PDA

View Full Version : New Hibs kits

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 11:04 AM
Anyone heard anything on a new kit manufacturer?

Notice the macron deal ends this season. Would love to see Adidas or a return to le coq sportif.

Heisenberg
16-02-2020, 11:06 AM
Adidas would be my choice, template designs or not I think they’d look good.

IrnBru22
16-02-2020, 11:14 AM
I’d love if it was Umbro but I reckon we’ll extend macron.

Since452
16-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Adidas for me. A green and white version of Arsenal's would be stunning

04Sauzee
16-02-2020, 11:15 AM
I don't know why but i reckon it will be Luke. I'd be happy to extend with Macron

IrnBru22
16-02-2020, 11:18 AM
I don't know why but i reckon it will be Luke.

I hope not 😩😂

SteveHFC
16-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Adidas or Umbro for me.

Keyser Sauzee
16-02-2020, 11:20 AM
Think it might be Luke aswell, would like to see Adidas tho

.Sean.
16-02-2020, 11:30 AM
Umbro or Adidas please but I think it’ll be Luke.

If it is Luke then at least it’ll be bespoke.

Plain emerald body, white sleeves with black Adidas stripes down either the sleeves or the side of the body is the dream though

H18 SFR
16-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Who are these Luke folks that keep on getting mentioned?

sauzee=legend
16-02-2020, 11:36 AM
For me - all the Umbro strips I’ve seen recently look like basic strips you would see a Saturday or Sunday league amateur wear.

Adidas or Under Armour for me.

franck sauzee
16-02-2020, 11:44 AM
Luke did a good job with the Villa kits. I have a feeling also they will be our new kit designers just going by the amount we have plugged their leisure wear at the club shop and online marketing.

Carheenlea
16-02-2020, 11:44 AM
Stone Island would be excellent. £400 for a home shirt would help boost the revenue streams Ron Gordon talks of.

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 11:50 AM
If it’s luke then I can guarantee I won’t be getting one. Hideous stuff.

weecounty hibby
16-02-2020, 11:54 AM
Go full retro and get an Umbro early 80s design or Bukta late 70s

chasitup
16-02-2020, 11:55 AM
Not umbro for me, dull designs.

Pretty Boy
16-02-2020, 11:57 AM
I still want an Insave style white band across the home strip.

Not really bothered who makes the strips. Football strips are for playing football in imo. I accept others feel differently.

Renfrew_Hibby
16-02-2020, 12:02 PM
Umbro pretty poor IMO.

Should link up with the dudes who now supplies gear for Andy Murray, that way we could get loads of great pr when the brothers have a knock about in Hibs gear.

Would live to see Le coq sportive back as they are now providing some beautiful stuff for Fiorentina and others.

matty_f
16-02-2020, 12:03 PM
If it’s luke then I can guarantee I won’t be getting one. Hideous stuff.

What if it's really, really smart?

04Sauzee
16-02-2020, 12:07 PM

Villa fans loved thier luke strips, many if them woukd like Luke to supply them again.

04Sauzee
16-02-2020, 12:09 PM
For me - all the Umbro strips I’ve seen recently look like basic strips you would see a Saturday or Sunday league amateur wear.

Adidas or Under Armour for me.

Dont Under Armour do quite tight looking tops, not great for the more portly

StevesFamau5
16-02-2020, 12:12 PM
Dont Under Armour do quite tight looking tops, not great for the more portlyThat's been my problem with Macron. I should not have to wear a 3xl shirt and it still seems a little tight around the gut

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

hfc rd
16-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Adidas or New Balance

Wonder if we will have a shirt sponsor or stick with Hibernian Community Foundation?

.Sean.
16-02-2020, 12:19 PM
Umbro pretty poor IMO.

Should link up with the dudes who now supplies gear for Andy Murray, that way we could get loads of great pr when the brothers have a knock about in Hibs gear.

Would live to see Le coq sportive back as they are now providing some beautiful stuff for Fiorentina and others.
We’ll no be allowed a Le Coq Sportif kit - there’s a tiny bit of blue on the new Logo 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Speedway
16-02-2020, 12:28 PM
Umbro = awful
Macron = Not great
Luke = Non-Starter
Adidas = The choice of champions

BegbieHSC
16-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Adidas, Adidas, Adidas pls.

Weegreenman
16-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Adidas please. Been a while since I’ve really been excited by any of our home tops.

Michael
16-02-2020, 01:13 PM
Fruit of the Loom to be announced on Monday.

SteveHFC
16-02-2020, 01:14 PM
Dont Under Armour do quite tight looking tops, not great for the more portly

For skinny guys like myself. Under Armour would be perfect :greengrin

Greenbeard
16-02-2020, 02:13 PM
That's been my problem with Macron. I should not have to wear a 3xl shirt and it still seems a little tight around the gut

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the boost to my previously deflating body image confidence. I feel quite good now. :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2020, 02:20 PM
Jacamo has to be in with a shout for the replica kits.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2020, 02:21 PM
Anyone heard anything on a new kit manufacturer?

Notice the macron deal ends this season. Would love to see Adidas or a return to le coq sportif.

https://www.footy.com/p/le-coq-sportif-saint-etienne-mens-ss-home-shirt-2019-20/5d254b7b6a12020dc0bcc512

https://www.footy.com/p/le-coq-sportif-saint-etienne-mens-ss-away-shirt-2019-20/5d254b7c6a12020dc0bcc51a

Brightside
16-02-2020, 02:24 PM
Macron kit are always top quality.

LaMotta
16-02-2020, 02:27 PM
I still want an Insave style white band across the home strip.

Not really bothered who makes the strips. Football strips are for playing football in imo. I accept others feel differently.

That insave strip was a classic. A similar version is long overdue.

Adidas and Umbro have made our best kit designs since the invention of shiny strips. Not sure if Umbro still have it in them though.

The Modfather
I hear we’ve decided against having a shirt manufacturer and the players will have Hibs Community Foundation tattooed on their chests instead.

Hibs90
https://i.gyazo.com/1efaec1d8fd6b27f6ee81dfe8831fe83.png

In the Adidas teamwear catalogue..

supermcginn
16-02-2020, 02:28 PM
Anyone but macron.

Inconsequential
16-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Whoever the manufacturer of a new Hibs strip the chronic problem remains the same. Portly people wearing a sporting top with the obligatory trainers which is never a good look. Not an image the club would be proud of. Backlash expected from non lithe Hibees shortly....:agree:

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Whoever the manufacturer of a new Hibs strip the chronic problem remains the same. Portly people wearing a sporting top with the obligatory trainers which is never a good look. Not an image the club would be proud of. Backlash expected from non lithe Hibees shortly....:agree:

I'm a tubby ******* and would never wear a top for the above reasons

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 02:38 PM

I've seen enough Luke stuff to know that it's a certainty that won't be the case :greengrin

Inconsequential
16-02-2020, 02:43 PM
I'm a tubby ******* and would never wear a top for the above reasons Good for you Fuzzy, well done!

Peevemor
16-02-2020, 04:00 PM
That insave strip was a classic. A similar version is long overdue.

Adidas and Umbro have made our best kit designs since the invention of shiny strips. Not sure if Umbro still have it in them though.The LCS 6-2 strip was better than either IMO.

Itsnoteasy
16-02-2020, 04:34 PM
The LCS 6-2 strip was better than either IMO.

Aye the XXL fitted John Oneil ďown to the ground.

hibstag
16-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Anyone but macron.

I think it's all tied into who runs the club shop and it will be up to them who provides the strips hibs don't deal directly with manufacturers. I'm sure we are in partnership with the company that the SRU work with

LaMotta
16-02-2020, 04:43 PM
The LCS 6-2 strip was better than either IMO.

Aye the XXL fitted John Oneil ďown to the ground.

A lot of people liked it but as gorgiegreens says it looked ridiculous cos of the way it fit everyone. It was even too big for Mixu:greengrin

Perd Hapley
16-02-2020, 04:48 PM
I fear that Adidas would just give us the same rehashed templates they've been palming off on the Dons for years - would take Under Armour ideally but I'd also settle for:

Umbro
Luke (the Villa kit last year was a good effort apart from being almost exclusively maroon and the away kit was rather nice)
Hummel (I know, Jambo/hun connotations but they can do a nice kit)
New Balance (similar unfortunate Celtic/Liverpool vibes but again they've done pretty well with both over the years - the Celtic kit with the gold details a couple years back almost didn't make me recoil in disgust and the two-tone green polo thing was actually quite nice imo)
Le Coq Sportif

Moving onto style, I'd prefer the darker green tbh but more than anything I'd love to see us experiment again with some kind of two-tone design involving contrasting shades of green - last season's seemed to divide folk (I personally was a fan) but I think there's a lot more potential to explore - maybe a darker green with a PSG-style lighter stripe up the front?

One can dream

PS: no offence to the company but no short sponsor like this again please. Not even particularly against the idea of a shorts sponsor but if it looks cheap it cheapens the rest of the design

Renfrew_Hibby
First kit I can remember was the Adidas P&D windows efforts from roughly 1987.
I first remember seeing them in the window of Smiths (intersport) in Ayr, I was about 9 years old and I thought both home and away were absolutely gorgeous, especially the white away.

Bristolhibby
A lot of people liked it but as gorgiegreens says it looked ridiculous cos of the way it fit everyone. It was even too big for Mixu:greengrin

Kits were just bigger then.

IIRC it was made of well thick material. Remember being at uni at the time and wearing it to a lecture. I had been on the batter the night before and wore that top. Was spinning out with the heat of the thing. Had to go to the bogs and strip out of it to cool off.

Smart strip nonetheless.

J

calumhibee1
16-02-2020, 04:49 PM
I fear that Adidas would just give us the same rehashed templates they've been palming off on the Dons for years - would take Under Armour ideally but I'd also settle for:

Umbro
Luke (the Villa kit last year was a good effort apart from being almost exclusively maroon and the away kit was rather nice)
Hummel (I know, Jambo/hun connotations but they can do a nice kit)
New Balance (similar unfortunate Celtic/Liverpool vibes but again they've done pretty well with both over the years - the Celtic kit with the gold details a couple years back almost didn't make me recoil in disgust and the two-tone green polo thing was actually quite nice imo)
Le Coq Sportif

Moving onto style, I'd prefer the darker green tbh but more than anything I'd love to see us experiment again with some kind of two-tone design involving contrasting shades of green - last season's seemed to divide folk (I personally was a fan) but I think there's a lot more potential to explore - maybe a darker green with a PSG-style lighter stripe up the front?

One can dream

An Adidas template would still look outstanding in our colours. The likes of Aberdeen’s look ***** cause it’s all one colour so looks like a training top.

bod
16-02-2020, 04:55 PM
Would love an old style admiral type

Iain G
16-02-2020, 04:56 PM
I just want something clean, straightforward without all the fussy detailing macron seemed to have liked to add in!

SanFranHibs
16-02-2020, 05:01 PM
Without all the advertising I quite like the Leon top.

Peevemor
16-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Without all the advertising I quite like the Leon top.

23011Advertising? Can't see what you mean.

LustForLeith
16-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Kappa please

whiskyhibby
16-02-2020, 05:41 PM
Stone Island would be excellent. £400 for a home shirt would help boost the revenue streams Ron Gordon talks of.

😂😂😂

cameronw-hfc
16-02-2020, 05:51 PM
The luke kits were my favourite villa kits in years. Their leisure wear isnt everyones style but their kits were brilloant

GreenCastle
16-02-2020, 06:16 PM
Staying with Macron as far as I’m aware.

16-02-2020, 06:21 PM
Who is Luke?!

hibbyfraelibby
16-02-2020, 06:26 PM
Clan House anyone?

Green-Hibee-7
16-02-2020, 06:32 PM
Macron use my work for some financial services. I was over in Italy in the summer when I saw the third kit on display before it was released back here.

From the macron rep I spoke too, there is a boy who basically buys the rights to selling Hibs merchandise from the shop and online and Hibs get a cut. He’s basically got a working relationship with a number of kit suppliers. He has macron, Adidas, Puma all on his books and from that he sits down with them and discusses the kits and order numbers etc. From what I’m told, it will be Macron for next season as well. We are unlikely to get Adidas because apparently with them you need to order a bulk number from the get go and you cannot go back to either reduce or increase numbers. Macron allow orders constantly. Big financial risk for him to try and get Adidas if it’s a flop. All this from a macron orientated position mind you.

I would like personally new balance or under armour.

greenlex
16-02-2020, 07:14 PM
The luke kits were my favourite villa kits in years. Their leisure wear isnt everyones style but their kits were brilloant

Not that wirebrush type material. Horrific on the nipples.

16-02-2020, 07:43 PM
Staying with Macron as far as I’m aware.

Hope not. Even my son's stopped asking for a shirt since we introduced Macron.

EI255
16-02-2020, 07:54 PM
I don't know why but i reckon it will be Luke. I'd be happy to extend with MacronTacky. I hope not.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
16-02-2020, 07:55 PM
Who are these Luke folks that keep on getting mentioned?Weird designer from England with a horrible logo. A seahorse or summin! Rubbish.

EI255
16-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Stone Island would be excellent. £400 for a home shirt would help boost the revenue streams Ron Gordon talks of.Stone Island Hibernians Project?

TelaStella
16-02-2020, 08:58 PM
My favourite discussion! My take on what I’ve seen so far is...

Adidas should be No1 target, best kit designs out there in the world right now (template or other) and we’ve seen what they can do with green and white before, really it’s a no brainier and I will guarantee whatever should be produced would be the fastest selling kit we’ve launched in a seriously long time.

Failing that I’d like to see Umbro, always liked the way the do kits and again good track record with us previously, looking over the city they haven’t exactly done a bad jobs with the gunts these past few seasons excusing that effin colour of course.

Otherwise I’m open to New Balance as a couple have mentioned and perhaps even going back to Nike who next season are dropping their template design system giving clubs a much bigger say on how they should like their kits to look. Personally always liked what they gave us anyway except that obvious championship top we won’t discus and surely would be an interesting prospect to see what more we could do with them given their new process?

Big naws would be Luke (absolutely naw btw) macron again which sadly I fear will be the case and lastly this chat of under armour? Who have an absolutely stinking record when it comes to fitbaw tops. Can the UA enthusiasts on here please point out why they think suddenly they’d be such an exciting partner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-02-2020, 10:37 PM
Adidas. Every single time.

LaMotta
17-02-2020, 04:46 AM

Adidas should be No1 target, best kit designs out there in the world right now (template or other) and we’ve seen what they can do with green and white before, really it’s a no brainier and I will guarantee whatever should be produced would be the fastest selling kit we’ve launched in a seriously long time.

Failing that I’d like to see Umbro, always liked the way the do kits and again good track record with us previously, looking over the city they haven’t exactly done a bad jobs with the gunts these past few seasons excusing that effin colour of course.

Otherwise I’m open to New Balance as a couple have mentioned and perhaps even going back to Nike who next season are dropping their template design system giving clubs a much bigger say on how they should like their kits to look. Personally always liked what they gave us anyway except that obvious championship top we won’t discus and surely would be an interesting prospect to see what more we could do with them given their new process?

Big naws would be Luke (absolutely naw btw) macron again which sadly I fear will be the case and lastly this chat of under armour? Who have an absolutely stinking record when it comes to fitbaw tops. Can the UA enthusiasts on here please point out why they think suddenly they’d be such an exciting partner?

A fine post, agree with every word.

Since452
17-02-2020, 05:46 AM
I don't buy replica kits anymore and haven't for a long time but if we had Adidas I'd have to reconsider

flash
17-02-2020, 06:36 AM
As long as it looks smart who cares what name is on it?

SquashedFrogg
17-02-2020, 06:47 AM
As long as it looks smart who cares what name is on it?

Totally with this. Might be my age, but I couldn't care less what logo is on it.

flash
17-02-2020, 06:50 AM
Totally with this. Might be my age, but I couldn't care less what logo is on it.

Aye us auld buggers are past the label nonsense!

Smartie
17-02-2020, 06:59 AM
I’ve not had a Hibs top since the lime (?) green away one and I’m unlikely to ever wear another one.

It’s a young man’s game that, although I have lost a wee bit of weight so it wouldn’t look as offensive as it would have at Christmas.

It will all be about the ££££££££ - the crap we can produce the cheapest and sell for the most. If that generates maximum revenue for players fit to wear the badge then I’m happy.

Brightside
17-02-2020, 08:18 AM
Adidas kits are stinking. Never understood why people like them so much.

Carheenlea
17-02-2020, 08:41 AM
The badge on the left will always be more important than the one on the right for me. A lot of people like branded gear and will be label led even with replica football tops, so going with a popular manufacturer like Adidas would be a guaranteed big seller for the club along with the associated leisure and training wear, but not something that excites me too much.

The only branded items I really wear are a Lacoste polo shirt and a few Fred Perry’s - would love either to make a Hibs kit but never going to happen sadly. Don’t mind the macron kits to be fair and liked the Nike ones before.

Greenbeard
17-02-2020, 09:42 AM
Not that wirebrush type material. Horrific on the nipples.
Really? Like wirebrush on the nipples?
Where can I buy one?

EI255
17-02-2020, 09:56 AM
Adidas kits are stinking. Never understood why people like them so much.Yeah, they were class in the 80s (Trefoil), not nowadays though.

Vault Boy
17-02-2020, 09:57 AM
Adidas kits are stinking. Never understood why people like them so much.

I agree honestly. Their templates are boring as they come and when the likes of Man United aren't really getting a unique kit, what chances do we have.

An Adidas Hibs strip in 2020 would probably be fine, our colours are a thing of beauty and sometimes simplicity is best, however I wouldn't agree with the clamour to sign up with them.

I think the 1st and 3rd season macron strips have been excellent.

Anthony Soprano
17-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Anything's better than the nike kits we had in the championship, cheap, thin material.

Personally don't mind the macron kits too much, under armour would be a good shout.

Jones28
17-02-2020, 10:25 AM
I like Macron.

Since90+2
17-02-2020, 10:29 AM
I agree honestly. Their templates are boring as they come and when the likes of Man United aren't really getting a unique kit, what chances do we have.

An Adidas Hibs strip in 2020 would probably be fine, our colours are a thing of beauty and sometimes simplicity is best, however I wouldn't agree with the clamour to sign up with them.

I think the 1st and 3rd season macron strips have been excellent.

I'd find it hard to believe Man Utd aren't getting a unique kit. The deal is worth 750 million quid.

Vault Boy
17-02-2020, 10:49 AM
I'd find it hard to believe Man Utd aren't getting a unique kit. The deal is worth 750 million quid.

Not exclusively AFAIK, it might have been deigned for them but other teams have the same template.

For example their home kit is almost identical in design to Sheffield United's, their away kit is very similar to Aberdeen's third. Their away top has a unique pattern but the template is the same as Real Madrid and many others.

mcohibs
17-02-2020, 12:08 PM
One thing I have noticed is that the quality and range of training gear/ leisurewear has improved a lot since Macron have been our shirt sponsor. I don't know whether this is necessarily Macron's input or whether the club themselves decided to offer more options but I've been impressed with the range of stuff on offer last few seasons. Hopefully this continues regardless of who our kit manufacturer is for next season.

On a side note, I've always thought a Hibs kit with green shorts and white socks would look quite smart although I may be in the minority on that one :greengrin Man Utd used to use all four variations of black and white shorts/ socks combos during the same season - not sure if this more to do with what the opposition were wearing but might be interesting to mix it up a bit

TheGreenMan
17-02-2020, 12:27 PM
Nike 3rd kits this season with a few teams have went for a 'vintage' Nike design. No idea why Adidas dont do that for whoever they sponsor and have the away kits or 3rd kits as the old Adidas originals Trefoil proper retro designs. Even adding leisure wear in the same style, they'd make a fortune off football fans. People are paying 100s of pounds for these old style kits these days on eBay and the likes.

SteveHFC
17-02-2020, 12:34 PM
Nike 3rd kits this season with a few teams have went for a 'vintage' Nike design. No idea why Adidas dont do that for whoever they sponsor and have the away kits or 3rd kits as the old Adidas originals Trefoil proper retro designs. Even adding leisure wear in the same style, they'd make a fortune off football fans. People are paying 100s of pounds for these old style kits these days on eBay and the likes.

Yep the Nike third kits this season are tidy.

mcohibs
17-02-2020, 12:42 PM

I think in terms of the old style Adidas, part of the reason people are willing to pay so much for it is because it is harder to come by. Start mass producing that style again and it loses its retro tag, becomes less saught after and therefore less valuable as a product.

Northern Hibby
17-02-2020, 12:42 PM
whoever it is as long as they do a good range of decent training tops, at 53 I feel to old for actual football tops but always like to wear a training top to the Gym in Inverness :greengrin

Keith_M
17-02-2020, 01:21 PM
I'm still waiting for the Dark Blue (Scottish international shade) away shirt.

Maybe next season.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-02-2020, 01:42 PM

Maybe next season.

With an all silver hibs badge

That would be smart

LancsHibs
17-02-2020, 01:54 PM
Would love an old style admiral type

Good shout, or an old school Umbro

Hibee Ryan
17-02-2020, 02:00 PM
A little bit of googling and this kits appears to be Adidas' template design choice for next season according to this article; https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/06/adidas-regista-20-template-20-21-season.html

As I wouldn't imagine Hibs getting a unique design then that would potentially be either our home or away kit if we were to go with them.

Jones28
17-02-2020, 02:00 PM

Maybe next season.

Get the Killie strips from this season. They look smart af.

Peevemor
17-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Get the Killie strips from this season. They look smart af.

F*** that - they're blue!

Vault Boy
17-02-2020, 02:06 PM

Yeah, nah. Black and silver is nice and has worked on Hibs strips before, just go with that.

Hibbyradge
17-02-2020, 02:13 PM

Maybe next season.

Green sleeves and details.

Jones28
17-02-2020, 02:20 PM

For an away top? We used to have dark blue training wear that looked great.

Hanlon
17-02-2020, 03:14 PM
https://www.worldcupshirt.store/football-apparel/borussia-dortmund/men's-borussia-dortmund-19-julian-brandt-black-yellow-cup-official-jersey.jpg

Always thought this would look class with a white chest and green body. A nice change to just white sleeves

SteveHFC
17-02-2020, 11:03 PM
Kappa would be great.

JackHibs
18-02-2020, 12:51 AM
Quite happy with Macron they have went outside the box a couple of times which has been good!

I think the main thing that needs addressed next season is to make sure we have sufficient goalie kits - it frustrates me every time i see Marciano in the purple away kit :confused:

AndyM_1875
18-02-2020, 08:17 AM

That would be smart

That was one of the best Scotland shirts ever made. Adidas really hit it out the park and the last one was good too.
Shame the current one is such a disaster and very unpopular with the TA.

I wouldn't be averse to a dark ink blue away top like that Scotland kit.
We now have 3 kits every year, Green, light and dark so we can change it about as much as we want.

Dibben
18-02-2020, 08:26 AM
If we got Adidas (if Adidas got us), I wonder if they would do a retro 91-92 away top for next season??

Keith_M
18-02-2020, 08:42 AM

That would be smart

Maybe if I offer to sponsor the shirts next season, they might just give me that

😌

Pretty Boy
18-02-2020, 08:52 AM
Hopefully whoever gets the deal does the 3rd kit with the fans names on it justice.

The Hearts FOH kit was awful so hopefully we do a better job.

Since452
18-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Hopefully whoever gets the deal does the 3rd kit with the fans names on it justice.

Forgot about that. First top I'll have bought in over a decade

BlackSheep
18-02-2020, 09:11 AM
I think the 3rd Kit will likely be similar to the Hearts one... which IMO wasn't that bad.

Carheenlea
18-02-2020, 11:28 AM
Threads like this give our partners in life all the ammunition they need to ridicule our passion for all things Hibs. Some big games, great goals and exciting players - yes they’ll get that, but middle aged men starting to think about next seasons strips in February..? :hilarious

Looking forward to the mock-ups already (which invariably are always far better than the end product)

Perd Hapley
19-02-2020, 12:17 AM

Good build quality and more hits than misses in terms of design imo - some very nice designs in recent years for Spurs (the sash kit and the one with the double piped trimmings spring to mind, likewise a navy/gold away kit that was rather nice), Aston Villa, St Pauli, Fluminense and São Paolo; also the inverted Ajax-style effort for Southampton the other year which I was a fan of (albeit admittedly the weird black shoulder-block thing they have this season is a bit of a disaster). When they keep it simple they're hard to beat imho

Anyway I think they'd do a good job and with them you could expect build quality every bit as good as Macron and in all likelihood better than Nike or Adidas - not that the latter are shoddy these days by any means but I feel most folk who've compared kit between manufacturers will agree Under Armour are usually second to none

Keith_M
19-02-2020, 08:28 AM
Threads like this give our partners in life all the ammunition they need to ridicule our passion for all things Hibs. Some big games, great goals and exciting players - yes they’ll get that, but middle aged men starting to think about next seasons strips in February..? :hilarious

Looking forward to the mock-ups already (which invariably are always far better than the end product)

Come on, some of us don't get much fun in life.

Don't spoil it

😋

Brightside
19-02-2020, 08:40 AM
A little bit of googling and this kits appears to be Adidas' template design choice for next season according to this article; https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/06/adidas-regista-20-template-20-21-season.html

As I wouldn't imagine Hibs getting a unique design then that would potentially be either our home or away kit if we were to go with them.

Thats really horrible.

Jones28
19-02-2020, 09:45 AM

I remember seeing it in the flesh once, it was absolutely god awful.

Did they ever wear it in a match?

BlackSheep
19-02-2020, 09:50 AM
I remember seeing it in the flesh once, it was absolutely god awful.

Did they ever wear it in a match?

Out of interest, what was so bad about it?

There's not a lot you can do if you want the strip to incorporate thousands of names... I think they did a good job of having the naems, making them legiible and keeping the kit on brand (grey away/3rd strips are not unusual for hearts).

Jones28
19-02-2020, 09:53 AM

There's not a lot you can do if you want the strip to incorporate thousands of names... I think they did a good job of having the naems, making them legiible and keeping the kit on brand (grey away/3rd strips are not unusual for hearts).

It looked like the boy had wrapped himself in newspaper.

BlackSheep
19-02-2020, 10:48 AM
It looked like the boy had wrapped himself in newspaper.

What would be your suggestion to display the names?

The dark grey text on a light grey shirt makes the kit look overall a mid grey from distance... remember that the kit needs to be used in games as well as appease thousands of fans.

LaMotta
19-02-2020, 10:53 AM
build quality[/B] every bit as good as Macron and in all likelihood better than Nike or Adidas - not that the latter are shoddy these days by any means but I feel most folk who've compared kit between manufacturers will agree Under Armour are usually second to none

It's a football top, not a Lexus RX MkIII :greengrin:greengrin

Pretty Boy
19-02-2020, 11:11 AM

It was the colour that was awful. It looked like a soggy newspaper.

I remember Man Utd having a blue and white strip with the names of club legends on it in the 90s so I assume there are no colour restrictions. Even a brighter silver with the names in a different shade would have looked better than what they ended up with. Personally I hope Hibs go with something green rather than trying to be clever and ending up with something drab.

The man Utd kit is here which highlights what I mean about having the names in different shades to the base colour:

https://www.adverts.ie/memorabilia/manchester-united-blue-white-away-jersey-shirt-1995-1996-1997-eric-cantona-ls/15428321

Spudster
19-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Macron use my work for some financial services. I was over in Italy in the summer when I saw the third kit on display before it was released back here.

From the macron rep I spoke too, there is a boy who basically buys the rights to selling Hibs merchandise from the shop and online and Hibs get a cut. He’s basically got a working relationship with a number of kit suppliers. He has macron, Adidas, Puma all on his books and from that he sits down with them and discusses the kits and order numbers etc. From what I’m told, it will be Macron for next season as well. We are unlikely to get Adidas because apparently with them you need to order a bulk number from the get go and you cannot go back to either reduce or increase numbers. Macron allow orders constantly. Big financial risk for him to try and get Adidas if it’s a flop. All this from a macron orientated position mind you.

I would like personally new balance or under armour.

Very interesting. Would explain why Aberdeen's kits (which aren't templates as people are saying) are available in their club shop at the end of the season for peanuts. They've had to commit to the numbers at the start of the season so likely over produced and have to clear the stock.
Also with people asking for the old style trefoil badge from Adidas it can't be. Adidas Originals (trefoil) cannot be technical product it can only be lifestyle products. If it's technical product it has to have the performance badge.
Nike have done the opposite this season though by putting the Nike Sportswear (lifestyle products) logo (called futura) on some of their technical products.

hibbyfraelibby
19-02-2020, 02:26 PM
To be honest replica kits are for kids or the terminally immature. The sight of middle aged to early elderly males trying to pull off the denims and footie top look, especially where beer bellies/pie vaults are a factor, is quite cringy.

That said it represents a useful revenue stream😉⚽️😁

Jones28
19-02-2020, 02:33 PM
What would be your suggestion to display the names?

The dark grey text on a light grey shirt makes the kit look overall a mid grey from distance... remember that the kit needs to be used in games as well as appease thousands of fans.

White on darkish green. Easy.

MyJo
19-02-2020, 02:49 PM

That's actually not bad and could look smart with the light green body and predominantly white sleeves but with the fade effect done with dark green (ie on the picture in the link the red bit of the sleeve being white and the white bit being dark green)

If we were getting an adidas kit I would love to see a hibs version of the style used for a lot of the MLS kits this season.......reminds me of the old green Liverpool away kit that I thought looked amazing back in the day.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/01/seattle-sounders-2020-home-kit.html

matty_f
19-02-2020, 03:30 PM
Would think it's definitely going to be Macron again, given HSL are putting a third strip our with members' names on it. I think that would already have been agreed with the manufacturer.

EI255
19-02-2020, 07:06 PM
Get the Killie strips from this season. They look smart af.Why did Kilmarnock shift from Hoops to Stripes? I remember shafting them 8-1 in their Hoops in 1983 [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Clarence
19-02-2020, 07:36 PM
If we got Adidas (if Adidas got us), I wonder if they would do a retro 91-92 away top for next season??

A green version of the current arsenal strip would be good

LaMotta
19-02-2020, 07:42 PM
That's actually not bad and could look smart with the light green body and predominantly white sleeves but with the fade effect done with dark green (ie on the picture in the link the red bit of the sleeve being white and the white bit being dark green)

If we were getting an adidas kit I would love to see a hibs version of the style used for a lot of the MLS kits this season.......reminds me of the old green Liverpool away kit that I thought looked amazing back in the day.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/01/seattle-sounders-2020-home-kit.html

Great Adidas kit for a Hibs top IMO is the current Arsenal one:

LaMotta
19-02-2020, 07:47 PM
A green version of the current arsenal strip would be good

Oops never seen this before I posted:greengrin

EI255
19-02-2020, 08:24 PM

23023Meh. That's really uninspiring.

supermcginn
19-02-2020, 09:52 PM
Meh. That's really uninspiring.

A green version of that would be our highest selling top ever. Great strip.

Diclonius
19-02-2020, 09:56 PM
I hate these threads because some amazing mockups get posted before we're all disappointed by the final product.

Carheenlea
20-02-2020, 09:06 AM
Meh. That's really uninspiring.

I like it - Simple and unfussy, like our best kits always have been. That would fly off the shelves.

Jones28
20-02-2020, 09:22 AM

Boring. Really really boring.

This years is nicer but the brand snobbishness around Macron means there’s a bias against it IMO

ChrissyG1875
20-02-2020, 12:02 PM

23023That is absolutely beautiful and would be one of our best ever strips imo however the difference of opinion over the last few posts show how hard it is to please everyone.

One man's simple is another man's boring. For me the first 2 seasons of Macron were horrible, far too much going on but if I remember correctly everyone loved the first ones and we sold a record amount.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

oldbutdim
20-02-2020, 01:34 PM
It's rumoured that Adidas are going to announce a mega deal with our imitators out west.
Presumably there is a great deal of money to be made in green and grey hoops, or derivatives thereof.

That puts me off a bit, as I'd favoured Adidas before hearing this.

PeckythePenguin
22-02-2020, 10:31 AM
East Fife have launched an online poll letting supporters vote for what home strip they want out of 4 options: https://eftv.info/east-fife-strip-poll/

Do you think Hibs would ever do something similar? I remember we got to vote on a Emerald Green or Bottle Green a few seasons back.

Helensburghhibs
22-02-2020, 10:39 AM
East Fife have launched an online poll letting supporters vote for what home strip they want out of 4 options: https://eftv.info/east-fife-strip-poll/

Do you think Hibs would ever do something similar? I remember we got to vote on a Emerald Green or Bottle Green a few seasons back.

The only issue that I cam see with this is I've just managed to vote on the east Fife strip without being a supporter. I actually voted for the one I like but it seems open to interference from other clubs fans

04Sauzee
22-02-2020, 10:55 AM
The only issue that I cam see with this is I've just managed to vote on the east Fife strip without being a supporter. I actually voted for the one I like but it seems open to interference from other clubs fans

I just voted for the worst one, feel bad but its a crackpot idea unless you can guarantee only fans of your club can vote

tamig
22-02-2020, 10:57 AM
Boring. Really really boring.

This years is nicer but the brand snobbishness around Macron means there’s a bias against it IMO

Agreed. I’ve got a few of our late 80s early 90s Adidas tops and they were fantastic. The new Adidas designs do nothing for me. They keep changing the placement of the iconic stripes. They should go all the way from collar to cuff imo. Instead we have the Arsenal look with the stripes cut short at the shoulder and others where the stripes are down the sides of the body from the armpit. And I like v-neck collars, but the current Arsenal one is poor.

Macron have been pretty innovative and have done us well so far.

Eyrie
22-02-2020, 11:27 AM
I just voted for the worst one, feel bad but its a crackpot idea unless you can guarantee only fans of your club can vote

I think Hibs would be better placed than East Fife to do that, as happens when we vote for supporters' directors.

Vault Boy
22-02-2020, 11:30 AM

I did the same and it turns out that was the most popular one by far. Fashion is subjective and all that. :greengrin

ScottB
22-02-2020, 12:10 PM
Agreed. I’ve got a few of our late 80s early 90s Adidas tops and they were fantastic. The new Adidas designs do nothing for me. They keep changing the placement of the iconic stripes. They should go all the way from collar to cuff imo. Instead we have the Arsenal look with the stripes cut short at the shoulder and others where the stripes are down the sides of the body from the armpit. And I like v-neck collars, but the current Arsenal one is poor.

Macron have been pretty innovative and have done us well so far.

There was actually a dispute a few years back between Adidas and other kit makers that’s led to the ‘shrunken’ stripes; it was successfully argued that the stripes are part of Adidas branding, and therefore it was unfair that they got far more branding space on kits than say, Nike or Macron do. Ever since we see shorter stripes that are just on the shoulders, sleeves or sides, rather than the old full arm efforts.

Renfrew_Hibby
22-02-2020, 12:33 PM
There was actually a dispute a few years back between Adidas and other kit makers that’s led to the ‘shrunken’ stripes; it was successfully argued that the stripes are part of Adidas branding, and therefore it was unfair that they got far more branding space on kits than say, Nike or Macron do. Ever since we see shorter stripes that are just on the shoulders, sleeves or sides, rather than the old full arm efforts.

I always thought that adidas took the Michael a bit with full stripes, so Nike and the rest did do something about it after all.

ChrissyG1875
22-02-2020, 01:10 PM
There was actually a dispute a few years back between Adidas and other kit makers that’s led to the ‘shrunken’ stripes; it was successfully argued that the stripes are part of Adidas branding, and therefore it was unfair that they got far more branding space on kits than say, Nike or Macron do. Ever since we see shorter stripes that are just on the shoulders, sleeves or sides, rather than the old full arm efforts.That's madness. Surely if Nike wanted to they could put ticks up the sleeves? Do hummel not have their arrows on the sleeves?

tamig
22-02-2020, 01:17 PM
Never knew that so thanks for the explanation. However, how does that stack up with Hummel - as another poster mentions? Also, have Umbro not reintroduced their double diamond stripes into some of their new kits and do Kappa not still have their logo all the way down sleeves?

Edit - just had a look online and it does look like the other brands have shortened the area their logos occupy. Cheers.

wallpaperman
25-02-2020, 05:33 PM
Can I ask a probably dumb question?

Will there definitely be a new home strip for next season, with the Macron deal being up. Even if they stay with Macron assume there will be new home strip?

Daughter has the purple strip and weighing up getting the home one for her birthday, but not sure if worth it if it will be shortly out of date (and no doubt half price).

Jones28
25-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Can I ask a probably dumb question?

Will there definitely be a new home strip for next season, with the Macron deal being up. Even if they stay with Macron assume there will be new home strip?

Daughter has the purple strip and weighing up getting the home one for her birthday, but not sure if worth it if it will be shortly out of date (and no doubt half price).

I would put my mortgage, and your mortgage, and everyone else’s mortgage on there being a new kit next season, even if we do stay with Macron.

Just hold off until the tail end of the season and get her this seasons one and the third top for a fraction of the price.

wallpaperman
25-02-2020, 05:42 PM
I would put my mortgage, and your mortgage, and everyone else’s mortgage on there being a new kit next season, even if we do stay with Macron.

Just hold off until the tail end of the season and get her this seasons one and the third top for a fraction of the price.

Cheers mate, used to be until recently that they would keep a strip for at least two years, but no longer. Might have to bite the bullet as her birthday is soon.

We got the white away strip for £15 last summer in the sale, really like that one.

Need to get her the 3rd strip next season, after all it will have her Dad’s name on it somewhere (probably in the armpit) 😀😏

Jones28
25-02-2020, 06:01 PM
Cheers mate, used to be until recently that they would keep a strip for at least two years, but no longer. Might have to bite the bullet as her birthday is soon.

We got the white away strip for £15 last summer in the sale, really like that one.

Need to get her the 3rd strip next season, after all it will have her Dad’s name on it somewhere (probably in the armpit) 😀😏

Not having a go but when was the last time we did? Was it the millennium derby/6-2 kit?

I sometimes pick one up for gym/5’s but it might have to be both this year, just cos they’re lovely!

Mines will be on it somewhere too, near the arse.

wallpaperman
25-02-2020, 09:02 PM
Not having a go but when was the last time we did? Was it the millennium derby/6-2 kit?

I sometimes pick one up for gym/5’s but it might have to be both this year, just cos they’re lovely!

Mines will be on it somewhere too, near the arse.

Sure you are right, probably a long, long time since they’ve had the same kit two years in a row.

I haven’t paid all that much attention to kits as not something I’ve bought as an adult, and only started paying attention again now that my daughter is interested.

LaMotta
25-02-2020, 09:33 PM
That is absolutely beautiful and would be one of our best ever strips imo however the difference of opinion over the last few posts show how hard it is to please everyone.

One man's simple is another man's boring. For me the first 2 seasons of Macron were horrible, far too much going on but if I remember correctly everyone loved the first ones and we sold a record amount.

Agree mate there's no accounting for taste :greengrin

I think if we ended up with an Adidas strip like that it would easily break all records.

2 change kits exactly the same design. One white with green sleeves, one black with green sleeves. Wonderful!

King Cosell
26-02-2020, 02:16 PM
Kilmarnock & Hummel have joined forces. I'd be happy with that.

Renfrew_Hibby
26-02-2020, 04:05 PM
Quite keen on hummel. Very reto for me as a boy in the '80s, those classic hummel strips of that era are very fondly remembered.

bod
26-02-2020, 04:07 PM
Quite keen on hummel. Very reto for me as a boy in the '80s, those classic hummel strips of that era are very fondly remembered.

loved the Denmark one

Renfrew_Hibby
26-02-2020, 04:11 PM
loved the Denmark one

Yeah, 1st memories of football was Mexico 86, Michael Laudrup and all that!

Alex Trager
26-02-2020, 04:13 PM

Can get all three for the price of one when they are reduced.

TelaStella
26-02-2020, 04:28 PM
On the chat of Hummel if anyone’s wanting an idea of what it could potentially look like see the huns game on BT sport right now. That Braga strip in green would be my best bet

LaMotta
26-02-2020, 07:45 PM
Hummell strips of the 80s were decent.

The ones they produce nowadays are bogging. Weird collars usually. Their association with Huns and Hearts isn't pleasant either :greengrin The Huns tops have been awful.

Lancs Harp
26-02-2020, 07:57 PM
We're Hibs we rule supreme lets face it we'd look good in Primarni :greengrin

CL0762
26-02-2020, 08:19 PM
Sure you are right, probably a long, long time since they’ve had the same kit two years in a row.

I haven’t paid all that much attention to kits as not something I’ve bought as an adult, and only started paying attention again now that my daughter is interested.

Millennium derby/6-2 were 2 different kits.

6-2 strip was first with the current badge and we had that for 2 years then went to a new strip every season.

thorbs
27-02-2020, 03:28 PM
It was the end of March when the Macron deal was announced, so any new deal with Macron or a new kit supplier I think it'll be in the next few weeks.

BegbieHSC
27-02-2020, 03:48 PM
Adidas or we riot!!!

JammyDoidger
27-02-2020, 04:50 PM
Feels like I've been waiting on Adidas Forever. Since the le coq sportif era. Come on give us what the fans want, they'd fly off the shelves.

04Sauzee
27-02-2020, 04:53 PM
It was the end of March when the Macron deal was announced, so any new deal with Macron or a new kit supplier I think it'll be in the next few weeks.

Think you wre right, think it was 27th March looking online

SBoyd79
11-03-2020, 09:26 PM
Sorry I have no idea how to get the link from YouTube on here but if you search Hibs shirt review there is a small 2 minute video released 6 days ago from Macron about Hibs shirts and saying next seasons will be interesting designs.

Thought it was worth a share and if anyone better could link the video that would be handy

Man Down Under
11-03-2020, 09:29 PM
Sorry I have no idea how to get the link from YouTube on here but if you search Hibs shirt review there is a small 2 minute video released 6 days ago from Macron about Hibs shirts and saying next seasons will be interesting designs.

Thought it was worth a share and if anyone better could link the video that would be handyhttps://youtu.be/ydZa5K-FHaw

Thats the one

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

SBoyd79
11-03-2020, 09:30 PM
https://youtu.be/ydZa5K-FHaw

Thats the one

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

Thank you buddy

NAE NOOKIE
11-03-2020, 10:47 PM
Feels like I've been waiting on Adidas Forever. Since the le coq sportif era. Come on give us what the fans want, they'd fly off the shelves.

Not if they run the 3 stripes down the white sleeves like they did the last time ... I thought it looked terrible. However, if they did a white away top with the 3 stripes down the sleeves I would have one to play walking football in in a heartbeat :greengrin