PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn

h1bs4life
16-02-2020, 07:52 PM
Not sure if posted anywhere else
https://mobile.twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1229032118392627200?s=21
No time for the Royal Family but it's certainly a worthwhile cause they are talking about , football's mental health campaign.
Just shows how far the laddie has come , can still remember the lesser greens fans I know telling me that they are not going pay £2m for a player that they will wait for and just take and if he is lucky he will make the bench.
Hopefully will make a great career down South , no doubt they will be more upset with who he is taking with.

JimBHibees
16-02-2020, 08:01 PM
Not sure if posted anywhere else
https://mobile.twitter.com/skysportspl/status/1229032118392627200?s=21
No time for the Royal Family but it's certainly a worthwhile cause they are talking about , football's mental health campaign.
Just shows how far the laddie has come , can still remember the lesser greens fans I know telling me that they are not going pay £2m for a player that they will wait for and just take and if he is lucky he will make the bench.
Hopefully will make a great career down South , no doubt they will be more upset with who he is taking with.

Really good interview.

Scottie
16-02-2020, 08:03 PM
The boys got class written all over him, well done John :not worth

Northernhibee
16-02-2020, 08:05 PM
It must be a really nervy thing meeting royalty and one of the most important people in the country from a family who are famous worldwide, so I think it's fair to say well done William on holding your nerves together for a great interview with SJM.

JimBHibees
16-02-2020, 08:06 PM
It must be a really nervy thing meeting royalty and one of the most important people in the country from a family who are famous worldwide, so I think it's fair to say well done William on holding your nerves together for a great interview with SJM.

:greengrin

Peevemor
16-02-2020, 08:08 PM
I enjoyed that. I don't care either way for the royals, but I think William comes across very well there.

Paisley Hibby
17-02-2020, 07:49 AM

🙌

MurrayfieldHibs
17-02-2020, 08:01 AM

:greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
17-02-2020, 11:39 AM
Just struck me whilst watching that its the first time Ive heard William speak. Or at least paid the slightest attention. Comes across well.

Spike Mandela
17-02-2020, 01:57 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:aok:

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2020, 03:31 PM
McGinn played with Sir David so wouldn’t have been phased by some pompous Prince.

Inconsequential
17-02-2020, 04:19 PM
McGinn played with Sir David so wouldn’t have been phased by some pompous Prince. Prince William doesn't come across as pompous in that interview imo. He appears friendly and down to earth. While not the Royal Family's greatest fan I think both William and Harry are good blokes. They didn't ask to be royals they were born into it. Both have served their country in the military and do a lot of charity work. Slagging them off for the sake of it appears to be the norm. I would just like to add I am a Scottish Nationalist.

WeAreHibs
17-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Prince William doesn't come across as pompous in that interview imo. He appears friendly and down to earth. While not the Royal Family's greatest fan I think both William and Harry are good blokes. They didn't ask to be royals they were born into it. Both have served their country in the military and do a lot of charity work. Slagging them off for the sake of it appears to be the norm. I would just like to add I am a Scottish Nationalist.
👍🏻

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 04:27 PM
Prince William doesn't come across as pompous in that interview imo. He appears friendly and down to earth. While not the Royal Family's greatest fan I think both William and Harry are good blokes. They didn't ask to be royals they were born into it. Both have served their country in the military and do a lot of charity work. Slagging them off for the sake of it appears to be the norm. I would just like to add I am a Scottish Nationalist.The few opinions given on this thread have all been positive.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Prince William doesn't come across as pompous in that interview imo. He appears friendly and down to earth. While not the Royal Family's greatest fan I think both William and Harry are good blokes. They didn't ask to be royals they were born into it. Both have served their country in the military and do a lot of charity work. Slagging them off for the sake of it appears to be the norm. I would just like to add I am a Scottish Nationalist.

I imagine their down to earthness may be something to do with their mother however the Royal Family have to come across as “alright” to keep the whole establishment thing in perpetuity to avoid ending up like their Russian counterparts... it’s “bad for business” to appear so out of touch and there’s been some instances that have come a bit too close to stuffing things up. Andy has been sidelined as a result.

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 05:17 PM
I imagine their down to earthness may be something to do with their mother however the Royal Family have to come across as “alright” to keep the whole establishment thing in perpetuity to avoid ending up like their Russian counterparts... it’s “bad for business” to appear so out of touch and there’s been some instances that have come a bit too close to stuffing things up. Andy has been sidelined as a result.Whatever or whoever it's down to I think his alrightness is genuine and nothing to do with saving face for the Royal Family.

I used to have a job where I was in regular contact with all sorts of landed gentry & nobility. Some were tossers, some were spot on. Everyone has the right to be judged on who, not what, they are.

Scouse Hibee
17-02-2020, 06:22 PM
McGinn played with Sir David so wouldn’t have been phased by some pompous Prince.

Yeah I know it was a tongue in cheek remark, William seems pretty decent.

Tambo
21-02-2020, 04:22 AM
I seen he is back in training? Such a shame if he has to miss out on the cup final vs city.

Gloucester Hibs
21-02-2020, 06:40 AM
Hope he makes the Euros Playoff(s) for Scotland 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Fergus52
21-02-2020, 07:35 AM
I seen he is back in training? Such a shame if he has to miss out on the cup final vs city.

Great news for Scotland and villa if true, thought he was out for the season.

cameronw-hfc
21-02-2020, 07:50 AM

Unfortunately it doesn't look like John will be fit for the final. Massive miss this season and would have been a nice boost to have him fit, still got that wee bit of hope he will surprise us though.