PDA

View Full Version : What goals have you missed while being in the toilet or pie stand?

Antifa Hibs
17-02-2020, 10:35 AM
Iconic ones anyway.

Missed Docherty's yesterday while grabbing a pie.

Got me thinking what massively iconic goals have been missed by fans doing similar? A mate missed Gray's in Brondby. Not overly fussed about the actual goal but raging everytime he see's the video of the fans celebrating and gutted he wasn't part of it. Another missed Cumming's goal at Tynie in the Scottish cup. Can say he went to every game but didn't see every goal.

Speaking of the Scottish Cup, with 23000 Hibs fans there in 2016 a few must've been hiding in the bogs waiting for extra time. Anyone here admitting to missing Gray's winner while in the bog or having a sly puff somewhere?

Dibben
17-02-2020, 10:38 AM
I missed the first Latapy goal at Firhill in 99 when we clinched promotion!

Jumbo
17-02-2020, 10:40 AM
I missed first goal at Dumbarton in big relegation clash around about 85? when Hibs ray free or subsidised buses to game

norhfc
17-02-2020, 10:44 AM
I missed George Bests first goal for us at Love Street, still annoys me, it was rigjht at the end and I was walking behind the stand planning to get the last few minutes near the exit.

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-02-2020, 10:45 AM
Iconic ones anyway.

Missed Docherty's yesterday while grabbing a pie.

Got me thinking what massively iconic goals have been missed by fans doing similar? A mate missed Gray's in Brondby. Not overly fussed about the actual goal but raging everytime he see's the video of the fans celebrating and gutted he wasn't part of it. Another missed Cumming's goal at Tynie in the Scottish cup. Can say he went to every game but didn't see every goal.

Speaking of the Scottish Cup, with 23000 Hibs fans there in 2016 a few must've been hiding in the bogs waiting for extra time. Anyone here admitting to missing Gray's winner while in the bog or having a sly puff somewhere?

If you’re going to miss a great goal for a pie then at least it was a Killie pie

Pretty Boy
17-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Doyles equaliser in the 4-3 Falkirk semi final. Was in the toilet, ran out when I heard the roar and the concourse was absolute bedlam, random people jumping on each other and charging about trying to find their mates.

Also missed both United goals in the recent SC replay. Had a few pints before the game so had to visit the toilet more than usual. After the 2nd goal I was told to '****ing sit down or they'll score again.'

.Sean.
17-02-2020, 10:51 AM
Two and they were both at Tynecastle!

Missed Sparkies free kick and Horgans second last year.

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 10:51 AM
The 3-0 win at Ibrox under Calderwood.

I wan't at the match but watched it on Hibs TV having got home late from work. I missed all 3 goals due tu having a dump, heating up my dinner and nipping outside for a quick fag.

Springbank
17-02-2020, 10:52 AM
Not a Hibs one but I went to Paris in 2007 on a stag doo, where we all went to the Scotland v France game at the Parc des Princes.

Having had a skinful before the game, I needed a trip to the bog.

Scotland were hanging on a bit at 0-0 and France blew a good chance, it went for a Scotland goal kick.

"Ideal time to nip to the bogs" I said, only for the goal kick to land just inside the France half, at the feet of a certain James McFadden, the only Scotland player in the France half. The rest is history. Can't believe I was in the ground but missed McFadden's goal!!

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2020, 10:55 AM
Missed Latapy's in the 6-2 game

Juice-Terry
17-02-2020, 10:59 AM
Stokes's opener in the cup final. :fuming:

Smartie
17-02-2020, 11:01 AM
I missed Barry Prenderville’s goal, still not convinced it actually happened and certainly not as described.

McSwanky
17-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Took my nephew to the Dundee 4-4 game at ER and completely missed one of the Dundee goals due to him needing the toilet. Couldn't understand why everyone was so angry when Hibs lost a goal in the last minute. I thought we were still winning 4-3!

Silversand
17-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Missed Rob Jones goal in the 1-0 league cup derby game at ER [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

McSwanky
17-02-2020, 11:08 AM
Also remember going up to McDiarmid Park for a midweek cup game when Hibs were in the 1st Division, or whatever it was called then. Massive Hibs support had obviously not been anticipated, and we were already 2-0 down before we got into the stadium (about 30 minutes after KO). IIRC the third went in shortly after we sat down, and the game finished 4-0. What a time to be alive!

Onceinawhile
17-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Not a Hibs one but I went to Paris in 2007 on a stag doo, where we all went to the Scotland v France game at the Parc des Princes.

Scotland were hanging on a bit at 0-0 and France blew a good chance, it went for a Scotland goal kick.

"Ideal time to nip to the bogs" I said, only for the goal kick to land just inside the France half, at the feet of a certain James McFadden, the only Scotland player in the France half. The rest is history. Can't believe I was in the ground but missed McFadden's goal!!

If it is any consolation that makes me feel much better. I watched it on TV and went to the fridge for a beer at the goal kick. But that's nowhere near as bad as you!

Jones28
17-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Mikey Stewart’s belter in the cup against Aberdeen; David Murphys freekick against St Johnston in the league cup 07; Kevin McCanns peach against rangers circa 2006/7.

HendoDelivered
17-02-2020, 11:14 AM
Rob Jones’ header at Hampden in 07! Was walking upstairs to try and beat the HT queue for a scran with my old boy.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Both the Jason Scotland goals at Hampden in the semi-final

Came back wondering why everyone was so pee'd off

mcohibs
17-02-2020, 11:24 AM
20 odd thousand at Hampden May 2016, must be a few there who missed THAT goal...

Smartie
17-02-2020, 11:27 AM

If it makes you feel any better I was in the France end at the opposite end of the ground and was exactly in line with the strike.

Happy to talk you through it.

We’d been robbed on the Metro earlier in the day so had a mad scramble to rustle up enough tickets and money to enjoy our day out and that’s where I ended up.

TelaStella
17-02-2020, 11:27 AM
Was up getting a pie when Ratscel scored for them in the cup final. Heard the roar and obviously knew and without even taking note of my surroundings lobbed the pie right against the wall in anger only to smack a rather unimpressed poliswoman on the shoulder. For my troubles? Not even lifted and left to endure the rest. A laugh to look back on however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibeeMassive
17-02-2020, 11:41 AM
My dad missed Zidane's goal in the CL final at Hampden as he was away to the loo. One of the best CL Final goals of all time.. at least I seen it and could talk him through it :hahaha:

Hibs90
17-02-2020, 11:43 AM
Almost missed Grays header. Nipped to the toilet as I was convinced it was extra time. Nobody else in the toilet apart from Stuart Lovell who just who looked at me as if to say 'what are you doing?' Halfway down the stairs back to my seat and Hibs get a corner...

Paloschi
17-02-2020, 11:58 AM
Missed the legendary Colin Nish put us 1-0 up v Ross County due to a turnstile issue 🙄

Mikey
17-02-2020, 12:01 PM
The lad along from me took his wee son to the bog when the board went up for injury time in the cup final.

BILLYHIBS
17-02-2020, 12:06 PM
Hibernian v Aberdeen
Scottish Cup Semi Final
Gets in just before kick off immediately goes for a pee
A Hibby comes in kicks the bog door and shouts “ I don’t f#$€ing believe it!”
Hibernian 0 v 1 Aberdeen
Rooney

Col2
17-02-2020, 12:13 PM
I left 2 mins from end of ET at cup semi versus Dundee Ute 2016. I decided I had seen this movie before and convinced myself that the cheers I heard were united fans on way back to car (had gone myself as mate on holiday)

Got back to car non the wiser and text message from Jambo mate which I didn’t open. Started the car and on my way assuming it was the usual Scottish cup disaster. Then 20 mins later on M8 and decided to turn radio on and couldn’t believe we had won on pens and Logan was the hero 🏆

Col2
17-02-2020, 12:15 PM
The lad along from me took his wee son to the bog when the board went up for injury time in the cup final.

👀😱😂😂😂

hibee_nation
17-02-2020, 12:17 PM
Sir David's winner at Hampden.
Nerves got the better of me was pacing up and down at the back of the last row of the East stand hoping to get to extra time when the roar of a lifetime went up and was hugging some guy in disbelief before making the long climb back down the stairs and onto the pitch.

StevesFamau5
17-02-2020, 12:19 PM
Stokes's opener in the cup final. :fuming:Ditto, was still trying to get in.

Also the Kerr goal in the derby, was in the kitchen clearing up having dropped a can of Miller pilsner on the floor [emoji1787] numpty

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Jones28
17-02-2020, 12:20 PM
Oh, Fonts goal against county in the LC final against county. Peeing and heard the roar knowing it couldn’t be the county fans.

Stevie Reid
17-02-2020, 12:27 PM
1st AND 3rd in the 5-1 LC Final against Killie!

jgl07
17-02-2020, 12:28 PM
I missed Jason Cummings' goal in the cup replay against Hearts due to congestion at the turnstiles.

When I used to attend away matches back in the 1990s, I had to take my son to his music lesson on Saturday morning and was often late for the kickoff. I missed Darren Jackson's opener at Fir Park in a 2-0 win. Even worse, we didn't have time to go around to the Hibs end so we dived into the Terrace opposite and stood with the Motherwell fans. At the time Hibs and Motherwell were the top two in the table.

hibbie02
17-02-2020, 12:32 PM
I was fortunate enough to miss both Livi goals at the 2004 LC Final. I started to queuing for a pie just before half time and got back to my seat about 10 minutes into the second half to find we were 2-0 down. I hadn't heard a peep in the queue so was quite surprised. I sent my nephew for the pies at the 2007 LC Cup Final, so pleased to say I missed nowt that time!

SteveHFC
17-02-2020, 12:33 PM

I know someone who left when Rangers scored their 2nd and was back on the train to Edinburgh while we celebrated winning the cup.

Mikeystewart
17-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Kevin McCann's rocket against Ranges in a 3-3 game Saturday, 28 April 2007

Was in the queue for a pie, heard the roar and seen the goal on the tv screen about 8 seconds later.

Match Report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6598837.stm

Goal approx 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIzKVUJVmok

JeMeSouviens
17-02-2020, 12:40 PM
Got caught in traffic and missed Simon Murray's derby winner. We were running through Lochend park at the time and heard the roar. Very relieved to see the scoreboard!

Waxy
17-02-2020, 12:48 PM
Missed an early goal for Airdrie at ER as a kid early 80s midweek. I was myself and in the cowshed. Went home thinking it was 1-1 but we’d lost 1-2.

The Harp
17-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Went to the'91 League Cup Final with my wife, son and daughter. The girls were in a family area on the terracing, my son and I were behind the goals.
It was only when we met up after the game that I found out my daughter missed Tommy McIntyre's goal from the penalty spot as she was waiting in a queue at the pie stall. And my wife missed Keith's clincher when she went to the toilet. Women?!?

Keith_M
17-02-2020, 01:00 PM
At the (in)famous Semi Final against Falkirk, I was out at the coffee stall at the back of the East Stand when we got the first goal (1-3) and then at the toilet when we scored the second (2-3).

I saw the third and fourth goals, thankfully.

eastterrace
17-02-2020, 01:02 PM
I missed George Bests first goal for us at Love Street, still annoys me, it was rigjht at the end and I was walking behind the stand planning to get the last few minutes near the exit.
So did I miss it, left as we were 2-0 down with a few minutes to go.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2020, 01:03 PM
I'm honestly not sure how you recover from missing David Gray's winner.

It would be almost as bad as not being able to make the game.

Keith_M
17-02-2020, 01:06 PM

Aye, thanks for reminding me!

:rolleyes:

hibee62
17-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Guy a few seats along from me in 2016 went to the toilet at 90 minutes “before extra time”.

JeMeSouviens
17-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Alan Stubbs missed the equaliser. :greengrin

DaveF
17-02-2020, 01:23 PM

Out of interest, where is the disabled seating at Hampden? Just wondering if you had the best seat in the house for that moment?

Heedersnvolleys
17-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Guy a few seats along from me in 2016 went to the toilet at 90 minutes “before extra time”.

That might have been me 😂😂😂.

With my daughter and she was really needing to go and I said come on then it will probably go to extra time luckily we stopped half way up the steps. Gets back to my seats and my other daughter and 70 year father are on the pitch.

sarfoftheborder
17-02-2020, 02:17 PM
At the 2012 Cup Final I left my seat just before half time to avoid the rush for a pee and a pie and missed James McPake's equaliser against them.

Captain Trips
17-02-2020, 02:28 PM
At the 2012 Cup Final I left my seat just before half time to avoid the rush for a pee and a pie and missed James McPake's equaliser against them.

Not being a cu.. Well I am that made it 2-1.

Is It On....
17-02-2020, 03:04 PM
My dad was whinging about the cold and I went to get him a coffee and missed Kevin Harper new years derby "raker"

Mon Dieu4
17-02-2020, 04:27 PM
I missed Brian Kerr's goal in the 1-0 derby due to the turnstyles, then again people actually there won't have seen it either

Halmyre Hibee
17-02-2020, 04:36 PM
Oh, Fonts goal against county in the LC final against county. Peeing and heard the roar knowing it couldn’t be the county fans.

So did I & peed my leg as everyone going mental and trying to get outside had to hold it in mid flow and go back again.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Out of interest, where is the disabled seating at Hampden? Just wondering if you had the best seat in the house for that moment?

I was roughly in line with the edge of the 18 yard line at the front of the south stand, obviously at the east end.

If you look closely enough you can see a split second glimpse of my green sleeve reaching in to celebrate with Liam Henderson when he ran over to the fans.

The view isn't great from down there, the best viewing area is in the north stand as it's right at the back of the stand. I was there for the Celtic League Cup semi final a couple of years ago and the view's very good.

Deeds
17-02-2020, 04:52 PM
Hibs v Rangers
League Cup Final - Parkhead
Went for a pee, just before ‘extra time’...Roar!! Bloody Ally McCoist wins it wi almost the last kick

Hermit Crab
17-02-2020, 05:01 PM
I missed all 3 goals in a 0-3 win for us at Queen of the South in the championship in 2015. Went for pie and missed Cummings early opener. Went for a pee and missed Henderson get the second and left a few minutes early to get the 5pm train from Dumfries to Carlisle for a bevy and missed Boyle getting the third. :grr:

PaulSmith
17-02-2020, 05:02 PM
Quite unbelievably Sir David Gray’s winner.

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-02-2020, 05:06 PM
I also missed Stokes opener in the SC final. Had a bladder like a space hopper and nipped to the toilet before the ‘real’ action started.

I heard the roar and thought we had won a corner or something until the wee man came rushing in to tell me.

TelaStella
17-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Kevin McCann's rocket against Ranges in a 3-3 game Saturday, 28 April 2007

Was in the queue for a pie, heard the roar and seen the goal on the tv screen about 8 seconds later.

Match Report: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6598837.stm

Goal approx 1:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIzKVUJVmok

Thanks for sharing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianmc
17-02-2020, 05:18 PM
Luckily I never go for a pee or a pie during a game.
So I think the only goal I've missed was Steven Fletcher's trundler that bobbled over the holy goalie's outstretched arm in the first couple of minutes in a game at ER - I'd got greedy in the pub and wasn't leaving till I'd finished my extra pint!

wookie70
17-02-2020, 05:29 PM
None in the last 15 years or so as barring that cup final and a few minutes at the start of a home game due to turnstile issues I have been there at the start of the game and stayed until the end only leaving my seat/place at half time. When I liked a drink I had the usual pee breaks but can't remember missing a goal. My lad misses about every 4th Hibs goal going to the pie stand. No idea why you would miss part of the game for a pie especially those at ER.

CockneyRebel
17-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Home game late 80s mid week evening kick off. Can't remember the opposition. Rain lashed all day with rivers running down the Oxgangs streets. Told the missus the game would not go on, no chance. Found out late on that the match was on and walked to Morningside to get one of the few buses running. It had to go all round the houses to get to ER because of the flooding. Got into the Cave about 20 minutes in and got told Mickey Weir had scored for us. Torrential rain for the rest of the match, couldn't see bugger all. Soaked through, freezing cold and missed the only goal of the match. Not one of my best memories.

hibby rae
17-02-2020, 05:56 PM

Same here. Also missed their 4th and 5th. For different reasons!

Would have happily missed the game altogether though hahaha

The 90+2
17-02-2020, 06:05 PM
20 odd thousand at Hampden May 2016, must be a few there who missed THAT goal...

Guy sitting beside me did. We asked him to go back to the toilet.

I missed the second in the league cup final. Seen it on the tv inside the kiosk bit.

The 90+2
17-02-2020, 06:07 PM

No danger anyone went to the toilet in injury time.

Speedway
17-02-2020, 06:19 PM
There was some match in Mixu’s reign at ER against ICT.

Makalamity didn’t fancy the cold that day so Lofty went in nets for the second half.

I was in the food queue at HT hoping to procure some sprayed painted rubber being passed off as pizza.

A small roar went up. I asked a guy on the steps what had happened. He told me ICT had scored again so I turned back and bought a second slice.

zolliehibs
17-02-2020, 07:30 PM
Haven't missed any significant goals myself but a mate was in a toilet for McFaddens rocket against France!

Hibernianinc
17-02-2020, 08:26 PM
My dad was whinging about the cold and I went to get him a coffee and missed Kevin Harper new years derby "raker"

So did I. Rather, I went for a pee to avoid the HT rush for the East Terrace “toilets”.

Blurhibee
17-02-2020, 09:11 PM
I missed Martin boyles 2nd goal in the recent derby at tyncastle, I was at the toilet after a few bevy’s before the game needed relived 😂