PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: JOELLE MURRAY FIRST TO AGREE PART-TIME PRO CONTRACT WITH HIBERNIAN WOM

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
21-02-2020, 03:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10558)

green day
21-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Another bit of positive news in the run up to the AGM

Andy74
21-02-2020, 03:51 PM
I’d like to know how it’s to be funded.

If it’s from fans of the ladies team then fair enough. If it’s from club funds then not so much.

Most professional sports start with a fan base to support the costs.

CMurdoch
21-02-2020, 03:53 PM
Pleased for Joelle Murray.
Joelle has put vast time and effort into a successful Hibs ladies team over many years and it is good to see the club at last giving something back to her even if it's not a lot.

Before the grumps start consider this, Hibs wont attract many more men to come to watch football but there is a massive untapped market of women if the game can capture their interest and get young girls and women playing the sport, even at the most rudimentary level most of us men played at, which is how the interest starts. So supporting the ladies team is every bit as important to the future of the club as offering £50 season tickets to kids to get them hooked.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 03:55 PM
Great news! Delighted we're taking this positive step.

Hope this means we can maintain a position at the top of the game and be a very attractive option for some of the best female talent. Especially those breaking through.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Joelle has put vast time and effort into a successful Hibs ladies team over many years and it is good to see the club at last giving something back to her even if it's not a lot.

Before the grumps start consider this, Hibs wont attract many more men to come to watch football but there is a massive untapped market of women if the game can capture their interest and get young girls and women playing the sport even at the most rudimentary level most of us men played at, which is how the interest starts. So supporting the ladies team is every bit as important to the future of the club as offering £50 season tickets to kids to get them hooked.

Couldn't agree more.

Probably won't happen but it be nice if folk just refrain from commenting they don't want the club to do this as they have no interest in women's football.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 03:57 PM

If it’s from fans of the ladies team then fair enough. If it’s from club funds then not so much.

That's the spirit 🙄

Andy74
21-02-2020, 03:58 PM

Before the grumps start consider this, Hibs wont attract many more men to come to watch football but there is a massive untapped market of women if the game can capture their interest and get young girls and women playing the sport even at the most rudimentary level most of us men played at, which is how the interest starts. So supporting the ladies team is every bit as important to the future of the club as offering £50 season tickets to kids to get them hooked.

I don’t really get this. They aren’t going to watch the current ladies team but having a precessional ladies team will encourage more to attend the men’s team?

Andy74
21-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Probably won't happen but it be nice if folk just refrain from commenting they don't want the club to do this as they have no interest in women's football.

I think people who put money into the club have every right to comment.

bingo70
21-02-2020, 03:59 PM

You’re a brave man asking that question Andy.

Agreed though, not sure how many people attend woman’s football matches but I wouldn’t have thought it would be enough to support even a semi professional side? The fact that we are more or less at the top already, it’s difficult for me to see what more the club could achieve to pay for this?

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 04:04 PM

Aye. But 'I have no interest in it therefore I don't want it funded' isn't actually putting forward a meaningful argument.

Henderson2Del
21-02-2020, 04:04 PM

Totally agree. Andy hits nail on the head and very interested to see the detail and logic.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 04:08 PM

Most. But not all. So you're completely correct.

As someone who contributes to the club, I'm more than happy for a portion of it to go to the womans team. Absolutely.

Furthermore, growth in the womans team can only help grow the club as a whole over time.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:09 PM
Aye. But 'I have no interest in it therefore I don't want it funded' isn't actually putting forward a meaningful argument.

Yes it is though. As someone who puts money in for reasons of supporting the men’s team I think the onus would be on someone else to explain the benefits of me funding something that actually very few people are supporting financially yet want to turn into a paid job.

If that’s what’s happening. If I’m not paying for it, it would be good to know who is.

Bright_Hibee

I am also interested.

I think Joelle Murray is employed by the Hibernian Community Foundation already. I reckon it is likely that she has had playing for the team added to her job description with a small supplement added on for it. Maybe I'm just being cynical though.

hibby rae
You’re a brave man asking that question Andy.

Agreed though, not sure how many people attend woman’s football matches but I wouldn’t have thought it would be enough to support even a semi professional side? The fact that we are more or less at the top already, it’s difficult for me to see what more the club could achieve to pay for this?

Long-term strategy. It's the belief this help the club grow and thw realisation that the women's game will continue to grow and we can be leaders or followers.

Ron Gordon and Leanne Dempster are proven to be successful, and skilled, business people. They obviously see the value in it.

DH1875

He's not saying that though is he. Think he is saying the money he puts in shouldn't be used to fund it. If it is what he is saying then I agree with him. If its not, then I'm saying it. PC or not.

Since452
21-02-2020, 04:10 PM

Me too. Would be a bit peeved if it's coming out funds that could be spent on the men's team.

hibby rae
He's not saying that though is he. Think he is saying the money he puts in shouldn't be used to fund it. If it is what he is saying then I agree with him. If its not, then I'm saying it. PC or not.

At no point did I say he was saying that. I was merely saying it'd be great if folk could comment with something meaningful as that adds nothing to the conversation.

Just_Jimmy
I think people who put money into the club have every right to comment.You're paying your ticket money to watch the mens team. You get that for your ticket money.

Anything else you put into the club is for running "the club" however they see fit. If you don't like it don't put it in.

If you feel like it, ask LeAnn the question at the AGM.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:15 PM
At no point did I say he was saying that. I was merely saying it'd be great if folk could comment with something meaningful as that adds nothing to the conversation.

I’m afraid it’s the very crux of the conversation.

MartinfaePorty
21-02-2020, 04:16 PM
Funnily enough, when the Green initiative came out I was going to post that it sounded like the first in a drip-feed of initiatives in advance of the AGM. I thought there would be something around the women's team next and I'm actually a lot more interested than even a year ago, to the extent that I will probably end up contributing in some way to the team as an extra and not money I would have alternatively spent on the men's team. I'm very please and excited about the potential for the team and women's football in general, but was worried we were going to left behind.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:19 PM
You're paying your ticket money to watch the mens team. You get that for your ticket money.

Anything else you put into the club is for running "the club" however they see fit. If you don't like it don't put it in.

Okay, so season ticket holders, shareholders and customers should be thankful of getting entry to the game and should have no interest or say on how club funds are used?

It’s a little dangerous to say to people putting money in that they can stop doing that if there’s an objection to funding something that about 50 people currently watch.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 04:22 PM
Notice at the bottom of the article it’s £7 and £3 to get in. Do they normally charge?

I thought they just did a bucket collection but I might be imagining that.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Here is their board of directors, not sure if it helps understanding their skill set
Couple of directors with Investment experience

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC652037/officers

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Why is there an assumption she is being paid?

I signed a pro contract with EOS teams in my playing days and never got paid.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Long-term strategy. It's the belief this help the club grow and thw realisation that the women's game will continue to grow and we can be leaders or followers.

Ron Gordon and Leanne Dempster are proven to be successful, and skilled, business people. They obviously see the value in it.

Of course there's value in it.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 04:31 PM
And people wonder why the club don't communicate 'good news'.

A positive story shot down on the 3rd post. With not even the grace to congratulate the woman, who I'm sure will feel very proud today.

Pathetic really.

DH1875
21-02-2020, 04:35 PM

:confused: No idea what your talking about. At no point did I say you said anything.

Spot on.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:36 PM
And people wonder why the club don't communicate 'good news'.

A positive story shot down on the 3rd post. With not even the grace to congratulate the woman, who I'm sure will feel very proud today.

Pathetic really.

Sorry, but it is this type of post that does the whole thing a dis-service.

When the club needs all the advantage it can getting the team to at least achieve what we would all want it to achieve its is expected that funding is a topic worthy of discussion.

When HSL was launched there was a lot of challenge on admin costs against money going to the team. There is debate about infrastructure versus football spend. Quite natural that other types of spend are debated.

Saying only positive chat, whatever that might be, is welcome is not a frat way to behave.

CloudSquall
21-02-2020, 04:36 PM
When we are asked to "pony up" in order to try to catch Aberdeen and Hearts in terms of available funds I don't see any issue at all in questioning where the funds are coming from if she is getting paid.

DH1875
21-02-2020, 04:39 PM
You're paying your ticket money to watch the mens team. You get that for your ticket money.

What about the money the first team generates through cup runs, TV deals, qualifying for Europe, selling of players etc...Its not just about ticket money.

calumhibee1
21-02-2020, 04:42 PM
Okay, so season ticket holders, shareholders and customers should be thankful of getting entry to the game and should have no interest or say on how club funds are used?

It’s a little dangerous to say to people putting money in that they can stop doing that if there’s an objection to funding something that about 50 people currently watch.

:agree:

If this is being funded by the ladies team then great. If it’s being funded by the men’s team, then that’s poor. Especially when we’re already behind Hearts and Aberdeen when it comes to money for the men’s team.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 04:47 PM

She is already paid by the Foundation as her full time job...so dont worry too much about how its funded.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 04:49 PM
She is already paid by the Foundation as her full time job...so dont worry too much about how its funded.

Aye but its just the start. :wink:

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 04:49 PM
I've read the statement again and I still can't see any clarification Murray will be drawing a wage from the club. Can anyone confirm why they have reached this conclusion? Many clubs at various levels sign players to pro contracts but don't pay out a wage to them.

It seems people are getting a bit worked up about something when there is little detail available to suggest their fears have any foundation. Given it is a part time contract it hardly seems like tens of thousands will be being diverted from the men's team to pay a single players salary.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Aye but its just the start. :wink:

I can only hope... but then again it will probably be another generation yet before people stop thinking like cavemen. :wink:

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:53 PM

Is this what most people who contribute to a foundation would have been in favour of? Funding a professional sports wage?

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 04:53 PM
I can only hope... but then again it will probably be another generation yet before people stop thinking like cavemen. :wink:

Aye we can only hope. :wink:

Brightside
21-02-2020, 04:54 PM
:agree:

If this is being funded by the ladies team then great. If it’s being funded by the men’s team, then that’s poor. Especially when we’re already behind Hearts and Aberdeen when it comes to money for the men’s team.

Who is funding the Green initiative? Who is funding people useless the facilities for free exercise classes. Or walking football? Or giving Healthy Eating classes to a bunch of leith school kids? At some point people will have to wake up to the fact that we are much more than just a Mens football team. Get used to it because the times are a changing. :flag:

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Who is funding the Green initiative? Who is funding people useless the facilities for free exercise classes. Or walking football? Or giving Healthy Eating classes to a bunch of leith school kids? At some point people will have to wake up to the fact that we are much more than just a Mens football team. Get used to it because the times are a changing. :flag:

Those are genuine community causes though. A professional sports wage is quite a different thing isn’t it?

Brightside
21-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Is this what most people who contribute to a foundation would have been in favour of? Funding a professional sports wage?

But they arent - you missed the bit were i said she is already employed by the Foundation for her day job.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:58 PM
But they arent - you missed the bit were i said she is already employed by the Foundation for her day job.

Which may be fine but now we are talking about paying a professional football player. I’d have just as much issue with funding that from community money as I would from the football budget.

Should we top up any of the men from the foundation pot?

Brightside
21-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Those are genuine community causes though. A professional sports wage is quite a different thing isn’t it?

A professional sports wage? I'll have more in my spare change pot than she will be getting "paid" a week for playing for Hibs. Its not about the wages its about getting them on Contracts.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 04:59 PM
A professional sports wage? I'll have more in my spare change pot than she will be getting "paid" a week for playing for Hibs. Its not about the wages its about getting them on Contracts.

Really?

green day
21-02-2020, 05:02 PM

Aye, but its still a Dempster conspiracy to have wimmin running our fitba club.................:wink::wink:

Being serious for a minute, I wonder if any of the less enlightened on this thread would question the costs involved in youth coaching / development which in the case of 90% of the laddies involved leads to zero benefit for the first team?

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Really?

Really. Even the big signings at Rangers are on 7k per year!! No one at Hibs will be getting anything close to what we would class as a wage. They will be lucky to get much more than travel expenses.

Vault Boy
21-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Really. Even the big signings at Rangers are on 7k per year!! No one at Hibs will be getting anything close to what we would class as a wage. They will be lucky to get much more than travel expenses.

I can believe that.

green day
21-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Really?

You are either a troll or havent been paying attention to the womens game in Scotland recently.

Does the name Jamie Lee Napier mean anything to you?

Brightside
I've read the statement again and I still can't see any clarification Murray will be drawing a wage from the club. Can anyone confirm why they have reached this conclusion? Many clubs at various levels sign players to pro contracts but don't pay out a wage to them.

It seems people are getting a bit worked up about something when there is little detail available to suggest their fears have any foundation. Given it is a part time contract it hardly seems like tens of thousands will be being diverted from the men's team to pay a single players salary.

Correct. Similar to contracts in play at Glasgow City - which means when 4 of their players move to Rangers before the window closes they will get some funds back into their club. We have already lost 8 of the best players we have ever had and got ZERO in return.

CMurdoch

Playing devils advocate for a second.
The club spends lots of money on things I dont agree with as well e.g. late last season they gave a player, who is made of weetabix, an expensive new contract for what I thought were sentimental reasons. Circa £175k down the swanny this season on that players wages which has not benefitted the mens team I help support.

Suspect Joanne will get paid about 3% of that and there is a good chance of a long term return on that tiny investment by getting women and girls interested in playing and in turn watching football.
The club will waste more money every week than the crumbs they toss the ladies team in a season.
Like most things to do with the club and the players it would be a lot easier for us to make judgements if we knew the sums of money involved in contracts etc but we never will.

Truth is we just have to hope the club does what is best for our club in the long term.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Aye, but its still a Dempster conspiracy to have wimmin running our fitba club.................:wink::wink:

Being serious for a minute, I wonder if any of the less enlightened on this thread would question the costs involved in youth coaching / development which in the case of 90% of the laddies involved leads to zero benefit for the first team?

The language some of you guys use here does more damage to your point than the genuine questioning of how club funds are used by those that provide it.

Anyway, quite obvious this one isn’t it, that youth coaching is for the direct benefit of the men’s first team. The debate about how effective it is is quite another thing.

DH1875
21-02-2020, 05:06 PM

You are aware the club have made millions over the years through youth coaching and development.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 05:07 PM

With youth players, there is the chance they can reach the first team at some stage in the future.

With the woman, there is no chance at all.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 05:08 PM

The figure isn’t really of interest at this point.

The question is one of whether it is right to take funding from the men’s team to pay another professional set up that isn’t self funded just now, or alternatively whether it is right to use community foundation funding to pay a professional wage.

green day
21-02-2020, 05:09 PM
You are aware the club have made millions over the years through youth coaching and development.

Of course I am, but my point is that we WASTE more in a month on players that wont ever make the grade than we will spend on the entire womens project in a year.

Also, who is to say that we couldnt have made a packet on Jamie Lee Napier (for example) if she was on even a pittance of a pro contract?

Its the same argument, if we dont put them on a pro footing, we deserve to lose them for nothing, same as the men.

Beefster
21-02-2020, 05:10 PM

You can’t sign a full-time anything on £7k a year. It’s way under minimum wage.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 05:11 PM

That's why they are part time.

green day
21-02-2020, 05:12 PM

The question is one of whether it is right to take funding from the men’s team to pay another professional set up that isn’t self funded just now, or alternatively whether it is right to use community foundation funding to pay a professional wage.

I think you dont care where the money comes from, you could make an argument - wherever it comes from - not to spend it on this area, isnt that true?

bigwheel
21-02-2020, 05:13 PM

Football clubs get around this by defining it as a (e.g.) 18 hours per week contract....very common for Hibs and others to offer 16 year olds those types of deals.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Col2
21-02-2020, 05:13 PM

Yes I agree. I really hope the big plans at the AGM are not just:-

- professional woman’s team
- environment initiative
- community diversity or similar

We are a professional male football team who are funded 80% by the fans that support them.

Beefster
21-02-2020, 05:14 PM
That's why they are part time.

At Rangers?

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:14 PM

The figure is hugely important... you arent against us putting them on contracts you just dont want money taken away from the mens team for that. So if that isnt happening you are happy yeh? Say for example we got some external funding injected in Hibernian Women? You wouldnt be against that?

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 05:15 PM
At Rangers?

Yes. Whatever the case is unofficially their contracts will be for circa 12-16 hours per week.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 05:16 PM
Of course I am, but my point is that we WASTE more in a month on players that wont ever make the grade than we will spend on the entire womens project in a year.

Also, who is to say that we couldnt have made a packet on Jamie Lee Napier (for example) if she was on even a pittance of a pro contract?

Its the same argument, if we dont put them on a pro footing, we deserve to lose them for nothing, same as the men.

The market dictates that. There isn’t a women’s transfer market just now in terms of value.

I don’t know latest figures but globally in 2018 less than £400k was spent.

Once the crowds and the market is there to support in then great.

Taking cash away from an under performing team to support it just now, no, it’s not really the time.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 05:17 PM

The crux of your argument is you have no interest, therefore you don't want to see any funding go towards it?

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Yes I agree. I really hope the big plans at the AGM are not just:-

- professional woman’s team
- environment initiative
- community diversity or similar

We are a professional male football team who are funded 80% by the fans that support them.

We arent. We do have a Mens football team though.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 05:18 PM
The figure is hugely important... you arent against us putting them on contracts you just dont want money taken away from the mens team for that. So if that isnt happening you are happy yeh? Say for example we got some external funding injected in Hibernian Women? You wouldnt be against that?

Yes, that’s what I’m saying. I would absolutely not be against anyone external funding it, or it paying for itself.

green day
21-02-2020, 05:18 PM
The market dictates that. There isn’t a women’s transfer market just now in terms of value.

I don’t know latest figures but globally in 2018 less than £400k was spent.

Once the crowds and the market is there to support in then great.

Taking cash away from an under performing team to support it just now, no, it’s not really the time.

Who is doing that?

A Hi-Bee
21-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Like it or not this is a massive untapped potential market for any football club, just look around and see what is happening elsewhere. I am pretty sure that Hibs will be investing in womens football wisely with a view to the future, and no matter how we may see things this is the future. I am no marketing man but this would be a dream for them with half or more of the bloody population being female, what a potential goldmine is out there for them that does it right.
Well done Hibs

Andy74
21-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Who is doing that?

I don’t know. I said I’d be interested In knowing.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 05:20 PM
We arent. We do have a Mens football team though.

It does just happen to be the only thing people are interested in watching though.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:21 PM
Yes, that’s what I’m saying. I would absolutely not be against anyone external funding it, or it paying for itself.

Good - you have nothing to worry about then. The Mens team have not funded anything in this. :aok:

Beefster
21-02-2020, 05:22 PM
Yes. Whatever the case is unofficially their contracts will be for circa 12-16 hours per week.

Fair enough. I was just going by everything in the media stating that they were going full-time professional. I’m surprised that they’re managing to get players to move to this country on a part-time contract tbh.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:23 PM
It does just happen to be the only thing people are interested in watching though.

But thats got nothing to do with Joelle getting a part time contract at Hibernian Women. She is 100% not spending your money when she nips into Tesco tonight.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 05:23 PM

That's not true though. I'm going to the Livi game tomorrow and I'll also be going to the Spartans game on Sunday.

There have also been good-sized crowds at the European and Scottish Cup games. Granted, these are the exception at the moment. But it also shows there is a genuine interest that can be harnessed.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:25 PM
Fair enough. I was just going by everything in the media stating that they were going full-time professional. I’m surprised that they’re managing to get players to move to this country on a part-time contract tbh.

Nobody is going full time. Going Pro is what some have suggested they are doing.

green day
21-02-2020, 05:26 PM
I don’t know. I said I’d be interested In knowing.

Good - you have nothing to worry about then. The Mens team have not funded anything in this. :aok:

:aok:

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 05:28 PM
That's not true though. I'm going to the Livi game tomorrow and I'll also be going to the Spartans game on Sunday.

There have also been good-sized crowds at the European and Scottish Cup games. Granted, these are the exception at the moment. But it also shows there is a genuine interest that can be harnessed.

You know what I mean. For all the ‘potential’ I just don’t see folk wanting to part with their cash to watch it any time soon. Or any time that isn’t soon for that matter. Not above or around the level they currently attract.

Beefster
21-02-2020, 05:32 PM
Nobody is going full time. Going Pro is what some have suggested they are doing.

Okay. Someone needs to tell Celtic and Rangers then.

“Several existing players have agreed full-time deals for the 2020 season”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51020785

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 05:33 PM
But thats got nothing to do with Joelle getting a part time contract at Hibernian Women. She is 100% not spending your money when she nips into Tesco tonight.

Maybe we can hear all about how it is funded in the grand plan as opposed to having to take your word for it.

calumhibee1
21-02-2020, 05:35 PM
You are either a troll or havent been paying attention to the womens game in Scotland recently.

Does the name Jamie Lee Napier mean anything to you?

If that’s the only two options then near enough everyone on this websites a troll. Because there’s around 50 people a week who pay any attention to Hibs ladies recently.

calumhibee1
21-02-2020, 05:37 PM
Okay. Someone needs to tell Celtic and Rangers then.

“Several existing players have agreed full-time deals for the 2020 season”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51020785

Don’t let facts get in the way of a desperate attempt to convince folk that women’s football is about to boom in interest.

It’s clear as day there’s not the interest there for any form of real investment and certainly not any significant investment.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 05:37 PM
Sorry, but it is this type of post that does the whole thing a dis-service.

When the club needs all the advantage it can getting the team to at least achieve what we would all want it to achieve its is expected that funding is a topic worthy of discussion.

When HSL was launched there was a lot of challenge on admin costs against money going to the team. There is debate about infrastructure versus football spend. Quite natural that other types of spend are debated.

Saying only positive chat, whatever that might be, is welcome is not a frat way to behave.

No. This was a statement providing good news around our womens team and one of our talented female players.

You couldn't bring yourself to congratulate the woman, or commend the club for moving in a positive direction.

The clubs finances and funding are always a discussion for debate. No question. It's quite telling that you used this particular thread to instigate it.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 05:39 PM
No. This was a statement providing good news around our womens team and one of our talented female players.

You couldn't bring yourself to congratulate the woman, or commend the club for moving in a positive direction.

The clubs finances and funding are always a discussion for debate. No question. It's quite telling that you used this particular thread to instigate it.

Perhaps I didn’t see it as good news?

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 05:39 PM
You know what I mean. For all the ‘potential’ I just don’t see folk wanting to part with their cash to watch it any time soon. Or any time that isn’t soon for that matter. Not above or around the level they currently attract.

You may be correct.

However it's worth considering that this is really the 1st generation that has seen mass participation in women football since the 1920s. Even going back to when I was at school you could count on one hand the number of girls playing football, nowadays multiple teams are running at least one girls team at each age group. Within 10 minutes of my house Edina Hibs, Castlevale, Musselburgh Windsor and Edinburgh South all run girls teams. Plenty of the traditional big guns of Edinburgh football are also involved or getting there.

That's a huge market of girls who want to see people they can relate to playing the game. Add in the increasing number of Scottish players heading down south and it's a commercial opportunity. Will it ever reach the levels men's football has? Doubtful given we have had a century and a bit headstart but there is definite room for growth. Expanding the grassroots was the start, turning it into a revenue stream is the next challenge.

green day
21-02-2020, 05:41 PM
If that’s the only two options then near enough everyone on this websites a troll. Because there’s around 50 people a week who pay any attention to Hibs ladies recently.

Amusing response:aok:

Funnily enough, I have little (actually zero) interest in the womens game myself - but that doesnt mean that I am unaware that we lost one of Scotlands top talents for nothing recently.

This would not have happened, had she been on a pro contract.

This was reported on the normal BBC Scotland sports news so you didnt have to be "in the know" or even vaguely interested in watching the womens game.

I just think that the womens game is a natural and obvious area for growth both here and worldwide - and Hibs can either be part of it or not, my preference is to be part of it - especially as its very clear that this is not to the detriment of the mens team.

SquashedFrogg
Don’t let facts get in the way of a desperate attempt to convince folk that women’s football is about to boom in interest.

It’s clear as day there’s not the interest there for any form of real investment and certainly not any significant investment.

I can assure you that there is/will be a significant benefit to the club through aligning with our womens team.

Brand growth and future sponsorship being one key element. Big clubs aren't investing as some kind of equality/vanity project.

hibby rae

No I'm afraid I don't. You said the men's game was the only thing people are interested in watching, which is clearly untrue. If you meant something else then say something else.

As I said previously, RG and LD obviously see the potential and think it's worth doing. I'll trust them to make them to make business decisions and develop future strategy for Hibs.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 05:42 PM
Perhaps I didn’t see it as good news?

Clearly not. But I understand why.

calumhibee1
21-02-2020, 05:43 PM
I can assure you that there is/will be a significant benefit to the club through aligning with our womens team.

Brand growth and future sponsorship being one key element. Big clubs aren't investing as some kind of equality/vanity project.

We can’t even get a sponsor for our men’s team which would be 100x more attractive a proposition to tie your name to. I can’t see any way that the women’s team are going to be benefiting the club through sponsorship.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Maybe we can hear all about how it is funded in the grand plan as opposed to having to take your word for it.

Or we could just automatically think the opposite?

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 05:45 PM
We can’t even get a sponsor for our men’s team which would be 100x more attractive a proposition to tie your name to. I can’t see any way that the women’s team are going to be benefiting the club through sponsorship.

We could have had a sponsor for the men's team. The club chose to turn at least one offer down.

SquashedFrogg

Think past today. Or tomorrow. Change can be a good thing.

calumhibee1
Amusing response:aok:

Funnily enough, I have little (actually zero) interest in the womens game myself - but that doesnt mean that I am unaware that we lost one of Scotlands top talents for nothing recently.

This would not have happened, had she been on a pro contract.

This was reported on the normal BBC Scotland sports news so you didnt have to be "in the know" or even vaguely interested in watching the womens game.

I just think that the womens game is a natural and obvious area for growth both here and worldwide - and Hibs can either be part of it or not, my preference is to be part of it - especially as its very clear that this is not to the detriment of the mens team.

If the women’s game is to grow then absolutely it would be great to be a part of it.

But in a country where we already have a massive attendance at men’s football per capita I’m not sure where we’re going to find the interest on top of that. I know I couldn’t justify spending money on another “version” of football or even the time and I’d imagine most folk would be the same.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 05:46 PM
No I'm afraid I don't. You said the men's game was the only thing people are interested in watching, which is clearly untrue. If you meant something else then say something else.

As I said previously, RG and LD obviously see the potential and think it's worth doing. I'll trust them to make them to make business decisions and develop future strategy for Hibs.

You do know what I mean. Would it be better if I worded it that less than 1% of the folk who bother to turn up at ER on a Saturday will bother to go and watch the ladies on the Sunday?

Beefster
21-02-2020, 05:48 PM
If the women’s game is to grow then absolutely it would be great to be a part of it.

But in a country where we already have a massive attendance at men’s football per capita I’m not sure where we’re going to find the interest on top of that. I know I couldn’t justify spending money on another “version” of football or even the time and I’d imagine most folk would be the same.

It’s not just you and I that are the target audience. I don’t have a daughter but, if I did, I’d love to take her to a women’s game.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 05:49 PM

There are plenty families that don’t attend men’s games. Normally coz it’s full of angry wee men screaming abuse at players and fans. We’ve seen 1000s coming to Easter rd to watch Scotland women. A totally different crowd that turn up to the men’s game. There is potential. And it would be very stupid for Hibs not to be part of that. They have done the bare minimum to date. And can do a huge amount more.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 05:49 PM
You may be correct.

However it's worth considering that this is really the 1st generation that has seen mass participation in women football since the 1920s. Even going back to when I was at school you could count on one hand the number of girls playing football, nowadays multiple teams are running at least one girls team at each age group. Within 10 minutes of my house Edina Hibs, Castlevale, Musselburgh Windsor and Edinburgh South all run girls teams. Plenty of the traditional big guns of Edinburgh football are also involved or getting there.

That's a huge market of girls who want to see people they can relate to playing the game. Add in the increasing number of Scottish players heading down south and it's a commercial opportunity. Will it ever reach the levels men's football has? Doubtful given we have had a century and a bit headstart but there is definite room for growth. Expanding the grassroots was the start, turning it into a revenue stream is the next challenge.

You make a very valid point. It's important people see themselves represented as then they want to be involved. The attitudinal barrier is the toughest nut to crack.

I have a lot of experience working in diversity in the arts and you get the same thing there. On stage, people creating theatre can be reluctant to hire Deaf actors/put on BSL performances as there can be extra costs and they say that isn't recouped through a Dead audience. But then Deaf people are less likely to be involved if they aren't represented. That's just one example but the same applies to all groups.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 05:54 PM
You do know what I mean. Would it be better if I worded it that less than 1% of the folk who bother to turn up at ER on a Saturday will bother to go and watch the ladies on the Sunday?

Actually yes. Because that is different from what you said.

overdrive
21-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Does it even have anything officially to do with the men’s club? The entire share capital is owned by the Community Foundation which is separate to the Club.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 05:56 PM

Remember this is also a summer league. Enough folk complain about missing the football once the league ends. They could go then, even for just a few weeks.

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2020, 06:03 PM

The Ladies are part of the club.

et_hibby
21-02-2020, 06:10 PM
Didn’t the SFA receive money for Scotland’s participation in the Women’s World Cup. Don’t know how ring-fenced that money was (if at all) but x% of SFAs money finds its way out to clubs in various forms: prize money, grants, etc ..

et_hibby
21-02-2020, 06:25 PM
Didn’t the SFA receive money for Scotland’s participation in the Women’s World Cup. Don’t know how ring-fenced that money was (if at all) but x% of SFAs money finds its way out to clubs in various forms: prize money, grants, etc ..

..Approx 0.5 million left over (after paying squad) to be distributed solely (and quite rightly!) to the women’s game.. https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17799715.clubs-sfa-set-benefit-women-39-s-world-cup-windfall/

Presumably these kinds of figures will rise as the women’s game continues to grow. So pay ‘em!!

J-C
21-02-2020, 06:25 PM

Who says funding for this is coming out of the funds for the men's team? Is this stated anywhere as fact? Maybe wait to find out the correct details before getting your knickers in a twist.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 06:35 PM
Who says funding for this is coming out of the funds for the men's team? Is this stated anywhere as fact? Maybe wait to find out the correct details before getting your knickers in a twist.

I’ve clearly said I’d like to hear more about how we fund this.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 06:38 PM
The Ladies are part of the club.

100%

Brightside
21-02-2020, 06:40 PM
I’ve clearly said I’d like to hear more about how we fund this.

But it’s none of your or my business. In the same way I don’t get told how we run the bars or the kids academy.

Eyrie
21-02-2020, 06:41 PM
I'm a Hibs fan.

So I was pleased to read earlier that a fellow life long Hibs fan has just signed a professional contract with our club. That the Hibs fan in question happens to be female isn't relevant. That she is a good centre half and captains the team is relevant.

Looking forward to more announcements like this.

And also to watching the season opener on Sunday.

Barney McGrew
21-02-2020, 06:45 PM
Obviously all the money Hibs Ladies got for their runs in Europe is being completely forgotten about when people question how this will be funded.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Obviously all the money Hibs Ladies got for their runs in Europe is being completely forgotten about when people question how this will be funded.

Did any of it make its way towards Hecky's howlers?

Barney McGrew
21-02-2020, 06:49 PM
Did any of it make its way towards Hecky's howlers?

if it was then I’m sure there would equally need to be questions asked by certain people as to why that money was being used to fund the mens team :wink:

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 06:50 PM
if it was then I’m sure there would equally need to be questions asked by certain people as to why that money was being used to fund the mens team :wink:

:greengrin

stoneyburn hibs
21-02-2020, 06:52 PM
I'm a Hibs fan.

So I was pleased to read earlier that a fellow life long Hibs fan has just signed a professional contract with our club. That the Hibs fan in question happens to be female isn't relevant. That she is a good centre half and captains the team is relevant.

Looking forward to more announcements like this.

And also to watching the season opener on Sunday.

Good post, I've never actually watched the ladies in the flesh, must do so.
I'm comfortable with the my season ticket contributing to Hibernian Ladies, I'm not sure why I had to say that.

calumhibee1
21-02-2020, 06:56 PM
Remember this is also a summer league. Enough folk complain about missing the football once the league ends. They could go then, even for just a few weeks.

Do the attendances of the women’s games increase over the summer when there’s no men’s games?

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 06:57 PM
Good post, I've never actually watched the ladies in the flesh, must do so.
I'm comfortable with the my season ticket contributing to Hibernian Ladies, I'm not sure why I had to say that.

There's nothing wrong in anything you said, and you have no reason to feel uncomfortable at all.

I do not want any of my money going towards the womans team, it used to be said that all season ticket money went to the manager, is this not the case anymore, or will this not be the case in future?

Vault Boy
21-02-2020, 07:07 PM
Very fitting that Joelle is the first to be awarded with a contract.

stoneyburn hibs
21-02-2020, 07:09 PM
There's nothing wrong in anything you said, and you have no reason to feel uncomfortable at all.

I do not want any of my money going towards the womans team, it used to be said that all season ticket money went to the manager, is this not the case anymore, or will this not be the case in future?

I'm not in anyway uncomfortable with what I said , I'm of the mind that the Ladies are as much to do with the brand Hibernian as the men.
I fully appreciate your stance on this, countless others will have the same view.
The Ladies being funded, along with the club aiming to go green will have detractors, imo both elements are Hibernian moving with the times.

GreenCastle
21-02-2020, 07:13 PM

Really ?

Hibs ladies had to pay the club to use ER for the home tie !!

calumhibee1
21-02-2020, 07:14 PM
I'm not in anyway uncomfortable with what I said , I'm of the mind that the Ladies are as much to do with the brand Hibernian as the men.
I fully appreciate your stance on this, countless others will have the same view.
The Ladies being funded, along with the club aiming to go green will have detractors, imo both elements are Hibernian moving with the times.

You think the women, with around 50 people at their games, are as much to do with the Hibernian brand as the men’s team, who have 15,000 at games and had 250,000 out in Leith when we won the cup?

matty_f
21-02-2020, 07:25 PM
When we are asked to "pony up" in order to try to catch Aberdeen and Hearts in terms of available funds I don't see any issue at all in questioning where the funds are coming from if she is getting paid.

There's not been a direct request to pony up, that I can remember, and even if there had been - who has ponied up?

Since452
21-02-2020, 07:33 PM
Think it'll be brought up at the AGM. Hopefully the club can put people's minds at ease as to how it's being funded

Eyrie
21-02-2020, 07:34 PM
You think the women, with around 50 people at their games, are as much to do with the Hibernian brand as the men’s team, who have 15,000 at games and had 250,000 out in Leith when we won the cup?

Ask me again in 2144 when our Ladies team has been around for as long as our men's team.

calumhibee1
21-02-2020, 07:40 PM
Ask me again in 2144 when our Ladies team has been around for as long as our men's team.

OK, I'll pop that in my diary. But what about now, which is what was being discussed?

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 07:49 PM
OK, I'll pop that in my diary. But what about now, which is what was being discussed?

Going by the updated website it would seem Hibs consider them one and the same.

Lago
21-02-2020, 07:52 PM

The 90+2
21-02-2020, 08:21 PM
Going by the updated website it would seem Hibs consider them one and the same.

And that should be the case imo.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 08:31 PM
Think it'll be brought up at the AGM. Hopefully the club can put people's minds at ease as to how it's being funded

Put peoples mind at rest? Some people really don’t have much to worry about in life if this really concerns them.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 08:39 PM
On a related note, Celtic have just beaten Glasgow City 2-1 in the opening game. Is it too optimistic of me to hope this means a tighter league overall could be of benefit for us? With rivals taking points off each other.

Probably. But you never know.

Brightside
21-02-2020, 08:40 PM
On a related note, Celtic have just beaten Glasgow City 2-1 in the opening game. Is it too optimistic of me to hope this means a tighter league overall could be of benefit for us? With rivals taking points off each other.

I think we are 4 players short of the quality needed now unfortunately.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 08:46 PM
I think we are 4 players short of the quality needed now unfortunately.

Sunday might tell us something I guess. Given we drew with them on the opening day last year.

Lago
21-02-2020, 09:15 PM

What we'll probably see is, as Celtic & Rangers scoop up the oppositions players is the demise of teams like Glasgow City, they will become the equivalent of Partick Thistle & Clyde in the men's game.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 09:35 PM
What we'll probably see is, as Celtic & Rangers scoop up the oppositions players is the demise of teams like Glasgow City, they will become the equivalent of Partick Thistle & Clyde in the men's game.

Yip, and we will find ourselves around the same place as the mens team finish because we will spend similar amounts pro rata to the mens side.

Box ticking exercise so we are seen to be doing the right thing,which in my opinion will be to the detriment of the mens team through less income spent on it.

Which wont matter, as we will all be doing it.:greengrin

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 09:38 PM

Glasgow City have plans and an innovative approach to the old firm. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 09:46 PM
Yip, and we will find ourselves around the same place as the mens team finish because we will spend similar amounts pro rata to the mens side.

Box ticking exercise so we are seen to be doing the right thing,which in my opinion will be to the detriment of the mens team through less income spent on it.

No words. 'Detriment of the mens team?' Mate, welcome to the 21st century.

We are ALL Hibs.

RoYO!
21-02-2020, 09:47 PM

Thanks for posting this. I agree entirely.

Eyrie
21-02-2020, 09:51 PM

I have no problem with promoting the women's team so that we don't have to wait that long. Unless the Ugly Sisters ruin the women's game by chucking money at it, then we have the opportunity to continue winning cups and that can only help the overall Hibs brand.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Thanks for posting this. I agree entirely.

The narrow minded, misogynist views on here are actually quite frightening. Passively masked as concerns about funding.

Eye opening stuff.

The Modfather
21-02-2020, 09:54 PM

We are ALL Hibs.

This kind of attitude, insinuating that you’re either for Hibs ladies or you’re a dinosaur, doesn’t help the discussion and is as entrenched and blinkered as those that are set against any kind of women’s football IMO.

It’s just as valid an opinion for those who want no “detriment to the men’s team” as those that feel “we are all Hibs”

tonyrougier123
21-02-2020, 09:58 PM
That's the spirit 🙄

Wether you like it or not,it's a reasonable thing to ask.Its totally up for debate what the op has posted,be nice to hear peoples measured views on this subject.
I want the club and anything under the hibernian fc banner to be a success,I'm not itk about how things are funded so wont comment on that.
But is there a growing urge for the women's game to head exactly where the mens game is at?looks like the glasgow clubs will hold the monopoly in wspl too,in which case I wouldn't want to see us throw cash from the men's game into that arena knowing it's hard enough trying to do it in the spfl.
What I would say is if the owner endorses it,then it's his club and he seems to have a plan for hibs,I just hope there's an ambition to grow the stature of the men's side first and foremost.all the side projects are nice,but the core focal point imo will always be footballing success for the team I follow,which is the men's first team,that's where I spend my money.only my views as I say on a debatable subject.

Andy74
21-02-2020, 09:59 PM
The narrow minded, misogynist views on here are actually quite frightening. Passively masked as concerns about funding.

Eye opening stuff.

These types of comments do you or the women’s game no credit at all.

If you don’t agree about the concerns that’s fine but your interpretation of what’s behind them is just ignorant.

I’d have the same issues funding a men’s dominoes team for example under the Hibs name.

It would be great if enough people went to the games and supported it commercially, until then it’s not a viable profession.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 10:03 PM

We are ALL Hibs.

:faf: You are more Hibs than me, i dont care about the ladies team, and i bet we will be on here moaning like mad just as soon as we are in another relegation fight moaning about money going towards a team that will never produce one player for the team i support.

Although everything will be fine, as the ladies team will be playing in the Scottish cup final in front of a couple of hundred relatives.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 10:11 PM
This kind of attitude, insinuating that you’re either for Hibs ladies or you’re a dinosaur, doesn’t help the discussion and is as entrenched and blinkered as those that are set against any kind of women’s football IMO.

It’s just as valid an opinion for those who want no “detriment to the men’s team” as those that feel “we are all Hibs”

It’s like most things on here these days, you’re perceived to be at one end of the scale or the other.

Do I have any interest in the ladies team? No.
Do I think the they should be allowed to develop and fund a team? Yes.
Would it be good if they manage to do so? Absolutely.
Do I think funds should be diverted to that rather than the team I am interested in and pay to watch every week? No.

I don’t think I’m a dinosaur, misogynistic or anything like that though. The small number of people who actively support the women’s game tend to be the ones that chuck the insults about. I’ve not seen anybody on here wish the ladies team anything other than success. It’s just that they would rather the money they put in to the club is spent on the thing they have an interest in.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 10:14 PM
Wether you like it or not,it's a reasonable thing to ask.Its totally up for debate what the op has posted,be nice to hear peoples measured views on this subject.
I want the club and anything under the hibernian fc banner to be a success,I'm not itk about how things are funded so wont comment on that.
But is there a growing urge for the women's game to head exactly where the mens game is at?looks like the glasgow clubs will hold the monopoly in wspl too,in which case I wouldn't want to see us throw cash from the men's game into that arena knowing it's hard enough trying to do it in the spfl.
What I would say is if the owner endorses it,then it's his club and he seems to have a plan for hibs,I just hope there's an ambition to grow the stature of the men's side first and foremost.all the side projects are nice,but the core focal point imo will always be footballing success for the team I follow,which is the men's first team,that's where I spend my money.only my views as I say on a debatable subject.

My comment related to zero respect shown to one of 'our' players. A player who has been appropriately rewarded with a contract.

Clearly you don't agree. That's fair enough.

Not sure about the rest of you post? What do you mean?

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 10:16 PM
:faf: You are more Hibs than me, i dont care about the ladies team, and i bet we will be on here moaning like mad just as soon as we are in another relegation fight moaning about money going towards a team that will never produce one player for the team i support.

Although everything will be fine, as the ladies team will be playing in the Scottish cup final in front of a couple of hundred relatives.

Each to their own. Others do care about our womens team. Nice to know where you stand though.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 10:21 PM
It’s like most things on here these days, you’re perceived to be at one end of the scale or the other.

Do I think funds should be diverted to that rather than the team I am interested in and pay to watch every week? No.

I don’t think I’m a dinosaur, misogynistic or anything like that though. The small number of people who actively support the women’s game tend to be the ones that chuck the insults about. I’ve not seen anybody on here wish the ladies team anything other than success. It’s just that they would rather the money they put in to the club is spent on the thing they have an interest in.

:top marks

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 10:27 PM

So those who state they 'don't care about the womans team' are actually 'wishing them success'?

Apologies. My misunderstanding.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 10:30 PM
So those who state they 'don't care about the womans team' are actually 'wishing them success'?

Apologies. My misunderstanding.

Bit of a different thing really.

I hope they do well. But, realistically, they could play a game without me even realising.

Thanks for the apology.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 10:37 PM

It's not a box ticking exercise at all. It's a belief the club is for everyone. It's time to move with the times.

Hibs now also have a team in an autistic league. I imagine this was set up as it's too stressful on a sensory level for players to take part in 'mainstream' football, so it's unlikely they will ever play in the men's team either. I have no problem with Hibs funding such an initiative. In fact, I fully support it. Again, as the club is for everyone.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 10:37 PM
Bit of a different thing really.

I hope they do well. But, realistically, they could play a game without me even realising.

Thanks for the apology.

'They'

Don't mention it. You're welcome.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 10:40 PM
'They'

Don't mention it. You're welcome.

Oh is the word ‘they’ offensive now?

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 10:48 PM
It's not a box ticking exercise at all. It's a belief the club is for everyone. It's time to move with the times.

Hibs now also have a team in an autistic league. I imagine this was set up as it's too stressful on a sensory level for players to take part in 'mainstream' football, so it's unlikely they will ever play in the men's team either. I have no problem with Hibs funding such an initiative. In fact, I fully support it. Again, as the club is for everyone.

As a parent of a 24 yo severly autistic boy, I couldn't agree more. In fact, the club and associated charities (LAS) have given me a couple of precious opportunities to take him. Albeit we left shortly after kick off each time.

I'll argue forever that our club is for everyone. And I make no apologies.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 10:50 PM
Oh is the word ‘they’ offensive now?

Not as far as I'm aware. You can refer to women however you like.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 10:56 PM
Not as far as I'm aware. You can refer to women however you like.

Get a grip. It’s a generic word. I’m sure I’ve used it to describe plenty men’s teams without being told off for it.

hibby rae
21-02-2020, 11:04 PM
As a parent of a 24 yo severly autistic boy, I couldn't agree more. In fact, the club and associated charities (LAS) have given me a couple of precious opportunities to take him. Albeit we left shortly after kick off each time.

I'll argue forever that our club is for everyone. And I make no apologies.

Have you heard about the clubs that have installed sensory rooms in their stadiums? I could see us doing something similar down the line. In my last job I was contacted by Aberdeen as they are interested in having sensory packs available for fans.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 11:11 PM
Get a grip. It’s a generic word. I’m sure I’ve used it to describe plenty men’s teams without being told off for it.

Relax. It's all cool.

My original point was that a Hibs player was awarded a contract, and that this was a positive thing for her and our club.

I get that opinions differ. I'd be worried if they didn't tbh.

Let's focus on 3 points tomorrow by stuffing Livi.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 11:12 PM
Have you heard about the clubs that have installed sensory rooms in their stadiums? I could see us doing something similar down the line. In my last job I was contacted by Aberdeen as they are interested in having sensory packs available for fans.

Saw a video online from Brighton (I’m sure it was them) who have this in the ground and it looked brilliant. I’d have thought we’d have the space for that type of thing. The old boxes in the Famous Five sit empty these days for instance, although I don’t know what would go in to creating the right environment.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 11:19 PM

Sounds like a great idea. As I said, sadly my boy is severe. Too big and strong for a meltdown now. WWE style grapples. Ironically though he is now in residential care near Aberdeen. But anything that can help parents and children can only be a good thing.

Maybe I've been a little too defensive tonight. It's hard not to be.

4-1 Hibs tomorrow. Marv with a late consolation would be nice.

The 90+2
21-02-2020, 11:22 PM
Sounds like a great idea. As I said, sadly my boy is severe. Too big and strong for a meltdown now. WWE style grapples. Ironically though he is now in residential care near Aberdeen. But anything that can help parents and children can only be a good thing.

Maybe I've been a little too defensive tonight. It's hard not to be.

4-1 Hibs tomorrow. Marv with a late consolation would be nice.

Disregard my post mate, chin up. 👍

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 11:30 PM
Probably people who don’t really care about ladies football but just like Hibs youth teams want the ladies to be successful. You must have some connection to the girls side for getting on your high horse so much on this thread and disparaging others isn’t helping.

I'm merely defending the clubs support of womans football.

It's 2020 and our club has made a historic step forward today. Personally I don't see how it can be a negative. But I now understand it is for others. Which is fair enough. We all share different views. Which is fine.

SquashedFrogg
21-02-2020, 11:34 PM
Disregard my post mate, chin up. 👍

Ha. I've already replied.

To anyone I've offended tonight. I apologise. We all want the same, to see a successful Hibs. Perhaps we envisage this in different ways.

But we stick together. Always.

See you behind East tomorrow.

The 90+2
21-02-2020, 11:48 PM

To anyone I've offended tonight. I apologise. We all want the same, to see a successful Hibs. Perhaps we envisage this in different ways.

Good man. Let me know if you fancy a pint.

1875godsgift
22-02-2020, 01:30 AM

Yes, I do. We are all Hibees :flag:

Were the 250,000 out in Leith all male?

Viva_Palmeiras
22-02-2020, 05:01 AM
Relax. It's all cool.

My original point was that a Hibs player was awarded a contract, and that this was a positive thing for her and our club.

I get that opinions differ. I'd be worried if they didn't tbh.

Let's focus on 3 points tomorrow by stuffing Livi.

TailorEd support autistic kids (unfortunately upto 16) but have a reasonably strong dads network who Meetup monthly for pub quizzes generally at the Newsroom - everyone most welcome. If you or anyone else would be interested PM me.

hibsbollah
22-02-2020, 06:39 AM
There's two recent threads on here, both 100% Hibs content, about a player signing for the women's team and an environmental project the club is promoting. Both unequivocally good things.

But they've both degenerated into multipage slanging matches, driven by the usual suspects who seem to have a political angle in disliking both initiatives. It's trolling, its becoming commonplace on here and is making this forum a less interesting place to spend time.

Stonewall
22-02-2020, 06:57 AM

It’s been good to hear someone speaking from the heart and I don’t think you’ve offended anyone (certainly not me).

I only have a passing interest in the ladies team but given the rate at which the woman’s game is developing in terms of participation and standards I think the club would be mad not to want to be at the forefront of it.

Surely our attitude to the women’s team, the environment, and issues like the food bank collection, autistic supporters, physically disabled supporters etc defines what we are as a club operating in its community in the 21 century.

I don’t think it’s too big a stretch to think that there is a long term benefit to the wider club by embracing the changes and getting on board. The benefits will flow whether approaching a company for sponsorship where the marketing director is a female or the fact even if it’s just my wife sitting down and actually watching the women's team on the telly or my mate who took his daughters to the Bayern Munich match which they enjoyed or my niece who paid to get into the Celtic game at the end of last season.

I wouldn’t be averse to limited financial support being given to the women’s team with a view to them becoming self sustaining in the future because I think in the long run the club would get it back in spades.

hibee-boys
22-02-2020, 07:11 AM
You only have to look at the shift towards better enviromental/social policy and governance standards in the corporate world as evidence of the recognised 'bottom line' value of this approach in todays world.

Am I excited by us taking a greener approach or interested in our ladies team.....not really. However, I am aware that many of our supporters are, or will be, along with future prospective supporters/investors/sponsors and that is what 'could' ultimately benefit our club/brand....football team.

Since452
22-02-2020, 07:14 AM
My concern is Celtic and Rangers have the income to support a professional womans team. Hibs don't without it coming at the detriment of the men's team. I appreciate the club are trying to be progressive but my main concern is the men's team and bridging the financial gap to Aberdeen so we can compete with them for players and push the club on. If we had an all conquering woman's team with the men's team mid to lower table would anyone be happy? I doubt it.

Sammy7nil
22-02-2020, 07:14 AM
That's the spirit 🙄

What's is wrong with that, he does not support the ladies team big deal. I am sure many on here if asked sign Docherty and Sparky or fund the ladies team would not have a tough decision to make.

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2020, 07:51 AM
Maybe been posted already but Hibs Women v Spartans live on BBC tomorrow from 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51591480

matty_f
22-02-2020, 07:52 AM
Don't suppose that anyone's considered that the ladies team might be self-funded? It's surely not only the men's game that has sponsorship money (from shirts, to the league and to individual players), prize money, TV revenue, and attendances?

The scale may well be different but given the exposure women's football is rightly getting these days, it's pretty arrogant to suppose that it's the men who are paying for it.

hibsbollah
22-02-2020, 08:00 AM
Don't suppose that anyone's considered that the ladies team might be self-funded? It's surely not only the men's game that has sponsorship money (from shirts, to the league and to individual players), prize money, TV revenue, and attendances?

The scale may well be different but given the exposure women's football is rightly getting these days, it's pretty arrogant to suppose that it's the men who are paying for it.

It threatens the narrative that women and girls football only exists because of the toleration of 'normal','day to day' fans, ie- blokes. Let them have their wee kick about, but just don't get too big for your boots, hen.

Just_Jimmy
22-02-2020, 08:04 AM
What about the money the first team generates through cup runs, TV deals, qualifying for Europe, selling of players etc...Its not just about ticket money.What about it? You pay for the right to sit in the stadium and watch the team play. That's what your ticket purchase gets you. It's then up to the club to decide how they spend that money.

Like any business they use all the money that comes in, in a variety of ways to attempt to regenerate more income to grow, enhance the product on the park so people buy more tickets and to enhance the all round and long term growth of the club and go secure its long term future.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2020, 08:06 AM
This neanderthal would like it very much if the ladies team was self funding. I remember asking where does it end in the very beginning of the ladies team starting, when they were looking for funding.

They have won multiple trophies since then, but just like the mens team, they have been overtaken by money.

It's always down to money, and we've been moaning about not having enough to compete with Hearts or Aberdeen. Yet here we are moaning about the womens team not keeping up with Rangers or Celtic, who will always pay more for everything they do than we will.

Nobody on ANY thread i've read has EVER said there should not be womens football, the argument is how it should be funded.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 08:08 AM
Yes, I do. We are all Hibees :flag:

Were the 250,000 out in Leith all male?

I’m not sure why it matters whether they were all male or not? All that matters is that it shows the overall difference in interest is absolutely enormous. If anything, what you’ve just pointed out probably proves the point further - there would have been 1000sX the amount of women out at that parade celebrating the men’s team than their would have been watching/celebrating the women’s team win their cups. The interest in the women’s team simply isn’t there. Did someone not say on here the last time this discussion came round that their attendances had actually went down?

B.H.F.C post earlier in the thread sums up my thoughts perfectly to be honest.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2020, 08:08 AM
Do we have a dinosaur smiley?

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2020, 08:10 AM
It threatens the narrative that women and girls football only exists because of the toleration of 'normal','day to day' fans, ie- blokes. Let them have their wee kick about, but just don't get too big for your boots, hen.

That is just nonsense, the only argument i can see is how it is funded, not once have i ever read anyone say they are against women playing football to the highest standard they can achieve?

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 08:12 AM

I would absolutely love to see a link to a post that has said/suggested that, because there’s certainly been none on here.

Andy74
22-02-2020, 08:18 AM
There's two recent threads on here, both 100% Hibs content, about a player signing for the women's team and an environmental project the club is promoting. Both unequivocally good things.

But they've both degenerated into multipage slanging matches, driven by the usual suspects who seem to have a political angle in disliking both initiatives. It's trolling, its becoming commonplace on here and is making this forum a less interesting place to spend time.

Don’t be daft. People exchanging their views is what discussion is all about.

Describing people’s genuine views as trolling is just insulting.

It’s more the type of contribution that you’ve just made that makes this forum a less interesting place to be.

hibsbollah
22-02-2020, 08:20 AM
That is just nonsense, the only argument i can see is how it is funded, not once have i ever read anyone say they are against women playing football to the highest standard they can achieve?

I think it's obvious that lots of posters on here are threatened by women playing football, they are hardly likely to come on and say 'Morning. I'm a big mysogynist', so actual evidence of this is fairly hard to come by. But no discussion about women's football on here is complete without going down the rabbit hole about whether they're compromising the mens game.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 08:26 AM
I think it's obvious that lots of posters on here are threatened by women playing football, they are hardly likely to come on and say 'Morning. I'm a big mysogynist', so actual evidence of this is fairly hard to come by. But no discussion about women's football on here is complete without going down the rabbit hole about whether they're compromising the mens game.

No, no discussion about funding the women’s team on pro contracts - the last thread had people moaning that we were losing players to Rangers who are signing these women on FULL TIME contracts - is complete on here without people asking how we’d be able to compete with that when there’s next to nobody goes to watch them.

The same questions would be asked, as has been pointed out, if Hibs started a men’s basketball team, a men’s dominoes team or a mixed badmington squad who were getting the same sort of crowds and people started suggesting they should be made full time.

green day
22-02-2020, 08:31 AM
Don’t be daft. People exchanging their views is what discussion is all about.

Describing people’s genuine views as trolling is just insulting.

It’s more the type of contribution that you’ve just made that makes this forum a less interesting place to be.

Ah, the classic "throw a grenade and when you get called start crying foul" :top marks

Its not about exchanging views, its about you (for example) having around 25% of the posts on the first two pages ranting about funding for her, then when Underscore tells you how its funded finding fault with that answer as well.

Pathetic.

You are simply looking for reasons to create discontent - you were probably "exchanging views" about Ponzi schemes at the outset of HSL too :rolleyes:

The Modfather
22-02-2020, 08:35 AM

I’m sure there are, but we’re probably talking about less than a handful on a thread 5 pages long. There’s probably as many posters who are as noticeable for advocating all things Hibs ladies, but who in the real world don’t actually care as much as their online persona. Again, impossible to prove but in threads complaining about how poorly funded the women’s team is and run on a shoe string (which I wouldn’t argue with) my suggestions for the staple fundraising means like race nights etc usually don’t get a reply.

It’s the generalisations that seem to stifle debate and cause friction. I’ve literally never seen one post on any thread saying they don’t believe the women should have free reign to raise finances and sponsorship and be self sufficient. Some posters, not necessarily yourself, equate anyone asking if the men’s team are funding the women’s team as being dinosaurs.

Andy74
22-02-2020, 08:51 AM
Ah, the classic "throw a grenade and when you get called start crying foul" :top marks

Its not about exchanging views, its about you (for example) having around 25% of the posts on the first two pages ranting about funding for her, then when Underscore tells you how its funded finding fault with that answer as well.

Pathetic.

You are simply looking for reasons to create discontent - you were probably "exchanging views" about Ponzi schemes at the outset of HSL too :rolleyes:
I’ll let others decide on which of us is being pathetic here.

hibsbollah
22-02-2020, 08:53 AM
I’m sure there are, but we’re probably talking about less than a handful on a thread 5 pages long. There’s probably as many posters who are as noticeable for advocating all things Hibs ladies, but who in the real world don’t actually care as much as their online persona. Again, impossible to prove but in threads complaining about how poorly funded the women’s team is and run on a shoe string (which I wouldn’t argue with) my suggestions for the staple fundraising means like race nights etc usually don’t get a reply.

It’s the generalisations that seem to stifle debate and cause friction. I’ve literally never seen one post on any thread saying they don’t believe the women should have free reign to raise finances and sponsorship and be self sufficient. Some posters, not necessarily yourself, equate anyone asking if the men’s team are funding the women’s team as being dinosaurs.

Perhaps there's a need for some self policing. If you're not really interested in threads about the womens or girls game (and I admit because I have two daughters who like football, support Hibs and spend money on Hibs, I'm genuinely interested in both the mens and women's game), why not just don't contribute negatively to the thread? The same way as I've got nothing interesting to say about cricket or formula one threads.

There's a lack of fundamental lack of honesty going on.

Andy74
22-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Perhaps there's a need for some self policing. If you're not really interested in threads about the womens or girls game (and I admit because I have two daughters who like football, support Hibs and spend money on Hibs, I'm genuinely interested in both the mens and women's game), why not just don't contribute negatively to the thread? The same way as I've got nothing interesting to say about cricket or formula one threads.

There's a lack of fundamental lack of honesty going on.

I dint think you’re really understanding how a discussion works. In fact, you are largely the one bringing any negativity to it.

If this is to be self policing how about you bow out unless you can understand the points under discussion and contribute effectively to it?

Again if we are to self police you could maybe apologise to the people you are insulting for just making their own views known in a civilised way?

Brightside
22-02-2020, 08:57 AM
I guess this will come out in next few weeks ?

The community foundation wasn’t set up to support elite sport / football.

Has the women’s 1st team gone into a separate company ?

Joelle will receive 2 wages..1 from community foundation as girls and academy manager - which you could question is struggling - look at recent national squads - hardly a Hibs girls player in there.

Then she will receive her Hibs women’s money and you could argue isn’t even the best player in the team.

If I was a male Hibs youth player training full time getting X amount (not much) per week I would be wondering if this is right. Nothing to do with gender just am I valued as a player.

Does the Hibs women’s manager get £ from the foundation too ?

Some transparency to what fans donated to at the start of the season with shirt sales would be useful.

Why the transparency requirement when it women’s football? Btw the Hibs manager get paid an hourly wage for when he is on the pitch. The main reason we lost our last manager. Joelle is already paid by the foundation. She will not be getting an extra wage from Hibernian for playing. I won’t comment on her performance as Academy Mgr, that’s for another thread. But the Academy is a shambles at the moment.

Any male youth player on a contract will be on a much higher wage than any female player.

These are part time contracts. Not big wages. Probably no more than expenses for most. No one in Hibs Women is taking money from the Hibs Men’s team. And to be 100% clear anyone worrying so much about that is doing that due to being sexist. They can hide that all they want but it’s clear as clear can be. It’s not hurting anyone at the club for us to put some time and effort into woman’s football. It’s just a shame we are so late to the party. Maybe we wouldn’t have lost so many youth players to others teams.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 09:04 AM
No, no discussion about funding the women’s team on pro contracts - the last thread had people moaning that we were losing players to Rangers who are signing these women on FULL TIME contracts - is complete on here without people asking how we’d be able to compete with that when there’s next to nobody goes to watch them.

The same questions would be asked, as has been pointed out, if Hibs started a men’s basketball team, a men’s dominoes team or a mixed badmington squad who were getting the same sort of crowds and people started suggesting they should be made full time.

No one in Hibs Woman’s team is going to be on even a decent hourly wage. You dont need to worried or offended. And for the last time You are not paying their wages.

GreenCastle
22-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Why the transparency requirement when it women’s football? Btw the Hibs manager get paid an hourly wage for when he is on the pitch. The main reason we lost our last manager. Joelle is already paid by the foundation. She will not be getting an extra wage from Hibernian for playing. I won’t comment on her performance as Academy Mgr, that’s for another thread. But the Academy is a shambles at the moment.

Any male youth player on a contract will be on a much higher wage than any female player.

These are part time contracts. Not big wages. Probably no more than expenses for most. No one in Hibs Women is taking money from the Hibs Men’s team. And to be 100% clear anyone worrying so much about that is doing that due to being sexist. They can hide that all they want but it’s clear as clear can be. It’s not hurting anyone at the club for us to put some time and effort into woman’s football. It’s just a shame we are so late to the party. Maybe we wouldn’t have lost so many youth players to others teams.

If the girls academy is a shambles do the foundation think it’s a good idea she’s now focusing more on her football again ? Bit like when the World Cup took place the girls Academy was pretty much ignored as she was away.

The girls academy and 1st team have really missed an opportunity to grow on the hard work put in over the years. Many folk could see this coming but nothing done. It comes across as fire fighting without any planning - Hibs will always loose players for example this shouldn’t be shock to the staff.

They were always going to struggle to match Celtic and Rangers but still an attractive option for being best in the East. It’s sad to see as Hibs were always producing good young players but now it seems a mess. Some odd decisions being made - did they even advertise for the new head coach / manager role or was it the cheap option? Surely if they want the best they should have opened it up like Celtic did. Even someone like Gareth Evans would have been a positive appointment with his experience.

The Modfather
22-02-2020, 09:06 AM

Those sweeping, and polarising, generalisations probably do more harm to an adult debate about how to grow the Hibs women’s team than they do to get folk onboard.

At the crux of it all it’s quite simple for me. Both Hibs men’s and ladies team should be self sufficient, have no barriers to grow revenue & sponsorship and money raised by one team should not go to the other team. Hibs men shouldn’t ever receive any money generated by the women’s team.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 09:11 AM
If the girls academy is a shambles do the foundation think it’s a good idea she’s now focusing more on her football again ? Bit like when the World Cup took place the girls Academy was pretty much ignored as she was away.

The girls academy and 1st team have really missed an opportunity to grow on the hard work put in over the years. Many folk could see this coming but nothing done.

They were always going to struggle to match Celtic and Rangers but still an attractive option for being best in the East. It’s sad to see as Hibs were always producing good young players but now it seems a mess. Some odd decisions being made - did they even advertise for the new head coach / manager role or was it the cheap option? Surely if they want the best they should have opened it up like Celtic did. Even someone like Gareth Evans would have been a positive appointment with his experience.

Cheap option. Didn’t want to be seen to spending money. Who would take that job? Spend 10k doing your badges and end up with a £9 an hour job? Joelle being the first to get a contract is symbolic it’s not about the best players etc. She wouldn’t even be in the top 6 in the team these days. A few years back she was one of the best in the country.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Those sweeping, and polarising, generalisations probably do more harm to an adult debate about how to grow the Hibs women’s team than they do to get folk onboard.

At the crux of it all it’s quite simple for me. Both Hibs men’s and ladies team should be self sufficient, have no barriers to grow revenue & sponsorship and money raised by one team should not go to the other team. Hibs men shouldn’t ever receive any money generated by the women’s team.

Hibs Woman are not taking any money from the Hibs Men. I can’t keep saying the same thing. The foundation is a charity that does not take money from the Hibs Men.

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2020, 09:14 AM
Hibs Woman are not taking any money from the Hibs Men. I can’t keep saying the same thing. The foundation is a charity that does not take money from the Hibs Men.

Can you explain how the Hibs foundation is funded please, i genuinely have no idea?

GreenCastle
22-02-2020, 09:17 AM

So is Hibs women now separate?

As the community foundation ( a charity ) can’t surely be seen to be supporting elite level football surely ?

At the start of the season when new strips were bought fans could donate to foundation - is this donated money now being used to fund the women’s side ?

green day
22-02-2020, 09:19 AM
Can you explain how the Hibs foundation is funded please, i genuinely have no idea?

https://www.hiberniancommunityfoundation.org.uk/

Brightside

Charity donations, subs, grants. They get use of Hibernian FC facilities.

Keith_M
Admins:

Could you possibly move this to the "Started off fairly uncontroversial but turned into a rabid argument" Forum.

I realise it's probably getting quite busy in there...

The Modfather
22-02-2020, 09:20 AM

Not sure why you explained that again to reply to my post.

I’ll bow out of the thread now as I challenged the generalisations I wanted and made my thoughts clear on the Hibs women’s and men’s teams. Anything else and I’d just be repeating myself...

MyJo
22-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Here is their board of directors, not sure if it helps understanding their skill set
Couple of directors with Investment experience

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC652037/officers

To be honest I got bored reading the thread not long after this but I was just wondering if anyone else picked up on the fact that the woman's team has been registered as a new company on 20/01/20.

This suggests they are no longer just a part of the community foundation but are instead their own separate entity, i.e. a professional team.

This probably means that they will be looking to generate their own income from tickets & sponsorships etc in the same way that men's team does.

The SWPL1 games are also starting to be broadcast on TV and the league has sponsorship and higher profile meaning the prize money on offer is probably also on the increase.

Looks to me like they are making a conscious effort to stand on their own two feet rather than sponging of the mens team IMO so maybe we can just get behind them and look at it for the positive step it is?.........just an idea

blackpoolhibs
22-02-2020, 09:27 AM
Charity donations, subs, grants. They get use of Hibernian FC facilities.

How much would the foundation have needed to raise, if they were to retain those players who have left?

Brightside
22-02-2020, 09:28 AM
To be honest I got bored reading the thread not long after this but I was just wondering if anyone else picked up on the fact that the woman's team has been registered as a new company on 20/01/20.

This suggests they are no longer just a part of the community foundation but are instead their own separate entity, i.e. a professional team.

This probably means that they will be looking to generate their own income from tickets & sponsorships etc in the same way that men's team does.

The SWPL1 games are also starting to be broadcast on TV and the league has sponsorship and higher profile meaning the prize money on offer is probably also on the increase.

Looks to me like they are making a conscious effort to stand on their own two feet rather than sponging of the mens team IMO so maybe we can just get behind them and look at it for the positive step it is?.........just an idea

The foundation owns the new formed team.

Forza Fred
22-02-2020, 09:29 AM
So is Hibs women now separate?

?

Hibernian Women Football Club were registered as a company on 20 January 2020.

It was reported on here a week or so ago.

They have their own separate board.

I don’t know how their finances will work, but they are seeking player sponsorships......which the Australia Branch has supported.

GreenCastle
22-02-2020, 09:32 AM
Hibernian Women Football Club were registered as a company on 20 January 2020.

It was reported on here a week or so ago.

They have their own separate board.

I don’t know how their finances will work, but they are seeking player sponsorships......which the Australia Branch has supported.

Thanks.

This makes more sense.

KWJ
22-02-2020, 09:39 AM

Before the grumps start consider this, Hibs wont attract many more men to come to watch football but there is a massive untapped market of women if the game can capture their interest and get young girls and women playing the sport, even at the most rudimentary level most of us men played at, which is how the interest starts. So supporting the ladies team is every bit as important to the future of the club as offering £50 season tickets to kids to get them hooked.

I agree with this. With the media attention the woman's game has attracted over the past couple of years there is a great opportunity for it to grow and Hibs are starting from a position of strength. With the OF clubs now investing and Glasgow City already being strong I think it makes sense for the club to put more resources into it to avoid us falling behind at a key point in the women's game.

The cost to the men's game seems minimal at most for what could be a a key part of the club's future.

We are all Hibs and that.

The 90+2
22-02-2020, 09:40 AM

It possibly is, clarification would be for the best on the matter though.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:03 AM

I don’t understand why they need to clarify anything tbh. I have no idea how much we spend on the youth academy but I leave it to the club to decide. The club have decided to try and do more to help support the Woman’s side of Hibernian. I don’t see any reason why that has to be clarified further.

Forza Fred
22-02-2020, 10:04 AM

I imagine it will be at the forthcoming AGM

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:05 AM
How much would the foundation have needed to raise, if they were to retain those players who have left?

We couldn’t have kept those that went down south. But it’s very disappointing that we didn’t get the ones that came back. We wouldn’t have had to raise anything for that. It’s not about money it’s about future plans for the clubs. Hibernian isn’t attractive at the moment.

Eyrie
22-02-2020, 10:06 AM
Couple of odd suggestions earlier in the thread saying this is like taking money out of the first team budget to fund a dominos team etc.

Last time I checked we are still Hibernian Football Club, not Hibernian Men's Football Club. Easy to spot the difference.

Could the critics explain exactly how much money has been taken from Ross' budget to fund our women's team? And could they clarify whether that is more than we paid Vela, or spent on fancy seats for the dugout instead of wooden benches, or how it stacks up to the cost of running East Mains when Gullane beach and Arthur's Seat are free? It'll provide some helpful context about the additional expense for a club with turnover of £10.8m and a wage bill of £6.3m.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:13 AM
Btw. There is no mention of a full time contract for the new signing at Rangers today.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:21 AM
Btw. There is no mention of a full time contract for the new signing at Rangers today.

There is in previous announcements. And yet you were/are adamant they don’t have full time players.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:25 AM
We couldn’t have kept those that went down south. But it’s very disappointing that we didn’t get the ones that came back. We wouldn’t have had to raise anything for that. It’s not about money it’s about future plans for the clubs. Hibernian isn’t attractive at the moment.

You were previously moaning about the players that went to the OF (who are giving out full time contracts, as per their announcement of full time contracts) and saying Hibs didn’t do enough. How do you suggest we give players from the women’s team full time jobs funded by 50 or so people paying a fiver or so 20 times a season to see them play?

Andy74
22-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Andy, your views are stupid views. And they are poorly expressed. That's my opinion. Which ive expressed in a civilized and polite way. And if you don't like it you can away and hurl Andy OBrien at yourself.

This is the way things get discussed now is it?

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:34 AM
There is in previous announcements. And yet you were/are adamant they don’t have full time players.

Please point me to the full time contract player and I’ll happily break it down for you.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:38 AM
Please point me to the full time contract player and I’ll happily break it down for you.

It was posted earlier in the thread. What are you wanting to break down? Rangers announced they’d given out full time contracts to players. There’s nothing to break down, they got full time contracts, they’re full time employed by Rangers to play football. Whether that’s minimum wage or whatever is neither here nor there, Hibs couldn’t afford that for numerous players like you said we should have on gate receipts of about £250 20 odd times a season.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:39 AM
You were previously moaning about the players that went to the OF (who are giving out full time contracts, as per their announcement of full time contracts) and saying Hibs didn’t do enough. How do you suggest we give players from the women’s team full time jobs funded by 50 or so people paying a fiver or so 20 times a season to see them play?

Show me the full time contracted players at any of the clubs please. They clubs would be breaking employment laws if they were full time employees and being paid what they are.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:40 AM
It was posted earlier in the thread. What are you wanting to break down? Rangers announced they’d given out full time contracts to players. There’s nothing to break down, they got full time contracts, they’re full time employed by Rangers to play football. Whether that’s minimum wage or whatever is neither here nor there, Hibs couldn’t afford that for numerous players like you said we should have on gate receipts of about £250 20 odd times a season.

Name that player please. And I’ll go check the official press release. Facts please.

Beefster

Your last statement is a nice try but largely irrelevant to the debate about full-time players at other clubs. I was told a couple of times that Rangers categorically did not have full-time professional players. That either turned out to be guff or the clubs are lying. Given that players are moving from other countries, the first option seems far more likely.

FWIW, I've no issue / don't care how the Hibs Women's team is funded. I was challenging the assertion that no female player at Rangers was on >£7k pa. Just before anyone implies I am a misogynist / trolling.

calumhibee1
Show me the full time contracted players at any of the clubs please. They clubs would be breaking employment laws if they were full time employees and being paid what they are.

You have no idea what they’re being paid. You’re making things up to suit your argument. Rangers announced it. It was posted earlier in the thread. Either Rangers are lying and they’re not full time or you’re lying to try and make your point and failing miserably at it. We all know what one it is.

Bright_Hibee
22-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Couple of odd suggestions earlier in the thread saying this is like taking money out of the first team budget to fund a dominos team etc.

Last time I checked we are still Hibernian Football Club, not Hibernian Men's Football Club. Easy to spot the difference.

Could the critics explain exactly how much money has been taken from Ross' budget to fund our women's team? And could they clarify whether that is more than we paid Vela, or spent on fancy seats for the dugout instead of wooden benches, or how it stacks up to the cost of running East Mains when Gullane beach and Arthur's Seat are free? It'll provide some helpful context about the additional expense for a club with turnover of £10.8m and a wage bill of £6.3m.

I pay for Hibs TV (I live in Canada), but when I had a season ticket in the East Stand I was paying to watch men's football. I'd expect my money to go towards funding the men's team and maintenance of the stadium. A majority probably have the same viewpoint.

As Hibs TV also includes women's football highlights and interviews I have no quarrel with some of my money going to them as it is a shared platform.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Rangers haven’t announced any full time signings. Celtic haven’t either. I’m happy to be proved wrong. Again these girls are getting buttons. Some people are desperate to find an excuse for us not to be involved in it. And wages and funding is a great reason to jump on. Yet no one has yet to provide any details of money that Hibs Men are losing out on.

GreenCastle
22-02-2020, 10:45 AM
You have no idea what they’re being paid. You’re making things up to suit your argument. Rangers announced it. It was posted earlier in the thread. Either Rangers are lying and their not full time or you’re lying to try and make your point and failing miserably at it. We all know what one it is.

The women’s full time players in Scotland are on around 20k.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:46 AM

But Underscore says that it would be breaking employment law and there is no full time players? :confused:

That’s roughly what I’d have expected them to be on. Cheers for the info GC :aok:

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Rangers haven’t announced any full time signings. Celtic haven’t either. I’m happy to be proved wrong. Again these girls are getting buttons. Some people are desperate to find an excuse for us not to be involved in it. And wages and funding is a great reason to jump on. Yet no one has yet to provide any details of money that Hibs Men are losing out on.

And some people are desperate to make up lies to try and justify us being involved in it.

It doesn’t really help the cause for getting people on board with it when you have to lie about everything to try and justify your point.

Beefster
22-02-2020, 10:48 AM

"This season they have really gone for it with the introduction of full-time players and it is only going to continue to improve."

Direct quote from a Rangers player. I'm not going to link to the Rangers website but I'm sure you can work Google just as well as I can.

"Several existing players have agreed full-time deals for the 2020 season and will be supplemented by new signings, modern apprentices and amateurs."

Direct quote from a BBC article about Celtic Women - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51020785 (I already posted this link earlier - you ignored it).

I'm already explained that my posts are about you posting stuff that is just wrong and absolutely hee-haw to do with Hibs Women funding.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:50 AM
"This season they have really gone for it with the introduction of full-time players and it is only going to continue to improve."

Direct quote from a Rangers player. I'm not going to link to the Rangers website but I'm sure you can work Google just as well as I can.

"Several existing players have agreed full-time deals for the 2020 season and will be supplemented by new signings, modern apprentices and amateurs."

Direct quote from a BBC website about Celtic Women.

I'm already explained that my posts are about you posting stuff that is just wrong and absolutely her-haw to do with Hibs Women funding.

Saved me a job. Cheers Beefster :aok:

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:50 AM

They aren’t. There is not a single player in Scotland getting paid that. It’s just lies. I’m involved in the game. I know how much players were being offered to sign for Rangers and Celtic. Jamie Lee doesn’t get that at Chelsea.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:51 AM
They aren’t. There is not a single player in Scotland getting paid that. It’s just lies. I’m involved in the game. I know how much players were being offered to sign for Rangers and Celtic. Jamie Lee doesn’t get that at Chelsea.

Maybe you should report the clubs for breaking employment law then if you know this for a fact? They can’t be paid much less than that for a full time contract.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:51 AM
Saved me a job. Cheers Beefster :aok:

A player going full time and being on a full time contract is a different thing. You are both wrong on this. By offering the women part time contracts and funding they are now able to train and play like a full time professional team.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Maybe you should report the clubs for breaking employment law then if you know this for a fact? They can’t be paid much less than that for a full time contract.

Because they aren’t on Full Time contracts. Go and ask a player.

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 10:54 AM
Because they aren’t on Full Time contracts. Go and ask a player.

They are. You’ve been provided with the evidence where several have agreed “full time deals” and still don’t want to admit you’re wrong. There’s not a lot of point in continuing the discussion with you.

Brightside
22-02-2020, 10:54 AM

Direct quote from a BBC article about Celtic Women - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51020785 (I already posted this link earlier - you ignored it).

I'm already explained that my posts are about you posting stuff that is just wrong and absolutely hee-haw to do with Hibs Women funding.

I know a Celtic player very well. None of them are on Full Time contracts.

Malthibby
22-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Anyway, well done Hibs, it's belated given how many players we have lost but essential if we want to compete at the
top end of the table. Going to be a difficult season as it is but a wee bit of hope now.
GG

Beefster
22-02-2020, 11:01 AM
I know a Celtic player very well. None of them are on Full Time contracts.

I get the impression that you're starting to head into semantics territory now.

"BBC Scotland understands there will be seven full-time players at Celtic initially, with the aim of increasing that number."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142311

Brightside
22-02-2020, 11:07 AM
I get the impression that you're starting to head into semantics territory now.

"BBC Scotland understands there will be seven full-time players at Celtic initially, with the aim of increasing that number."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142311

It’s absolutely semantics. That are training and playing like full time players and putting in the same hours our men’s team would. But they are not on full time contracts. It’s why I keep saying that it’s not about wages. The money these player me are getting is less than a 16yo would get in Macdonalds. Very few players in England’s top league are getting more than 20k a year. And they are heavily funded by rich parent clubs. Most people on this board wouldn’t get out of bed for what we pay our youth coaches and academy staff. Getting Hibs Woman on contracts does not have to cost the club much money at all. There is no reason for anyone to have the reactions they have whenever the woman’s team is mentioned.

lord bunberry
22-02-2020, 11:19 AM
Imagine if you were a young female hibs fan reading this thread. I despair at peoples attitudes at times.

The 90+2
22-02-2020, 11:22 AM
I don’t understand why they need to clarify anything tbh. I have no idea how much we spend on the youth academy but I leave it to the club to decide. The club have decided to try and do more to help support the Woman’s side of Hibernian. I don’t see any reason why that has to be clarified further.

It would stop wild speculation if anything.

The 90+2
22-02-2020, 11:23 AM
Imagine if you were a young female hibs fan reading this thread. I despair at peoples attitudes at times.

Isn’t there a Hibsladies.net? (Joking before anyone gets on their high horse).

MyJo
22-02-2020, 11:25 AM

The amount of handbags on here you would be forgiven for thinking this was it.........(also joking)

Brightside
22-02-2020, 11:28 AM

It’s Hibs Women now. 👍

The 90+2
22-02-2020, 11:29 AM
The amount of handbags on here you would be forgiven for thinking this was it.........(also joking)

The 90+2
22-02-2020, 11:30 AM
It’s Hibs Women now. 👍

I’m away to see if there’s as much bitching on there😁

Eyrie
22-02-2020, 11:37 AM
It’s Hibs Women now. 👍

Just spotted that last night in one of the tweets.

Eyrie
22-02-2020, 11:37 AM
I’m away to see if there’s as much bitching on there��

Let us know if there is the same antipathy towards our men's team over there :wink:

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 11:39 AM
It’s absolutely semantics. That are training and playing like full time players and putting in the same hours our men’s team would. But they are not on full time contracts. It’s why I keep saying that it’s not about wages. The money these player me are getting is less than a 16yo would get in Macdonalds. Very few players in England’s top league are getting more than 20k a year. And they are heavily funded by rich parent clubs. Most people on this board wouldn’t get out of bed for what we pay our youth coaches and academy staff. Getting Hibs Woman on contracts does not have to cost the club much money at all. There is no reason for anyone to have the reactions they have whenever the woman’s team is mentioned.

You were adamant you needed to be provided with evidence that the OF have players who have full time contracts earlier. You got it. “Signed full time deals”. It can’t get any clearer. The onus is now on you to prove otherwise by providing evidence that they’re not and they’re publicly lying about their employment status rather than just making things up to suit your argument. Without any evidence it’s impossible to believe a word you say really, which really doesn’t help get people on side with what you want Hibs to do.

hibsbollah
22-02-2020, 11:40 AM
Let us know if there is the same antipathy towards our men's team over there :wink:

Men's team funding disproportionately affecting women's team chances of success. Feel the rage. :agree:

hibby rae
22-02-2020, 11:47 AM
You were adamant you needed to be provided with evidence that the OF have players who have full time contracts earlier. You got it. “Signed full time deals”. It can’t get any clearer. The onus is now on you to prove otherwise by providing evidence that they’re not and they’re publicly lying about their employment status rather than just making things up to suit your argument. Without any evidence it’s impossible to believe a word you say really, which really doesn’t help get people on side with what you want Hibs to do.

To be honest, how accurate are most statements to come from the Old Firm?

calumhibee1
22-02-2020, 11:48 AM
To be honest, how accurate are most statements to come from the Old Firm?

Well, that’s a fair point :greengrin

Eyrie
22-02-2020, 11:48 AM

You're placing your faith in an Ugly Sister press release?