PDA

View Full Version : Si Ferry Meets, Kenny Miller.

JohnM1875
17-02-2020, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr4L32_fiLE

Just started it, could be interesting though!

HendoDelivered
17-02-2020, 04:30 PM
Buzzing to watch this tbf.

Since452
17-02-2020, 04:31 PM
Now I know what to watch while she's watching Love Island

Hibbyradge
17-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Buzzing to watch this tbf.

Do you audibly buzz, and if so, how loud is the buzzing?

Like a bee's buzz, or maybe louder, like an amplifier with a bit of feedback?

Or maybe like that lassie from Colinton's vibrator?

DaveF
17-02-2020, 04:59 PM
His love for rangurs out me off after 2mins.

calumhibee1
17-02-2020, 05:03 PM
Acoustics are pish in that room.

Smartie
17-02-2020, 05:16 PM

Lassie from Colinton?

Explanation required my friend.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Lassie from Colinton?

Explanation required my friend.

Explain it in pictures. Thanks.

Hibbyradge
17-02-2020, 05:21 PM
Explain it in pictures. Thanks.

🍆

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Scanned about a bit did he mention the scottish cup ? Must have been brief didgeridoo manage to find it.
Was Freddie on a cut of any move back to Hibs. Glad that didn’t happen lately. Meh about him back here as coach / manager.

Sammy7nil
17-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Scanned about a bit did he mention the scottish cup ? Must have been brief didgeridoo manage to find it.
Was Freddie on a cut of any move back to Hibs. Glad that didn’t happen lately. Meh about him back here as coach / manager.

Did he mention Rolf :tee hee: :tee hee:

DH1875
17-02-2020, 08:50 PM
So.....Any good? Worth watching

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2020, 08:56 PM
Did he mention Rolf :tee hee: :tee hee:

lol Clucking predictive text wttf?!

Since452
17-02-2020, 09:11 PM
Enjoyed it. Interesting to hear West Ham offered Hibs more money for Miller than Rangers did

HendoDelivered
17-02-2020, 09:11 PM

Something like that ma man 👍🏽

LaMotta
17-02-2020, 10:08 PM
Enjoyed it. Interesting to hear West Ham offered Hibs more money for Miller than Rangers did

How did he end up at Huns? Did he just turn down West Ham?

superfurryhibby
17-02-2020, 10:26 PM
How did he end up at Huns? Did he just turn down West Ham?

Hibs were apparently sympathetic to his move to the Hun. The agreement to sign a new contract worked well for us, Miller got the move he wanted.

LaMotta
17-02-2020, 10:28 PM
Hibs were apparently sympathetic to his move to the Hun. The agreement to sign a new contract worked well for us, Miller got the move he wanted.

Ta.:aok:

LaMotta
17-02-2020, 10:45 PM
Just started watching it. Kenny Miller is really not pulling off the mankles no socks look:Ummm:

oxymoron
18-02-2020, 06:37 AM
Sound quality a bit iffy, with lots of mumbling that was hard to pick up, and I personally find it odd that a 40yr old man being interviewed constantly uses the dressing room nicknames for others. Half the time they are obscure and it's not clear who he is referring to - you have to try to work it out which is tiresome and means you miss the next part and have to rewind.

It was ok, but nowhere near as good as Micheal Stewarts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
18-02-2020, 06:43 AM
So the $64000 question:

Is he a Hibby or a Hun?

I would say a Hun :greengrin

Unseen work
18-02-2020, 07:13 AM
Sound quality a bit iffy, with lots of mumbling that was hard to pick up, and I personally find it odd that a 40yr old man being interviewed constantly uses the dressing room nicknames for others. Half the time they are obscure and it's not clear who he is referring to - you have to try to work it out which is tiresome and means you miss the next part and have to rewind.

Sorry but how is it weird that he’s calling his friends or people he has known for years by their nicknames?

Despite your age people will always use nicknames for mates if they have one.

murray26
18-02-2020, 07:36 AM
So the $64000 question:

Is he a Hibby or a Hun?

I don’t think it’s any secret the he’s a money grabbing mercenary..

FilipinoHibs
18-02-2020, 07:42 AM
So the $64000 question:

Is he a Hibby or a Hun?

A hun. He admits to it in interview. I worked with a boy who was in his year at school , a Hibs fan, and he said he was a hun.

Anthony Soprano
18-02-2020, 08:39 AM
Difference between an apple and an orange?

Ye canny get an apple *******

calumhibee1
18-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Sorry but how is it weird that he’s calling his friends or people he has known for years by their nicknames?

I gave up on the interview because of the sound quality but if these nicknames are all pretty obscure then you’d think he’d have called them by their proper names so that people actually knew who he was talking about.

Since452
18-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Couldn't care less if Miller is a hun or not. Always found him very respectful towards Hibs. Coming in to the Hibs dressing room after the cup final says it all. A Rangers fan leaving Hibs to join the team he grew up supporting to play with, at that time, some truly world class players. Set himself up for life financially in the process. Hold no ill feelings towards him for that. End of the day he got his move because he was doing the business for us.

Anthony Soprano
18-02-2020, 08:56 AM

Garry O'Connors is the best one i've seen, would highly recommend if you've not already seen it. Lot's of good insight into his hibs days and the golden generation.

BILLYHIBS
18-02-2020, 09:05 AM
Good interview spoiled by the poor sound quality

Blurhibee
18-02-2020, 09:21 AM
A hun. He admits to it in interview. I worked with a boy who was in his year at school , a Hibs fan, and he said he was a hun.
Aye defo a rangers fan I went to school with him but he didn’t go to many games with him playing football every weekend. But with him being at Hibs from 12 years old he has a big soft spot for the Hibs now.

Just_Jimmy
18-02-2020, 11:00 AM
I quite like the concept but I find ferry hard to take to. It's the "lads, lads, lads" nature of the interview. Everyone is a "top guy" or "what a guy". "Wis ye aye?"

That said he generally has a good interview structure and he gets some good stories. It is just really hard to take to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Peevemor
18-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Garry O'Connors is the best one i've seen, would highly recommend if you've not already seen it. Lot's of good insight into his hibs days and the golden generation.

"Insight" is maybe stretching it a bit when half of what he said is made up.

Gaffer1875
18-02-2020, 11:47 AM
Was ok, was hoping to hear more about that day in May and what really happened with Murty

The 90+2
18-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Was ok, was hoping to hear more about that day in May and what really happened with Murty

I think there will be a book to sell revealing that.

Coco Bryce
18-02-2020, 12:19 PM

Only funny due to the fact he's completely thick as a brick. His vocabulary is atrocious.

DH1875
18-02-2020, 12:31 PM
Apparently this was filmed months ago and has been heavily cut and edited at Kennys request. Think I will give it a miss.

Smartie
18-02-2020, 01:31 PM
Interesting to hear another player enthuse about "Parky".

Am I making this up, or did he occasionally get a bit of criticism from the fanzines in the "pre Hibs.net" era? I know he was a guy who was mainly associated with Hearts prior to his time with us.

Having heard some of the best players to come through our youths over the past 30 years speak so highly of him, surely Donald Park must be acknowledged for the very significant contribution he made to our club?

We've built a stadium and training ground off the back of selling players for large sums of money, he should surely be due a fair bit of credit for his role in developing the players who were sold for the big bucks?

SquashedFrogg
18-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Apparently this was filmed months ago and has been heavily cut and edited at Kennys request. Think I will give it a miss.

Must've been a huge initial recording if it's been heavily cut? Final edit is nearly 2 hours long.

I guess people can get a bit precious watching these things.
Perhaps not the best of Si's interviews, but still a decent watch.

Northern Hibby
18-02-2020, 01:56 PM
so does he mention thee Scottish Cup Game :greengrin

oxymoron
18-02-2020, 06:08 PM

Cos he's being interviewed and not everyone is in on the dressing room names - many of them obscure. It might have helped with some of the anecdotes

KingPat4
18-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Simon Ferry is bloody awful. Can hardly understand a word he says. Better with someone like Michael Stewart doing this.

fishybeaver
19-02-2020, 05:37 AM
Ian Black interview is brilliant, I know he's one off them, but he doesn't hold back.

JimBHibees
19-02-2020, 05:46 AM
I quite like the concept but I find ferry hard to take to. It's the "lads, lads, lads" nature of the interview. Everyone is a "top guy" or "what a guy". "Wis ye aye?"

That said he generally has a good interview structure and he gets some good stories. It is just really hard to take to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I like him but agree the questions usually revolve around, the banter, practical jokes, nights out and how were they with the young players. He lets the person talk which to me is the best type of interviewer as it isn't all about him.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-02-2020, 05:46 AM
Only funny due to the fact he's completely thick as a brick. His vocabulary is atrocious.

I think folks need to embrace it a wee bit more for what it is Some of these guys brains are in their feet and won’t ever be in the stage with RADA.

Its a show by a guy (he came up with the idea and format afaik) who’s one of “them” speaking their language and offering a wee insight. Mibbie opens up a few doors that would have otherwise been left alone. Players seem quite relaxed maybe disarmed abit and more willing to explore stuff a bit more?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-02-2020, 05:51 AM
Cos he's being interviewed and not everyone is in on the dressing room names - many of them obscure. It might have helped with some of the anecdotes

Winker (Andy Watson) was brought up by Kenny and tbf Si asked him who that was. Everyone Hibs related will know Parky and is / was he not in the Scotland. Setup? Can’t remember others being mentioned tho

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2020, 06:15 AM
Winker (Andy Watson) was brought up by Kenny and tbf Si asked him who that was. Everyone Hibs related will know Parky and is / was he not in the Scotland. Setup? Can’t remember others being mentioned tho

Did he mention “the gaffer” much? I cringe when I hear folk using that - Miller does it all the time.

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2020, 06:32 AM
Simon Ferry is bloody awful. Can hardly understand a word he says. Better with someone like Michael Stewart doing this.

Felt the same way but you get used to him

I tend to watch all the HIBS related interviews which are very good and available to watch on YouTube

GOC, Deeks and Gary Caldwell

As others have said he puts the ex-pros at their ease

Michael Stewart interview was excellent

Yeah! Yeah! What was he like? Good banter in the changing room?

Smartie
19-02-2020, 06:39 AM
Ian Black interview is brilliant, I know he's one off them, but he doesn't hold back.

Of the ones I’ve watched it’s the Hearts and Rangers players I’ve enjoyed the most. They’re players I’ve never had much interest in or stories I’ve ever heard before so it’s all new to me, which is interesting.

I’ve not seen Ian Black’s one.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-02-2020, 06:43 AM
Did he mention “the gaffer” much? I cringe when I hear folk using that - Miller does it all the time.

Yes - I think it’s seen as a sign of respect - only one person referred to as the gaffer (and I suppose with the merri-go-round) you’re not going to mess up on names :)

mjhibby
19-02-2020, 06:47 AM
Felt the same way but you get used to him

I tend to watch all the HIBS related interviews which are very good and available to watch on YouTube

GOC, Deeks and Gary Caldwell

As others have said he puts the ex-pros at their ease

Michael Stewart interview was excellent

Yeah! Yeah! What was he like? Good banter in the changing room?

Michael Stewart one was superb. Great stories.

Since452
19-02-2020, 07:17 AM
The Paul Hartley one is worth a watch too. Hearts were on £5k a man win bonus at one point for run of the mill SPL ganes

SquashedFrogg
19-02-2020, 07:23 AM

I don't think he mentions 'the gaffer' at all.

SquashedFrogg
19-02-2020, 07:24 AM
The Paul Hartley one is worth a watch too. Hearts were on £5k a man win bonus at one point for run of the mill SPL ganes

That was an excellent one.

mcohibs
19-02-2020, 07:47 AM
Ferry's interviews are very good. He's not a polished journo nor does he need to be - gets more info out of players and ex-pros by speaking to them as a mate/ fellow footballer and that's what makes the show work.

He asks the questions that interest him as a player i.e. changing room insights, experience with different managers, nights out etc. A welcome contrast to the mundane template answers that most players usually give in TV interviews. Lots of Hibs/ Hearts content on all the other Open Goal shows as well and it's not an Old Firm love-in which would have been easy to do

Since452
19-02-2020, 07:51 AM
Ferry's interviews are very good. He's not a polished journo nor does he need to be - gets more info out of players and ex-pros by speaking to them as a mate/ fellow footballer and that's what makes the show work.

He asks the questions that interest him as a player i.e. changing room insights, experience with different managers, nights out etc. A welcome contrast to the mundane template answers that most players usually give in TV interviews. Lots of Hibs/ Hearts content on all the other Open Goal shows as well and it's not an Old Firm love-in which would have been easy to do

I like him too. The guys he's interviewing are immediately at ease with him and nothing feels fake. Saw a different side to Michael Stewart for example. The real side.

Robbo6-2
19-02-2020, 08:01 AM
Si Ferry is brilliant.

Great insight into changing rooms etc.

The weekly open goal podcast with Slaney and Kevin Kyle are also brilliant.

Anthony Soprano
19-02-2020, 08:11 AM
"Insight" is maybe stretching it a bit when half of what he said is made up.

His word against yours, and seeing as he was actually there, I'll probably take his.

Anthony Soprano
19-02-2020, 08:16 AM

In fairness you hardly watch a video on Garry O'Connor and expect him to start reciting Shakespear.

Thought he had lots of good stories, liked the ones about his time in Russia

Peevemor
19-02-2020, 08:25 AM
His word against yours, and seeing as he was actually there, I'll probably take his.

If you want to believe everything Garry said in that interview that's up to you.

While I'm on, one of my clients just died leaving £25434731456743865454584735445424778587534.31 in a client account and I need someone to help me get it out the country ...

Coco Bryce
19-02-2020, 09:15 AM
In fairness you hardly watch a video on Garry O'Connor and expect him to start reciting Shakespear.

Thought he had lots of good stories, liked the ones about his time in Russia

The one when he admitted driving about Russia pished and when got stopped by the polis gave them money to let him go was funny.

Barman Stanton
19-02-2020, 10:39 AM
We don’t half have some snobs in our support. Don’t like the way O’Connor talks. Don’t like the matey way Ferry does interviews. Christ, these guys sound like Cambridge graduates compared to guys Iv stood beside at the fitba.

MartinfaePorty
19-02-2020, 11:25 AM
Interesting to hear another player enthuse about "Parky".

Am I making this up, or did he occasionally get a bit of criticism from the fanzines in the "pre Hibs.net" era? I know he was a guy who was mainly associated with Hearts prior to his time with us.

Having heard some of the best players to come through our youths over the past 30 years speak so highly of him, surely Donald Park must be acknowledged for the very significant contribution he made to our club?

We've built a stadium and training ground off the back of selling players for large sums of money, he should surely be due a fair bit of credit for his role in developing the players who were sold for the big bucks?

I've got a fanzine somewhere with an article outlining what someone heard from Donald Park at what I think was a youth game. He basically recounted what Park said and it came over as fairly outrageous (think it was lots of shouting and swearing at the kids) and the author said he should be shown the door as soon as possible. IIRC this was early at his first spell at Hibs and after a few years opinions changed to him being a very respected coach.

Unseen work
19-02-2020, 11:44 AM
We don’t half have some snobs in our support. Don’t like the way O’Connor talks. Don’t like the matey way Ferry does interviews. Christ, these guys sound like Cambridge graduates compared to guys Iv stood beside at the fitba.

Mental isn’t it.

For me, the laid back approach is refreshing and is what makes the interviews. It’s not the generic questions and answers that we’ve heard one million times before.

Gives an awful lot of insight into the player, decisions they made and why they had the career they did.

Massive fan of the interviews as well as the podcasts, even though I can’t stand Kevin Kyle.

KingPat4
19-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Just watched the first fifteen minutes of the Gaz interview and it is hilarious. Boozy filling Lucazade bottles with vodka and getting pished had me spitting my coffee out.

Brilliant watch.

:rotflmao:

mcohibs
19-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Mental isn’t it.

For me, the laid back approach is refreshing and is what makes the interviews. It’s not the generic questions and answers that we’ve heard one million times before.

Gives an awful lot of insight into the player, decisions they made and why they had the career they did.

Massive fan of the interviews as well as the podcasts, even though I can’t stand Kevin Kyle.

I actually think Kevin Kyle comes across as a decent guy. Knows how big both Edinburgh teams are and whilst obviosuly has a fondness for his ex-employers, regularly speaks very highly of Hibs.

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 03:08 PM

Am I the only one that just listens to them on the podcast?

The 90+2
19-02-2020, 03:11 PM
I actually think Kevin Kyle comes across as a decent guy. Knows how big both Edinburgh teams are and whilst obviosuly has a fondness for his ex-employers, regularly speaks very highly of Hibs.

Defo’. Jay Shields big brother played with him at Sunderland and said he was a top guy, looked after him big time when he went down from Raith and you can tell he likes hearts but never rips off Hibs.

truehibernian
19-02-2020, 03:12 PM

Agree he comes across as a good guy :aok: what rips my knitting is he falls under the 'Christian Dailly' bracket of having made a fortune from football and being less than bang average compared to other players. My bitterness knows no end :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Agree he comes across as a good guy :aok: what rips my knitting is he falls under the 'Christian Dailly' bracket of having made a fortune from football and being less than bang average compared to other players. My bitterness knows no end :greengrin

:confused:

Christian Dailly?

The same Christian Daily that got 67 caps for Scotland scoring 6 and 35 caps for the Under 21s scoring 5

Captain of Scotland 12 times

The same Christian Dailly that would walk into any HIBS team at the height of his career

I would take less than bang average every time

I still remember him booting the Dressing Room door after getting beat by Germany calling them cheating diving bassas and Bertie Vogts shouting after him “ Christian!”

Not that fussed about Kyle tbh took his ribbing at ER for being a jambo reject in good heart

superfurryhibby
19-02-2020, 04:49 PM
:confused:

Christian Dailly?

The same Christian Daily that got 67 caps for Scotland scoring 6 and 35 caps for the Under 21s scoring 5

Captain of Scotland 12 times

The same Christian Dailly that would walk into any HIBS team at the height of his career

I would take less than bang average every time

I still remember him booting the Dressing Room door after getting beat by Germany calling them cheating diving bassas and Bertie Vogts shouting after him “ Christian!”

Not that fussed about Kyle tbh took his ribbing at ER for being a jambo reject in good heart

Totally agree. To speak of Dailly as "bang average" is quite bizarre. He played nearly 800 competitive games (including international appearances) in a long career. Whilst no world beater, he was a decent enough performer at a high standard of football most of his career. .

As for Si Ferry, I've never seen players so open and so willing to discuss their careers. Aye, it's a bit cringe inducing at times, so what? I'd rather watch his interviews than the boring nonsense put out in mainstream media. Nearly all the folk he interviews come across pretty well. I'll make exceptions for Davie Moyes and David Weir.

BILLYHIBS
19-02-2020, 04:58 PM
Totally agree. To speak of Dailly as "bang average" is quite bizarre. He played nearly 800 competitive games (including international appearances) in a long career. Whilst no world beater, he was a decent enough performer at a high standard of football most of his career. .

As for Si Ferry, I've never seen players so open and so willing to discuss their careers. Aye, it's a bit cringe inducing at times, so what? I'd rather watch his interviews than the boring nonsense put out in mainstream media. Nearly all the folk he interviews come across pretty well. I'll make exceptions for Davie Moyes and David Weir.
:agree:

Spot on SFH

I have been a member of the Scotland Travel Club since the very beginning and I sort of know where the OP is coming from but Christian Dailly played at a time when we no longer had “world class” players and he was basically all we had as cover but he never let us down always gave 100% could get around a football pitch and was versatile and had bags of energy and enthusiasm for playing for Scotland almost scored a last minute goal at Wembley that would have taken the tie into extra time

Far from bang average imho would have taken him at HIBS in a heartbeat

Since452
19-02-2020, 04:59 PM
Christian Dailly was a brilliant player even in his Dundee United days

Unseen work
19-02-2020, 05:00 PM

Comes across as a decent guy and does speak well of hibs yeah but For some reason I just can’t take to him, don’t think he’s particularly funny and I think he quite often changes his views on something when he then hears Ferry’s opinion, which is odd considering he’s has a far more impressive career than Ferry.

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Comes across as a decent guy and does speak well of hibs yeah but For some reason I just can’t take to him, don’t think he’s particularly funny and I think he quite often changes his views on something when he then hears Ferry’s opinion, which is odd considering he’s has a far more impressive career than Ferry.

Aye he’s some boy, uh huh.

givescotlandfreedom
20-02-2020, 04:57 AM
I think Si Ferry is a bit of a yes man who just agrees with whoever is sitting next to him but there are some interesting stories so I still enjoy his interviews.

FilipinoHibs
20-02-2020, 05:14 AM

Thought his speech a bit slow and not the brightest of sparks. But it down to the years of drug consumption. Put seemed a likeable guy.

SquashedFrogg
20-02-2020, 06:51 AM
I think Si Ferry is a bit of a yes man who just agrees with whoever is sitting next to him but there are some interesting stories so I still enjoy his interviews.

So you think he should disagree with how they describe their personal experiences?

superfurryhibby
20-02-2020, 07:24 AM
Thought his speech a bit slow and not the brightest of sparks. But it down to the years of drug consumption. Put seemed a likeable guy.

Given that your two sentences are constructed so poorly, this has to be ironic?

The 90+2
20-02-2020, 07:45 AM

He does a great job at getting the ex footballers on his show and open up about their career. If it works then why change it? He’s not trying to be Pierce Morgan with hard hitting questions to damages souls, he’s asking ex footballers football story questions for football supporters imo.

Smartie
20-02-2020, 08:41 AM
I’ve been listening to more of these and I have to say I think they’re excellent.

I like his style - he lets the guest talk.

hibsbollah
20-02-2020, 08:46 AM
Ferry is from the same generation and background as his subjects and so puts interviewees at ease in a way that normal media types don't.

There's an undercurrent of class snobbery in the criticism of him.

FilipinoHibs
20-02-2020, 09:01 AM
Given that your two sentences are constructed so poorly, this has to be ironic?

Down to a small mobile screen, failing eyesight and punched out while downing a San Miguel in the blazing sun.

Anthony Soprano
20-02-2020, 10:43 AM

There's no pleasing some folk, to be expected on here though tbf

Barman Stanton
20-02-2020, 11:28 AM
There's no pleasing some folk, to be expected on here though tbf

Indeed. Some on here seem to be at their happiest when they are hating on something/someone.

DetroitHibs
20-02-2020, 12:06 PM
There's a podcast I watch on YouTube called Undr The Cosh. It's three English ex players, Jon Parkin being one, that do a great interview with ex players. Usually lesser known English lads, but a quality listen in the car. The Kevin Campbell one was really good.

The 90+2
20-02-2020, 12:09 PM
There's a podcast I watch on YouTube called Undr The Cosh. It's three English ex players, Jon Parkin being one, that do a great interview with ex players. Usually lesser known English lads, but a quality listen in the car. The Kevin Campbell one was really good.

Leon Knight one is the greatest podcast ever 😂

Barman Stanton
20-02-2020, 12:28 PM
Leon Knight one is the greatest podcast ever 😂

Ah Leon Knight, one of those Champ Man legends who wasnt very good.