PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Livingston

Pages : 1 [2]

SteveHFC
22-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Simply not good enough. Failing to beat a team like Livi twice at home is inexcusable.
Defensive frailties exposed yet again. Why, oh why, didn't we address this in January?
Or, you know, sign the highly experienced international defender who was a free agent and clearly happy to come back to Scotland...
Aye but did he want to come back to us?

A Hi-Bee
22-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Simply not good enough. Failing to beat a team like Livi twice at home is inexcusable.
Defensive frailties exposed yet again. Why, oh why, didn't we address this in January?
Or, you know, sign the highly experienced international defender who was a free agent and clearly happy to come back to Scotland...

but at least we didnie lose again.

Stuart93
22-02-2020, 03:58 PM
Everyone going on as if livi are a diddy team we should’ve pumped today

Not where they are in the league by luck

A very good organised team.

We still need a lot of work but it’s nothing we didn’t already know

HH81
Thought we had lost given some of the late posts. Two points dropped today.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Livi can consider themselves very lucky to escape with a point,the ref could have awarded us at least another two penalties for hand balls, until we tighten up this defence we are going to drop points against crap teams like them.

Sir David Gray
22-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Yet again another lead chucked away. Really not good enough over the 90 minutes and sums up why we're very unlikely to break into the top 4.

Vault Boy
Frustrating today. Boyle and Slivka really should have done better defending their goal, they didn't have much all game other than that.

CentreLine
And some people on here think we are going to pump hearts with a cricket score. Let’s have a reality check here. The loss of Newell was a big blow pre match, we need our best players on the pitch. Without them we suffer.

Heisenberg
22-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Same old story for Hibs. Get a chance to really do something with the season and **** it up. Still, only four behind Aberdeen. Need to start beating teams at home.

Helensburghhibs
Aye but did he want to come back to us?

Yes he did

PeeJay
Disappointing team performance for me - we can blame the defence for its usual mistakes (cheers Boyle) but our attack was petty ineffectual too ultimately - really bad day for us with our immediate rivals dropping points, us doing so too is really annoying. Livi deserved their point though - not a bad team, looked more composed than we did as a team, we had one or two individual moments: too many wrong decisions on our side.

murray26
22-02-2020, 04:01 PM
Disappointing but given the farcical weather and the fact Aberdeen and Motherwell dropped points it’s not a disaster.. still massive games to come onwards and upwards..

Hamish
22-02-2020, 04:01 PM

Have a word. No need for such a sensible post.

roo62
22-02-2020, 04:02 PM
2 points in three games against Livi, 2 ******* points

I know but the league says they are better than us currently and they have a better goal difference than Motherwell and Aberdeen.
They are such a difficult team to beat.
I think it will easier to win against Aberdeen and Motherwell in the top 6. Likely Living will be at home against us too and they may be the main team that stops us getting a European place.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Huge opportunity missed today.

Northernhibee
22-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Livi can consider themselves very lucky to escape with a point,the ref could have awarded us at least another two penalties for hand balls, until we tighten up this defence we are going to drop points against crap teams like them.

Wildly disrespectful, Livi are a very good side and deserve to be fifth in the league on merit.

When we stop viewing teams such as Livi etc. as "crap" then we may progress.

J-C
22-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Too many inconsistent players, too many picking up niggly injuries and some just not good enough. Omeonga must be crap in training if Slivka is ahead of him. I still feel the formation is makeshift due to players missing, we miss Boyle's pace in the final 3rd but in his position he also has to think about defending.

neil7908
22-02-2020, 04:06 PM
If we were a good team we would turn most of them games into wins.

Like the previous two league games you mean?

Since452
22-02-2020, 04:07 PM
***** weather, ***** result. A point closer to the sheep. We move on.

jacomo
22-02-2020, 04:08 PM
Huge opportunity missed today.

True but no great harm done either as it turns out.

Onion
22-02-2020, 04:08 PM
I know but the league says they are better than us currently and they have a better goal difference than Motherwell and Aberdeen.
They are such a difficult team to beat.
I think it will easier to win against Aberdeen and Motherwell in the top 6. Likely Living will be at home against us too and they may be the main team that stops us getting a European place.

Difficult team to beat so all the more reason not to miss a free kick from 12 yds. Sounds like we played well enough to win the game but have to take gilt edged chances if we’re interested in Europe. It’s the hope that kills.

H18S NX
22-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Home games have really cost us this season,pretty shan defending for the goal,big efe played very well in his slippers today,who's next for the penalties?

MWHIBBIES
22-02-2020, 04:10 PM
Livi are a championship team on grass pitches. Lost to Inverness last week. Gash result.

Ray_

McNulty, Doidge, Boyler, Silvka, Scotty all poor today, kept having to go backwards as all too easily marked, close range and arms tucked in, you don't get pens for that.

Bangkok Hibby
Disappointing today but just think back to Heckingbottoms time when all the talk was about relegation battles. FFS now people are now complaining that we're not doing enough to get 3rd or 4th. Jack Ross needs a summer transfer window and financial support from RG. We'll say goodbye to a few stalwarts and welcome some new blood. Hopefully better days ahead.

supermcginn
22-02-2020, 04:11 PM
or not being able to score with a free kick at goal from 12 yards out
Think defence is more of a worry 😒

roo62
22-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Difficult team to beat so all the more reason not to miss a free kick from 12 yds. Sounds like we played well enough to win the game but have to take gilt edged chances if we’re interested in Europe. It’s the hope that kills.

Agreed. Huge moment in the game which could be really costly for us.

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-02-2020, 04:12 PM
Wildly disrespectful, Livi are a very good side and deserve to be fifth in the league on merit.

When we stop viewing teams such as Livi etc. as "crap" then we may progress.

No it's not.

Borderhibbie76
22-02-2020, 04:13 PM
That might be the coldest I've ever been at ER ...absolutely frozen today and was quite a poor match too. Livi stifle the life out of you...it works for them but its dull

Northernhibee
22-02-2020, 04:14 PM
No it's not.

So why are Livi not fifth in merit?

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-02-2020, 04:15 PM
McNulty, Doidge, Boyler, Silvka, Scotty all poor today, kept having to go backwards as all too easily marked, close range and arms tucked in, you don't get pens for that.

Watch it on Alba the decide.

cabbageandribs1875
22-02-2020, 04:15 PM
Think defence is more of a worry 😒

but if we score more than them we win 😊

roo62
22-02-2020, 04:16 PM
That might be the coldest I've ever been at ER ...absolutely frozen today and was quite a poor match too. Livi stifle the life out of you...it works for them but its dull

Aye imagine watching Livi v Aberdeen 😂. Eye bleeding. At least with us there are always goals eh 👍

hfc rd
22-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Two points dropped, especially with both Aberdeen and Motherwell dropping points. Was a great opportunity to close the gap on 3rd place. These are the sort of games we need to start grinding out wins if we want to finish top 4 and get European football next season.

Allan started the game brightly but faded away after that poor spot kick which looks as if it would have made the difference. God knows what we were doing doing for their equaliser? Terrible defending. Stevenson offers nowhere near an attacking threat as a LWB compared to Newell. Speaking about Newell, his deliveries particularly from set pieces were a huge miss today. Slivka is just simply not good enough, far too inconsistent with his performances.

Lago
22-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Some of the comments on here verging on hysteria

Keith_M
22-02-2020, 04:32 PM

Livi fought for every ball but Hibs weren't great.

I still think the really windy weather is more of an advantage to teams like Livi

gazzag70
22-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Poor game, poor result but Livi are a decent team.We can do better and I am sure we will.Two mid table teams seemed to cancel each other out today. Jack Ross will improve us for next season and we are still in the cup. GGTTH!

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-02-2020, 04:35 PM
So why are Livi not fifth in merit?

Are you a Livi fan? I'm not and to my mind they carry a lot of luck especially playing on that crap pitch of theirs, as I said our defence handed them that point today rather than them earning it.

Northernhibee
22-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Are you a Livi fan? I'm not and to my mind they carry a lot of luck especially playing on that crap pitch of theirs, as I said our defence handed them that point today rather than them earning it.

Third on home form, seventh on away form but they’re there because of luck?

eastcoasthibby
22-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Another half arsed display with a number of players just not up for it McNulty, Allan Boyle for periods, just not giving what they are capable of Scott Allan needs to go out there and play the game as a team player, stop the constant attempts to do special things with most touches as they are not coming off and he is becoming easy to play against ...the ball that went wide that he ran after and turned took about 20 seconds to decide what he was going to which in essence was let the defenders back in and block his attempted cross ..not even going to mention his corners ...McNulty was as poor as I think he could have been, his work rate wasn't great was hardly ever close enough to Doidge and rarely got on the ball. The lack of urgency and direction in the game was lacking Sibbald harnessed Docherty for most of the game ..but it's the lack drive that was back to being missing ...think JR went for it but not sure it was the right subs brought Gullan on as left midfield when it should have been for McNulty and Omeonga or Halberg on in midfield with Horgan on and playing wide ..any 2 points dropped and a real chance to make in roads into the gap between us and teams ahead of is but as per Hibs we blew it ...

Brightside
22-02-2020, 04:51 PM
Really stuffy game as you expect from Livi. They give you not time on the ball and that doesn’t suit players like Allan. We missed too many chances and it’s 2 points dropped.

Smartie
22-02-2020, 04:51 PM

I agree.

It's easy to be tempted to get a bit hysterical about a below-par performance and a poor result but that was a tough game.

They're well drilled and close down all over the park. Chuck in awful weather conditions and the fact that they're no mugs and that was a tough game for us.

Not a great afternoon but we'll have far worse than that.

Real Emerald
22-02-2020, 04:53 PM

We all said the same, coldest I’ve been for a long time at Easter Road and playing conditions were really poor. We didn’t lose so we move on.

MacGruber
22-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Disappointing not to capitalise on the opportunity but don't think we done enough. Conditions fidn't help.

I get hung up on the small detail, a habig that bugs myself. For the Livi goal.. Docherty takes it full in the face - the ref is 5 yards away so game should be stopped for the knock. Then, regadless of the ref, Paul McGinn picks up the ball in the righy back area, he just needs to roll it 5 yards out of play. That lets Docherty have a sit down and gives us a couple of mins to regroup. If we had done that we win 1-0. Annoying.

Hiber-nation
22-02-2020, 04:58 PM
If your main creator and your highest profile striker basically don't turn up then you'll struggle to win games.

McNulty got his act together late on but Scotty was dreadful today and was lucky to see the 2nd half.

Paul Hanlon has never missed a penalty for Hibs. He's the captain and should be demanding the ball when we get a spot kick.

Robbo6-2
22-02-2020, 04:59 PM
I genuinely have no idea why Slivka is given chance after chance.

No good enough

Real Emerald
22-02-2020, 05:03 PM
If your main creator and your highest profile striker basically don't turn up then you'll struggle to win games.

McNulty got his act together late on but Scotty was dreadful today and was lucky to see the 2nd half.

Paul Hanlon has never missed a penalty for Hibs. He's the captain and should be demanding the ball when we get a spot kick.

Scott Allan and McNulty were poor today but conditions were awful. I remember Scott Allans corners from his previous spells with us and have no idea why he still gets to take them as they are terrible.

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Scott Allan and McNulty were poor today but conditions were awful. I remember Scott Allans corners from his previous spells with us and have no idea why he still gets to take them as they are terrible.Newell will take them going forward.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
22-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Newell will take them going forward.

Yes, we missed his corners today 👍

Smartie
22-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Disappointing not to capitalise on the opportunity but don't think we done enough. Conditions fidn't help.

I get hung up on the small detail, a habig that bugs myself. For the Livi goal.. Docherty takes it full in the face - the ref is 5 yards away so game should be stopped for the knock. Then, regadless of the ref, Paul McGinn picks up the ball in the righy back area, he just needs to roll it 5 yards out of play. That lets Docherty have a sit down and gives us a couple of mins to regroup. If we had done that we win 1-0. Annoying.

I thought that at the time.

Docherty took the ball full in the face and was down for a bit and all over the place for a bit after that.

When does the ref stop the game for a head knock and when doesn't he stop it?

It's not really the player's place to put the ball out any more.

GreenCastle
22-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Game today pretty much sums up our inconsistent season.

We created chances 1st half and when we finally got a chance we missed another penalty. How many we missed past few seasons ? Seems a lot ? (McNulty x2, Allan, Flo - who else ??).

Finally got the goal 2nd half which was well taken by Doidge but like Killie concede so quickly after. Lack of leadership and poor mentality. Plus why didn’t the ref stop it for head knock - Docherty should have gone down and stopped momentum.

The rest of the 2nd half was poor and suns had zero impact.

Also feel too many players didn’t do enough today and lacked energy. Maybe didn’t fancy it in the crap weather.

Usual crap Scottish ref too and freezing cold.

calumhibee1

No good enough

Nowhere near good enough.

Hiber-nation
Yes, we missed his corners today 👍

And his all round play.

CL0762
22-02-2020, 05:07 PM
Throw ins again today were embarrassing. The amount of times the ball ended up back at the feet of a Livingston player must’ve been into double figures. Zero movement to the thrower and even the thrower whether it be McGinn/Stevenson can’t throw it further than 5/10 yards.

cameronw-hfc
22-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Scott Allan and McNulty were poor today but conditions were awful. I remember Scott Allans corners from his previous spells with us and have no idea why he still gets to take them as they are terrible.

Think the conditions and the way livi play made us struggle a bit. Agree about Hanlon on penalties tho. Hes a terrific penalty taker based on the 4/5 hes taken in shootouts.

Bobby's Cinema
22-02-2020, 05:10 PM
Sometimes you have a to take a point when not at your best.

Today was one of those days.

gazzag70
22-02-2020, 05:14 PM

No good enough

Slivka has flattered to deceive, Can be good but I think over the course of his three seasons he has failed to consistently deliver. Time for him to depart in the Summer imo.

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Yes, we missed his corners today [emoji106]Massively. But I think the players struggled with the wind today.

Springbank
22-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Slivka has flattered to deceive, Can be good but I think over the course of his three seasons he has failed to consistently deliver. Without doubt
time to part company in the Summer

It's when the opposition has the ball - he's frequently daydreaming, yards off his man.

There were many others also at fault for the livi goal but it started with slivka dithering & not closing

roo62
22-02-2020, 05:22 PM
It's when the opposition has the ball - he's frequently daydreaming, yards off his man.

There were many others also at fault for the livi goal but it started with slivka dithering & not closing

Yeah feel Omeonga would have given more for us today defensively,tackling and ball winning.
Hindsight eh

ehf
22-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Disappointing team performance for me - we can blame the defence for its usual mistakes (cheers Boyle) but our attack was petty ineffectual too ultimately - really bad day for us with our immediate rivals dropping points, us doing so too is really annoying. Livi deserved their point though - not a bad team, looked more composed than we did as a team, we had one or two individual moments: too many wrong decisions on our side.

Was Boyle at fault for their goal? As I recall it, Slivka was daydreaming/cacking a challenge as usual and left Lawless with too much time and space to curl a ball to the far post, where Jackson and Marciano left each other to deal with it, allowing the Livi player to nip in and score.

Hiber-nation
22-02-2020, 05:24 PM
Have to say the ref was dreadful, stops the play for a Livi player tying his laces but not for a head knock.

jacomo
22-02-2020, 05:25 PM
13 points cover 3rd to 9th in the table.

This season has seen a middle order where any club can take points off any other. We’ve underperformed but not gonna lose my mind over today’s result... little gained but little lost.

Real Emerald
22-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Massively. But I think the players struggled with the wind today.

Must be difficult, I struggled with the wind through the night last night. Think it was the beans to blame 🥴

Since452
22-02-2020, 05:29 PM
13 points cover 3rd to 9th in the table.

This season has seen a middle order where any club can take points off any other. We’ve underperformed but not gonna lose my mind over today’s result... little gained but little lost.

Take away the two teams at the top and the one at the bottom there really isn't much between the teams this season the standard is that high. Teams are well organised and know their jobs well. There are no easy games.

Real Emerald
22-02-2020, 05:30 PM
Have to say the ref was dreadful, stops the play for a Livi player tying his laces but not for a head knock.

The lace tying was embarrassing, imagine a professional sportsman resorting to simulation when tying his laces. He even undone them slowly to be able to slowly tie them again and the daft dickhead ref stopped the game for him 🤡

HIBERNIAN-0762
22-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Third on home form, seventh on away form but they’re there because of luck?

Pretty much in my opinion, sorry you don't agree.

hfc rd
22-02-2020, 05:34 PM
The lace tying was embarrassing, imagine a professional sportsman resorting to simulation when tying his laces. He even undone them slowly to be able to slowly tie them again and the daft dickhead ref stopped the game for him 🤡

He’s not the first player to hold the game up and start tying his laces. I don’t know why the game needs to be paused for a player to tie his laces in the first place? I’ve seen it happen plenty of times in the past where the ref will halt the proceedings and allow the player to tie his lace but never understood why?

Ozyhibby
22-02-2020, 05:38 PM
Was Boyle at fault for their goal? As I recall it, Slivka was daydreaming/cacking a challenge as usual and left Lawless with too much time and space to curl a ball to the far post, where Jackson and Marciano left each other to deal with it, allowing the Livi player to nip in and score.

Slivka at fault for me. He is very poor when we are not in possession. Has no urgency about him at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeeJay
22-02-2020, 05:40 PM

Of course he was, although clearly not the only culprit - if Boyle hadn't been daydreaming he might have managed to prevent the opportunity - too many people making the same mistakes time and time again ...

CapitalGreen
22-02-2020, 05:40 PM
Slivka at fault for me. He is very poor when we are not in possession. Has no urgency about him at all.

Doesn’t offer enough in an attacking sense so when he is becoming a liability defensively then he needs to be dropped.