PDA

View Full Version : What’s the furthest we’ve finished ahead of Hearts?

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 05:31 PM
With us looking at probably finishing 25+ points ahead of Hearts this season, when was the last time we finished that far ahead?

16-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Last season? Nothing new against a post-financial doping hawrts

Cataplana
16-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Mind the gap you forelock tuggers.

blackpoolhibs
16-02-2020, 05:49 PM
A whole division.

hibsfan7
16-02-2020, 05:54 PM
well if we were to win every game and hearts lose all their games the gap would be 50 yes 50 points

murray26
16-02-2020, 05:55 PM

They’re still way overspending.. no doing them much good granted.

A Hi-Bee
16-02-2020, 05:57 PM
Who cares they are irrelevant **** the hertz
:thumbsup:

tonyrougier123
16-02-2020, 06:06 PM
With us looking at probably finishing 25+ points ahead of Hearts this season, when was the last time we finished that far ahead?

We will finnish above them thats the difference!

wookie70
16-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Win our next game and we finish above them guaranteed. If they lose on Friday we finish above them.

The 90+2
16-02-2020, 06:23 PM
Win our next game and we finish above them guaranteed. If they lose on Friday we finish above them.

They can actually still make the top six?

Since452
16-02-2020, 06:24 PM
One point or twenty it's the norm without financial shenanigans

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 06:33 PM

We were only 3 ahead last season. 25+ points of a difference must be the furthest we’ve finished ahead whilst in the same league in a hell of a long time.

Eyrie
16-02-2020, 06:36 PM
They can actually still make the top six?

If they win their remaining six games before the split (sorry - should have warned readers to put their coffee down first. Mop your keyboard.) then they'll be on 37 points.

We're sixth on "only" 36 points so it's mathematically possible.

Of course, they also need the five clubs in between us to lose most of their games as well.

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 06:40 PM
If they win their remaining six games before the split (sorry - should have warned readers to put their coffee down first. Mop your keyboard.) then they'll be on 37 points.

Of course, they also need the five clubs in between us to lose most of their games as well.

I'd imagine that certain combinations of fixtures would make this impossible, thus probably making it impossible for Hearts to get top 6.

HendoDelivered
16-02-2020, 06:46 PM
We finished miles ahead of them in the 5-5 Rangers game season, didn't we?

wookie70
16-02-2020, 06:46 PM
They can actually still make the top six? That is fairly obvious given we are sixth and I'm making a comparison about when we will finish above them. It is most likely we will be confirmed as finishing above them on Friday which must be the earliest in all my 46 years watching Hibs.

16-02-2020, 06:55 PM
If we'd only get rid of Hecky sooner we'd be a comfortable top 3 or 4 now.
As things stand we should easily be 20pts+ clear of them by the split.

One down side could be the match of 3 March being the final derby of the season.
And if they don't get the finger our the last derby until possibly Season 2021/22. :bye:

All the more reason we need to rip them a new one on the 3rd March.

BILLYHIBS
16-02-2020, 06:56 PM
Natural order!

Monts
16-02-2020, 06:56 PM

They would be guaranteed bottom six, but we wouldn't be guaranteed top six, so theoretically they could still go above us even if we win on Saturday. They won't obviously, but it's still possible.

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 06:58 PM
We finished miles ahead of them in the 5-5 Rangers game season, didn't we?

About 18 I think that season so it’ll be more this time round.

allezsauzee
16-02-2020, 07:07 PM
A whole division.

That'll be next season

wookie70
16-02-2020, 07:07 PM
They would be guaranteed bottom six, but we wouldn't be guaranteed top six, so theoretically they could still go above us even if we win on Saturday. They won't obviously, but it's still possible. Right enough. I'm counting chickens but today's game goes a long way.

California-Hibs
16-02-2020, 07:13 PM
4 years now above them, we're not just talking 2 or 3 seasons here. The new standard has set in, we're streets ahead of them. It'll definitely be a 20+ point gap this season as they are absolute gash!

danhibees1875
16-02-2020, 07:16 PM
4 years now above them, we're not just talking 2 or 3 seasons here. The new standard has set in, we're streets ahead of them. It'll definitely be a 20+ point gap this season as they are absolute gash!

It's only 3 is it not? :confused:

But the year the before we had quite a good season while winning the league, year before that we won the cup.

That's 5 years of having better seasons than them I'd say. :aok:

allezsauzee
16-02-2020, 07:25 PM
They are a long way behind us on and off the pitch and their belief that they are the big team is causing them to splash the money on high profile but injury prone or over the hill players & sub standard European imports. They signed an entire new team in the summer and now they are paying a fortune to Ze Daniel. Hilarious!

GreenLake
16-02-2020, 07:27 PM
Their stadium and pitch will be more fitting if they drop a division.

InchHibby
16-02-2020, 07:33 PM
If they get doused against St Mirren it’s definitely curtains for them, but who cares really, c’mon Hibs go for third spot, it’s turning into a good season.

Heisenberg
16-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Went on to see what Ewan Murray thought of it all on twitter. Always good for a laugh. This is his take on being told that Hibs are seventeen points ahead of Hearts.

“That’s a reflection on Hearts, not Hibs. Hibs’ wider position isn’t actually drastically different.”

What does that last bit even mean? Absolute lunatic.

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Went on to see what Ewan Murray thought of it all on twitter. Always good for a laugh. This is his take on being told that Hibs are seventeen points ahead of Hearts.

“That’s a reflection on Hearts, not Hibs. Hibs’ wider position isn’t actually drastically different.”

Hibs wider position isn't drastically different.. to Hearts.. who are bottom of the league, 17 points behind us, have a horrendous squad and a horrendous manager with a horrendous stadium and rent a training ground.

But other than that, our situations are probably pretty similar.

truehibernian
16-02-2020, 07:44 PM

How he remains a journalist is anyone's guess :faf: our wider (drastically different) position is many places above you Ewan and 17 points of a gap :aok: we're on the fairway Ewan, your team is very much in the rough :greengrin

He looks like Bod from kids telly too - give the lad a break :greengrin

Peevemor
16-02-2020, 08:14 PM
How he remains a journalist is anyone's guess :faf: our wider (drastically different) position is many places above you Ewan and 17 points of a gap :aok: we're on the fairway Ewan, your team is very much in the rough :greengrin

He looks like Bod from kids telly too - give the lad a break :greengrinThat's pretty apt, given that bod is gaelic slang for *****/knob/prick.

JimBHibees
17-02-2020, 06:57 AM

And no doubt some of the teams in between will still play each other. We play St Johnstone for example.

hibbysam
17-02-2020, 06:58 AM
38 points more in the 3 seasons we have been back up and counting. Welcome to reality!

green day
17-02-2020, 07:20 AM

It was my tweet that made him respond with that nonsense.

I then told him that we are picking up almost twice as many points per match under Ross than Hecky, and unsurprisingly he hasn't come back.

He is an imbecile.

Unlike my Heart's ST holding mate who says they are crap and going down.

Juniper Greens
17-02-2020, 07:27 AM
That is fairly obvious given we are sixth and I'm making a comparison about when we will finish above them. It is most likely we will be confirmed as finishing above them on Friday which must be the earliest in all my 46 years watching Hibs.

Except it won't, as we can still finish bottom six, which gives them an extra five games to catch us

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2020, 08:06 AM
(sorry - should have warned readers to put their coffee down first. Mop your keyboard.)

Has anyone ever witnessed this strange phenomenon?

Northernhibee
17-02-2020, 08:30 AM
Looking at their beige cardigans and Rover 75s, about twenty-five years.

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2020, 08:33 AM
Time for the "Natural Order" banner to make a re-appearance.

Kato
17-02-2020, 09:01 AM
It was my tweet that made him respond with that nonsense.

I then told him that we are picking up almost twice as many points per match under Ross than Hecky, and unsurprisingly he hasn't come back.

He is an imbecile.

Unlike my Heart's ST holding mate who says they are crap and going down.It sticks in his craw to say anything even slightly impartial regarding Hibs, so he just acts like the most rabid anti-Hibs Hearts fan in existence. You can tell what he really thinks by reversing what he says. A googly eyed-bam.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
17-02-2020, 09:12 AM

Simplistically your answer appears correct however you have to factor in the variables of other non Hearts and Hibs results over the next 6 weeks and apply the possible outcomes of point distribution to the equation and whilst not a rocket scientist I believe it is already impossible for them to make the top 6.

When they fail to beat St.Mirren on Friday the question becomes irrelevant😁