HendoDelivered
16-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Sign him up.

Scottie
16-02-2020, 06:03 PM
Doc Who ? :wink:

truehibernian
16-02-2020, 06:03 PM
My hope is someone buys McGinn, and we use a chunk on a transfer fee for him - he is class :aok:

Looks like (much like SJM) he has a good head on his shoulders, and a good family behind him - if he's advised correctly, sign him, have a great couple of seasons, and he could be the next SJM. He's talismanic.

GreenCastle
16-02-2020, 06:06 PM
My hope is someone buys McGinn, and we use a chunk on a transfer fee for him - he is class :aok:

Looks like (much like SJM) he has a good head on his shoulders, and a good family behind him - if he's advised correctly, sign him, have a great couple of seasons, and he could be the next SJM. He's talismanic.

Fully agree.

He’s a Rangers fan but for the sake of his career - do well at Hibs - even give Rangers a buy back clause or ideally down south he could have a really good career if he keeps improving / head screwed on.

Future captain material if he wants it.

Baldy Foghorn
16-02-2020, 06:16 PM
Was saying at game that Docherty and Omeonga have fantastic attitudes about them considering loan players

Vault Boy
16-02-2020, 06:17 PM
Shhh, he's been awful remember! That's the line. 🤫

number9dream
16-02-2020, 06:21 PM
It's a bit of a stretch, given he has two years to run on his Ibrox contract, earning considerably more than he ever would at Hibs.
There's almost no chance of any kind of permanent swap involving Kamberi.
Arfield and Davis are getting on and Rangers may look to sell Kamara over the summer.

Even if Rangers go out and recruit a couple of central midfielders in the summer in a desperate bid to stop 10 in a row, then his good performances for us are likely to alert clubs in England willing to pay more.
He looks the part and I'd certainly back Hibs pushing the boat out to get him but I just don't think it's realistic.
Here's hoping he continues to impress and we can repeat all of this at the end of the season...

Eyrie
16-02-2020, 06:31 PM
Shhh, he's been awful remember! That's the line. ��

Complete diddy. Sticks in the craw to do Sevco any favours but I suppose we could take him off their hands to free up some wages for them.

tonyrougier123
16-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Absolute imposter!!😜

DH1875
16-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Reckon we've no chance. If rangers don't want him, clubs down south will come in for him.

makaveli1875
16-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Reckon we've no chance. If rangers don't want him, clubs down south will come in for him.

This, he's well out of our price range unfortunately

Torto7
16-02-2020, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't rule us out of it. Yes another English team might come in for him but GD from what I've seen of him just wants to play. We can sell him on the SJM experience. Stay at us for a couple of years, develop, Scotland cap then a move to a big English club will follow.

S4uzee
16-02-2020, 06:38 PM
Was saying at game that Docherty and Omeonga have fantastic attitudes about them considering loan players

Totally agree. The effort and fitness and all round determination ... great to see

NC1875
16-02-2020, 06:40 PM
Why does everyone think he’s on fortunes at Rangers. He’s on less than Kamberi is here. If we have any ambition, he is exactly the kind of signing we should be trying to make

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Why does everyone think he’s on fortunes at Rangers. He’s on less than Kamberi is here. If we have any ambition, he is exactly the kind of signing we should be trying to make

It's nothing to do with ambition.

Torto7
16-02-2020, 06:48 PM

As horrible as it sounds we really need Flo to play well for the Zombies. We'll be in a far stronger bargaining position. We don't pay peanuts and can put an attractive offer to him. If we finish the season strongly and he loves it here. Rangers don't use him in pre season. The we could be in with a shot.

NC1875
16-02-2020, 06:51 PM
It's nothing to do with ambition.

Isnt it ? We just let him sign for someone else and say “oh well then” ?

SlickShoes
16-02-2020, 06:57 PM
As horrible as it sounds we really need Flo to play well for the Zombies. We'll be in a far stronger bargaining position. We don't pay peanuts and can put an attractive offer to him. If we finish the season strongly and he loves it here. Rangers don't use him in pre season. The we could be in with a shot.

We do need him to play well especially since he can't come back now, but he will barely kick a ball and we will probably end up letting someone buy him for whatever come the summer

Torto7
16-02-2020, 07:02 PM
We do need him to play well especially since he can't come back now, but he will barely kick a ball and we will probably end up letting someone buy him for whatever come the summer

Unfortunately that's the most likely scenario. Hopefully if that happens. GD goes back to Sevco. Slippy plays him in preseason and doesn't see what the fuss is. They spend more imaginary money on midfielders and we get Docherty for 1/5 million or so towards the end of the window.

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2020, 07:03 PM
Isnt it ? We just let him sign for someone else and say “oh well then” ?

It is nothing to do with ambition. The club can have all the ambition in the world but if they can't afford him they can't afford him. It's about money.

NC1875
16-02-2020, 07:08 PM
It is nothing to do with ambition. The club can have all the ambition in the world but if they can't afford him they can't afford him. It's about money.

Who says we can’t afford him ? You ?

Since452
16-02-2020, 07:10 PM
The better he does at Hibs the harder it'll be to sign him permanently. Just need to see what happens

The Modfather
16-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Hopefully we have assigned the 400k it seems we bid for Nisbett towards the Docherty fund. Add whatever else we can afford on top of that and make Rangers our best offer. We can build a team around Docherty, enjoy him as long as we can and then make a lot of money when it’s time for him him to move up the food chain.

Smartie
16-02-2020, 07:33 PM

He’s playing like a player far beyond our budget would play.

It’s not about ambition, it’s just reality.

If he enjoys his half season enough, he might want to come for a season or two but the financial reality is that he’s playing at a standard beyond what we can afford to pay and he’d be daft not to want to go play somewhere for substantially more money.

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2020, 07:53 PM

I quite clearly said "if" we can't afford him. I'd recommend reading posts before quoting.

I don't think we can afford him but I don't actually know, time will tell. As I've said, nothing to do with ambition.

cam75
16-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Malkie Mckay said on ss that he needs to cement his place in the Hibs team. For the next couple of seasons,,does he know something that we don’t 🙏🙏

The Wireless
16-02-2020, 08:09 PM
His price will be approx 750k when he Leather’s in the winner at Hampden in the Scottish Cup Final.:not worth:flag:

Joe6-2
16-02-2020, 08:09 PM
Malkie Mckay said on ss that he needs to cement his place in the Hibs team. For the next couple of seasons,,does he know something that we don’t 🙏🙏

I just thought he was showing his ignorance

truehibernian
16-02-2020, 08:10 PM
The better he does at Hibs the harder it'll be to sign him permanently. Just need to see what happens

Not at all, I see it the other way - he looks at SJM, if he develops the same way and becomes a Hibs mainstay, with the support right behind him the same way we did with John, he'll be propelled to bigger things and the biggest league. The Rangers are goldfish compared with the Premiership or top end of the English Championship. Hibs will be his next move.

pacorosssco
16-02-2020, 08:58 PM
How why could he not get a game at Shrewsbury? Love to see him signed

Vault Boy
16-02-2020, 08:59 PM

He was their POTY so he definitely did!

MWHIBBIES
16-02-2020, 09:00 PM

He played 50 games for Shrewsbury mate :faf:

NC1875
16-02-2020, 09:04 PM
I quite clearly said "if" we can't afford him. I'd recommend reading posts before quoting.

I don't think we can afford him but I don't actually know, time will tell. As I've said, nothing to do with ambition.

And I said “trying to sign” All ifs and buts.
But if we’re ambitious this is the type of signing we should be trying to make. No ?

Don’t see your point in saying it’s nothing to do with ambition, and then tell us teams with more money will sign him ?

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-02-2020, 09:05 PM
We might just need to enjoy what we get for as long as we can. Brilliant addition to the team though.

Jim44
16-02-2020, 09:14 PM
They’re kind of drooling about Docherty on FF, saying they’re looking forward to him getting a chance at Ibrox. The better he plays with us, the more he will cement a place with the Huns. The only glimmer of hope I see is that Kamberi does well with them and we might be able to use him to work a deal for Docherty. By all accounts they were impressed with him today when he came on so you never know.

Winston Ingram
16-02-2020, 09:16 PM
Genuinely hoping Flo does well at Sevco so we can swap him for Docherty

The Modfather
16-02-2020, 09:19 PM
They’re kind of drooling about Docherty on FF, saying they’re looking forward to him getting a chance at Ibrox. The better he plays with us, the more he will cement a place with the Huns. The only glimmer of hope I see is that Kamberi does well with them and we might be able to use him to work a deal for Docherty. By all accounts they were impressed with him today when he came on so you never know.

Rangers will be going all out spending money they probably don’t have to stop 10 in a row next season. So probably looking to cash in on guys like Docherty & Jordan Jones etc. Hopefully we can benefit from a few of those type of players.

tonyrougier123
16-02-2020, 09:27 PM
If we have to spend in the summer i hope the board intend to.
I think its plainly obvious where that cash should go if possible.

Zazu62
17-02-2020, 08:06 AM
Surely if we can offer 500k for Nisbet then we can do the same for Docherty

Wilson
17-02-2020, 08:32 AM

Aye, and with the same result probably - NO DEAL!

jacomo
17-02-2020, 08:53 AM

Er there’s a deal to be done... Kamberi + cash and we can start talking.

sleeping giant
17-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Can't see us getting him.
No way they will sell to us for a reasonable price if he does well.
Can't see them buying Kamberi either.

jacomo
17-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Can't see us getting him.
No way they will sell to us for a reasonable price if he does well.
Can't see them buying Kamberi either.

More fool them.

Everyone knows Kamberi is pure quality and was held back at Hibs by a papist conspiracy. Or something.

:wink:

AllyRae
17-02-2020, 10:30 AM
Docherty is on £12k a week at sevco, we can't come close to that unfortunately but would love him to take a wage cut for 1st team football.

Greenworld
17-02-2020, 11:15 AM
If we could do a straight swap with Kamberi then the wages could be addressed by way of a significant on fee however I fear he will have bigger fish to fry than Hibs

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

southern hibby
17-02-2020, 11:17 AM
What got me about him against Kilmarnock was not his energy, not his goal as both were top notch, but his desire to get to the Killie player and take a professional booking for the Hibs win. That from a player on loan in my opinion proves the lad is a winner.

GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
17-02-2020, 11:23 AM
Rangers want rid and we want to keep him, he'll sign a permanent deal in the summer.

Smartie
17-02-2020, 05:18 PM
Docherty is on £12k a week at sevco, we can't come close to that unfortunately but would love him to take a wage cut for 1st team football.

Was there not a story somewhere after the loan deals that Kamberi was supposedly on more than Docherty?

chrisski33
17-02-2020, 05:31 PM
If doc carries on the current form we wont sign him next season The Rangers will want a fee and i reckon clubs down south will be after him and will be able to offer him alot more in wages on top of tranfers than we can. But u never know!

Itsnoteasy
17-02-2020, 05:37 PM

I would agree. Never thought I would see a loanee as enthusiastic & give their all like Liam Henderson.

A credit to their profession.

Souter96Mac
17-02-2020, 05:45 PM
Reckon we should just splash the cash. Sign McNulty, Omeonga, docherty and McGinn. Stop 10iar, and win the Quadruple next season. Easy.

Aldo
17-02-2020, 05:49 PM
I wonder if a fee has been agreed should they decide to sell in the summer?? With a sell on clause etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
17-02-2020, 05:50 PM
I wonder if a fee has been agreed should they decide to sell in the summer?? With a sell on clause etc

Might be wrong but pretty sure it was said at the time of the deal that no future agreements were in place.

Billy Whizz
17-02-2020, 05:55 PM

Not sure about Docherty, but think I read that Rangers had a deal, in principle to sign Kamberi
Don’t think there was enough time to do it on deadline day

Aldo
17-02-2020, 05:57 PM
Might be wrong but pretty sure it was said at the time of the deal that no future agreements were in place.

Not sure about Docherty, but think I read that Rangers had a deal, in principle to sign Kamberi

Cheers for that!

Hermit Crab
17-02-2020, 06:00 PM
His passion at the end of yesterdays match in front of our fans is what we want to see, the lad clearly loves playing and scored a wonderful goal. I think he wants to stay and we should do all we can to sign him. What a difference from Middleton, superb attitude from Docherty. :top marks

Hermit Crab
17-02-2020, 06:01 PM

They won't want him permanently Billy.

Hibbyradge
17-02-2020, 06:09 PM
Reckon we should just splash the cash. Sign McNulty, Omeonga, docherty and McGinn. Stop 10iar, and win the Quadruple next season. Easy.

McGinn?

Aim Here
17-02-2020, 06:20 PM
McGinn?

I'm assuming he means John. We've already got Paul.

It would be a lot of cash we'd be splashing, but we get a discount on John because we won't need to pay ourselves the signing on fee.

Souter96Mac
17-02-2020, 07:42 PM
I'm assuming he means John. We've already got Paul.

It would be a lot of cash we'd be splashing, but we get a discount on John because we won't need to pay ourselves the signing on fee.

Yeah and he's injured so he'll only be worth £50mill which is pennies to our Ron.

JimBHibees
17-02-2020, 08:04 PM

Would be amazed if on that given he moved from Hamilton.

AllyRae
18-02-2020, 11:29 AM
Just going on what a family member said he was on, hopefully not and we can afford him because he seems to be a link we've been missing in midfield.

Liam978
18-02-2020, 11:44 AM
Just going on what a family member said he was on, hopefully not and we can afford him because he seems to be a link we've been missing in midfield.

Think we will just have to enjoy him whilst we can. The Bears are now desperate to have him back now that they see how he's performing. If only our Hibby's would turn out in their numbers like the bottom of the league team. we might then have a bargaining tool.

JXM73
18-02-2020, 11:53 AM
The way he celebrated after scoring against bsc won me round, his performances are starting to really show how good the lad is. Out of our price range, enjoy while we can.

AllyRae
18-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Watched him a bit at Hamilton as my couple of my pals are Accies fans and he was stand out for them, real quality. Surprised he's not made an impact at Sevco but there loss.....

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Think we will just have to enjoy him whilst we can. The Bears are now desperate to have him back now that they see how he's performing. If only our Hibby's would turn out in their numbers like the bottom of the league team. we might then have a bargaining tool.

That's the opposite to what I've heard.

He'll be a Hibs player next season.

Groathillgrump
18-02-2020, 02:09 PM
The posters who were pissed off about us doing business with the Huns on transfer deadline day have gone very quiet. :hmmm:

Docherty has shown that if a player comes to us with the right attitude it doesn't matter who his parent club is.

If our gaffer/recruitment team ever think a player from The Rangers can improve our team and help us target a top 4 finish then that's fine by me.

I just hope we can somehow manage to sign him up permanently because he's exactly what we've been missing in midfield.

Vault Boy
18-02-2020, 02:10 PM
In the SPFL TOTW. Josh Doig in it for the second week running.

Groathillgrump
18-02-2020, 02:33 PM
In the SPFL TOTW. Josh Doig in it for the second week running.

Yeah, I noticed that. Well done to Josh too.

The 90+2
18-02-2020, 02:38 PM

He won their player of the season award by the club and the supporters?

Heisenberg
18-02-2020, 02:44 PM
I think we only got him because of the Kamberi deal and will get to enjoy him till the summer. Back down south after that.