PDA

View Full Version : Greenest Club in Scotland

Power
20-02-2020, 01:06 PM
http://greenestclubinscotland.co.uk/

Hibs - The Greenest Club in Scotland.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10556

♻️ “Today we announce our pledge in support of action to combat climate change - in a move which has been welcomed by the Scottish Government.”

Part of the 2019 summer supporter feedback.

duffers
20-02-2020, 01:06 PM
Love it!

DaveF
20-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Nice one.

I await the celtc not so green brigade to steal that website and all the ideas.

Kato
20-02-2020, 01:13 PM
Statement from Celtc incoming.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Vault Boy
20-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Really great to read. Such an important cause that demands leadership and innovation, well done to Hibs for being on of those leaders.

Pretty Boy
20-02-2020, 01:18 PM
Brilliant to see Hibs take a lead on this.

JXM73
20-02-2020, 01:21 PM
Players be taking the train to away games?

Cycling to htc?

Led disco lights like celtic?

SouthMoroccoStu
20-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Green (and white) army!

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2020, 01:23 PM
Really great to read. Such an important cause that demands leadership and invocation, well done to Hibs for being on of those leaders.

Invocation? Are we starting a new chant? 🤔😉

Peevemor
20-02-2020, 01:34 PM
I'm delighted that Hibs are doing this and hope that others follow suit.

Mick O'Rourke
20-02-2020, 01:38 PM
We are the boys in Emerald Green
The Greenest Green you've ever seen !!!:greengrin

20-02-2020, 01:41 PM
Classy club as usual

Brightside
20-02-2020, 01:42 PM
Any excuse not to have hot water in the toilets. :greengrin

Alex Trager
20-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Amazing. Finally! Delighted this has happened/been announced.

Not so long ago I mentioned to my wife that I was jealous of the approach that Forrest Green take. A mere three weeks later, I do!’t have to be.

Proud.

Hopefully we go as far as possible, and others follow.

Power
20-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Players be taking the train to away games?

Cycling to htc?

Led disco lights like celtic?

Sounds good! 🚴🏻

GreenCastle
20-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Good to see.

Would like to see more about fans dropping litter at games. Try encourage folk to use bins and stop it blowing into the local streets / community.

Also more healthy food options available too at the stadium.

They will have to something about the paper towels they use in toilets too.

Looks like a wind farm coming to East Mains.

DaveF
20-02-2020, 02:13 PM
Would like to see more about fans dropping litter at games. Try encourage folk to use bins and stop it blowing into the local streets / community

Dunno how practical it would be to have temporary matchday only bins placed halfway up hawkhill and Albion road to encourage people to abandon their rubbish rather than chucking it on the street.

Power
20-02-2020, 02:14 PM
Good to see.

Would like to see more about fans dropping litter at games. Try encourage folk to use bins and stop it blowing into the local streets / community.

Good shout, this is just the start - there will be ongoing campaigns and more positive changes which link coming.

Taken from the new release webpage.

“ By the end of 2020 almost 100% of all matchday waste will be recycled. Vegan options are currently available in stadiums kiosks, further plant based options are being added.Remove all single use plastics across catering including; straws, sauce sachets, stirrers and food containers.”

CMurdoch
20-02-2020, 02:15 PM
Good to see.

Top Tip: No need for them. After washing your hands hake the excess water off then rub them on your trousers to dry them. Jobs a carrot :aok:

CMurdoch
20-02-2020, 02:22 PM
Good shout, this is just the start - there will be ongoing campaigns and more positive changes which link coming.

Taken from the new release webpage.

“ By the end of 2020 almost 100% of all matchday waste will be recycled. Vegan options are currently available in stadiums kiosks, further plant based options are being added.Remove all single use plastics across catering including; straws, sauce sachets, stirrers and food containers.”

Don't know why this hasn't happened at all sports grounds and places of outdoor entertainment long before now. Just seems so basic.

fishybeaver
20-02-2020, 02:30 PM
Load of *****, were a football club not an environmentalist group. As for the vegan options etc, that'll just end up in the bin, if you dont like the scran dont buy it.

As for straws etc.....just drink like adults.

Kato
20-02-2020, 02:31 PM
Load of *****, were a football club not an environmentalist group. As for the vegan options etc, that'll just end up in the bin, if you dont like the scran dont buy it.

As for straws etc.....just drink lime adults.What if your allergic to citrus?

Barman Stanton
20-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Probably not in the right spirit, but you have to imagine this kind of thing will help us get sponsorship etc.

Greencore
20-02-2020, 02:41 PM

Hibernian FC are open to everyone. End off.

Peevemor
20-02-2020, 02:42 PM
Don't know why this hasn't happened at all sports grounds and places of outdoor entertainment long before now. Just seems so basic.

Price/cost & facility - pure & simple.

Now that more people are becoming aware of the problems we face, more solutions and products are readily available. We all have to get into the right habits.

We ALL need to get into the habit of doing the right thing in terms of the environment, whether we're at home, in a restaurant, at a match/cinema or wherever. The simplest of gestures can go a long way.

danhibees1875
20-02-2020, 02:44 PM

Most reasonable businesses are doing what they can to be more environmentally friendly - and for good reason. The positive reaction towards this story tells you that it's not just something for environmentalist groups. Hibs are making good steps here and it's a good sign they think it's worth shouting about too. :aok:

Your bit about food contradicts itself. :greengrin

Jones28
20-02-2020, 03:02 PM

There’s always one.

pontius pilate
20-02-2020, 03:10 PM
I'd like to see a rain water harvester at E.R I honestly think it would be a massive advantage, maybe even have solar panels as well and if the club hasn't already look at putting LED light fittings into the concourse areas

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2020, 03:10 PM

Considering your username, I'm surprised you are not more tuned to the environment. FWIW Beavers are not fish nor do they eat fish.

Sergio sledge
20-02-2020, 03:18 PM

:rotflmao:

Any business or individuals should be looking to do what they can to minimise their environmental impact.

It's going to have virtually no impact on your life, so what's the problem?

HiBremian
20-02-2020, 03:21 PM
Welcome initiative, but a bit of catching up to do with Germany’s Hibees ;-)

https://enviropaul.wordpress.com/2015/09/12/bremens-solar-stadium/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
20-02-2020, 03:23 PM

Agreed :top marks

KingPat4
20-02-2020, 03:33 PM
Any sign of a statement from Ibrox on going green?

Helensburghhibs
20-02-2020, 03:50 PM

I agree with this. I am personally of the opinion that the whole climate emergency is a convenient tax generator and nothing more. I would appreciate my football club to concentrate on football and leave supporters to keep there own views on such matters

Ronniekirk
20-02-2020, 03:54 PM
Agree with this too many other businesses want to bury their head in the sand and pretend it’s not happening so they don’t have to reduce their profit in the medium term
But it’s The Longer Term Sustainability of the Planet which is the one gift we can hand down to future generations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
20-02-2020, 04:09 PM
I agree with this. I am personally of the opinion that the whole climate emergency is a convenient tax generator and nothing more. I would appreciate my football club to concentrate on football and leave supporters to keep there own views on such matters

The word you are looking for is their.
This is part of the Keep Hibs Fans Literate Campaign :wink:.
P.S. The world is not flat.

Vault Boy
20-02-2020, 04:09 PM

What on earth do environmental scientists have to gain from 'convenient tax generation?'

Honestly, climate change deniers are as bad as flat earthers.

Very important initiative from Hibs and I'm glad to see my club taking a proactive stance in the safeguarding of our planet.

Climate change is a very real and rapidly encroaching existential threat.

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 04:10 PM
Agreed :top marks Agree and this is just pandering to falsehoods which have been scientifically debunked, As bad as the Commie sitting in charge in Holyrood ,and panderer

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 04:12 PM
What on earth do environmental scientists have to gain from 'convenient tax generation?'

Honestly, climate change deniers are as bad as flat earthers.

Very important initiative from Hibs and I'm glad to see my club taking a proactive stance in the safeguarding of our planet.

Climate change is a very real and rapidly encroaching existential threat.

As bad as the fools who fall for this false crap and then try telling those awake they are wrong, just one of many proofs out there ... Michael Mann, creator of the infamous global warming ‘hockey stick,’ loses lawsuit against climate skeptic, ordered to pay defendant’s costs (https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/michael_mann_creator_of_the_infamous_global_warmin g_hockey_stick_loses_lawsuit_against_climate_skept ic_ordered_to_pay_defendants_costs.html)

Pretty Boy
20-02-2020, 04:16 PM

I don't eat meat. I'm more likely to buy food at the ground now than I would otherwise have been. Win win really.

Lendo
20-02-2020, 04:17 PM

I assume the 99% of scientists that agree climate change exists and is being accelerated by humans can use There, Their and They’re correctly.

I’ll trust THEIR opinions over a Daily Mail reader.

jacomo
20-02-2020, 04:20 PM
Probably not in the right spirit, but you have to imagine this kind of thing will help us get sponsorship etc.

From the website that is clearly a goal.

Lendo
20-02-2020, 04:21 PM
As bad as the fools who fall for this false crap and then try telling those awake they are wrong, just one of many proofs out there ... Michael Mann, creator of the infamous global warming ‘hockey stick,’ loses lawsuit against climate skeptic, ordered to pay defendant’s costs (https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/michael_mann_creator_of_the_infamous_global_warmin g_hockey_stick_loses_lawsuit_against_climate_skept ic_ordered_to_pay_defendants_costs.html)

American Thinker......... well I’m convinced. This Conservative conspiracy theory website looks to be trustworthy.

hibbyfraelibby
20-02-2020, 04:21 PM
Considering your username, I'm surprised you are not more tuned to the environment. FWIW Beavers are not fish nor do they eat fish.

...but the only kind of beavers he knows are a bit fishy to be fair😝😝😝

CMurdoch
20-02-2020, 04:24 PM
...but the only kind of beavers he knows are a bit fishy to be fair😝😝😝

:faf::hnet:

jacomo
20-02-2020, 04:25 PM

Your personal opinion is scientifically ignorant.

Quite terrifying to see the number of climate change sceptics on here. Did you all not bother with school or what?

Haymaker
20-02-2020, 04:26 PM
Any sign of a statement from Ibrox on going green?

I actually look forward to seeing how they phrase it.

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 04:27 PM
I assume the 99% of scientists that agree climate change exists and is being accelerated by humans can use There, Their and They’re correctly.

I’ll trust THEIR opinions over a Daily Mail reader.

Actually that's another falsehood , 99% of scientists dont agree on climate change, when that study was done no real scientists were asked , how convenient eh
Michael Mann, creator of the infamous global warming ‘hockey stick,’ loses lawsuit against climate skeptic, ordered to pay defendant’s costs (https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/michael_mann_creator_of_the_infamous_global_warmin g_hockey_stick_loses_lawsuit_against_climate_skept ic_ordered_to_pay_defendants_costs.html)

Hibbyradge
20-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Actually that's another falsehood , 99% of scientists dont agree on climate change, when that study was done no real scientists were asked , how convenient eh
Michael Mann, creator of the infamous global warming ‘hockey stick,’ loses lawsuit against climate skeptic, ordered to pay defendant’s costs (https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/michael_mann_creator_of_the_infamous_global_warmin g_hockey_stick_loses_lawsuit_against_climate_skept ic_ordered_to_pay_defendants_costs.html)

You're choosing to believe one American right wing site over the countless articles and research done by people who have come to the entirely opposite conclusion.

Can I ask you why?

Vault Boy
20-02-2020, 04:30 PM

Your source - an online magazine about right-wing American politics, detailing some lawsuit.

Sources for reasonable people:

NASA (https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/) - Literally ****ing NASA.

Carbon Brief (https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-why-scientists-think-100-of-global-warming-is-due-to-humans) - Publication run by climate experts, fully qualified scientists.

National Geographic (https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/environment-and-conservation/2020/01/weather-shows-evidence-climate-change-every-single-day-2012) - A world leading platform.

Ministry for the Environment (https://www.mfe.govt.nz/climate-change/why-climate-change-matters/evidence-climate-change) - Body of the Government of New Zealand.

Royal Society (https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/) - National charter for the academy of sciences.

I could go on, but there's no point. Don't try to reason with these people as they will just link you to uncited blog posts then call you sheeple when you present them with irrefutable evidence of how wrong they are. I work with environmental scientists and have mixed with Env students for many years. Their work is vital, consistently proven and verifiable by peer review. Stop undermining the intelligence of those around you by thinking spouting such ***** will garner any genuine interest.

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 04:32 PM
Your personal opinion is scientifically ignorant.

Quite terrifying to see the number of climate change sceptics on here. Did you all not bother with school or what?

lol that statement in itself disqualifies your premise, education re-the world as a whole has been a crock of sh** you know what , or let me guess because ITV or Sky or Wee krankie has told you climate change is real it must be true ??Another sheep that's fell for the lies, try this for only 1 article de bunking climate hoax

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2020, 04:34 PM
Imagine, it is the year 2130,114 years since Hibs last won the Scottish Cup and the day of the final approaches with the sun baking the grass to a crisp and Hibs v The The The The The Rangers is about to kick off. A sudden downpour of biblical proportion turns the brick hard ground to a lake. All because people didn't believe that they had to stop using plastic and recycling was for hippies.

Kato
20-02-2020, 04:35 PM
Your source - an online magazine about right-wing American politics, detailing some lawsuit.

Carbon Brief (https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-why-scientists-think-100-of-global-warming-is-due-to-humans) - Publication run by climate experts, fully qualified scientists.

National Geographic (https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/environment-and-conservation/2020/01/weather-shows-evidence-climate-change-every-single-day-2012) - A world leading platform.

Ministry for the Environment (https://www.mfe.govt.nz/climate-change/why-climate-change-matters/evidence-climate-change) - Body of the Government of New Zealand.

Royal Society (https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/) - National charter for the academy of sciences.

I could go on, but there's no point. Don't try to reason with these people as they will just link you to uncited blog posts then call you sheeple when you present them with irrefutable evidence of how wrong they are. I work with environmental scientists and have mixed with Env students for many years. Their work is vital, consistently proven and verifiable by peer review. Stop undermining the intelligence of those around you by thinking spouting such ***** will garner any genuine interest.Reactionaries gonna reaction.

Peevemor
20-02-2020, 04:36 PM
It's not just about climate change, it's about the environment in general. Our environment, ie. where we live as well as elsewhere.

Part of it is the amount of plastic packaging that we go through. We simply must reduce how much we produce, use and chuck away. This isn't a concept /theory like climate change.

We've all seen photos of beaches covered in man made waste that's been washed up. We've all seen photos of dolphins, fish, birds with their stomachs full of plastic. We've all seen the mountains of plastic dumped in Asia by Western freighters. These things are real and are happening now.

We're turning the world into a midden and I know I'm partly to blame.

Sadly some people think that it doesn't concern them. Personally I think we all have to change our ideas. We can all do better without too much effort and if Hibs want to encourage better habits when fans visit ER then I'm 100% for it.

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 04:37 PM

I could go on, but there's no point. Don't try to reason with these people as they will just link you to uncited blog posts then call you sheeple when you present them with irrefutable evidence of how wrong they are. I work with environmental scientists and have mixed with Env students for many years. Their work is vital, consistently proven and verifiable by peer review. Stop undermining the intelligence of those around you by thinking spouting such ***** will garner any genuine interest.

the very fact that you debunk an article which can be cross referred, by quoting others that have their very own hands in the Hoax pot helping themselves to Millions of poor tax payers hard earned on a complete and utter hoax is laughable beyond contempt , yeah but remember we only have 10 years , can i remind you Al Gore the biggest hoaxer said that by the year 2000 the ice caps would all be melted and coasts under water..... can you notice the flaw in his prediction?? as i said Climate Hoax

KingPat4
20-02-2020, 04:38 PM
I actually look forward to seeing how they phrase it.

They'll point to the pitch and say that's as far as it goes.

PH91
20-02-2020, 04:39 PM
Imagine, it is the year 2130,114 years since Hibs last won the Scottish Cup and the day of the final approaches with the sun baking the grass to a crisp and Hibs v The The The The The Rangers is about to kick off. A sudden downpour of biblical proportion turns the brick hard ground to a lake. All because people didn't believe that they had to stop using plastic and recycling was for hippies.

*110 years

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2020, 04:41 PM
lol that statement in itself disqualifies your premise, education re-the world as a whole has been a crock of sh** you know what , or let me guess because ITV or Sky or Wee krankie has told you climate change is real it must be true ??Another sheep that's fell for the lies, try this for only 1 article de bunking climate hoax

https://www.campaigncc.org/climate_change/sceptics/hall_of_shame

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 04:43 PM
*110 years

I agree recycling is very important as is looking after our planet , but to try scare people with Climate change hoax is the wrong way to do it.

Vault Boy
20-02-2020, 04:43 PM
the very fact that you debunk an article which can be cross referred, by quoting others that have their very own hands in the Hoax pot helping themselves to Millions of poor tax payers hard earned on a complete and utter hoax is laughable beyond contempt , yeah but remember we only have 10 years , can i remind you Al Gore the biggest hoaxer said that by the year 2000 the ice caps would all be melted and coasts under water..... can you notice the flaw in his prediction?? as i said Climate Hoax

This is why they're too ignorant to argue with. Present them any, ANY evidence that refutes their world view and it's all part of a global conspiracy. The scientific basis for man-made climate change has been irrefutably proven. You stay comfortable in your tin foil hat, reading your articles about the great virtues of libertarianism and the fraudulence of the moon landing.

I'll stick to reality.

Bishop Hibee
20-02-2020, 04:44 PM
Brilliant from Hibernian. I’m 100% behind this. It’s great to support a forward thinking club on and off the field.

Vault Boy
20-02-2020, 04:45 PM
Brilliant from Hibernian. I’m 100% behind this. It’s great to support a forward thinking club on and off the field.

Spot on. Simple as that. :agree:

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2020, 04:46 PM
*110 years

2016 + 114 = 2130

Borderlands
https://www.campaigncc.org/climate_change/sceptics/hall_of_shame

A hall of shame , when you believe everything the "Tel a lie vision" punts into your brain, its not called programming for nothing you know, however the truth is slowly seeping out to the sleeping and you will soon know the truth and boy will you be pissed

KingPat4
Global warming and climate change is a hoax.

9/11 was an inside job.

The moon landing was staged and filmed at Hollywood.

Princess Diana was murdered on the orders of the Duke of Edinburgh.

The Holocaust never happened, complete fabrication.

Eisenhower knew the Japanese were gping to attack Pearl Harbor and did nothing.

Marilyn Monroe was murdered by the FBI.

Chick Young is a St Mirren fan.

Have I missed anything?

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2020, 04:48 PM
A hall of shame , when you believe everything the "Tel a lie vision" punts into your brain, its not called programming for nothing you know, however the truth is slowly seeping out to the sleeping and you will soon know the truth and boy will you be pissed

So says the guy who denies the evidence in front of their own eyes.

Lendo
20-02-2020, 04:48 PM

Three times you’ve posted this fake news conspiracy theory article. It doesn’t become less of a lie the more you post it.

Peevemor
20-02-2020, 04:49 PM

9/11 was an inside job.

Have I missed anything?James Keatings dived.

Moulin Yarns
20-02-2020, 04:49 PM

9/11 was an inside job.

Have I missed anything?

Borderlands is telling the truth? 🤔

snedzuk
20-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Virtue signalling pish. The UK already has 1% of global emissions and falling whilst others do this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/climate/japan-coal-***ushima.html

Also, the 10 rivers that carry 93 percent of plastic river trash are the Yangtze, Yellow, Hai, Pearl, Amur, Mekong, Indus and Ganges Delta in Asia, and the Niger and Nile in Africa. The Yangtze alone dumps up to an estimated 1.5 million metric tons of plastic waste into the Yellow Sea. The Forth is not amongst them.

Sensible management Im all in favour of so cut down on packaging etc is all fine, but don’t lets pretend this is going to keep Greta happy.

Malthibby
20-02-2020, 04:50 PM
It's not just about climate change, it's about the environment in general. Our environment, ie. where we live as well as elsewhere.

Part of it is the amount of plastic packaging that we go through. We simply must reduce how much we produce, use and chuck away. This isn't a concept /theory like climate change.

We've all seen photos of beaches covered in man made waste that's been washed up. We've all seen photos of dolphins, fish, birds with their stomachs full of plastic. We've all seen the mountains of plastic dumped in Asia by Western freighters. These things are real and are happening now.

We're turning the world into a midden and I know I'm partly to blame.

Sadly some people think that it doesn't concern them. Personally I think we all have to change our ideas. We can all do better without too much effort and if Hibs want to encourage better habits when fans visit ER then I'm 100% for it.

Yup, utterly gobsmacked at some of the comments on here. The idea that everything's okay & it's not our (individual & collective) problem is beyond irresponsible.
Donald Trump is a denier; would have thought that was proof positive that things are in a very bad way.

KingPat4
20-02-2020, 04:52 PM

And what is the truth?

barcahibs
20-02-2020, 04:53 PM
Brilliant move by the club, exactly the sort of community and social role I'd love to see us getting more involved in.

I stood in in a car park outside Glasgow last week and listened to a Nuthatch (a type of wee bird) calling from some nearby trees. Not a particularly exciting or interesting thing really - unless you are aware that 10 years ago you didn't really get Nuthatches in Central Scotland - and 20 years ago you didn't really get Nuthatches in Scotland at all. You can hear them all across the Central Belt now and they've been seen in the Highlands and in Argyll in the last couple of years.

Go a walk through any park in Edinburgh this Summer and you'll see some Tree Bumblebees. Beautiful wee animals, but again not that interesting - except for the fact that Tree Bumblebees only arrived in Scotland about five years ago - and were only first seen in the south of England twenty years ago after traveling north (without visas!) from Europe.

Just a couple of examples. These species - and many more like them - are steadily moving north due to climate change. A simple walk in the park is all you need to see it with your own eyes.

Just today I saw the Sun. In Scotland. In February. You can't tell me that's not strange.

Having tried a Greggs vegan steak bake (how have they made something vegan taste like off cheese?) I'll stick to the real steak pies and their mysterious meats of mixed origin filling - but nothing wrong with choice for those that want it.

Hibbyradge
Virtue signalling pish. The UK already has 1% of global emissions and falling whilst others do this.

Also, the 10 rivers that carry 93 percent of plastic river trash are the Yangtze, Yellow, Hai, Pearl, Amur, Mekong, Indus and Ganges Delta in Asia, and the Niger and Nile in Africa. The Yangtze alone dumps up to an estimated 1.5 million metric tons of plastic waste into the Yellow Sea. The Forth is not amongst them.

Sensible management Im all in favour of so cut down on packaging etc is all fine, but don’t lets pretend this is going to keep Greta happy.

Do you think Hibs should stop this initiative?

Borderlands
This is why they're too ignorant to argue with. Present them any, ANY evidence that refutes their world view and it's all part of a global conspiracy. The scientific basis for man-made climate change has been irrefutably proven. You stay comfortable in your tin foil hat, reading your articles about the great virtues of libertarianism and the fraudulence of the moon landing.

I'll stick to reality.

Think about who is convincing you that all this is true , go to their sites and see how connected they are to the pots of money and the elites you are paying them, hell if someone gave me millions of free money i would say what ever they wanted me to say .... can you see they are all money grabbing liars that lie to order for Money, but you live in your bubble and when it breaks we will be here to help and I'm conservative not libertarian. also a realist and awake

Moulin Yarns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51567635

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 04:56 PM
Yup, utterly gobsmacked at some of the comments on here. The idea that everything's okay & it's not our (individual & collective) problem is beyond irresponsible.
Donald Trump is a denier; would have thought that was proof positive that things are in a very bad way.

Let me guess you think the EU is wonderful and Brexit will not last ? Trump is not a denier , tell me where any article is of him quoting such rubbish please

scooby
20-02-2020, 04:57 PM

NASA - Hahaha, next you'll be telling us that they put a man on the moon 😂😂😂

CMurdoch

You do have previous for gullibility.
A year ago when Lennon was suspended you posted that Hibs would get relegated if the suspension wasn't temporary :faf:

Hibbyradge
The Australian bush fires were a hoax.

(Even if I saw them for myself.)

Lendo
20-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Let me guess you think the EU is wonderful and Brexit will not last ? Trump is not a denier , tell me where any article is of him quoting such rubbish please

“The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive”

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP

chrisski33
20-02-2020, 05:00 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

Lendo
20-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

Yep. These are people that will shout at the TV about Red Nose Day money being sent to them foreigns and will mutter stuff about “looking after our own first”

MyJo

It was a defamation case after he was accused of being involved in a conspiracy and he didn't lose the lawsuit.

It was dismissed without the defamation claims being judged because it had been delayed for so long. He was ordered to pay the defendant's costs because he was deemed to be the one responsible for the delay leading to dismissal of the case.

It's not like a judge has said the climate sceptic was right and climate change is a hoax as that(clearly impartial and balanced)publication suggests.

Hibbyradge

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee - I'm in Los Angeles and it's freezing. Global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!

3:13 PM - Dec 6, 2013

Lots more here. Fill your boots.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/12/trump-climate-timeline/

Kato
20-02-2020, 05:03 PM

Sensible management Im all in favour of so cut down on packaging etc is all fine, but don’t lets pretend this is going to keep Greta happy.You can't keep Greta happy, you can only avoid making her sad.

KingPat4
20-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Quite possibly the most bizzare thread I have ever seen in 20 years of Hibs.net.

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 05:04 PM
“The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive”

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP

I asked for the article of him Quoting not a line that anyone could have typed

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 05:05 PM

I agree,well said

Lendo
20-02-2020, 05:06 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/265895292191248385?lang=en

So is his own personal Twitter not proof enough?

Jack Hackett
20-02-2020, 05:06 PM

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/19122019/trump-climate-policy-record-rollback-fossil-energy-history-candidate-profile

"When U.S. government scientists released their latest volume of the National Climate Assessment (https://science2017.globalchange.gov/), it revealed much about the robust, sobering scientific consensus on climate change. It also revealed the striking disconnect between President Donald Trump and essentially every authoritative institution on the threat of global warming. The president rejected the assessment's central findings—based on thousands of climate studies and involving 13 federal agencies—that emissions of carbon dioxide are caused by human activities, are already causing lasting economic damage, and have to be brought rapidly to zero."I don't believe it. No, no, I don't believe it," Trump said. Immediately, his cabinet members launched attacks on the report (https://insideclimatenews.org/news/30112018/fact-check-trump-climate-science-denial-national-assessment-sanders-global-warming), portraying it as "alarmist" and clinging to Trump's agenda of fossil fuel energy expansion that the science says is at the root of the problem."

KingPat4
20-02-2020, 05:07 PM
The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe, you know.

Borderlands
20-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee - I'm in Los Angeles and it's freezing. Global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!

3:13 PM - Dec 6, 2013

Lots more here. Fill your boots.

https://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/12/trump-climate-timeline/

So yes he is awake to the whole hoax ,Good , and Mother Jones site is a left wing parody site , not to be trusted , so you fill your boots, just watch Boris will be announcing some home truths re climate hoax soon, but wee krankie believes it so it must be true

Hibbyradge
20-02-2020, 05:12 PM
So yes he is awake to the whole hoax ,Good , and Mother Jones site is a left wing parody site , not to be trusted , so you fill your boots, just watch Boris will be announcing some home truths re climate hoax soon, but wee krankie believes it so it must be true

So you were wrong about him not being a denier.

Are you suggesting that Mother Jones has fabricated those tweet? Or can I trust them that far?

I don't live in Scotland.

bigwheel
20-02-2020, 05:13 PM

How sad that rather than support a healthy club initiative, you drag it down into politics and name calling ....

Delighted the club is taking some accountability...we can only do what we can ....

Some further Hibs innovation - in line with our heritage ...

Vault Boy
20-02-2020, 05:15 PM
I think that'll do. The Holy Ground is available to debate politics or indeed anything not related to football. Thanks.