PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Mcgeouch

Ardenttwo
21-02-2020, 01:35 PM
Just spoke to a die hard Aberdeen fan how did Dylan play on Wednesday night. The answer ‘Crap’. and taken off. Perhaps we did not lose out after all if ever we were even interested

Since452
21-02-2020, 01:37 PM
Absolute ****ing disgrace we didn't sign him 😉

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 01:39 PM
Dylan isn’t suited to playing in that team and they won’t appreciate him.

Wasn’t a good move for him IMO.

The Modfather
21-02-2020, 01:39 PM
Just spoke to a die hard Aberdeen fan how did Dylan play on Wednesday night. The answer ‘Crap’. and taken off. Perhaps we did not lose out after all if ever we were even interested

I think he made a bit of a mistake joining an industrial side that sees football as an after thought. He is still a good player though, and I’d have him back. However I did/do wonder how he would get on without McGinn beside him. Time will tell.

Jim44
21-02-2020, 01:40 PM
It would appear that his style of play doesn’t fit in with theirs.

Barman Stanton
21-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Like others I never thought that Aberdeens style of play would suit Dylan. Cant see them getting the best out of him with their anti football style.

DH1875
21-02-2020, 01:44 PM
I think he made a bit of a mistake joining an industrial side that sees football as an after thought. He is still a good player though, and I’d have him back. However I did/do wonder how he would get on without McGinn beside him. Time will tell.

Apparently he's been fish since he signed. Aberdeen fans I know, not impressed lol.

One Day Soon
21-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Does Dylan's CV not show a bit of a track record of making poor career choices - Hibs apart - in terms of the clubs he has signed for? We are the only club where he has achieved the combination of sticking around for a significant period of time and managing a reasonable volume number of appearances.

Golden Bear
21-02-2020, 01:50 PM
Yet another club he's failed to impress at. The penny will drop one of these days.

😉

Jim44
21-02-2020, 01:53 PM
How long is his contract up north?

Barman Stanton
21-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Yet another club he's failed to impress at. The penny will drop one of these days.

😉

Scott Allan has also failed at many clubs. Sometimes a club and a player just click. I would have Dylan back in a second.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-02-2020, 02:08 PM
Dylan was a good fit for Hibs and we were a good fit for him. Don't blame him for chasing the coins. I would have him back, but in the meantime, I am not all that disappointed that Aberdeen pushed the boat out twice to get him and Ojo and both times it looks like they have been short-changed.

Since452
21-02-2020, 02:11 PM
Dylan was a good fit for Hibs and we were a good fit for him. Don't blame him for chasing the coins. I would have him back, but in the meantime, I am not all that disappointed that Aberdeen pushed the boat out twice to get him and Ojo and both times it looks like they have been short-changed.

There's nothing to suggest he'd come back and hit the heights he did when McGinn was beside him doing the legwork

Not In The Know
21-02-2020, 02:15 PM
I think if I played in midfield alongside SJM id look good ;-)

Barman Stanton
21-02-2020, 02:18 PM
There's nothing to suggest he'd come back and hit the heights he did when McGinn was beside him doing the legwork

With players like Docherty and Omeonga at the club I actually think he would fit in great. Not that it matters, he is an Aberdeen player now and we move on.

makaveli1875
21-02-2020, 02:19 PM
How long is his contract up north?

2 and a half years

DH1875
21-02-2020, 02:22 PM
With players like Docherty and Omeonga at the club I actually think he would fit in great. Not that it matters, he is an Aberdeen player now and we move on.

Given the choice, I'd rather keep Docherty.

Barman Stanton
21-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Given the choice, I'd rather keep Docherty.

Agree 100%. No idea how that lad is not getting in the Rangers team.

WeeRussell
21-02-2020, 02:34 PM
6 weeks ago he'd be pushing his way into the Hibs legends thread.

I doubt this thread will reach the post count his last one did. A few people calling it a disgrace and poor management that/if we weren't interested in him will no doubt blame it on Aberdeen's (who are comfortably above us in the league for a while now) style of play that he hasn't hit the ground running.

I don't think the small minority who dared to say they were quite comfortable with us swerving Dylan this time round will be rushing to change their minds.

Frazerbob
21-02-2020, 02:38 PM
I was at their game against St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago. They were awful, like watching us under Hecky. The fans were giving the team & manager dogs abuse and it was clear that they didn’t rate Dylan. To be fair, he was pretty anonymous, sitting in front of their defence and playing 5 yard passes all game.

I’m a big fan of Dylan but he needs a dynamic midfield around him.

hibbyfraelibby
21-02-2020, 02:44 PM
He has a shelf life and a track record of injury which needs nanaged properly. The clock is ticking on his career and he followed the money to provide for his future. Much as I liked Dylan we need to move on. We didn't miss out on him he chose his future and his choices are his to make and live with.

Unseen work
21-02-2020, 02:46 PM
I have a lot of Aberdeen fans, all of whom don’t rate him and think he is rubbish or “only plays 5 yard passes”.

In fairness Aberdeen fans are something else, Iv never seen a support chop and change their mind so often on players.

A month or so ago they all thought Ojo was rank yet now he is what’s been missing all season and their best player.

Mcgeouch was very good for us, but we were also very good for him and got him a call up. Some players are just suited to certain clubs, for me him and Aberdeen were never going to be a good fit.

Wish him all the best and all that.

Smartie
21-02-2020, 04:11 PM
Dylan is a money man. He makes his decisions based on cold hard cash, and those decisions aren’t often good ones.

He was a great player for us, probably best to leave it at that.

Since90+2
21-02-2020, 04:26 PM
Dylan is a money man. He makes his decisions based on cold hard cash, and those decisions aren’t often good ones.

He was a great player for us, probably best to leave it at that.

Most football players base decisions on cold hard cash and so would I to be honest.

Hibs 2.5 k per week?
Old firm 12k per week?

I'm walking along that M8.

Pretty Boy
21-02-2020, 04:27 PM
I'd still take him at Hibs. Cracking player.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 05:04 PM
One of my favorite players in recent years, i still think he's a great player and would have loved him to sign for us.

I caught a bit of their game against St Mirren the other week, and maybe it was the tv, but in my opinion Dylan looked as if he'd bulked up a bit, which made him look slower to me?

BroxburnHibee
21-02-2020, 05:25 PM
It's a short career. You cant blame him for chasing money.

CapitalGreen
21-02-2020, 05:32 PM
File Dylan alongside Stokes, Cummings and Fyvie as Scottish Cup winning heroes that some fans seem to relish putting the boot into for having the audacity to leave the club.

ekhibee
21-02-2020, 05:35 PM
He was good at Hibs most of the time when he wasn't injured, but virtually every other footballing choice he's made has fallen flat for one reason or another. The comparison with Scott Allen is a strange one, I'd be surprised if Allen has missed anything like as many games as McGeoch, but McGeoch was at Hibs longer. He probably should have stayed at Hibs, but he didn't so time to move on.

A Hi-Bee
21-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Who would fit right back into a team with Docherty as the main man in the middle.

BILLYHIBS
21-02-2020, 06:04 PM
Most football players base decisions on cold hard cash and so would I to be honest.

Hibs 2.5 k per week?
Old firm 12k per week?

I'm walking along that M8.

Bare footed on broken glass?

Lago
21-02-2020, 06:08 PM
Don't understand the fixation with Dylan, yes he had probably 1 good season at Hibs, spent a lot of time unfit, did Lennon not suggest it was more in his mind? Then off he went with not so much as a goodbye, always felt he was over rated frankly. But then opinions we've all got them & those are mine. 🤔

Sir David Gray
21-02-2020, 06:32 PM
I'd still take him at Hibs. Cracking player.

Agreed. Some of the revisionary stuff being written about him is quite incredible. One of the finest midfielders I've seen at Hibs in my lifetime.

tamig
21-02-2020, 06:35 PM
Absolute ****ing disgrace we didn't sign him 😉

In what way? Maybe Jack Ross didn’t fancy him.

mjhibby
21-02-2020, 07:15 PM
Dylan isn’t suited to playing in that team and they won’t appreciate him.

Wasn’t a good move for him IMO.

That was my thoughts at the time. I wonder if he thinks what it would be like playing beside Scotty and docherty with our two in form strikers to pass to. I'm sure money was the ovveriding factor in him going to the dons. It certainly wasn't for the silky football that's for sure.

CloudSquall
21-02-2020, 07:18 PM
I'd honestly forgot he'd signed for them.

Smartie
21-02-2020, 07:24 PM
One of my favorite players in recent years, i still think he's a great player and would have loved him to sign for us.

I caught a bit of their game against St Mirren the other week, and maybe it was the tv, but in my opinion Dylan looked as if he'd bulked up a bit, which made him look slower to me?

Interesting you say that.

The Sunderland fans have been pretty scathing about the fitness of several players under Jack Ross (Maguire and McNulty amongst others) and have put much of their recent revival down to improved fitness levels once Parkinson made his presence felt.

Maybe McGeouch has also been doing the wrong sort of fitness work?

Should we be concerned?

I’ve been happy with Jack Ross so far, especially the last couple of games since we went to 352.

Souter96Mac
21-02-2020, 07:34 PM
After seeing that Ojo the other week, I'm surprised he doesn't play instead of him. Ojo is woeful.

mjhibby
21-02-2020, 07:43 PM
I was at their game against St Johnstone a couple of weeks ago. They were awful, like watching us under Hecky. The fans were giving the team & manager dogs abuse and it was clear that they didn’t rate Dylan. To be fair, he was pretty anonymous, sitting in front of their defence and playing 5 yard passes all game.

Exactly. Keeps the ball moving quickly which creates space for others. The dons style of play was never going to be compatible with Dylan's. Seems blatantly obvious but he choose to go there. Hell be wasted in that team imho.

FilipinoHibs
21-02-2020, 07:43 PM
After seeing that Ojo the other week, I'm surprised he doesn't play instead of him. Ojo is woeful.Looks like we dodged two bullets.

Greenbeard
21-02-2020, 08:20 PM
Scott Allan has also failed at many clubs. Sometimes a club and a player just click. I would have Dylan back in a second.
Instead of.......?

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 08:35 PM
Instead of.......?

Slivka.

B.H.F.C
21-02-2020, 08:38 PM
Instead of.......?

Anyone except Allan or Docherty.

Cardinal G
21-02-2020, 09:14 PM

Watched him for 18 months at Sunderland and he did exactly same when he was played.

Greenbeard
21-02-2020, 09:17 PM
Slivka.
I've ruled out Slivka anyway given i) he is unlikely to feature the rest of this season unless we are really desperate and ii) he will be gone in the summer.
Given the wage Dylan would be on, who gives apart from Slivka? Docherty, Omeonga, Newell? Would you target taking Dylan back ahead of getting GD or SO on a permanent deal? Objective evaluations only please taking account of what Dylan has done since leaving us and his inconsistency in performance/fitness even when he was with us.
Where's my barge pole?

The 90+2
21-02-2020, 09:18 PM
Slivka.

Halberg too.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 09:26 PM
I've ruled out Slivka anyway given i) he is unlikely to feature the rest of this season unless we are really desperate and ii) he will be gone in the summer.
Given the wage Dylan would be on, who gives apart from Slivka? Docherty, Omeonga, Newell? Would you target taking Dylan back ahead of getting GD or SO on a permanent deal? Objective evaluations only please taking account of what Dylan has done since leaving us and his inconsistency in performance/fitness even when he was with us.
Where's my barge pole?

You have ruled out someone who started our last game?

I'd have Dylan before Omeonga and Newell if we could get him in permanent, although i think SO would compliment Dylan.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 09:27 PM
Halberg too.

Completely forgot about him too. :agree:

tonyrougier123
21-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Wish the guy all the best,not my cup of tea,turned up when he fancied it performance wise.
Turned in his best for us when his contract was running down.
Thought if anything that was teasing the supporters,then left after deliberating for what felt like an age.
Considering his injury record thought he might have had some affinity to the club,being a cup winning legend and adored by many fans,but it wasn't to be.
Probably on a decent wage at the sheep,so good luck to him.
Omeonga much better for me and fitter.

Greenbeard
21-02-2020, 09:49 PM
You have ruled out someone who started our last game?

I'd have Dylan before Omeonga and Newell if we could get him in permanent, although i think SO would compliment Dylan.
Indeed I have 'cos he was absolutely gash - as he has been way too often.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2020, 10:06 PM
Indeed I have 'cos he was absolutely gash - as he has been way too often.

Cant disagree with that, but he's part of the squad, a squad i'd like strengthened, Dylan in my opinion would do that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-02-2020, 10:18 PM

Maybe not, but he would be a good candidate for a position that we have not really filled.

FilipinoHibs
21-02-2020, 10:38 PM
That was my thoughts at the time. I wonder if he thinks what it would be like playing beside Scotty and docherty with our two in form strikers to pass to. I'm sure money was the ovveriding factor in him going to the dons. It certainly wasn't for the silky football that's for sure.

Hibs were not in for him. Aberdeen his only option.

Itsnoteasy
21-02-2020, 10:51 PM
I have a lot of Aberdeen fans, all of whom don’t rate him and think he is rubbish or “only plays 5 yard passes”.

In fairness Aberdeen fans are something else, Iv never seen a support chop and change their mind so often on players.

A month or so ago they all thought Ojo was rank yet now he is what’s been missing all season and their best player.

Mcgeouch was very good for us, but we were also very good for him and got him a call up. Some players are just suited to certain clubs, for me him and Aberdeen were never going to be a good fit.

Wish him all the best and all that.

Have we not said that about Newell being rank ?

O'Rourke3
21-02-2020, 11:15 PM
Instead of.......?Why instead of? It's now a squad game as opposed to a certain starting 11 when fit. A good manager will play different players and set ups depending on the opposition. Dylan, fit, and in the right team is a brilliant addition/option.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

HFC93
21-02-2020, 11:29 PM
I've seen him once since his move to Aberdeen and it was their game against St Mirren on tv. He was pish.

hfc rd
21-02-2020, 11:43 PM
Aberdeen fans do not rate him at all. Seems like he is their Josh Vela.

I liked Dylan McGeouch a lot when he was playing for us. Cup winning legend and part of one of the best Hibs midfields in a long time!

jgl07
21-02-2020, 11:48 PM
Interesting you say that.

The Sunderland fans have been pretty scathing about the fitness of several players under Jack Ross (Maguire and McNulty amongst others) and have put much of their recent revival down to improved fitness levels once Parkinson made his presence felt.

When Ross left Sunderland they were sixth in League One. They have risen to fifth.

Smartie
22-02-2020, 01:36 AM
When Ross left Sunderland they were sixth in League One. They have risen to fifth.

They dropped like a stone for a while immediately after he left but have picked up massively since around Christmas.

Initially they thought they’d made a mistake getting rid of Ross, who was reasonably popular but Parkinson, after a very slow start, has them playing much better.

Greenworld
22-02-2020, 10:18 AM
They dropped like a stone for a while immediately after he left but have picked up massively since around Christmas.

Initially they thought they’d made a mistake getting rid of Ross, who was reasonably popular but Parkinson, after a very slow start, has them playing much better.Not that much better 1 place and nothing between all the teams he was doing a good job in a very tough league under a very tough club to work for

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

tamig
22-02-2020, 10:26 AM

He had no McGinn beside him when he won numerous MOTM awards in his first season on loan to us.

Eyrie
22-02-2020, 10:30 AM
He had no McGinn beside him when he won numerous MOTM awards in his first season on loan to us.

The fact that McGeouch was an excellent player for us then doesn't guarantee that he would be an excellent player for us now.

We already have to fit Allan, Docherty, Newell and Omeonga into the starting midfield, with Allan, Hallberg, Slivka and Murray on the bench. The resources needed for McGeouch can be better used elsewhere in the squad eg McNulty replacing Kamberi which got us Docherty as well.

allezsauzee
22-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Is it really that much of a surprise that Dylan isn't playing at his best for a team who's tactics consist of booting the other team off the park, playing a long ball to the big huddie up front and throwing themselves to the ground to get fouls? Dylan hasn't all of sudden lost his ability but needs to play for a team that wants to play a passing game.

tamig
22-02-2020, 10:42 AM
The fact that McGeouch was an excellent player for us then doesn't guarantee that he would be an excellent player for us now.

We already have to fit Allan, Docherty, Newell and Omeonga into the starting midfield, with Allan, Hallberg, Slivka and Murray on the bench. The resources needed for McGeouch can be better used elsewhere in the squad eg McNulty replacing Kamberi which got us Docherty as well.

I was only pointing out that that argument re McGinn having the legs for him doesn’t really stack up. I’m not that fussed that McGeough never came back. We can do fine without him - and you’re right that there’s no guarantees we’d see the same player again.

hfc rd
22-02-2020, 10:47 AM

Which other Allan do we have?

I think Slivka will get moved on in the summer. Far too inconsistent and a move elsewhere might be the best thing for all parties.

I personally don’t think Ross wants McGeouch. He didn’t play that often under him at Sunderland and will know his injury record isn’t the best either. Seen in the papers this morning that he’s looking at following Livingston’s example and uncover some gems in the Scottish lower leagues.

Since452
22-02-2020, 10:49 AM

I think Slivka will get moved on in the summer. Far too inconsistent and a move elsewhere might be the best thing for all parties.

I personally don’t think Ross wants McGeouch. He didn’t play that often under him at Sunderland and will know his injury record isn’t the best either. Seen in the papers this morning that he’s looking at following Livingston’s example and uncover some gems in the Scottish lower leagues.

Your last sentence doesn't surprise me after bidding for Nisbet.

Eyrie
22-02-2020, 11:25 AM

Oops - should read Mallan.

Even at his best Allan is not the equivalent of two players.

oneone73
22-02-2020, 11:59 AM
Oops - should read Mallan.

Even at his best Allan is not the equivalent of two players.

He's the equivalent of two Hearts players.