground and singing if they wanted to do that if sales are so low?

You can’t buy a ticket in the FFL without purchasing a child’s ticket

GreenCastle
24-02-2020, 03:34 PM
I take it you're not criticising the club here either?

Makes a change eh?

I’m criticising it here as it’s another missed opportunity.

This is my view and you are in the minority so give it a rest or please give solutions and stop trolling folk on this thread.

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2020, 03:35 PM

This is my view and you are in the minority so give it a rest or please give solutions and stop trolling folk on this thread.

You don’t know it’s a minority and someone disagreeing with you doesn’t make them a troll.

Jones28
24-02-2020, 03:36 PM
For *one* game for the benefit of the atmosphere in a Scottish Cup quarter final tie that won’t have the greatest of attendances anyway?

I despair at the backwardness of this mentality, “it’s ma seat”, it’s a piece of bloody plastic for crying out loud. This was not billed as any sort of permanent move, just a one-off. But of course, the usual voices protest and the club wilts to them, to the detriment of our team’s chances of progressing on Friday night

I agree with the principle, but others will argue that they want to sit where they’ve always sat. I’ve suggested solutions to this issue on other threads about giving them first dibs to relocate elsewhere in the stadium and rip the seats out of the FFL, so I’m not here defending the mentality, I’m saying that these kinds of things really should trialled pre season, or maybe give it over entirely to the cup competitions.

hibbyfraelibby
24-02-2020, 03:36 PM

With you on this one. Sounds like a rehashed attempt of the previous failed attempt to hijack the FFL by a small, vocal and opinionated group which ultimately backfired and led to the current ban on buying singles for adults or upgrading kids tickets to the detriment of the wider support.

If KP, who is actually a director of the club, has not been able to confirm what must have been a board or at least CEO approved decision I'll treat claims that this was agreed then pulled after complaints with a sizable pinch of the old Saxa.

HibeeHibernian4
24-02-2020, 03:37 PM
What was verbally agreed though? That there would be a lift of the accompanying child restrictions in the FF lower? When had the club planned on announcing this? The game is in four days time and tickets have already been on sale for three days.

IMO there's no way that the club ever agreed to lift any ticket restrictions for this match. What most likely happened is the singing section approached them after initial ST sales window ended (when this thread was posted) and said to the club, we're going to move down to FF lower, to which the club probably said 'Aye on you go'. (nothing to stop them so long as there's an accompanying child).

If ticket restrictions were going to be lifted there's no way the club would do this halfway through ticket sales and it would have been communicated well in advance. I don't think they ever agreed to it.

You’re naïve in the extreme if you think the club relay everything to the wider fanbase first before doing it . I’m sure I’ve read on here before that they and the group have had meetings where stuff like this gets discussed.

Also, this idea that each member of the singing section were going to have to take a child in with them? 😂 It’s not a mascots in the tunnel situation and I’m confident in saying that the club were going to overlook it.

Peevemor
24-02-2020, 03:38 PM
Something obviously needs to be sorted out, but for the start of next season.

Anything sooner isn't going to happen.

mcohibs
24-02-2020, 03:41 PM

No a minority view. It looks as though the singing section have decided to move down to FF lower after the ST priority window and after tickets had already went on general sale on Friday.

Something like this needs to be planned well in advance to give the club the opportunity to accommodate and explore lifting ticket testrictions in that area. That takes a lot of planning through Ticketmaster etc.

Not the club's fault if the decision for singing section to relocate for this game was sprung on them.

GreenCastle
24-02-2020, 03:41 PM
You don’t know it’s a minority and someone disagreeing with you doesn’t make them a troll.

The majority on this thread want action. More want action than don’t.

Anyway hopeful change can happen for next season as this season we have missed the boat again trying to improve ER match day experiences.

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:44 PM

By which point we’ll have alienated another 50 or so young fans who are fed up of trying their best to create an atmosphere at Easter Road only to run into endless brick walls in doing so.

Read up on the Red Ultras at Aberdeen if you don’t believe me, obstinance from boards and fans alike kills active support, and I would not blame the folk in Since1875 if they gave up before long

We have to start treating those who want to make an atmosphere at Easter Road as a priority, and I know that will irk those of you who think “but singing doesn’t make you a better fan” or “I used to sing back in the day”, however it’s a harsh truth. The way football is going, we need all the vocal backing we can get, and the fact even a one-off trial is met with this level of resistance from some is an absolute embarrassment, in my eyes

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 03:44 PM
Hearts games should be treated as a totally desperate entity, it’s going to sell out so we need to have a priority window of some sort.

In smaller games where the majority of the stadium lies empty, and 10% or less take up the option of their own seat/discount then we need to look at other ways to group everyone together and create an atmosphere, to me that is closing top sections of the ground until they are needed to open.

I’m fed up sitting in a soulless atmosphere for smaller cup games just for the sake of some wee guy getting to sit in the west upper corner on his own, when reality is he would probably have absolutely no issue sitting in the lower tier.

There's absolutely no chance of that happening.

"I realise you and your mates have had a ST in that seat for many years, but you're going to have to sit in the last row of the lower tier."

"Aye, well you can stick next year's season tickets where the sun doesn't shine".

That would be totally self defeating.

Begbie79
24-02-2020, 03:45 PM
I agree with the principle, but others will argue that they want to sit where they’ve always sat. I’ve suggested solutions to this issue on other threads about giving them first dibs to relocate elsewhere in the stadium and rip the seats out of the FFL, so I’m not here defending the mentality, I’m saying that these kinds of things really should trialled pre season, or maybe give it over entirely to the cup competitions.

How can you work out if its going to work or not over 1 or 2 games though? especially in a pointless friendly against Swansea or some pish like that? or Forfar in the league cup.

This needs to be trialled for a season and hopefully next, ideally safe standing in the FF Lower, the club properly throwing their weight behind it, engaging with the fans that want to carry out displays and partially funding them.

to the 10 or 15 people that might have a problem with this to the extent they feel the need to send a strongly worded email to the club then tough. find a new seat. would rather look over the that part of the ground and see it absolutely bouncing than how its been since it was built.

bod
You can’t buy a ticket in the FFL without purchasing a child’s ticket

Is that still the case or have they changed it ?

mcohibs
You’re naïve in the extreme if you think the club relay everything to the wider fanbase first before doing it . I’m sure I’ve read on here before that they and the group have had meetings where stuff like this gets discussed.

Also, this idea that each member of the singing section were going to have to take a child in with them? 😂 It’s not a mascots in the tunnel situation and I’m confident in saying that the club were going to overlook it.

'This idea' is the current regulations when buying a ticket in the FF lower. What makes you confident that the club were planning to overlook it? When were they going to announce this? When were they planning to overwrte Ticketmaster's block on purchasing single seat tickets in that section? The game is in four days time with tickets on sale three days ago.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 03:46 PM
By which point we’ll have alienated another 50 or so young fans who are fed up of trying their best to create an atmosphere at Easter Road only to run into endless brick walls in doing so.

Read up on the Red Ultras at Aberdeen if you don’t believe me, obstinance from boards and fans alike kills active support, and I would not blame the folk in Since1875 if they gave up before long

We have to start treating those who want to make an atmosphere at Easter Road as a priority, and I know that will irk those of you who think “but singing doesn’t make you a better fan” or “I used to sing back in the day”, however it’s a harsh truth. The way football is going, we need all the vocal backing we can get, and the fact even a one-off trial is met with this level of resistance from some is an absolute embarrassment, in my eyes

How do you feel about alienating all the parents and their children?

There's a lot more of them than 50.

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:47 PM
Also, in terms of the “don’t blame the club” line, I think our board have done many great things (most recently the greenest club in Scotland initiative - which I think is fantastic!) but they are due criticism on this specific issue, and they have been due it for several years now. They are absolutely determined to turn a blind eye to it, kick it into the long grass and just hope the status quo remains. Surely it can’t go on for any longer, especially when so many fans agree something HAS to be done to address the poor atmosphere at Easter Road

malcolm
24-02-2020, 03:48 PM

Your reckoning of probability may owe more to it fitting your own perceptions and bias than any meaningful canvassing of opinion. Here’s mine:

I’d take great exception to moving down to the lower tier and swapping that with my great seat - which is further from the potential bad weather, has a great view and is not squeezed into a narrower space. I appreciate the option to move for cup games but am disinclined to do so.

Why do folk want to close the west upper for some cup games? Is to try and force an ‘atmosphere’ or to look good for the cameras? If it is the former then they are flogging a horse well beyond rigour mortis - there has not really been an ‘atmosphere’ in the west since the old north wing standees could stamp their feet.:wink: Moving folk down from the tier above will not change that.

Custom and practice is that you can have your season seat for cup games which has been the case from when cup games were removed from the season ticket.

The atmosphere that folk are looking to return is one rooted in the ability to stand and congregate together as desired. The fan influenced choice of a single tier east stand in retrospect was a mistake not just for the lengthy time to exit but the steepness makes it harder for a standing area to be placed there, i.e. where the atmosphere had naturally occurred in particular after the ‘benching’ of the cave behind the goals.

HibeeHibernian4

Season ticket renewals will be starting any day now, if previous years are anything to go by.

You’re not seriously suggesting that the club will just throw something together in August and hope for the best?

And anyway as has been pointed out Friday is a big match, the sort that could determine how many season ticket holders we have next year (particularly if we make a final). The club has a chance to give Hibs an edge (open to debate how big this edge is but I think it’s a significant one personally) by putting our most active, loudest support right behind the goals. It works across Britain and Europe, and it could be a difference maker on Friday.

The fact that it’s not looking likely to happen because maybe twenty season ticket holders in the FF Lower have some slavish devotion to sitting in their bit of plastic is a testament to Hibs’ priorities being completely wrong. Give the young team a section in the lower for the night and let them crack on with it. Simple as.

Begbie79
'This idea' is the current regulations when buying a ticket in the FF lower. What makes you confident that the club were planning to overlook it? When were they going to announce this? When were they planning to overwrte Ticketmaster's block on purchasing single seat tickets in that section? The game is in four days time with tickets on sale three days ago.

Wouldnt be difficult to do considering we have sold less than 100 tickets as it stands.

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:50 PM
How do you feel about alienating all the parents and their children?

There's a lot more of them than 50.

Honestly? I would say almost every single area at Easter Road is essentially a family stand right now (Hearts and OF games aside). The whole point of having a family section is it’s meant to differentiate from more boisterous areas. What our club (and a portion of our fans) seem to want is a sterile ground with an even more sterile area behind the goals. It’s just ridiculous, I will never stop criticising those who want the status quo to remain, they are completely and utterly wrong

Danderhall Hibs
24-02-2020, 03:50 PM
Also, in terms of the “don’t blame the club” line, I think our board have done many great things (most recently the greenest club in Scotland initiative - which I think is fantastic!) but they are due criticism on this specific issue, and they have been due it for several years now. They are absolutely determined to turn a blind eye to it, kick it into the long grass and just hope the status quo remains. Surely it can’t go on for any longer, especially when so many fans agree something HAS to be done to address the poor atmosphere at Easter Road

Did the club help with the last move the singing section made? I’m sure they were involved in relocating several fans who had been in seats for years and liked them due to the access etc.

Barney McGrew
24-02-2020, 03:51 PM
We have to start treating those who want to make an atmosphere at Easter Road as a priority, and I know that will irk those of you who think “but singing doesn’t make you a better fan” or “I used to sing back in the day”, however it’s a harsh truth

Having a drum, some flags on sticks and knocking out a couple of songs now and again doesn’t mean anyone should be treated with any kind of priority.

Just IMO.

Andy74
24-02-2020, 03:52 PM
You couldn’t make it up.

Change isn't necessarily required for the family section. It is what it is and that has to be accepted somewhat.

We all like to see the high season ticket numbers, we want to encourage a new generation of fans - family areas and family pricing are part of that.

Empty seats are an issue if they aren't sold - these are largely sold. It is only going to be an issue when fans that want to come to games can't get a ticket. Even then, if that's the case - buy a season ticket when you get a chance.

It has been covered lots of times on here - families don't always go, it's not always the same ones that are empty - that's just the way it is. I wouldn't discourage people from buying season tickets so that the odd walk up on a very rare occasion that they can't get a ticket has an issue. How many genuine full sell outs have we had?

I bought my daughter a season ticket in the East when she was 2. That was 10 years ago, when we had basically the whole block to ourselves because it was empty back then. I still buy that season ticket every year. She's been to about 2 games a season on average and it is empty the rest of the time. There will be a lit of similar situations, more concentrated in that family area.

ABZHFC
24-02-2020, 03:53 PM
Having a drum, some flags on sticks and knocking out a couple of songs now and again doesn’t mean anyone should be treated with any kind of priority.

Just IMO.

When the alternative is sitting for 90 minutes and not contributing whatsoever to the atmosphere, then I think they should be treated with some sort of respect for the fact that, without them, Easter Road’s atmosphere would be even worse than it currently is

It used to be good a few years ago, mind. It’s not like this is an impossible task to make it decent again

Hibbyradge
24-02-2020, 03:54 PM

I agree.

"The club" verbally agreed according to a good source.

It's a perfect hibs.net FACT.

Barney McGrew
24-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Did the club help with the last move the singing section made? I’m sure they were involved in relocating several fans who had been in seats for years and liked them due to the access etc.

Yup.

And now they’ve decided they don’t like that place, then some people would like to see more long standing season ticket holders punted out their seats to make way for where they want to go this time.

Bottom line is, the atmosphere in the stadium is dictated largely by what’s going on on the pitch. The ground will be noisier when the team is doing a lot of attacking and playing good football.