PDA

View Full Version : Old Photo

DaveF
21-02-2020, 07:01 PM
Anyone in this photo?

The one that ended the long run of derbies without a win.

HibbyAndy
21-02-2020, 07:08 PM
Anyone in this photo?

No me . But i was their...I was in the stand behind the dugouts which is now the the Hearts end..No idea why we got the whole away end PLUS a wee bit of the stand but i defo was their :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
21-02-2020, 07:29 PM
In there somewhere !!!

Ralphy C
21-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Anyone in this photo?

Im there, dont know if its the same photo but remember was in one in the Sun😷 on the Monday.

DaveF
21-02-2020, 07:45 PM
Im there, dont know if its the same photo but remember was in one in the Sun😷 on the Monday.

I got the reprint from the Scotsman on North bridge. Signed by Geebsie too.

zitelli62
21-02-2020, 08:00 PM
Gutted I missed that game was on way back from holiday on a bus from Manchester, I was listening to the game on the radio when hibs scored I let out a massive yeeeeeesssss forgot I had headphones on the other people thought I was nuts.

WoreTheGreen
21-02-2020, 08:05 PM
Was there that day and have only been back twice since against Bonny rose and st johnson will never go to that **** hole

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 08:05 PM
I'll be in there somewhere. Was only a bairn but what a day.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-02-2020, 08:08 PM
It's pretty much where I was standing, cannae make myself out though.

Glory Lurker
21-02-2020, 08:08 PM
No me . But i was their...I was in the stand behind the dugouts which is now the the Hearts end..No idea why we got the whole away end PLUS a wee bit of the stand but i defo was their :greengrin

I was in the enclosure.

heidtheba
21-02-2020, 09:14 PM
I'll be there somewhere! Was only my second Tynie game. The other one was at the end of the 93/94 season and it was a night game. I think o'Neil missed a very decent chance right at the death and it ended up a draw.

The 90+2
21-02-2020, 09:17 PM

Family stand I think.

Wheat Hound
21-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Was there but not in that photo. 1st game played in front of the Wheatfield stand, I think, so in essence the beginning of the Pink Bus Shelter years started with a Hibs win!

Glory Lurker
21-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Family stand I think.

No. OF and Hearts used to get old South Stand (in main stand) as well as Dunbar End at ER. We always got the Georgie Road equivalent. Imagine OF would have, too.

Peevemor
21-02-2020, 09:34 PM
No. OF and Hearts used to get old South Stand (in main stand) as well as Dunbar End at ER. We always got the Georgie Road equivalent. Imagine OF would have, too.Yep, I watched a few derbies in their old stand (worst legroom I've ever experienced).

heid the baw
21-02-2020, 09:35 PM
I'm in the back row to the right. I have the print somewhere.
What a day that was. It was also the first game when they opened their first bus shelter if I recall

Barnton Hibs
21-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Anyone in this photo?

I am in there somewhere.. great day

erin go bragh
21-02-2020, 09:49 PM
Anyone in this photo?

Was in there somewhere Dave but sure I’m behind the goals to the left . Was that the game where they had seats in the terrace with sticky numbers on them that most folk had them stuck in their foreheads. Everyone was standing tho !

edinburghhibee
21-02-2020, 09:53 PM
At Hunters knee the guy in the white jacket is my old man. He has this picture framed in our dining room signed by the man himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edinburghhibee
21-02-2020, 09:54 PM
At Hunters knee the guy in the white jacket is my old man. He has this picture framed in our dining room signed by the man himself.

The guy next to him is my uncle Donny.

The 90+2
21-02-2020, 09:55 PM
No. OF and Hearts used to get old South Stand (in main stand) as well as Dunbar End at ER. We always got the Georgie Road equivalent. Imagine OF would have, too.

Cool. I remember being in that stand and thought it was because I was wee. 👍

IberianHibernian
21-02-2020, 09:57 PM
I was in the other end of old stand . Supposed to be home fans but there were quite a lot of us there sitting on our hands when we scored . Fortunately they didn`t score so don`t think anyone suspected anything . Remember meeting other Hibbies for a drink later and being at table next to group of Jambos who`d been next to us at game surprised to seeing us celebrate in pub .

Glory Lurker
21-02-2020, 11:09 PM
Cool. I remember being in that stand and thought it was because I was wee. 👍

Sorry, my reply reads a bit blunt which wasn't the intention!

The 90+2
22-02-2020, 12:15 AM
Sorry, my reply reads a bit blunt which wasn't the intention!

No apology needed mate it’s all good.

O'Rourke3
22-02-2020, 12:19 AM
I know I'm not because the game was played during the Edinburgh Festival and it was the only Saturday in a three week run with a matinee for a show I was in. I can remember sitting outside McEwan Hall with a portable radio waiting for the final whistle and almost wrecking my voice when the score came in.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

InchHibby
22-02-2020, 06:34 AM
I’m the guy with the yellow jacket on at the back wondering what all the fuss is about. 😂
No seriously I’m sure I was in the wheatfield to the side of that photograph.

Iggy Pope
22-02-2020, 09:43 AM

Same here, I was in that end of the main stand. Tartan club afterwards for serious drink.

LithgaeHibby
22-02-2020, 10:22 AM
I'm in there at the front. On my way up the fence... What a day. That was the last time the benches were used in the Gorgie Road end before they were to be ripped out, and as I recall the job started early that afternoon, inadvertently of course, with all the celebrations. Typical Hertz - wee stickers were used to mark out the seat numbers, but everyone left Tiny that day with one on their forehead!

Keith_M
22-02-2020, 10:26 AM

That was the norm at that time. The away terrace plus part of the Main Stand.

Strangely enough, IIRC, it was the part of the Main Stand farthest away from the Hibs End, and next to the exit where the Hearts nutters used to leave the old Shed.

Tom Hart RIP
22-02-2020, 12:39 PM
Couldn’t get ticket so went to Hearts end and kept quiet.
They were raging 😂

The Tubs
22-02-2020, 01:15 PM
I'll be there somewhere! Was only my second Tynie game. The other one was at the end of the 93/94 season and it was a night game. I think o'Neil missed a very decent chance right at the death and it ended up a draw.

Exactly the same as me. Keith put us one up that night.

1 8 7 5
22-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Was there. Middle of the goal half way up.:flag:

MrSmith
22-02-2020, 02:28 PM
I was right behind the goals that day! 1988 if memory serves and Paul Kane threaded a killer pass through to Steve Archibald who made it 2-1! Henry, Henry whats the score! Calum Milne at the end was awesome :D

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-02-2020, 02:33 PM
I was right behind the goals that day! 1988 if memory serves and Paul Kane threaded a killer pass through to Steve Archibald who made it 2-1! Henry, Henry whats the score! Calum Milne at the end was awesome :D

Different game.

MrSmith
22-02-2020, 02:44 PM
Different game.

Aww pity, image looked like it too. Anyway, brought back amazing memories before and most certainly after :D :flag: