PDA

View Full Version : What makes a Hibs club legend and who are yours?

FilipinoHibs
19-02-2020, 09:24 AM
Mine are from my 50 years following Hibs:
Stanton
McNamara
Weir
Wright
Sauzee
Latapy
Riordan
2016 Cup winning squad.

Killiehibbie
19-02-2020, 09:37 AM
Stokes gets it for cup final performance. If only he could've imagined every opposition being huns.

Since452
19-02-2020, 09:50 AM
In my time watching Hibs

Wright
McGinley
Weir
Latapy
Sauzee
Stokes
Gray
McGinn

I'd only brand a small bunch in the legend bracket. Strangely the only two on that list that didn't wear silverware were arguably the two that made the biggest impact on me.

fishybeaver
19-02-2020, 09:53 AM
Lewis has to be a club legend given he's the only player that has the two cups and hundreds off appearances.
Legend is a phrase used to often imo

makaveli1875
19-02-2020, 09:54 AM
What makes a legend ?

Turning up to a semi final 5 stone overweight having not played in almost 2 years , make save after save to get us to extra time and penalties then save 2 in the shootout

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2020, 09:55 AM
In my time watching Hibs

Wright
McGinley
Weir
Latapy
Sauzee
Stokes
Gray
McGinn

I'd only brand a small bunch in the legend bracket. Strangely the only two on that list that didn't wear silverware were arguably the two that made the biggest impact on me.

No Lewis or Hanlon?

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Lewis has to be a club legend given he's the only player that has the two cups and hundreds off appearances.

He is actually the definition. He could be argued as the biggest legend tbh. What he has achieved here is unparalleled.

jacomo
19-02-2020, 10:01 AM
I prefer referring to the 2016 Cup winners as heroes, as per the banner. It was their time.

Some of them are also legends... I would Lewis for his loyalty and double medals, and SJM for his quality and attitude.

Since452
19-02-2020, 10:06 AM
No Lewis or Hanlon?

Just my opinion. I've got Latapy and Sauzee who never won anything. Not basing it on just trophys.

Hibeesmad
19-02-2020, 10:09 AM
David Gray will probably be one of the greatest legends this club will ever have.

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 10:11 AM
What makes a legend ?

Turning up to a semi final 5 stone overweight having not played in almost 2 years , make save after save to get us to extra time and penalties then save 2 in the shootout

Is of course the correct answer :greengrin

supermcginn
19-02-2020, 10:19 AM
In my time watching Hibs

Wright
McGinley
Weir
Latapy
Sauzee
Stokes
Gray
McGinn

I have to say my list would be pretty much exactly the same, with sauzee easily my favourite.

Onion
19-02-2020, 10:22 AM
Only saw him for short spell in 1971, but what about joe baker ?

Never forget what he did for Hibs during the Mercer fiasco and coming to ER and kissing the turf ! He was quite a decent player as well.

Being a good player is not enough. You need to be that AND have an clear affinity with the club and rapport with the fans. Stanton sets the bar. Sauzee nearly made it, but IMO his lack interest in Hibs after he was sacked disqualifies him. Yes, he didn’t get on with Petrie, but there no need for him to treat the fans with disdain for so many years. Latas, again a superb player, but hasn’t done a thing for Hibs in years.

Speedway
19-02-2020, 10:30 AM
Legend is someone or something talked about in hallowed terms, passed down through generations.

In which case, there's only one.

Alen Orman

Barman Stanton
19-02-2020, 10:34 AM
In my time watching Hibs

Wright
McGinley
Weir
Latapy
Sauzee
Stokes
Gray
McGinn

I pretty much agree with this but would have to include Lewis there. 2 cup wins and 7th most appearances ever for Hibs. He is of course a Hibs legend.

sleeping giant
19-02-2020, 10:41 AM
Sir David.
Lewis Stevenson .
Anthony Stokes.
Keith Wright.

SideBurns
19-02-2020, 10:44 AM
Just my opinion. I've got Latapy and Sauzee who never won anything. Not basing it on just trophys.

Latapy & Sauzee did win the Championship. I know it was a league we shouldn't have been in, but they played a huge part in us winning it nevertheless. Pity they didn't win a major trophy though - that team probably deserved something for the fitba they played, were just unlucky to be up against a very strong Celtic (and, to a lesser extent, Rangers).

jonny
19-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Surely the members of the famous five make the grade.

ABZHFC
19-02-2020, 11:11 AM
Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull, Ormond, Joe Baker, Pat Stanton and David Gray.

That's the definitive list, for me

ABZHFC
19-02-2020, 11:13 AM
The likes of Stevenson and Hanlon are absolutely club icons, but I wouldn't say club legends. Still love them both to bits, mind. Likewise Latapy and Sauzée

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2020, 11:15 AM

I mean, if it isn't just trophies why are Gray and Stokes there? Mental imo. Lewis is a Hibs legend by every metric.

ABZHFC
19-02-2020, 11:17 AM
I mean, if it isn't just trophies why are Gray and Stokes there? Mental imo. Lewis is a Hibs legend by every metric.

For me, impact is a big part of it. He has been a consistently good-to-average player for us, and his commitment cannot be questioned, but he is a reliable, hard-working type, not a game-changing match-winner. I highly doubt he'll be thought of in 60 years time the way the Famous Five are thought of now, personally

Carheenlea
19-02-2020, 11:18 AM
The likes of Stevenson and Hanlon are absolutely club icons, but I wouldn't say club legends. Still love them both to bits, mind. Likewise Latapy and Sauzée

Suppose it comes down to how you differentiate between a legend and an icon. You could throw in cult hero as well.

Probably no real answer to it, and if a player is a legend to you in your eyes then who is anyone to argue.

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2020, 11:20 AM
For me, impact is a big part of it. He has been a consistently good-to-average player for us, and his commitment cannot be questioned, but he is a reliable, hard-working type, not a game-changing match-winner. I highly doubt he'll be thought of in 60 years time the way the Famous Five are thought of now, personally

Stokes FFS, instead of Lewis. Come on.

14 years, both cups (famous five never done that), here through good times and bad, a brilliant player on his day.

Thankfully the club will make sure he is remembered and spoken about in 60 years.

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 11:21 AM
David Gray will probably be one of the greatest legends this club will ever have.

As will Stokes 😉

Since452
19-02-2020, 11:24 AM

That's your opinion you're entitled to it. I think supporting two teams is mental. Each to their own.

hibstag
19-02-2020, 11:28 AM
What makes a legend ?

He is more of a cult hero, a bit like Jimmy Boco

does anyone remember the wee slot this topic used to get on football focus each week
I think Franck Sauzee was one of ours

legends are Pat Stanton, All of the five, Lewis Stevenson and David Gray will become these when they retire. players who overall contribution to eras of the club are unsurpassed fit this bill

makaveli1875
19-02-2020, 11:32 AM
He is more of a cult hero, a bit like Jimmy Boco

does anyone remember the wee slot this topic used to get on football focus each week
I think Franck Sauzee was one of ours

legends are Pat Stanton, All of the five, Lewis Stevenson and David Gray will become these when they retire. players who overall contribution to eras of the club are unsurpassed fit this bill

Agree with the above , no place for McGinn though ?

Greenbeard
19-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Best is the most "legendous" player ever to play for Hibs, but is he a Hibs legend? I'd suggest not.
Factors: Loyalty, term of service, ability, achievements, off-the-park commitment to Hibs, not being an R Sole (hence Stokes is a hero, not a legend).
Weighting could be argued until the cows come home.

sean04
Legend is someone you will speak about 30/40/50 years time. Tell your grandkids about

GoalsMcGinley
In my time watching Hibs

91 cup winning team. Every single one of them.
Sauzee
07 cup winning team
16 cup winning team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
19-02-2020, 11:38 AM
In my time watching Hibs

91 cup winning team. Every single one of them.
Sauzee

Dave Beaumont?

07 cup winning team

Kevin McCann?

16 cup winning team

Chris Dagnall?

Killiehibbie
19-02-2020, 11:43 AM
Solid and mostly dependable bit all these years later hasn't even managed to learn how to cross a ball.

Bangkok Hibby
19-02-2020, 12:27 PM
Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull, Ormond, Joe Baker, Pat Stanton and David Gray.

Yes! I've just started reading this thread and that's exactly what I was going to write. Loads of great players and heroes over the years, but legends are as above 👍🏻

CLASS OF 72 -73
19-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Based on its meaning

Famous 5 - Best Scottish if not British forward line of their time
Joe Baker - Goal machine
Pat Stanton - Mr Hibs
2016 Scottish cup winners - enough said

Peevemor
19-02-2020, 12:35 PM
Legend isn't a word I use as freely as others and would seem to become a lot more common soince I left Edinburgh 16 years ago.

For me it's a question of longevity. Most of us never seen the famous 5 playing but accept their legendary status.

Then there's the Tornadoes who were split up 45+ years ago. Arthur Duncan (who was at Hibs well into the 80s) will be seen as a legend by some but there are probably 20 year old fans who would struggle to pick him out in a photo.

If Hibs win the Scottish cup another 2-3 times in the next 20 years, will we still think of James Keatings as a legend? Do we now?

It's a pretty personal thing and not really worth arguing over IMO.

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2020, 12:39 PM
Patrick Gordon Stanton

hibbyfraelibby
19-02-2020, 12:39 PM
The Legends

Smith
Johnstone
Ormond
Reilly
Turnbull
Baker
Stanton
Stevenson
Stokes
Gray
Logan

There are many other who I'd describe as "memorable" including Sauzee, Latapy, Rough, Simpson, Sproule etc

EdinMike
19-02-2020, 12:53 PM
Of my 30 odd supporting. Lewis. That’s all.

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 12:59 PM
Of my 30 odd supporting. Lewis. That’s all.

Good afternoon Mrs Stevenson. Thank you for popping out Lewis for us all :agree:

cmcd
19-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Legend is someone you will speak about 30/40/50 years time. Tell your grandkids about

There was more to the famous 5 than just the forward line .The same with the Tornadoes.For me the Legends are both these teams plus Joe Baker Jackie Macnamara and the 2016 boys

H18S NX
19-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Willie Hamilton,Joe Baker.

Kato
19-02-2020, 02:06 PM

EdinMike
19-02-2020, 02:09 PM
Good afternoon Mrs Stevenson. Thank you for popping out Lewis for us all :agree:

As much as I’d love to be Lewis’ hubby. Paco Luna was always up there !

Centre Hawf
19-02-2020, 02:12 PM
Lewis Stevenson is a legend for what he's achieved at the club and the time he's served. He's also a fantastic role model for the work ethic shown especially when he has been written off on numerous occasions throughout his career.

Brightside
19-02-2020, 02:32 PM
Stokes before Hanlon is just daft.

MrRobot
19-02-2020, 02:41 PM

Double cup winner is absolutely a legend.

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Stokes before Hanlon is just daft.

You’re on the wind up I see :greengrin

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 02:44 PM
As much as I’d love to be Lewis’ hubby. Paco Luna was always up there !

Fine choice of words there 😂😂

ABZHFC
19-02-2020, 02:44 PM
Stokes FFS, instead of Lewis. Come on.

14 years, both cups (famous five never done that), here through good times and bad, a brilliant player on his day.

Thankfully the club will make sure he is remembered and spoken about in 60 years.

I'm not saying Stokes is a club legend? And as for the both cups stuff, while I agree it is noteworthy achievement, had we not conceded a late winner to County, the likes of Chris Dagnall would also supersede the Famous Five in that regard.

I certainly will remember Stevenson in years to come, he's been a fantastic servant of the club and he'll always be welcome at Easter Road. But equally, I will never be as star-struck seeing him in the street as I was when I sat next to Lawrie Reilly at a game once (in spite of the fact I never saw Reilly play).

Yorkshire HFC
19-02-2020, 02:47 PM
Ally McLeod.

I haven’t put anyone on a pedestal since I was 16. :-)

Kato
19-02-2020, 02:47 PM
I'm not saying Stokes is a club legend? And as for the both cups stuff, while I agree it is noteworthy achievement, had we not conceded a late winner to County, the likes of Chris Dagnall would also supersede the Famous Five in that regard.

I certainly will remember Stevenson in years to come, he's been a fantastic servant of the club and he'll always be welcome at Easter Road. But equally, I will never be as star-struck seeing him in the street as I was when I sat next to Lawrie Reilly at a game once (in spite of the fact I never saw Reilly play).Did the Famous Five win nothing?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

mjh
19-02-2020, 02:48 PM

That'll do for me

ABZHFC
19-02-2020, 02:52 PM
Did the Famous Five win nothing?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

"In that regard" meaning the 'both cups' line that people throw out. My point is that it's somewhat spurious because the likes of Mark Oxley and Chris Dagnall could easily have fallen into that category had we had a bit more luck against County in that final.

And my point is exactly yours, the Famous Five were part of our greatest ever squad, they helped us to win 3 titles in 5 years, something we will never achieve again. I accept maybe Stevenson is a victim of circumstance, considering he's also played in a lot of poor Hibs seasons (and has, at times, been unfairly scapegoated by some), but for me, in 50 years time, the names I wrote earlier on this thread will be generally regarded as our all-time legends

Kato
19-02-2020, 03:17 PM
"In that regard" meaning the 'both cups' line that people throw out. My point is that it's somewhat spurious because the likes of Mark Oxley and Chris Dagnall could easily have fallen into that category had we had a bit more luck against County in that final.

And my point is exactly yours, the Famous Five were part of our greatest ever squad, they helped us to win 3 titles in 5 years, something we will never achieve again. I accept maybe Stevenson is a victim of circumstance, considering he's also played in a lot of poor Hibs seasons (and has, at times, been unfairly scapegoated by some), but for me, in 50 years time, the names I wrote earlier on this thread will be generally regarded as our all-time legends

Fair enough. Time will tell. :aok:

delbert
19-02-2020, 03:20 PM

Pat Stanton, and that’s quite enough !

Tomsk
19-02-2020, 03:23 PM

You think Bobby Combe's a legend?

truehibernian
19-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Ally McLeod.

I haven’t put anyone on a pedestal since I was 16. :-)

:clapper:

Made a wee pot belly and loads of talent sexy :greengrin:aok:

Ally, John McMaster, and Davie Cooper were my legends growing up (and the obligatory King Kenny)

Mind, having watched him and met him, Mickey Weir is a legend of mine - every time he got the ball the crowd got on their feet. Cracking player, great wee guy too.

Brightside
19-02-2020, 03:27 PM
You’re on the wind up I see :greengrin

Certainly not. Stokes did some great things a hand full of times. A Legend? **** me Disney would have 30 films out a year if thats a legend.

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 03:27 PM
Pat Stanton, and that’s quite enough !

You won’t talk about Anthony Stokes and his one man mission to win us the Scottish Cup? The legend of Conrad Logan? Lewis Stevenson being the only Hibee ever to have two different cup winner medals?

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 03:32 PM
Certainly not. Stokes did some great things a hand full of times. A Legend? **** me Disney would have 30 films out a year if thats a legend.

Fair enough, all I ever wanted was to see Hibernian win the Scottish Cup, at first I didn’t, I thought it would be easy (first semi was the 2-1 Aberdeen game) then I thought we would beat Celtic (0-3) years and years of Semi losses and ***** I resigned myself to the fact it was never going to happen even in any final, I thought we scored too early in the final against Rangers. Stokes and his legendary performance won us the cup mainly. Without Stokes that day there’s no Scottish Cup.

If the two goal man of the match in the greatest game in history isn’t a legend then fair enough for others. That guy woke up on May 21st like a Greek God.

Kato
19-02-2020, 03:48 PM
You think Bobby Combe's a legend?

Ooops, then again why not? He won more trophies with Hibs than Louis Stevenson.

Leith born and bred and was "one of our own".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Combe

Despite operating largely in the shadows of the "Five", Combe enjoyed a long and successful career. He won League winners medals in 1948, 1951 and 1952.

Tomsk
19-02-2020, 03:57 PM
Ooops, then again why not? He won more trophies with Hibs than Louis Stevenson.

Leith born and bred and was "one of our own".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Combe

Despite operating largely in the shadows of the "Five", Combe enjoyed a long and successful career. He won League winners medals in 1948, 1951 and 1952.

Canny argue with any of that. :greengrin

The Count
19-02-2020, 04:04 PM
2016 was it for us.So to me all players in that squad are legends in my eyes.Will not see it but wait until say 25th Anniversary Dinner.How many do you think will want to go.It will be Thousands!!! That's what legends are all about.

Potty78
19-02-2020, 04:04 PM
Fair enough, all I ever wanted was to see Hibernian win the Scottish Cup, at first I didn’t, I thought it would be easy (first semi was the 2-1 Aberdeen game) then I thought we would beat Celtic (0-3) years and years of Semi losses and ***** I resigned myself to the fact it was never going to happen even in any final, I thought we scored too early in the final against Rangers. Stokes and his legendary performance won us the cup mainly. Without Stokes that day there’s no Scottish Cup.

If the two goal man of the match in the greatest game in history isn’t a legend then fair enough for others. That guy woke up on May 21st like a Greek God.

Unreal how a guy who scored two goals in a scottish cup final that we won for the first time in 114 years cant be called a legend? Out of interest underscore who's your legends?

supermcginn
19-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Unreal how a guy who scored two goals in a scottish cup final that we won for the first time in 114 years cant be called a legend? Out of interest underscore who's your legends?
Exactly, absolutely unbelievable! Stokes was incredible and without him we would have been pumped, not to mention his performance against inverness to help us get that far. Total and utter legend - fact!

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Solid and mostly dependable bit all these years later hasn't even managed to learn how to cross a ball.

Except those 2 assists Vs Raith in the game that started it all. Immortal player. Club legend without doubt.

B.H.F.C
19-02-2020, 04:54 PM

Hibs qualified for Europe, through their league position, twice in the last decade. He contributed both times

In his loan stint we won the Scottish Cup..

Basically, he achieved quite a lot in 94 games for Hibs, contributing a lot more than a handful of times.

Forgetting some of that, he gave the best performance on the best day in our history. For that alone he is an absolute legend.

Weststandwanab
19-02-2020, 04:59 PM

I agree on both counts.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2020, 05:05 PM

Obviously the definition of a legend is very subjective so you're entitled to your opinion but I do find it a bit strange that two members of the Scottish Cup winning team aren't considered legends. They have over 900 appearances between them and Stevenson is likely to be fifth on the club's all time appearance list by the end of this season with Hanlon not far behind him.

If you add the fact that Stevenson is the only player to have won both domestic trophies with the club then I do find it rather surprising that anyone does not consider both of them to be legends.

I'd also challenge a point made in a different post that Lewis Stevenson won't be spoken about in 60 years. I obviously can't see into the future but I would be surprised if that was the case, given the above.

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2020, 05:30 PM

I thought it was just GOD! 😁

MWHIBBIES
19-02-2020, 06:41 PM
Obviously the definition of a legend is very subjective so you're entitled to your opinion but I do find it a bit strange that two members of the Scottish Cup winning team aren't considered legends. They have over 900 appearances between them and Stevenson is likely to be fifth on the club's all time appearance list by the end of this season with Hanlon not far behind him.

If you add the fact that Stevenson is the only player to have won both domestic trophies with the club then I do find it rather surprising that anyone does not consider both of them to be legends.

I'd also challenge a point made in a different post that Lewis Stevenson won't be spoken about in 60 years. I obviously can't see into the future but I would be surprised if that was the case, given the above.

It's actually mental folk think he isn't a legend. If he isn't then none of the 2016 squad are.

CapitalGreen
19-02-2020, 06:43 PM

Efe Ambrose

tonyrougier123
19-02-2020, 06:56 PM
David gray-untouchable legend!

Underwhelmed when he signed,overwhelmed with his style of play,and all round game when he was in peak condition and on it.
Overcome with emotion when he bulleted that header in at hampden.
Started as stubbs first signing and really got the ball rolling and the hibees rocking again.

Would love to see this man back to his best in a hibs shirt again,but if not he should be in and around easter road forever!!

Alan stubbs-holy grail legend!

Man came to hibs with a plan and a swagger unseen for an age at hibs.the doldrums were well and truly set in at easter rd.
He introduced a football ethos and squad to be remembered down the years,identified the "right type"of footballer that was going "to get" what hibernian was all about.brought in a coaching team that will also be remembered for their passion and willingness to succeed at hibs.

His tactics were to have a go and even the odd blip result couldn't dampen what was a thrill ride under his tenure.

The achievement of a championship club lifting the scottish cup and getting to the league cup final whilst pushing for promotion was a season to be heralded.
And if like me you believe the players had to feel the hurt of losing to ross county to find that last half hour in may,you probably won't hold it against the man for not getting the double and/or promotion.

Franck sauzee-hero legend

The man oozed class on the ball,and read the game so clearly,it was really like having a superstar playing for hibs.and of course he was.

Totally bought into everything hibernian,and I've never known a player since or before to have the adulation of the fans whilst showing so much adulation back,considering what this man achieved in the game he was mr hibs for many reasons.

Unfairly treated as manager.

Russell latapy-cult legend

Never a more skilful player have I seen come and play at easter road,the guy was something else with a ball at his feet.unfazed by any hatchet man that tried to bring him down,don't remember him rolling and greeting on the floor that he was getting kicked upside down at times,stuck to his task of skinning defences alive.picking out sublime passes and being so layed back it was unreal.you just dont see players like him these days tbh.
Ended badly but fondly remembered and rightly so.

John(super)mcginn-modern legend

I remember john being paraded at half time during a cup game I think,remember being so cheesed of we were making a big deal about this lad from st-mirren.boy how wrong I was!!

Absolute warrior in midfield who has the whole kit and kaboodle in his locker.an engine unrivalled by anything I'd ever seen in a hibs jersey,sometimes felt like john was the midfield and defence!!

A really likable guy and hugely interactive with the support who gave his all everytime he pulled on the jersey.
In a time when loyalty is basically non-existent in football,super was open and honest about his time with hibs.
Never tried to angle his way out when the media all but had him signed for celtic,and was true to the badge when most would have had a transfer request handed in.

Ultimately got the move his attitude and work rate deserved.
Can't think of a player to leave hibs ever that wished greatness upon more.

Lewis stevenson-time served legend

Seen it all in his time at hibs.
Seen probably more managers than any player I can remember too.

The quiet man with the heart of a lion.
Played in some good teams and some stinkers.
Honest pro who is always reliable and ever present.
Revered by many rightly so.hibs man

Paul hanlon-time served legend.

Paul has clocked up some mileage in a hibs shirt,again played in some good and bad teams.
If paul was not injured during our relegation season don't think we would have gone down that year,although things panned out,it definitely did not feel that way at the time.
Paul's best form in a hibs top was during neil lennons tenure imo.
Should have had scotland caps when you consider the duffers we have called up for way too long.
Also much better centre half than most in the league on his day.

Go down in history forever for that goal at tyncastle.hibs man ggtth!!

Some notable additions

Darren mcgregor-homecoming legend

Marvin bartley-strong legend

Conrad logan-polar legend

Tony stokes-on-fire legend

McKenzie
19-02-2020, 07:13 PM
Amazing how few have riordan in. Best striker I’ve seen in my time watching Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
19-02-2020, 07:22 PM
Of my time watching Hibs only David Gray is in the bracket I would describe as a legend, simply because I will remember him for ever more for scoring the winner in the cup final.

CapitalGreen
19-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Boozy

Gloucester Hibs
19-02-2020, 07:46 PM
Totally subjective but to try and put some kind of criteria on it you would probably need to tick 2 out of 3 of:

1. Have won silverware
2. Be a very, very good player
3. Have a genuine affinity with the club

But then you have someone like Latapy who I’d consider a legend but probably only ticks box number 2?

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2020, 07:49 PM
Totally subjective but to try and put some kind of criteria on it you would probably need to tick 2 out of 3 of:

1. Have won silverware
2. Be a very, very good player
3. Have a genuine affinity with the club

But then you have someone like Latapy who I’d consider a legend but probably only ticks box number 2?

King Paddy ticks all three

THE WINNER! 😁

cmcd
19-02-2020, 07:49 PM
Willie Hamilton,Joe Baker.
Willie Hamilton is my all time favourite player but can't call him a Legend as he wasn't with us for long because of his antics but still a brilliant player

Ringothedog
19-02-2020, 08:23 PM
In my lifetime I would go for-
Pat Stanton
Arthur Duncan
and the whole Scottish Cup winning team as they will in years to come be the stuff of legends

allezsauzee
19-02-2020, 08:30 PM
From the time I've been watching Hibs....Le God, Sir David, SJM, JC, Wee Russell, Erich Schaedler, Gordon Hunter, Stokesy, Deek, Ivan Sproule & Pat McGinlay are my favourites and I'd consider them all legends.

ACLeith
19-02-2020, 08:34 PM

I’ve been meaning to post mine up but you’ve done it for me that’s exactly who mine are. Lucky enough to have seen them all though too young to appreciate the Famous Five

hibbydog
19-02-2020, 08:45 PM
Stokes - the single best individual performance from any Hibs player in any game. Delivered when it mattered - on the most important victory in our history.

Sir David - scorer of the most important goal in our clubs history.

Sauzee and Latapy - two of the best players I’ve had the privilege of seeing in a hibs strip. Based on ability, yes, head and shoulders above anyone else.

Stevenson and Hanlon - for being stalwarts and working hard through the tough times. Hibs through and through

Stantons Angel
19-02-2020, 09:10 PM
in my time watching Hibs only one man stands out from the rest and thats Pat Stanton.

Legend is a word used far to much now and attaches to many inferior types of legends in my opinion.

Pat Stanton meant more to the Hibs supporters of his era because of his infinity with Hibs.

They knew that he would not let them down and would give his all for the jersey.

other legends
Mickey Weir
Lewis Stevenson

All of them had Hibs in their hearts and "got" Hibs.

Special mention to
Sauzee
Latapy

Radium
19-02-2020, 09:17 PM
Totally subjective but the following are mine,

Joe Baker, never saw him play but was one of the reasons that my teenage dad turned his back on his Hearts supporting family and followed Hibs

Arthur Duncan, left back by the time I saw him play but just seemed to glide up the line.

Keith Wright, second goal at Hampden in the last game I went to with both my dad and brother

Lewis Stevenson, has two and was the number on the back of my sons top in the cup winning season

David Gray, came in at the lowest point in our recent history and as captain led us to the Scottish Cup

Think they have good enough records to justify Legend status.

Looking at others lists, lots of very worthy suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk