PDA

View Full Version : One Point Gained

Keith_M
22-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Seeing as we're having threads stating the bleedin obvious, I thought I'd join in.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Seeing as we're having threads stating the bleedin obvious, I thought I'd join in.

I’d view it somewhere in the middle. Should have won but considering the conditions and other results it’s not the end of the world.

truehibernian
22-02-2020, 05:37 PM
Any point gained is decent and these are games where in the past we would have maybe let crowd angst get to us, retreat and allow the opposition to snatch it at the end :aok: we have a good unbeaten run going into some really crucial (and good) games.

Livi are where they are on merit, not luck. Really good manager, well organised, fit, and very settled into their style - they play in an attrition way which suits them. The flurry of games we've played has also seen us get knocks and niggles, and the weather has certainly not helped.

Our next games will be more suited to the way we play, as Hearts will come and want to attack (Stendel style :greengrin), ICT are open the way they play so I see a good, open cup game there, and the likes of Saints, Hamilton and Aberdeen don't play defensive football. These games will bring space and options of attack.

Loads of football still to play, loads of opportunities exist for us to close the gap on 4th and 3rd. I actually think we look more solid and settled at the back too. Jackson looks impressive and has more minutes under his belt as does Docherty, McNulty and Omeonga. McGinn has slotted in really nicely and is a consistent performer, can see why St Mirren miss him.

Monts
22-02-2020, 05:50 PM

Some awfully precious people on this site tonight

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-02-2020, 06:06 PM
We would have taken a draw with Killie and a win today and that adds up to four points. Missing a penalty and the other results that have gone in our favour are making it a nippy one.

Sammy7nil
22-02-2020, 06:23 PM

Yep yer knob may be small but you have a huge arse to push it :wink:

Keith_M
22-02-2020, 06:46 PM

Are you referring to yourself?

Lago
22-02-2020, 08:06 PM

IN what respect exactly?

The 90+2
22-02-2020, 08:15 PM
It depends on how Killie do tomorrow I suppose.

Not beating Livi in three attempts with one of them being a pumping isn’t really good enough tbh.

Ryan91
22-02-2020, 08:17 PM
We would have taken a draw with Killie and a win today and that adds up to four points. Missing a penalty and the other results that have gone in our favour are making it a nippy one.

Suppose the silver lining is that whilst we haven't gained any ground on those above us, we've not lost ground either

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-02-2020, 08:22 PM

4 out of 6 isn't a bad haul out of those 2 games. Aye it's disappointing that we didnt take advantage of Aberdeen and Motherwell's results, yet we were up against another top 6 side and they were playing teams in the bottom half. If Kilie and St Johnstone both lose tomorrow it wont be a terrible weekend results wise.

Wheat Hound
22-02-2020, 08:24 PM
Suppose the silver lining is that whilst we haven't gained any ground on those above us, we've not lost ground either

We gained a point on Aberdeen. Not much but could yet be important.

Radium
22-02-2020, 08:38 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200222/89c0c6ab1d7713747dbf2717fb990c04.jpg

League table after the last home draw to Livi. Think it was Heckingbottoms last league game. Picking up points on most teams in the league since has us with something meaningful to aim for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-02-2020, 08:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200222/89c0c6ab1d7713747dbf2717fb990c04.jpg

League table after the last home draw to Livi. Think it was Heckingbottoms last league game. Picking up points on most teams in the league since has us with something meaningful to aim for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boyle's last minute equaliser which as the table shows kept us from being bottom of the league at the time. Things could be worse, we could be bottom of the league instead of our neighbours. 😉

The 90+2
23-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Not really looking that way now.

Keith_M
23-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Not really looking that way now.

Still loads of time.

The 90+2
23-02-2020, 02:29 PM
Still loads of time.

The Johnnies matched our result as obviously Livi and Killie are winning the now. Yesterday was never one point gained in its life mate.

Keith_M
23-02-2020, 02:31 PM
The Johnnies matched our result as obviously Livi and Killie are winning the now. Yesterday was never one point gained in its life mate.

I'm trying to remain positive.

It's not easy

EDIT: Now 1-1. Not long before Celtc are ahead.

:greengrin

greenlex
23-02-2020, 02:35 PM

It's not easy

:greengrin
It wasn’t.👍

roo62
23-02-2020, 02:36 PM

It's not easy

:greengrin Any more positive yet guys?

greenlex
23-02-2020, 02:37 PM

Depends if you’re looking up or down doesn’t it.

The 90+2
23-02-2020, 02:39 PM
Depends if you’re looking up or down doesn’t it.

I was looking up towards Livi’.

Tug Wilson
23-02-2020, 03:56 PM
A win would have been great yesterday. For about 5 minutes we were within a couple of points of the Dons.

Reality is that we have made up a point on them and Killie and lost no ground to either Motherwell or Livingston.

3 points in the derby now looking vital.

But first beat ICT.

Hopefully Hearts coming off a doing from The Rangers but maybe not considering how badly Gerrard's team is doing these days.

Keith_M
23-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Any more positive yet guys?

I'm really positive now.

:agree:

It's not easy reading threads on here.

roo62
23-02-2020, 05:00 PM
I'm really positive now.

:agree:

It's not easy reading threads on here. Just the rollercoaster ride of being a Hibby I guess

hibbyfraelibby
24-02-2020, 09:09 AM
A win would have been great yesterday. For about 5 minutes we were within a couple of points of the Dons.

Reality is that we have made up a point on them and Killie and lost no ground to either Motherwell or Livingston.

3 points in the derby now looking vital.

But first beat ICT.

Hopefully Hearts coming off a doing from The Rangers but maybe not considering how badly Gerrard's team is doing these days.

Gerrards team now only have the Cup to realistically aim for and will pummel Hearts to a pulp or their season is over.

Since452
24-02-2020, 09:12 AM
In a horrendous Saturday for football weather wise which made games a lottery we gained a point on Aberdeen. I'll take it.